Beta Request Thread

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Sundae
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Beta Request Thread

Post by Sundae »

Taken :D

Hey guys, in need of a beta.

It's an AU without aliens, set in the 1940's and it's heavy on both Michael/Maria and Max/Liz. This will be my first fic where I'm seriously exploring Max and Liz and I was hoping to get a Dreamer beta if possible or someone who has read/written a lot dreamer fics.

I will say that my writing style is unusual, not only because it's a time period piece but the way I have chosen to do the fic and I need someone that is not afraid to be critical and tell me what they think. I'm not necessarily worried about grammar and stuff, just the context, ideas and how I'm presenting things and if its interesting.

Please PM if interested.

Much thanks,
Sundae
LovelyPOM83
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by LovelyPOM83 »

TAKEN
Hello guys, I'm looking for a BETA for a Dreamer Fic that I am re-working called 'Don't' , based off of Liz's love for Max that goes un-noticed until it may be to late...I have the first chapter done on my site check it out if your intrested and I hope to hear from someone soon. Thank you!! :)

[url=http://true_dreamersmaxlizevans.webs.com/dontmlficteen.htm]Don't...(Click here to read)[/url]

<3 POM aka Erica :wink:
Last edited by LovelyPOM83 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janetfl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Janetfl »

Hello,

I am currently looking for a beta reader that can check my work for grammer mistakes, etc. I have four on the go at the moment Weekend Blues (K/T) almost finished, only two chapters to check. Conclusive Evidence (M/L, M/M, UC at first) god knows how many chapters left for this one and finally Lost Time (LOTS XO, M/L, CC, minor UC at first) again this one I have no idea how many chapters it's going to be.

If you are interested in betaring one or more of the fics then please let me know by PM.

Many thanks
JAN :mrgreen:
Thank you to the wonderful, artistic RoswellOracle for this awesome siggie!
secretk
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by secretk »

Taken

I am looking for beta reader who can help me with grammar and semantic mistakes.
English is not my first language and no matter how many times I will check my story, there might be still some errors remained.
I haven't post my story yet, because I am afraid that there are mistakes and this way no one would want to read it.
As for the story - it contains all couples and it is Alien Abyss. The fic shows one a bit different reality, where all characters are in high school and live in poor neighborhood with a lot of danger - street gangs, drugs and so on. My fic asks questions like who is responsible for taking care of these kids - the teachers at school, their parents who work on two jobs and have no time to even see them or the kids themselves. There will be of course also funny moments and love involved, but the fic also refers to different topics as abuse(sexual and physical), death, drugs and other. If anyone is interested, please write me PM.
Thanks in advance!
Heavenli24
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Heavenli24 »

Hey everyone,

I know I haven't been very active here at Fanatics for the last year or so (major writer's block :(), but I took part in NaNoWriMo for the first time this year (made it to 50,025 words :D) and I wrote several fanfic pieces for it.... but they were Supernatural fics rather than Roswell ones (I've just recently started watching SPN and am a little bit obsessed with it at the moment).

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone fancied beta-ing the Supernatural stories I've been working on?

It would mostly just be checking them through for any spelling or grammar mistakes and also making sure that I haven't gotten any of the canon wrong (I've watched every episode at least once now but I don't remember all the details of the canon yet).
Roswell_Lover2012
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Roswell_Lover2012 »

Hey Guys,

I'm new to this writing so I was looking for a beta to help me along my journey to writing. My story is A Very Roswell Christmas, is a twist on a Mr. Scrooge plot but it takes place after Departure episode and the time frame is around Christmas time of course. Any help would be great...spell checker, maybe even helping me explain things better in the story, or changing some of the wording I used...I hope someone can help me. It probably won't be a long story just a short piece...but who knows.
Girls talk out there problems, while Men just punch each other in the arm and it equals out to six months of therapy!

Check Out My Stories:

A Very Roswell Christmas
Michelle17
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Michelle17 »

Hi all,

I'm desperately trying to get back into my writing for Roswell. I'm looking for a dreamer beta. I need help with grammar. I need help with making the story following, and making sure I stay to the outline. My new years resolution was to finish writing all my stories and complete my challenges I have taken. I would like to start with my story Hot Lessons In Real Love and then do The Law Of Love. The Law Of Love really needs work done to it. I was thinking of taking one of my challenges I posted. I would really need help with that story. I want try on my story Revenge which would have both Dreamer and Dreamer Awaken paring in too. I want to try and start posting chapters weekly for my stories. I'm stuck with Hot Lesson In Real Love. I want to try and and work on making the chapters very long. Please Pm me anyone interested

Thanks

Courtney :D :D :D :D

Special thanks too

claudialynn
Roswell_Fan86
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Roswell_Fan86 »

TAKEN By Zaneri1

Hi all,

I'm in desperate need of a Beta for my WIP story What's Meant To Be. So far I'm 4 chapters into it and I just seem to have trouble wording things to where they flow right. I have these ideas but I can't seem to get them worded right and of course the usual grammar errors that everyone usually has trouble with. I want to actually have a great story out there and I just need helping getting it worded right....So if anyone could help me improve my writting and help me correct these errors I continue to make along with helping me word things right I'd really appreciate it. Please feel free to PM me....I'm using my sister's email address right now so feel free to email me at navybrat1986@gmail.com if you rather.

This would be me on my hands and knee's begging for assistance! :oops:
"You don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without."

Check Out My Stories
DMartinez
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by DMartinez »

Looking for a beta for some non-Roswell fanfiction. It's some pretty heavy duty stuff in the mature adult, violence, swearing, uncomfortable situation vein. Please pm me if interested or know of someone who is.
LovelyPOM83
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by LovelyPOM83 »

double post. sorry
Last edited by LovelyPOM83 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.