Alternate Universe Challenges

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Lillie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lillie »

Challenge 39

This idea is inspired by Toby Keith's song, How Do you Like Me Now? Here are the lyrics,

I was always the crazy one
I broke into the stadium
And I wrote your number on the 50 yard line
You were always the perfect one
And the valadictorian so
Under your number I wrote "call for a good time"

I only wanted to catch your attention
But you overlooked me somehow
Besides you had too many boyfriends to mention
And I played my guitar too loud.

How do you like me now?
How do you like me now,
Now that I'm on my way?
Do you still think I'm crazy
Standin here today?
I couldnt make you love me
But I always dreamed about living in your radio
How do you like me now?

When I took off to Tennessee
I heard that you made fun of me
Never imagined I'd make it this far
Then you married into money girl
Aint it a cruel and funny world?
He took your dreams and tore them apart.

He never comes home
And youre always alone
And your kids hear you cryin down the hall
Alarm clock starts ringin
Who could that be singin
Its me baby, with your wake up call!

How do you like me now?
How do you like me now,
Now that I'm on my way?
Do you still think I'm crazy
Standin here today?
I couldnt make you love me
But I always dreamed about living in your radio
How do you like me now?

Tell me baby...
I will preach on...

So the jist of the story is that, this guy liked this girl. He tried to get her attention and she didn't respond to his attempt. She was the smart girl, who had many boyfriends. He left to become something to show her, and she got married to a rich man, but her dreams never came true. And now he's on the radio and she's sad.

I thought this could be interesting if it was done with a Max/Liz twist.
Tinkerbell_Luvs_Roswell
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Tinkerbell_Luvs_Roswell »

Challenge 40

Based off the new ABC show Injustice
AU No Aliens

Elizabeth Parker was convicted of murdering ______(you decide) when she was 22 and has spent the last four years in jail. (You pick how long convicted but she must not have parole)

Alex Whitman is Liz's best friend and for years has trying to get appeals. He feels as if he is failing Liz. When his girlfriend (Isabel Evans) for a month or two suggest they go to her brother for help on the case.

Max Evans is the chief investigator at the National Justice Project. He works for Jim Valenti an atternory. His team includes Maria Deluca, Michael Guerin, Tess Harding and Kyle Valenti.

One day Isabel and her new boyfriend Alex come to Max with a case. Liz doesn't have an alibi but somethng doesn't seem right with the case. (you can pick something doesn't matter what as long as it shows some proof that Liz didn't commit the crime) Max takes the case and goes to met Liz.

He is imediatley blown away by how pretty she is and makes it his top priority to get Liz out. They are able to get Liz out

Must Have:
Maria and Michael as partners when investigating. They argue and Michael often lies to people to get information he needs.
They find out who really commited the crime
At one point Liz must feel that she is never going to get out and Max must tell Liz that he is going to take her out once she gets out. By that it will give her hope.

The rest is up to you. It can be any rating. It can take place in Roswell or anywhere else(the show takes place in Oakland) If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Lillie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lillie »

Challenge 41

Kinda based on the movie Career Opportunities with Jennifer Connelly.

AU. A/I.

Isabel Evans is the rebellious daughter of the richest man in town. She is desperate to get away from her father, but knows that she can never really get away. By a chance occurence, she and Alex Whitman, who is known as the town liar are stuck together in a store. (In the movie, it was Target, but you can have it as whatever you like.) The two of them are locked in the store overnight and they feel a connection, an attraction, and they test one another.

Isabel makes a proposal to Alex, suggesting that the two of them go away somewhere. But before they can make any ideas or plans, they are intercepted by two men who want to rob the place.

-- This story should be funny, with lots of hijinks.
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Sternbetrachter »

I hope someone takes 41 :)
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
littleroswell
Roswell Fanatic

Post by littleroswell »

# 42

Couple: M/L (of course)

Inspired by the movie, and many other stories like it, "My Best Friend's Wedding", but really not much like it.

Summary: Max and Liz have been best friends (yes, I know another best friend story but I happen to like them) since the third grade when one of the bullies threw Max's lunch in a giant mud puddle and Liz offered to share hers. They've been through just about everything together, from nightmares and broken limbs, Liz's entry into womanhood and Max's braces. They shared their first kiss and helped each other over each new significant other and the breakups afterward. Even though they ended up in different colleges, they were still in the same state and got together all the time. Liz fulfilled her dream of studying microbiology at Harvard and Max went to Yale's Law school.

Life after college took them in separate directions, with Liz having to relocate every so often where the funding and her research take her. Max was offered a job back in their old home town of Roswell with his dad at first but quickly outgrew it and ended up at a very successful firm in wherever you choose. You also get to choose what kind of lawyer he is. They keep in touch however, writing letters, IMing each other on the internet, and quick chats stolen over the phone.

