When the Past Comes Crashing Home (M/L,ADULT) END - 2/9

All finished stories from the Unconventional Couples board, the Crossover board, and the Alien Abyss boards will eventually be moved here. See those forums for descriptions.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, Erina, Forum Moderators

Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: Okay I'm back, thank you for your great feedback :D like usual you guys are great and i have to tell you i was surpised that you didnt mind Liz's olive branch. I also think that you'll find Maria a lot more tolerable in the future. Also, hi lurkers :D .

kay_b
LoveIsForever
FSUMSW94
Liz86000
cornflakegirl
Smac
begonia9508
frenchkiss70
g7silvers
Jason's Lover

Part 30

‘Hi Mommy’ Parker smiled as Liz entered the house with a few shopping bags.

‘Hi honey’ she smiled back ‘can you help me with the groceries in the car please?’ she asked him.

He nodded quickly before running out to the garage.

Max walked into the kitchen and smiled when he noticed Liz was back, and busy unpacking.

‘Wow you bought enough to feed an army’ he laughed.

‘Well you and Parker eat enough, but that’s nothing compared to Michael and Kyle, and we cant forget the other ten or so people that are expecting food’ she joked.

‘Hmm true’

‘Go help your son with the rest of the bags’ he pushed him out of the kitchen. She knew that she had to tell him about Maria, she just wasn’t sure what type of reaction she was going to get.

Parker and Max returned several minutes later with the remainder of the shopping bags, Parker was smiling and telling Max about something that had happened at his friends John’s place earlier in the day.

‘Hey Park why don’t you go upstairs and get ready for tonight’ Max suggested and Liz noticed that he was wearing a frown.

When Parker had run up the stairs Max turned and looked at Liz expectantly ‘Liz?’ he questioned.

Liz sighed, she cursed the connection she shared with Max at that moment ‘Max’ she sighed back.

‘What could you have possible done that you would think I would be upset about?’ he asked her.

‘Well I don’t know if you’re going to be upset exactly’ she replied

Max walked into the kitchen and pulled Liz towards him until she was looking at him ‘Your right, it would take a lot for you to upset me’ he told her.

‘I ran into Maria in the supermarket and I kind of invited her tonight’ she told him hurriedly.

Max stood and looked at her for a few minutes with a strange look on his face, but Liz could tell from the their connection that he was neither upset or angry with her.

‘Um why?’ he asked her scratching his ear.

‘I’m nor sure exactly’ she smiled ‘I guess I just felt sorry for her, she looks totally different and she seemed lonely. I just thought this might be a good opportunity for her to talk to Alex and everyone again’ he continued to ramble.

Max smiled at the angel in his arms, he already knew that she was an extraordinary women and that he was extremely lucky to have her but once again she amazed him.

‘I love you’ he whispered.

‘I know’ Liz replied confused causing Max to laugh ‘It’s just that your such an amazing person. No one would have blamed you if you refused to talk to Maria ever again after some of the things she has said and done to you, but just like beautiful person you are, you’ve opened your arms to her’

Liz blushed at Max’s words, she thought his admiration was unfounded considering she herself thought that her intentions were completely selfish. Liz felt the tears immediately fill her eyes ‘I just miss her so much’ she looked up at Max as she said it.

‘I know you do baby’ he soothed pulling her against his hard chest.

‘Thank you’ she whispered.

Max pulled back so he could look into her eyes ‘Why?’

‘Because your always being so understanding. I mean I just invited your ex-wife over I know that’s got to be hard for you’

‘Your right it will probably be awkward but if Maria and I can be friends I would really like that as well, Liz’ he told her.

‘Ok, so you’ll break the news to your sister?’ Liz asked sheepishly, turning her pleading doe eyes to her soul mate. Liz knew that nearly everyone would welcome Maria with open arms with the exception of Isabel and Michael.

‘Only because you get the privilege of telling Michael’ he grinned.

Liz groaned, it was going to be a long night.

When 7 o’clock arrived the Parker Evans household was filled with quite a few people. They were sitting out side on the deck near the pool waiting for the last of their guests to arrive.

‘So who else is coming tonight?’ Tess asked from her seat next to Liz. Tess and Liz had been able to pick up where they left off from two years ago since Liz had been back, Tess had even asked Liz to be a bridesmaid in her wedding to Kyle in a few months time.

‘Oh both Max’s and my parents, Michael and possibly Maria’ she told them.

‘What?’ both Alex and Kyle asked shocked.

Luckily Isabel was in the kitchen helping Max prepare something, and hopefully he was already breaking the news to his sister.

‘You invited Maria? Why?’ Alex asked.

‘I know you guys are shocked, I was shocked that I did it but I ran into her this afternoon and she was so down and lonely’ she told them looking at them all.

‘I miss her Alex’ she whispered then to her best friend.

Alex’s gaze dropped to the ground at Liz’s words, he understood exactly how she felt because that’s how he had felt for the past two years.

‘I miss her too, but I miss the old Maria’ he replied.

‘Yeah well I’m hoping she might be back, she seemed different, hell she looked different’

‘She is different’ Kyle finished for them.

‘Yeah?’ Alex asked hopefully. Even though Kyle and Alex were the best of friends, Maria had been a taboo subject between them for many years.

‘Yeah she’s been doing a lot of sole searching the past three months’ he told them.

‘She apologized to Michael and Parker a few months ago’ Liz added ‘and to me this afternoon’

‘but is that enough Liz?’ Isabel’s voice asked surprising Liz who hadn’t been aware that she had joined the conversation.

Liz was surprised at the softened look in Isabel’s’ eyes she had expected the biggest fight from her about Maria’s presence ‘it’s a start’ she whispered.

‘you’re right’ Isabel agreed ‘I just don’t want to see you and Alex get hurt again if it turns out she hasn’t changed at all’ he admitted.

‘Me either’

The conversation what halted then by more arriving guests and soon everyone was mingling.

Michael pulled up out the front of Max and Liz’s on his bike and took of his helmet. He was running a late because of a little trouble at work. He knew Liz would understand.

He walked to the front door and could already hear all the chatting and laughter from inside and doubted that anyone would hear him if he rang the door bell anyway. He was just about to turn the knob when her heard a car pull up out the front. He was shocked to see a very different looking Maria Deluca get out of her red jetta.

‘I can’t believe you still have that thing’ he found himself saying as she walked towards the door.

‘Michael?’ It was dark and it was hard to see who was standing in the shadows.

‘Yep, what are you doing here?’ he asked her concerned that she was here to cause trouble.

‘Liz invited me actually’ she told him. She looked him over for the first time since he had come home and couldn’t deny that he looked good. He was more toned than he had been and his clothing seemed to have improved. But the most obvious changed was his hair which he was now back to keeping short and Maria liked it.

‘She did?’ Michael asked surprised. Why would Liz do a thing like that? He thought to himself.

‘Um yeah it was really nice of her but I’m not sure if anyone else is really going to be very welcoming’ she told him.

‘You sure you know what your doing?’ he found himself asking. Upon his return he had no sympathy for Maria but he had spent a lot of time with Max and Liz over the past few month and he knew what it was like to e around them and he didn’t wish that upon Maria.

‘I know that there going to be a tough crowd, Isabel especially and that I have a lot to make up for but I really want to try’ she told him.

‘That’s not what I mean’ he said then leaning against the door.

