When She's With You - M/L/Z, AU - Chp 12 & 13 Posted 7.20.18

This is the place for you to post fanfiction for all of the unconventional, out of the norm in the show's realm couples. In other words, any stories focusing on couples not listed under conventional couples, and anything featuring slash pairings.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, jbangelo, truelovepooh, Erina, Forum Moderators

keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: When She's With You - UC, M/L/Z, Adult - Chp 5 11.20.17

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Poor Liz, she's confused.........especially after the Max kiss.
Then fun and games with Zan........what is she going to do???
Thanks,
Carolyn
Dreaming In Purple
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Dreaming In Purple »

Howdy guys. I was chatting with my beta ZanEnthralled and she got me inspired to make some Zan art. So I did. This is what came out of it.

I'll post chapter 6 soon. I'm writing the newest part, chapter 14, and don't want to stop while the inspiration is still flowing. I'll be back soon.

Tues
Diana28
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Diana28 »

Where is the sixth chapter? This story is awesome! :D
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Loved your Liz/Zan art........will you be able to make more for us???
Last edited by keepsmiling7 on Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dreaming In Purple
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Definitely :D He's my inspiration so I'm always looking for pics that look like him, and if I can't find any I just make them. So I'll post them as I make new ones. I used to have a lot of pics and banners, but I lost them over the years. I'll have to rebuild. I'm happy you like the pic. It actually reminds me of my DMartinez's story, The Augur. Liz has braids in that story and this looks like them perfectly.

Thanks Carolyn
Dreaming In Purple
Enthusiastic Roswellian

I'm sorry for the major delay in posting. I'm posting the next 8 parts pretty closely together. So keep an eye out. We'll see what happens after that.

Feedback is always appreciated.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Chapter 6
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Lonnie walked into the front room looking for her two siblings to tell them it was time for dinner, but neither was there. She went to Max’s room and popped her head in the door looking for him, but his room was empty. She was about to knock on Zan’s closed door, but stopped when she heard Liz’s name spoken. She was curious, so she started listening, trying to hear what they were talking about.

~~~
Zan was sitting on the floor, leaning against the wall, strumming his guitar. Max laid across Zan's bed, staring up at the ceiling. They were trying to talk about what had just happened with Liz, but neither was really in a talking mood.

“Zan, I kissed her,” Max threw out there. There, he’d said it.

“I know,” Zan said not looking up.

“You know? How,” Max asked him.

“I was walkin by, and I saw,” Zan shrugged.

“Oh,” Max said, not really sure what to say. When he walked in and saw Zan on Liz, and the unmistakable desire in their eyes, he felt like something had hit him in the chest. He’d wanted the ground to open up and swallow him. Liz wanted to be with Zan, you could see it. So, how had Zan felt when he saw them kissing? “She accused me of playing games with her, and doesn't think I was being honest when I told her how I felt. She kinda got mad at me, and left,” he said, playing with a loose string in the blanket.

“She did?” Zan said, looking up at him. “I thought she was enjoyin it. It sure looked like it to me,” he said, going back to strumming his guitar.

“I thought so too, at first. But, she got scared, and pushed me away. Kinda like what she did with you,” Max said, looking everywhere but at Zan.

Zan looked up at his brother. He could see how uncomfortable Max was talking about this, and he couldn’t blame him. It felt weird as hell to Zan too. Brother or not, he didn’t want to hear the intimate details about Max’s relationship with Liz. But, they needed to fix this tension between them. He laid his guitar aside, and focused his attention on his brother. “Max, we gotta find a way to deal with this. How the hell are we gonna be able to share Liz, if we can’t even admit we jealous of each other. I’m Jealous! There, I said it,” he said, running both hands through is spiky hair.

“I know exactly what you mean,” Max said, falling back on the bed scrubbing his face with his hands. “G*d, Zan do you know how it felt seeing her with you. I thought I was gonna explode. I mean, it was like I’d been kicked in the gut,” he said, remembering it clearly. He blew out a long breath, finally relaxing a little.

“Max, when I saw yall kiss, it was like something was squeezin' my chest. I felt like punchin the fuckin' wall,” Zan said, the image of Max kissing Liz branded in his brain. “Look Max, I know we can’t be all possessive with her if this is going to work, but… I mean, I don’t want you to get hurt, and all… but, I really want her to want me.”

Max was looking at Zan now. “So, are you saying you want to call it off now? Do you want to let her choose, and may the better man win?” Max asked.

“No… I’m saying, even as pissed as I was, I could see that it looked right. It's like yall fit together perfect,” Zan said dropping his head back against the wall, hating to admit it.

Max understood what Zan was saying. Zan could see the connection between him and Liz, and he was worried she would choose Max. This was as close to being insecure as Max had ever seen Zan.

“You know what, Zan? Even though I wanted it to be me in there with her just now… she looked right with you. You guys have this chemistry that’s undeniable. When I see her with you, it’s a given that the two of you should be together,” Max admitted, to make Zan feel better. Many times he’d felt outshined by his brother when in the same room with Liz. Max was the quieter of the two, and Zan seemed to shout, even when he wasn’t saying anything. Max thought Zan was crazy to be worried Liz would choose him.

“So, do you have any ideas how we can deal with seeing each other with her? Cause I don’t want to keep freaking out when she’s with you,” Max said. He had no clue how to not be jealous when Liz was with someone else.

“I don’t know,” Zan said, trying to think of a solution. “But, Max, it’s not like I don’t ever want her to be with you… it’s just, I really want her to be with me.” Zan frowned trying to figure out how to say what he meant. “I mean, maybe if I was there, and knew she was still mine, it might not be so bad... Maybe,” Zan tried to explain.

“I think I get it, what you mean...” Max could see that Zan was trying really hard to make this work out so everyone was happy. It was odd, but in his own way, Zan was often the peacemaker of the family. Max never realized how far Zan was willing to go to keep his family together. “But Zan, don’t you think it might be kind of weird? I mean… If you were there, and I was there, where would my hands go... wouldn't yours… be in the way? G*d, I can’t believe I’m having this conversation,” Max said covering his face in embarrassed disbelief.

“Eeewww,” Zan said, totally disgusted. “Sorry bra, but No! Not happenin! Just, no,” he said, with a disgusted shiver. He was shakin his head trying to rid it of thoughts of accidentally touching parts of his brother that could be in the way.

“Ok, good, I just wanted to make sure,” Max said, relieved to know he wouldn’t have to worry about bumping into his brother at an inopportune moment. “So, what? We try not to see each other when we’re with Liz? That would be hard cause, we’re together all the time, and besides, it would feel like I was sneaking around.”

Zan sighed, and thought about it for a while. “Look, let’s just give it some time. You know, get use to da idea. Maybe we’ll stop gettin so upset after awhile. Besides, none of what we say will make any difference. Cause, Liz is so pissed right now, she might never talk to us again,” Zan said looking down at his hands. He remembered how angry Liz looked when she left, and felt ashamed of himself.

“Yeah,” Max agreed. “I know why she would think I was playing around with her, but I don’t know how I can convince her that I wasn’t. She’s special. I want her to know it. I’m just going to have to show her.”

“I didn’t mean to jump her like that,” Zan said, thinking back to their wrestling bout. “It just sorta happened. I mean one minute she’s doing her little dance thing, and the next she’s pinned under me. And she just looked so damned good.” He sighed, remembering Liz’s face as she pushed him away. “She probably thinks I was trying to screw her right there.”

All of a sudden, the door swung open and Lonnie walked in looking pissed. “What’d yall do to Liz,” she said, hands on her hips and glaring at her brothers. She looked like she was ready to kick someone’s ass.

Both Max and Zan jumped when the door opened. They both had that ‘Oh Shit!’ look on their faces.

“Lonnie, how long were you listening,” Max said, his eyes darting over to Zan, then back at Lonnie. She didn’t miss this either.

“Long enough,” she said, her eyes narrowing. “Now, answer me. What’d you do,” she asked again, not letting him change the subject.

“Lonnie, don’t be bargin all up in my room, acting like you da’ shit. Get the fuck out!” Zan said pissed.

“I know yall both did somethin to Liz, and I’m gon find out what. Don’t be fucking with my friends,” Lonnie said pulling out her cellphone before walking out of the room, leaving behind two relieved and pissed brothers.

Max gave a Zan look that said, ‘We almost got caught’.

Zan said, “I know.”

They both just sat there thinking about what would have happened if Lonnie found out what they were trying to do and she told Liz before they did.

Max let out a breath. “Zan, we gotta talk to Liz. Soon.”

“Yeah.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“G*d! I can’t believe they'd do this to me,” Liz said in tears. She was on a three-way call with Lonnie and Maria.

“Liz… babe… calm down. What’s wrong?” Maria tried to talk over her friend’s distraught tears.

“Hey girl, take a deep breath. Tell us what happened,” Lonnie said.

Liz wiped her face and tried to calm down, but every time she thought of Max and Zan making her feel like a slut, tears started falling all over again. All the way home she had been so hurt and angry. How could they think so little of her? It would have been bad enough if just one of them had done it, but for both of them to do it was just… G*d! Did they have a bet going to see who could get her in bed the fastest, or something? Did she seem like she was willing to be the next meaningless conquest? She took a deep breath and tried to calm down long enough to explain.

“I kissed Max…,” she said too ashamed to tell them the rest.

“Ok, babe, but why does that have you so upset?” Maria asked trying to understand what happened.

“Liz, did something else happen,” Lonnie asked, sensing there was more to the story.

Liz was ashamed to say it out loud. “About 20 minutes after, I almost kissed Zan,” Liz said. Guilt ate at her, and the silence that came across the phone wasn’t.

“Say something! G*d! I already feel bad enough as it is!” Liz said, beating herself up about what happened.

“I knew they’d done something to you! Damn it,” Lonnie said. She sounded like she was ready to storm off and beat her brothers bloody. “They’re always fuckin around, man! Why can’t they just leave my friends alone!”

“Lonnie, hold on a minute. Liz, tell us what happened. How did all this happen so fast,” Maria asked, trying to process what they’d just heard.

“I don’t know. That’s just it. I didn’t mean for any of it to happen. I mean… Max and I had finished our project and we were sitting on the bed talking about his family… and the next thing I know we were kissing…. And when I pulled away, he was like he gets sometimes. You know, when he likes a girl and is trying to win her over. You know what I'm talking about?”

“Yeah, I know what you mean,” Maria said.

“Yeah,” Lonnie said. “He starts saying sweet things and looking all deep into their eyes and stuff.”

“That’s exactly what happened. I got mad and I told him not to play around with me like that, and I left. I came in the kitchen and was talking to you and your mom, remember?”

“Yeah, but you didn’t say anything was wrong. You should have told me, Liz.”

“I didn’t want to talk about it in front of your mom. And I just wanted to forget about it and have things to go back to normal,” Liz said. Something she didn’t think was possible now.

“I get it, babe,” Lonnie said.

“Ok, so what happened with Zan, Liz? You didn’t explain about that,” Maria said, bringing the others to back on topic.

“Well, a few minutes after that I went to play a game with Zan in the living room, and everything was cool. He got mad cause I beat him, and was teasing him, like I always do. And the next thing I know he tackles me, and starts tickling me and holding me down… Then something changed, and we would have kissed but… I pushed him away. When I looked up, Max was standing in the hallway watching us. I was so mad at both of them, I just left and came home,” Liz said feeling confused by it all.

“So, that’s what happened,” Lonnie said sounding like she understood what was going on.

“What, Lonnie?” Maria asked.

“Liz, after you left, I heard Max and Zan talkin bout you. I knew they had done something, but they wouldn’t tell me what happened.” Her eyes narrowed and she shook her head when she thought about her two dipshit brothers screwing up her friendship with one of her best friends, because they couldn’t control their ‘urges’.

“What’d they say,” both Maria and Liz asked. She had their curiosity piqued.

“I think it was bout Liz being so pissed at ‘em that she wouldn’t eva talk to eitha of ‘em again. And I think I heard Max say he was serious, and you ain’t like nobody else, or somethin like that. And Zan said he didn’t mean to jump you. I was listenin through the door, so I couldn’t hear so good. I knew they did somethin. I’m sorry, Liz. I told ‘em not to mess with you no more.”

“G*d, I can’t believe I let myself get pulled in by those two. I mean I’ve seen what they’re like with girls, but I fell right into the role of groupie without even realizing it. Was I giving off signals saying I wanted it? Do I have a sign on my forehead saying ‘Easy’ or something?” Liz said, berating herself.

“Liz, you are not easy. Get that thought out of your head right now, Elizabeth Parker. You were not asking for anything.” Maria tried to stop Liz from blaming herself for what happened.

“You guys… it felt like what happened with Shawn, all over again.” Tears again spilled from her eyes as she remembered what happened to her 3 years before.

