Alternate Universe Challenges

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Lillie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lillie »

Challenge 20

TAKEN by Inga

Too Lost In You

*Based on the premise of the movie, The Family Stone.
Last edited by Lillie on Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lillie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lillie »

Challenge 21

Liz Parker thought that she had everything. She was going to school, had money, great friends and a wonderful boyfriend. That is until she found out that she was pregnant. Kyle Valenti wasn't prepared to be a father, so he broke things off with her and left her to deal with being a single parent. But her best friend, Max Evans wasn't going to let that happen. He wasn't going to let Liz do it all by herself.

He promised her that he would take care of her and the baby, so he asked her to marry him. Liz wasn't too sure about it, but Max convinced her. They fell in love with each other and are completely happy until Kyle shows up wanting to make things up to Liz and their baby. Max isn't going to let anyone take his wife and baby away from him.

-- CC. M/L. When Liz finds out that she's pregnant, her parents aren't too happy with her decision to have the baby, so they stop paying for her school. Max tells his parents that he is the father of the baby, he doesn't want anyone to know that the baby isn't his. Also, Kyle is together with Tess or Ava, whichever one you like and they are going to get married. But Tess/Ava doesn't know about Liz and the baby.
Lillie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lillie »

Challenge 22

Taken by Skittles83

AU. M/L. M/M. A/I.

*I was reading this romance novel that I love for about the millionth time. Now, I thought it would be kinda cool with a Roswellian twist. But since I've read it more than once, I don't think that I would be the best judge of character to write it. So I'm putting this out here, but mostly just the premise. Not a whole bunch of details, but some. Based on the book Married By A Thread by Kia Cochrane.*
Last edited by Lillie on Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lillie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lillie »

Challenge 23

*I've never seen the movie The Long Hot Summer before. Well, until right now that is. And I think that it would be interesting to do a story like this, of course with our Roswellian twist.*

Jim Valenti wants only one thing before he dies. He wants to see grandchildren, but it doesn't appear that his children are anywhere near having children. His only son, Kyle is too busy playing games and chasing after his wife Tess to give him an heir. And his daughter, Liz is too busy teaching other people's children to even think about getting married, even though she has been dating Alex Whitman for almost two years. So when a drifter named Max Evans comes to town looking for a fresh start, Jim thinks that Max is perfect for his daughter to marry. Someone he sees as strong like himself, someone not afraid to get what he wants. The perfect kind of son.

Though Liz is intrgiued with Max, she doesn't want to like him cause he reminds her of her father and she believes that one of him is enough. But Liz finds it harder and harder to deny the feelings that she has for him.

-- I think that this story would be good if it was a period period. Maybe takes place during the 50's, somewhere in a small town where they don't seem affected by the things that take place in the world.

-- Max has to have had a bad childhood, which he admits to Liz.

-- Isabel can be a girl from the wrong side of town, who has an illegitimate baby, which we can later find out is Alex's, which is why Alex hasn't wanted to marry Liz. You can even make Isabel Max's sister, if you like.
Lillie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lillie »

Challenge 24

*Based on the movie, Clue. I really want something funny to read and I thought that something based on the movie Clue would be hilarious.*

6 strangers are invited to a house by a man that they don't know. Someone that is blackmailing them, but it isn't anything horrible that they are being blackmailed about.

Isabel is Ms. Scarlett
Liz is Mrs. White
Maria is Ms. Peacock
Max is Mr. Green
Michael is Colonel Mustard
Alex is Professor Plum
Tess is Yvette the French Maid
Kyle is Wadsworth the Butler

-- Just a whole lot of fun and hijinks going on in the story. You can make characters fall for each other, doesn't really matter.
Lillie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lillie »

Challenge 25 ---

*Okay, this idea comes partly from the movie Four Brothers and from this dream that I had last night. So I am adding things that weren't in the movie. *

-- AU. M/L. M/M. A/I. K/A.

The Evans boys were four misfits that Diane Evans took into her home. It started with one child and she ended up taking in four boys. She became a mother to them, and a father. Knowing that she was giving them chances that they wouldn't have gotten if she hadn't taken them in. The four boys are as different as could be. But she loves them, despite their flaws. The four Evans boys have gone their own way, some to escape their pasts, trying to find where they fit it. But they are brought back together when one night Diane Evans is killed in a supposed robbery. Things just don't add up for the boys and they are determined to get to the bottom of their mother's death.

Max Evans is the oldest of the four. He left to try to become something, he wanted to prove himself to so many people who believed that he was nothing but a screw up. Ever since high school, Max has been in an on again, off again relationship with Liz Parker. There off times have sometimes been up to four years. They love each other more than anything, but Max has never felt that he was good enough for her. Her father has never let him forget that he will never be good enough for Liz. When Max comes back for his mother funeral, he realizes that he and Liz are now the proud parents of a six month old baby girl.

Alex is the second oldest son of the family, he has had his time of rebellion. But now considers him to be very responsible. Sometimes he wishes that he could go back to the past, and be the way he used to be. But he is content with the life that he has for himself, he is married to Isabel and they have two daughters under the age of six years old.

Michael is the third son. He has been in his on again, off again relationship with Maria DeLuca, the only woman he has ever found to match him in every aspect. Michael joined the marines when he was twenty years old, and enjoyed the life of being in the corps, but when he was injured, he traveled around, trying to find his place in the world. When Michael comes home, he and Maria rekindle the relationship that they have always had.

Kyle is the youngest. He is a guitarist in a rock band, and is always the butt of his brother's jokes. They have always thought that he was a little gay, just because he was in a band and his music always came first to him. He has never been in love, that is until he meets Ava. Kyle still has a lot of issues about his life before he was taken in by Diane.

--- There has to be lots of name calling from the guys. They call Michael names like jarhead, leather neck, things like that. As for Kyle, they make fun of him, thinking that he is gay. As for Maria, she and Max like to make fun of each other and call each other names. Maria has gotta be like a Spanish chick and say things in Spanish.

--- Now in the movie, there is a part where the guys find their birth certificates, well, two of the guys find their's. The other two guys aren't there. So I was thinking that might be a reason why Diane was killed. Because she knew about the birth parents of one of the four guys. But you can decide why she was killed.

-- Oh, and if you are going to be like in the movie, how the Kyle (Jack) character is shot, please don't kill him. Have him injured, but don't kill off Kyle.
Last edited by Lillie on Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lillie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lillie »

Challenge 26

This was an idea that I had gotten from the show Instant Star on the N.

Liz Parker is a hot young singer. ( Think like Amy Lee --- definitely not a pop star. She has an edge. ) When Liz was sixteen years old, she won a national songwriting contest and was signed to a record label, who produced her first album. Liz's producer of her album, was Max Evans, former member of a boy band, who had become a successful producer on his own. The two of them shared an attraction, but Max refused to act on it because Liz was younger than him. She was eight years younger than him. Until one night, he couldn't resist his attraction and the two of them almost made love. Liz believed that it could have been the beginning of a wonderful relationship, but Max would have none of it and the next thing she knew, he was dating her older sister, Tess. Liz vowed to never forgive him or her sister.

Six years later, Liz is twenty two years old and dating Kyle Valenti, who's father owns the record company she's signed with. As much as she loves Kyle, she just isn't in love with him. There have only been two men in her entire life that she has loved, Max and her ex-boyfriend, Shay. As much as she still cares so much for Shay, she knows that the two of them can never be together, there is just too much history there, too much pain.

Liz finally has her first vaction in years, after endless touring and recording and she plans to enjoy it, until Max Evans comes back into her life. She still loves him, but she can't forget the fact that he dated her sister, that he slept with her sister. But for some reason, she can't not see him. She agrees to help him with a charity album that he is working on, and as much as she wishes that she won't see him again afterwards, she knows that she can never really walk away from him again.

-- AU. M/L, A/I. (Now, you can pair up Tess and Kyle if you like. Kinda would be a bit of justice, seeing as Liz always thought Max and Tess had slept together and if Tess and Kyle paired up, Tess would have to deal with the fact Liz and Kyle were together.) :shock:

-- Alex is Tess and Liz's older brother. Alex and Tess are Liz's older half siblings, when Liz's mother died, she came to live with her father and his family. Tess has never forgiven Liz for barging into her families life when she was a little girl. Or the fact that having Liz around hurt her mother, who had to deal with her husband's child from an affair.

