It's nano season again - who's writing a Roswell novel?

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

KatnotKath
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KatnotKath »

I'm afraid I gave up thanks to RL and being sick a couple of weeks ago. I just couldn't concentrate after I had flu and since then other stuff has come up which just meant that it wasn't going to happen... I got about 17,000, had been going fine until then, but I guess there's always next year.

Well done Ali, I'll be rooting for you to succeed!

Kat
My fics:

Dreams and Reality
Reality Revealed
Family Connections
When Love and Loss Collide
When Friendship and Love Combine - New!
If Only...
The Important Thing
Home for Christmas
I Knew Him Before (PB fic)
Love Always...
The First Time Around - New!
guelbebek
Addicted Roswellian

Post by guelbebek »

just found this :D

i heard of NaNo for the first time in october 2007 when behrsgirl77 said we would get less updates because of it :D so i informed myself and thought 50,000 in one month, no way when my muse is on holidays, so i didnt sign up...and then it hit me :) i wrote over 55,000 in november. i hate my muse :lol: i know it hates me too and wants to annoy me
Roswell 4th Season in German! 17 Episodes are online. (Update 25/08)

My Authors Page
German Roswell Fictions
DreamerLaure
Addicted Roswellian

Re: It's nano season again - who's writing a Roswell novel?

Post by DreamerLaure »

I signed up last year but I was nowhere close to the 50K jackpot wordcount :lol:

So I'm doing it again, and I'm definitely doing something Roswell-related ;) Who's doing it this year?
"The expected is just the beginning. The unexpected is what changes our lives."
Meredith - Grey's Anatomy
Tears_of_Mercury
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Tears_of_Mercury »

I am proud and more than a little terrified to announce that I'm doing a NaNo fanfic novel this year. :D Unfortunately, it isn't for Roswell - it's for Twilight. (and now everyone comes out with pitchforks and screams "R U SRIUS?!!!" :lol: )

I am crazy nervous that I will get massively blocked. I am convinced that if I do get past 50K it will be to find that I am still nowhere near completing the story. And my biggest fear is that I reach word count gold, finish the story, and then read over it in December and find it's absolute, irredeemable crap.

But I am pressing on! Not even two hours last night where I was convinced I had lost my handwritten outlines (and what a two hours THAT was) will deter me. I am (sort of) organized and will be writing crazily come midnight tonight whether I have anything to say or not.
KatnotKath
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KatnotKath »

What it is with me and getting sick in November? :(. I was never going to be able to do Nano properly this time - it's my first on call week at work this month which if everyone else's weeks have anything to go by means I'll be in early and out late, with little time for myself even over the weekend. I thought it best not to push therefore. But, at the suggestion of one of my friends, I did mean to try and make sure I wrote something every day, however short, be it a couple of pages of one of my fics, an rpg post, a diary entry...anything... Which worked for the first two days, then I got hit with a horrible cold/flu and haven't been able to write anything until last night. Maybe I should just accept that my first time was to be my only time...?

Good luck to everyone out there doing it though, whether with a Roswell based fic or otherwise :)
My fics:

Dreams and Reality
Reality Revealed
Family Connections
When Love and Loss Collide
When Friendship and Love Combine - New!
If Only...
The Important Thing
Home for Christmas
I Knew Him Before (PB fic)
Love Always...
The First Time Around - New!
Michelle17
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Michelle17 »

I sign up could someone please tell how this works? Can write fiction like a story I 've done on the board?

Special thanks too

claudialynn
Janetfl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Janetfl »

I'm with Michelle 17. I would like to try to write a nano fic but have no idea what it is or how to sign up for it. Can any one help us?

JAN :D
Thank you to the wonderful, artistic RoswellOracle for this awesome siggie!
Misha
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Misha »

Knock yourselves out, girls!

http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/faq :mrgreen:
"There's addiction, and there's Roswell!"
Janetfl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Janetfl »

Thanks so much!!!!

JAN
Thank you to the wonderful, artistic RoswellOracle for this awesome siggie!
ken_r
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by ken_r »

I started a new fanfic this weekend how does this work? I have about 18,000 words since Friday when i started.

ken r
Good teachers are born that way, not made. No! Good human beings, are born that way. Some of them become teachers.

Of course, life is not fair. You shouldn't expect it to be fair, but you should expect it to be ironic.
JKR 1981-2001
History is made of wars, recovering from wars and preparing for the next war.
JJR 1975-