Conventional/Canon Challenges

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Daydreambeliever
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Daydreambeliever »

I was listening to this song and thought that it was great for Roswell.

PATTY GRIFFIN LYRICS

"Not Alone"

She sees him laying in the bed alone tonight
The only thing a touching him is a crack of light
Pieces of her hair are wrapped around and 'round his fingers
And he reaches for her side, for any sign of her that lingers

And she says you are not alone
Laying in the light
Put out the fire in your head
And lay with me tonight

One of them bullets went straight for the jugular vein
There were people running , a flash of light
Then everything changed
Nothing really matters in the end you know
All the worrys sever
Don't be afraid for me my friend, one day we all fall down forever

She says you are not alone
Laying in the light
And lay with me tonight

The wedding date was June just like any other bride
She loved him like no one before and it was good to be alive
But sometimes that can slip away as fast
As any fingers through your hands
So you let time forgive the past and go and make some other plans

You are not alone
Laying in the light
And lay with me tonight
You are not alone
Laying in the light
And lay with me tonight

my idea is that this comes in sometime after alex's death. Im picturing Liz singing it at Alex's grave and the pod squad or any member hearing her. I

I just think its a great song to be used for fanfic and the lyrics are perfect.
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

#14 M/L -- Taken by Christmasnazi

Challenge text moved to:

viewtopic.php?p=645349#645349
Last edited by Zanity on Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reality Bites
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Reality Bites »

Zanity wrote:#2 M/L Mi/Ma A/I ?/?

--At the end of departure Max runs after Liz
--He takes her to Riverdog's Cave to talk privately
--When they get there they find Riverdog and Nasedo (the Hispanic looking shapeshifter we saw through "Sexual Healing") having a conversation
--Nasedo tells them that Tess and Ed Harding are impostors
--The Mom-o-gram was a mindwarp
--While there is a fourth alien that's supposed to be in their group it's Michael's sister not Max's wife
--Only one of the orbs is even partially activated as there are four orbs each encoded to activate as one of the "Royal Four" begins bonding with their destined human mate
--The orb that's theirs will glow when they are both touching it
--Their orb will become fully active when they complete their bonding by consummating their relationship in its presence
--The human in each couple will receive powers of their own during the final stage of the bonding
--Once the orb is fully activated it can be used by the couple it's encoded for to learn what all their powers are and how to use them as well as learn all about the aliens home world
--Nasedo asks them to return the inactive orb to him so he can hide it allowing the human mate of whoever it's encoded for to lead them to it at the proper time
--Nasedo has a connection to the Royal Four that allows him to sense when their in danger
--When they begin the bonding the connection expands to include their mates
--Nasedo informs them that he doesn't know where Michael's sister is but she is not currently in danger and she has not begun her bonding
--The Royal Four was sent to Earth in an attempt to unite the two planets but the enemy faction hates humans and wishes to stop them.
--The fourth pairing in this fic is Michael's sister and her human mate (when I first thought of this fic I thought they would be Serena and Kyle but the more I thought about it the more I thought one or both of the characters should be original but do as you like)
--Ending must have all four completed bondings as well as having dealt with Tess and Ed
I'd like to put claims on this story, if no one objects. :D
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

No objection from me. Have fun with it.
Reality Bites
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Reality Bites »

Zanity wrote:No objection from me. Have fun with it.
Cool, thanks! ;)
xmag
Addicted Roswellian

Post by xmag »

Challenge 15 : M/M + others (if you want)

CC, post Crash. Michael and Maria are getting closer but aren't together. Maria is contacted by a private investigator, who gives her the adress or a young woman who wants to talk to her. That woman is interested in Gabriel Deluca's paintings (Maria's father).

Maria's father was a painter but he left without a trace. Maria decides to go to LA to talk to that woman and Michael invites himself, to protect her.

This fic is based on the idea that there's a mystery around Maria's father disappearance (nothing to do with aliens, though). So Michael and Maria, along with that new woman (and maybe other members of the gang), investigate to discover what happened to Gabriel Deluca.

I have an outline for that fic so if you are interested, pm me.

Michael : From day one, I knew you were the girl for me, I never wanted anyone else.
Shiesty23
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Shiesty23 »

TAKEN

This challenge shares the same plot as challenge #21 on the UC challenge thread. These two stories can stand alone...so no pressure about taking on both if you just want to take on one

<center>Challenge
Couples: Dreamer and Candy
</center>

On the night of Graduation, the FBI snipers had their orders to eliminate the "alien" targets. If any civilians get killed during this mission, their deaths would be explained away and their surviving loved ones would be aptly compensated for their loss.

So when the Gang fled from the gymnasium in the cover of darkness caused by Max, the snipers open fired into the crowd, in hopes of killing them. Tragically, a lot of innocent people were hurt and some lost their lives....but our gang managed to get away....

Meeting in the desert, Max, Liz, Maria and Michael, fear that the missing Isabel and Kyle have been captured....or worse....killed.

Fearing that they too will soon suffer the same fate, Valenti promises to find out and convinces them to go on without their friends. The teens quickly say their good byes and flee....not knowing if they will see their family or Roswell again....

The FBI quickly discovers that their targets have indeed escaped....so they deploy their new special unit called, Sector X....to hunt them down.

Fronting this new unit, are two men who are so evil....so cold, they would make Kivar and Pierce seem timid.

Special Agent Starks and Falk would like more than to eradicate them all by any means necessary...and unfortunately for our gang, they have permission to do just that.....

<center>(Facts you must know)</center>

-Max, Liz, Michael and Maria NEVER find out if Isabel and Kyle are alive in this story.

-Jessie, Mr. Evans and Mrs. Parker were tragically killed when a sniper tried to kill Isabel who was sitting by them. Amy was badly wounded....It is up to you to figure out how the couples find this out while on the run.

-You MUST get in touch with your dark side when writing Agent Starks who is appointed to hunt them down....The man is evil . I want to read just how bad you can make this guy.

- Other than the requirements above.....you can do what ya like with this story....take the two couples through hell and back....I don't care....just have fun with it.

-IF you decide to take on UC Challenge #21 on the Unconventional Challenge thread as well...you don't have to go with the first requirement....

SHI
Last edited by Shiesty23 on Tue May 30, 2006 4:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

#17 My Best Friend's Wedding/The Wedding Planner/Stargazing Challenge.

I don't know if this has been done or mentioned, but oh well here you go.

Alex and Isabel have been best friends for ages. So when Alex announces that he's coming back to Roswell with a surprise, Isabel is first in line to see what it is. But she's shocked to the core when she realizes the surprise is not a WHAT but a WHO. A very beautiful who that Alex announces is his fiancee and that they're getting married.

And to make matters worse the new girl has heard from Alex what a great planner Isabel(I.E...the Christmas Nazi) is so she asks Isabel to plan her and Alex's entire wedding!

Now too late Isabel realizes she's in love with Alex and so she must now find a way to break up the happy couple and get her Alex back.

Can be a with aliens or everyone is human story.

Alex could have had feelings for Isabel earlier and moved on OR never had them for her at all until the story.

Rating can be whatever you feel comfortable with.

All other couples are together,M/L,M/M and K/T

Must be mentioned why Alex was gone for at least 8 months to 1 year. (School, work or whatever is up to you)[/b]
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

#18 Taken by Skittles
Last edited by nibbles2 on Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Sternbetrachter »

#17 and #18 sound like fun - I hope someone writes them or at least one of them :)
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics