Careless (UC,Z/L,ADULT)*Complete* chpt 15 9/4/15

This is the place for you to post fanfiction for all of the unconventional, out of the norm in the show's realm couples. In other words, any stories focusing on couples not listed under conventional couples, and anything featuring slash pairings.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, jbangelo, truelovepooh, Erina, Forum Moderators

begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Careless (UC,Z/L,ADULT)REPOST chpt 14 6/1/15

Post by begonia9508 »

Sorry but with all your stories, I lost this one on my radar!

Anyway, this cat and mouse play has to end anyway... and she should finally think about it and give him a answer!

Thanks EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
Tashchen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Tashchen »

Another incredible part! Before you resurrected this fic, I wondered where it would go when he showed up six months later, trying to give it closure in my mind, and my imagination never went near this level of detail and its twists and turns. The psychological cat and mouse game, drawn out the way you have, is truly genius. You really know these characters and have fleshed them out so fully. I am constantly surprised with the direction.

I love that Zan still has to take the last step and be himself and honest with Liz. Yes, he has changed. He absolutely has. But he is so afraid that she won't trust him if he acts or dresses like himself, as if he'd be reminding her of the old Zan and scare her away. What a nice nuance that his last hurdle is to be that changed man, and be himself at the same time, and be accepted by Liz for all of it.

As usual, can't wait for the next part.

STUNNING banner by RO!!!!!

xoxo,
Tash

:D :D :D
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Wow.....outstanding banner......to go with an amazing story!
Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Natalie36 »

wow :D
sarammlover
Addicted Roswellian

Post by sarammlover »

Carrie! YES!! I like that Zan has changed for Liz though this isn't who she fell in love with (lust?) so I am thinking he should go back to who he was before...but keep the super sweet new house! Awesome work!
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Careless (UC,Z/L,ADULT) *Complete* chpt 15 9/3/15

Post by jake17 »

Carolyn x2
Eve
Tash
Natalie
sarammlover

thank you for all the fb, and for the RoswellOracle's amazing banner, I so appreciate those who came back to this story after being gone for so long. :)

Chapter fifteen

Dawn pierced the floor to ceiling windows in Zan’s bedroom causing a splinter of orange to spiral across Liz’s face as her eyelashes fluttered open.

Raising her hand to shield the morning sun, she glanced over to see Zan peacefully sleeping, laying on his back, his clothes lost throughout the night.

Her gaze drifted slowly over his body that rose and fell with each breath, watching him closely, just taking the moment in.

There was no doubt he was a vision of male perfection, he was beautiful, and quite possibly the brightest, most passionate soul, she had ever met.

Carefully she made sure not to wake him slipping on his black tee shirt, and tip toeing to the bathroom to splash some cold water on her face.

Her body was still humming from the night before, her challenge for him to ‘show her’ that his feelings of commitment were real, while his hands possessively embraced her bare curves, had been met in spades.

It had been months since she had been taken in such a way, a way that leaves it’s mark for days causing her body to crave him like a drug, to seek out that ever present climatic high.

Opening his medicine cabinet she reached for the toothpaste spreading it on her finger doing the best she could without a brush.

The buzz of the wine they killed throughout the night had worn off, although he used most of it in ways that still caused her body to shiver.

Leaning forward she spit out some mouthwash she found before taking her long hair in her hands to pull it back in a messy bun, feeling the need to get it out of her face.

Wincing as her hips pressed against the marble counter she looked down to find tiny bruises from the night before.

Months of sexual frustration, not to mention dealing with the sheer loss of her in his life, had built up inside exploding into a night of erotic endeavors that even succeeded his skills of lovemaking.

Making her way downstairs her eyes flew to the dining table, her hand stilled on the wrought iron railing on the last step as she recalled being sprawled out for his enjoyment or hers ultimately.

Leaning against the wall her attention was drawn to the patio, where he took her from behind leaving her to stare down at the valley below, clutching hard onto the stone wall that stood between her and the hundred foot drop below.

At one time these acts of sexual prowess would have left her mind scattered, determined to define the direction of their relationship, scrambling to analyze every word he spoke, or place meaning on the tiniest of gestures in hopes of coming closer to understanding him, and just where she stood in his heart.

Liz no longer felt any of these things, in fact in a way she was very calm, free from the pressure of defining what they were to each other, and the impact that had on her being, her sense of self, of the woman she had become.

Retrieving her little black dress from the arm of his designer sofa, she smiled knowingly as she grabbed her purse.

Taking out her cell she called for a cab while reaching for an orange that had somehow been saved from being thrown off the table from the night before.

While searching his drawers for a knife she found proof of his declaration of love spoken so fiercely to her ear just hours before.

A velvet green box sat alone hidden in one of the drawers, perhaps part of his plan that she had dashed with her many pointed questions regarding his sudden change in the mere six months that they had been apart.

Unable to resist she grabbed the box before sitting back at the table placing it directly in front of her as if it were a bomb.

Rolling the orange back and forth beneath her palm she sighed heavily before opening the small possible promise of a future he has spoken so passionately about.

Her eyes widened for a moment before she set it back down on the table blown away by it’s stunning beauty and size.

It was elegant, an emerald cut, at least three carats she surmised, something that he was obviously leading up to during his previous plans for their romantic stroll down the beach followed up by his dinner prepared by his own two hands.

Her defiant acts on the shore, calling him out on his bullshit, along with her interrogation back at the house must’ve been enough to destroy the romantic mood he was aiming for.

Jumping slightly, shocked that he had been watching her, she looked up as he cleared his throat.

“This isn’t how I imagined my proposal unfolding, but since you’ve discovered your ring, I think the time is right to go forth with the question at hand.”

Her wide dark eyes locked onto him standing on the steps, dressed in nothing but tight black boxer briefs and a killer grin of confidence.

Rising from the table she made her way over to him, leaving the ring behind returning a coy grin that instantly affected him physically.

It seemed that their heated night together had not yet faded for him either in that respect.

Backing her up while descending the stairs he moved her towards his custom made steel desk that flowed with the modern decor.

Towering over her, he released her knotted bun before taking her mouth in a slow deep kiss.

“I think I like you best like this, no makeup, messy wild hair, dressed in my tee shirt and nothing else.”

Flashing her long eyelashes up towards him she gasped softly as his hand skimmed over her bare hip to cup her cheek.

His mouth drew immediately to her ear, the tips of his fingers teasing her with the promise of another round of pleasure as he growled lowly.

“I can’t stand being away from you, it’s like I can’t breathe… “

Physically aching for him she quickly discarded his shirt driving his voice deeper, huskier against her skin as his lips swept along her graceful neck.

“.... turn around, place your palms on the desk, now.”

Doing as he asked, she closed her eyes waiting to feel him fill her, to fuck her hard and fast just as he had last night.

Instead she felt the tips of his fingers gently drifting down her spine, as if he were admiring her, taking her in slowly, appreciating every curve displayed before him.

Removing his boxers, he began tenderly placing feathery kisses over her shoulders leading down the back of her thighs that were now trembling with anticipation.

Urging her to lean back against his hard chest, he smoothed one hand around to cup her breast while the other grazed her sex in slow lazy circles.

Her back bowed as he entered her inch by inch taking his time as his fingertips teased her, causing her to buck back urging him for more.

His strong forearms held her close refusing to rush this, drawing the slow torturous climb out with purpose.

Her head fell back against his shoulder, her whimpering breathy pleas fell on deaf ears as he continued on driven by the instant slickness between her legs.

Rasping low, intensely, shaking with emotion, it was his turn to question her as he held her captive deep inside.

“Do you love me.”

Biting down hard on her bottom lip she clung to his arms as he increased his depth and speed emphasizing each word.

“Tell me, tell me now Liz... do you love me?”

At the height of her climax she whispered yes, causing him to quickly follow her lead.

Breathless she ducked out from between his powerful body and the desk reaching for her dress.

He watched her drink a glass of water after she was clothed, noticing her hands were still shaking.

Grabbing his discarded shirt and boxers he did the same before making his way towards the velvet box.

Collecting her purse and heels, she held her hand to her heart with her eyes closed blind to the fact that he was now standing directly in front of her, ring in hand.

“Liz, I need you to believe in me, believe that I am a changed man. Marry me, all you have to do is say… yes.”

Taking a deep breath, she lifted her face to meet him just as the morning sun glinted his eyes flaming their amber hue.

Her answer was soft in its delivery, but firm in tone, leaving no room for persuasion.

“No.”

Stunned he backed away clearly confused, lost as to how she could possibly arrive at this decision after the night they shared.

“I don’t understand, we just - you said you loved me, was that a lie?”

It was the first time since his father’s passing that she saw true hurt residing in those beautiful eyes.

She was moved emotionally, but still was never more sure of her choice.

Walking towards him with her head held high and no regrets, she smiled feeling calm and content inside.

“Zan I do love you, I loved you before the changes, and seeing all that you’ve been through these past six months makes me so proud of the man you’ve grown into, but I’m done being reckless with my heart, and my life for that matter.”

Speechless he just stared at her in disbelief, never imaging this outcome as she continued on.

“There's no doubting the fire between us, it's a level of passion I’ve never felt with anyone before, it’s dizzying, beyond explosive, there is no comparison. I melt when you touch me, and as amazing as that is, the truth is that last night was the first night we’ve spent together in six months.”

Clamoring for answers he steadied his hands between the counter and dining room table blown away.

“What do I have to do to get you to forgive me, I don’t understand what you want.”

Shaking her head she gazed out at the gorgeous view overlooking the valley as a brand new day emerged in all it’s beauty.

“It’s not about forgiveness, and it’s not about showering me with extravagant gifts, proof is not what I need Zan, I believe that you love me, and I forgave you long ago.”

Breaking down, his eyes welled with emotion, surprising her.

“Than what… what is it that you want?”

Closing her eyes, feeling the bright sun on her face, happiness filled her heart realizing that she finally knew the answer to that question.

“I want… a life of no regrets, a life where my convictions, my feelings matter. I’ve seen you twice in six months, and while all this is impressive, it doesn’t mean that we really know each other well enough to marry.”

Faintly in the distance she could hear her cab pulling up the winding driveway before beeping a few times to let her know it’s arrival.

Walking to the door she turned around slowly.

“What I want is to start over with you, for us to really get to know each other. I want time Zan, time for us to both be sure that we’re doing this out of love, and not fear, or loneliness, or even that incredible fire we share… this is how I feel, and nothing will change my mind, my days of being careless are over, I don’t need them anymore.”

Giving him a soft kiss on the cheek she took off down the driveway smiling, truly happy, maybe for the first moment in her life.

With her fingers on the handle of the cab door she heard him yelling for her as he ran down to catch her.

“Liz, are you busy Saturday night, because, I’d like to take you out, on a date, a normal date, dinner and a movie, or whatever you want to do."

He was sincere, it was clear, his ego that he used as a shield was gone, he really heard her, understood her, even admired her. The respect was there, she felt it, and it was awesome, better than any orgasm could possibly be.

Tilting her head to the side after tossing her purse and shoes in the cab she shook her head.

“Actually I have plans Saturday... but I’m free on Sunday.”

Giving her a single nod, he smiled wide, growing more enamored with her than ever before.

“Sunday it is.”

Looking down at the cabbie that was clearly losing his patience, she beamed brightly back at him.

“Goodbye Zan.”

Stepping back he raised his hand, letting her go, knowing that for her, he had all the time in the world.

Watching her drive away disappearing into the cannon, he glanced down at the diamond still in his hand.

‘Someday Liz Parker… someday.’

~ the end ~

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Careless (UC,Z/L,ADULT)*Complete* chpt 15 9/4/15

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Surprise, surprise.....you are back Carrie. Glad your bad summer is over and that you are writing again.
Now pops the question, and Liz says NO. Wasn't expecting that!
But it is a great idea for them to start over.......and I love the idea of a proper date.
I don't know if I am ready for this story to be complete, but thanks for coming back to us,
Carolyn
Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Natalie36 »

wow :shock:
AlysLuv
Addicted Roswellian

Post by AlysLuv »

Glad you're back. I was also suprised this was the end and that Liz said No. But I can see her point to it too. Hopefully things ended up working out how Zan imagined. 8)
sarammlover
Addicted Roswellian

Post by sarammlover »

NO??? She said NO??? But perhaps this leaves the story open for a sequel called Not Careless???? Carefree??? I thought the ending was super hot but left me wanting more....I know, I know..patience..Great job!