It's nano season again - who's writing a Roswell novel?

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

It's nano season again - who's writing a Roswell novel?

Post by Chrisken »

The forums at http://www.nanowrimo.org/ have relaunched, and I know that there were a few of us who tackled national novel writing month last time. Anybody up for trying again? The target is 50,000 words on a new work of fiction.

I'm going to be tackling "Please stand up", the third entry in my Restorations series, after 'Divergence' and 'Summer love isn't always easy'
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

Evelynn
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Evelynn »

Chris, you beat me to posting! I will be participating this year with by writing another fanfic. Hopefully more people will join in on the fun with us.

Evelynn
Isabelle!
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Isabelle! »

I hope I can join. We'll see how busy things are with school and life.

Isabelle
lazza
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: In the special place where all is right in the world of Roswell...aka Australia

Post by lazza »

Hello fellow suckers!!!!

Yep I'm SOOOOO in, but I'll be on holiday for the middle 2 weeks (China) so not sure if it'll get finished. I can't decided if I should go down the Roswell theme again (considering that my project from last year has stalled) or go original....hmmm I guess I still have 3 weeks to work it out!!
Evelynn
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Evelynn »

lazza wrote:Hello fellow suckers!!!!

Yep I'm SOOOOO in, but I'll be on holiday for the middle 2 weeks (China) so not sure if it'll get finished. I can't decided if I should go down the Roswell theme again (considering that my project from last year has stalled) or go original....hmmm I guess I still have 3 weeks to work it out!!

Yeah you do. I can't wait.

:wink: I knew you wouldn't be able to resist.

Evelynn
Fehrbaby
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Fehrbaby »

I've joined, but I won't be doing Roswell. It'll be original.
Chione
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Chione »

I'm doing it for the fourth year in a row (I'm a masochist, what can I say?) but it'll be original, not Roswell. I've always had a hard time writing fanfic for Nano, I don't really know why.

Good luck everyone!

Chione
<center>My Stories
</center>
lazza
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: In the special place where all is right in the world of Roswell...aka Australia

Post by lazza »

Actually thinking of a story about a girl travelling in China :)

First hand experience and all... :lol:
Evelynn
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Evelynn »

I find first hand experience is the best kind of experience. :wink:

Evelynn
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

*waves*

Thanks to the great info Evelynn gave me...such a sweetheart :D I have signed up. So far I'm toying around with what story to actually write. I was going to use it to write my first Roswell CC (aside of my xmas fic) but life is pretty hectic. I have so many I could use Nano to write, I guess I have a few weeks to figure it out :shock: :? Either way it will be Roswell if I tried anything original, it might be too dark even for me to write :roll:

Tanya