Special Guidelines For Titles In Crossover

This is the place for you to post any stories of Roswell mixed with mythology or characters from another universe, like Buffy or Smallville.

Moderators: Erina, Forum Moderators

Zendorox
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Zendorox »

Due to the need to cram so much information into the thread titles in Crossover, we're making a few special additions to the posting guidelines relating to Crossover fics.

These guidelines aren't hard to follow and they do not replace the existing board guidelines. This is a special appendix to them relating only to crossovers.

Romance/Couple Designations for Crossovers
Limit thread title information on romantic pairings in crossover to CC or UC (as seen from a Roswellian POV). If a given fic has some UC in it, then for the purposes of the thread title it's UC.

Because some of those crossover couples are pretty far out there we ask that if there is a need for more information, save full names, initials, and lengthy explanations for your summary in the header on the first page of your fic.

Show Titles and Abbreviations for Crossovers
Again, title space is not unlimited so don't spell the name of a given show in full unless you have to. Use commonly accepted abbreviations for show titles. You can explain your particular crossover more fully in your summary in the header on the first page of the fic. (See Abbreviation List below)
  • If the name of the show you are crossing over with has more than 5 characters, you should probably abbreviate it.
  • There's no need to designate the "Roswell" portion of a Crossover. That is a given with any crossover on this board.
Common Show Abbreviations for Crossovers
If the show you are crossing over with is not listed below, try to use these as an example to come up with your abbreviation. If you invent a new one, contact a Mod so that it can be added to the list.

Multi = Multiple shows. (Use this to indicate 2 or more)
BtVS = Buffy the Vampire Slayer
DA = Dark Angel
OC = The OC
LnC - Lois and Clark
OTH = One Tree Hill
TDZ = The Dead Zone
SG or SG1 = Stargate
HP = Harry Potter
DBZ = Dragon Ball Z
XF = X-Files
CHMD = Charmed
HLDR = Highlander
ST = Star Trek
MIB = Men In Black
SV = Smallville
HMD = House MD

Examples of Acceptable Titles in Crossover
  • Brothers and Sisters - OTH XO CC - A/N Oct. 9 p.2
  • Still Yours (HLDR,XO,ADULT,CC) A/N 10/5/04
  • After all - UC, Buffy XO, Slash - MATURE
Bubblegal
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my own little head where Roswell is still on and Max and Liz were never apart.

Post by Bubblegal »

What about House MD? Would that be HMD or just H?
Dani's fics

"I have an irrational fear of Pingu the Penguin, it's not the plasticine that scares me, its the beak that's the abomination." Me to my friend.

'Found the Cosmos Maiden, she's a few stars short of a galaxy.' Rush Sykes - The Last Remnant
Kzinti_Killer
Administrator

Post by Kzinti_Killer »

Spacegal17 wrote:What about House MD? Would that be HMD or just H?
HMD should be fine. I'm a little TV challenged the last few months. I never heard of that show.

Rick
Dragons, Ogres, & Pretty Boy Lawyers Slain, Reasonable Rates, Call After 5:00 At 1-900-OhMyGodWhatWereTheyThinkingOf

"Fan fiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk."
-- Henry Jenkins
Tears_of_Mercury
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Special Guidelines For Titles In Crossover

Post by Tears_of_Mercury »

Just for future reference, does anyone know what the abbreviation for the 'Twilight' series would be? TWLT? TLGHT? TWLGT?
Kzinti_Killer
Administrator

Post by Kzinti_Killer »

Tears_of_Mercury wrote:Just for future reference, does anyone know what the abbreviation for the 'Twilight' series would be? TWLT? TLGHT? TWLGT?
TWLT should be just fine.

Rick
Dragons, Ogres, & Pretty Boy Lawyers Slain, Reasonable Rates, Call After 5:00 At 1-900-OhMyGodWhatWereTheyThinkingOf

"Fan fiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk."
-- Henry Jenkins
LizNdAlec4eva
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LizNdAlec4eva »

Hi, quick question, what would I put if I were writing a Numb3rs xo?

Thanks in advance. :D

My Numb3rs xo fic. Coming Soon!
Kzinti_Killer
Administrator

Post by Kzinti_Killer »

Well something distinctive should do it. N3RS Or NBRS. Or NB3RS. Pick on or make up your own. Let me add that you should check to make sure that someone else hasn't already created one.

Rick

-- Henry Jenkins
LizNdAlec4eva
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LizNdAlec4eva »

Kzinti_Killer wrote:Well something distinctive should do it. N3RS Or NBRS. Or NB3RS. Pick on or make up your own. Let me add that you should check to make sure that someone else hasn't already created one.

Rick
Thanks a lot. I'll go check now.

My Numb3rs xo fic. Coming Soon!
Bubblegal
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my own little head where Roswell is still on and Max and Liz were never apart.

Post by Bubblegal »

For Stargate Atlantis - do I just put SGA instead of 1 so people know what I'm talking about?
Dani's fics

"I have an irrational fear of Pingu the Penguin, it's not the plasticine that scares me, its the beak that's the abomination." Me to my friend.

'Found the Cosmos Maiden, she's a few stars short of a galaxy.' Rush Sykes - The Last Remnant
jbangelo
Administrator

Post by jbangelo »

Yeah, that'll work.
“You know you’re right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself.”