The ONE Fic I insist you read Recommendations

Is the title of a certain fic driving you nuts? Can you not find the latest update of your recent fanfic obsession? Are you looking for the best fic on a certain theme or with a certain pairing? Looking for other Roswell Fanfiction Sites? Come here for answers to all your most pressing fanfiction questions.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

touched by an alien
Addicted Roswellian

Post by touched by an alien »

Brookyln by nicola.

I love this story because its set in the 60's and if I'd had it my way I would have been born around that genre just to be a hippie. Its mainly M/L fic. Max is a musician, and Liz is a groupie who falls in love with him while meeting him on their tour bus. Its diffinately one of the most creative fics I've read. I've probably read only a hundred times-lol.

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... c8d91ab0b8
Life is an occasion... rise to it.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

You know I'm sure that most of the stories that have been mentioned here are all great stories. But I bet most are all angst filled and very serious. So that's why I'm posting this one. This story has the whole Roswell show written as an over exaggerated over the top soap opera. It's titled As The Orb Glows..... :lol: sorry but that still cracks me up. :lol:

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 91f362e28f
Cinder
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Cinder »

This is a UC recommendation, polar pairing in particular.

Finding Ulysses by Peachykin
Summary: Six years after Graduation, Michael's got someone on his mind.

This story drew me back in when I was slowly losing interest in fanfiction.
Life is a zoo in a jungle.
Peter De Vries
Zendorox
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Zendorox »

This was tough. Several I thought of are already here, but.... you can't NOT read the Smoke & Mirrors series by Diehard (aka RosGmom). It's a series, you got to read them together to get the full "punch".

Smoke & Mirrors, Here & Now, Retribution

Zen
lizard_queen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by lizard_queen »

My turn. A well known fic through the Ros community and a great read. It's funny and random but that's why i love it.

Spin by Incognito.

She wrote a sequel of sorts to it as well called Core which is Spin but in Max's POV, so there are extra parts thrown in there, but that one seems to have dissapeared off the web and it never got finished anyway. :(
:D Ki-ki :D

My Stuff

Jen C
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Jen C »

This is the most angsty fic that I have ever read, but when I read the title of this thread, it was the first fic that I thought of.

BennieBA's For All

Jen
xmag
Addicted Roswellian

Post by xmag »

Since "Everything to you", by Sylvia, has already been recommanded, here is one that is a must :

Title : The offer

Author : Misha

Summary : Post-graduation, the gang is on the run until someone makes them an offer (book 1 in the Messengers trilogy). CC, group fic.

Amazing fic, I have never read a fic where the author has planned a story for so long, which is such a clever read, with an incredible mystery (except for some HP fics). For those who have seen the tv show The Pretender, it's as complicated and fascinating as this show. I would have completly stopped reading Roswell fics, if it wasn't for this fic.

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopic.php?t=12161
Calinia
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Calinia »

Point of Origin by PolarMafiaAssoc

When reading this story it’s not hard to tell that the crème de la crème of polar writers got together to create this masterpiece. This story features some of the most brilliant character portrayals I have ever read in fanfiction, all the characters are spot on without leaning too much in one direction or the other. An amazing storyline that once again offers the opportunity to set it all right, lots of humor, lots of angst, and most importantly, they fit Alec and just a tiny hint of x-tremerism into the story! A must-must read.
Tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic.
holier than thou | katastrophee
Updated 03/16/07 | Updated 02/10/08
jbangelo
Administrator

Post by jbangelo »

At the risk of being labelled a cheater, I'm going to rec a series. ;)

Title: After Tess | After Tess 2 | After Tess 3: Unfinished Business
Author: Midwest Max
Rating: MATURE
Pairings: Max/Liz, Michael/Maria, Kyle/Ava, Kyle/Isabel
Summary: Post-Departure. Some old enemies return.

Really, I could have recommended any of Karen's stories, because I love them all, but this one is a particular fave. It has everything - romance, suspense, comedy - and every part will leave you hanging on the edge of your seat dying to read more. And, of course, one of the big reasons I love it is for the wonderful K/I storyline. ;) Give it a read. You won't be disappointed.
“You know you’re right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself.”

Ms_Capeside
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Ms_Capeside »

A lot of the really good stories by really great writers have already been recommended. DMartinez is another really good writer. Her stories range from CC stories about Max and Liz to AU without aliens and UC and slash. Her language use and composition is exellent. Sometimes the stories are like a thriller, sometimes it is romance and sometimes they are really steamy. It is hard to pick one, but... If you can handle it you should try Beloved Unloved http://www.roswellfanfic.com/viewtopic. ... a0cbc8de4b
Last edited by Ms_Capeside on Mon May 15, 2006 4:05 am, edited 2 times in total.