Time After Time Challenge

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Fred
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Fred »

LysCat wrote:Do you have room for one more?
OF COURSE!!! :D

This is open to any author - the more the merrier - just give me a time that isn't already taken (list can be found on the first post). Be sure that your time includes the year from the first person's birth until the last person's death (even if the story only takes place during a few months or years of that).

I'd love to see all of history fill up! :D
LysCat
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LysCat »

I worked it out with Kath that I would write a story during the Cival War. She thinks that she should be able to tie up her previous story so that my Max and Liz can be born somewhere in the decade of the 1840's.
Walter: "I used this to extract information from a corpse once. You can do that if they've been dead up to six hours."
Peter: "Yeah, cause after six hours they're REALLY dead."
Kath7
Administrator

Post by Kath7 »

Fred, you might want to add Destiny's Circle to that list, so that no one goes in that time period, if we're going to fit it into the chronology. It's medieval, set between 1170 and let's say 1230? That gives them a nice lengthy happily ever after for that time period... :D So NOT going to the case in at least one of the others. lol
Fred
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Fred »

Just wanted to let everyone know that the first post has been edited to include more authors and time periods. :D

Please don't be shy - there are a lot of time periods that have not been claimed. So if any interest you - let me know. I know there are oodles of wonderful writers out there who could add a lot to this series!!! :D

Also - if the first post doesn't include both a beginning and ending date for your story - let me know as soon as you know. Thanks!!!

Hugs and all that :wink:

Fred
kay_b
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kay_b »

Hey Fred, you know my idea for this already. :D

I want to take the 1500s and it'll be set in England and similar to the story of Lady Jane Grey.

I'll be back with a birth date and such soon.

Kay
Eccentric One
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Eccentric One »

I'm not a writer. But if anyone needs help with historical research, let me know. I enjoy doing that. Just send me a pmail.

Kara
I abhor the dull routine of existence. I crave for mental exhortation. - Sherlock Holmes
ps_dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ps_dreamer »

Interesting idea!

I'd love to try my hands on writing a fic... I'm thinking about the times of the Mayan, around 400-600 A.D. - :)
"All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsion, habit, reason, passion, and desire." - Aristotle
lizard_queen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by lizard_queen »

Hmm.... interesting idea. I may be able to write something, but i'm not sure if i have the time. Let me think about it...

But if i dont write i'm sure to read.
:D Ki-ki :D

My Stuff

nickimlow
Addicted Roswellian

Post by nickimlow »

Wow, I am SO following this!!!!! :D I've watched a series like this before . . . a, well, series of series. And I loved it. And and and . . . waaaaaaaah!!!

Actually, I'd love to join, but I don't have the time :( Oh well.

---Nicole.
roswellianprincess16
Addicted Roswellian

Post by roswellianprincess16 »

Ok... after much inner debate, I have decided I'd like to try this. If for some reason, I cannot, I will surely let you know.

But this is far too incredible an idea to simply pass up. :) Fred, again, I applaud you!

I'd like to try 1570-1600. (thats a rough estimate, it might end slightly earlier).

Thank you so much. :)

Selena
-Isabelle Santiago, Author of Scifi/Fantasy Romance
Not Every Girl Dreams of Prince Charming...
http://twistedfairytale.net
http://twistedfairytale.net/blog/