Alternate Universe Challenges

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

124# Taken by helen_roswellfan23
Last edited by killjoy on Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
natalie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by natalie »

I replied to the Book Review forum and thought maybe a challenge could come out of it. It'll be like Daring to Dream by Nora Roberts.

Max and Liz coupling. Aliens or not, doesn't matter, though, it'll be really interesting how you'll fit aliens in.

The story goes as this:

Liz is the daughter of Nancy Parker who works as a maid for the Evans family: Diane, Phillip, Max and Isabel. Growing up, Liz has always felt not good enough to be around Max and Isabel (though they've never intentionally made her feel that way) because she's only the daughter of the maid. Though the Evans treats her like one of the family, Liz is always trying to step above her station and prove herself to everyone. Maria is Max and Isabel's cousin who ends up living with the family as well because her parents died in a car crash. So the three girls end up being the best of friends.

For some reason, because she finds Max to be spoiled and handed everything on a silver platter to him... Liz is wanting to prove herself most to Max. And she also happens to find him attractive. They are about four years apart.

At eighteen, Isabel marries Jessie who is to work with Phillip. She is really in love... though, for Jessie, it's more of a what this marriage can do for his career type thing. No one approves of the marriage, but because they love Isabel and they want her to be happy, no one does anything about it. By this time, Liz finds herself ready to persue her own avenues. Maria has gotten a record contract, Isabel is getting married, and Max is off in college... she feels like she's got nothing going for herself. So she decides she's going to try acting and modeling.

She's talented in drama and she makes it big until a scandal hits the tabloids where she has to come back home. Max eventually saves her and they find out that Liz, even with all her huge paychecks will soon be broke.

She ends up trying to sell all her remaining assets: jewelry, apartment, clothes... and comes up with the idea of keeping a shop. Isabel and Maria invest in it as well. By this time, Isabel caught Jessie with another woman. Isabel may have kids or not, depending on the author. Anyways, they struggle trying to make it work through Liz's scandal. And they get great first day sales... and her high school rival, Pam Troy boycotts the place because the three girls played a dirty trick on her (whatever it may be). The sales start to drop and to promote the shop, Maria sets up a benefit to showcase the shop, her music and charity.

During this whole time, Max finally declares to Liz that he's always been attracted to her and wants something more than just a friendship. However, due to the scandal, Liz is hesitant to get involved with another man so quickly. Max does things that slowly win Liz over. So at this benefit... Liz finally goes to Max to celebrate the success. Of course, they end up in bed. It's got to be hot and passion... but please... not graphic.

And well, the rest is history. You can end it anyway you may please. But as for the novel, Max and Liz would end up having a fight over Liz's infidelity (misunderstanding by Max). And he'd leave and they're both miserable until Isabel and Maria make them get together and talk. In the end, Liz wants to buy a house and asks Max to buy it for her. He thinks she's being selfish, but then she cuts him off, "I want to marry you. And I want us to move into this house together."

Again, the rest is history. If I wasn't working on a story already, I would love to write this. But PM me if you'd like to take this challenge. Thanks! :)
Last edited by natalie on Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aliensister
Addicted Roswellian

Post by aliensister »

AU w/out Aliens
M/L, with minor M/M and A/I if you want but I love if you would.

Spider (Liz) and Tiger (Maria) and Snake (Alex) are Animal Assassins. They get their names by the way they kill. Alex is sneaky like a snake, Maria hunts like a tiger and Liz plays with her targets and traps them before she kills them.

Alex’s passion is the equipment (technical, cameras, guns, etc.) he makes for himself and the girls. His gadgets are one of the reasons Animal Assassins are the most sought after assassins. Maria loves the chase, she lives for the hunt. Once she sets her target, she won’t stop till her target lies dead in front of her but Maria is cursed a conscience and doesn’t kill for the money although she never says no to the money (as she loves the expensive side of life), she kills for the thrills and always checks the backgrounds of her targets before taking a case. Liz is known to a callous and very mean, she kills for the money at least that’s what everyone thinks, except Maria and Alex who know the truth. Liz’s father was rich and when Liz was 17 she got pregnant but people where out to ruin her father and in the last month of Liz’s pregnancy she was shot and lost the baby and her father was also killed. Now Liz likes to pretend she has no feelings but she still has a scar on her abdomen from the gun shot wound.

*You can decide how Alex, Maria and Liz met whether they all knew each other as kids or met after Liz’s family died.

One day Michael Guerin and Isabel Evans (their brother and sister and very wealthy) arrange a meeting with the AA (only Alex and Maria meet them for whatever reason you choose) to hire them to assassinate who ever is trying to assassinate their brother Max and his two children Zan and Ava both under the age of four.

The Assassin is after the Harding line and has already killed Max’s wife Tess, leaving Max the benefactor of the Harding money and his children next in line so they are all targets. Maria and Alex take the case and decide that Liz will take Max and the kids to the middle of no where (a rainforest preferably, I’m not sure why I just think it sound cool) and hide them while Maria and Alex hunt the assassins. She is very awkward around the kids as they make her think of the baby she lost.

*Liz has to be adamant about no doing it but ends up doing it anyway.
*Max has to be grieving but through the course of the story connect with Liz and fall her and vice versa.
*It has to have a happy ending but lots of conflict for Liz and she has to lash out at people.
* It’s up to you what you name it 

PM me if you’re interested, I would really love to see this done…
For Tess in Roswell Revisited
Turn Off The Light
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

#128 AU w/ Aliens CC

What if it were Max that were raised by Nasedo instead of Tess? What if Max were raised to believe he was the reincarnation of King Zan and his destiny was to save his people?

Max is powerful, confident, even arrogant and egotistical. And he has been waiting 10 years to be reunited with his queen. So why is it that now that he's in Roswell and she's at his fingertips that all he can think about is the dark haired human girl Liz Parker.

Ok in this time line Tess was raised as Isabel's sister, and there was never a shooting so none of the humans are in on the Alien secret. Liz did break up with Kyle when grandmother died, but Kyle's still interested.

When Max shows up the attraction between Max and Liz is mutual, but they don't get together right away.... Max upbringing on destiny is still their but he has less and less faith in it as time goes on.

Can Liz help him overcome them? and in the process help him to find his humanity?
tequathisy
Addicted Roswellian

Post by tequathisy »

Zanity wrote:#128 AU w/ Aliens CC

What if it were Max that were raised by Nasedo instead of Tess? What if Max were raised to believe he was the reincarnation of King Zan and his destiny was to save his people?

Max is powerful, confident, even arrogant and egotistical. And he has been waiting 10 years to be reunited with his queen. So why is it that now that he's in Roswell and she's at his fingertips that all he can think about is the dark haired human girl Liz Parker.

Ok in this time line Tess was raised as Isabel's sister, and there was never a shooting so none of the humans are in on the Alien secret. Liz did break up with Kyle when grandmother died, but Kyle's still interested.

When Max shows up the attraction between Max and Liz is mutual, but they don't get together right away.... Max upbringing on destiny is still their but he has less and less faith in it as time goes on.

Can Liz help him overcome them? and in the process help him to find his humanity?
LOL, read the very first challenge on this thread. Great minds think alike.
Banner by Evelyn
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

That is too funny. Especially considering just last night I was wondering if that exact type of fic existed. :lol:
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

lol... oops... O guess I should re-read the challenge thread before posting challenges in the future.

In that case I hope somebody takes Challenge #1 as either challenge will satisfy my desire for the fic.
dreamon
Addicted Roswellian

Post by dreamon »

#129 taken by To_Kiss_A_Frog
Last edited by dreamon on Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tequathisy
Addicted Roswellian

Post by tequathisy »

Zanity wrote:lol... oops... O guess I should re-read the challenge thread before posting challenges in the future.

In that case I hope somebody takes Challenge #1 as either challenge will satisfy my desire for the fic.
funnily enough my challenge has just been taken. look out for a fic by ladylydia.
Banner by Evelyn
To_Kiss_A_Frog
Addicted Roswellian

Post by To_Kiss_A_Frog »

dreamon wrote:#129 AU W/O Aliens CC
Max is the only child of a billionaire

His mother died when he was 2 and his father has never given him the time of day

He was taken care by the numerous nannies and sent to the best boarding schools for males only

He saw his father once a year

He doesn’t know what love is

He’s never had a girlfriend or anything

He’s best friend w/Michael Guerin who also attends the same prep school as he does – he’s the closest thing to a family that Max has. He spends his holidays w/the Guerins, etc.

Max has basically lived a sheltered life, he doesn’t watch tv, listen to music or anything of that sort. Instead, he studies and plays sports for the school’s team

Liz is Maria’s best friend (Maria’s dating Michael) – shes also rich

Liz is a party girl who just likes to have fun

She and Max obviously cross paths, for Max its love at first sight

Yet, he’s extremely nervous around her, and with no experience w/the opposite sex he makes a fool out of himself in front of her. He’s just an inexperienced guy who doesn’t know how to approach women, etc. He doesn’t think he can compete w/all the other guys who are after her and with whom she socializes with.

She thinks he’s cute and what not

They have to get together

I want this to be M/L centered w/a mix of all the other couples. I don’t care if it has angst in it or not (I personally wouldn’t mind cause I love angsty fics :wink: ). The rest is up to you, but it has to have a happy dreamer ending
I'd like to take this challenge. I definitely cannot even think about posting it right away because of my other WIP but I've been so blocked lately that I think it'll do me good to try working on a new story.

Do you mind if I still take it anyway?

-Cyn-
<center>Image