Queen of Pain (UC, Liz/multi partner, adult) Pt21 1/25/20

This is the place for you to post fanfiction for all of the unconventional, out of the norm in the show's realm couples. In other words, any stories focusing on couples not listed under conventional couples, and anything featuring slash pairings.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, jbangelo, truelovepooh, Erina, Forum Moderators

saori_1902
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Queen of Pain (UC, Liz/multi partner, adult) Pt2 4/6/14

Post by saori_1902 »

Great part! Is there any hope for Liz? :cry:
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

keepsmiling7 wrote:Beautifully written story......but it still breaks my heart. This is not "my Liz" I fell in love with so many years ago.
Serena was a perfect name for her to select......
And of course Max would be the honorable guy in this situation. Who can blame Liz for her decisions??

I am disappointed that we have so few readers, and so few authors now......but I do appreciate your continued efforts. I will keep reading as long as I can.
Thank you,
Carolyn

I agree with Carolyn in her FB!

To put all the blame on Liz is too easy! When FM came, Liz had already seen the way Max and Tess acted together and it confirmed Liz to act the way she did! Max was always in between Tess and Liz and often, he always said he would be there for Liz but put Tess first, just because she was alien...
So what Liz did to herself, Max is not worse it!

Maybe she should have slept with him anyway and wouldn't be having sex with strangers, risking her life and health...

But that's another story... :roll: :wink: Thanks EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
cupcake_55
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by cupcake_55 »

OMG !!! Poor Liz ...i hope that things get better for her , Max is not the only good guy there , amazing chapter as always and i cant wait for more :)
RoswellOracle
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RoswellOracle »

Thanks for reading guys

saori
begonia
Keepsmiling – this is definitely not the Liz we know, but a Liz created from heartbreaking circumstances
cupcake – as far as Liz is concerned, Max was the only good guy, but she can’t be with him

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Part 3

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The light streaming in through the window woke Liz up, making her shield her eyes from the brightness. She didn’t know what time it was, but it was earlier than she wanted to be awake.

And then her dream came back to her. Max’s mouth and hands on her, touching her so tenderly, his eyes filled with love.

We kiss
The Stars
We writhe
We are

Your name
Desire
Your flesh
We are

It seemed like a lifetime ago that anything like that had happened, but she dreamed about it almost every night. And she hated it. All the dreams brought her was pain.

Cold
We're so cold
We are so
Cold

Rolling over, she put her feet on the floor, vaguely aware that there was no soreness in her body and her scraped knee only had a faint redness. If she had been entirely human she might have been achy for days and had a thick scab on her knee, but she’d discovered just after she left Roswell that her changed body healed much more quickly.

She’d also discovered that she had powers. They were limited, but she could easily manipulate colors, shapes and appearances of items.

It had come in handy when she’d first arrived. She used her fledging powers to change the denomination of her money. She’d felt bad about doing it but she didn’t think she had a choice until she got a job. L.A. was an expensive place to live, and she’d only had about two thousand in savings. She could barely get into a cheap apartment in a sketchy area for that amount.

Then she had created a new identity for herself, changing her ID. She didn’t want anyone to find her, and she was still seventeen and technically a minor.

She’d also created a high school transcript.

Ridiculously she’d had the idea that she could just continue her life, and enrolled in summer semester at a local community college. But she should have known better.

Subjects that she’d always loved before just seemed to have no interest for her anymore. She studied hard and aced her classes, but she’d withdrawn at the end of the semester. It just wasn’t worth spending her time when she couldn’t get excited about anything.

But her short time in college had given her an unexpected way to make a semi-legal living that would pay a lot more than waitressing. She’d starting writing papers for her fellow students, and she’d quickly gotten a reputation for doing good work and could charge top dollar. She was even getting requests from schools in several states.

So she’d set it up like a business. She had an email account for requests, and made sure not to take two papers for the same class at the same time. The clients paid through Paypal, so she never had any direct contact with them, and none of them knew who she was.

It was a perfect solution. She could do research and never have to talk to anyone, and most of the time she had more requests than she could fill.

Soon she was making good money, and moved to an apartment that she actually liked in a better part of town. It was small and only one bedroom, but she had few possessions; a TV she rarely watched, a few books and a laptop that she did her work on. She’d even been able to afford a cheap used car.

Doing research and writing papers also had the additional benefit of keeping her mind busy, so she didn’t have as much time to think about the past.

In college she’d also discovered another thing. Men.

For so long, her life had been all about Max, but for the first time in a long time she’d noticed another guy. It had been at a party at the end of the semester.

Parties really weren’t her thing, but a shy girl in her study group, Jan, had begged her to go because she had a crush on a guy who would be there.

