Unconventional Challenges

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Ella1022
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Ella1022 »

cardinalgirl wrote:Don't be afraid, Ella! I believe in you! :D

I'd offer to act as a sounding board, if you'd like... maybe?

Thanks Lisa would it be okay if I didn't make Tess evil?
"The early bird may catch the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese"- Romeo from Dark Hunter Series
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

Ella1022 wrote:
cardinalgirl wrote:Don't be afraid, Ella! I believe in you! :D

I'd offer to act as a sounding board, if you'd like... maybe?

Thanks Lisa would it be okay if I didn't make Tess evil?
Okay? Heck, it would be encouraged! :wink: Honestly, pretty much any deviation you want to do is okay by me. :)
Skittles1983
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Challenge 23

Post by Skittles1983 »

Hi Everyone! I have a Liz/Zan challenge that I'd like to post. If anyone's interested just PM me or email me. Thanks, Amy

Challenge 23

I'd like for someone to write a story, whether it has chapters or is one part is completely up to the author. It can be any rating and bring in any couples or characters as long as Liz/Zan is the main focus.

I'd like the story to be based on a Jessica Andrews song entitled, "You're the man (that brings the woman out in me)". Here are the lyrics:

Sitting here all by myself with my heart up
On the shelf
This house don’t feel like home to me
I watch the clock up on the wall, Time stands
Still that’s all
When You’re out of reach I wish you could see
Since you went away I’ve been feeling this way
What I really want to stay

I wanna see you, I wanna be with you, I wanna
Feel you
And put my arms around you when I hold you
I won’t let go of you baby
If I could kiss you I’d make love to you ‘cause
I need you
Like I never needed anybody, oh baby can’t
You see
You’re the man that brings the woman out of
Me

I took a walk out in the rain, Knowing that
You feel the same
With each goodbye I’m closer to you
Though the miles pull us apart, We both knew
It from the start
Together we can make it through
Every minute that you’re gone is a minute too
Long
Right here’s where you belong

Feel you
I need you
You see
Me

And when we are together it’s like nothing
That I’ve ever felt before
When you lay your hands on me
It‘s lightning and it’s thunder, this sweet
Spell that I’m under
Baby, You’re all that I need

Feel you
I need you
You see
Me
"Something in your eyes makes me smile..." David Gray
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

#24 Something to Talk About Polar Challenge

Couple: Michael/Liz

Rating: Any

Summary: Liz and Michael are just friends but the town continues to believe they are much more. What happens when they decide to finally become a couple?

Optional

-Can have aliens or not.

Lyrics:

ARTIST: Bonnie Raitt
TITLE: Something to Talk About
Lyrics and Chords

People are talking, talking 'bout people
I hear them whisper, you won't believe it
They think we're lovers kept under cover
I just ignore it, but they keep saying
We laugh just a little too loud
We stand just a little too close
We stare just a little too long
Maybe they're seeing something we don't, darlin'

Let's give them something to talk about
How about lo-o-ove

I feel so foolish, I never noticed
You'd act so nervous, could you be falling for me
It took a rumor to make me wonder
Now I'm convinced I'm going under
Thinking 'bout you every day
Dreaming 'bout you every night
I'm hoping that you feel the same way
Now that we know it, let's really show it, darlin'

A little mystery to figure out
How about love, love, love, love
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Ships: Bangel~Spuffy~Polar~Jumper~Drifter~X-tremer~Awakened Dreamer~Catfighter~Naley~Rogan~Liason~Chilly~Delena~Sebasthryn~Ezria~Jaylee
jbangelo
Administrator

Post by jbangelo »

Anniepoo98 wrote:Challenge 16:

In Crowder

~ Post CYN
~ Takes place right around Christmas (I know, its not really the season anymore, but work with me... lol)
~ Since Alex's death, Isabel has been in a funk. The only person she really lets in anymore is Kyle.
~ They found out that it was Nicholas that killed Alex a few months after his death. Liz was instrumental in this.
~ Liz and Max got together (hows and whys are up to you).
~ BTW, Tess good. You can use her however much or little as you please... you could even give her a guy, cause no one should ever be lonely at Christmas.
~ Anyway, Isabel is still in a funk... feeling a guilty because Alex's death was alien related. Over the past few months, Kyle has tried to help her deal, and has fallen a little more in love with her as each day passed.
~ Since it is Christmas, the gang has decided to do something along the line 'Secret Santa' gift exchange. Kyle draws Isabel's name, and tries to figure out the perfect gift not only to show his feelings for her, but to get her to love life again.

The particulars are up to you from that point on... ect...
All right, Annie, I think I'm gonna take this one. But I'm gonna wait until closer to the holidays to do it. ;)
“You know you’re right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself.”

Jen C
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Zan/Liz

Post by Jen C »

Challenge #25

Couple: Liz/Zan

Rating: Any, but I would prefer Adult and above (I mean, it is Zan) :twisted:

Summary: I have read some very good fics where Liz is the alien queen, and has been with the NY crew, and come searching for Max as her king. What if we turned it around. She is still queen, but is with the Roswell crew. However, she either knows that Zan is who is supposed to be her king, or she feels that someone is out there for her. So she goes searching for him. I would love to see that kind of story.

Um, I tend to go overboard sometimes, so if you see something you want to change, PM me. I will probably be ok with just about any change.

- More than one parter. Would prefer a long fic.

- No particular timeframe

- Liz/Zan centric, but would like it to start in Roswell, or at least show some of the history of how Liz fits in... see next -

- Would like to know how Liz fits in with the Ros crew... ie, Was she podded? Was she raised by a protector? Was she raised with the other podsters? Was she raised by the Parkers? How did she find out about her queen status, and her powers?

You fill in her background.

- This can be as AU as you want.

- I would like a rough but knows who he is, smart version of Zan.

- Mabye Liz was with Max before she found out about Zan, but...

- Zan can’t feel like he is a substitute for Max. He must know that he is supposed to be king, but he can or cannot know about Liz.

- NY crew (other than Zan) can be good or bad, but...

- Zan needs a good support crew, so if Rath, Lonnie and Ava are evil, he will need someone else he can trust.

- Don’t want the Ros crew to be evil, but they don’t have to like what is going on. Don’t have to be super good.

Have other ideas about pairings and such, but they are optional. PM or YIM me if you are interested in the rest.

Jen
anonymousarfan
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by anonymousarfan »

Challenge 26 (or 4 in my other challenge thread at polar attractions)

Ok, I saw this movie a long, long time ago, and I remembered it this days...and oh...Great for a polar Challenge
Here's the plot of the movie "The Cutting Edge"

Kate is talented and spoiled. She and her coach have eliminated her most recent figure skating partner with little time to find a replacement. None of the candidates will do, and her coach finds a college hockey player with no figure skating experience as a last possibility. The two are from totally different worlds and argue constantly, but his strong work ethic brings both her father and her coach around. The two enter international competition trying out a new routine that is dangerous for each of them as their respect for each other finally begins to grow.

At the 1988 Winter Olympics at Calagary we see Doug Dorsey battered in a vicious hockey game against West Germany. We then see a Kate doing her program and falling when a lift goes bad. Both have fought all their life to get to the Olympics and suddenly the dream has been shattered. The movie then follows a tempermental but talented figure skater Kate through many partners until finally her coach resorts to recruiting a hockey player. Through the difficult training of 15 hours of skating a day they finally prepare for Nationals and the Olympics. A romance is budding and their final show could bend or break them as they try to achieve their dreams of an Olympic Gold medal.

Here's the link to this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104040/plotsummary

*Liz is the skater and Michael the ice hockey player

*After Michael looses part of his range of sight his carreer falls down. He tries to get a place in a team but all reject them

*Liz, after loosing in the Olympics, she goes from partner to partner. She's such a bitch noones stays longer than a week

*Michael is determined to skate again and he wont let her get to him

*Liz boyfriend, boring, works for her father, and travels a lot. You can have him either being Max or Kyle

*Michael has a brother who ones a truckers bar, where everybody knows Michael

*They hate each other but of course in the end they realize they have fallen in love

*NC-17 is your choice

*Happy ending is a must

If you have any questions please ask! :D
LysCat
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LysCat »

Challenge 27

Taken.
Last edited by LysCat on Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Walter: "I used this to extract information from a corpse once. You can do that if they've been dead up to six hours."
Peter: "Yeah, cause after six hours they're REALLY dead."
Shiesty23
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Shiesty23 »

<center>This is a Shiesty&Zygote Challenge:</center>

Timeline: Wipe Out
Couple: Isabel/Kyle

<center>Summary</center>

When Maria destroyed the Green Rod, everything returned back to normal…or so they thought…

Isabel notices little anomalies that keep accruing around Roswell…such as things and people disappearing before her only to reappear in other places as if nothing has happened…

At first, she tries to dismiss these little incidents as her being tired or stress over the whole encounter with Nicholas and the Skins a few weeks back…but when one particular anomaly spooks her at School…she runs to tell the others…

Kyle is the first she sees ….unfortunately…he will be the only one who will know about it…because when she reaches him, the anomaly that Isabel saw sucks them into its reality…

<center>Key Elements You Must Know:</center>

- The Anomaly that Isabel sees at the School is like a tear in time… its up to you the Challenge Taker…to tell us what sort of reality our couple has been thrown into….such as…an alternate Universe? An alternate time…another Planet such as Antar…

- It is also up to the Challenge Taker if the want to have our couple come back to their right Reality/Planet/Time/Whatever…..or stay where they are.

- Now we, Zygote and I, would like the Challenge Taker to take their time in developing Isabel and Kyle’s relationship…no sudden professions of love!....In fact, if you like….this story don’t really have to be about them falling in love…it could very well focus on their uniquely close friendship…

- This is NOT a requirement but if you like threesomes or just love angst…you could involve Alex in the mix… ;)

- This challenge can go anywhere and end anyway …just have fun with it!

SHI
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

This sprung from a conversation I was having with roswellianprincess16...

This doesn't have to be UC, but it could be, since I don't care about the ships, so here goes...

What if somehow Zan either knew that Lonnie and Rath were going to kill him and killed them first, OR ends up killing both of them in self-defense?

And then, as a twist, he still needs the rest of his four-square to get back to Antar, so instead of trying to lure away Max, it'd be Michael and Isabel.

From there, anything goes. I'm just curious what people could make of this.