Recommended Science Fiction Stories

Is the title of a certain fic driving you nuts? Can you not find the latest update of your recent fanfic obsession? Are you looking for the best fic on a certain theme or with a certain pairing? Looking for other Roswell Fanfiction Sites? Come here for answers to all your most pressing fanfiction questions.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Kath7
Administrator

Recommended Science Fiction Stories

Post by Kath7 »

Post links to all your favorite Sci-Fi stories here. Please make sure it isn't already on the thread before linking it.

NOTE: UC stories CAN be recommended here. Just make sure you identify it as such.
ISLANDGIRL5
Forum Moderator

Post by ISLANDGIRL5 »

Reccomended by Zendorox

A Call To Arms by Bennie
This fic won Best Science Fiction Story and Best Future Fanfiction in RosDeirdre's Fall Roswellian Fanfiction Awards,
and Best Sci-Fi Fic in the Venus Rising Fan Fiction Awards.

Extremely Sci-Fi, Future Fic ... far future. Absolutely THE best Sci-Fi Roswell story I've ever read.

The summary straight from the fic itself:
Years from now, Liz is a soldier in the Alliance and the consort of an Antarian king, facing her own personal war.
I once heard that dust is made up of human skin cells. If that's true, I think there's a naked man under my bed!
alienmom
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by alienmom »

i love that one too! the first bennie story i read!

stay the night by deejonaise a one parter, not scifi but it prequels the next story.

the sequel yours by deejonaise her visions of antar are nothing less than amazing!

the roswellian codex by patrolus76 is very unique and quite exciting. written from an interesting perspecterive.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"I am never far away. To find me, follow your heart." cherie
mom's cookie jar
xmag
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Recommended Science Fiction Stories

Post by xmag »

- Title: In Destiny's shadow

Author: PML

Summary
: This story has been running through my head for a while. My plan is to put a bit of a spin on the second season, starting at Wipeout. At this point our heroes have much to grapple with, their leaders Max and Liz have managed to break themselves. Isabel is haunted by her past life. Maria’s heart is still not whole. Michael is suffering divided loyalties. Both Alex and Kyle are out of the loop by this point. Only Tess seems to be having things go her way. A perfect time to add complications, as unbeknownst to our heroes their enemies have planned a counterstrike for their actions at Copper Summit. They will have the chance to fulfill their destinies, but first they have to live through the Longest Day.

The Longest day is the first of four books- followed by Eidolon/Reflections, Shadows of the Past, and Redemption.

Link: http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 37&t=15995

Note: an epic tale, so worth reading!

- Title: In Destiny's shadow: Eidolon (sequel to In Destiny's shadow)

Summary
: This is the second book of In Destiny’s Shadow. The first was In Destiny’s Shadow – The Longest Day, and told of our heroes’ defense of themselves and Roswell when Nicholas and a small army of Skins arrived to ostensibly destroy them. But despite their successful defense of their home, it was not without price.

First a brief recap. Liz was captured and the enemy attempted to turn her. Maria was nearly killed, saved only by a fateful choice by Michael. Both Kyle and Isabel are forced to reconcile their ability to kill in defense of their friends. Tess has frightened both friend and foe by an incredible display of power, while she fears the growing potential that she senses in Liz, Kyle, and Maria. And Alex is already suffering under a mind warp that will see him accomplish a goal for Tess, all while he has unwittingly saved Isabel from a dire fate. Finally, in the process of healing his friends, Max learned that Liz and Kyle did not sleep together. But why she deliberately hurt him is not the only secret he must contend with, secrets that threaten to destroy many of the relationships in his life that make it worth living.

This is made more complicated by what our heroes have seen. For in addition to the stress that holding off the Skins has brought, the pod squad is starting to remember bits of their past lives. In addition, Liz has started receiving flashes, not only of the past and present, but also of the future that was.

They have survived the Longest Day, but there will be no respite. For Nicholas’s raid on Roswell was an ill conceived last minute addition to an intricate plot which is nearing completion. And as secrets are exposed and dreams stalk the day, as they must contend with their very own reflections; can they truly survive Eidolon?

Link: http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 37&t=17538

- Title: In Destiny's shadow: Shadow of the past (Sequel to In Destiny's shadow and Eidolon) WIP

Summary
: This is the third book of In Destiny’s Shadow. The first was the The Longest Day(aka In Destiny’s Shadow.) It picks up on the morning of the first Skin assault on Roswell. Our heroes were successful in their defense, but not without price.

The second book Eidolon relates how our heroes recover and absorb some of the changes forced on them by the Longest Day. Long hidden secrets are revealed, including the existence of a second set of hybrids. The second set had been approached by the governments of Antar and the more powerful of Antar’s colonies. As their Max analogue Zan was unwilling to meet with the leaders, Lonnie and Rath killed him, in the hope of finding Max a more willing participant.

While Max is convinced to attend, things back in Roswell do not go smoothly. Both Liz and Maria are developing powerful abilities, both of which prove necessary in their struggle to survive a second attack on Roswell. In addition bits and pieces of the Pod Squad’s former selves are starting to show, and not all they contain is pleasant.

Of all of the friends, only Alex seems untouched by fate. Only he has avoided the attacks and the necessity of Max healing him. Unknown to all but Tess and Isabel, Alex did not go to Sweden as planned. He is in Las Cruces working on translating the Destiny Book, a task more important than any would believe.

Our heroes have faced their foes in the Longest Day and faced deception in Eidolon. Are they truly ready to face the Shadows of the Past?

Link: http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... =4&t=19764

Michael : From day one, I knew you were the girl for me, I never wanted anyone else.
ladygloria
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Recommended Science Fiction Stories

Post by ladygloria »

Rightful King by Sablaine. It's UC, but in such a well done way that I don't think anyone will mind at all. She also has a matching Antarian Language and Research post on the site that will boggle the scientific/creative mind!
Polarattraction.net: Where there are 820 reasons and counting to envy Michael Guerin....