Then Max gets a big surprise, one that hurts more than he ever thought possible. He flies home for the holidays in December and can’t wait to see Liz again because this is the only time they’ve seen each other each year for 4 years. The surprise is that this is the first time Liz had brought a boyfriend home with her. Doug Shellow is a handsome, sweet, and very rich man whose work as an archeologist and Liz’s threw them together. Max can’t put his finger on what it is he doesn’t like about him until Doug proposes to Liz on Christmas morning and she accepts.

It’s now that Max realizes, too late, that he’s been in love with Liz for a long time. Over the next few months between that Christmas morning and the day of Liz’s wedding in October, Max tries to be the best friend and be happy for Liz but his feelings keep getting in the way. Liz knows something is going on with him but every time she tries to question him, he freezes up on her or something interrupts him before he can tell her how he feels. When the week of her wedding finally arrives, Liz can’t help a feeling of dread that fills her but she chalks it up to cold feet until Max finally can’t hold out anymore and tells her that he loves her. He tells her that he wants her to be happy but he hopes she can be happy with him and not Doug.

Rules: Must include all the main characters, in whatever roles you’d like but their relationships that were established in the show can’t be really off. (ie, Isabel and Max must still be brother and sister.) Use flashbacks to show special moments between Liz and Max, including at least one fight. Doug can’t end up a real idiot or something; he must be someone we would believe Liz could think she’s in love with. Must end dreamer friendly.
Just call me Phoenix...cause I'm back from the dead!
behrlyliz
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrlyliz »

Edit - Taken by *zans-gurl*

#43 M/L, AU/NA

Awake
Team Framing Hanley
My Fics~My Challenges~My Space
Michelle17
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Michelle17 »

I hope someone takes challenge 26

Special thanks too

claudialynn
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

Based on the movie/ Legend Troy.

Kivar is the ruthless dictator of a kingdom, but he's greedy and wants more so he starts wars with other kingdoms as an excuse to invade them and take them over.

One of the kingdom is ruled by Liz and Michael's parents. Kivar klls their parents and brings Liz and Michael to his palace to raise as his children (so that the people of their kingdom will be loyal to him). When they grow older, Liz grows into one of the most beautiful women in the world and Kivar's feelings change from paternal to l ust . So he forces Liz to agree to marry him.

He invites all the princes and kings from other kinkdoms to come to the wedding. It's a show of strenght, he wants them to see how rich and powerful he is so that they won't try to stand up to him. One of the princes is Max.

The night before the wedding, Liz tries to kll herself but Max saves her, they fall in love instantly and he sneaks her away from Kivar and back to him home kingdom.

Liz left a message to Michael to tell him what happened, but Kivar intercepts it. Kivar tells Michael that Max sdeuced Liz and took her against her will. He gathers his army to go after Liz, with Michael at the helm. Michael, is the fiercest warrior in the world and he is loyal to kivar (he doesn't know that Kivar is the one who klled his parents).

So Kivar's army surrounds Antar and lays siege on them. Michael calls Max out to fight. Believing that Michael got the message, and is still furious with Liz for betraying him, Max fights Michael.

Michael easily defeats Max, but just before delivering the blow, Max says something to Michael that makes him realise that Liz loves Max and went with him on her own behalf. He joins Max's side and fights against Kivar.

Although, Michael is now loyal to Max and happy for his sister, he's a little p*ssed at Max for taking his sister so he plots revenge. Isabel and Maria are Max's sisters so Michael sets about sdeucing them.

The war contiunes and Liz blames herself for all the deths, so to end the war she sneaks out of the city to give herself to Kivar. Max must then fight Kivar to save her.

In the end, Kivar is defeated and they all live happily ever after.
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

Based on the tv program Miss Match starring Alicia Silverstone and David Conrad (aka, Agent Peirce)

Liz is a lawyer, she’s a partner in a firm with Max and Michael but her true passion is matchmaking. Even though her own love life is a disaster, she is constantly trying to set up her friends, clients and work colleagues. After attending the wedding of Alex and Isabel, a couple she helped set up, she makes a bet with Max and Michael that she could find a match for anybody they brought to her.

They each propose the other.

Max thinks she’ll never be able to find a match for Michael who is commitment phobic and has never been in a serious relationship in his life.

Michael thinks she’ll never be able to find a match for Max because he knows that Max is completely in love with Liz.

Can Liz find somebody for Michael?

And will she ever see that the perfect match for Max is staring her at her in the mirror.

Must end CC.
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

Taken
Last edited by nibbles2 on Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.