Winter's Chill (UC,L/Z,Adult) *complete* 1/15/16

This is the place for you to post fanfiction for all of the unconventional, out of the norm in the show's realm couples. In other words, any stories focusing on couples not listed under conventional couples, and anything featuring slash pairings.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, jbangelo, truelovepooh, Erina, Forum Moderators

roswell3053
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Winter's Chill (UC,L/Z,Adult) chpt 7 3/13/15

Post by roswell3053 »

Wow!!!! I just found this story, and it is awesome. I can't wait for more. Hurry back soon!!!
Check out my fic.

Unforgettable Nights
HypnotiqBlueEyes
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by HypnotiqBlueEyes »

Carrie,

What an update! Poor Liz did seem so very bored on her date with David! But it appears that Zan appeared with some steamy relief (in more ways than one! :mrgreen: )..... Maybe now those two will stop their avoidance game! Please hurry back soon with more!

-Sarah-
Liz to Future Max: Don't you realize what you are to me... what you're always gonna be? You're the love of my life. Everyone else is gonna be second best. There will never be another you!!! (The End of the World)
Tashchen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Tashchen »

Hi Carrie,

I'm coming out of Lurkdom to say that I love your stories. I've been reading them for a long time and I'm always so impressed with your writing and storytelling talent, and am amazed at how incredibly prolific you are. It's good for me because there is always a great new story of yours to read. And a lot of older stories to re-read.

I was so thrilled to see this new story pop up and have been following with bated breath. You've got me hooked once again, I'm hanging on your every word, your every update. Thank you so much for giving us your beautiful stories. Thank you for this Zan story. Liz and Zan are my favorite couple to read.

This is sizzling. Of course Liz had to give a normal guy a shot, just to say she tried, but damn, did she really think deep down that she would be able to turn away from that insane chemistry or find anyone to come close to comparing? For better or worse she's a goner.

Can't wait for the next part!
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Winter's Chill (UC,L/Z,Adult) chpt 8 3/21/15

Post by jake17 »

debbyin x2
Carolyn
Eve
roswell3053
AlysLuv
saori-1902
Sarah
Tashchen

Wow, thank you so much, your fb means so much to me :)

chapter eight

Disoriented from the mixture of lust tinged with the hazy feeling of vodka rushing through her body, Liz made her way back to the bar and to David.

Her legs were shaky, her body still vibrating from the sheer intensity of her unexpected orgasm, she was barely able to speak.

Trying to appear composed as her heart slammed against her chest she awkwardly smiled attempting to answer David’s succession of questions flying at her.

“Is everything ok?“

“Are you feeling ill?”

“Did something happen to you?”

Working hard to steady her hands she slipped them quickly out of sight, but it was too late.

Zan dominated the room as he walked out, commanding all attention on him, especially from Liz.

With an air of extreme arrogance, he appeared with long purposeful strides through a crowd of people milling around the bar taking notice of him, as he made his way towards the exit.

She could hear David somewhere in the distance, but she was unable to pull herself away from Zan, her mind trapped in the moment of what had just happened.

Unaware of just how disheveled she was; hair mussed, her blouse loose from her skirt, make up slightly smudged along puffy lips, she sat helpless in his wake.

Biting down hard on her bottom lip, Liz braced her back against the stool still feeling his mouth, his tongue lashing against the most intimate secret parts of her, making her feel like no other man had before and he knew it.

It was in the deliberate glint in his eyes, the bold calculated aim of his glare, how he spoke without words, touched her without coming close to her, made her tremble with nothing more than a nod in her direction, it was effortless.

Advancing towards her, head held high, dripping with satisfaction, sinfully sated, he ran his tongue over his lips slowly with vulgar intention just as he passed her.

Liz flinched tearing her wide eyes down to her lap away from him stunned at his actions, her skin rising fast with a pinkish hue as she flushed profusely.

