Recommended Angsty Fics

Is the title of a certain fic driving you nuts? Can you not find the latest update of your recent fanfic obsession? Are you looking for the best fic on a certain theme or with a certain pairing? Looking for other Roswell Fanfiction Sites? Come here for answers to all your most pressing fanfiction questions.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Kath7
Administrator

Recommended Angsty Fics

Post by Kath7 »

Here's the place to recommend the fics that about killed you with their angst quotient. Tear-jerkers a must!

UC fics can be listed here. Just make sure to identify them!
Itzstacie
Forum Moderator

Post by Itzstacie »

Go Ask Elizabethby Ashley
ML Complete
She doesn't a summary, but if you really want a good cry, I recommend this story.

That One Momentby Willowbv

Summary: this is AU, time frame: senior year. No aliens. No destiny. Liz Parker and Max Evans have loved each other since they first met but neither dared make the first move. It's Graduation day and they are all headed in their own directions and then Max gets shot and Liz's life changes forever.

M/L Complete
Angel
Administrator

Post by Angel »

For All by Bennie. I know this was posted here at some point, but finding this link was easier.

Hands down, the most horribly heartbreaking fic I've ever read. It's short, but packs a punch. Gutwrenching.

Liz makes a sacrafice she never thought she'd have to make to keep Future Max's secret.
Bri+Jason2830
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Bri+Jason2830 »

Soaring with Angels by RoswellOracle
Summary: We join the action in the episode Departure, as Tess is leaving in the Granolith. The evil-doing hasn't gone with Tess, there is still plenty lurking around unbeknownst to most.

Warning: The fic is very dark and more sensitive readers may find parts disturbing. Multiple character deaths!! An extremely controversial story.

Ok, I know it seems you shouldn't read this by what it says above. But, please give this fic a chance you might suprisingly enjoy it!!! Not only is this story completed, but it includes multiple alternate endings. Have fun reading if you dare try it!
Last edited by Bri+Jason2830 on Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you." ~ Anonymous
Realistic Dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Realistic Dreamer »

These are one-part companion pieces, told from Max and Liz's POV, when Liz comes back from her summer in Florida and they meet on the street for the first time. The authors are Terri & Whirling Girl and they were originally posted on Crashdown.com:

I'm Not Okay Max POV

http://www.crashdown.com/fanfic/max_liz ... Girl.shtml

Say Goodbye Liz POV

http://www.crashdown.com/fanfic/max_liz ... Girl.shtml
"It wasn't love at first sight. It took a full five minutes." ... Lucille Ball on meeting Desi Arnaz
sylvia37
Addicted Roswellian

Post by sylvia37 »

Lost Summer of the White Room

Story by Realistic Dreamer. Exactly what the title suggests. Her take on Max's summer before the second season began. Get out the tissue folks. It's horrible and wonderful all at the same time.

Sylvia
Lisa: Do we have any food that wasn't brutally slaughtered?

Homer: Well, I think the veal died of loneliness.
Bri+Jason2830
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Bri+Jason2830 »

I Will Remember You by ISLANDGIRLS
Summary: Liz remembers.
AU ~ M/L, L/K

I just finished reading this fic, and it made me cry my eyes out!!! It is so sad, but still a great read.
"I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you." ~ Anonymous
xmag
Addicted Roswellian

Post by xmag »

Seasons

Author : Majesty

Summary : post-departure. Max's life once he left the group to fight the aliens.

http://genesis71.freeserverhost.com/seasons/seasons.htm
xmag
Addicted Roswellian

Post by xmag »

Title : Pilgrim souls

Author : Emilyluvsroswell

http://www.geocities.com/ntempest/Fics/ ... Souls.html

Summary : Max, Isabel and Michael leave for Antar, to fight the war. Years later, only Max and Michael come back. CC, character death.

Michael : From day one, I knew you were the girl for me, I never wanted anyone else.
bluesands
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by bluesands »

Itzstacie wrote:Go Ask Elizabethby Ashley
ML Complete
She doesn't a summary, but if you really want a good cry, I recommend this story.
I just read it and I comletetly agree this is a great fic. A very good cry.
Made by Me (Bluesands)