~~~

The summer before her freshman year of highschool, Liz’s family moved from Albuquerque to take over a small restaurant in Roswell, The Crashdown, leaving everything behind trying to make a new start. She didn’t know anyone when she first arrived and had felt lonely and out of place until she’d had an unexpected run in with this odd girl one day.

She had been sitting in a booth reading a book, when out of nowhere this girl jumped into the seat across from her, and said “Shhhh”, then ducked down from view. Not five seconds later at tall skinny guy came running in looking really mad. He looked all around for a minute then turned and ran down the street.

Liz looked under the table and said, “You can come out now, he’s gone,” to the girl hiding there.

The girl sat up and looked around to make sure it was safe, then turned to Liz and smiled. “Thanks, he was really pissed this time.”

‘I guess this happens often’ Liz thought. “What’d you do,” she couldn’t help asking.

“Aww, he’s just mad cause I showed a picture of him naked to his crush, Sarah Andrews, and she laughed cause he’s got a mole on his ass,” the girl said with a dismissing roll of her eyes. “He’ll get over it. Hey I’m Maria. I’ve never seen you around here before, are you new?”

Liz’s mouth had fallen open in an embarrassed smile at the unexpected turn in the conversation. “Um, yeah, we just moved her a few weeks ago. I’m Liz, Liz Parker” she said shaking hands.

Just then the tall boy that was chasing Maria before returned and immediately spotted her.

“Uh oh, he’s back,” Liz said watching the guy walk in and stalk over to their booth.

Maria didn’t have time to hide and before she could run he was standing over her menacingly.

“Give it back, Deluca,” he said glowering at her and holding out his hand.

“Oh, all right,” she said reaching into her back pocket. “You don’t have to get all hyper about it, Alex. Geez.” She pulled the picture out, but didn’t hand it to him. “Don’t you think he was cute, Liz,” Maria said holding the picture out for her to see.

It was a little boy, maybe two or three years old running through a yard naked, and yep right there on his left cheek was a little black mole.

“Aww,” Liz said gushing over the picture that was immediately snatched away.

“Ma-ri-a,” Alex said through gritted teeth. He was beet red and fuming.

“Oh, chill out. It’s just a baby picture, Alex,” Maria said. “Alex this is Liz Parker. Liz, Alex Whitman,” she introduced.

“Hey Alex,” Liz smiled up at him.

“Hey,” he grumbled and sat down next to Maria.

“Aww, Alex. It’s a cute picture. Don’t be embarrassed,” Liz said trying to sooth his wounded ego.

“Yeah, yeah,” he returned looking down at the table, but she could see the smile he was trying to hide.

“Hey, Liz we were going to the movies just now, do you want to come,” Maria asked with a hopeful smile.

Liz’s eyebrows shot up in surprise. “Yeah, that’d be great,” she said excited.

The three of them had hung out all night and had become the best of friends. By the time school started, Liz wouldn’t feel quite so out of place anymore. They were all starting the same school together, so she wouldn’t be the odd ball with no friends that she thought she’d be. At least she knew a couple of people.

On the first day of school, she had been standing at Maria’s locker talking about their classes when she saw a serious hotty heading their way. That cocky smile, those sparking brown eyes, the way he walked, she should have known that he was a bastard right then, but no, she thought she was ‘In Luuuv’.

“Maria, who’s that,” Liz said melting against the lockers.

Maria turned to see who she was looking at. “Who?” she said not seeing anyone special.

“Maria, that guy coming towards us. Right there, the hot one.” Liz pointed him out to her friend who obviously needed to get her eyes checked.

When Maria realized who Liz was talking about she frowned in disgust and rolled her eyes. “Eww, that’s my cousin Shawn.”

“He’s your cousin?” Who would have thought Maria was related to such a hunk. “Maria, you have to introduce me. Please, please, please,” she begged.

“Liz, he’s a creep. I can’t stand him. I promise you, you don’t want to meet him. Our whole family thinks he’ll probably end up in prison. I’m amazed he even made it to his senior year,” Maria said in disgust.

“Maria, please, he can’t be that bad. Just an introduction, that’s all,” Liz said as she watched the hunky Shawn Deluca approach.

“Fine, but don’t say I didn’t warn you,” Maria said before turning and calling out to her bum of a cousin.

“Maria, you actually acknowledged I exist, man will wonders never cease,” Shawn drawled in feigned surprise.

“What ever,” she said totally dismissing his sarcasm. “Shawn this is Liz Parker. For some reason she wanted to meet you.”

Shawn turned to Liz and looked her up and down. “Nice,” He said nodding his head in appreciation.

Liz blushed from her head to her toes and couldn’t control the huge smile that was plastered on her face. “Hi Shawn,” She said shyly looking up at him through her lashes.

Maria rolled her eyes in disgust at the pitiful display.

“Hey, Parker, lookin good,” He said and gave her a sexy half smile.

Maria had had enough. She grabbed Liz’s arm and pushed between the two of them. “There you’ve been introduced. Now let’s go,” she said pulling Liz down the hall.

“But Maria,” Liz protested. “He liked me,” she said looking back at Shawn who was watching in amusement as she was dragged away from him.

“Liz, don’t get involved with him. He’s not worth it,” Maria said finally letting go of her arm.

“Maria, what are you talking about? We were just talking,” Liz said exasperated.

“Liz, I’m telling you, he’s not worth it,” Maria tried again. “He’s a dog. Don’t waste your time on him.”

“Fine, I won’t get involved with him. He probably doesn’t even care anyway. I mean I’m a freshman and he’s a senior, he probably thinks I’m a dork,” she shrugged and looked down the hall again at his retreating form.

~~~

Two weeks later Liz had gone by Maria’s house to hang out. She knocked on the door and waited. At first she didn’t think anyone was home and was about to leave, but when the door opened and there stood Shawn Deluca looking back at her.

“Parker,” he drawled with a lazy smile.

“Shawn! What are you doing here,” Liz asked surprised.

He leaned against the door jam and shrugged. “I came to visit my Aunt Amy.”

“Oh. Well, um, is Maria here,” she asked wishing she had worn a better outfit.

“Nah, they went down to the store for a while. They ought to be back soon, do you want to come in and wait,” he asked thumbing toward the house.

Liz bit her lip feeling unsure about being in the house all alone with him. “Um, maybe I should just come back later.”

“Aww, come on Parker. Come keep me company. Aunt Amy left some pie in the kitchen,” Shawn said with an enticing smile.

“I guess I could stay a little while,” she said still a little unsure.

“Cool.” Shawn moved aside so she could come in and closed the door behind them. “Hey, I’m gonna go get the pie. I’ll be right back.”

Liz sat on the couch and let out a breath. She was a bit uncomfortable being alone with Shawn, but really wanted to get to know him better. Besides he said Maria and her mom would be back soon, so she wouldn’t be alone with him to long.

She turned on the tv and flipped channels finally deciding on Mtv, when Shawn plopped down on the couch next to her and placed a Chocolate Mud Pie on the coffee table with two forks. He smiled at her and stuffed a heaping forkful of pie in his mouth. He made a face that said it was delicious and smiled. When she didn’t move to taste it, he nudged her elbow. “Have some, Parker, this is good.”

Feeling slightly guilty for eating the pie right out of the tin, Liz went ahead and tasted it. The pie was so creamy and sweet. It melted in her mouth. “Mmm, that is good,” she agreed reaching for more.

They continued eating and watching tv for a while and when Nsync’s Pop came on TRL Liz started bopping to the beat and said, “I love this song. I think JT is way cuter that Justin. I just love his hair.”

“Aww man. How can you like crap like this. Boy bands suck! They don’t even play any instruments,” Shawn said with a disgusted curl of his lip.

“Oh, you’re just jealous. I bet if you had the chance to be in a boy band you would jump at it,” she said still dancing to the song. She started tossing her head to the beat when the guys went into their dance routine, so was totally taken by surprise by the pillow that hit her in the head.

She turned to look at Shawn like ‘What the hell’ and he had this mischievous grin on his face. “Hey, you looked like you were having a conniption fit. I had to do something.”

Liz grabbed a pillow from behind her and whopped him upside the head with a ‘Take That’ glare. His eyes got big like ‘She hit me!’. He just looked at her for a moment then, the next thing she knew his lips were attached to hers and he was pushing her back into the cushions of the couch.

To say that she was surprised was an understatement, but after a moment she tried kissing him back. Shawn wrapped one hand in her hair, and Liz felt her head being pulled back, baring her neck to him. He sucked and kissed his way down to her breasts and quickly lifted her shirt, removing the obstacle in his way to expose her small breasts. With both hands, he kneaded her breasts roughly, still placing wet kisses on her neck. Liz placed her hands on his shoulders to push him away, but he pressed her down onto the couch and slipped between her legs. His hips immediately grinding his erection into her.

Liz knew things were going too far. What he was doing kind of felt good, and she was flattered that he liked her like this, but he was moving too fast. She wanted to stop.

She felt her bra being pulled aside and a moment later his mouth covered her nipple sucking hard. Her body arched up, automatically as pleasure shot through her body.

“Shawn, wait,” Liz said as the realization of what was about to happen hit her. One of his hands slipped between them and unbuttoned her shorts, then immediately slid down into panties beneath.

“Shawn, stop,” Liz breathed, and pressed against his chest. It felt good, but she wanted to stop. 

He returned to sucking on the sensitive skin of her neck and his hand moved lower, sliding into her moist folds and rubbing small circles. “Mmm,” was all he said and again began grinding his hard length into her through his jeans.

“Ahhhhh...” Liz whimpered. Summoning her resolve she pushed hard against his shoulders and said, “Shawn, stop! It’s too fast. I want to stop.”

Shawn nuzzled behind her ear. “Come on, Parker. You got me all hard and you feel so good,” he said and added a little pressure to his ministrations. Liz couldn’t stop her hips from rolling in rhythm with his strokes, or her back from arching up off the couch. She had to stop now or she wouldn’t be able to. Reaching down, she pulled his hand out of her pants and pushed him off her. “Shawn, I said No!” She stood up and began straightening her clothes.

“G*d, what’s the fucks the matter with you! You come in here giving me all these signals, and then act like you don’t want to! I hate it when girls do that,” Shawn said pissed off.

“I wasn’t giving you signals! I was just sitting there and you jumped on me! I never asked you to stick your tounge down my throat,” she tried to defend herself.

“You know what, screw you. You’re not worth the trouble! I can get any girl I want without all this hassle.” With that he got up and walked to the bathroom, slamming the door behind him.

Liz felt so stupid. She had actually liked him. And all he wanted was to screw her. Maria had tried to warn her, but she hadn't listened. Feeling tears beginning to sting her eyes, she left and ran home feeling dirty, and used. He basically said she was asking for it. Was she really giving him signals that she wanted to have sex with him? She promised herself right then that she would never let a guy do that to her again.

