Dark Hollywood Nights: Official Excerpt

A place to celebrate the publication of our own roswellianprincess16, AKA Isabelle Santiago!

Moderators: roswellianprincess16, Forum Moderators

roswellianprincess16
Addicted Roswellian

Dark Hollywood Nights: Official Excerpt

Post by roswellianprincess16 »

An Excerpt from: Dark Hollywood Nights

Copyright © 2008 Isabelle Santiago

All rights reserved, Freya's Bower.

"Miss Pickens?" She knocked again. "I have your lunch available. I'm really sorry I'm late."

No response. Chase reached across the cart. His hands grazed the skin of Miss Grant's neck. Soft, smooth skin, like snow-white velvet. His fingers lingered.

"What are you doing?" she asked, her voice tight with panic.

"Making sure she's in the room." He removed the long chain with the heavy set of keys from her neck.

She stared at him, wide eyed. "You can't just walk in."

"It's room service. Of course you can walk in." He rummaged through the keys until he found one that looked like a master key. "Besides, you knocked. She didn't answer."

He turned the key, clicked the tab of the handle, and stepped inside. The door slid open, revealing a small foyer and three steps that led into the main suite.

"Miss Pickens," Miss Grant called out.

There was no trace of panic in her voice. It came out light, musical, carefree. Interesting, he thought to himself. That kind of control was impressive. She left the cart near the door and rushed toward the steps. Chase caught the scent a minute too late. A rusty, foul metallic scent that put him on alert.

"Wait, Miss Grant, wait!"

She stopped short at the top stair. Her face blanched. Her words bled into an unintelligible concoction. Chase rushed to stand beside her. The sight verified his suspicion. A voluptuous female body lay sprawled on the ground. Her crimson blood seeped into the sandy brown carpet.

"Valerie Price," he said.

Alexis Grant fainted.
-Isabelle Santiago, Author of Scifi/Fantasy Romance
Not Every Girl Dreams of Prince Charming...
http://twistedfairytale.net
http://twistedfairytale.net/blog/