Unconventional Challenges

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

Secret Baby

~Michael and Liz have had secret relationship for about a year.

~Liz and Michael find out she's 1 month or 2 months pregnant

~The gang finds out about what's going on after hearing Liz and Michael talk in private.

~Rating: Adult

~Happy Mi/L ending.
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Ships: Bangel~Spuffy~Polar~Jumper~Drifter~X-tremer~Awakened Dreamer~Catfighter~Naley~Rogan~Liason~Chilly~Delena~Sebasthryn~Ezria~Jaylee
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

Couple: Liz/Michael

Rating: Adult

-Liz is taken by the FBI and gets shot up with drugs that make her have an uncontrollable need for sex.

-The FBI knows of her changed alien status and want her to become pregnant so they can study the baby and later use the child as a special kind of agent.

-The FBI either let her go so she can get pregnant or she escapes and Michael is the one to find her. He’ll put off her advances for a while but soon gives in.

-When Liz gets pregnant the drugs wear off. Now she’s trying to keep the baby away from the FBI and who ever else wants to use the baby.

-After the drugs wear off Liz and Michael are awkward around each other but they can’t fight that they have an attraction toward each other anymore (since they had one before all this starting happening).

-A whole lot of sex

Optional

-The Pod Squad and others find out somehow and confront Michael and Liz about it.

-Michael and Liz tell the Pod Squad before the aliens find out.

-Liz and Michael getting it on in the diner somewhere.

-A romantic evening that Liz sets up for her and Michael.
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Ships: Bangel~Spuffy~Polar~Jumper~Drifter~X-tremer~Awakened Dreamer~Catfighter~Naley~Rogan~Liason~Chilly~Delena~Sebasthryn~Ezria~Jaylee
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

'Max in the City'

Summary: Everyone goes to New York (not just Max + Tess)

Pairing: Michael/Liz, Rath/Liz or Rath/Liz/Michael

Rating: Teen-Adult

Must Have

-Ava takes Liz (with no one else) and gives her a make over.

-Liz and Ava hanging out a lot and the two groups wondering why.

-Rath +/or Michael seeing Liz with her make over and start pursuing her.

-Vilandra +/or Maria getting in Liz's face about their guys going after her.

Optional

-Friendship with Tess

-Liz's alien powers coming out.

-Someone getting beat up.

-Liz finding out she is an alien + she's the Queen (Tess/Ava being her lady in waiting and friend) + Michael/Rath is the King (Max is second in command or his servant.)
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
anonymousarfan
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by anonymousarfan »

Challenge 13 (or 3 in my other challenge thread at polar attractions)

Don't ask me why, but I sudendly remembered this awful show that lasted like 6 episodes, I think it was called "Wasteland" or something. (from the same producer of Dawson's) Well, I specially remember one of the stories and thought it would be a good polar fic

*AU, aliens or not. Mi/L

*Max and LIz dated a long long time, but the thing was that Liz was a virgin anfd Max didn't want to sleep with her because he said it was a big responsability to be a girl's first. Behind her back he fouled around

*Liz found out and left him

*They were in a group of friends (here the gang)

*Well, a couple oif years after they broke up, everybody is still friends, but Max was in another city and he came back

* they'r friends believed they were still in love and tried to hook them up. when he finds out she's still a virgin he refuses to sleep with her

*then (in the show was after new year's party) after a party Liz sleeps with one of Max's and her's best friend: in this case Michael

*they agree it was a mistake but behind everybodies back they keep on having sex

*When everybody finds out in turn they look confort in one another since Max won't takl to them, and Michael's ex, and Liz's best friend (one of them) won't talk to them either. And that's when they start to realize their feelings are changing and it's not only about sex abnd friendship anymore

*From there you take it wherever you go

*Oh, I forgot in the show all of Liz's friends were encouraguing her to have sex and when Max shows up even more

*NC-17 preferable

*Happy ending a must

Take it and Have Fun!!!!!!!!!!

Requirements: just one, ask me about it (nothing major, I promise)
Last edited by anonymousarfan on Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bad_wolf
Enthusiastic Roswellian

bringing over my challenges from the PA

Post by bad_wolf »

AU Antar

Polar

The Royal Four never died so they never ended up in Roswell.

The story starts out with 8 year old Liz Parker camping in the woods with her father. She sees a strange object in the sky heading toward the woods and goes to investigate. She sees a man waiting in the clearing of the woods (Nasedo or some other shapeshifter). A UFO lands and some other shapeshifters come out to greet him. While they're distracted Liz sneaks aboard to look around but the ship ends up taking off with her on it. Eventually the aliens find her and want to kill her but one of the shapeshifters decides to take her and raise her upon reaching Antar.

Eight to ten years later or however old you want to make her, Liz has lived among the antarians no one knowing of her human status. One day she crosses paths with Rath, the young soon to be second-in-command when Zan takes the throne. He is cold hearted, raised to be a soldier. He meets Liz and is intrigued by her because unlike everyone else she isn't intimidated by him and she talks back. This of course draws attention from everyone and when she gets home her guardian warns her not to draw attention to herself.

Rath's interest in Liz doesn't go unnoticed. The King, Zan's father is angry about this since Rath was supposed to marry his daughter Vilandra.

He finds out about Liz's Earth status from one of the shapeshifters who were on the spaceship when Liz stowed away and he locks her up because the antarians arent fond of humans (for whatever reason, all i could think of was that they frowned upon humans for being a lesser species than them).

Rath and Liz's guardian decide to break Liz out of her holding cell and she and Rath get on a spaceship to earth. Liz is touched that Rath went through all this trouble to rescue her and was willing to go to a foreign planet to be with her.

So Liz and Rath arrive on Earth. She goes to see her family. How do they react to Liz being missing eight or so years? What do they think of Rath? What will Liz's cover story be?

This part of the story would be Rath adjusting to earth and liz and him starting to date.

Also, will Liz tell Alex and Maria about Rath's non human status? Will Rath use his powers in front of them?

You could leave the name "Rath" or maybe have Liz change it to Michael upon reaching Earth.
"I made my choice a long time ago and I'm never gonna leave you"
The Doctor&Rose
bad_wolf
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by bad_wolf »

This would be an alternative timeline where Liz died that day at the Crashdown because Michael was successful in stopping Max. Liz finds out that Max was supposed to heal her and Michael stopped him. Angry that she didn't have to die that day and she missed out on a relationship with Max she haunts Michael. Michael is the only one who sees her.

Requirements:

- a cynical ghost Liz
- Michael being caught talking to Liz in public, everyone else sees him talking to no one, and getting weird looks.
- Michael threatening to exorcise Liz. ;)
- Michael/Liz romance
"I made my choice a long time ago and I'm never gonna leave you"
The Doctor&Rose
Anniepoo98
Forum Moderator

Post by Anniepoo98 »

I've posted these over at ER, but there doesn't seem to be any takers, so I thought that I would try here....

Challenge 16: (I think)

Fifthwheeler

~ Takes place during or after ARCC.
~ Tess is trying to buy a present (and/or presents if you are planning to make this story take place at Christmas). Keep in mind, this is the point in the show where she seems to really be trying to fit in with the others (at least to me). Anyway, all of this gift-related stress is coming down on her.
~ Alex sees her (at the mall or a shop... possible the Crashdown) muttering about buying this present (or presents as stated before). She wants it to be perfect, and has no idea how to go about finding that perfect gift.
~ Alex, taking pity on her, offers to help. You can show how their friendship, and possibly something more, starts to grow while they search for this perfect gift.

Things to keep in mind....
1. This is really a pretty angst free challenge. Just a kinda short (ish) fluffy piece.
2. If you make this take place during X-mas, then Tess is probably trying to find gifts for everyone (and most likely having the hardest time with Liz, Maria, and/or Alex). If you are having this take place after ARCC, then she might be looking for a birthday gift... quite possibly for Alex's birthday gift. At least, that is a thought to ponder!

Challenge 17:

This is one of those what-if challenges that I love so much...

Again, it is a Fifthwheeler fic

~ What if Ava stayed instead of leaving at the end of MITC? After all, she'd found a friend in Liz, had helped Michael, Isabel, and Liz to save Max, so it was just as good a possibility that she might have stayed in Roswell. What would've happened if she did?
~ What would Tess reaction have been when she got home from New York to find that Ava was staying? Would their have been jealiously on her part, especially if Ava was being accepted in the group much quicker then Tess had been? Might Ava and Tess actually bonded because of their similarties?

Those are things to keep in mind.... questions to be answered during the course of this challenge.

~ Takes place after MITC.... probably like a few weeks to a month down the road or so.
~ Ava stayed behind and, with the help of the group, acclimated to life in Roswell. She can get a job, go to school, ect... (up to you of course)
~ The only thing is, the girl is on edge. After all, she betrayed Lonnie and Rath (at least, that is probably how they would see it) and she fears that they might come back to settle the score with her.
~ And she has a right to fear, because Lonnie is up to something. And, while she is take Rath along for the ride in this little scheme, it really is Nicholas who is pushing the buttons.
~ Nicholas really expected Max to give up the location of the Granolith at the Summit meeting. Now that that idea is shot to hell, he wants to use Lonnie and Rath to put the pressure on Ava to scope out the location. Lonnie, wanting a little payback, plans to put Ava through a little hell first.
~ Most of the details of the hows and whys at this point are up to you. One option to explore would be the whole doppleganger thing.... after all, Lonnie and Rath used it to manipulate Max in MTD (posing as Isabel and Michael), so what is to say that they wouldn't do the same again... only to Ava this time. Plus, Ava has probably altered her looks to blend in to bland(ish) Roswell. Might, at some point, the dupes mistake Tess for Ava??? Thoughts to ponder...

Must haves (for the most part)...
~ A/T and Ava/K ... I'd really like for whoever takes this to get into their heads in this story... I mean really focus on them. For Alex and Tess, the bond is being the on the outside edges of the group. For Tess, this will probably be amplified by Ava's staying and acceptance. And at this point in the canon, Alex is treated like an afterthought (in my opinion anyway)... Always the last to find out, always the last person the group is concerned about. I'd say that this would bug him... and just might be the catalyst that brings him and Tess together.

For Ava and Kyle... she wants to fit in at Roswell and into this new life she is trying to make for herself. Kyle, just being the nice guy that he is, helps her. During this, they bond (of course). He sees something in her that, yes, he did see in Tess, or more so. I've always seen Ava as the softer, gentlier, more wound version of Tess, so that might be what Kyle sees, and is drawn to.

You can add any feelings of guilt that Kyle might have when he starts leaning more towards Ava instead of Tess. You can also show Tess's hurt feelings when he does, which might further propel her towards Alex.

~ The last thing I want to see is the friendship (or building there of) between Tess and Ava. How they regard each other, moving past hurt feelings and jealiousies toward a genuine bond... possibly sisterly feelings.

Challenge 16:

In Crowder

~ Post CYN
~ Takes place right around Christmas (I know, its not really the season anymore, but work with me... lol)
~ Since Alex's death, Isabel has been in a funk. The only person she really lets in anymore is Kyle.
~ They found out that it was Nicholas that killed Alex a few months after his death. Liz was instrumental in this.
~ Liz and Max got together (hows and whys are up to you).
~ BTW, Tess good. You can use her however much or little as you please... you could even give her a guy, cause no one should ever be lonely at Christmas.
~ Anyway, Isabel is still in a funk... feeling a guilty because Alex's death was alien related. Over the past few months, Kyle has tried to help her deal, and has fallen a little more in love with her as each day passed.
~ Since it is Christmas, the gang has decided to do something along the line 'Secret Santa' gift exchange. Kyle draws Isabel's name, and tries to figure out the perfect gift not only to show his feelings for her, but to get her to love life again.

The particulars are up to you from that point on... ect...

Hope that someone will want to give these a shot.

Later,
Annie:)
jbangelo
Administrator

Post by jbangelo »

Anniepoo98 wrote:Challenge 16:

In Crowder

~ Post CYN
~ Takes place right around Christmas (I know, its not really the season anymore, but work with me... lol)
~ Since Alex's death, Isabel has been in a funk. The only person she really lets in anymore is Kyle.
~ They found out that it was Nicholas that killed Alex a few months after his death. Liz was instrumental in this.
~ Liz and Max got together (hows and whys are up to you).
~ BTW, Tess good. You can use her however much or little as you please... you could even give her a guy, cause no one should ever be lonely at Christmas.
~ Anyway, Isabel is still in a funk... feeling a guilty because Alex's death was alien related. Over the past few months, Kyle has tried to help her deal, and has fallen a little more in love with her as each day passed.
~ Since it is Christmas, the gang has decided to do something along the line 'Secret Santa' gift exchange. Kyle draws Isabel's name, and tries to figure out the perfect gift not only to show his feelings for her, but to get her to love life again.

The particulars are up to you from that point on... ect...
I hope someone takes this one. I would, but I can barely seem to get an update up on the one I'm already writing. :lol:
“You know you’re right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself.”

ISLANDGIRL5
Forum Moderator

Post by ISLANDGIRL5 »

ooh, ooh!!

I hope someone takes it too. You know, Jenny, one of these days, we'll have to work on an in-crowder fic together. One of these days. If I can ever finish the ones I've got going....
I once heard that dust is made up of human skin cells. If that's true, I think there's a naked man under my bed!
jbangelo
Administrator

Post by jbangelo »

Dude, that would totally rock. ;)
“You know you’re right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself.”