~~~

“Ohhh, Liz… I’m so sorry,” Maria said, knowing what Liz had gone through with her despised cousin.

“Liz, it’s ok. Don’t think like that,” Lonnie said. Lonnie and Maria had to try to stop Liz from blaming herself for what happened, knowing she would beat herself up over things that were out of her control.

“You know the thing that hurts the most about it? They were supposed to be my friends. We’ve all been close for so long, how could they think so little of me? G*d, it hurts. It really hurts,” Liz said with tears falling again.

“Chica, I’m so sorry. It’s going to be ok,” Maria tried to sooth.

“Liz, listen,” Lonnie said, hesitantly. “Don’t get mad, ok. Just hear me out.” Something told her that Liz was looking at this situation through a filter from the past, and maybe she could see things differently if they talked it through.

“Go ahead, Lonnie. I’m listening” Liz said.

“I don’t think neither Max or Zan meant to hurt you,” she said waiting for Liz to blow up at her.

“What,” Liz said sobering at her friend’s words.

“Liz, I agree with Lonnie,” Maria added in.   “Let's look at the facts, ok? You were telling me earlier how both of them had started flirting with you. Remember?”

“Yeah,” Liz responded, her voice sounding unsure.

“Well, babe, maybe they both were just trying to show you they like you. And it happened around the same time, because you were at their house. That’s what it kind of sounds like,” she paused again still expecting Liz to go off on them.

Lonnie picked up when Maria left off. “Liz, like you said, they’re your friends. We all are. You know Max and Zan. Do you really think they were tryin’ to use you? Have they ever been disrespectful to you like that? Could all of this have just been a misunderstanding?” Lonnie asked.

What they said made sense. But it was so hard to believe that both Max and Zan would want to be with her as but friends. There was nothing special about her. Why her? What if they had planned it, and were just trying to get her to sleep with them… But like Lonnie said, that didn’t sound like the guys at all. She just didn’t know what to think.

“Guys…,” Liz started. “I… I just don’t know,” she said sniffing, and wiping away her tears away.

“Babe, I know I warned you to be careful, but Max and Zan aren’t Shawn,” Maria said. “They have never treated you like he did.” Maria reasoned. “So, maybe take what happened at face value. Maybe both of them actually do like you.”

“Guys, I’m so confused,” Liz said.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
TBC...
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: When She's With You - UC, M/L/Z, AU - Chp 5 11.3.18

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Poor Liz.......she is confused over Max and Zan.......
Then Shawn is on the scene......forcing himself.
What will Liz do???
Thanks,
Carolyn
Dreaming In Purple
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Thanks for the feedback Carolyn :D I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Here is the next chapter. I will post chapter 8 immediately after. I'd love to hear what you all think. Feedback is always appreciated.

8)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Chapter 7

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Dude!” Kyle greeted Max as he stepped out of his red Mustang, and walked over to the Jeep. “You ready to embarrass East for even daring to show up at our house tonight?” he asked, hyped about the big game coming up that afternoon.

“Hell, yes,” Max said, pounding Kyle’s fist.

“Does that mean you got your shit together then?” Kyle challenged, looking skeptical of Max’s bravado.

“Yes, mother,” Max joked. “Man, I’m focused and ready,” he said, crossing his arms over his jersey clad chest and relaxing back against his Jeep.

“Hey, Guerin. Zan.” Kyle nodded to the guys lounging in the front and back seat.

“Sup,” was all he heard from Zan, who had his seat laying back so he could rest his sunglass covered eyes.

“Valenti,” he heard from Michael’s general direction, because Michael was laying across the back seat with one leg hanging over the back of the jeep. If he hadn’t spoken Kyle would definitely have thought he was asleep.

Alex walked up looking bright and ready for the day. “Good Morning. Isn’t it a beautiful and glorious day for learning,” he said with a grin.

“Man, you are just too happy for 7: 48 in the morning,” Kyle said checking his watch.

“What can I say, life is good,” Alex said, still grinning like the Joker.

Rolling his eyes, Kyle turned back to Max. “The coach asked me if I thought you were up to starting tonight, cause of how off you were yesterday.”

“And you said…”

“I said, ‘Everybody has an off day occasionally, but you’d be straight by game time.’ I wasn’t wrong, was I?”

“Kyle, come on, man! Lay off! I’m ready. I am! I will keep my mind on the game, and I won’t get distracted, ok? Just chill! I got it under control,” Max said, frustrated with the continual harping.

As he said this, Maria’s red Jetta pulled up on the other side on the aisle and parked. With effort, he kept his attention on what Kyle was saying instead of looking to see if Liz was in the car.

“Just making sure. We’re a team, Evans. If your flow is off, my flow is off. I gotta keep you in check.” Kyle said holding his hands up in surrender.

Max reached into the back of the Jeep and tapped Michael on the head. “Maria’s here.”

Michael sat up, and stretched his arms over his head. He let out a big yawn, before he hopped out the back of the Jeep, and walked over to the Jetta. They all watched as Maria stepped out of her car in her cheerleading uniform, and smiled at Michael. He pulled her into a hug, and leaned her back for a steamy good morning kiss. There was no doubt how those two felt about each other.

“Watching them is just sickening,” Kyle said rolling his eyes.

“Whatever. You wish you were gettin it on a regular basis like that,” Alex teased.

The passenger door opened and Max tensed, until he saw it was just Lonnie. But when she stepped aside and held the door, his stomach twisted in knots. Liz’s white tennis shoe stepped out followed by a firm, tanned leg. Then she was standing there, dressed in her extremely short cheerleading uniform that only covered half of everything. The skirt ended maybe two inches below heaven, as did the long-sleeved top, which was really only half of a shirt. With her hair up in a high pony tail, Liz looked like forbidden fruit, all sexy, and innocent at the same time.

“Dayum!” he heard from the Jeep.

Max turned to see Zan looking over his shoulder, with his sunglasses pushed down to the end of his nose. At Zan’s sharp intake of breath and grimace, Max looked back in time to see Liz leaning back into the car, making her extra short skirt rise even higher. She pulled out her bookbag, then slung it onto her shoulder.

Liz turned to Lonnie and said, “Well, let’s get this over with.”

“Don’t worry, Lizzy. We got ya covered.” Lonnie called out to Maria, who was still wrapped up in a now very awake Michael. “Hey, Re-Re, let’s go.”

Maria disentangled herself from her very unhappy boyfriend, and checked her face in the mirror. “Sorry, babe. I’ll see you later,” she said, giving Michael a quick peck goodbye.

Lonnie and Maria kept Liz between them as they walked toward campus, but they had to pass the Jeep on the way into the school. Alex walked up to the girls with his arms out wide, expecting hugs. “Ladies! Looking beautiful as always,” he greeted them with a smile.

“Hey, Alex,” both Liz and Maria chimed, and gave him a hug.

“Mornin, Alex,” Lonnie said, trying not to smile too hard.

When Max walked up, and tried to talk to them, all the cheerfulness disappeared. Maria put her arm around Liz’s shoulders, Lonnie put her hand in his face, and the three of them turned, and walked into the school without a word. Max’s eyebrows shot up, suprised. But when Liz glanced back at him, before disappearing into the school, he understood what happened. Liz didn’t trust him.

“Aww, Man! Dude, that was cold! What’d you do,” Alex asked, wincing at the dis Max just received. When Max just glared at him, Alex held up his hands in retreat, and said, “Sorry I asked.” Shaking his head, he turned and followed the girls into the school.

“Uh-oh! You’re in the dog house, Maxwell,” Michael said, referring to the evil glares that Lonnie and Maria had sent. “Hey, Zan, you coming?”

“In a minute,” Zan said, and motioned toward his brother. Michael nodded his understanding, and headed into the school.

“Oooo, that was harsh, man,” Kyle laughed, slapping Max on the back, before turning on his car alarm, and heading into the school.

Max turned to Zan, who had watched the whole thing play out, and was no help, at all.

“She’s really pissed, Zan.”

“Yeah, I saw that,” Zan said, pushing his shades back up, and getting out. “We screwed up. We gotta fix it,” he shrugged. “But, boy am I glad it wasn’ me,” he teased, throwing his arm over Max’s shoulder and pulling him toward the school.

“Hold up,” Max said, and turned back to the Jeep. He reached behind his seat, and pulled out the box of biology supplies he and Liz had used the night before. “If I forget to turn in our assignment, she might literally kill me,” he laughed, and they headed to school.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

3rd Period Theater Arts

Mr. Reardon had the cast going over the lines for the scene just after Tony and Maria first met. Liz was trying to pay attention, because she had lines in this scene, but her thoughts kept wandering over to Zan. He and a few other from wood shop had come in not long after the class started, and were working on the sets. He kept glancing in her direction, and looked like he wanted to say something to her. Seeing that look again now, she turned her attention back to Mr. Reardon, and tried to listen to his directions.

“Ok, Enrique, you need to really come across with an air of superiority. Bernardo is the leader of the Sharks, he’s proud, and he’s Maria’s big brother, so when he sees her kissing his enemy he really lords his authority over her. Got it,” he said then turned to Liz.

“Now Liz, Rita is feisty and holds her own against Bernardo. She stands up to him and tells him how silly he acts and catches his exaggerations. She’s Maria’s best friend and sees her side of things. She thinks that Bernardo is just trying to use Maria’s kiss with Tony as an excuse to start a fight with the Jets. So, you need to really give him attitude, okay,” he told her. Liz nodded.

“Ok, you two go over your lines together. Don’t worry about the accents right now, I just want you both to get the banter down first, we’ll work on the accents later.” With that he stood up and went over to the guys playing Riff and Tony.

“So, you want to read it out loud a couple of times, and tell each other what we think, Ricky,” Liz asked.

“Yeah, I guess,” he said looking her up and down, giving her a sleazy smile.

“What,” Liz asked frowning. He was acting weird.

“You look good in that uniform. You make me wanna lick-lick-lick-lick ya from ya head to ya toes,” he sang waggling his tongue at her.

“Ewww, don’t be gross,” she said leaning as far away from him as she could in the auditorium seat. “You know what, never mind. Um… I gotta go… um to the bathroom,” she said jumping up and made her way out the side door of the auditorium to the women’s bathroom.

She looked at her reflection in the mirror wondering, ‘When did I become such a skeeve magnet?’ As far as she could tell she was the same old Liz she’d always been. ‘I’m so sick of guys making me feel like crap.’ Deciding she was over all the drama, she growled, “Assholes!” slamming the door open.

“So, you gonna to talk to me, or you just gonna to keep ignorin me all day,” Zan said. He was leaning against the wall outside the bathroom waiting for her. Liz stopped short when she saw him. She stared at him for a second considering his question.

“You know what, I think I’m gonna keep ignoring you,” she said, and turned back toward the auditorium.

“Liz. Liz wait,” he said, trying to catch her before she got back inside. “I’m tryin to apologize,” Zan said pushing the door closed, so she couldn’t run away from him. Liz stopped trying to get away, but kept her hand on the handle.

“I’m sorry. I didn’ mean to disrespect you last night. I wasn’… I wasn’ tryin to force myself on you,” he said feeling remorse over how he made her feel. “I swear, I didn’t mean for that to happen.”

Zan was ashamed of his actions last night, and was determined to let her know He would make her do anything she didn’t want. He waited for her reaction, but she didn’t say anything, she still wouldn’t look at him.

“Liz?” With the side of his finger he lifted her chin, so he could see her eyes. He’d expected her to go off on him, or give him more attitude. Those kind of things he could deal with, but when he saw the hurt and mistrust in her eyes, it stung. “Liz, I mean it. I’m sorry,” he said letting his fingers brush her cheek. “I would never hurt you.”

Liz let her eyes fall away from his again. It would be so easy to just let go of her doubt, and let the butterflies in her stomach overcome her doubts, but something inside wouldn’t let her. She was afraid of what he made her feel.

“Zan, where is this coming from all of a sudden? Why me?” She asked. She wanted to trust him, but she just couldn’t.

Zan stepped closer, looked into her eyes, and told her the truth. “Liz, it’s always been you.”

The bell rang signaling the end of 3rd period.

Liz blushed, but didn’t understand what he was talking about. “I don’t know what to say, Zan.” She stepped away to go back inside the auditorium, but Zan put his hand on hers to keep her from leaving.

“You could say you still cool wit me.” He ducked his head to try and see her eyes, because she kept trying to avoid looking at him.

With a sigh, Liz relented, and smiled a little. “Yeah, we’re still cool,” she said half-heartedly. He was glad that at least she didn’t seem to be as hurt and angry as she was before. He decided to try and push his luck.

“And you could say, you still goin with me after the game tonight,” he said, that half smile she was used on his lips.

Liz wasn’t ready to go to some party with Zan, or Max either. She needed some space so she could think, and figure things out. She shook her head. “I don’t think so, Zan. I think I’m just gonna pass on the whole thing.”

“Come on, Liz. You said we cool,” he poked out his bottom lip in a pretend pout, trying to make her smile. “We’ll have fun, and maybe roast marshmallows, or whatever people do at bonfires. I promise, I’ll be the perfect gentlemen,” he said, crossing his heart and trying to look innocent.

Liz had to laugh. He always knew how to make her smile and feel better. She rolled her eyes, but smiled. “Alright, fine. But, Zan, you better be good. Seriously.”

Zan’s innocence didn’t last long as he said, “How good you want me to be?” His double entendre made her laugh.

“You are so stupid. I’m leaving now before I’m late,” she said smiling, as she left to get her books.

Zan let out a breath when she was gone. He smiled to himself, glad Liz had forgiven him. He deflated a little when he wondered how Max planned to make things right with her.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

TBC…
Dreaming In Purple
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Please let me know what you think after reading. I need the encouragement :)

I hope you enjoy.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Part 8
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Hey, Maria, did you notice that a certain tall brunette and a guy friend of ours have been smiling a lot more than usual today,” Liz teased, pretending as if Lonnie wasn’t leaning against the wall just two feet away.

“Yeah, now that you mention it, I had noticed that.” Maria turned from the mirror to send a knowing smile toward Lonnie, who had all of a sudden become extremely interested in her nails.

Both girls stood looking at Lonnie expectantly, but it soon became obvious she wasn’t going to tell them anything with out a fight.

“Well,” Maria said, cocking her head to the side mock impatience. “You know we aren’t going away so, you might as well spill it now… or are we going to have to take drastic measures,” she said ominously. She and Liz shared mischeveous grins.

Lonnie looked up at them, with a hmpf and returned to grooming her nails.

“Okay, you asked for it,” Maria sing songed. “Liz, I was watching The Iron Chef the other night on the food channel and saw this great new recipe for a fish stick frittata. Don’t you think Diane would love it if we came over and showed her the recipe,” she said sweetly.

“Mmm, sounds delish,” Liz nodded, rubbing her stomach and making lip smacking noises. “That has beans in it right?”

“Yeah, and jalapenos all mixed together.” Maria and Liz knew they’d won when they saw the disgusted grimace that crossed Lonnie’s face after that last embellishment.

“Aight, aight!” Lonnie said holding up her hands to keep them from implementing their inhuman torture. “Ya don’t have ta get crazy and all, sheesh.” She shivered in revulsion thinking about the last frittata her mother had experimented with. “Nothin happened, ok.”

“Uh Uh, that’s not what that look on your face last night said,” Liz tattled. “Maria, you should have seen her, she was all dreamy and smiling. Something definitely happened. Spill woman.”

~ ~ ~

Alex ran up to the lunch table frantic. He was glad the girls weren’t there yet, at least now he’d get a chance to ask for help before Lonnie showed up.

“Dudes, does anybody know how to play the drums?” He looked around hopefully but was met with bewildered frowns. Michael was glaring at him with his usual disdain, Kyle and Max both looked amused and worried for him, and Zan just shook his head.

“What are you talking about,” Michael asked from across the bench.

“He’s supposed to be teaching Lonnie how to play the drums,” Max answered for him with a snicker. “But it looks like he can’t even play himself.” Laughing he turned to Alex shaking his head. “Alex, how’d you get into this one?”

“It’s a long story,” he sighed and sank onto the bench as he began.

~ ~ ~

“Ok, ok,” Lonnie sighed. “I went over to Alex’s house after school yesterday.” Seeing their wondering frowns she answered the question she knew they were thinking. “I wanted my picture back,” she shrugged. Maria and Liz gave each other disbelieving looks but said nothing.

“Anyways,” she continued, giving them attitude in return. “So when I walked up, Alex was sittin in his garage, practicin by his self. He was really into his song, so I just watched him and listened. You guys, he can really play,” she said seriously. “I mean he was putting out some funky sounds and was just jammin wit the music,” she said bouncing to the song she was remembering. “I didn’t want to disturb him when he was so into to it.

Maria nudged Liz while they listened to Lonnie tell her story and nodded discretely, to point out how excited the usually cool and intimidating girl seemed. Liz’s eyes widened in agreement, before returning her attention to the intriguing development unfolding before them.

~ ~ ~

“I was practicing in my garage yesterday, when all of a sudden I look up and Lonnie’s standing there watching me. I was caught off guard at first, cause I didn’t know she was there, but I was totally surprised when she started smiling and giving me applause. I thought she’d still be mad about her picture.”

Alex turned and slapped Kyle on the back of his head. “Thanks for that by the way,” he said with a glare.

“Hey, violence solves nothing,” Kyle laughed and rubbed his head.

“So, she’s like ‘You sound good’ and stuff and starts plucking at my guitar strings. I’m telling you I thought it had to be a setup, cause no way was Lonnie standing in my garage, complementing me, Me , on my music,” Alex said still looking disbelieving even now. “Then she asks me to play her a song!” He looked incredulous, like it was just unbelievable.

~ ~ ~

“When he noticed me watchin, he quit playin, but I was enjoyin it, so I asked him to play me a song.” She smiled when she remembered the song Alex played for her. “Yall know what he played,” she asked rolling her eyes with a smile. Liz and Maria shook their heads, totally enjoying Lonnie’s almost giddiness. “Rock Your Body,” she laughed and shook head. “He even started singin it!”

“I was surprised that he picked that song, but then while he was singin, it was like he was trying to tell me somethin. You know what I mean,” she said with raised eyebrows and continued on. “At first I was like, no way is he flirtin with me, but he was! So I was like, ‘Oh ok, two can play that game’, and I started dancing to the music.”

~ ~ ~

“So did you,” Kyle asked, really interested in Alex’s escapade.

“Yeah,” Alex answered shaking his head and staring blankly at the table, still in shock at the memory.

“So… what’d you play,” Max prompted also enjoying the story.

Alex closed his eyes like he was ashamed to even say it. “Justin Timberlake’s Rock Your Body,” he said and braced himself for what he knew he was going to hear.

“Justin Timberlake?!” he heard repeated in disgust from around the table.

“Dude, come on,” Michael shook his shaggy head. He too was getting interested in the tale.

“I know, I know, but it seemed to fit the moment,” Alex defended himself.

“Whadaya mean,” Zan chimed in curious.

“Have you guys ever listened to that song? I mean like listened to it,” he asked with a knowing look. They all nodded their approval when they realized what he meant.

“So what did she say,” Kyle asked.

“Nothing,” Alex shook his head with a sigh.

“Nothin,” Zan repeated incredulously. That didn’t sound like his sister.

“Nope, she didn’t say anything. She just started dancing,” he answered reverting back into his dazed state. “That woman is going to kill me, one way or another,” he said closing his eyes to remember it more clearly.

The guys all just looked at him and laughed. Max and Zan nodded at each other knowingly. Yep that sounded like their sister. Poor Alex.

“So what does all this have to do with you needing to learn how to play the drums,” Michael questioned.

~~~

“No you didn’t,” Maria said, her mouth falling open in shock at her friend’s bad behavior.

“So, what did he do,” Liz asked wanting to squeal with happiness for her friend.

“He messed up a few times and forgot the words when I started runnin my hands all ova and licken my lips,” Lonnie said with a satisfied grin. “I started moving around playin with the other instruments and spinning around in the drummer’s seat. You know, just to tease him a little,” she shrugged. “When he got to the end, I started tappin the cymbals with my nails and we were both jammin and movin… It was cool, yo,” Lonnie finished nodding with a smile.

“So…, then what happened,” Maria prompted.

Lonnie sighed and relaxed back against the wall again. “Nothin happened. That’s it. I tried to tell you. It was no big deal,” she said shaking her head and going back to examining her nails.

“Come on Lonnie. You said he asked you to join The Whits, so something had to happen,” Liz pressed.

~ ~ ~

“Well, see she started playing on the drums with me at the end. We were really sounding good for a minute, ya know. And since Dave broke his arm and quit we need a drummer. And Dude, she looked so hot sitting there.” Alex stopped and turned to Max and Zan, his eyes wide with worry. “No offense guys,” he said afraid to offend Lonnie’s two brothers that would probably break him in half if he mistreated their sister.

“None taken, Alex,” Max said with a roll of his eyes and a smirk.

“Bra, ya need to be more worried about Lonnie than us,” Zan chuckled and just shook his head. Alex nodded dumbly in agreement then continued on with his story.

“So, since she seemed to fit the set so well and we’d been jamming so well together…, I asked her to be the drummer for The Whits,” he finished dropping his head to the table.

“But Lonnie don’t know how to play the drums,” Zan pointed out.

“That’s what she said, and that’s when I said I could teach her,” Alex said banging his head against the table for his stupidity.

“Ohhhh,” was chorused around the table as understanding finally dawned on all of them.

~ ~ ~

“Fine,” Lonnie huffed. She knew they wouldn’t leave her alone until she divulged all the details of what happened.

“He said ‘It was cool jammin wit me’. I said ‘We should do it more often’. He said ‘The Whits need a new drummer and that I should try it’. I said ‘I don’t know how to play the drums’. He said he would teach me. There are you happy now? Ugh! You guys are killin here,” Lonnie rushed out and threw her hands up in frustration.

Liz and Maria tried to stifle their laughs at Lonnie’s exaggerated frustration, but were doing a poor job of it. Liz nudged Maria and nodded at her to get her attention. She turned to Lonnie with a straight face and asked, “Lonnie did you ever get around to asking for your picture back?” She cracked up when Lonnie’s mouth snapped closed and her eyes got wide as she realized she’d totally forgotten the reason she went over there in the first place.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

5Th Period

“Thanks for helping me deal with my twisted life, Ria’,” Liz said as they walked to her locker between classes.

“No problem, babe. What are best friends for,” Maria said with a smile and slung her arm around Liz’s shoulder as they walked. “So, what are you going to do this period? You know with Max being your lab partner,” she asked, as they stopped in front of Liz’s locker.

“I really don’t know,” Liz sighed as she worked the combination. “But I’m not going to let him get to me though,” she said more to convince herself than Maria.

When she opened her locker to grab her biology book, she stopped, surprised. Tucked inside the cover of her book was a long stemmed, red rose with a little card tied to it.

“Aww,” Liz half heard from Maria over her shoulder. She smiled knowing exactly who it was from without having to read the card. She pulled out the rose and smelled its sweet fragrance. When she turned to Maria with a soppy smile and Maria knew that Liz was a goner.

“So, I guess you’re not mad at Max anymore,” she said with a smirk. Maria shook her head, smiling at her two adorable friends. She had to give it to Max; he sure knew how to knock a girl off her feet. “I’ll see you later, babe. And I’ll want to see what’s on that card later too,” she said chuckling to herself as she went off to her class.

Liz wasted no more time and read the card.
Liz, I meant every word I said.
Please come talk to me.
I’m waiting for you in the band room.
Max
Liz was surprised. She hadn’t expected him to ask her to miss their class. She bit the side of her lip as she thought it through. She didn’t think they were doing any experiments today, and she could always borrow someone’s notes. Making her decision she grabbed her book and put the rose back in her locker, then headed off to her class.

When she reached the room sure enough Max wasn’t at their work bench. It was hard to keep the smile off her face, but if she wanted to put on a good show to get out of class, she was going to have to. She took a deep breath and walked over to Mr. Henderson’s desk.

“Mr. Henderson, I’m not feeling too good. I think I need to go to the nurse’s office,” she said holding her stomach and trying to look as sickly as she could.

“Really, Ms. Parker? Your lab partner just said the same thing a few minutes ago. What’s wrong?”

“I got an unexpected visitor,” she whispered, wrapping her arms around her stomach and trying to look embarrassed to say it.

“Oh goodness! Um, go ahead, and I hope you feel better,” he said dismissing her and handing her a hall pass.

“Thanks,” she said and turned back down the hall with a smile. ‘Works every time.’

A few minutes later Liz was standing outside the band room doors with her beautiful rose in hand. But now that she was actually here it was hard not to be nervous. Was she really about to have a secret rendezvous with Max Evans? She thought about what he’d said last night, and all the reasons she shouldn't go inside. Even though she of getting hurt… Liz wanted to be closer to him too.

Hoping that he really was as sincere as he seemed to be, she opened the door and peeked inside. She was glad that at least there wasn’t a class full of people sitting there looking at her like she was crazy. Taking a calming breath, she walked inside, and there was Max, sitting on a desk across the room waiting for her.

Liz was struck by how handsome Max was in his football jersey and jeans.

“I was worried you wouldn’t come,” he said as he stood and came toward her with one hand behind his back.

“You kinda made it hard to resist,” she said, blushing a little and sniffing the flower again. “Thank you, it’s beautiful.”

“Your welcome,” he said feeling a bit bashful himself. “I remembered that you like white roses later so, I got this for you too,” he said pulling a beautiful white rose from behind his back and holding it out to her.

Liz totally melted. “Aww, Max! You are so sweet,” she sighed taking the rose and brushing it against her lips. “Thank you.” Her cheeks darkening even more as she finally looked into his warm eyes.

Max was glad that Liz was smiling at him again. He’d been so worried that she wouldn’t give him a chance to explain what he was trying to tell her last night. Having to hold his feelings in check for so long, he had gotten pretty good at hiding how he really felt about her, but now that he didn’t have too, he wanted to shower her with all the attention he’d given her from afar. He just hadn’t planned on Liz thinking he wasn’t being sincere. He really the reputation that followed him around.

He'd liked Liz from the first time he’d met her, but Zan had liked her too, so they both backed off. But it didn’t really matter, because Liz hadn’t seemed interested in either of them anyway. After a while he had resigned himself to believing that Liz would never see him as anything other than her ‘Good Friend, Max’.

It had been torture watching her go out on dates with other guys and him never getting to be one of them. Liz had even gone out with Kyle a couple of times. He’d been so jealous, but what could he do? He didn’t want to hurt Zan and Liz was free to date who ever she wanted, she just never wanted him. Having basically given up on the idea of ever being with her, he had started dating casually, never really getting serious with anyone.

Somehow, he’d gotten a reputation of being a lady’s man, which bothered him, considering he hadn’t done much to earn it. He’d only had a couple girlfriends, Pam and Tess, but those relationships hadn’t lasted long. He guessed that was how it started.

When he was with them, he never felt the way he always thought being in a relationship was supposed to feel. Instead he’d felt trapped, and things had ended quickly.

And he wasn’t sex crazed like people believed. For some reason even girls expected him to want sex from them all the time. He wanted more out of a relationship than just sex.

He didn’t liked people thinking of him that way, but that didn’t seem to matter. The reputation had grown, and now he was dealing with the repercussions of it. Liz didn’t trust him, and she believed he might try to use her. The reality was that she was the only girl he ever really wanted to be with. He knew it wasn’t going to be easy to convince her of that, but he was going to try.

“Max, I’m sorry about this morning. I didn’t mean for the girls to treat you so badly. They were just trying to look out for me,” Liz said feeling bad for their treatment of him this morning.

“Don’t worry about it Liz. I understand. That’s kind of what I want to talk to you about.”

Max sighed and tried to collect his thoughts and his courage before telling her what he’d been dying to say. Liz looked up at him and noticed how nervous he was. He had his hands in his pockets and couldn’t stand still. He didn’t seem at all like the confident, playful guy she was used to.

“Liz, I…I’ve wanted to be with you for a long time… I just couldn’t ever tell you how I felt. And I really do want to be closer to you, but…” He dropped his eyes and chewed on his lip for a moment, thinking about how she’d reacted after his kiss last night. “I don’t… I don’t think that you really trust me.”

“I’m not the guy that everyone thinks I am. I want to show you,” he said, looking up at her with vulnerable eyes. “Will you give me a chance? I want to show you what you really mean to me?”

“But, I’m not trying to rush you,” he continued before she could answer. “I mean… I want you to take your time, and see for yourself that…” He shrugged. “That I’m not playing games with you.” He finished his heartfelt confession and held his breath, waiting for her answer.

Butterflies were fluttering through her insides and no matter how hard she tried to hold it in, Liz couldn't stop smiling. Max was so impossibly sweet! She wanted to just forget all the things that had her crying last night and believe every honey covered word he said. But she remembered so many times watching him romance girls then get tired of them quickly. It was like he enjoyed the chase, but wasn't satisfide once he'd gotten his prize. She didn't want to be his next conquest. But, God he was hard to resist.

“Max, you’re right... I don’t completely trust that I’m more than just your latest infatuation. I want to trust you, but... I’m afraid to. Thank you for understanding that I need time to think about this.”

She stepped closer and took his hand. “But Max…” she said looking into his beautiful eyes. “I do want to be closer to you.”

His warm hazel eyes softened and he visibly relaxed. The smile that she’d been missing returned and he seemed more himself again.

“You do?” He lifted her hand to his lips and kissed her fingers. Liz nodded, and turned her hand to cup his cheek. He kissed her palm. “I’m glad,” he said, holding her gaze.

Liz sighed, what was it about Max and her fingers? His warm breath felt so good against her skin. Her eyes were drawn to his soft lips. She swallowed and moistened her own. She wanted to kiss him.

Max’s eyes fell to her lips when her tongue peeked out. He wanted to pull her in close and press his lips to hers, but he’d just said he would give her time to see that he wasn’t out to have sex with her and leave. How would it look if a minute later he was trying to shove his tongue down her throat?

“Max, maybe I should go,” Liz said. Her breathing seemed to be faster for some reason. Her lips parted as she tried to catch her breath.

Max nodded, agreeing that it was probably a good idea for her to leave. But he wasn’t ready to let her go.

Somehow the small distance there had been between them was all but gone. He could feel the warmth of her body so close to his. His eyes lifted to hers, and he the corner of his lips lifted in a half smile. Liz looked as effected by him as he was by her. Her eyes were heavy lidded as she leaned in closer. Max gave in to his feelings, and pulled her close, capturing her lips in a burning kiss.

Liz pushed her doubts away. She didn’t want to be afraid right now. Her arms slid around his neck and she surrendered to the feeling of being surrounded by Max’s powerful arms.

Max’s his soft tongue caressed her lips, begging permission to taste the sweet treasures hidden inside. She opened to him and a moan escaped when she felt his velvety explorations. He pulled her closer, leaving no space between them, his hands tightening their hold on her warm skin. Holding her felt so good.

Was this real, because he could very possibly just be dreaming that Liz was now exploring his mouth as he had been hers, and her scantily clad body was responding to his touch in ways that caused him to ache.

His hands moved across her back, caressing the soft, warm skin beneath his fingers, trying to memorize the feel of her. If this was a dream he didn’t want to forget how delicious she tasted, or the soft noises she made when he kissed her. But he especially wanted to remember the feel of her body pressed against his.

Liz’s treasured roses fell to the floor, forgotten when his searching hands began causing the most delicious tingles everywhere he touched. Her fingers slid into his soft hair, and she wriggled against him trying to quell the breathtaking sensations he was causing. She felt like she was on fire.

A groan escaped from deep inside Max when she moved against him. When she began wriggling against his already heated body, he felt like he was going to explode. They had to stop before he started acting on the thoughts that had just jumped into his head. He wanted a lot more than just a kiss now, and he was afraid he’d do something that would make everything he’d just said seem like a lie.

“Liz…” He pulled away from their kiss and closed his eyes, trying to slow his racing pulse and get his unruly flesh to obey. “I think you better go now,” he whispered through gritted teeth.

Liz buried her face in his neck trying to clear her suddenly fuzzy mind. “Yeah… I think that’s a good idea,” she said breathing hard, but noticed he hadn’t relinquished his hold on her. She looked up and saw Max’s eyes pressed shut and his jaw tensed. “Max, are you ok?”

After a moment, he nodded. “Yeah… I’m ok.”

He finally released his hold on her, but she noticed he still had his eyes closed. His hands were now balled into fists at his sides, like he was trying not to grab her again. Liz tried to not to smile, but couldn’t help it, nor the satisfaction she felt having caused such a strong reaction in him. When he finally opened his eyes, he saw Liz standing there looking extremely amused.

“What’s so funny,” he asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Mm… Nothing. Nothing at all,” she evaded. “I’m gonna go now,” she said, backing toward the door.

She gave him a wicked smile as she backed away. Her gaze drifted over him from head to toe, and lingered on the evident bulge in his jeans, and then back up to his now shocked eyes. She was glad the tension that had built between them had gone away, and was feeling playful with him again. She’d missed it. With a not so innocent grin, she turned to leave.

Max was shocked at her bold teasing, but he just smiled and enjoyed it. Just before Liz made it to the door, he noticed the roses he’d given her lying on the floor. Knowing why they were there, he felt his own moment of satisfaction before he picked them up and called out to her.

“Liz!”

“Yeah?” She turned back and saw Max, looking very amused himself now, holding her flowers. Liz flushed with embarrassment.

“You forgot these.” He held them out for her, and smiled at her knowingly. She shook her head and retrieved her roses.

“Thank you,” she said with a rueful smile, biting her lip and feeling happy that he was teasing her again.

“Bye, Max,” she said over her shoulder as she walked away, giving him one last look before she walked out the door.

“Bye, Liz.”

Max sighed as he stood alone thinking about what had just happened. A dazed smile covered his face. Running a hand through his hair, he thought, ‘Wow!’

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

TBC…
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: When She's With You - M/L/Z, AU - Chp 8 Posted 4.13.18

Post by keepsmiling7 »

WOW is right. Every girl should have a Max/Zan problem. Or should they??
Someone is going to get really hurt, and I don't like that.
Liz teasing Max was so cute......and embarrassing for Max........
Lonnie learning to play drums........that must be a real challenge.
Thanks,
Carolyn