Winter's Chill (UC,L/Z,Adult) *complete* 1/15/16

This is the place for you to post fanfiction for all of the unconventional, out of the norm in the show's realm couples. In other words, any stories focusing on couples not listed under conventional couples, and anything featuring slash pairings.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, jbangelo, truelovepooh, Erina, Forum Moderators

keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Winter's Chill (UC,L/Z,Adult) chpt 10 8/3/15

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Thanks for the review Carrie. Now I realize I need to go back and read from the first, I had forgotten a lot of the important details.
Thanks,
Carolyn
AlysLuv
Addicted Roswellian

Post by AlysLuv »

Yayyy an update. Thank you! JeeZ, this must be some secret aye? ♡ wish he would open up already.
Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Natalie36 »

zan should have punched ben
sarammlover
Addicted Roswellian

Post by sarammlover »

Whoa....just read this whole story from start to finish. WOW. Whoa. I am in utter shock at the revelations already. I had a feeling Max wasn't at fault. I am curious to see why the hell he took the blame. Did he not want to tarnish her name? Was Katie driving and Zan didn't want her to die AND be at fault? A lot of questions still to be answered. And how in the heck did Ben find Liz? I hope we will get an update soon!
Hugs, Sara
Liz86000
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Liz86000 »

I just LOVE this story! I can't wait to read what's going to happen next!

A lady's imagination is very rapid.--Jane Austen.
AlysLuv
Addicted Roswellian

Post by AlysLuv »

:D
debbyin
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by debbyin »

Bump - I'm dying to know what Ben wants with Liz. I hope she doesn't give Zan reason to feel insecure, or hurt him. I would hate for his 'inner protectors' to kick in and shut him down emotionally again. And the mental visual of a shirtless, barefoot, and jean clad Zan walking through the house lusting after Liz? Just scrumptious!!!
:shock: :twisted:

"Well, clearly being tall, dark, and intergalactic is still a draw for the ladies." - Kyle
(Second Chances - femmenerd)
Tashchen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Tashchen »

Holy update, Batman!

my favorite line...

“Let’s try this again, who the fuck are you?”

I got chills, Carrie...and they're freaking multiplyin'!

:D
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Winter's Chill (UC,L/Z,Adult) chpt 11 9/5/15

Post by jake17 »

Carolyn
AlysLuv
Natalie
sarammlover
Liz86000
Debby
Tash

Thank you so much for the fb, so appreciate it, I agree with Natalie!

Chapter eleven

Moving aside letting Liz face Ben, Zan fumed inside, just seeing her reaction was painful, riddled with insecurities he took every second they were together as a threat.

Moving into the kitchen not trusting himself he began pacing restlessly, his fist tight by his side hearing the faint conversation going on at the front door.

“Ben, why are here, how the hell did you even find me?”

She was keeping her voice as quiet and calm as possible knowing that Zan was nearby, while he was obviously in the forefront of her mind, she couldn’t help being curious as to what Ben could possibly want after all this time.

“I talked to your mom, she gave me the address.”

Rolling her eyes she couldn’t believe her mother, Liz told her a million times to just stay out of it, but her dream of her daughter marrying a doctor, even a cheating, lying doctor was important for reasons that were lost to Liz.

Looking her up and down, noticing the day and night changes in her Ben smiled leaning closer.

“You sure have changed, your hair it’s so bohemian, you look like a hippie, and since when do you listen to Led Zepplin? Don’t get me wrong I like it, you were always wound so tight, it’s good to know that you’ve loosen up, you really look beautiful Liz.”

Her back tensed almost feeling Zan’s fury, that was his tee shirt she was wearing, something he loved that she did, this was not going well, she had to do something, and fast.

It was at that point she heard the back sliders slam shut, he had already left, and without telling her.

Now very angry she faced Ben just as the Chinese delivery guy came.

Having to pay the guy Liz had no choice to motion for Ben to come inside.

Taking over Ben grabbed the food while pulling out a twenty from his pocket, “Keep the change.”

Stunned Liz waited for the guy to leave before spinning around to face him more than ready to throw his ass out the door.

“What the hell? Ben I don’t know why you came here, but I need you to leave, now.”

Shaking his head, he removed his glasses cleaning them on the tale end of his button up shirt that peaked out through his pastel sweater.

“No, not until we talk, I crossed the country to face you Liz, I’m not just going to leave without sitting down with you, we shared seven years together, we were engaged, you owe me at least twenty minutes of your time.”

Laughing Liz shook her head. “I owe you! Did you forget that it was me that put you through med school, only to find you in bed with Claire, my best friend!”

Lowering his head he flinched unable to dodge that bullet, it was true, all of it, every single word.

“You’re right Liz.”

Ready to go at him again, not expecting him to actually admit blame, she quieted down still getting over the shock of seeing him.

He had changed too, once a laid back surfer with long blonde hair and clothes that never matched, he stood before looking very mature.

He had a crew cut, and stylish glasses that replaced contacts, instead of floral board shorts he wore beige cargo pants, not to mention the pastel plaid sweater over his oxford button up shirt and loafers.

Taking her hand he led her to the dining room table, “Listen I realize I should’ve called, showing up like this, well it wasn’t very fair, but I was afraid you would refuse to see me.”

Looking over the food he shrugged giving her a lopsided smile, “I think your ‘friend’ has gone, there’s no need to let all this food to waste, I see you got our regular Friday night dinner, let’s just sit and talk. I promise afterward I will leave, you won’t even have to go through the trouble of throwing me out.”

Shaking her head she reached for her cell worried about Zan. “No, this isn’t a good idea, you shouldn’t be here, we have nothing to talk about.”

Placing his hand on her arm he gently encouraged her to sit with him.

“Please Liz, just give me five minutes of your time.”

Gripping the phone in her hand she wanted to text Zan, wanted to tell him to come home, but Ben kept interrupting her.

“Fine, five minutes.”

Sighing he leaned back in the chair taking his time while inspecting her house.

“So you actually bought this?”

“Ben!”

Throwing his hands up in the air he relented. “I’m sorry, I just can’t believe you went from living in LA to hicksville USA, I mean Maine? Seriously Liz? Do they even sell sushi in this town?”

Slamming her cell down she rushed to the door. “That’s it, I need you to leave now, this was a mistake letting you come inside. Ben I have nothing to say to you, my life is here now, end of story, the rest is none of your business!”

Standing Ben walked slowly up to her running the back of his hand down her long silky straight hair.

“Liz I made a huge mistake, I was nearing the end of my internship, the stress was unbearable, the hours I was working left me barely able to think straight. Claire and I ended it immediately after you left, I’ve changed, I’ve gained a position at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. All your hard work paid off, my head's on straight now. I want the family we always talked about, it’s all I dream of, you’ll never have to work another day in your life. In three years I’ll be established enough to buy you that dream house on the beach you obsessed about. Think about it Liz, is what you have here worth throwing away a relationship that lasted seven years of your life? I can give you everything you want, all I’m asking is what we’ve always planned for, come back with me, marry me. I’ve never stopped loving you, and I know you still love me, four months doesn’t erase nearly a decade together.”

Stepping back away from his hand that held the tips of her hair, Liz’s voice fell to a whisper as all the pain that led her here came rushing back.

Please, just go. Whatever we had you destroyed when you fucked Claire. I could never trust you, god, I hardly feel like I know you anymore. Goodbye Ben.”

Shocked by language that he never heard come out of her mouth in all their years together, he took out a business card from the hotel he was staying in, throwing it on the table, with his cell, and room number written on the back.

“I’ll be in town for the rest of the week, please just think about what I said. Liz, hurting you will haunt me for the rest of my life, it was a stupid immature desperate act of a boy afraid of becoming a man, but I am that man now, and I want more than anything to be the husband you deserve.”

Looking back at the old rustic farm house he caught her eyes. “Liz we both know this isn’t you, it’s a vacation from the hell I put you through, if you really think about it, in the long run, could you really be happy here?”

Struck by his words, Liz faltered a bit as seven years of memories rushed through her mind.

“Everyone misses you, your work, friends, family, but especially me. Your life, is in California, it’s been your home since you were a child, it’s where you belong. Listen, just give it a few days, digest what I’ve said, if you decide to come home just call me. I’ll be here, no questions asked.”

Backing out the door, staring at her, understanding now more than ever just what he gave up, he realized that he wasn’t going home without her, no matter what he had to do, she would change her mind.

Hearing his rental car fly down the narrow dirt road, Liz rested her forehead against the door feeling completely blindsided.

It was too much, it was an entire lifetime of memories that she had managed to push out of her head for almost four months, to think of what she left behind and all that she had now was too much to handle.

Staring out into nothing she sat at the dining room table for at least fifteen minutes wondering if all this was an escape, a way out of a problem she couldn't deal with.

What she realized in those fifteen minutes was that it didn't matter what her reasons were for coming to Maine, she was in love, a love like nothing else she had ever experienced before, it wasn't Ben she needed to talk with, it was Zan.

Her first concern was getting Zan back to the house, back home with her, the house felt empty without him, so did her heart.

Her calls went straight to voicemail, so she sent him a text, short and sweet, and right to the point, telling him how she truly felt, for the very first time.

Please
I miss you
I need you
come home Zan
I love you

Feeling his phone buzz in his back pocket, he went to reach for it just as the bartender placed two shots of whiskey in front of him.

“We both know it’s her, just hold off for five minutes. If you truly care for her, hear me out Zan.”

Closing his eyes as the booze burned a trail down his throat, he glared at the full bottle in front of him tapping the bar, signaling for another as the young doctor began to talk.

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare
Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Winter's Chill (UC,L/Z,Adult) chpt 11 9/5/15

Post by Natalie36 »

is that ben talking to zan what the frig is going on :shock: