Recommended Period Pieces

Is the title of a certain fic driving you nuts? Can you not find the latest update of your recent fanfic obsession? Are you looking for the best fic on a certain theme or with a certain pairing? Looking for other Roswell Fanfiction Sites? Come here for answers to all your most pressing fanfiction questions.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Kath7
Administrator

Recommended Period Pieces

Post by Kath7 »

Post links to all your favorite stories set in another time here. Please make sure it isn't already on the thread before linking it.

NOTE: UC stories CAN be recommended here. Just make sure you identify it as such.
ISLANDGIRL5
Forum Moderator

Post by ISLANDGIRL5 »

Reccomended by Buxom Brunette

Uphill Battle
by Anais Nin
Summary: M/L PG The story is set in Germany, before, during and after WWII (1939-1945, Europe). Max is German, Liz is Jewish. They were friends before Hitler came into power, but their different nationalities drove them apart. Wonderful, heartbreaking story.
I once heard that dust is made up of human skin cells. If that's true, I think there's a naked man under my bed!
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

The Isle by blake
Summary:Liz has lost her memory and is stranded on an island with a very handsome, but very annoying, plantation owner.
Complete, M/L

Love & Marriage by blake
Summary:The new Earl of Kingston needs a bride, the pretty Miss Parker seems to be perfect for the role, but love doesn't seem to be playing a large part in the marriage and Elizabeth wants more from her husband.
Complete, M/L

Behind the Glamour by nicola
Summary:When Elizabeth and Maxwell meet they have an instantaneous pull towards one another. Though Elizabeth is ‘happily’ married they can not help but let their passion overtake them and leisurely begin pursuing one another when backs are turned. In a scandalous fight to unleash desires neither have experienced before they may obliterate their homes, reputations and nuptials. When what was a search for unleashing sexual frustration turns into much more will they have to make the choice to linger together or return to their ordinary lives?
Complete, M/L
ISLANDGIRL5
Forum Moderator

Post by ISLANDGIRL5 »

Destiny's Circle by Kath7

This story is the only one I've ever read that made me hate Kyle. That alone is enough to give Kath props, lol.

But this story is great, and gets you emotinally vested in the characters. A wonderful piece of fanfiction set in midieval times. "Midieval Mayhem involving our favorite Roswellians", the author's own words.

This story does not dissapoint, and is well worth the time.
I once heard that dust is made up of human skin cells. If that's true, I think there's a naked man under my bed!
Itzstacie
Forum Moderator

Post by Itzstacie »

A Farewell to Arms by Nicola, Lana & Scifidreamer
SUMMARY: Basically it's the dreamer version of the movie 'love and war' with a few different twists and a different ending. Max is a New Zealand soldier and Liz is an American nurse
Last edited by Itzstacie on Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ISLANDGIRL5
Forum Moderator

Post by ISLANDGIRL5 »

Reccomended by ebony

You and the Night and the Music by Nicola - nobody writes period like Nicola writes period! The detail and melancholy in this fic is just beautiful
behrlyliz
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrlyliz »

Accept The Challenge by LiLEvEe
Summary: AU (no aliens, no destiny) and CC ((mainly Max/Liz)) set in ‘Once Upon A Time’ land.

Brooklyn by Nicola
Summary:Set in the 60's. Basically it's about...sex drugs and rock 'n roll.

I know the next two stories aren't finished but they're still very good

The Evans: A Rake's Betrothal by A Rose Is True Blue.
Summary:It's a historical romance. The first in the series (The Evans). I'm going to be writing a fic for each couple (Max/Liz, Michael/Maria, Alex/Isabel, and Kyle/Tess). Max, Michael, Alex, and Kyle are all Evans... and this is the story of Max and Liz. They've been betrothed since Liz was born, but have never met. What happens when they finally do.... but under false names?

Chasing Arizona by ISLANDGIRL5.
Summary:It's 1876. Liz has run away from home. She doesn't know where she is going or what whe will do. This is her story.
Team Framing Hanley
My Fics~My Challenges~My Space
jbangelo
Administrator

Post by jbangelo »

Title: Here Be Dragons
Author: tequathisy
Pairings: Michael/Maria, Max/Liz
Rating: ADULT
Summary: Maria gets lost on a car journey and ends up in the mysterious town of Roswell where she makes an amazing discovery - the journal of a girl who had been brought back from the dead by an alien three hundred years ago.
“You know you’re right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself.”

Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

A Romance to Remember by Lisa1783
Summary: Based a bit on the book Jane Eyre. Liz Parker is hired to take care of a large mansion for the brooding and mysterious owner, Max Evans. Takes place in some deserted, moory place. I guess England will do. Takes place in the 1800's.
Complete, M/L
DreamerLaure
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Recommended Period Pieces

Post by DreamerLaure »

The Evans: Rake’s Bethrothal by A Rose Is True Blue
Max and Liz have been betrothed since birth, but they’ve never met each other before. What happens when they finally do…but under false names?

A Duke, a Governess, and a Little Lady by mattie788
Elizabeth Parker is a governess for Emily Burming in the early 1800s but when tragedy strikes they move 3000 miles away, to live with a cousin Emily's never met and a Duke Elizabeth might wished she hadn't.

The Legend of Daring Elk & Horse Dreamer by shadowlynxbehr
Max is a Native American warrior whose tribe has always valued strength of character in both genders. Liz is a white girl who was captured in a raid when she was a child. Now a young woman, she is a slave who is mistreated by her owners. Max has grown to know this woman who always has the strength to stand up for her rights and those of the other slaves.
"The expected is just the beginning. The unexpected is what changes our lives."
Meredith - Grey's Anatomy