In an obvious judgmental edge to his voice, David hardened his tone, stunned at the very thought.

“Liz? do you know that man?“

After a long silence, Liz tried to shrug it off like it was nothing, but the previous events had left her unable to hold a cohesive thought.

“Not really.”

Avoiding his eyeline Liz adjusted her blouse, while running her fingers through her rustled hair - it was clear she was lying.

“Her flip answer caused a scowl to grow across David’s face as he threw a twenty on the bar.

“Keep the change.”

The ride home was torture as they sat in complete silence, Liz was frozen, still in shock, this wasn’t her, this wasn’t what she wanted, what she crossed the country and started her life over for.

Zan was troubled, possible ill, emotionally unavailable, damaged in a way that could be dangerous, he was made up of a sea of red flags, warning her to stay away… only she couldn’t.

Clamping her legs tightly together she tugged at her skirt feeling the slickness between her thighs, mortified at her actions, she felt outside of herself, as if she were watching someone else’s life.

The harder she tried to rationalize her behavior, the more she realized she was blindly trudging through uncharted territory.

He was like no one she had ever known, and when she was with him, she felt as if she were someplace strange, unworldly.

Like Alice in Wonderland, Liz had fallen down the rabbit hole, where rules didn’t apply, where emotions ran high along the surface, as if everything was heightened, everything about him was compelling her to go further, to seek a truth that maybe was more about herself than him.

Running her fingertips over her lips she could still sense the whiskey that made his world bearable, his choices rash, and unapologetic.

He took what he wanted without care or a worry of repercussions, there was no hesitation in his actions, his crude words were meant to keep her off balance, to shock her senses, leaving her unable to think.

He was gritty, rude, and deliciously raw.

There were no soft edges with Zan, he was all contradictions, and secrets, push and pull, velvet and steel.

Ravaged with deep seeded issues that made him unpredictable and wild, always tipping on the edge of something dark and devious, he was a prickly sultry enigma speaking in riddles and nonsense, all with a keen, maddening way of know exactly how to handle her.

Still, there was something there, beneath it all, small and broken, protected by impenetrable cement walls that were beginning to crack, just for her, only her.

Liz could feel this, like the blood pumping through her veins, it was a fact, he wanted to trust her, wanted to love her, but he was fighting it, disguising it with control, with his mouth and hands, pleasure and pain.

Street lights blurred like sleepy stars grazing by her, flickering in the reflection of her dark ebony eyes, kissed with a flurry of long dark eyelashes casting shadows on the pinkish hue of her cheeks.

She could feel him, dragging her back into this mysterious limbo, the dark woods, the tiny house that was suspended in time, back to a past where he was drowning and at the same time refusing, or maybe even afraid to be saved from.

Startled out of her thoughts when the car came to an abrupt stop, she fumbled for her purse that had fallen by her feet.

Liz failed to notice David’s attention to her long legs, to the deep plunging neckline of her blouse, to the curve of her lips, the slope of her graceful neck as her raven hair slid, like chocolate silk forward hiding her distracted state.

She also missed his growing anger at her obvious disinterest, her outright rejection of him.

Clenching his jaw he jumped from the car appearing at her door, again shocking her, but not to the point of awareness.

“At the very least you can let me walk you to your door.”

So caught up in her muddled thoughts, she nodded despondently, not wanting to be rude, now worried about the impression he could make to her coworkers.

“Sure, I guess, but you know that’s really not necessary.”

Reaching for her hand, coaxing her out of the car, he pressed a heavy hand to the small of her back as he led her up the snowy path.

Her gaze lifted up to his window, imaging the pictures clinging to his ceiling, memories of the person he once was or maybe still could be, if he’d only let himself release the guilt, the pain instead of fighting against it, fighting her.

Dejected, David’s teeth gnashed back and forth as he took her keys right out of her hands.

“David? Wha - “

Slipping the key inside the lock he ushered her quickly inside.

