Alternate Universe Challenges

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

dreamer19

Re: Alternate Universe Challenges

Post by dreamer19 »

#304. Taken by Jake17 :D

Max, Michael, Alex, Kyle and Jim Valenti all work as firefighters. The rest of the girls must be in the mix as well. Conventional couples.

Max and Liz are neighbors in the same apartment building. That's where the fire breaks out. Liz is trapped in the building. Max and Liz end up trapped when he tries to rescue her. During the small amount of time they have, they hold onto each other and Liz kisses Max telling him it was one thing she wouldn't have to regret not doing before they die. They both pass out from smoke or have some burn marks. Either way they both wake up alive and now both their lives have been thrown so far off balance. What happens after the fire and the sparks have died down?

Whatever rating you are comfortable with.
PM if interested. :D
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

305#

This is a very strange idea that just hit me.....yes I know I'm warped :oops: :lol:

AU All Human
M/L,M/M,A/I and K/T
Any Rating Is Fine

This is a Gilligan's Island/Roswell type story.

Max and Michael own a boat tour business out of some small coast town/Hawaii.While on a three hour tour they hit a storm and the group find they are shipwreacked on an island miles off course and no one knowing where they are.

Max....The Skipper
Michael....The firstmate
Kyle...millionare(former pro sports guy)
Tess....and his wife.
Isabel....the movie star
Alex....THe Professer
Liz....Mary Ann

Maria....is an open character...maybe someone who washes up on the island like happened many times on Gilligan's Island :lol:
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

306#TAKEN BY HUNTER

AU All Human
Any Rating Is Fine
M/L,M/M,A/I and K/T

Liz's mom died or ran off when she was very young.So Liz was raised by her father and older brother Michael.Not to mention Liz's best friends is Alex Whitman and Kyle Valenti.So her whole life Liz has been raised and spent her time around only men.So Liz is VERY tomboyish.So much to the point that she,her brother Michael,their dad,Alex and Jim and Kyle get together to watch sports event's like NFL Sunday with Liz cheering the most.

But that all changes when the Evans move to town.Alex starts to date Isabel Evans.This brings her brother Max into their small circle of friends.The longer Liz is around Max the more she starts to like him.But there's only one problem....Liz has no idea how to act like a lady to catch Max's attention.

So that's where Isabel,Maria...her brother's girlfriend and Tess....Kyle's girlfriend comes in.They take poor Liz under their wing and transform the dark haired tomboy into a real lady in order for her to catch Max's eye.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

307#

This challenge idea is mostly M/L and K/T.....you can add the others(A/I and M/M) if you wish.

AU ALL HUMAN
ANY RATING IS FINE

The gang are now all in high school.....or college...but it needs a school element to it.Max and Liz have been best friends since early childhood.They are so close that Max is the son the Parker's never had and the Evan's see Liz as a second daughter.But for a time now Max has been holding a secret from Liz.He's been in love with her for ages now.But sadly he can't bring himself to tell/show her.Not to mention the fact that Liz has been dating Kyle Valenti Mr Popular Sports Jock for some time now.

But when Kyle and Liz break up Max sees this as his chance.But until he can find a way to tell Liz his feelings he needs to find a way to make sure that she and Kyle don't make up and get back together.So that's where his cousin Tess comes in .Max talks to her and some how gets a very unwilling Tess to act like she's got an interest in Kyle and have her go after him.

I was thinking Tess is one of those brainaics from school...straight A's,honor student,into things like poetry,famous painters...that sort of thing..She'd normally look down her nose at jock types like Kyle.But the more time she spends with him the more that Tess finds a hidden depth in Kyle and really starts to like him.

Now with Kyle out of the way with Tess and as normal he being the one Liz turns to upset about the break up can Max build up the courage to finally tell his best friend about his feelings? And how will Kyle and Liz feel if....or should I say when :wink: .....the deal Max and Tess made comes to light? Will Kyle think Tess was only toying with him?.....how will Liz take the fact her best friend is in love with her?
Michelle17
Addicted Roswellian

Re:

Post by Michelle17 »

sprayadhesive wrote:#119

AU Without; M/L

This challenge is based on the novel Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (I highly suggest it for anyone who hasn't read it).

Liz moves from Roswell, NM to (small town in NE US, preferably on the coast) when her mother Nancy remarries a man. They, for whatever reason you wish, have to travel constantly, so Liz goes to Forks to live with her father, Jeff.

The town is cloudy, small town that gets minimal amounts of sunlight. At first, Liz hates the town, not accepting it for what it is. She wishes that it was more like Roswell, NM. She quickly becomes the target of many of the boys in her school, and makes friends with a group of people ( Alex, whomever you wish, so long as it's none of the below).

Her Biology partner, though, Max Evans, instantly draws her attention. And, coincidentially, he and his family are vampires.

Must have:
- The vampires in Forks are: Phillip (the fatherly figure; works at a hospital), Diane (the motherly figure), Tess & Kyle (mates; Tess is very aloof), Michael (Nicer than Kyle, yet still gruff. He can manipulate the emotions of those around him), and Isabel (can predict the future through dreams), and Max (can read mind [except Liz's] and heal people).
-The vampires CAN go out in sunlight, but under direct light, their skin sparkles and draws attention to them. This is why they live in such an overcast-prone city. On days when it is sunny, they don't go to school/work.
-The children all hold the facade of being teens, even though they are hundreds of years old. At school, they don't socialize with anyone but themselves and have excellent hearing, so much so that when they're speaking at lunch, no one can tell.
-Phillip is a doctor at the local hospital.
-None of the above vampires eat human blood. They've learned to 'hunt' for larger mammals, like bears. All of them (except Phillip and Diane) have the urge to drink human like their nature tells them to, but they manage to control their urges.
-Max finds himself drawn to the smell of Liz's blood. It's the sweetest thing he has ever smelled and it's a struggle for him to get through each Biology class without thinking of killing her for it.
-Max stays away until one day, somehow a car looses control in the school parking lot and almost smashes into Liz. Max uses his supernatural abilities to heal Liz enough to get her to the hospital.
-One thing leads to another and Max and Liz fall in love.
-Another group of vampires (that feast on human blood) comes to the town and one of the vampires makes it his goal to feast on Liz.

The story should be about Max and Liz trying to get through their species barrier and continue their love. Max hates that Liz is in love with him, and hates himself for loving Liz, because he believes that she should be able to love a normal human being. You decide if Liz ends up as a vampire or not. Backstory on how each became a vampire would be interesting, too.

You can decide if you want the other couples to be together, or if you even want Max and Liz to end up together or not.
I like this Challenge and I really want to take it. But I don't know

Special thanks too

claudialynn
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

308#
All Human
Any Rating Is Fine
M/L,M/M,A/I and K/T

Liz is a small town/country girl who has moved to the big city to start a new job.Liz is very family based girl so living alone away from her family is not something she likes to much.So when she first moved she got herself a big lab pup and has raised him to be part of her family and so she won't feel so alone.

Now the dog is full grown and Liz loves him to death.But sadly some how the dog gets out of Liz's apartment or away from her without her tags.Liz is VERY upset but no amount of looking can find the dog.

Some time later Max finds the dog on the street and hurt.Being a caring guy he takes the dog in and takes him to the vet.Max adopts the dog and takes him home with him.Even though the dog is happy Max can tell the dog misses someone very much.

Now the idea is that some how the dog brngs Max and Liz to one another.Maybe Max is taking the dog for a walk in the park and he spots Liz and takes off dragging Max behind him.....that sort of thing.

MUST HAVES

No evil or bitch Tess.....I have to put this in every Dreamer idea I come up with :roll:

Maria coming over to help Liz out and be there for her when the dog goes missing.

The dog can be of any sex you wish him/her to be.
behrstars
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by behrstars »

Au No aliens.
any rating

So I was watching wife swap the other day and I thought that maybe it would be a cool idea to see it in a Roswell fic.

Max and Tess are married with one or two children. Max would like to at least have another child or more but Tess refuses to have any more children. Shes afraid that she won't be able to lose the baby weight. They have a maid and a nanny for their children, because Tess dosen't want to have to spend all her time cooking, cleaning and taking care of her children. When Max is home he takes a more active role with the kids. Hes a successful lawyer and Tess is a house wife. She is very superficial and Max is more the layed back type of guy. He loves to play sports with his friends and Tess dosen't do anything that might make her look less than perfect.

Liz and Kyle are married with five kids. Liz would like to have at least one more but Kyle says no. Liz is a high school science teacher who works and then goes and picks her kids up at daycare. She goes home and does all the chores and takes care of her kids. Kyle is also a lawyer. He comes home and works all night. He dosen't bother with his kids. Basically he and Liz have an agreement that he would let her have kids as long as she takes care of them. He feels he has no time for kids.

Liz and Tess swap lives.

Liz has a really hard time sitting back and watching the maid and nanny take care of things. The only thing that she likes is the fact that Max takes a role in his kids lives. When Liz changes the rules she gets rid of the maid and the nanny. She spends her day taking care of the kids and cleaning the house. Max and her spend a lot of time with his kids. They have a family outting. This is the first time that Max is able to just take his kids out and have fun.

Tess is having a hard time adusting to Lizs lifestyle. She hates that she has to work and she just dosen't like taking care of the kids. And she hates cleaning. When she changes the rules she hires a maid and a nanny. She tells Kyle that they have to spend time outside the home without kids.

Max and Liz find an attraction to each other. Liz loves the fact that Max is good with his kids and feels envious. All she ever wanted from Kyle is that he be a good dad. He dosen't even take the time to get to know them. Max loves that Liz takes an active role in the kids lives. He loves that she takes care of the kids and isn't afraid to get dirty.

Kyle and Tess also take an attraction to each other. Kyle likes Tess because she looks like a trophy wife. She always looks perfect and he thinks that its great that everyone is envious of him. Also he thinks that its great that his kids have a nanny. They don't nag him to spend time with his kids. He wishes that he didn't have kids. He isn't first anymore. Tess likes Kyle because he focuses all his attention on her. They go out to parties and he isn't playing the doting father.

They switch back. During their face to face they talk about the things that were different in both of their lives. Liz gets angry with Tess and Kyle for basically neglecting her kids. Kyle says that hes going to keep the nanny. Liz is pissed. Tess tells Max that she thinks he spends way to much time with the kids. That he dosen't do enough with her. Max is pissed because Tess is so selfish.

Liz and Kyle end up getting a divorce. He dosen't want anything to do with the kids so he agrees to pay child support on the grounds that he dosen't have to get them. Clearly Liz is upset but realizes that the only difference now is that Kyle dosen't live with them anymore.

Max and Tess get a divorce. She dosen't want her kids and so she dosen't have to pay child support she signs away her rights. Although Max is upset that his marriage failed he dosen't miss Tess and he thinks that him and the kids are better off. He gets rid of the maid and nanny and takes care of his kids and home with the help of his friends and family.

Eventually Max and Liz meet again. I was thinking that maybe while she was at Maxs that her, Maria and Isabel became good friends. Max and Liz start to date. Liz takes care of Maxs kids like they are her own and Max does the same for hers. They end up getting married and have kids of their own.

Kyle and Tess hook up.

Must haves...
Maxs kids getting Liz muddy and Max is waiting for Liz to get mad but instead she and the kids end up rolling around in the mud.
There should be a picnic with Max and his friends and family where Liz ends up being liked and her liking everyone. While there she plays football with the guys in the rain and her and Max have a moment. I'm thinking he tackles her they slip and fall in the mud she lands on top of him and hes holding her... something like that.
After Max and Liz get married Kyle signs away his rights.

