Conventional/Canon Challenges

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Conventional/Canon Challenges

Post by killjoy »

84#

CC
Any rating you want is fine

M/L,M/M,A/I and K/T

What if when Future Max came back his mission was not to break up Liz and his past self? No what if his mission was to get Liz to help him play matchmaker with the other three relationships? His job is too get Liz to help him get Maria/Michael,Alex/Isabel and Kyle/Tess to fall in love with one another in order for everyone to be there when the Four Square is needed.

Liz of course agrees and with the aid of Future Max is running all around town playing match maker.The current Max is puzzled why Liz is never around and staying away from him.He does his best to follow her around town trying to figure out what the hell Liz is up too.Of course Liz and Future Max must keep on their toes and stay away from him the whole time....or at least keep Future Max from beeing seen by Present Max or anyone else.

SLIGHT DIFFERENCE THAN WHAT WAS ON THE SHOW
Alex didn't go to Sweden...maybe Isabel pitched a fit over him being gone...so he didn't go.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

85#

What if when Tess and Kyle were talking about trimming some lamps they had not been interrupted? What if after sleeping with one another Tess finds out she's pregnant? How would that change what happened later on the show?

How would this new life growing inside her change Tess's thoughts on the whole Destiny/Max thing? How will becoming a dad change Kyle?

MUST HAVEs

Tess having a very strange food craving...even more strange than the normal hybrid thing....and Kyle having to go all around town trying to get her her food craving.

Jim being a tad mad over the whole thing but on the flip side over joyed about being a granddad.
Tears_of_Mercury
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Tears_of_Mercury »

Okay, I've seen this idea explored before in Awakened Dreamer fics, but I wanted to see what would happen if there was a completely CC aspect to it.

In pre/mid/late S3 Lonnie and Rath come back to Roswell toting a baby. Because Isabel and Michael are linked to them genetically they have a strong alien connection to the child. After the group's initial shock at seeing the two again, Lonnie explains that she and Rath are still trying to wheedle their way into Khivar's good graces -- and that having a baby significantly complicates matters. She also says that she and Rath have already been to the Antarian Loyalists and that they have refused to accept the traitor's daughter as an heir, and in a surprising twist, the baby is completely human and as such is unable to survive on Antar. Seeing no further use for the child, they are prepared to abandon or, if convenient, kill the little girl. This idea apalls everyone, but most especially Michael and Isabel. They take the time to bond with the baby and agree together that even if the child is not theirs, they will raise her as if she were.

Now... what does that mean for Michael/Maria? For Isabel's blossoming relationship with Jesse? Although Isabel and Michael's relationship remains purely platonic, how will Maria deal with the strange fulfillment of the dreams the two had shared two years ago?

How does Max come to terms with the fact that his child was not only well-equipped to survive on earth but, if he ever existed, is now almost certainly dead? Will he be relieved by the news or disappointed, and what kind of skeletons will an alien baby drudge up in his relationship with Liz?

Requirements:

* I'd really like to see everybody get a shot in this fic. If you're so inclined, you can dash out Jesse and resurrect Alex, but regardless of which guy (if any) that Isabel's paired with, I hope that it's not all about the romance. Even if they're small parts, everyone should get a voice in this situation; that means Kyle, Jim, Mr. and Mrs. Evans, and yes, even Max and Liz. Whether that comes in the form of rotating POVs or just bleeds out from the main perspectives is up to the writer's discression. Special attention should still be given to Michael, Isabel, and Maria.
* This fic must end CC. Whether or not Khivar enters the picture for Isabel or Lonnie is not the question, but I don't want to see Isabel and Michael playing house or Maria undergoing any serious misconception that the two of them are going to be a couple.
* I'd also love to see a little bit of focus on the Isabel/Max relationship: now that Isabel has a child of her own to take care of, does she better understand how desperate Max was after he found out that Tess was pregnant? Was there ever a real apology from Max to Isabel and vice versa for the way they behaved to each other in general after Alex's funeral, or did they just sweep it under the rug?
* Something we saw glimpses of on the show in late season two and some of season three is that Liz and Maria had developed, if not a close bond, than at least a casual friendship with Kyle. I'd like to see this explored, especially Liz and Maria's relationship -- they are both very flawed girls, and Liz is not the Mary Sue of friendships any more than Maria is. Would Liz understand Maria's insecurities over a baby entering Michael's life because of her situation with Max, or would she hurt Maria by being insensitive and stating that Michael did nothing to get himself in the situation and therefore it's "not as bad"? There was a lot of unresolved tension between these two after Alex's death, that kind of got laid by the wayside when Maria realized that he had been murdered and joined Liz's investigation. The depth that is explored in is up to the writer, but I'd at least like to see evidence of the scars.
* As stated in the above summary, the baby must be a girl.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

87#

This is a Kyle/Tess story idea

Word comes down to Roswell that Kyle's mom has died.Jim can't go to the funeral because it falls on the same day he has to appear in court for a case.So Kyle travels to.....where ever it is you want to put the funeral.Tess decides to go with Kyle in order to be there for him and give him support.The time they spend together before,during and after the funeral brings them together as a couple.

MUST HAVES

The gang get together before Kyle and Tess head out for the funeral,in order to show Kyle how sorry they are for him and that they are a family.Even Michael says or does something supportive that shocks the group.

Kyle finding out his mother had remarried and had other kid(s)...how many is up too you,but Kyle is shocked to find out he is a big brother.

A scene where Tess and Kyle are sitting on beds late one night in their sleepware while Kyle tells Tess stories he remembers about his mom and later Tess comforts him. Where those beds are.....a hotel room...staying with Kyle's moms new family....is up too you.
xmag
Addicted Roswellian

Post by xmag »

Challenge # 88

It's quite a simple challenge. I want a fic where Tess meets her human donor. The fic would start just after the Hybrid Chronicles. I would like the story to show Tess's struggle when confronted to the woman who had been abducted and who had suffered of that abduction, how it makes her realize that she is human.

Michael : From day one, I knew you were the girl for me, I never wanted anyone else.
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

#89 Hidden Heritage M/L -- Taken by melissa05

Challenge text moved to:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13012&p=732527#p732527
Last edited by Zanity on Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
behrstars
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by behrstars »

Ok so I had this idea and thought it would make a great story, and since i'm no good at writing i thought i would put it here to see if anyone else was interested.

After Alexs death Liz realizes that shes been losing time. She has blank spots in her memory but is so busy trying to find Alexs killer, that she brushes it aside. When her and Maria head to Las Cruses she tells Maria about, but they decide to keep it to themselves for awhile. When Liz, Maria, and Kyle stop the pod squad from leaving with Tess things go terribly wrong and Liz ends up on Antar with Tess. She discovers that all the time that she lost was because Tess was mindwarping her so that she and Michael were sleeping together. Turns out that part of Tess's deal was to return with not only the heir but the child of the General. The mindwarps weren't working on Isabel and because Maria was not changed, she decided to use Liz because of the fact that she had been healed by Max and had exibited powers. So it is determined upon examination that Liz is in fact six weeks pregnant with Michaels baby. Of course Liz will have to deal with and come to terms with the fact that she is pregnant. Liz falls in love with the child growing inside her. She is treated well during her pregnancy so that no harm comes to the baby. When the baby is born they take him from her.(I would like for the baby to be a boy, for now we'll call him Ryland, you can decide a name) But they soon learn that the baby depends on her to survive. It is the only thing that keeps them from killing her. Tess delivers baby Zan three weeks later. Liz has no say in Rylands upbringing and as he gets older the less she sees him. She has it really hard(beatings,starving her,anything else) eventually shes phased out of his life. But he does not forget her and sees her often in his dreams. Turns out that as far as his gifts go hes stronger than Zan and Tess. Liz does develop powers but they surpress hers somehow. Ryland and Zan are raised side by side in a world where they learn nothing but how to defend the throne. I would like for both of them to be good. While they have to abide by Khivars rule it dosen't mean that they are bad. On their 12TH birthday Max and company show up on Antar and take back the throne. There is a bloody war but I would like to see all the roswellians make it through. At sometime during the war they meet Zan and Ryland. They all wonder who Ryland is and soon discover that he is Lizs son. After a few days Isabel brings it to everyones attention that she thinks that Ryland is Michaels son and although Maria is upset with the revelation she pushes forward with the information that Liz had told her years ago. The first thing that they do when the war is over is find Liz and set her free. She has a really hard time adjusting after whats been happening to her. Ryland will be the one to bring her back and i would like there to briefly be something between her and Michael because of the fact that Rylands his. Everything else is up in the air the only thing I ask is for a happy ending for all couples involved. M/L,MI/M,I/Kyle
Any questions just PM me
xmag
Addicted Roswellian

Post by xmag »

Killjoy, your challenge number 84 is really good, I hope someone will take it.
xmag
Addicted Roswellian

Post by xmag »

Killjoy, your challenge number 84 is really good, I hope someone will take it.
girl afraid
Addicted Roswellian

Post by girl afraid »

Pairings: Max/Liz, Michael/Maria, Kyle/Tess. Because of Isabel's role in this plot, she will be paired with Khivar but how much you want to elaborate on that is up to you.

Rating: Any rating is fine but I'd be lying if I said that I wouldn't be hoping for Adult. :lol:

Summary: The aliens go back to Antar as in Departure but with a couple of differences.

-Alex wasn't murdered by Tess. Instead, he died in a car accident.
- Max did not sleep with Tess.
- Kyle never called Tess his sister at the prom
- The Granilith does not act as a ship but as a teleporting device (no key involved, just alien genetics).

When the aliens get back to Antar, they become Kivar's prisoners for a time before briefly escaping his compound. However they get recaptured and it will turn out that Isabel (who had been visited in her dreams by Khivar in Season 2) remembered her past life and has betrayed them rather than Tess.

Meanwhile, the humans are devastated and are not coping well at all. Maria, Liz and Kyle go up to the pod chamber for some quiet reflection/reminiscing and Liz puts her hand up to the rock. To her surprise it opens (because of her 'change' obviously) and they all go in for one last look. The cave looks as it always does and after crawling through to the Granilith, they find it intact. The three put their hands on the black cone and suddenly they are transported to Antar and end up landing in a remote outpost that is about 4 hours from the compound.

They are met along the way and assisted by Larek (who will appear as Brody, so they're not freaked out too much). The trek to the compound will be slow and difficult as the air on Antar is different to Earth so the humans have trouble breathing. Eventually Larek will sneak them into the compound via some trusted insiders where they reach Max, Michael and Tess. Kivar catches them and sentences them all to death but due to some sort of revolt, they are able to escape the compound - Isabel will watch them do so from a control tower, she has enough humanity left not to stop them. The journey back to the Granilith will be just as hard it was when the humans first arrived but they finally come back to Earth. There should be a couple of parts left to show how the three remaining aliens are settling back in and coping after Isabel's defection.

All pairings should be given equal amounts of scenes, this should truly be an ensemble fic. Bonus points from me if you write some really juicy candy scenes! Good friendship moments would also be greatly appreciated.
it's better to rise than fade away.