“Just being a gentleman… that is what you’re looking for isn’t it Liz?”

It all happened so fast, her reflexes slowed by alcohol, she stumbled further into the dark living room as he calmly closed the door behind him.

“David, I know the evening didn’t work out, but that doesn’t mean that we can’t be friends. We should talk this over Monday, we’ll have lunch in the cafe at work.”

His demeanor had completely changed, it was as if she was standing before a completely different person as he approached her with venom curved along his thin lips.

“I just want to give you some insight into the trash you obviously have been involved with back at the bar.”

Leaning against the door with his hands shoved in the pockets of his khaki pleated pants he shook his head disapprovingly.

Her jaw dropped at his language, suddenly the conservative, proper, physician was showing his true colors.

“David - “

Holding his hand up in front of her, it continued on.

“Alexander Evans is a murderer, a convicted criminal. Honestly Liz I expected more from you, but then again you are new to this town, still … you would think his appearance alone would be a clue. Did you not notice the way everyone in the bar was staring at him? I had no idea he was back in town, he’s not welcomed here, and he knows it. I heard that you bought his parent’s house, and maybe that’s how this all started, but Liz I’m giving you a piece of advice, stay away from him. Rethink the error of your judgment, something like this could destroy your reputation, not to mention jeapordize your position at the Hospital.”

Visibly upset Liz charged up to him grabbing the doorknob, forcing him out of the way.

Shivering as the icy breeze from outside rushed over her, Liz held the door open, showing him the way out.

“The only error of my judgment was my decision to go out with you. As regards to Alexander, I don’t know the whole story, but I do know this, if that Judge thought he was a danger to anyone he would be behind bars, not serving our country as a United States Marine. Please David, just go.”

Liz’s eyes were like daggers watching as David hesitated briefly before clicking his teeth. “Ask him what happened that night Liz, maybe then you’ll change your mind. Either way you’ve made a mistake tonight, one that you’ll soon live to regret, I promise you that.”

Slamming the door after him, Liz stared out the window fuming as his Mercedes disappeared down the tree lined driveway.

“Don’t worry Liz, Davey Benson doesn’t have the balls to bad mouth you at work, your job is safe.”

Sighing Liz leaned her forehead against the cool glass of the window realizing that Zan was there the entire time.

Turning around quickly she looked around the room until she made out the outline of his body in the shadows between the kitchen and the living room.

“What a second, you know him? Back at the bar, in the - “ Embarrassed Liz stumbled over her words before quickly recovering. “ - you acted as if you had no idea who he was. Remember questioning me on what he did for a living… you knew all along.”

Zan shrugged slightly before emerging from the dark into the moonlight filtering through the curtains.

“It’s a small town Liz, he was six years ahead of me in school, he can’t make a move without daddy’s permission, and the last thing his father wants is a scandal involving his golden boy with a girl that may or may not be involved with the town’s dark secret. Davey won’t breathe a word of this, he’s a spineless bully, all bark and no bite. Trust me you’re ok.”

Angry Liz began pacing back and forth wringing her hands in frustration.

“So what was that back at the bar, some pissing contest? A way of getting back at the people of this town for shunning you? Because if you were just using me - “

“No.”

Slipping seamlessly into her arms he lowered his mouth to her ear as his cold hands slid around her waist drawing her close.

Shaking her head, she braced her hands against his hard stomach trying to push him away.

"No, I know what you're doing, it's not going to work this time. If you can't tell me the truth then I can't - "

"Just... just wait."

Zan was struggling, fighting against his better judgement, against the tools that he had relied on to survive all these years.

In any other instance he would run, cut off all ties, knowing that the risk never was worth it, that no one could ever understand him.

He was a ghost in this world, alone, especially now, only he didn't feel that way with her, and for that reason he couldn't just walk away.

"I can't do it Zan... I can't let someone do those things, be with me without - "

"Liz ... just stop..."

His voice was but a whisper, words forced from a man who was vulnerable, and hardened at the same time.

“When I’m close to you... it all just fades away… the accident, the trial… my time in the desert, all that was lost… everything that I can never get back… it’s like… I can breathe again.”

Curling his fingers around the fabric of her shirt, he pressed her tight against him before releasing her completely to back away into the shadows once again.

Shit

Fuck

It was happening again, the world was closing in on him, his heart was racing, he was shaking, dizzy, he felt as if he was dying, he wanted to die.

“Look, I get it, after what Ben did, this is the last thing you want. So let's just end this before - "

No, don’t do that… you keep bringing me close only to push me away. It’s bullshit, why won’t you tell me what happened that night? What are you so afraid of ?”

Appearing nervous, clearly uncomfortable, as the power shifted between them, he came up to her fast, glaring down into her eyes, his hands shoved hard against the wall on either side of her head.

“I’ve been to war, I’ve seen things you can’t even begin to imagine, and you think I’m afraid of you?”

Her breath hitched in her throat as she stared into his eyes, unwilling to back down.

“I think… you’re afraid to deal with what happened to you. I think it’s easier to let everyone think that you’re guilty, because then you can stay angry, you can hide in their hatred. You think it keeps all that pain away, but it doesn’t.”

Looking away he clenched his jaw as his chest rose and fell against her, doing his best to hold back his temper.

“Liz, please… don’t - “

Skimming her hand up his chest she ghosted her fingertips along a scar on the side of his neck refusing to stop now.

“I can see right through you, and you know it. The accident… it wasn’t your fault was it?”

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

You just keep peeling the layers off this onion of yours, don't you Carrie?
The disheveled Liz that reappeared to join David was in another world......
And Zan licking his lips as he passed her on the way out!
Liz kept ignoring all of the red flags associated with Zan, but could help but be surprised when David knew all about Zan's past.
Now we're left hanging off that cliff........wondering what happened that night of the accident??
Thank you for this awesome story,
Carolyn
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

keepsmiling7 wrote:You just keep peeling the layers off this onion of yours, don't you Carrie?
The disheveled Liz that reappeared to join David was in another world...Carolyn
So long Liz is lying to her-self, she will be manipulated by David who - at the end - showed his real
face, the one of a rich boy who only can have girls because of his money...

But Zan, if she did love him only a little bit, she wouldn't be so emotional and manipulative with him, refusing to admit her feelings for him... and he knows it! :roll:

Love this story! Thanks Carrie EVE :wink: :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
saori_1902
Addicted Roswellian

Post by saori_1902 »

wow! :mrgreen:
debbyin
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by debbyin »

It appears that Liz knows just how to work with Zan's personality. She seems to somewhat understand him, and that makes his attempts at 'survival emotional shut downs' a useless tool where she's concerned. Most of the time she isn't taking his hard edge personal, and by not having that effect on her Zan isn't so sure of himself. That makes him vulnerable so he strikes out in anger. Will he break down and talk about that night? As for her date with David, it is understandable that he would be put out by the way the date took a turn. With his ego hurt he turned arrogant and felt the need to lash out. I know I'm being analytical, I just love this story :D Thank you for the quick update.

Debby

"Well, clearly being tall, dark, and intergalactic is still a draw for the ladies." - Kyle
(Second Chances - femmenerd)
HypnotiqBlueEyes
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by HypnotiqBlueEyes »

Carrie,

Absolutely loved the new part! So we are finally getting somewhere with Liz & Zan ... And we're also getting closer to the truth behind Zan's past! Please hurry back soon with more!!!

-Sarah-
Liz to Future Max: Don't you realize what you are to me... what you're always gonna be? You're the love of my life. Everyone else is gonna be second best. There will never be another you!!! (The End of the World)
AlysLuv
Addicted Roswellian

Post by AlysLuv »

Great update. Glad Liz finally stood up to Zan.