‘What do you mean then?’ she asked confused.

‘I mean Max and Liz. Are you sure you’re ready to see them together?’

‘Oh’ Maria frowned, she wasn’t sure but there was only one way to find out wasn’t there. ‘I’ve seen them more together than I would have cared to and I’m still standing. A little PDA wont break me Michael’ she assured him.

‘Okay’ he nodded before turning around and letting them into the house.

‘Shouldn’t we knock or something?’ she asked.

‘Nah open door policy for me’ he assured her.

Maria followed Michael through the house admiring the beautiful pictures on the walls, some she even recognized from Max’s study.

She was so busy looking at a picture of Max, Liz and Parker together that she didn’t notice Michael’s abrupt stop and ran straight into his back.

‘Michael what’ she started to berate him when Michael stepped aside and Maria caught sight of why he had stopped. Max and Liz were locked in a very passionate embrace against the kitchen bench.

Michael looked down expecting to see Maria upset and was surprised and even a little happy that she wasn’t ‘Are they always like that?’ she whispered, surprised and envious.

Michael ran a hand through his hair ‘Um yeah pretty much’ he told her before he cleared his throat loudly.

Max and Liz jumped apart like they were a couple of teenagers being caught by Liz’s Dad and Michael could help but laugh.

‘Wow you two look pretty funny right now’ he told them.

‘Michael’ Liz yelped ‘Maria’ she said even more surprised when she noticed her by Michael’s side.

‘Hey’ Maria smiled biting back a giggle.

‘You guys are just in time we’re about to start the BBQ, you can help me now Mike’ Max told them scratching his ear.

‘Yeah looks like you were having your entrée early, Max’ Michael laughed. This time Maria didn’t stop herself and she also joined him. Soon Liz and Max found themselves laughing along side them.

‘Come on’ Liz told them ‘Lets go outside’

‘Time to face the firing squad’ Maria joked moving next to Liz as they made their way through the kitchen and outside.

‘Hey it wont be too bad’ Liz assured her.

‘Thanks Liz’ Maria smiled. But the smile disappeared quickly when all laughter and talking stopped when she stepped foot on the patio.

TBC.... Just a warning that this was the last part that i had written so you'll get new parts as i write them... sorry but we're winding down :D
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: Hi everyone, thank you for your feedback on this fic. It's so great to find so many people love this fic and it saddens me that it is coming to an end. I'm not sure on how many more part to go quite yet but i will be finishing this up in the next couple of weeks. :cry: . Hi to all you lurkers out there too.

Anyway if your looking for a fic of mine to replace this check out either 'Postponing Forever' or 'Last Night on Earth' (co written with Lessie) on the AU board.

Once again a big THANX everyone

begonia9508
Jason's Lover

su-lyn - hey glad you stopped by, i hope you will more often lol

FSUMSW94
katrina
LoveIsForever
Behrsgirl77
kay_b
g7silvers
ayznshorti
frenchkiss70

Part 31

Everyone on the veranda immediately stopped talking when they saw Liz walk out with Maria. Some of them had expected it but for others, like the Parkers and the Evans they were completely surprised.

‘Everyone knows Maria right?’ Liz joked.

‘Thanks Liz’ Maria sighed in relief when everyone started acting normal again.

‘Mummy can I go swimming?’ Parker ran up and asked then.

‘Is someone going to go with you?’ Liz asked him. Parker looked around then, there were plenty of adults but none of them looked in any sort of hurry to go swimming. Liz watched as his little face fell ‘Why don’t you go and see if Uncle Alex or Uncle Kyle want to go in with you’ she suggested.

He smiled ‘Ok. Oh hi Maria’ he turned to her then.

Maria was a little surprised and happy that he had spoken to her.

‘Hi Parker’ she smiled back and watched in awe and envy as Liz and Max’s little boy ran off in the direction of Alex and Kyle. Maria couldn’t remember a time that she had been able to look at the boy and not felt jealous or annoyance but tonight she could and that told her a lot.

Liz also was surprised at the way Maria was looking at her son ‘Your so lucky, Liz’ Maria told her.

‘Yeah I know’ she smiled her hand unconsciously moving to her abdomen where her daughters were safely lying waiting for the time when they could come and play with their older brother.

‘Now that I’m feeling jealous or angry I can see what a great kid he is’ she continued.

‘I’m glad’ Liz told her. ‘Listen why don’t you go and see everyone I’m just going to check that Max and Michael aren’t burning the food’ she suggested.

Maria laughed ‘good idea’ before walking towards the direction of her one time friends.

Isabel’s back tenses when she heard Maria approach. ‘Hi guys’ she said.

‘Hi Maria’ Tess smiled. Despite the fact that during Tess had been put in the middle of things more times that she would like to count because of her close friendship with Max she had been able to remain friends with Maria for Kyle’s sake. Kyle did consider Maria his sister after all and Tess’s only regret was that she hadn’t been able to fit Maria into her wedding.

‘Maria’ Isabel nodded, she would try for Alex and Liz’s sake she told herself.

‘How are you, Maria? You look great’ Tess told her.

‘Um thanks’ Maria replied hesitantly ‘thought it was time for a change and I’m good. I just got back from a holiday a few weeks ago and I feel refreshed’

‘You have a nice tan’ Isabel told her.

‘Thanks’ Maria smiled maybe this wasn’t going to be as bad as she thought.

Throughout the night with the help of Kyle she had also been able to have a conversation with Alex as well. It wasn’t anything deep but it was a start and one that would accept happily she thought.

After most people had left Maria was still there helping do dishes in the kitchen when Max entered.

‘Hi’ she smiled. He hadn’t been very obvious but Maria had noticed that he had done his best to ignore her most of the night. She wasn’t surprised considering her behavior and she was just thankful that he had allowed her in his house at all.

‘Hey, you know you don’t have to do that I’ll take care of it in the morning’ Max told her. He had come into the kitchen to put the kettle on for some coffee. Michael, Isabel, Alex and Liz were all still in the living room chatting.

‘It’s the least I can do’ she shrugged and besides this was the first time she hadn’t felt alone in months, maybe even years she considered.

‘Did you want a tea or coffee?’ Max asked her.

‘Sure a coffee sounds good’ she answered.

Max hesitated for a moment, he wasn’t exactly sure how she took her coffee. ‘White with one, Max’ Maria told him. She would be lying if she said it didn’t hurt that he didn’t even remember how she took her coffee but then again it was just another one of the things that had always been wrong with her relationship with Max that she had never bothered to look at. Her therapist had told her that she had used Max as a way to cling on to Liz and even though at first she had denied it she realised now how true it was. Maria couldn’t remember a time before Liz’s disappearance that they hadn’t been in each others lives. Liz was the one she turned to when something was wrong and she had always come through for Maria. So it wasn’t surprising that when Maria started doubting her feelings for Michael that with out Liz there to help her through it Maria had fucked everything up.

‘thanks’ Max shrugged sheepishly.

‘Thanks for letting me be here tonight, Max’ she said then.

Max looked up surprised. ‘Um sure it was no problem’ he told her.

‘You don’t have to lie to me, Max. I know why you did this’ she told him.

Max raised an eyebrow.

‘You did it for Liz. I mean you avoided me all night’ she laughed.

‘Oh’ he frowned he didn’t think she had realised what he was doing.

‘It’s okay, Max I understand’ she smiled.

‘Thanks’ he told her. It wasn’t that he didn’t like Maria anymore he just felt uncomfortable around her.

‘I don’t think I’ll ever understand how much you truly love her’ she told him then.

Max turned back around surprised.

‘I mean I see it in everything you do and I understand why you love her, hell my life fell apart when I lost her but I finally understand how important she is too you. I thought she was lucky but truthfully you’re the lucky one’ she told him.

‘I am’ he smiled.

‘So am I’ she told him before moving forward to pick up one of the trays he had prepared and walked back into the living room leaving a shocked Max Evans behind.

The next day Max and Liz decided to take Parker to the fair that was in town before coming home and telling him the wonderful news.

‘That was the best’ Parker told them in the car on the ride home.

‘Glad you had fun, honey’ Liz replied turning to smile at her son and then Max who was grinning in the front seat.

When they reached the house Liz told Parker that they wanted to talk to him about something so they all sat down in the living room and Liz looked at Max indicating that he should start.

‘We have some great news to share with you’ Max told him.

Parkers face lit up. ‘Are we getting married?’ he asked.

Liz and Max both exchanged shocked looks ‘Um what made you think that?’ Liz asked him.

‘Oh well John’s mum and dad are married and they live together like us. So why aren’t we married?’

‘Well Parker do you remember how you and mummy used to live somewhere else?’ Parker nodded ‘well your mummy and I are just enjoying spending time together again and with you first’ he told him. The excuse sounded lame even to him so how could he expect his eight year old to buy it. But it once again reminded Max that there was still a lot of unfinished business in their lives. He wanted to marry Liz badly but he had held of because he didn’t want to rush her. Although she had been totally understanding since her return he realised it upset her the way everyone in town talked about her as though she was a home wrecker.

‘Sweetie, me and your dad love each other more than anything and we don’t need to be married to know that.’ Liz told him.

‘Okay’ he frowned.

Max looked at Liz concerned. Parker didn’t seem to have taken their explanations as well as they thought but they were too sure what else to tell him.

‘So what did you want to tell me?’ he asked then.

Max grinned ‘Remember those sisters you talked about?’ he asked his son.

Liz watched as her sons face and eyes lit up in excitement ‘Yes’ he nodded eagerly.

‘Have they been visiting lately?’ Liz asked him.

Parker nodded is head ‘Uh huh’ he told them.

‘Why didn’t you say anything?’ Max asked him.

Parker shrugged ‘they told me not too’.

‘Come here honey’ Liz called to him and when he moved to her and pulled him onto her lap so that she could look down at his little face and so Max could see him also.

Taking his little hand in his own, Max placed them on Liz’s abdomen and let the connection flare to life.

‘Mummy’ Parker gasped ‘my sisters are in you tummy’ he told her.

Max and Liz laughed ‘Yes they are’ she grinned.

Parker smiled ‘they’ll be here soon wont they?’

‘Well they have to stay in mummy stomach until they’re bid enough and that will take several more months’ Max explained.

‘And then they can play with me?’

Liz laughed ‘oh honey I don’t think they’ll be able to play with you right away, they’ll be too small’ she explained.

‘Oh’ Parker pouted and Liz couldn’t get over how much he looked like Max when he did it.

‘But you’ll get to show them how to do all the cool things that you can do’ Max reassured him.

‘Really?’ he asked his eyes wide with excitement.

‘Really’ Liz confirmed.

‘We love you mate’ Max told him then.

‘I love you too’ Parker told them.

The next morning when Liz woke up she found herself locked in Max’s embrace with his hand on her stomach and when she looked down she found her son had also joined them and was now lying with his head next to his sisters as well.

‘Perfect’ she sighed.

TBC.... If your reading my other fics you might have realised that i'm updating a different fic everyday (with the exception of LNOE and FK because i'm slack) so that means look out for an update in about three days time :D
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: Hi everyone. Thank you once again for you feedback, i really appreciate it and love the fact that after all this time there are still so many people reading this fic. Also, hi lurkers! :D

Hopefully this part should answer a couple of questions that some of you asked. Well i hope so anyway.

extingman - no they are divorced. Um well the rest are a lot of question lol, most which i dont have the answers too.

frenchkiss70
su-lyn
FSUMSW94
begonia9508
Jason's Lover
ayznshorti
kay_b
Dreamersworld

Part 32

1 month later

Liz played with her hands nervously in the car on the ride over to her parents place. Tonight was the night that she was going to share the news about her pregnancy and she wasn’t sure why she was no nervous. Her parents loved Max but most importantly they knew how much her and Max loved each other so she couldn’t see a reason why they would object. Maybe her nerves had more to do with the fact that Phillip and Diane Evans had also been invited.

‘Honey, calm down’ Max told her looking over from the drivers seat.

‘I’m calm’ she claimed causing Max to laugh.

‘Liz, you cant lie to me remember. I can feel how nervous you are’

‘Okay your right, I just want everything to go perfect’ she sighed reaching over to cover his hand on the gear stick.

‘Are we telling Nana and Pop and Granny and Grandpa about my sisters tonight?’ Parker asked from the back seat where he had been listening.

‘We sure are’ Max answered.

Over the past month Max and Liz had spent a lot of time reading through baby books trying to find names for the twins. Calling them ‘sisters’ wasn’t really cutting it with Parker and Liz was afraid if they didn’t make a decision soon he would come with his own names. Frankly, Liz loved her son but having her daughters being called Lee and Dee didn’t really appeal to her.

Unfortunately though they hadn’t found the perfect namesyet.

‘Yay’ Parker squealed, it had been really hard for him to keep it a secret and Max and Liz were proud of him. So proud that Max had bought him one of the latest games his friend John had as a reward. He thought Liz was going to shoot him when he had come home with the new computer game because between him, Parker and Michael the game never stopped.

‘And then later we’ll tell Aunty Isabel, Uncle Alex and Uncle Michael’ Liz told him. They had decided that they wanted to tell their family first but having everyone for dinner would have given away the fact that they had something to announce and the last thing Liz needed or wanted was to play the 20 question game with either Isabel or Michael.

When they pulled up in the alley beside the apartment they noticed that the Evans car was already there and Liz’s nerves peaked once again, causing Max to frown.

‘Park why don’t you go up and tell Nanny we’ll be there in a minute’ Max suggested.

‘Max’ Liz sighed.

‘Liz sweetie why are you so worried about what my parents are going to say?’

‘Aren’t you?’ she fired back. ‘I mean they were the least supportive when we told them we were getting back together, they’ll probably think you only got divorced because I’m pregnant’ she mumbled.

Before she could say much more Max leaned in and cut her off with a passionate kiss.

‘Elizabeth Claudia Parker, I love you more than anything on this earth or any other and our family and friends, including Maria know that. Please don’t let your fears ruin this moment, my parents are going to be stoked. Mum will immediately start making plans to go shopping and Dad will be so proud he wont stop smiling for a week’ he told her.

Liz took a deep breath and smiled then ‘You’re right, I know your right’ she grinned.

‘I love you’ she told him bringing their joined hands to her lips and kissing them.

‘I love you too’

Dinner had gone off with out a hitch, well except for the fact that neither Liz nor Max had made an announcement yet and they were getting ready to have dessert.

‘So Liz, I hear your work has been a hit around town’ Philip commented.

Since returning to work a couple of months ago Liz had been doing immensely well. She had been a little afraid at first that her type of work wouldn’t be appreciated in Roswell but boy had she been wrong. She was selling everything so quickly she could barely keep up and now she had agents from outside Roswell begging her to do a showing at the gallery as well.

‘Yeah those photos are single handedly going to put Parker through college’ she joked. Truth is they had practically paid their house off.

‘Oh that’s wonderful honey’ Nancy smiled.

Parker who had been eating his ice cream quietly from his seat next to his Dad decided to speak up then. ‘Daddy’ he whispered. Max looked down at his son and then leaned down when Parker indicated he wanted to tell him something.

‘Can I tell them?’ he asked.

Max gave Liz a look then silently asking her and once she nodded and smiled he told Parker to go ahead.

‘Hey Poppy guess what?’ he turned to Jeff Parker. For some reason Parker had bonded best with Jeff for some reason although his relationship with all his grandparents was close Liz and Max had noticed he seemed to favor Jeff for some reason and expected it had something to do with the food from the Crashdown. Like father like son.

‘Remember I told you I was going to have some sisters to play with one day?’ he asked

‘Yes’ Jeff replied nodding.

‘There in Mummy’s tummy getting big so they can come play, and her and Daddy said that I can teach them all the cool stuff I can do in some months’ he told him excitedly.

Four sets of eyes turned to Max and Liz then, who were both smiling at the way their son had broken the news.

‘Six months to be exact’ Liz confirmed, no longer worried about anyone reactions considering how happy her son was about it, that was enough for her and Max.

‘Sisters?’ Jeff Parker asked.

‘Twin girls’ Max confirmed with a huge grin.

‘Oh Lizzie, Max congratulations’ Nancy cried jumping out of her seat to come hug her daughter.

To Liz’s surprise Diane was next, pulling both her and Max into a hug telling them how happy she was.

After Jeff and Philip both got their chance to say congratulations as well the women went into the kitchen to start cleaning up leaving the men having a chat over a brandy, or in Max and Parkers case a cherry coke.

‘So Max,’ Philip started once Parker had got bored and left to watch TV. ‘When are you going to ask that wonderful women to marry you?’

Max shot a nervous look at Jeff Parker and noticed that he seemed curious to the answer as well.

‘Parker asked the same question the other night’ he sighed sadly.

‘And what did you tell him?’ Jeff asked.

‘Well to tell you the truth I didn’t know what to tell him so we tried to explain that we just wanted to spend some time together before we got married’ Philip and Jeff could both tell that Max didn’t seem happy about his answer though.

‘Is that how you feel?’ Philip asked.

‘No, I would have asked her to marry me the day my divorce came through if I thought she would say yes’ he told them honestly.

‘What makes you think she would say no?’ Jeff asked confused. He knew his daughter and he knew how much she loved Max.

‘Truthfully I think my marriage to Maria upsets her more than she likes to let on’ he sighed.

‘But that’s over, legally too’ Philip said

‘I know that, she knows that but the rest of Roswell doesn’t. How do you think she feels when she comes into the Crashdown or to the supermarket and hears people whispering about her being a home wrecker. And right now I think she would refuse because she would expect people would say I only left Maria and married her because she was pregnant’ he whispered sadly.

Jeff and Philip both nodded in understanding. Neither had realized what Liz had been going though.

‘Max, if you love Liz and want to marry her you should just ask her’ Jeff said then. ‘If she says no ask her why and when she tells you change her mind’

‘I don’t want to guilt her into it though’ Max argued.

‘I think she may surprise you, making an honest women out of her might be just what she wants and needs but she’s too afraid to ask’ Philip explained.

Max nodded his head ‘I have the ring picked out and everything’ he admitted.

‘Well then. do it already’ Jeff laughed.

‘I might need some help’ Max said then.

‘Ok what do you need?’ Philip asked.

‘Would you be willing to help take care of Parker for a weekend so I can take Liz away?’

‘Of course’ they both said together ‘When?’

Max thought about and quickly ran his schedule through his head, he had a four day weekend coming up in two days time and it would be perfect.

‘Two weeks time?’ he suggests.

‘Done’ both men smiled.

On the way home in the car Max found it impossible to keep the smile of his face. He couldn’t stop making plans and running ideas through his head about their weekend away and he couldn’t wait to go pick up the ring he had picked out weeks ago. He was thankful that he had put that extra money aside that Maria had given him from the sale of the house now, this way he wouldn’t have to worry about eating into their savings or Liz finding out.

‘Well that went well’ Liz interrupted his thoughts.

‘Yep, told you’ he laughed.

‘Haha’ she replied.

Parker had fallen asleep on the way home so Max put him to bed before joining Liz downstairs. Michael had already arrived and they were just waiting on Alex and Isabel before they shared their news with them. They would tell Kyle and Tess the next day and then after that Liz would go and see Maria. Max had offered to tell her but Liz decided the news would be taken best from her. They had continued to build a new friendship over the past months, having had lunch a couple of times.

‘Sorry we’re late’ Isabel sighed as she walked in the door. Liz did a double take when she saw how happy Isabel and Alex both looked, in fact Isabel was practically glowing and Liz told herself.

‘Thanks’ she grinned. ‘They say pregnancy will do that to you’ she said.

It took a few moments for Max, Liz and Michael to realize what she had said.

‘What!’ they all gasped.

Isabel and Alex grinned ‘I’m pregnant’ she told them again.

‘Oh my god this is so fantastic’ Liz squealed rushing to hug her and Alex. ‘Do you know what this means’ she said then excitedly to Isabel ‘we’re going to be pregnant together’

‘What!’ Isabel, Alex and Michael gasped.

Max laughed. ‘We asked you guys over to share the news. Liz is three months pregnant with twin girls’ he explained.

‘Oh My God’ Isabel squealed ‘I’m three months too’

‘Man what have they put in the water on Murray Lane’ Michael joked good naturedly before standing up and offering hugs to both Liz and Isabel. ‘God help us all’ he said then looking at Max and Alex who both laughed and nodded in agreement.

Liz and Isabel pregnant together and living next door to each other was going to be a nightmare they all thought.

TBC.... ICFY was updated yesterday along with Finding a King on the AU board. PF will be updated tomorrow and look out for a new part of LNOE this weekend. Cheers readers
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: Hi everyone. Thank you for your great feedback, and a big hi lurkers :D . Ok I've been warning for a while but here is the last. I can only see two more part for this fic and they might no come as quickly as they should. I apologise for not posting this part yesterday (as per the schedule) but i had a lot of trouble writing it. Anyway I hope you enjoy.

behrlyliz
FSUMSW94
frenchkiss70
LoveIsForever
begonia9508
Dreamersworld
g7silvers
su-lyn
Jason's Lover
Spicy trini1
KParkerEvans
ayznshorti

Part 33

‘Max where are we going?’ Liz asked from the passenger side of his SUV.

She had woken up this morning with plans to do housework and maybe coffee with Isabel only to find that Max had packed them a bag and organized for Parker to spend the weekend with their parents.

‘It’s a surprise’ he smiled.

‘Max’ she whined.

‘Liz’ he laughed back.

‘Ok, so it’s a surprise but that still doesn’t explain why you didn’t tell me about it before this morning. I mean what would you have done if I had plans?’ she asked him.

‘Well it’s simple gorgeous’ he smiled ‘You never make plans on my weekends off because we like to sleep in and spend a lot of time making love’ he laughed.

He watched as Liz frowned ‘You make us sound like a pair of nymph’s’ he said.

Snaking a hand up high on her thigh ‘well we have a lot of time to make up for’ he told her.

Liz moaned ‘We sure do, so is that what this weekend is about?’ she asked.

Max laughed ‘oh there will definitely be plenty of time for that’ he told her.

The car turned silent after that as Liz allowed here eyes to close and have a nap. Max wasn’t taking them far just to a cute bed and breakfast in the dessert just an hour outside of Roswell. He was still feeling completely nervous about what he planned for them that night. He had picked up the ring that he had already picked out a few days earlier, he didn’t want to risk having it any earlier in case Liz accidentally found it. He knew she would love the ring but he just wasn’t confident that she would accept the proposal that came with it.

‘Max’ Liz’s voice startled him from his crazy thoughts, he had been careful to filter things through their connection but he had let his guard down then thinking that she was asleep.

‘Yeah’ he replied.

‘Will we be there soon?’ she asked.

It was close to lunchtime now ‘Yeah about ten minutes’ he assured her.

Liz gasped when they pulled up out the front of quaint little bed and breakfast 10 minutes later. It was like nothing she had ever seen before especially tucked out in the dessert. It was freshly painted a sunshine yellow and all the two story windows had small balconies.

‘Max, what is this place?’ she asked.

‘This is where we’re staying tonight’ he told her. He was extremely happy that she liked the place. He had actually found out about it by pure coincidence. The owner was a patient of his in the ER a few months earlier and had told Max about the place telling him to come and stay sometime.

‘Do you like it?’ He asked her.

‘It’s fantastic’ she grinned.

‘That’s not all either’ he told her. Behind the house was a beautiful pool and spa which allowed you to sit and enjoy a dessert sunset, a place he intended to be later that night with her.

They checked in and Max introduced Liz to Charlie the owner of the bed and breakfast. Charlie also informed them that they were the only guests staying that weekend and had upgraded Max and Liz to the honeymoon suite.

The room was that of a fairy tale Liz thought as they were shown in. It was decorated completely white with dark wood furnishings . The bed was a king size four poster with white lace draping off the canopy. French doors led out to a balcony which was big enough for a small table and two chairs and Liz was delighted to find a platter of fruits and cheeses waiting for them along with a bottle of champagne and two glasses.

‘Wow’ she breathed out. This place was absolutely amazing and she couldn’t believe how much trouble Max had gone to, to set all this up for them.

Max walked out behind her and wrapped his arms around her.

‘Surprise’ he whispered in her ear.

‘I love you’ she breathed out. ‘Thank you this is absolutely breath taking’

‘I love you too’ Max told her pressing a kiss against her temple. ‘And your welcome, you deserve this and a whole lot more.

‘How about we have a drink and something to eat?’ he suggested then.

Over the years of drinking Max had managed to work up a small tolerance to it so he poured himself a half a glass of champagne before handing Liz a full glass.

They sat across from each other for close to an hour, holding hands across the table and feeding each other pieces of fruit while enjoying the time alone together.

‘Let’s go for a swim?’ Liz suggested.

Max’s mind immediately went into overdrive then. The thought of Liz is the skimpy bikini he packed for her, the small bulge where their daughter lied evident for all to see. He felt his body immediately respond and all of a sudden swimming was the last thing on his mind, what was his mind required a lot of alone time.

‘Um’ Max replied licking his dry lips.

Liz grinned as she walked past him, she was more than aware at what was going through his mind and she had decided to play on it. Call it a little payback for keeping the weekend a secret from her.

As she walked into the room she stood near the open door where she knew Max could see her clearly from his seat and began to slowly wiggle out of her three quarter jeans leaving her in only a g-string. Her tank top was the next to go and once it hit the floor it revealed that she wasn’t wearing a bra.

Liz heard Max groan from his seat and before she knew it he was standing in front of her pulling her into his arms.

‘Tease’ he groaned right before his mouth took hers.

Liz moaned at the feel of Max’s mouth caressing hers, his tongue plunging into her mouth. Liz’s hands moved down to the hem of Max’s shirt and they broke there kiss of long enough for Liz to pull it over his head. The feel of their naked chests against each other was too much for Max, his hand snaking down Liz’s body until he snaked a finger under her thong and plunged a finger inside of her.

‘Oh yes’ Liz moaned in delight. Max wasted no time adding another finger watching in desire and delight as Liz threw her head back and rode his fingers to completion.

‘Oh harder Max’ she begged. Using his spare hand Max reached down and brought her leg up around his hip opening her up to plunge into her harder.

‘Yes MAX’ she screamed.

Liz pulled Max’s head down to hers when she had come down from her high, her hands reaching out and making quick work of the button and zip on Max’s shorts wasting no time pushing them and his boxers down his legs.

Max groaned when he felt her small hand wrap around is his hard cock. He was ready to explode, the rhythm Liz’s hand was setting bringing him closer every second.

‘Baby stop’ he begged ‘I want to come inside you’ he groaned.

‘Then come inside me’ she moaned backing towards the bed and beckoning for him to follow.

Max wasted no time crawling up the bed and on top of Liz and thrusting his hardness into her waiting heat. She was extremely wet and hot and more than ready for him.

Their sweaty bodies moved against each other in perfect union and the only sound in the room that could be heard were their soft moans of love and appreciation of what the other person was doing to them.

‘I love you’ Max whispered.

‘I love you too’ Liz replied.

Max continued to glide his cock in and out of her at a furious pace he was so close but he wanted Liz there with him so he reached down and snaked a hand between their bodies until he could pinch her clit.

‘Oh yes’ Liz moaned in satisfaction. She could feel another orgasm approaching but was even more surprised to find that she was getting hornier and hornier the longer they made love.

Using her hands she pushed Max off her before turning around on all fours.

‘Oh god Liz’ Max groaned as he saw her juices dripping down her thighs as her legs were spread in front of him, her ass propped in the air begging him to continue.

‘Fuck me, Max’ she begged causing a groan from Max.

Max quickly got onto his knees behind her and thrusted into her hard. ‘Oh fuck’ he moaned loving the new angle which sent him deeper.

Liz thrust back against him moaning every time Max hit the sweet spot the new angle allowed him to reach.

‘Oh fuck yes Liz your so fucking wet’ he moaned gliding in and out of her smoothly.

‘Oh harder, Max. Fuck me so hard’ she begged. Max was a little shocked initially at her words but he could tell that Liz was so far gone now, so turned on that she would go crazy if he didn’t send her over the edge soon.

‘Lean back’ he ordered then and waited for Liz to sit back on cock giving him room to caress her breasts with one hand and the other to caress her clit.

‘Oh god I’m coming’ she cried.

‘Come for me baby’ Max moaned in her ear.

‘With you’ she panted.

‘I’m with you baby’ he told her.

‘MAX’

‘LIZ’

After an hour of making love Liz and Max had a small nap before heading to go down for a swim. The closer it got to dinner time though the more nervous Max was getting and it was obvious that Liz was picking up on it through the connection now.

‘So did you have plans for dinner?’ she asked him.

‘Um yeah I sort had something organized here, then I thought we could enjoy watching the sunset together’ he told her.

‘Really?’ she asked excitedly. Liz had forgotten how beautiful a desert sunset was because it had been so long since she seen one. When they had dated before her disappearance they had spent hours sitting out near the pod chamber watching the sunsets and then later on the nights.

‘So is dinner a dress up or a dress down affair?’ she asked him suggestively, swimming towards him and pressing her body against his into the side of the pool.

‘Well a little of both’ he grinned.

‘How son?’ she asked.

‘You should definitely dress up with the minimum amount of clothing so I can dress you down later on’ he whispered huskily.

‘Your insatiable’ she smiled.

‘If I remember correctly you’re the one that started this’ he replied.

‘Oh that’s right’ she laughed right before Max picked her up and threw her into the water.

Max checked his pocket for the ring for the hundredth time that night as him and Liz were cuddled up on the swing outside.

Dinner had been everything he had hoped for. They had oysters and prawn cocktails for entrée, followed by grilled snapper for main and were holding out for dessert now because neither could fit anymore in.

‘This is perfect’ Liz sighed from her place in Max’s arms.

Max had packed what he considered his favorite semi-dressy dress of Liz’s It was a red spaghetti strap number that fit her body to mid thigh. It showed off plenty of tanned leg and dipped low enough to show just enough cleavage. As far as he was concerned Liz would look beautiful in a paper bag but this dress made her look like the goddess she was.

‘Good’ he replied leaning down to leave a kiss on her forehead.

Taking a deep breath ‘Dance with me?’ he asked.

‘But there’s no music’ Liz smiled.

‘I’m sure I can find something’ he grinned back giving away that he had the whole thing planned.

‘Ok’ Liz mocked sighed.

The soft tunes of Sarah McLachlan filtered through the speakers of the small stereo that Charlie had set up for Max and him and Liz began to sway to the music. He was once again awed by how perfectly she fit against him, as though someone had plucked her from the heavens and sent her to earth for him.

Max began to sing softly to the song.

I will be the answer
At the end of the line
I will be there for you
Why take the time
In the burning of uncertainty
I will be your solid ground
I will hold the balance
If you can't look down

If it takes my whole life
I won't break, I won't bend
It will all be worth it
Worth it in the end
Because I can only tell you that I know
That I need you in my life
When the stars have all gone out
You'll still be burning so bright

Cast me gently
Into morning
For the night has been unkind
Take me to a
Place so holy
That I can wash this from my mind
And break choosing not to fight

If it takes my whole life
I won't break, I won't bend
It will all be worth it
Worth it in the end
Because I can only tell you that I know
That I need you in my life
When the stars have all gone out
You'll still be burning so bright

Cast me gently
Into morning
For the night has been unkind

‘I love you’ he whispered when the songs last notes faded out.

‘I love you too’ she smiled.

Max pulled back from her then and led her back to the swing. The last rays of the sun were getting ready to disappear behind the horizon ‘It’s beautiful’ Liz breathed.

‘It certainly is’ Max replied never taking his eyes off her. He waited until she was seated in the swing before digging into his pocket and pulling out the small box and then falling down on to on knee.

‘Max?’ Liz gasped.

Max reached out and place a finger against her lip, if she started talking now then his plan would go out the window and his nerves couldn’t deal with that right now.

‘I love you more than anything in the world’ he whispered. ‘I’ve been so blessed to have you in my life, you’ve given me your heart, your love and your trust but even more important than that you’ve given me our family. Our daughters and Parker.’

Liz eye’s immediately filled with tears at his beautiful words.

‘I want to spend the rest of my life making you happy and loving you. You’re my other half Elizabeth Parker and I want the entire world to know it’ He reached out and opened the box then revealing the exquisite diamond. Liz gasped when she saw the ring he had picked for her. It was the shape of the V constellation but on either side stood to precious beautiful diamonds, one pink and one white.

‘Will you marry me?’ he asked.

Max held his breath waiting for her answer.

‘Yes’ she whispered ‘Yes’ she said again loudly before launching herself into his arms. ‘I love you’ she cried.

Max grinned, this was by far the happiest night of his life.

TBC.... I have also posted a new part of Postponing Forever tonight.
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: Hi everyone well this is it :D the final part. I will be back with an epilogue in a few days. Thank you so much for all your wonderful support throughout this fic. I know someone you were looking for some other angles that i could have gone off in but i decided i liked the fic the way it was and didnt want to drag it out.

Anyway i've loved writing this. Out of all my fics this is the one I'm proudest of so thank you for all your great feedback, and thanks all you lurkers who tuned in as well.

Liz86000
kay_b
behrlyliz
FSUMSW93
frenchkiss70
Jason's Lover
begonia9508
LoveIsForever
g7silvers
Alien614
su-lyn
Behrsgirl77
Asabetha

Part 35

‘Oh honey you look beautiful’ Nancy Parker told her daughter. If someone would have told her six months ago that she would have her daughter back and that she would be watching her get married to the man of her dreams she would have laughed at them. But here standing in front of her was her beautiful daughter dressed in the most exquisite white wedding gown getting ready to walk down the aisle and marry Max Evans’.

‘Thank you’ she smiled.

‘Be happy, Lizzie’ he mother told her then.

‘I already am, extremely’ she replied tearily.

It had been a month since Max’s proposal but him and Liz didn’t want to wait any longer. Liz wanted to be married before the girls were born and before she got too big. Her stomach had already expanded quite significantly now that she was in her fourth month but her dress was hiding it nicely.

They had been concerned at first about getting married so quickly since the wedding was only a month before Kyle and Tess’s. But after asking them about it and being assured that it was more than fine as long as they were back for there wedding that they decided to go ahead.

Their families had been overjoyed. Both father’s slapping Max’s back and the mothers going straight into planning mode along with Isabel. If Liz had any doubts that she could pull together her dream wedding in a month then she shouldn’t have been worried. Isabel was a whiz and showed why she did it for a living.

‘Are you ready Lizzie?’ an excited Maria asked. Maria, Isabel and Tess were going to be Liz’s bridesmaids. When Liz had broken the new to Maria about her pregnancy she had been surprised at how excited she had been for her. So her great reaction and there ever-growing friendship helped Liz make the decision to ask Maria to be one of her bridesmaids.

Max had been a bit worried at first but Liz had talked to him around and said that if her and Maria could handle it then he should suck it up, it had probably helped a little that she had put on quite a convincing performance telling him about her dream wedding and how she had always planned for Maria to be beside her.

Maria off course had cried in happiness when Liz told her about the wedding and asked her to be a bridesmaid. It was clear to both Liz and Maria that Maria was completely over Max; it was just everyone else that was the problem now.

Max surprised everyone as well by asking Michael to be his best man. The two of them had become quite good friends again over the months and Max felt the same way Liz did in a lot of ways, he had always thought it would be Michael standing beside him when he married Liz, and that’s the way it should be now.

Alex and Kyle were the other groomsmen.

‘Yep’ Liz smiled at her friends.

Jeff Parker and Parker entered then. Both dressed in matching tuxes to the rest of the groomsmen.

‘You look beautiful honey’ Mr Parker kissed her cheek.

‘Thank you Daddy’ she smiled.

‘Daddy’s going to freak’ Parker giggled when he saw his mother.

Liz and the rest of the girls laughed ‘Whys that?’ she played along.