-- Alex has a four year old daughter named Chloe. Her mother was a French woman he meet and had a fling with. She had cancer and that was when Alex found out that he had a daughter, he is still learning how to be a father.

-- Tess and Max never really dated. It was something that Max just said and Tess went along with because Max asked her to. Max and Tess are still friends to this day. Just friends.

-- Shay, Liz's ex-boyfriend is a rapper and they were together for two years.
Lillie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lillie »

Challenge 27

*Based on the book You were On My Mind by Margot Early.*

For the past ten years, Liz Parker has been living her life, a life she invented for herself. After suffering a head injury that left her with permant amnesia, she finally discovers that in her previous life she has both a husband and a daughter. Liz is determined to finally know her former life, so she goes back to the home that she forgot, the life that she forgot, the family that she forgot.

Her husband Max Evans has slowly gotten on with his life, dated a couple of times, but never wanted much because of his love for his wife. But even with Liz back, there is just something not right. Max has doubts about Liz, that she doesn't altogether understand until he tells her the truth about what happened ten years ago.

Their marriage was one out of convience, even though Max loved her. Liz was pregnant with Max's older brother, Michael's baby. Max and Liz had always been friends with one another, and when she find out that she was pregnant, Max offered to marry her. Once Liz meets Michael Evans, she wonders what she had seen in him before, because now all she can see is Max and the attraction that she feels for him.

Liz wants to forge a relationship not only with her twelve year old daughter, but also with her sister, Tess, both who are shocked by the reappearance of Liz in their lives. They had moved on, Tess of course never forgetting her sister and her best friend, and her daughter, never knowing the woman who gave birth to her. Will Liz ever be able to prove to Max that she isn't the woman she used to be?

--- M/L. Their daughter (who is Michael's biological daughter) is 12 years old. When Liz was found wandering in a city (you can make up where she was found), she also had signs of a recent miscarriage. Tess and Kyle are married and they have three children and she is pregnant with their fourth. Kyle is the sheriff of the town they live in.

-- Michael is married to Maria, and was married to her when he and Liz had the affair. Michael is content to dropping little hints to Liz about their past, knowing that she doesn't remember. (But is he telling the entire truth? You can make that up.) Maria and Liz become friendly, which makes Liz wonder if Maria ever knew about the affair. Maria actually does, but she loves her husband so much, she is able to forgive his indiscretions. Maria and Michael don't have any children.

--- Michael is Max and Isabel's older brother, about five years old. He has never had a good relationship with Max, likes to make him feel inferior. Michael's mother died and their father got remarried quickly and had first Max, than Isabel. Isabel is married to Alex and they have a daughter.

If anyone's interested PM me.
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

#27 M/L AU w/ Aliens

This is AU but just slightly.

Max, Michael, and Isabel are still aliens.
All characters are the same.

--There was no shooting.
--No FBI or Sheriff Valenti Investigating Max.
--The Aliens never found the Key or the place in Marathon or Riverdog they are just as clueless about their past as they were before the shooting.
--Liz did dump Kyle when her grandmother died
--There was no sighting in Fraiser Woods
--Hubble never tried to shoot Max

Which brings us to the present.

--Liz wins the Radio Blind Date and answers all the questions the same except she says she wants a "Home town boy"
--The radio station sets her up with Max
--When the announcer prompts Max & Liz to kiss a connection forms and they each see all the defining moments the other's life
--What Liz sees includes Max coming out of the pods, Max falling in love with her in the third grade, Max, Michael, and Isabel making the rules pact, Max watching Liz and loving her from afar.
--When they get some privacy Liz questions Max about what she saw and he confirms that those were his memories and he isn't human.
--They decide to continue dating
--They don't let Michael or Isabel know that Liz knows the truth
--Michael and Isabel are upset and try and break Max and Liz up.
--Must have a dreamer ending.
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

#28 M/L AU w/ Aliens -- Taken by Skittles1983

Challenge text moved to:

viewtopic.php?p=541328#541328
Last edited by Zanity on Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.