Any questions just pm me.
SpiderGirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SpiderGirl »

Au Without Aliens: Mature Rating

Max, Michael and Isabel were abandoned in the desert when they were children. Max and Isabel got adopted by the Evans's while Michael lives with Hank. othing in the show happened. A woman called Katherine comes to town following clues about two kids who were adopted; she's looking to find her children who were kidnapped when they were just five years old. She sees Max and Isabel and is convinced that they're two of her three missing children. She is so happy that she thinks she's finally found them and wishes that she could find her other little boy. Max and Isabel want to stay with the Evans and Katherine get's ready to leave heartbroken that they don't want her and she never found her youngest son Adam.
She visits to say goodbye the next day and Michael comes down into the kitchen after spending the night on Max's floor to avoid his foster father. Katherine recognises him as her other little boy. Max and Isabel may not need her but Michael does and so she battles to get custody of him. She get's custody of him and tells him that she's taking him home but he realises that he doesn't want to leave. He wants to stay with his brother and sister and all their friends... she gives in and tells him that he can stay here and she'll go home, pack her things up and come to live in Roswell. Michael moves in the Evans while she's gone.

She comes back ready to start her new life with one of her long lost children when Michael receives an official looking letter saying that the tests were contaminated and inconclusive. Unaware that the letter is off Hank trying to get Michael back so he can get the money Michael shouts at Katherine when she returns blaming her for getting his hopes up and lying to him. He runs off into the arms of Maria and he tells her everything.

Hank thinks that he's managed to scare off Katherine for good but she's more determined than ever to have her son back. Max and Isabel believe that Michael is their brother but Katherine receives about her other missing boy and little girl. They were sold off to bad people who used them in adult videos then killed them. This adds to her determination and she goes head to head with Hank demanding to have custody; he attacks her and almost kills her but Michael comes in and saves the day. Hank's lies and abuse get's discovered and Katherine wins the rights to Michael's custody altogether and they move into a house together in Roswell and live happily ever after.

All the couples should be conventional; Max and Liz, Alex and Isabel, Michael and Maria etc. Heavily focusing on the Candy M&Ms.

Spidey
x
"Would it be okay if I ride home with you after school?"
"Sure you can ride me home... I mean ride you home..." he trailed off feeling deeply embarrassed
"I'd like that" she said feeling unlike herself, he grinned and they began working although not really paying attention. - Max & Liz in Where I Follow.
My Roswell Music Videos
My Published Works So Far
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

311#
This can be AU all Human,it can be AU with aliens or it can be CC it's up too you.
Any rating is fine.
M/L,M/M,A/I and K/T

It's homecoming time at Roswell Hight...or whatever school you want to set the story at.

Although many of young ladies has put their name in the hat EVERYONE at school already knows who the winner is going to be......Isabel Evans.Now this doesen't sit too well with Maria.She doesen't like the fact that Isabel can just walk in and get whatever she wants while at school.She WANTS a contest....so she has to find someone's name to put into the hat that could give Isabel a run for her money for the crown.

But who?

Tess....well Tess is very pretty and could give Isabel a run in the looks department...but sadly no.Tess is just too new to the school.She either doesen't have the clout yet to take the votes away from Isabel or the fact that she hasn't been enrolled in the school long enough to run.So Tess is out.

Pam Troy....uh no! This is a homecoming queen race not a slut contest!

Herself....Hahahaha Maria can't help but to laugh her butt off at the thought of entering herself.No way in hell!

Liz..Liz?....hey now there's a good idea!

Now guess Liz's shock when she finds out that Maria has entered her into the race for homecoming queen! She lets Maria have it....but guess their shock when Liz starts to gather a nice backing of the school.....nerds,brains and a few jocks who knew her when she was dating Kyle.

Now guess Isabel's shock when she finds out LIz is in the race! At first Isabel is not too worried....I mean come on she's..ISABEL EVANS...Queen Bee at Roswell High.But when she notices her lead slipping and how many people start to back Liz she starts to get worried and playing hard ball.

Soon the contest comes down to a simple vote.....Isabel or Liz

Now here's where the fun comes in....what about the guys....well they're trapped in the middle!

Max....Isabel's brother but he's also dating Liz! Which side is he going to be on? Who is he going to piss off the most by not being on their side.Maybe he won't pick a side and piss them BOTH off!

Why is Max so important....Max is the average joe...the middle man that the people at the school who are not popular..but not yet nerds will follow.He can sway many votes by who he pulls for.