‘You look hot mummy’ he grinned and right then Liz felt as though she was looking at an eight year old Max Evans. Each day Parker reminder her more of Max, his looks his personality and even his gestures.

‘Well you look extremely handsome munchkin so why don’t you come give your mum a kiss’ she told him.

Liz had decided that she wanted her father and Parker to both give her away. No one had been happier about the fact they were getting married then Parker. He loved the fact that they would be a proper family and it made Max and Liz smile to hear him talk about all of them getting married instead of just Max and Liz.

‘You ready?’ Liz asked her son as she took his hand.

‘Yep’ he smiled ‘We’re getting married’

‘We sure are’ Liz laughed happily.

Tess and Kyle walked down the aisle together first followed next by Maria and Alex and finally Isabel and Michael.

When it was Liz’s turn to emerge the first thing she saw were the awe filled eyes of her soon to be husband and his eyes never left hers once as she glided up the aisle of her father’s arms and Parkers hand tightly clasp in her other towards him.

‘I love you’ he mouthed as she made her way towards him.

‘I love you too’ she whispered back.

Liz didn’t see the guests who were oohing and ahhing over her dress nor did she see her mother or Diane Evans tears as her father passed her and Parker to Max.

‘Take care of her’ he told him.

‘I will’ Max told him.

‘Hey’ he said quietly.

‘Hey’ she smiled back.

‘Hi Daddy’ Parker said from his spot.

‘Hey munchkin’ Max laughed before bending down and lifting him up so that he could stand on the chair that had been organised for him next to Michael.

‘Hey chief’ Michael grinned.

Liz and Max turned to each other holding each other’s hands as the minister started the Ceremony.

It felt like the whole thing went by in a blur to Max, he couldn’t stop staring at how beautiful Liz was and when it came time to slip the ring on her finger he felt the tears that had been threatening to fall since she had appeared at the end of aisle fall freely down her face.

Liz herself was having a hard time controlling her emotions. She couldn’t believe that in a few minutes time she would be Mrs Max Evans. It had been her dream since she was 16 years old and sometimes she couldn’t believe it was coming true. Reaching up with her spare hand she gently wiped the tears away and Max rewarded her with a brilliant smile.

‘Liz I give you this ring as a sign of my undying love for you. I promise to love and cherish you from this day forward and for as long as we both shall live’ he repeated before he gently slid the beautiful white gold band the rest of the way up her finger.

Liz took the ring Parker had been holding for her for Max then ‘Max, I give you this ring as a sign of my undying love for you. I promise to love and cherish you from this day forward and for as long as we both shall live’ Max followed her own gesture and gently reached up and wiped her own tears away this time.

‘By the power invested in me by the state of New Mexico I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride’ the minister announced. Before the words were out of the minister’s mouth completed Max pulled Liz into his arms and sealed their vows with a passionate kiss.

The loud clapping of their family and friends invaded their private moment then and they reluctantly broke apart. Liz and Max both turned immediately to Parker then and Max picked him up and pulled him into a hug with both him and Liz.

‘Are we married now?’ he asked.

Max and Liz giggled through their tears of happiness ‘we sure are sweetie. Together forever and ever’ Liz told him.

‘Yay’ he cried out. ‘Can we have come cake now?’

This time the entire bridal party heard him and laughed. ‘A little later squirt’ Kyle laughed.

With Parker still in his arms Max took Liz’s hands and they made their way down the aisle and out side the church. The bridal party followed and before long all there friends and family joined them outside the church.

‘Are you happy Mrs Evans’ Max whispered in his wife’s ear from their seat. They had just finished the main meal and speeches and Max couldn’t wait to steel a moment away with her.

‘The happiest’ Liz grinned ‘how about you Mr Evans?’

‘Ecstatic’ he replied.

The tapping on a microphone interrupted the conversation then and Max and Liz looked up and found Maria waiting to get the attention of everyone.

‘Hi everyone, I know the speeches have been done so don’t worry this isn’t another. Liz, Max your love is inspiration to us all. I chose this song because a very long time ago Liz told me it reminder her of her and Max.’ she said.

The soft tunes of the band joined her then and for the first time since her return Liz heard her friend’s beautiful voice.

Max was also surprised he hadn’t heard Maria sing in a long time years even.

How do I
Get through one night without you
If I had to live without you
What kind of life would that be?
Oh I need you in my arms
Need you to hold
Your my world my heart my soul
If you ever leave
Baby you'd take away everything good in my Life.

Max wasted no time taking Liz’s hand and asking her to dance. They hadn’t expected Maria to sing for them but Max remembered this song and knew why Liz loved it so much. It had been on the radio the night they had first made love.

And tell me now
How do I live without you
I want to know
How do I breathe without you
If you ever go
How do I ever, ever survive?
How do I
How do I
O how do I live?.

Maria was happy to see Max and Liz cuddled up and swaying to the song on the dance floor. She knew how much this sone meant to Liz and this was her way of letting everyone know that it was ok. Her and Liz already knew it was but this was like her gift to them, a goodbye to the past.

Without you
There'd be no sun in my sky
There would be no love in my life
There would be no world left for me
And I
Baby I don't know what I would do
I would be lost if I lost you
If you ever leave
Baby you would take away everything real in My life

And tell me now
I want to know
If you ever go
How do I ever ever survive?
How do I
How do I
O how do I live?...

Michael watched with a small smile as the couples danced, but it wasn’t the couples he was smiling at it was Maria. He had been shocked when Liz told him she was going to be in the bridal party but listening to her singing this song was an even bigger shock. He saw the Maria he remembered and he found himself falling for her all over again.

Please tell me baby..

How do I go on?
If you ever leave
Well baby you would take away everything
Need you with me
Baby don't you know your everything good in My life

And tell me now
I want to know
If you ever go
How do I ever, ever survive?
How do I
How do I
O how do I live

How do I live without you baby.......
How do I live....

‘I love you’ Max whispered as the last notes of Maria’s voice faded out. ‘I don’t even want to be with you again.

‘I love you too’ she replied. ‘And you wont be’ she assured him.

All the other guests joined them on the dance floor then, including Parker who wanted to be part of the festivities. Liz Parker looked around at all her friends and family and then down to her son and back to her husband and truly believed that she was the luckiest woman in the world. Despite the lost years with Max Liz knew that she couldn’t regret a thing because it had led her to this moment, a moment that would be remembered as the happiest day of her life. The day her family was officially brought together.

Max was having similar thoughts and knew he would remember that day when the past came crashing home as the happiest day of his life.

The End
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: Hi everyone. Well i'm back with the last part of this fic. I have to tell you that when i started writing this eplilogue i had an idea of what i wanted to say but it just had a mind of it's own and i went off in total different direction, funny that :D

Anyway, thank you once again for reading this with me. It's been a blast.

con angel
kay_b
Liz 86000
Spicy trini1
FSUMSW94
su-lyn
frenchkiss70
behryliz
begonia9508
g7silvers
lizard_queen
moonlight
Alien614
Jason's Lover
Behrsgirl77
ayznshorti
LoveIsForever

Epilogue

Max walked up quietly behind Liz and wrapped his arms around her. Liz sighed and leaned back against his hard chest, it had been a long night and she was so glad that he was home.

‘Hey gorgeous’ he whispered against her hair, which he was breathing the scent of in. He had been at the hospital for the last 42 hours straight and he had missed her and the kids like crazy.

‘Hey yourself’ she smiled.

‘How are they?’ he asked gesturing down to his beautiful daughters, one who were staring up at him with eyes exactly like her mothers and the other who was fast asleep.

‘Hmm ok’ she sighed closing her eyes and enjoying the feeling of being in her husband’s arms.

‘I missed you’ she whispered then.

Leaning down Max placed a kiss on the side of her neck ‘I missed you too’ he replied huskily.

‘Have you been up for long?’ he asked her. It was nearly 2am in the morning and he assumed that Liz was woken by the twins for their feeding.

‘Yes’ she sighed ‘they’ve been really restless tonight I only just got them to settle down’ she explained.

‘Hmm wonder why’ he mused

‘I’m starting to think they were missing you’ she chuckled ‘I know I certainly was’

‘Yeah’ he frowned. He loved his job he couldn’t deny that but it had certainly become tiresome recently. He hated being away from Liz, Parker and the twins he felt like he was missing out on his whole life.

Jorgi Maxine and Bella Rose were born a month earlier. The labour had been relatively easy considering the alien circumstances and the fact that they’re two of them and Liz, Max and Parker were over the moon.

Both girls had dark hair like Max, and Jorgi had eyes like her father and Bella like her mothers. No one could deny that they were beautiful children and Liz believed they were a perfect blend of the two of them. It was also obvious that except for their eyes that in years to come it would be very difficult to tell the two of them apart which Liz could see would cause a few problems.

Max had returned to the hospital the week before and it had been hard going for him and Liz to try and work out a normal schedule. Between pooling Parker to and from school everyday and trying to get the twins organised Liz was run off her feet and Max was dog tired by the time he got home from the hospital.

Thankfully Liz had Isabel. Although Isabel was also trying to find her way with a newborn her and Liz leaned on each other regularly. Jessica Elizabeth had been born a few days earlier that the twins and she was a placid child who was adored by her mother and father and both sets of doting grandparents.

‘Come have a shower with me?’ Max whispered to his wife. Bella had finally closed her eyes and Max wanted to take the opportunity for some quiet time with his wife before one of them woke up again, which was likely to happen quickly if they sensed him.

They walked hand in hand to their bedroom where they slowly removed each other’s clothing.

‘Hmm I missed you’ Liz moaned as Max’s mouth trailed down her naked body.

‘I miss you like crazy’ he replied. Between their hectic schedules, the fact that they were so tired all the time and that Liz’s body wasn’t ready they hadn’t been together since the twin’s birth

So Max took the time to love his wife he washed and caressed every inch of her body before allowing her to return the favour and by the time they had finished in the shower they were both completely ready.

‘Love me’ she begged as he carried her into the bedroom.

‘Always’ he whispered before laying her down on the bed and crawling on top of her.

Their lovemaking was slow and soft but it was exactly what the two of them needed and they came together crying each other’s names quietly.

‘I love you’ Max whispered.

‘I love you too’ she replied.

They laid together in silence for quite a while. Max running his fingers through Liz’s long hair.

‘What’s going on in that mind of yours?’ Liz finally asked sleepily. His thoughts had been shouting at her since he returned home but now in the silence they felt even louder.

‘A lot’ he whispered.

‘Yeah I’m getting that’ she laughed before turning around to face him.

She was met with a very serious look. ‘What specifically?’

Max thought about what he wanted to say then, he wanted to think the words over before he said them. He knew that saying them out loud would make it that much more real.

‘I want to quit the hospital’ he said.

Liz was shocked and her face clearly reflected it ‘Why?’ she asked.

Max sighed, there were a lot of reasons why he just wasn’t sure that Liz would agree with them.

‘I love what I do, Liz’ he started to explain ‘but the hours and stress I hate’

Liz stayed silent she knew that he needed her to listen and not judge while he worked things through. ‘I guess when I didn’t have you and Parker in my life I liked the distraction. It was my escape but now it’s hell. I hate being away from you and the kids for days on end and that something could happen and that I cant be there for it. I hate that the emergencies at the hospitals take precedence over our lives but mostly I hate that I feel like a stranger watching on the outside as my life passes me by’

‘Oh Max’ Liz sighed she knew he hated having to leave her and the kids but she didn’t realise how much.

‘We love you and we know that your job is important’ she told him.

Max reached out and took her hand ‘I know you do but that’s not enough’ he whispered.

Liz nodded she understood that in the end it was his decision and that she would stand by him no matter what.

‘So do you have any idea what you want to do?’ she asked.

Max smiled slightly ‘well I didn’t plan to give up work altogether’

‘Well that’s good because someone around here has to pay the bills’ she laughed.

‘I meant what I said when I told you that I loved what I do. I love being able to help people but I realise now there is other ways for me to do that, ways that allow me to work normal hours’ he explained.

‘Ok’ Liz nodded encouraging him to continue; she couldn’t deny that she liked the sound of this.

‘My friend John at the hospital has a practise and he’s mentioned that he’s looking for a partner.’ He told her then.

‘As in a normal doctor that you see everyday?’ she asked.

‘Yeah and I could look at specialising if I wanted to go back to school’

Liz sat up excitedly ‘Oh sweetie that’s fabulous’ she told him.

‘So your okay with this?’ he asked.

Liz reached for him and pulled him into her arms ‘of course I am I mean I love the idea of having you around on weekends and having dinner together with the kids every night’ she rambled.

‘Me too’ he whispered reaching forward to put a piece of hair behind her ear.

‘So what do we need to do?’ she asked then.

‘Well I need to sit down and talk details with John and it will probably cost some money’ he shrugged.

‘Well we’ve got money and if there isn’t enough it wont take much to get hold of it’ Liz told him.

‘No baby I don’t expect you to put your money into this’ Max shook his head ‘I’ll get a loan’

‘Max, there is not my money your money anymore it’s our money. We’re married and as far as I’m concerned what’s yours in mine’ she smiled.

‘I love you’ he smiled.

‘I love you too’ their mouths came together again this time more hungrily. Max pulled Liz astride him sinking into her wet depths.

‘Oh yes’ Liz sighed in satisfaction.

Max gripped her hips and helped her set a steady rhythm ‘Oh god baby’.

The cries through the monitor took a couple of minutes to register and before Max could object Liz groaned and removed herself from the bed.

‘No’ he cried out.

Liz laughed ‘Get used to it sweetie’ she told him before throwing on her robe and leaving the room.

Max followed five minutes later dressed in only a pair of boxers and a very hard erection.

He smiled when he found Liz nursing Jordi. It didn’t take long for Bella to wake up and join the party.

Max picked her up and she settled quickly against his chest. He took a seat next to Liz on the lounge they had in the nursery ‘I don’t want to miss this’ he sighed in contentment.

‘I don’t want you to either, we all miss you when your gone it will be so great to have you here for all this’ Liz smiled over at him.

‘Daddy?’ a sleepy Parker asked as he stumbled into the nursery.

‘Hey munhckin what are you doing up?’ he greeted his son.

Parker walked straight to the lounge and climbed on his fathers lap. ‘I missed you’ he yawned.

Max grinned ‘me too mate, me too’ he told him.

Max looked back over to his wife and daughter then back to his other daughter and son in his lap. ‘Perfect’ he whispered.

‘Huh?’ Liz asked.

‘My life is perfect’ he smiled.

Liz agreed life really was perfect.

[/i]