Reluctantly Liz agreed. The last thing she wanted to do was watch people drinking, flirting and falling in love or lust, but it was only one night.

Later she’d wondered if it wasn’t some kind of destiny.

She’d stayed with Jan until she’d gotten the courage to talk to her crush and they were in a good conversation. Then she’d quietly let Jan know she was leaving so she wouldn’t be in their way.

Going outside, she was surprised to hear someone talking to her.

“Leaving already?” he asked, coming up behind her.

She shrugged. “I’m just not really a party person,” she said simply.

“I know what you mean,” he said. “It’s loud, you can’t really get to know anyone, or have a real conversation.”

“Yeah,” she agreed, realizing it had been a long time since she’d really talked to anyone. For the first time she really looked at him. He was tall, good looking, blond, and amazingly she felt butterflies in her stomach.

“So,” he continued, “I was going to pick up some Chinese and go home and eat where it is a bit more quiet. Do you want to join me? We could have a real conversation and some good food.”

Liz knew it was a pickup line, but she didn’t care. “Why not,” she agreed.

So they’d eaten and talked, and surprisingly he’d made her laugh. It felt good to just relax and not think, and when he moved in to kiss her, she didn’t object. It was nice to feel wanted again, and she wrapped her arms around him, kissing him back.

When she felt his hand on her breast, she hesitated. The only person who had touched her there was Max, but she brutally pushed the thought away. Max wasn’t in her life anymore, and being touched felt amazing.

His hand slipped under her shirt and bra, palming and stroking her and she felt desire building deep within. She’d taken the initiative and stripped his shirt over his head, and they’d headed into the bedroom.

They’d quickly removed the rest of their clothes and she eagerly welcomed him inside. Throughout the night, they’d had sex several times, each time even better than the last as they learned how to give each other pleasure.

She didn’t sleep at all that night, realizing that the pleasure had pushed away the pain she usually felt.

When first light had come in through the window, she’d gathered her things and left. She didn’t bother waking him, she never intended seeing him again anyway. She didn’t want any kind of relationship. And walking home, she realized with a smile that she didn’t even know his name.

She had felt a little ashamed. After all she’d grown up being taught that good girls didn’t sleep around and certainly didn’t sleep with guys on the first date. And, she reminded herself, it really hadn’t even been a date. He was just some random guy she met. And she couldn’t help thinking about what Max would say and how disappointed he’d be in her.

But as she’d continued to walk, she’d realized that no one was around to judge her, least of all Max. She didn’t have to live up to anyone’s expectations but her own.

And by the time she’d reached her apartment, she’d come to the conclusion that she didn’t give a rat’s ass what anyone else thought anyway. It was her crappy life and she would damn well have control over one small part of it, if nothing else. She wouldn’t let her upbringing or Max Evans determine what she did, or how she lived.

For the first time in a long time she’d been happy and felt something other than the constant pain, and she wouldn’t give that up. She didn’t want to live in Max’s shadow the rest of her life, but she also didn’t want to get involved with anyone else. She would fuck nameless guy after guy after guy if it was the way to rid herself of her past.

And that was how it started.

After that first night she had craved sex and the feelings it gave her, and she went out at least two or three times a week to get it.

The first thing she’d done was make a list of places to find guys, and had almost immediately settled on clubs as the most likely hunting ground. Clubs were dark, with pulsing music, and gyrating bodies. The very atmosphere was sexually charged and people were looking to hook up. And there would be no shortage of men, so she would have a better variety to choose from.

Of course she’d had some experiences at first that weren’t great, but she had quickly gotten better at choosing partners and asking for exactly what she wanted.

She’d done her research, staying in the shadows, observing the men, trying to determine which were the ones who really knew what they were doing in bed. She’d come to several conclusions about traits a man needed to have.

Of course he had to look nothing like Max, and be attractive to her. There was no point if she felt no desire.

He had to have real confidence in himself and his sexuality. Not the boastful, bulling that some men thought would hide their lack of confidence, but actual self confidence that came with being comfortable in their own skin and aware of their abilities. By careful observation she had learned to read the sometimes subtle signs.

He also had to be able to dance. He didn’t have to be a good dancer, but he had to be aware of the rhythm of the music and be able to match the movements of his body to beat and to his partner. And she’d determined that a guy who was wasn’t afraid to dance, also wouldn’t be afraid to please a woman in bed, and the motion of the dance directly translated into good motion with a sexual partner.

So she went to clubs and studied the specimens until she found one who she thought met her criteria. It had become like a game to her, and it was one she intended to control and win.

Although, occasionally, she had to admit, she saw a guy she just had to have and the rules kind of went out the window. But even then, she believed that she was subconsciously seeing things in the guy that fit her exacting requirements.