Alex....Isabel's boyfriend but also Liz's best friend.He has Isabel purring in one ear for his support while Maria is screaming in his other teliing him how he's Liz's best pal and how he should be helping her not Isabel!

Why is Alex so important....Alex brings in the nerd/brain votes.That is his crowd and the fact he's been able to get Isabel Evans to date him has made him a hero to them.So they'll vote as he does.

Kyle....is Liz's ex and still her friend....but his girlfriend Tess is Isabel's second in command and is strong in her camp.Tess uses all her girlfriend powers to help gain Kyle to their side.But Kyle is also Maria's stepbrother and has to live with her and her pleading to join their camp.Not to mention the 'Elect Liz for homecoming' HQ is located in their home making Kyle around it all the time.(Now is Tess living with the Valenti's or does she have her own AU family and house some where else? Well that is up to you to decide. :wink: )

Why is Kyle so important....Kyle is the popular guy..the jock...the guy who's action is watched closely at the school and echoed in order to also look cool.His vote could sway the popular crowd to one side.

Michael....might as well be a brother to Isabel.They are very close...but he's dating Maria as we know is the one running Liz's show.Which female will Michael piss off....his girlfriend with the bad temper....or...his 'sister'....with the bad temper.Which ever way he can't win.

Why is Michael so important.....well Michael has the rebel vote.The outcast,the rockers and head bangers.They all look up to Michael and will follow his lead and back whomever he thinks is best.

MUST HAVES

When Isabel finds out Liz is in the race she has a face off with Liz and Maria.Isabel doesen't handle it too well and comes off looking stuck up and sure of herself...which pisses Liz and Maria off.

The guys having a meeting trying to find the best and least painful way for them to get out of this jam they are now in.
Whimsicality
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Whimsicality »

This is an idea I've been toying with and just do not have time to write but really want to read so hopefully someone picks this up.
The Whipping Child
AU w/Aliens
Mature or Adult
Preferably UC pairings, especially for Max, Michael, Liz, and Maria but if you can make me like CC pairings give it a shot

When Tess was young, somewhere between 8-12 Nasedo realized that as she devloped her own personality he needed a way to control her. Due to the strictures placed on the Protectors he is unable to harm her physically or punish her in any way that can cause physical harm so he decides to kidnap a human child to serve two purposes. First that as Tess has shown entirely too much human compassion seeing this child punished for her misbehavior should cause her to obey his orders without question and that secondly it will hopefully serve to further remove from her all human emotions. I would prefer the child to be Liz, Alex, or Kyle. NO Maria though. This is a mature fic so the punishments while not too graphic should show Nasedo's inhuman side and demonstrate physical pain and suffering to the human child. Tess and the child should become friends and/or romantically involved as time progresses, which one is entirely up to the author. Also due to Nasedo's abuse of the child she/he develops powers which Tess trains she/he to use and hides from Nasedo.

Nasedo's plan works at first and seeing someone else punished for her actions does increase Tess's obedience. However unknown to Nasedo in secret she begins to plot rebellion, realizing that if the choice is between her alien side and Nasedo or her human side and this child she would rather be human. Nasedo still has the deal for her to get pregant and betray the rest of the royal four but right before they are due to go to Roswell Tess escapes and takes the human with her.

She goes to Roswell intending to inform the others of Nasedo's betrayal and seek their protection, whether she arrives before Nasedo or Nasedo arrives before her is up to the author as well as the plot from there although I do want it to eventually have a happy ending and Tess and the human to be accepted as part of the group. Also as stated above I would prefer this to be UC pairings and if you feel the need for main character death I am ok with that as well although I would prefer it to not be Tess, Liz, Alex, or Michael and it cannot be whatever human is the whipping child. I really like the title but if you want to change that that's ok too.

Whimsicality's Fics

There was nothing more she wanted to do than crawl back into bed, wrap herself in Michael, and spend the day trading kisses and learning what made him sigh, what made his breath catch, what made him purr in the back of his throat. - Liz in Hunted by Ashita

Polar Attraction - Not just for Polarists...