Conventional/Canon Challenges

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

ISLANDGIRL5
Forum Moderator

Conventional/Canon Challenges

Post by ISLANDGIRL5 »

Before posting a challenge in this thread, please read the Challenge Rules and Guidelines.
viewtopic.php?t=13185

What belongs in this thread: Challenges for stories that pick up where the show left off, or something that picks up after a certain episode. General rule of thumb, same as the fanfic forums…if Max healed Liz in the Crashdown in September of 99, then your challenge belongs here. CC couples only, meaning Max/Liz, Maria/Michael, Tess/Kyle, and Alex/Isabel or Jesse/Isabel. Example: A challenge for a story where Future Max gets Liz pregnant, and how the characters deal with this.

Don't forget to number your challenges, in order with the last challenge posted before yours.

Happy Challenging!
I once heard that dust is made up of human skin cells. If that's true, I think there's a naked man under my bed!
tequathisy
Addicted Roswellian

Post by tequathisy »

Taken by christmasnazi
Last edited by tequathisy on Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Banner by Evelyn
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

#2 M/L Mi/Ma A/I ?/? -- Taken by Reality Bites

Challenge text moved to:

viewtopic.php?p=526537#526537
Last edited by Zanity on Tue May 16, 2006 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

#3 M/L Mi/Ma I/A

--Max chases after Liz at the end of "Destiny" and convinces her to run away with him
--Max breaks into the school and steals their transcripts
--Max and Liz go to Boston where Max buys a king sized bag of charcoal and turns it into a king sized bag of diamonds
--Max sells the diamonds and puts the money in a trust fund
--Max uses his powers to change his age on his ID and uses the trust fund to buy him and Liz a modest house and arranges it so that the trust fund would pay the monthly bills
--Max makes a few alterations to his and Liz's transcripts and breaks in and plants them in the local high school so they will be enrolled there when junior year starts
--Liz finds out she's developing powers when she reaches for something and it flies to her
--Max and Liz spend the summer cementing their relationship and practicing their powers
--They both learn that scanning thing Tess was talking about and use it to make school really easy
--At Liz's suggestion Max gives up on trying to be invisible and starts participating in extra curriculars
--Max proposes to Liz the night of their Senior Prom
--As graduation approaches they find out Liz is Valedictorian and Max is Salutatorian
--Max and Liz have both earned full scholarships to Harvard
--Max and Liz decide it's time to let their friends and family back into their lives for Graduation and the Wedding they want to have in the summer so they each send a package to their parents

Meanwhile Back in Roswell Seasons 2 and 3 unfold much as they did on the show

--Tess still gets kidnapped and rescued
--Nasedo still dies
--The gang still goes to Copper Summit
--Courtney still helps destroy the new husks
--Tess still fries the skins with the big fireball
--Nobody can find Max so the New York Summit never happens
--Max never meets Brody or the guy saving his daughter and consequently never saves the cancer patients
--Isabel still gets the dreams about the Dupree girl
--They still destroy the queen
--The Sheriff still loses his job over it
--Tess still forces Alex to translate the book
--Because Max isn't around Tess uses less power in the mindwarp and Alex goes into a coma instead of dying
--Tess gets pregnant by Kyle but since Max is the only one who can activate the Granolith she leaves earth another way
--Isabel graduates early and spends all her time with Alex in the hospital
--She takes correspondence courses to become an RN and never meets Jesse
--Metachem knows nothing about Michael since he was never on a security cam in Phoenix
--Maria still goes on her music stint but returns to Roswell instead of Virginia when it's over
--Phillip Evans never starts investigating his kids because there never is a convience store robbery
--So Isabel is never filmed using her powers

--This is when twin packages arrive at the Parkers' and the Evans' each containing a hand written not from their kid that says:

Dear Mom & Dad,

I'm sorry about running away like I did, but if you can find it in your hearts to forgive me and still wish to be a part of my life you'll know what to do with the contents of this package.

--The package to the Parkers contains travel arrangements for four including lodging and plane tickets in the names of Jeff and Nancy Parker, Maria Deluca, and Alex Whitman and four tickets to the high school graduation
--The package to the Evans contains travel arrangements for four including lodging and plane tickets in the names of Philip and Dianne Evans, Isabel Evans and Michael Guerin and four tickets to the high school graduation

--The whole gang including Parents decide to go as minus Alex who is still in a coma (Isabel already graduated and Michael won't and Maria decided she'd get her diploma absentee as reuniting with Liz was more important)
--Thus everyone except the Jim and Kyle are out of town when Tess comes back and does her mass killing and blow up the base trick
--Kyle ends up with his son and the special unit comes back full force only they have no clue who the aliens are.
--Back in Boston everyone shows up to see the graduation but no one gets to speak to Max or Liz until it's over
--After the graduation reception they all go back to Max and Liz's house to catch up
--Isabel gets Max to come back to Roswell long enough to heal Alex and Max cautions her that Alex will develop powers and will need to be trained how to use them
--Max and Liz get married in Boston with friends and family present
--The special unit takes Kyle's son when he uses his powers at pre-school
--The rest of the gang goes in to rescue him but exposes themselves to the special unit in the process
--Ending must include the special unit being dismantled once and for all
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

#4 M/L -- Taken by maxandlizforever

Challenge text moved to:

viewtopic.php?p=512319#512319
Last edited by Zanity on Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
xmag
Addicted Roswellian

Post by xmag »

# 5 : Rath fic (original Rath)

The blue stone

Ship : complicated, it's more a fic about antarian Rath (in the past) and his quest. If there are couples, CC. But it's more of a character fic, than a ship fic. Not a love story fic, since M/M and M/L are together.

Post-graduation fic

Summary : While on the run, Michael discovers in his motel room, a necklace, with a blue stone as a pendant. Despite Maria’s warnings, he can’t help touching it, this necklace just has him mesmerized. Sooner after, the dreams of Antar begin.

Michael starts remembering his past life as Rath, and realizes that Tess didn’t tell them the truth.

Must have :

- scenes taking place on Antar and on Earth, like in the Lost flashbacks if you want

There's a whole story that I have in mind concerning Antar, the royals, the antarian society so if you are interested, pm me.
Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

xmag wrote:# 5 : Rath fic (original Rath)

The blue stone

Ship : complicated, it's more a fic about antarian Rath (in the past) and his quest. If there are couples, CC. But it's more of a character fic, than a ship fic. Not a love story fic, since M/M and M/L are together.

Post-graduation fic

Summary : While on the run, Michael discovers in his motel room, a necklace, with a blue stone as a pendant. Despite Maria’s warnings, he can’t help touching it, this necklace just has him mesmerized. Sooner after, the dreams of Antar begin.

Michael starts remembering his past life as Rath, and realizes that Tess didn’t tell them the truth.

Must have :

- scenes taking place on Antar and on Earth, like in the Lost flashbacks if you want

There's a whole story that I have in mind concerning Antar, the royals, the antarian society so if you are interested, pm me.
Interesting. But if the blue stone hatches into a little baby dragon, that might be going too far. ;) (That's an 'eragon' reference.)
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

xmag
Addicted Roswellian

Post by xmag »

Chrisken - I sent you a pm :) .
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

#6 You Broke It, You Fix It (M/L) Taken by Christmasnazi

Challenge text moved to:

viewtopic.php?p=501148#501148
Last edited by Zanity on Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bubblegal
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my own little head where Roswell is still on and Max and Liz were never apart.

Post by Bubblegal »

I hope someone will take up #6, i would love to see what happens after that!
Dani's fics

"I have an irrational fear of Pingu the Penguin, it's not the plasticine that scares me, its the beak that's the abomination." Me to my friend.

'Found the Cosmos Maiden, she's a few stars short of a galaxy.' Rush Sykes - The Last Remnant