Recommended Polar Fics

Is the title of a certain fic driving you nuts? Can you not find the latest update of your recent fanfic obsession? Are you looking for the best fic on a certain theme or with a certain pairing? Looking for other Roswell Fanfiction Sites? Come here for answers to all your most pressing fanfiction questions.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Kath7
Administrator

Recommended Polar Fics

Post by Kath7 »

Post links to all your favorite Michael/Liz stories here. Please make sure it isn't already on the thread before linking it.
ISLANDGIRL5
Forum Moderator

Post by ISLANDGIRL5 »

Oi. I have to reccomend the story that made me go UC.

Finding Ulysses by Peachykin

This story is amazing, and made my little CC heart believe in the UC. It makes Liz and Michael believable, without making you hate Max. Great story, wonderfully written.
I once heard that dust is made up of human skin cells. If that's true, I think there's a naked man under my bed!
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LovinGuerin2Much »

ISLANDGIRL5 wrote:
Oi. I have to reccomend the story that made me go UC.

This story is amazing, and made my little CC heart believe in the UC. It makes Liz and Michael believable, without making you hate Max. Great story, wonderfully written.
I agree with everything she said 100%...great, great fic.
Cinder
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Cinder »

Point of Origin by PolarMafia&Assoc
Summary: Unhappy with the turn of events in Roswell, the Granolith decides to take the fate of the world and the small group of humans and aliens into its ‘hands.’ With the help of their guide, River Dog, the seven remaining members of the group travel through alternate realities. Many revelations will occur, some good, some bad, some heartbreaking; in the end, will they get a second chance to set things right?

The Polar Novel by whiteotter
Summary: "The Polar Novel is the official recording of Michael and Liz's secret lives together in Roswell, New Mexico. The recordings begin when Liz Parker left Max Evans in the desert and then backtrack to when Michael returned Liz's journal to document how their relationship first began.

Memory of Her by Peachykin
Summary: First few chapters are Michael and Liz POV, but switches to third person. What happens when Michael and Liz finally reveal their love?

Journey's End by DarkVixen
Summary: Michael gets an unexpected chance to change the past...

Shadows and Light by DarkVixen
Summary: Michael fights a war within his soul. Will he be able to save himself before he does the unthinkable?

Nemesis Game by DarkVixen and its tag Seconds by Peachykin
Summary: This is hard to explain, so bear with me…This does not follow any episodes after Independence Day and is set around the summer after their sophomore year of college. Alex is alive; him and Isabel live in Boston. Tess, is not evil and never betrayed the group, she and Max are together in California. Maria’s in New York working on her second album. Liz and Kyle are the only ones who remain in living Roswell. As for Michael, well you’ll find out later.

Shaken Not Stirred by ofwolfandman408
Summary: An enemy has been identified, it’s up to Michael and Liz to follow him...

Fumbling Towards Ecstasy by Dimensia
Summary: Hold on, hold on to yourself, this is gonna hurt like hell... One late September afternoon, Liz Parker was shot and brought back to life by an alien. Days before, in a dark, rainy alley, she unknowingly helped another. When their lives are bound by an otherworldly secret, Michael and Liz vow to forget that night, and the all-too-human secret they share. But their hearts have other ideas. As things get complicated and lives change, will they give in to the bond between them, or will secrets and lies destroy everything and everyone they care about?

Healing by Queenie and Romantic Heart
Summary: Set after “Behind the Music”.

Sunset Boulevard by irish2002
Summary: Times change, people change with them. But change them enough and they all come full circle in the end.

Boys Night Out by ladygloria
Summary: Set about a year after graduation; however, most of S3 events involving Liz and Max did not happen, Isabel did not get married, and most of the gang are still safe in Roswell.

Double Negatives by JadaLyn and Lauren
Summary: This story was inspired by Challenge # 2 issued at Bennie and Reese's website Common Ground. Hopefully we can do it justice.

More You Understand by newyrday78
Summary: My story begins 10 years after Graduation and is told from Liz Parker’s point of view. She basically is chronicling what happened over the past ten years on the run. She explains the rise and fall of the group and the deterioration and birth of several relationships.

Moment of Truth by Royal Confusion (aka Dimensia & Queenie)
Summary: Takes place in the not-so-distant Roswell future. The timeline followed canon through the beginning of Season Three, and then we tinkered liberally. Max and Liz split amicably at the end of Control, Michael and Maria still called it quits in Behind the Music, and things changed drastically for all involved during Tale of Two Parties.

Lessons in Love by verybehry
Summary: Takes place in the summer after 'Departure'. Max wants to get back together with Liz. She feels insecure about her lack of experience, because Max isn't a virgin anymore and decides to get herself a tutor! Anybody wanna guess who?

The Alien Side series Something Primal, Closer and Control by Zanzabehr
Summary: Michael and Max bring their alien sides to the surface trying to remember their last lives but things quickly turn nasty. (do not read if you get offended easily, it may be a little squeamish). A/N: Certainly not my best....This just came to me, and as you sometimes do you just have to write it no matter how weird it is. The Time Period is mid season Two after both Meet the Dupes and The End of the World have happened.
Life is a zoo in a jungle.
Peter De Vries
bluesands
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by bluesands »

ISLANDGIRL5 wrote:Oi. I have to reccomend the story that made me go UC.

I totally agree ***** five stars
Made by Me (Bluesands)
KiaraAlexisKlay
Addicted Roswellian

Post by KiaraAlexisKlay »

Did you all know that polar attraction no longer exists? I can't take it! And I was trying to get access to the afterhours....sucks for a twenty year old to prove that she's over eighteen.

But that's not the point! So many great Michael and Liz fics are now gone...*moans and laments*

~Kristin

banner made by RoswellOracle!
anonymousarfan
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by anonymousarfan »

KiaraAlexisKlay wrote:Did you all know that polar attraction no longer exists? I can't take it! And I was trying to get access to the afterhours....sucks for a twenty year old to prove that she's over eighteen.

But that's not the point! So many great Michael and Liz fics are now gone...*moans and laments*

~Kristin
It's not gone, it's been down for a couple of days but it's up again.

Recommendations? I thinks most fics at Polar Attraction are amazing, and you could always check the archive, but I'll come back with mines soon
anonymousarfan
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by anonymousarfan »

Since most of my favourites were already recommended, and I love all Polar fics, I'll add a few for now.

A Vegas Wedding by Gaudy and all her stories
Summary: This takes place in the episode Viva las Vegas

Walk Away by LolaCabana
Summary: Set directly after It's Too Late, And It's Too Bad. It follows a slightly different timeline, though, (till Baby, It’s You—then it’s all mine) so beware.

Assuming the Wilderness by DMartinez and all other stories about this author
Summary: 17 years after Destiny. The Roswellians have scattered to the winds and assumed new identities after high school. Lives have changed.

Lessons in Love by verybehry and all other stories
Summary: Takes place in the summer after 'Departure'. Max wants to get back together with Liz. She feels insecure about her lack of experience, because Max isn't a virgin anymore and decides to get herself a tutor! Anybody wanna guess who?

I can add, if you want recommendations there's a forum over at Polar Attractions that's dedicated to recommendations Intro to the Polar World
dce
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by dce »

I'd like to recommed The Perfect Plan by Laura. It's not your typical Polar fic but I really liked it.
Cinder
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Cinder »

KiaraAlexisKlay wrote:Did you all know that polar attraction no longer exists? I can't take it! And I was trying to get access to the afterhours....sucks for a twenty year old to prove that she's over eighteen.

~Kristin
I apologize to the admin/mods if this is not the appropriate place to post this, but Polar Attraction does indeed still exist. The staff there has limited afterhours access to those who are seventeen and over. To gain access, click here for more information. The change was effection April 2005. If you or anyone else has questions, send me a pm here or at PA.

Cinder
Life is a zoo in a jungle.
Peter De Vries