Beta Request Thread

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Beta Request Thread

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Hi!
Will someone please beta 2 stories that I am working on? The 2 stories I am working on are Romancing The Heart AU Without Aliens and Princess Of Antar{Alien story}. Both stories have a mature rating. I need a beta for grammer and spelling check, Bounce ideas off of. And I need a beta that has paients and can handle 2 Chapters a week and posting 2 chapters a week. Romancing The Heart AU without Aliens is M/L, M/M{a little} first part is T/L then turns in M/L. And Princess Of Antar is M/L, M/M, I/A, T/K. If you are interested please pm here and let me know? I hope someone will be a beta to Romancing The Heart and Princess Of Antar! Thank You!

L-J-L 76
dreamer19

Post by dreamer19 »

Hi, I need a beta for the four stories I currently have up on the board. Into the Shadows, A Black Heart, The Rocky Mountains of Teenage Lovers and The Passage Through Distrust. If you could help with one, a couple or all, the help would be greatly appreciated. I want someone who wouldn't mind discussing ideas back and forth, as well as any corrections I hadn't spotted. I can offer to do the same as well. Pm if interested, Thanks!

*Have one for Into the Shadows
*Have one for The Passage Through Distrust
Last edited by dreamer19 on Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
parker86
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by parker86 »

Hi,
I need a beta for my story Expecting Careless.
My story is AU with aliens but it's not an alien based storyline. It's a human based storyline.
A brief summary would be: After a series of unfortunate events Liz has become jaded, careless and Michael as usual is impulsive, fearless. A simple friendship crosses the line and Liz becomes pregnant, a complete shock to them both. And now Michael and Liz have to figure out who they are to each other and who they want to be when everyone around them is trying to pull them apart. They try to pull together for the sake of their child, grow up but will they be able to overcome everything in their way. The answer is Yes by the way :)
Things to note: Liz is the same strong, smart girl from the show but in this story she is promiscuous. However it's not for the sake of making the story heated but rather serves as a deeper meaning unto its own. So since the rating is Mature, I would like someone over 18.

I'm looking for a Beta who I can bouce ideas off of. Help me with grammer. Also who can tell me when it's crap and help me stay true to the characters.

**Taken, Found A Beta***
**Out Of The Night That Covers Me... Black As The Pit From Pole To Pole...
I Thank Whatever Gods May Be... For My Unconquerable Soul**
-Henley
dreamer19

Post by dreamer19 »

Hi need a beta for a new story I'm working on. It's M/L canon. Basically starts off in busted in the very beginning scene where they "rob" the store. Liz has a gun and things don't go as planned...It's call I Will Follow You Into the Dark. They end up going on the run. I would like somebody who I can chat with over the progress of the story and tell me what works and what doesn't, as well as grammar and other spelling mistakes. Pm if interested. Thanks!

Taken
Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswellian117 »

I have recently decided to move my story from fanfiction.net to here. I will only be using the first page of my old material because i did not like how the other story was coming along. I started with first person but now want to change it to more of an epic story story. I could use some betas and I want to get started quickly. If you go to my profile page on fanfiction.net you will see that i have already let them know I am moving. I am truly excited to see my new and much improved story on here. I want to make it as amazing as so many other stories I have read on here. I am looking for betas who will push me to be better and are critical and have good imagination and good phrasing techniques. Please pm me asap if you want to help. Thanks! It is completely CCAU WITH ALIENS, M/L, M/M, A/I, K/T.

My story will either be called Eyes on Fire based on a song by Blue Foundation or Decode based on the song by Paramore. Story starts in the past on Antar as a dream sequence and moves into the past. Liz's past life was Ava. She is a hybrid but the genetics people implanted her as well as Kyle, Maria, and Alex into their mother's wombs so they are both their parent's children they just have alien dna. No shooting took place. I already have the beginning dream sequence just need to start the first chapter. I have lots of ideas but I want to bounce them off someoneif someone wants to co-write with this with me I would appreciate that.
Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswellian117 »

Taken
Last edited by Roswellian117 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Hi!
Can someone please be a beta to 2 stories I have posted? The first story is called Romancing The Heart and that story is on Au without aliens. The second story is called Princess Of Antar and that story is on CC. I need a beta to check for grammer and spelling and to bounce Ideas off of for the stories. If anyone wants to be a beta to both my stories please pm me and let me know? And I will send you summery to both stories. Thank you!
L-J-L 76
trulov
Addicted Roswellian

Post by trulov »

Hello all,

I'm looking for a beta for my two stories - The Cutting Room Floor and Twisted. It needs to be someone who's read Tangled and enjoys talking about those characters. I don't really need a spelling/grammer checker - although that is always helpful.

I'm in need more of someone who I can talk to about my plans/plot for this story to help me focus my thoughts and get what's in my head into my computer. I'll give rough summaries of where I want to go and you can tell me what you think. And then you'll review each full chapter once its completed to make sure its not total crap.

Critical feedback and questioning is welcome and appreciated.

PM me if anyone's interested.

Thanks a bunch!

trulov

TAKEN
Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswellian117 »

Looking to offer beta services to someone. I will bounce ideas, grammer, and whatever else.
MetallicaGeek
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by MetallicaGeek »

Offering beta services for CCAU stories, preferably Teen rated. Can make exceptions for Mature and Adult, but not confident regarding the sex scenes. Nothing too dark either.
It was me and this world and a broken dream.