Beta Request Thread

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

dreambeliever
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Beta Request Thread

Post by dreambeliever »

Hello All.....I need a Beta. This is my second fanfiction ever and while writing my first, I had alot of ideas I wanted to use that just didn't go with that story line so hence the birth of my second "I believe in you" tentatively named....need to check and make sure no one had used this yet....anybody know? Anyways this will be CC mainly Max/Liz and canon couplings except Kyle. I haven't quite figured out who to pair him up with yet. The story takes up during departure.....if you're interested I'll PM you more details. I will need help with everything. Grammar, plots, characters...etc. Also since I am not quite finished with my first story, this one will have slower updates at first.
Thanks in advance...PM me for more details..... :D
dreambeliever
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by dreambeliever »

dreambeliever wrote:Hello All.....I need a Beta. This is my second fanfiction ever and while writing my first, I had alot of ideas I wanted to use that just didn't go with that story line so hence the birth of my second "I believe in you" tentatively named....need to check and make sure no one had used this yet....anybody know? Anyways this will be CC mainly Max/Liz and canon couplings except Kyle. I haven't quite figured out who to pair him up with yet. The story takes up during departure.....if you're interested I'll PM you more details. I will need help with everything. Grammar, plots, characters...etc. Also since I am not quite finished with my first story, this one will have slower updates at first.
Thanks in advance...PM me for more details..... :D

Much thanks to Roswellian117 who has taken this. :D
dreambeliever
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by dreambeliever »

Hello everyone....me again. I desperately need a beta for a fic that I have recently started. I will need help with everything but my primary concern is for the characters of Max and Tess.

The story is dreamer insured however Max and Tess do have sex and of course baby Zan. I would like for Max and Tess to be together, but not quite together. During this time Max changes becomes 'harder', 'colder'. Tess eventually turns out good, doesn't kill Alex. She starts to realize that she doesn't want Max and explores her feelings for Kyle.

I really need help with a 'hard' Max and turnung Tess nice (especially since in all my other fics she's the devil...lol)

If you are interested PM me with any questions.

Thank you in advance for the help :mrgreen:
Sundae
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sundae »

Hi all...in need of a beta request. I have two fics I'm working heavily on.

First

First one is a post-graduation fic that deals with all the characters (M/M, M/L, K/I) EQUALLY or as equally as I can make them - it's a super super super angsty fic. The premise of the story is that while the gang have successfully thwarted the special unit, the after effects of the years on the road have had a major toll them. The special unit may not have been able to take their lives, but they did manage to steal their spirit and love. Its more than just a story about the realtionship between the couples, its about general friendship. It starts out years after graduation and will be mainly told in both flashes and flashbacks in the beginning. And all though at first all the characters are having a hard time...I will produce a happy ending. This fic pretty much came to me in a single thought (complete with a plot and outline) while I was listening to song. However...I need help balancing the angst...as well as getting more emotions out of characters I'm not use to exploring...plus general grammar, spelling, editing check.

Second ---TAKEN BY EARTH2MAMA

Second fic is an AU without aliens...And I think this fic will be my ultimate baby. It's mainly Michael/Maria with a faint kiss on the cheeks of Max/Liz, Alex/Isabel and Kyle/Tess. Lets just say its starts out with Maria as a single mom and estranged from all her loved ones and friends back in Roswell. That's all I can give you without completely ruining the story. I have a pretty good idea of how I want the story to play out from beginning to end. But I mainly need help with the conversations between an adult and a 6 year old kid. :lol: (lol, I don't' have kids). Also general grammar, spelling, editing check and maybe just a general push when I get jumbled up.

If anyone is interested...PM me!

Thanks in advance.
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Hi! Can someone please be a beta to both my stories I have posted. The name of the stories are Princess Of Antar and Romancing The Heart. I would like to have someone to bounce ideas off of and I would like to have someone to keep me on the ball with both stories. I would like to have someone who can check my grammer and spelling. And I would like to have someone that won't mind that I would like to post the chapters a week after I send it to them. I hope someone with paitence{I thing that is how you spell it} Here is a little about the stories.

Princess Of Antar is CC, Mauture rating. Um The gang is at a motel. Liz and Max have their honeymoon. While on their honeymoon Larek contacts Liz. Liz goes and meets him. when Liz meets Larek she meets his wife Serena. Larke and Serena need Liz to come to Antar with them. Liz agrees to go. Right when they are leaving Max, Isabel, Michael and Maria see them. They try to walk up to them but by the time they get to them they are gone. here is where you can find the story if you want to chack it out
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20649

Romancing The Heart is T/L in begaining then it is M/L, M/M, A/I,T/A the rating is mature. The story is about Liz and Maria move into a new house. Max and Liz don't get along while Michael and Maria flirt with each other. The thing is no one knows what Max and Michael do for a living. One night Liz meets a guy name Toney. Toney ask Liz out. Liz goes out with Toney where she sees Max and Michael.Liz finds out what Toney, Max and Michael do for a living. There is danger all arounfd Max, Toney, Michael but no one knows where the danger is coming from. And The guys don't know if it is safe for Liz, Alice and Maria to be around them. Here is where you can finds the story if you want to check it out.
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=19425

So will someone please pm me if you would like to be a beta to Princess Of Antar and Romancing The Heart?
Thank You so much!

Lizza {Known as L-J-L 76}

Taken by Mary Mary.
Thank you so very much for being a beta to both my stories. Again thank you so much!
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

Hello All...

So here is my request, PM's are preferable for this request. I have been working on a full CC fic for the last oh...3 years and I have a lot of things I want to incorporate. I have finally narrowed down my main plot / characters, but since I haven't been keeping up on my reading and the fact that my mind seems to be slipping (lol) I need someone to just review a few main notes/points that I have and tell me if they have ever read anything similar.

So really this isn't a beta request per say...but rather I need someone or several someones who know CC fic like that back of their hand, CC fics old and new because the very LAST thing I would want is to incorporate something that is even remotely similar to someone's work, because my intention of course is originality.

Thanks to whomever responds!

Tanya
DestinyDreamer
Addicted Roswellian

Post by DestinyDreamer »

Im in need of a beta! Im looking for someone who will beta any or all of my fics I have been working on! Right now I want repost matters of the heart matters of affair and I need a beta for it! So if your interested pm please! Please please please! Thanks!
please also check me out at fanfiction.net I go by the name twilighteyes85 there!
https://www.fanfiction.net/~twilighteyes85
simplyshiny
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by simplyshiny »

HIII i need a beta for my fic "Untitled" it's already been started but I just need some help with it. PM me or email me achamb00@gmail.com!

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=22070
Thanks Singerchic4!!
Mamma Mia! Michael and Maria!
Watch my Candy Video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D719jj_1eg
R.I.P. Precious Gem
Break the Silence
http://www.ovarian.org/
trulov
Addicted Roswellian

Post by trulov »

Hi,

I'm in need of beta-ing for two stories I'm working on:

1. Forging the Sword - need someone who'll light a fire under my @$$ for this one - someone with the time to read and give feedback (must not be afraid to be brutally honest). No spell/grammer checking needed - just constructive criticism.

2. Twined - just started working on this one, but I refuse to post until complete. It's another tag/companion to the Tangled/Twisted tales (can't seem to let those guys go :wink: ). Pretty much looking for the same beta as listed above - someone with the interest and time to give feedback (must not be afraid to be brutally honest). No spell/grammer checking needed - just constructive criticism.

Neither story will be very long...5-8 parts (tops) for each one. I have both plots all laid out in my head, I just need someone to bounce ideas off of, in order to get them down on paper.

Please pm me if interested.

ALSO...
I realize these are two very different stories/genres. One is strictly light and funny...the other is really intense and sad. (Personally, I've never tried to actually write two stories at once, but I'm gonna give it my best).

You do not have to take both stories. If you want to beta just one of these fics, I am totally fine with that. Just let me know.

Thank you.

BOTH TAKEN. THANKS.
jojotheorange
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by jojotheorange »

I need a beta. The story is going to be set in an alternate universe. PM for more details it kinda of a crazy idea.

I will say one thing that I am not the best writer which is why I am seeking a beta.