One of her other rules was one night only. No matter how attracted she was to the guy or how well they performed in bed, she would never let herself get involved with a man again. It just wasn’t worth it. All it did was cause pain.

Looking around her bedroom, she came back to the present, using a swipe of her hand to clean the sheets of blood from her knee before she got up. It had been a careless mistake, but she had the excuse of being exhausted.

Normally an amazing fuck like she had last night would be enough to last for several days, but after everything else that happened, she would go out again tonight.

But she had the whole day to get through first, and she needed to keep busy.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

There were a million clubs in L.A. and Liz had a rule that she’d never go to the same one twice. It was a lot less likely that she’d run into someone she’d been with before.

It was dark when the cab dropped her off in front of a club that seemed to feature some kind of tropical theme. The exterior was decorated with neon palm trees and tiki statues that winked.

If she was actually clubbing, she wouldn’t even have bothered going in. Most likely they served drinks in plastic coconuts, with fruit on miniature swords, and featured a band with a steel drum player. It certainly wasn’t her kind of place. But she wasn’t there to hang out and enjoy the atmosphere. She was only there for one reason.

Heading for the door, she noted the few people milling around outside, and then suddenly she saw him. The one she wanted tonight.

He was beautiful, ripped, and he was staring right at her. She wanted him instantly, and simply walked up to him.

His eyes smoldered as his gaze raked over her body, taking in her bare legs exposed by her tiny skirt, and her bra visible through her shirt.

She stepped close to him, touching his chest. “I want you,” Liz said, without any hesitation.

For a second, he seemed stunned, but then he accepted his good luck and smiled. “Your place or mine?” he asked.

Tilting her head, she motioned to the dark alley next to the building. “Down there,” she said.

His smile widened and he gripped her ass, pulling her roughly to him. “You’re a dirty little bitch,” he hissed. “I like it.”

With his arm around her waist, he led her down the alley, and behind a dumpster.

Cupping her head to keep her where he wanted her, he kissed her hard. Pressing her against the wall of the building, his hand found her breast, roughly rubbing over her already hard nipple.

Liz grasped his ass, as the kiss continued, pulling him close so she could feel his erection. She moved against him, completely aroused.

Moments later they separated, panting.

“Damn, you’re hot,” he said.

She shrugged. “So fuck me.”

His gaze turned predatory. “I’ll fuck you good and hard, baby,” he promised. “That’s what you want isn’t it?”

Suddenly he spun her in his arms, pressing her against the rough bricks, his body holding her in place. “Is this how you want it?” he asked, his hips pumping, rubbing against her.

Liz could feel his erection pressed against her ass and started rocking against him. “Yes,” she hissed, so wet, so ready for him to come inside.

He nudged her legs apart, spreading them wide as he smoothed her skirt up her hips, exposing her ass. She heard his zipper, and then he yanked her panties aside, and slammed inside her.

“Oh yes!” she moaned.

He immediately started pumping into her hard and fast. With her hands against the bricks of the building, she closed her eyes, just letting herself concentrate on the experience.

He was holding her hips hard, using his body to press her against the wall. And he felt so good. The sensation of a cock stroking so deliciously inside her was just what she needed.

A sudden burst of music caught her attention, and she wondered vaguely where it was coming from. Maybe someone had opened a side or back door from the club. For a moment she wondered if someone would catch them, and the thought turned her on even more.

Do you feel that?
Oh shit
Ooh ah ah ah ah!

Drowning deep in my sea of loathing
Broken, your servant I kneel
Will you give it to me?

It seems what's left of my human side
Is slowly changing ... in me
Will you give it to me?

Reaching back, she grabbed his ass, trying to hold him even closer. “Give it to me harder,” she demanded.

Immediately he complied. Withdrawing from her, he slammed back inside and she gasped with the power of it. Still gripping his ass, she tried to move with him, but he was holding her to the wall with his body.

Each time his body moved against hers, she felt small scratches and scrapes on her hands and face from the rough bricks, but she ignored it as her body filled with pleasure.

He hissed into her ear as he continued, “That’s what you want isn’t it, dirty girl?”

“Yes,” Liz gasped. “Just like that.”

The lyrics of the song penetrated her brain again.

Come on get down with the sickness
Madness is the gift that has been given to me

I can see inside you, the sickness is rising
Don't try to deny what you feel
It seems that all that was good has died
And is decaying in me

Her back bowed with the pleasure, and she knew it wouldn’t be much longer.

Then suddenly he stopped.

For a moment she thought he’d finished.

She realized he hadn’t cum a second before he pulled out of her and swung them around. He roughly bent her over a stack of wooden shipping pallets and she felt the slick head of his cock brush her exposed ass, and then he entered her from behind again in a single powerful thrust.

“I can fuck you even harder this way,” he growled, grabbing a handful of her hair and holding it tight.

“Yes,” she moaned.

“You are a dirty bitch,” he said with a chuckle. “You need a good fuck.”

“Shit yes!” she hissed. “Fuck me good and hard.”

He barely gave her time to say the words and then he was moving inside her again. Immediately she was back into it. Her whole body felt like it was tightening as the pleasure filled up more and more of her.

He hammered into her faster and faster, slamming their bodies together until she was practically breathless. His big cock filled her up so incredibly. It was even better than the fuck she’d had last night.

But she didn’t want to analyze it and she closed her eyes, letting herself get lost in the sensations.

His hand slid into her panties, finding her clit, and he rubbed it in quick circles, sending electric shocks through her and adding to her pleasure.

Her core started to pulse around him as she got close to the edge. She bowed back and pressed against his chest. Her breath came in quick pants and she wondered how much pleasure she could stand.

Then her body stilled as she hung on the edge and he pounded into her as he rubbed her clit hard. Suddenly she exploded, crying out, her hands clutching the wooden crate she was leaning against.

With two more strokes he buried himself deep within her, growling his own completion. His hips bucked against her a few times and then they were both still.

“Fuck,” he panted in her ear, “that was amazing.”

As they worked to catch their breath, he idly brushed over her clit, making her core continue to clench his softening cock.

After a few minutes, he pulled out, and playfully slapped her exposed ass. With a laugh she straightened up and he took her in his arms, turning her toward him.

He kissed her hungrily for long moments. “Let’s go to my place,” he growled. “We can do this again where it’s a little more comfortable.”

She felt a bit dazed, which was strange enough. But the really strange thing was why. For one of the few times since she’d left Roswell, it seemed like she could almost feel Max.

While this nameless stranger had been fucking her, a familiar, comforting sensation filled her. The same sensation she always got when Max was near.

It had happened a couple of times since she moved to L.A., but tonight had been the strongest ever.

Something about this guy must remind her of Max. For a moment she considered going with this man who had just fucked her so thoroughly. If she could get even a small piece of Max back, shouldn’t she do it?

She pushed the thought away almost immediately. Max was out of her life, and she would never let anyone in her heart again.

But it wasn’t her heart she was looking to fill, it was another part of her anatomy, and as long as she had a big cock inside her, fucking her brains out, she didn’t have to think about Max.

She looked at the guy in front of her and nodded. “That sounds perfect.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was approaching dawn when the taxi dropped Liz off at her apartment. The sun hadn’t yet risen but the streaks of dim light coming over the horizon were enough to turn out the streetlights.

She’d left Tony, as she found out his name was, sleeping in his bed after they fucked like minks for hours. Physically she was completely satisfied, but no matter how hard he slammed into her, or how many times he made her climax, she could still feel Max.

She thought she’d be able to fuck him out of her head, but he was still there. She felt him on the ride home, and still felt him as she put the key in her door and let herself into her apartment.

Quickly she took a shower and got ready for bed, knowing her physical exhaustion would let her sleep, but also knowing with her mind so full of Max that the dreams would come too.

Shivers rushed through her body and she looked toward the sliding glass door that led onto her balcony. For some reason she felt drawn to it but she was scared to look at the same time. It was ridiculous, she told herself. She wasn’t afraid of anything. Turning off her light, and with more bravery than she felt, she crossed to the balcony door and peered through the blinds.

Relief and disappointment filled her as she looked around, seeing absolutely nothing out of place. Everything was as it should be, the gardens around her building, the street, even the deserted park beyond.

Her eyes narrowed as she suddenly realized someone was standing underneath the dark streetlight across the street from her apartment. She hadn’t seen them at first because the shadow of her building fell across him.

Him. She couldn’t tell if it was a man or a woman, but it seemed weird that anyone was there at all.

It was too early for a bus, and besides it wasn’t a bus stop. And the person just stood there, not moving.

Her breath caught. It was like she could feel something coming.

Her first thought was Max, but she knew it was insane. After what happened that last terrible night in Roswell, she would never see Max again.

It was a drunk, she told herself, or maybe one of the million weirdoes who lived in L.A. Whoever it was they didn’t concern her, and she let the blinds fall into place as she turned away.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

TBC

Songs used –
Down with the Sickness – Disturbed
Cold – Static X
The world is full of stories, and from time to time,
they permit themselves to be told - Prey

RoswellOracle.com - The most comprehensive Roswell reference & archive
My Stories ~ My Roswell Store ~ My Roswell Archive

Check out Roswell Heaven!
saori_1902
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Queen of Pain (UC, Liz/multi partner, adult) Pt3 4/21/14

Post by saori_1902 »

I'm worried about Liz! :cry: Just I want to know one thing ,are the pod squad left Earth?

So, she has been feeling Max ...

Thanks for the chapter. :wink:
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Well, I can say Liz went right after what she wanted......and got it. She did quite a study on mankind.
And now she feels Max.......could he actually be near??
Please hurry back,
Carolyn
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

In some way, I understand her reaction and having powers, as well, is the cherry on top!
But I wonder why she still hang on to Max... he left her for the gerbil so...

Anyway, wondering if they aren't others aliens... :roll:

Thanks EVE :mrgreen:
RoswellOracle
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RoswellOracle »

Thanks for reading everyone!

Just to clear up some questions –

Liz still loves Max. It might seem irrational after he was with Tess, but the heart isn’t always rational.
And more will be explained about this as the story continues.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Part 4

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Max kissed her so gently, almost reverently as he unbuttoned her shirt. She dropped her arms from around his neck to let it fall to the floor, and then splayed her hands across his already naked chest.

My hands are searching for you
My arms are outstretched towards you

He was so beautiful, she never got tired of looking at him or touching him. His skin was like satin under her fingers, warm and hard, and she wanted all of him pressed against her.

I feel you on my fingertips
My tongue dances behind my lips for you

And while she touched him, he caressed her back with feather touches, making her skin shiver. She felt him fumble with the clasp of her bra for a second before he worked it open, and she let the straps slide down her arms to join her shirt on the floor.

This fire rising through my being
Burning I'm not used to seeing you

He looked at her naked chest for the first time and Liz wondered if he would like what he saw. But the look of awe on face told her she hadn’t had to worry.

”You are so beautiful,” he breathed as he reached out to cup a silky mound.

My hands float up above me
And you whisper you love me

Liz gasped as he made contact, the sensations so powerful. With his thumb, he brushed over her tip and it immediately drew to a hard point, sending electricity through her body that went straight to the juncture of her thighs.

And I begin to fade
Into our secret place

He seemed fascinated by the sight and leaned down, closing his mouth over her peak.

Liz nearly cried out as desire rushed through her. She wanted him so much, but more than that, she never wanted the moment to end.

Take my hand
I give it to you
Now you own me
All I am
You said you would never leave me
I believe you

I can feel you all around me
Thickening the air I'm breathing
Holding on to what I'm feeling

A sudden loud banging noise brought her abruptly awake, and she realized almost at once that it was the garbage truck picking up the dumpster behind her apartment.

With a groan, she turned over in bed.

The dream again. Couldn’t she ever go even one night without dreaming about him? Would she ever be able to escape him completely?

She felt the sadness starting to consume her.

Automatically she pushed the dream out of her head with the only thing that worked. Sex with other men.

Since she’d lived in L.A. she’d been with so many different guys. She didn’t remember the faces or the names. They were completely irrelevant. But she did remember the sex, and the fleeting pleasure it had given her.

She mentally started down her list of best fucks.

There was the guy who’d gone down on her for what seemed like forever. The guy who’d finger fucked her until she’d begged him to stop, and then fucked her slowly with his big cock until she begged him not to stop. The guy who’d had more sex toys than she even knew existed, and they’d used half of them in one night. And the guy who seemed to take it as a personal mission to make her climax as many times as he could. She’d cum so many times she’d lost count.

Just in the last couple of weeks alone, she’d been fucked from behind, up against a wall, lying down, sitting up, and in a few positions she didn’t even know the names for. And she would relive every one over and over of them to keep Max out of her head.

For several long minutes that is what she did, remembering the feel of erections plunging into her, hands stroking her body, and the euphoric sensation of climax.

But today it wasn’t working. She could still feel Max.

“Damn it,” she growled as she got up. Crossing to her dresser, she stripped off her pajamas, and put on shorts and jog bra. It was too early to find another guy to fuck, so she would have to hope exhausting herself another way would clear her head.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Liz looked out the window of the cab as the city slid by, her thoughts still full of Max.

She’d done everything she could think of to get him out of her head that day, running until her body shook with exhaustion, doing research and writing. She’d made lists and went to buy groceries, she even rented a couple of movies to try to watch, but nothing seemed be able to erase Max from her mind. She felt him everywhere she went.

And not only did she feel Max, but she felt like she was being watched.

When she went out the door of her apartment, immediately she’d felt the eyes on her. A shiver when down her back, but she shrugged it away, getting in her car.

She’d still felt the eyes as she moved efficiently around the grocery store. A few times, she’d stopped, looking around to see who it was, but couldn’t see anyone.

When she returned to her apartment and closed herself inside the sensation stopped.

She didn’t know what to think. No one would be following her. No one knew who she was or where she lived. And it sure as hell wasn’t Max.

Pain stabbed her heart, knowing he would never come for her again.

Finally she’d come to the conclusion that she was just paranoid. No one could actually be watching her. Maybe she was finally going insane.

Besides, she needed to go out that night. She needed to find another guy to take her mind off Max.

So she’d tried to watch the movies she rented, and cleaned her already spotless apartment, basically just wasting time until she could go to a club.

The cabdriver’s voice broke into her thoughts, bringing her back to the present. “You sure you don’t want me to take you to that new club in Hollywood?” he asked. “The grand opening is tonight and I hear it’s the hottest place in town.”

“No thanks,” Liz answered, “just take me where I asked.”

The new club might be the hottest place in town, but she wasn’t looking to have a good time. She was looking for a guy.

And another one of her rules was no new clubs.

A new club might be so busy she wouldn’t even get in, and it increased the possibility that she might run into a former lover.

Lover.

The term made her smile. There was no love involved, just pure sensation.

And that is what she needed tonight.

Getting out of the cab, she immediately experienced the feeling of being watched. She stopped, looking around, but still saw no one, and with a shrug she went inside.

Instantly she felt better. This was her domain, her hunting ground. She was in charge here.

Looking around she noted that the club was already packed with bodies moving to the pounding music. The darkness was broken up by spotlights, rotating colored lights, and strategically placed neon, but it was plenty of light for her to see what she had come for.

The beat of the music thrummed through her body.

moon hangs round
a blade over my head
reminds me what to do before I'm dead

She slowly moved around the edge of the dance floor, feeling like she was stalking her prey. Her eyes roamed over each man, counting up the good and bad traits, looking for just the right one.

night consumes light
and all I dread
reminds me what to do before I'm dead

She skimmed over blonds, brunettes, and skin of every color.

Sun reclines
tease my mind
reminds me what to leave behind

A gorgeous blond caught her eye, but she saw instantly that he had no rhythm. A guy with a skin tight t-shirt that showed off his ripped chest made her gasp with desire, but she could tell by the way he was shoving people aside that he was a jerk.

light eats night
and all I never said
reminds me what to do before I'm...

To see you
to touch you
to see you
to touch you

Moving on she looked for the next guy, but suddenly stopped, and shivered again with a feeling of being watched.

Of course that is what she wanted tonight. She’d worn a tight leather skirt that barely covered her ass, a deep red blouse made of a thin material that highlighted more than covered her black lacy bra, and matching deep red high heels. She’d dressed to be noticed.

Turning, she locked eyes with another gorgeous blond. He had a thick head of hair slicked back into a short ponytail, a chiseled jaw, and a ripped body. And the shorts he was wearing told her that he was probably a surfer.

She’d had surfers before and found that their balance and muscle control was excellent in bed.

Holding his gaze, she went to him.

He smiled when he saw she was approaching him and looked her up and down, his eyes lingering on her breasts.

“Hey baby,” he greeted when she was close enough to hear him.

“Hey yourself,” she said with a smile, but it faltered as she felt a predatory gaze on her back, and the feeling she got when Max was around almost overwhelmed her.

The blond leaned in closer, “You are smoking hot,” he hissed.

Ignoring her feelings, Liz concentrated on the man before her, trying to listen to what he was saying.

“Um, thanks,” she said, feeling nervous butterflies in the pit of her stomach.

What was happening to her?

“I’ll bet you are a wildcat in bed,” he said, staring at her breasts again.

Shivers ripped through her body. Something was coming. She could feel it getting closer but she was afraid to turn around. Suddenly she just wanted to run.

She tried to pretend that everything was normal as she answered the blond. “Why don’t you take me out of here and find out.”

She swore she could feel a tingling warmth behind her as if someone had just pressed their body against her.

A voice suddenly whispered in her ear. “I’ll take care of you, princess.”

The voice was so familiar and she whirled around, but stopped in complete shock.

“No!” she hissed, as she shook her head. “It can’t be.”

For long minutes her brain could barely make sense of what she was seeing. In those first incredulous moments she saw Max standing before her, and her eyes raked over him wanting to see every inch of him. But as the seconds passed, she realized there were things that were completely wrong.

First she saw the tattoo on his forearm, then the stubble of beard along his jaw. His hair was pulled into spikes, and a diamond stud winked at her just below his bottom lip.

This wasn’t Max, but the alternative was impossible too.

He grabbed her by the upper arm and held her tightly, leaving her in no doubt that he was serious, and leaned in close, speaking so she could hear him over the music. "We need to have a talk."

She was so stunned that she didn't even resist him pulling her across the crowded room, into the back through an employee area, and out a door into the alley.

The cool night air was such a contrast from the humid heat inside that it seemed to sting her skin, making her draw in a quick breath that almost sounded like a hiss.

As soon as they were outside he released her arm, turning to stand before her.

She still couldn't believe he was there. "I thought, we all thought you were dead."

He nodded. "I was," he said with a shrug, "but I got better."

Liz was stunned into silence, her eyebrows drawing together as she shook her head. She wasn’t sure if he was kidding or not.

Her head was filled with questions, but they were a jumble. And she almost laughed when she couldn’t help thinking that now that she could hear Zan better she could detect a slight New York accent on some of his words. It wasn’t funny, she just couldn’t seem to concentrate, and wondered if she was in shock.

She shook her head again trying to clear it, and asked the first thing that came to her. "So," she started, "how do you know who I am?"

He shook his head. "I don't know you, not exactly, princess, but I know you were his." He pointed to her stomach, to the place where she'd been shot and Max had healed her. "And I know what he did to you, and what you are now."

"How could you know that?" she asked incredulously.

He shrugged again. "I could feel him when his emotions were strong. And they were strong all the time concerning you. I learned what you felt like through him. He really loved you."

Emotions boiled up in her so quickly they nearly took her breath away. Her love for Max, which was never buried deeply, came to the surface and nearly brought tears to her eyes. But she fought to push it back down so the pain and sorrow wouldn't overwhelm her. "Not enough," she said shakily.

He gave a single nod of his head. "So that's what you were doing tonight and last night, princess? Getting back at him?"

Anger replaced the other emotions she felt. "It's none of your business," she growled. "And stop calling me princess!" Suddenly she realized what he'd said. "You were there last night,” she said softly, looking down, blushing. “That's why I felt..." she trailed off.

He nodded. "I saw exactly what you felt," he said suggestively, “when you were letting that guy fuck you in the alley.”

Liz straightened up, raising her chin stubbornly and meeting his eyes. “Did you like the show?”

"Not particularly," he said with a shrug. "Not really my idea of a good time."

"Typical hypocritical bullshit," she spat. "You can fuck as many women as you want, but you expect us to sit at home, little virgins waiting for you."

His eyebrows raised in surprise at her venom. "No, I just don't like to see you hurting yourself like this."

She laughed. "You don't know what you're talking about."

"I know you lost the one person in the world that you loved and thought you belonged with, and you're in a lot of pain," he said. "I know the sadness fills you up and you think you’re going to drown in it. You don't think anything or any one can take it away, and it will be there the rest of your life. So you're doing anything you can to make it stop."

Liz winced, horrified that he was so accurate, and felt the emptiness starting to fill her. She turned her head so he wouldn't see the tears that were pricking her eyes.

He closed the distance between them and continued, his voice softening as he put a hand on her shoulder. "And I know he wouldn't like what you're doing."

Turning on him angrily, all of the sorrow from a moment before was replaced by rage. "Max Evans lost the right to have opinions about my life when he slept with Tess." She glared at him, "Nobody, not him, not you is going to stop me from doing exactly what I want to do. And all I want right now is find a guy to fuck.”

She started toward the door of the club that was still ajar, but before she was even halfway there, it slammed shut.

Whirling toward him she knew Zan had done it with his powers and noted angrily that he hadn't even moved or raised his hand. He was powerful and it just enraged her even more. "You think you can stop me?" she demanded. "I can just open the door, or go somewhere else."

He raised his chin arrogantly and a humorless smile lifted one corner of his mouth. "Don't even doubt that I could stop you in several different ways. Do you want me to list them?"

Liz had never been so angry and she wanted to slap that arrogant smile off his face. She rushed at him, her hands clenched in fists and she lashed out expecting her hand to connect with his mouth. But faster than she though possible, he grabbed her wrists and somehow twisted her and pressed her back to his front, with his arms crossed over her chest, pinning her arms and holding her tightly.

"Calm down, princess," he soothed, speaking softly in her ear.

She struggled ineffectively against his superior strength. "Stop calling me that!"

"But it's true, isn't it?" he said. "You belonged to the real king. You’re the one he really loved. That makes you a real princess in my book."

"Shut up," she snarled, her body shaking with anger. "You don't know what you're talking about."

"Then why don't you tell me," he said smoothly.

She was so tired and emotional from the last few days, and seeing Zan and hearing his barrage of questions made her think about things she didn’t want to remember, things that were too painful. It was too much. Suddenly she felt dizzy and darkness started to close in on her. All of the fight went out of her and she had no strength. She felt like she would slide to the ground if Zan hadn't been holding her. "I don't want to talk about it," she whispered. "I just want to go home."

Effortlessly, he swung her up into his arms.

"What are you doing?" she said wearily.

"I'm not sure you can walk right now," he said simply, "and this is faster."

As he slowly carried her through the alley, she leaned her head against his chest, accepting the situation because her brain and emotions were on overload. But she couldn't help but notice that he not only felt like Max in her head, but smelled like him too, and tears filled her eyes again.

It only took a few minutes to reach the parking lot and he took her to a car, using a flick of his powers to open the door. "But -" she started, only to be cut off.

"I'll make sure you get home safe," he said, putting her inside and closing the door.

When he got into the driver’s seat, she didn’t look at him but started to speak, “I live on –“

He cut her off again. “I know where you live,” he said gruffly.

She was about to ask how, but suddenly realized it had been him last night outside her apartment. He must have followed her to Tony’s and then home, followed her all day, and to the club tonight.

What did he want from her?

Turning away from Zan, she looked out the window and tried to pretend he wasn't there.

He started the car and pulled it out on the road and they drove in silence.

Streetlights flashed by, and neon on the occasional building filled the night with color. Music from passing clubs thrummed into the car, and sometimes she could hear laughing pedestrians, but there was no other sound but the hum of the engine and the tires on the road.

Zan seemed content to not say anything, and she was exhausted.

A light rain started and she watched the drops flow down the window as tears started to slide down her cheeks. Seeing Zan had brought up so many things she didn’t want to remember.

Leaning her head against the cold glass, she shut her eyes, trying to block it all out.

It's that feeling that someone
Is standing behind me
And I turn around and there's no one there

And it's the sensation
That someone just whispered
Yeah and I still hear your voice but you're not really here
Your memory is like a ghost
And my heart is it's host

I can still feel you just as close as skin
Every now and then
All by myself, in a crowded room, or my empty bed
There's a place you've touched
With your love no one gets close to

You said you'd love me forever
Then you said it's over
And left me without the missing link
I thought I'd forget you
But I guess I forgot to
And lately I've been too confused to think

I can still feel you
In everything that moves
In everything I do
I can still feel you

It seemed like no time had passed when the car stopped and Zan finally spoke. “We’re here,” he said simply. He got out of the car and walked around the front.

Liz quickly wiped her cheeks not wanting him to see her cry, and opened the door before he got to it. Unsteadily she climbed to her feet, leaning heavily against the car.

Zan stopped in front of her, his eyes raking over her. “Fuck,” he swore. Once again he swung her up into his arms.

Liz was so emotional she didn’t even try to stop him and tears spilled out of her eyes and down her cheeks. He carried her across the courtyard and up the stairs to her apartment using his powers to open the door as they approached.

He went straight into her room and placed her gently on the bed.

She turned tear-filled eyes to him. “Can you take away my memories of him?”

His jaw clenched, making a muscle along his cheek twitch. “No,” he said simply. “But I can make you sleep.”

She nodded, barely moving her head, and he put a hand on her forehead.

Almost immediately she felt so sleepy that she could barely keep her eyes open. Letting them drift shut, a nagging thought drifted through her head. “What do you want from me?” she whispered.

“Ssshhh,” he soothed, “just go to sleep.”

And the darkness overtook her.

Songs used –
Before I’m dead – Kidney Thieves
All Around Me by Flyleaf
I Can Still Feel You Lyrics by Collin Raye

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

TBC
The world is full of stories, and from time to time,
they permit themselves to be told - Prey

RoswellOracle.com - The most comprehensive Roswell reference & archive
My Stories ~ My Roswell Store ~ My Roswell Archive

Check out Roswell Heaven!
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Queen of Pain (UC, Liz/multi partner, adult) Pt4 5/3/14

Post by jake17 »

My god it felt as though I was right there with them. The way you portray her pain is so real & utterly heart wrenching it's impossible not to feel as if its happening to you as a reader.
I'm on the edge of my seat here dyin to know exactly what he's up to. I've said it before, no one writes
Zan the way you do. It's like you've made him your own, seriously other versions pale in comparison.

I was jumping out if my seat celebrating Liz's angry speech to him about the hypocrisy, the double standard between men & women, then just as quickly softened instantly by his response, you immediately felt it hit home with her.

This was so beautifully written, realistic & raw.
And I cannot wait for more

Carrie

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Queen of Pain (UC, Liz/multi partner, adult) Pt4 5/3/14

Post by begonia9508 »

Great update!

I just waited for this to happen!...

When confronted by Max double, the pain started again and she felt how vaine, her actions were and with it, she would never forget Max at all... :cry:

Thanks - wondering what Zan want? because I am sure, he want something...

EVE :mrgreen: