Winter's Chill (UC,L/Z,Adult) *complete* 1/15/16

This is the place for you to post fanfiction for all of the unconventional, out of the norm in the show's realm couples. In other words, any stories focusing on couples not listed under conventional couples, and anything featuring slash pairings.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, jbangelo, truelovepooh, Erina, Forum Moderators

HypnotiqBlueEyes
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Winter's Chill (UC,L/Z,Adult) chpt 4 2/3/15

Post by HypnotiqBlueEyes »

Carrie,

Amazing update! Poor Liz, seems her night of letting go, isn't so fun the next morning! I understand it would be frustrating not being able to recall anything. She needs to deal with all her problems & emotions soon though! As for Zan, he needs to quit holding in whatever is tormenting him. If he has gotten to the point of bruising a female after flipping out, then it's time. I can't wait to see what happens next though & the moment when emotions & wants finally explode! Hurry back with more soon please! :mrgreen:

-Sarah-
Liz to Future Max: Don't you realize what you are to me... what you're always gonna be? You're the love of my life. Everyone else is gonna be second best. There will never be another you!!! (The End of the World)
AlysLuv
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Winter's Chill (UC,L/Z,Adult) chpt 4 2/3/15

Post by AlysLuv »

Ah so the mysteries continue lol 8) I'm very curious :oops:
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Winter's Chill (UC,L/Z,Adult) chpt 5 2/13/15

Post by jake17 »

Eve
Carolyn
Sarah
AlysLuv

Thank you so much for your fb, everything will be revealed within the next chpt, for those interested I'll be posting again within a day or two.

Chapter five

After a long restless afternoon nap full of disturbing dreams of Ben, Claire, and a guy she hardly knew, but couldn’t get out of her head, Liz wandered down the darkened staircase to find another six inches of snow had fallen while she was asleep.

Moving to Maine in February, not one of her finest moments, she admitted to herself as she looked out the backyard through the sliders.

Clusters of white birch trees formed around the tiny path that Zan had walked out from that first night, branches full of white fully snow weighed heavily down towards the ground like hovering ghosts looming over the house.

It was like a dream, eerily beautiful, she had to admit as she slid into one of the kitchen chairs, how the full moon reflected off the snow covered terrain, lighting it up as if it were day, like the Earth was glowing from beneath.

It was desolate, isolating, surrounded by a dense forest for miles, but in a way strangely comforting, it gave her the feeling of being safe, like no one or nothing could find her.

More to the point, if she were to admit it to herself, it prevented her from moving forward, going out into a world where she wasn’t Ben’s fiance, part of a couple, a bride to be.

Whether she was unwilling, or incapable of believing it, the truth was her identity had been wrapped up in him, a frightening notion considering this was no longer true, it left her wondering exactly who she was now, something she’d rather not deal with, at least for today.

Running her fingers through her hair she absentmindedly began to weave a long braid off to the side while sitting with her knees to her chest in her penguin flannel pajamas and her pink fuzzy slippers.

She knew in the back of her mind that she was most likely distracting herself from her own issues, but Liz couldn’t escape the strangeness of the situation going on around her.

Looking up at the kitchen, it was the same as the rest of the house, abandoned, everything in its place, just left behind, including a son who had few explanations and too many dark secrets.

Hearing her stomach rumbling, she realized she hadn’t eaten anything all day, feeling much better from her misguided night of whiskey shots, she grabbed a box of Captain Crunch from the kitchen cabinet and settled down in front of the TV.

“Seriously?”

Her head fell back as the words ‘signal lost’ bounced around the screen seemingly mocking her as if to say... nope, you can’t even have this loser.

Throwing a handful of cereal at the screen Liz noticed something out of the corner of her eye.

Walking slowly up to the bay window that was covered with long hanging white sheer curtains, she pulled them aside to find someone leaning against the house by the front door.

It was Zan, once again looking lost, as if something was missing from the picture in front of him.

Opening the door she yelled out to him, taking a step back noticing that the snow drift was almost up to her knees.

A gust of wind was already cutting through her like a knife pricking her cheeks with icy sleet as she looked down at the back of his head.

“Zan! Please come inside, you’re going to freeze to death.”

As if in another world, Zan glared out to the dirt road that was thigh high deep with heavy snow, his mind a million miles away.

Slowly he turned as she continued to yell over the howling storm that he seemed to be oblivious to.

“Liz? Why are you wearing pjs with little dogs all over them?”

Standing in shock, her dark hair now peppered in white snowflakes she looked down at herself.

“They’re not dogs, they’re penguins, I got them because they're warm, and it's the middle of winter, in Maine, and I thought they were cute… “

Closing her eyes for a moment she fisted her hands by her side before taking a deep breath, to calm herself understanding that he was probably having fun with her, like only Zan can.

“...can we discuss my choice of sleepwear inside?”

Rubbing the back of his neck he looked down and away hiding a wide grin from her before taking one last slug from a bottle inside a brown paper.

Tossing the bag in the snow he made his way up the steps doing his best to act sober.

Standing in a puddle of water beneath his feet, now inside the house, he shivered hard, his teeth chattering dressed in just a black sweatshirt with a hood pulled over his head.

Soaked straight through to the skin he gazed down at her as if he wanted to get lost in her, leaving whatever was bothering him far away.

Another sideways smile crept along his handsome face as he moved towards her.

"You're fucking adorable."

Uncomfortable under the intensity of his stare she busied herself grabbing a towel from the kitchen to throw by his feet to soak up the water.

"You're drunk."

"Yeah, just a little though, not enough to black out, I promise I'll remember whatever happens here tonight."

Sighing at his jab, she nodded, brushing it off. "Good one, stay here, don't move."

"Yes ma'am!" he barked out as if he was addressing one of his old drill Sargent's.

Running upstairs she went through his drawers pulling out a pair of black sweatpants and an old orange and white gym tee shirt that read Lincoln high school in small letters across the back.

When she got downstairs Liz noticed how he seemed exhausted, how heavy bags formed beneath his eyes that kept drifting shut.

Worried she took matters into her own hands and pulled the sweatshirt over his head, doing her best to ignore his body that was closer to perfect than anything she had ever witnessed before.

"You're freezing."

Scoffing he shook the top of his frozen dark hair.

"This is nothing, do you have any idea how cold the nights get in the desert? God damn,my hands would literally be stuck to my gun, I have to shake them loose, before ... "

Zan lost his train of thought either by the amount of whiskey he took in, or on purpose leaving them to stare at each other silently.

His impressively strong arms fell to his sides as he kicked off his boots to reach for his belt quickly releasing the buckle, button and fly inching them down his legs.

Shielding her eyes Liz raised her hands as he peeled his damp material down his thighs.

“Whoa, ok wait just a second. “

Liz placed the clothes down on the end table before turning around with her hands up in the air.

“Ok, go ahead, I’m just going to run to the kitchen and put the kettle on for some hot chocolate.”

Stilling for a moment, staring at her under the influence of many drinks, his cock twitched remembering the aggressive girl from the night before.

“I’m not ten Liz.”

Shoving the canister of Swiss mix with tiny marshmallows back in the cabinet, Liz sighed trying to hold her tongue.

"Well I would make you coffee, but it seems you forgot to get some, like I asked you earlier."

"You know you're even sexy when you complain, how the hell do you pull that off wearing pink furry slippers and pajama's with dogs all over them? "

“They're not dogs... "

Bracing her hands on the kitchen sink she reached for the canister above the stove, realizing how stupid she sounded arguing with him about penguins and dogs.

"Fine, tea then.”

Throwing his wet jeans across the room despondently, he reached for the sweatpants.

“I’m not sick Liz.”

Raising her eyebrows she shut the stove off muttering in frustration at his sarcastic tone under her breath.

“That’s debatable.”

His sleepy eyes lifted slowly in her direction struck dumb by her nasty come back.

Tiling his head to the side as she approached him again, he found himself wavering between wanting to strip her from her cute little pj bottoms, and shoving her out into the snow, locking the door behind her.

Deciding he was having too much fun playing with her, he moved closer lifting her braid between his fingers grazing his knuckles along her collarbone.

“I’m drunk, not sick Liz… there is a difference, you should know. Well, if you could remember that is, not that I’m complaining, in fact maybe we should knock back a few more shots. I have a feeling that the more you drink, the more Ben seems to disappear from that pretty little head of yours.”

Having enough Liz grabbed a blanket off the couch and threw it at him.

“You know what? That’s it, tomorrow I want you gone. I don’t know what your problem is, but its pretty fucking obvious you’re not going to fill me in. So call a cab or a friend, if you have one, and get the hell out here.”

Collapsing on the couch his eyes slid shut pulling the blanket nearly over his head to block her, and everything else out.

Liz knelt beside him to cover him with another flowered throw she found folded on a chair as he continued to shiver.

Really she didn’t know what to think of him, one minute he was nice, vulnerable, even emotional, the next crude and insulting.

It was clear that alcohol had a play in tonight’s verbal outburst but his mood swings wasn’t something she needed now.

She thought about doing some research on the internet about the military relating to PTSD, the least she could do was get him in touch with someone that could possibly help before just kicking him out in the cold.

Still there was the mystery about the missing photo’s, leaning closer she couldn’t help but think it was all somehow all connected.

Brushing her hand down his cheek she felt his ice cold skin as a strong stench of cigarettes and whiskey surrounded him.

Even though he pulled at her heart she knew she was making the right decision, when it came right down to it, she didn’t even know this man, and from the bruises on her neck she clearly had no idea what he capable of.

Realizing now that she had let her compassion, and if be honest, her need for distraction cloud her judgment, she knew he had to go.

Whispering watching as his breathing became more even and shallow, she felt the need to solidify her request.

“I mean it Zan, this isn’t right, you staying here, I don’t even know who you are, you need to leave tomorrow morning.”

Slurring his words, Zan nodded, on the edge of passing out he reached out for her hand bringing it close to his chest.

“I’m so sorry Katie, I miss you… I love … “

Shocked Liz felt his hand go limp as he passed out right in mid sentence, and what a revealing sentence it turned out to be.

Finally there was a name.

Tapping her fuzzy pink slippers on the floor as another piece to the puzzle was revealed, she chewed on her bottom lip before taking off up stairs to his room.

She knew it was wrong, but she couldn’t help herself as she slowly opened his door to peek inside.

Gazing around at the various trophies covered in dust lining his shelves, the posters of super models and rock bands taped on every wall, it was obvious that nothing had been touched in years.

It was your typical teenage male bedroom she soon discovered as she began searching under the bed and through his dresser drawers looking for any clue to who Katie could be.

Thinking back to the missing prom pictures, and how sensitive he was about the entire subject, she had a strong feeling that this Katie was answer to a lot of her questions.

After ten minutes she stood in the middle of his room with every drawer pulled open and the contents of his closet tossed about leaving the door wide open.

Flopped down on his bed, she rolled onto her back, crossing her fuzzy slippers at the ankles, still hung up on his drunken ramblings.

“Why do you miss Katie, and why do you still love her after all this time.” she whispered softly to herself assuming she was the girl missing from the prom pictures.

Finding nothing even remotely relating to a girl, other than the offensive attire and positions of the models on his walls she sighed lifting her gaze to the ceiling.

Her big brown eyes widened as she found herself staring up at nearly fifteen pictures of a young, innocent Zan, and a very beautiful girl with long strawberry blonde hair and vibrant green eyes taped to his ceiling.

Now standing on his bed she ghosted her fingers over the happy images, barely recognizing the kind eyes that gazed upon his girlfriend with obvious love in every picture.

School dances, Christmas in front of the tree, dressed in cute costumes on Halloween, embracing each other knee deep in the ocean on a bright summer day, it was beyond sweet, with a definite intensity that only could come with one’s first love.

Her slippers were wobbly as she stood on her toes to reach one picture in particular that caught her attention.

Carefully pulling it from the taped edges she lost her balance falling on the mattress causing it to slide out from its position against the wall.

Reaching for the photo that flew out of her hands down between the mattress and the box spring she saw the edge of a book sticking out.

Pulling it to her, she sat up laying it on her lap as she tried to straighten out the now bent picture of the two of them kissing, his hands lovingly, gently, cupping her cheeks.

It was the opposite of anything she could ever imagining him doing, being that tender, that kind.

Laying the photo on the bed she found herself looking down at his high school year book.

Flipping open the first page her jaw dropped as she clutched the book tightly.

Dedicated in Loving Memory to our Fellow Classmate and Friend Katherine Lynn McCarthy

Below was a picture of her, a wide sweet smile spread across a flawless porcelain complexion, her emerald eyes lit bright with all the promises of future that would never happen.

Liz thumbed through the pages looking for any clues as to what happened to her but found nothing, just more pictures of them on campus together, always together, either holding hands or embracing in some way, it was devastating, and more to the point very telling.

Suddenly she heard a noise downstairs, quickly shoving the yearbook back in place and pushing the mattress against the wall, she managed to slip the picture behind her, tucking it inside the waist of her pjs before the door swung open.

Seemingly stone sober he glared at her angrily looking around his room that was basically wrecked.

“What the fuck are you doing?”

“Nothing! I umm, I was thinking I could help you pack some of your things.”

Her badly thought out lie fell flat between them as she slid off the bed in an attempt to get around him, and out the door.

Effectively blocking her, she found herself being backed slowly up against the wall.

“What were you looking for? What the hell do you want from me?”

Sympathy rushed through her as she stood just feet from all the images of him and Katie splayed across the ceiling.

Towering over her, he anchored one finger under her chin lifting it up to his eyes that were working hard to figure her out.

“So, you’re curious, you want to know all about me, but if memory serves you asked me to leave, so why do you still care? Are you that desperate to push away the rejection from Ben that you’ll do anything to fill your time?”

Feeling the sting of his words, knowing that he was probably right, she met his stare straight on.

“Yeah, that’s it, sorry, you got me. I’m just going to get out of your way, I’m not feeling so great, I think I'm just going to go to bed.”

Gently curling his hand around her waist he pulled her to his body walking them back against the wall.

Her hands instinctively flew to his chest as his mouth lingered along the shell of her ear.

“Really Zan, I’m still not feeling good from last night.”

Her voice was softer now, unsure, not nearly as convincing as before.

She was confused, pulled in by the comfort of having someone close, especially him, he was like a damn about to burst, his emotions nearly vibrated off his skin, it was dizzying, dangerously exciting.

“Actually, Liz, you feel just fine to me.”

Her eyes slid shut as he smoothed his hands from her waist down around her bottom pushing her closer to him.

“Let’s just forget Liz... just for one night.”

She could feel his erection perfectly through the soft material of his sweatpants and her thin flannel pajamas, it was more than tempting, it made her knees buckle.

Her hands now moved from his chest to his upper arms that flexed tight from her touch causing him to surge a little harder against her.

“Yeah, that’s what I thought, it’s ok Liz. I know you’re still in love with your ex, we could just comfort each other, I’ll take care of you, I promise.”

His raspy, deep whisper was causing her stomach to tighten as his mouth drifted along her neck kissing his way to her parted lips.

Shamelessly rutting up against her, Zan found her mouth slipping his tongue confidently inside urging a few breathless reactions from her.

Breaking away from him, her face burned red as the memory of night before suddenly became clearer.

“I remember now, last night, pulling you close, asking you to kiss me.”

Smiling against her lips, his hand slipped inside the lapel of her top, skillfully releasing two buttons as he nodded.

“You were too drunk last night, I wouldn’t take advantage of someone who wasn’t fully aware of their actions, but I don’t see anything standing in our way now.”

For the first time in months Ben was no where in her thoughts as Zan managed to release the last button of her top before sliding his hand inside to cup her breast.

“But you’re drunk.”

“Not going to be an issue, I promise you.”

Kissing her slow and deep he backed away briefly before casting his eyes down to watch her arch into his hand as he rolled her nipple with his thumb slowly back and forth.

“You know I really do like your little puppy pjs Liz.”

Sighing her eyes slid shut, giving in she drifted her fingertips beneath his shirt to graze over the ridges of his hard stomach.

“They’re penguins.”

Running his thumb across her bottom lip he chuckled darkly at her apparent need to always correct him.

“I swear to you Liz, very soon, you won’t care.”
Last edited by jake17 on Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

Another great part!

Zan was in love and she died... step by step, Liz starts to understand this mystery man a little bit more every day... :shock: but he isn't an easy one to win!

EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
AlysLuv
Addicted Roswellian

Post by AlysLuv »

Awesome update. I really hope Liz doesn't go through with it though and I bet he finds that pictures she's hiding hehe.
HypnotiqBlueEyes
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by HypnotiqBlueEyes »

Carrie,

So the plot thickens! Zan's girlfriend was Katie & apparently she passed away! What exactly happened to her!? And now Zan has Liz talked into "losing herself" for the night... That was definitely starting to heat up! You have to hurry back soon!!

-Sarah-
Liz to Future Max: Don't you realize what you are to me... what you're always gonna be? You're the love of my life. Everyone else is gonna be second best. There will never be another you!!! (The End of the World)
Evans3
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Evans3 »

Yikes..it's not a good idea for Zan and Liz to have sex. Zan is danger person to be around right now with his mind not in right place right now. I can see the explosion coming....

More please?
Evans
debbyin
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by debbyin »

I was glued to my iPad reading this story up through the last update. I'm on the edge of my seat fidgeting waiting to see what lead to Katie's death, and if Zan was some how responsible. The story is great and as always, Zan sounds sizzling hot. I'm not sure whether to admire Liz for her bravery for taking the risk of letting this moody stranger in her home with her having limited access to help if she were to need it due to the blizzard, or think she is nuts for not being more careful of her own safety. I just wonder how "I" would react if Zan showed up at my door being all vulnerable and stuff......hmmmm...I wonder......*wink* Please hurry back with an update, I can't wait to read wait happens next. :)

"Well, clearly being tall, dark, and intergalactic is still a draw for the ladies." - Kyle
(Second Chances - femmenerd)
flyawayraven
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by flyawayraven »

Can't wait to find out what happens next. I haven't been on here forever, but this was the perfect story to hit up on returning...I've missed my Liz/Zan moments.
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

No chill in this story!
Your descriptions are amazing.......I feel like I'm in the very room you mention.....
And who could not identify with the penguin flannel pajamas and fuzzy slippers.
Oops.......Zan slips with a name.
Katie.......and the school yearbook was dedicated to her.
Can't wait to find out more about Katie and just how she died.
Thank you Carrie,
Carolyn