When the Past Comes Crashing Home (M/L,ADULT) END - 2/9

All finished stories from the Unconventional Couples board, the Crossover board, and the Alien Abyss boards will eventually be moved here. See those forums for descriptions.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, Erina, Forum Moderators

Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: Hey everyone, I'm back and I have a feeling your all going to love this part lol. I want to answer some general questions you all asked so here goes.

Deep down I think the reason why Liz hasn't rushed to tell Max that she has her memory back because deep down she's curious if Max will still love and choose the Liz she is without her memories.

Once again thank you my wonderful readers :D

FSUMSW94
begonia9508
frenchkiss70
tequathisy
Jason's Lover
Earth Angel

Ace Roswell
- You'll just have to wait and see

con angel

Part 20

Max closed the door to the house he had called home for the past year with relief. His shift had finally ended at 9 am this morning and he was now not due to go back for two weeks. He looked around the house and everything was spotless like it normally was and he sighed. He could go upstairs and get some more sleep but after the 8 hours he had been able to steel luckily last night he felt alright for the moment. Sighing he picked up the things he had dropped in the entryway and made his way to the study.

The house was empty accept for him. Maria was working the day shift and wouldn’t be home until three o’clock that afternoon, he had seen her briefly this morning she had brought him breakfast and sat with him for 10 minutes before she started her shift. There were very little words between them though and what was spoken was never what they both wanted to talk about anyway.

Liz and Parker pulled up out the front of the Crashdown. It was lunchtime so the place was fairly busy. Jeff and Nancy had returned a couple of days ago from their restaurant convention so they had been busy helping her and Parker get settled in their new house. They were a little sad when they found out that she wasn’t going to stay with them but when they found out she planned to buy the home and settle in Roswell again permanently they were thrilled.

Parker was spending the night with Phillip and Diane tonight but Liz was dropping him off this afternoon to spend sometime with them before Diane came to pick him up.

‘Oh there’s my adorable grandson’ Nancy smiled when she saw him enter the café.

‘Nanny’ he squealed. He loved having a Nanny and Poppy and a Gram and Granddad.

‘Hey mum’ Liz smiled she loved seeing her son so happy.

‘Hi darling’ she smiled leaning in to giver he a kiss. ‘What are you going to do with yourself tonight’ she asked her taking the bag with Parkers stuff from her.

‘Set my dark room up’ Liz smiled. She couldn’t wait to get it up and running so that she could develop the rolls of films she had been taking since she got to Roswell.

‘Ok well have fun, do you want anything before you go?’

‘No thanks’ she shook her head.

‘Have fun baby’ Liz smiled giving her son a kiss on the cheek.

‘Bye Mummy’ he waved as Liz headed back out to her car.

It had been a long day and Max took the time to have a shower before returning downstairs and waiting on the couch. It was almost three thirty and he expected Maria to walk in the door any minute now. He was dreading it and looking forward to it all at the same time and for the same reason.

He heard the front door open and watched as his wife entered the house. Her face lit up with a smile when she saw him sitting on the couch freshly showered like he was waiting for her, it gave her hope.

‘Hi sweetie’ she greeted ‘You would never believe the day I’ve had I didn’t think I’d ever get out of that place it was like everyone in Roswell wanted to have their baby today’ she laughed ‘so I thought we might be able to go out to dinner tonight maybe to that little French place that opened a few months ago. I’ve been wanting to check it out for ages and it would be nice to spend some quality time together and have the time to talk’ she rambled. It wasn’t unusual for her to do it and like usual Max just let her go. ‘So what do you think?, I can ring and book and’ her words stopped abruptly then and Max looked up and saw her staring at the last of his suitcases. The rest were already packed in his SUV along with most of the things out of his den including his photos. He had left the last one there hoping that she would see it.

He didn’t do it to hurt her it was simply that he didn’t know how else to tell her. He had picked the boxes up on his way home this morning. He wasn’t sure when exactly he had made the decision, truthfully it was probably the day he saw Liz Parker in his ER. But sitting there watching the little girl he had treated over the past few days made everything seem easier. Even though he hadn’t had time to think or make decisions with how fast everything had happened over the past week and half the truth was he realised that he was sitting in the middle of an intersection holding all this traffic up because he wouldn’t decide left or right or even straight ahead. And the fact was he always knew that he needed to go right, and that he would go right there was never any doubt.

He spent the day packing everything up. He didn’t intend on taking anything except what was personally his, like the photo’s and eventually the furniture in the den which was the only thing he wanted in the house. The house was still mortgaged and he knew Maria couldn’t afford it on her own but he intended on walking away and letting her have anything she got from the sale, or letting her stay there as long as she picked up the mortgage from now on. He had never wanted to buy the house and never liked anything about it so it made sense to leave it to Maria since it had been her dream all along.

‘Are you going somewhere?’ she asked becoming slightly panicked. Her first thought was that he was leaving but when she saw only one suitcase she calmed down slightly.

‘I’m leaving Maria’ he replied.

‘Ok when will you be back?’ she asked him.

Max sighed he thought the suitcase would speak for itself.

‘I wont’ he whispered.

Maria dropped her bag and keys then. ‘You’re, you’re leaving me?’ she asked him. No, she thought this cant is happening.

‘Yes’ he answered.

‘Why?’ she cried, the tears had started and she was approaching the spot he was sitting in.

‘You know why’ he smiled sadly.

‘No, no Max obviously I don’t or I wouldn’t be asking’ she cried.

Max pulled her down to sit next to him then and took his hand ‘Is it because she has Parker?’ she cried. Why would the man she loved that had vowed to be with her forever throw that away so easily. They had always been so happy and in love and it was obvious that Liz’s life had flourished away from him.

‘It’s because I love her with every fiber of my being and I cant live in a world that Liz Parker lives in and not share it with her’ he told her honestly.

‘But you married me Max you love me and we were so happy’ she argued. ‘Please don’t do this’ she begged.

‘Maria’ he started he knew it was going to break her to hear this ‘I haven’t been happy in eight years, not for one single day until a week and a half ago. Our wedding day was the single worst day of my life, the guilt I felt marrying you almost stopped me from going through with it and I wish that it had because we wouldn’t be here now’ he told her sadly as he watched his words break her heart

‘I made a mistake becoming involved with you. Yes I love you, but it’s the same love I feel for Tess. A friendly love and I thought that it would be enough for you, that you would be happy with that but the thing is Maria is that I never thought about me and making you happy it isn’t enough for me. It will never be enough for me and I’ve spent the last 2 years making sure you were happy and safe because I thought that was what Liz wanted and what Michael wanted but I cant pretend anymore. I knew I would never find love or happiness after Liz so I decided that it didn’t matter but it does Maria and I cant walk away from it now that I have it back. Please don’t ask me to’

Maria was openly sobbing at his words. He didn’t love her all this time and Michael had been right. He would never love her why could no one love her like they loved Liz.

‘Are you going to her?’ she cried.

Max hesitated for a moment ‘I want to but I’m not sure if she wants me’ he replied.

‘And if she turns you away? How do you know that she feels the same way for you?’ she asked angrily. She knew Liz wouldn’t turn him away but any doubt that she could plant would work in her favor.

Max looked down at his feet guiltily ‘I know she loves me Maria I’ve felt it’ he told her he didn’t think telling her about their night together would do any good now it would only hurt her more.

‘Will you come back to me?’ she asked him then and knew what she was asking though. If Liz did turn him away would he come back.

‘No, never’ he told her honestly because he knew there was no second best. A life alone would be equal to the life he had with Maria at least he didn’t have to lie to anyone.

‘Oh god I can’t believe this is happening’ she sobbed then. He didn’t move to comfort her. ‘You cant do this’ she demanded then ‘you married me, you made a commitment to me and I’m not going to just let you walk away. I know you could love me if you just let her go’ she told him angrily.

‘You don’t have a choice and even if I did stay it would be worse that it already is because now I know that you’re a liar. You know Maria there was a man that once upon a time loved you with everything he had and you threw it away. I’m not sure why, you claim it was for a better love, but it was a love that you’ve never known that you still claim to feel. You lied to get what you want and you broke Michael’s heart in the process. Did he ask you to stay? No, yet you’re asking me to stay in a loveless marriage when the life I’ve always wanted is so close I can touch it. Sounds a little hypocritical’ he replied bitterly.

‘I wont stay and I promise you that if what you want is for me to hate you then keeping me from my son and Liz is the right away of going about it’

Maria didn’t respond she just continued to sob uncontrollably. Max placed the key to the house on the coffee table in front of him. ‘I’ll call about getting the furniture in the den everything else is yours’ he told her.

‘Max please don’t do this?’ she begged grabbing on to his hand hoping to stop him walking away.

Max gently removed his hand off hers. ‘For what it’s worth I’m sorry’ he told her sadly and then he left.

As he pulled out of the driveway of 14 White Street, for the first time in eight years he was hopeful.

He dialed the familiar number in his cell as he drove.

‘Hello’ he heard Tess’s voice

‘Hey Tess’ he greeted.

‘Max what’s up?’ she asked.

‘I need to speak to Kyle is he there?’ he told her.

‘Sure hold on’ a second later Kyle was on the phone and Max couldn’t help but inwardly chuckle it was obvious that he had interrupted something.

‘Max’ Kyle practically growled.

‘Hey Kyle. Listen I’m sorry to do this but do you think you could head over to Maria’s she could really use a friend right now and you’re the best man for the job’ he told him.

‘Oh’ he said. Kyle was the only person Max could think of that hadn’t ceased their friendship with Maria so he was the logical choice. ‘Is she ok?’ he asked concerned.

‘No she wasn’t when I left’ he told him. The way he said the word left was enough for Kyle. ‘I don’t want her to go through this alone and I didn’t know who else to call’ Max told him honestly.

‘No problem Max I’ll take care of her. Call Amy over and all that’ he promised.

‘thanks Kyle’
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: Hi everyone, i'm glad that you all liked the last part i mean you've been waiting for it for like 20 parts now :D anyway here is the next part so i hope you enjoy it and thank you once again for the wonderfull feedback that you always leave me. I really appreciate it :D

tequathisy - you'll just have to read on to see

behryliz
FSUMSW94
kay_b
Jason's Lover
Earth Angel
frenchkiss70
begonia9508
Smac
g7silvers

ayznshorti
- Hi welcome to the story, glad you like it and yeah Maria is a bitch lol.

azure
Alien614

Part 21

Liz was busy working downstairs in the basement when she heard the car drive up to the house. She wasn’t expecting anyone but deep down she hoped that Max might drop by. When he had mentioned the house yesterday she was a little confused but after speaking to Michael she found out how he knew all about it. Their connection was strong but it wasn’t read your mind strong, she thought, yet.

Walking up the stairs she grabbed her robe and threw it over her clothes. All she had on was a pair of boy leg panties and a matching tank top. It was so hot in the basement she had been forced to strip off.

She reached the door just as the person knocked so she counted to 10 before answering not wanting the person to know she had already known they were there.

‘Max’ she smiled when she opened the door.

Max smiled back it looked forced at first but then it grew and Liz could tell it was real. Max took in her outfit, the robe wasn’t tied completely and he could see what little clothing she was wearing underneath.

‘Hey’ he finally greeted.

‘Hey’ she smiled back her eyes then drifted unconsciously down his body taking in his white t-shirt that he was wearing with faded blue jeans she was on her way down to his feet when the suitcase sitting beside him caught her attention.

He eyes immediately snapped back up to meet his and she found him scratching his ear nervously. Liz’s eyes filled with tears she couldn’t believe that what she thought was happening actually was and he didn’t even know she remembered, he had no idea yet but it seemed as though he was still choosing her and Parker regardless.

Max took a step towards her then so she held out her hand halting his movements ‘does that mean what I’m hoping it means?’ she asked him pointing to the suitcase.

Max nodded and she allowed him to take another step closer before she stopped him again ‘You’re not just doing this because of Parker are you?’ she asked him. As much as she wished is would be ok if he was, it wasn’t. She didn’t think her heart could take it if she found out he had only left his marriage because she had his son ‘because you know I wouldn’t keep him from you’ she told him.

‘This decision wasn’t just about Parker, no’ he told her with a small smile. He loved it when she rambled the on like she was now. It wasn’t something she had ever done often only when she was nervous and he still loved how he made her nervous.

Her hand dropped then and Max rushed the last two steps to get to her and pulled her into his arms. His mouth sought hers out and his lips caressed hers gently. Liz’s hands went around his neck pulling him closer to her as she deepened their kiss. It felt as though they couldn’t get close enough to each other so Max’s hands cupped her ass and pulled her up his body until she wrapped her legs around his waist.

When they pulled away from each other moments later Max rested his forehead against hers ‘I love you’ he told her.

‘I love you too’ she replied just before Max took her mouth again. He pressed her up against the nearest wall as they passionately kissed. For Liz it was about taking the time to remember every crevice of his mouth and to be amazed at the fact that he still smelt and tasted just like her Max.

‘I have to tell you something’ she whispered in between kisses. Max had moved his mouth to the column of her neck now.

‘Hmm?’ he replied.

‘Changed my mind I want to show you instead’ she replied before taking his mouth again. Liz let her mind go blank then and immediately the connection sprang to life she thought about all the images that she wanted Max to see, the special moments between the two of them that he hadn’t showed her yet but that were just as important as the others but being careful to stop him from seeing the circumstances of her disappearance it was something that she would have to tread carefully around if she didn’t want to loose him again.

They had a lot to work out and she knew they couldn’t just jump back into a relationship but she needed this with him right now and she could tell he needed it too.

Flash

The night before graduation, they were making love under the stars out near the rock formation in the dessert.

Flash

Liz getting her acceptance letter from Harvard.

Max pulled back after a few flashes and looked at Liz surprised ‘You remember?’ he whispered.

‘Yes’ she cried.

Max didn’t say anything else then instead he walked towards the stairs and carried Liz up them. When he reached the top he followed his instincts until he found Liz’s room and placed her down in the middle of the king size bed that took up most the room.

Their lovemaking was slow and beautiful that night, Max taking the time to kiss and worship every part of Liz’s body before he joined them together. He started a slow rhythm bringing Liz to her first orgasm and when she came down from it he would start all over again.

‘Liz’ he moaned as he let himself go and gave himself to her again completely. He had missed being with her and he felt like Liz was giving him back the part of him that was her, that had been missing for so long.

‘Max’ she moaned in response following him again to complete oblivion.

When they calmed down Max rolled off her so that he didn’t squash her but made sure he brought her body with him, laying her on his chest. He didn’t want to give up the contact that they had he needed to feel as much of her as he could.

He ran his fingers through her hair as he watched her with eyes shut trying to get her breathing back under control ‘When did you remember?’ he asked her.

She smiled then knowing he was going to love the answer ‘You unlocked them when you made love to me the other night’ she told him.

‘You didn’t say anything’ he said a little hurt that she didn’t want him to know.

Liz rolled over onto her stomach so she could look into his eyes ‘Max, you have no idea how overwhelming it was receiving all these memories. I woke up so confused I had all the memories of what we were to each other and all this knowledge of my life since then as well as yours’ she told him sadly ‘I wanted the time to put those into order which is why I was going to get away with Parker for a few days’ she explained.

‘But that didn’t happen so I planned to just tell you but we kept getting interrupted’

Max understood now because he knew a couple of time she told him there was something important she needed him to know.

‘And now that you remember?’ he asked her.

The question was vague but Liz understood what he was asking. He wanted to know everything. Would they be together?, what happened to her? How did she feel about everything?.

‘So you left?’ she asked him choosing to ignore his question for the time being and ask one of her own.

‘Yes’ he replied before leaving a kiss on her forehead.

‘Packing a bag doesn’t constitute leaving Max’ she sighed.

Max sat up causing her to move with him, he pulled her onto his lap so that she was straddling him ‘I didn’t just pack a bag Liz I packed 2 years of my life up and into my SUV. I’m homeless the only thing left at the house is the furniture in the den which I want. I also told Maria and made it very clear it was over, she wasn’t in a good way when I left so I called Kyle and asked him to go over’ he told her.

‘Your homeless?’ she asked concerned.

‘Well yeah I was hoping that my son and his mother, the love of my life, my soul mate might look kindly upon me and take me in?’ he told her with an impish smile.

Liz thought about his question for a while. Yes she wanted nothing more than for him to move in with her and Parker but they had so much to sort out. Wouldn’t it be easier to sort it out with him close by? her heart told her yes but her mind said that it wasn’t right for him to leave the arms and bed of one women and jump into another.

‘Liz?’ he questioned concerned. ‘It’s ok sweetie if you don’t want me to stay I’ll just go to my parents’ he explained.

‘It’s not that I don’t want you, you know that but Max this is hard for me to accept. Your married to my best friend, you made love with my best friend’ she told him, she had started out confidently but when the words married and love came out so did the tears.

Max didn’t know what to say to comfort her he knew the only solution was the truth and if she didn’t want to accept that and forgive him for it then he would have to live with her decision, and without her forever.

‘Don’t think that’ she chastised him ‘8 years was all the forever I want to be without you for’ she told him ‘I just need time to deal with this and you need to talk to me about it’ she told him.

Max felt the tears in his eyes then, how was he so lucky to have found her. He pulled her body to him then.

‘I want you to know that I never made love to Maria’ he told her. Liz looked at him shocked, why would he lie to me she thought.

‘I’m not lying baby girl, I may have had sex with Maria’ he gulped ‘but I have only ever and will only ever make love to one women and that’s you’ he told her.

‘Max’ Liz sighed.

‘No you need to know that. Liz when Maria told me she was in love with me I rejected her straight away. I couldn’t stand the thought of her touching me or wanting to be with me that way because I knew I was never going to feel that way for her. Never once did I ever tell her that I did. We got so close because she thought at one stage she might have been pregnant and we had no idea where Michael was, it turned out to be a false alarm thankfully’

‘I spent a couple of months doing everything to avoid her until I went to your room one night and I found a note that hadn’t been there before. I thought it was from Michael and it asked me to take care of her not matter what, no matter how. I was confused. I didn’t love Maria and I didn’t want anyone but you so I went to you mum for advice. She told me that she didn’t think you would ever have wanted me to spend my life alone, and that not all love could be the kind that you and I were lucky enough to have, and that as well as that you would have hated to have seen Maria so unhappy’ he told her.

‘I would have’ Liz admitted ‘but I never would have thought you would have ever been placed in that type of situation because I never expected my best friend to fall for you’ she told him. Max nodded sadly.

‘So after a lot of thinking I decided that this was something that I could do for you and Michael now it just sounds ridiculous and self absorbed. I thought her happiness would be enough for herand I thought a little companionship and knowing that she was safe would be enough for me. But she started living a fantasy life Liz. After 12 months of casual dating she wanted to get married, by this stage she had no one. Alex and Isabel wouldn’t even be in the same room with her and even her mum wasn’t happy about what was happening. I tried to encourage her to move on with her life and fix the relationships she had lost but she claimed that she had never been happier with me. I was weak Liz and I gave in’ he cried.

‘It would be easy to blame her but it’s not all her fault. We got married at the courthouse with Tess and Kyle there and that’s it. We bought the house about 6 months ago and things have been going downhill since then, fighting about kids and not seeing each other.’

‘And then me’ she whispered.

Max nodded ‘you were the sun in my dark world’ he smiled.

‘And the sex?’ Liz asks softly.

Max gulped ‘our first time was the night we got married’ he cringed when he saw Liz’s tears increase.

Oh god they waited till it was special she thought.

‘No baby she waited until I was drunk enough that I gave in’ he said softly after he heard her thoughts.

Liz’s head snapped up to meet his ‘What?’ she asked.

‘I, I was so miserable and felt so guilty I almost didn’t go through with the wedding. Kyle gave me a sip of his flask and that’s all I remember until the next day. I don’t remember the wedding or the wedding night only how sick I felt the next morning when I woke up with a ring on my finger that never should have been there and found myself naked. I had dreams of what happened later, thoughts of making love with you plagued my mind until I realized that it wasn’t you’ he cried.

‘Oh god’ Liz cried.

‘I started drinking after that. If I wasn’t at work and had to be home of a night with Maria I would drink’ he looked up at her through his tears then.

‘I’m so sorry baby, so sorry if I had known you were alive I would have come I promise I would have come for you but I felt you die in here’ he cried pointing to his heart.

Liz pulled his head to her chest then and let him cry. ‘I love you baby’ he cried ‘Only you’ he promised and Liz never doubted his words because now she understood why there was never even a whisper of Maria in Max’s mind and that was because it was all her. It had always been her and it always would be. It hadn’t been all Maria’s fault she probably had no idea Max was drunk every time they had sex and it was also clear why Maria thought he loved her so much because if Max thought he was with her than Maria would have thought she was the most loved women on the planet.

‘Your home baby’ she whispered ‘Parker and I will always be your home’

TBC... Sometime during the weekend i hope. I've slowed my writing down on this story so eventually i'll run out of parts :) .

Also, i updated "To Save Our World" earlier today which is here on the AA board so check it out if you want, and Part 5 of "Last Night on Earth" which i am co-writing with Lessie was posted yesterday on the AU Board.
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: Okay i'm back, thank you for the great feedback.

begonia9508

tequathisy
- oh okay well maybe I wasn't clear but basically Maria felt as though Max loved her because when Max was drunk he would think of Liz and treat Maria the way he used to treat Liz. That's why Maria was the way she was, she believed that she had a great happy marriage and she reacted to Liz because she thought she was going to take it away. Does that explain?

FSUMSW94 - I wont slow down unless I have too I promise.

kay_b
frenchkiss70
Earth Angel
Jason's Lover
g7silvers
Spicy trini1
Behrsgirl77
Lessie

Part 22

Liz and Max ended up falling asleep after their first emotional talk. It would be the first of a lot to come Liz knew but in the end it would be worth it. She felt Max stir beside her his eyes coming to life, the sparkle returning ‘Hi’ he smiled.

‘Hi’ she smiled back. Max’s stomach growled then and they both could help but laugh.

‘How about we order Senor Chows?’ she asked with a glint in her eyes, she hadn’t had any in so long, 8 years in fact.

‘Oh I haven eaten there in eight years, better yet lets get dressed and go’ he said.

‘Really?’ Liz grinned.

‘Really’ he smiled.

They got up and took a quick shower together, it could have turned into a long one if Max’s stomach hadn’t continued to demand food.

‘We better take my car since yours is full’ she told him as they headed down the stairs hand in hand neither wanting to be apart from the other.

They pulled up in front of the restaurant 10 minutes later and waited to be seated. Liz looked around and noticed nothing had changed except that there were a lot of people staring at her.

‘Oh god Max everyone’s staring at us’ she whispered dropping his hand. It had never occurred to her what it would like her coming here with Max, everyone in Roswell knew that he was married to Maria.

Max looked around and recognized a few of the faces, some were people they had gone to school with others regular customers at the Crashdown but the worst was Amy Valenti who was headed there way. Max stood tall though and reached out took Liz’s hand. She had automatically taken a step back when she saw the women approaching.

‘Right this way’ the waiter said then and led them to a table for two in the quieter part of the restaurant, this didn’t deter Amy though who was waiting when the waiter left to get their drink orders.

‘Amy’ Max nodded.

‘Max’ she scowled ‘Liz’ her face softened.

‘What’s up?’ Max asked casually. Him and Liz had their legs entwined under the table but luckily the table cloth restricted view of it.

‘I guess I’m wondering where my daughter is? You remember her don’t you Max, your wife?’ she asked.

‘Didn’t Kyle call you?’ Max asked concerned.

‘What about?’ she asked.

Max sighed this was going to get ugly. ‘Listen Amy, Liz and I are just here to have a nice quiet dinner together we don’t want a scene. You should talk to Maria ok’ he told her.

‘Well this nice dinner is looking fairly intimate. Has loosing your memory made you loose your sense of decency Liz?’ she said then.

‘Actually my memory and decency is fine thank you Amy’ Liz smiled sweetly. ‘I don’t see the problem with me having dinner with my boyfriend do you?’ she asked. Liz was determined to stand strong beside Max during this. Maybe it was about time people remembered that she was the one that had her man stolen by her ex-best friend first not the other way around.

‘He can’t be a boyfriend when he’s already a husband to your best friend’ Amy snapped.

‘Well he was my boyfriend when tragic circumstances separated us so the way I look at it Amy that makes him my boyfriend still’ she replied. Her face changed then ‘As for Maria well maybe you should speak to her about why we aren’t friends anymore’ she told her.

‘What’s going on Max?’ Amy turned to her son in law. Amy had never thought that Maria’s relationship with Max was a good idea but he had always seemed a lot more secure than Michael Guerin. But if he was cheating on her by help him god she would rip him to pieces.

‘I moved out Amy’ Max told her quietly. ‘I asked Kyle to take care of her he said he’d call you’

‘I haven’t been home’ she replied sadly before shaking her head ‘I cant say I didn’t see it coming, even before you returned Liz. I’m sorry Liz, you’re like a daughter to me and you don’t deserve any of this. I hope the two of you are happy’ she told them sincerely before leaving to go be with her daughter.

‘Want to tell me about what you just said to Amy’ Max asked Liz a little while later.

‘What do you mean?’ she asked.

‘About asking Maria why you aren’t friends?’ he explained.

Liz sighed she didn’t want to tell Max because she knew he would get angry with Maria but if they wanted their relationship to work they had to be honest.

‘The morning before I came to you asking if you would heal me Maria came to see me’ she started ‘at first she apologized for the way she’d been treating me but then she asked me to stay away from you, to back off. She asked me did I return to steal her husband which of course I said no because I didn’t even remember you’

‘Did you agree?’ Max asked. He wanted to know if Liz hadn’t got her memory back if she would have been able to stay away from him.

‘No, but I planned on trying, I didn’t want to split up your marriage and Maria claimed you were so happy. When I got my memory back and I realized you weren’t I refused’

‘Maria knew you had your memory back?’ He asked surprised.

‘The morning after our night together at Breakfast when I made her tell you the truth about Michael?’

‘Yeah’

‘Well after you took off we had it out and I asked her was she willing to walk away from you for me, for us?. She pretty much told me I was a bad friend and that I was using my bastard child to steel you. After that there no holding back. I told her I wouldn’t back off that I knew you weren’t happy and that she was in denial. I mounted a challenge and I intended to win it’ she said.

‘So you would have fought for us?’ Max asked her, he didn’t think he could love this women anymore that he already did but he was wrong.

‘Yes’ she told him ‘I wouldn’t have ever given up on us’

‘I love you’ he whispered.

‘Me too’ she smiled.

‘Do you know that in the 18 years I was friends with Maria I never stood up to her over anything. If she wanted something I let her have it, because I thought that was what being a best friend was all about’ Liz said then sadly. ‘She asked me why I was willing to loose 18 years of friendship over you, and I was but the thing is she already threw that friendship away the moment she tried to deny me my memories. She never wanted me to remember and that’s when I realized that out friendship had meant so little to her’ Max took her hand across the table and caressed it in a comforting manner. It would take time for them both to heal he realised then.

They ate the rest of their meal in peace ignoring the stares and whispers they heard coming from the people talking about them. For someone that didn’t know them it would have just looked like to young friends enjoying dinner but most of Roswell knew that Max and Liz were more that friends.

When Liz and Max pulled back into the driveway of their house they found Isabel and Alex waiting for them on their doorstep.

‘Max Evans do you want to tell me why your car is full of boxes?’ Isabel asked her brother in her Ice Queen mode.

‘Why don’t you guys come inside’ Liz suggested as she unlocked the house. They all walked in and took a seat on Liz’s couch. Alex and Isabel had already been over for dinner with Liz and Parker so they knew their way around.

‘So?’ Isabel said.

‘I moved out’ he explained.

‘Obviously’ she smiled ‘when were you going to tell me? You know mum and dad saw your car it took all the bribing in the world on Mum’s part to keep Parker from coming home when he saw it’

‘I’m sorry I came straight here this afternoon and Liz and I have been talking’ he shrugged.

‘Talking hey?’ Alex snorted ‘you sure have a set of lungs on you Liz you really should shut your bedroom window’ he laughed.

‘oh god’ Liz groaned, her and Max turned bright red.

‘Sorry’ Alex smiled ‘So you’ve left Maria for good?’ Alex inquired he wanted to make sure that Max wasn’t going to hurt Liz.

Max smiled he appreciated Alex’s concern ‘Yes there is definitely no going back’ he said sadly.

‘Are you sure your ok with that?’ Isabel asked then, she was surprised he was sad about the situation at all.

‘Yes positive I just regret that someone had to get hurt’ he explained.

‘So what happens now?’ Alex asked them.

‘Yeah where are you going to live?’ Isabel added.

Liz laughed ‘God you two don’t go easy do you’ she said ‘First things first. I have my memory back’ she told them.

‘You do?’ Isabel squealed.

‘I do’ she smiled reaching out to entwine her fingers with Max’s.

‘Oh Lizzie I’m so glad your back’ Alex told her.

‘I’ve had it back for a couple of days now but this is the fist chance I’ve had to tell Max’ she explained.

‘So the two of you are back together?’ Alex asked with a grin. He knew he shouldn’t be so happy considering Maria was hurt in the situation but he couldn’t help it.

‘Um yeah’ Max smiled ‘I guess we are’

‘Wow I can’t remember the last time I saw you smile like that’ Isabel told him.

‘It’s been a while since I’ve found something worth smiling like this for’

‘As for where Max will be staying, well that will be here with me and Parker’ Liz said then. She had meant it when she told him earlier that home was with them, it was.

Max looked at Liz then a little shock on his face but the shock soon turned to pure love. He was home.
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: Hello everyone!! Firstly this will probably be my last update for this fic this week because of Christmas and all :D . I want to thank all my wonderful readers who leave great feedback every part and a big shout out to all you lurkers, drop by and leave us a line sometime and let us know your reading :) .

Anyway Merry Christmas everyone i hope that whatever you do, and whoever you do it with this Christmas that you have a wonderful time and that Santa is good to you all. Love you guys!!

Part 23

Liz and Max hesitated before knocking on the door to the Evan’s. After Isabel and Alex told them how upset Parker was that Max was at the house they decided they should stop by. Liz could tell he was up because his frustration was flowing on to her.

‘Max’ Philip smiled as he opened the door ‘Liz’ he smiled at her too.

‘Well I’m surprised you didn’t come over sooner’ he laughed then as they all heard Parker’s little feet running down the stairs.

‘Daddy’ he squealed when he saw his father before launching himself at him. Max let go of Liz’s hand and caught him just in time.

‘Hey there buddy’ Max smiled giving him a kiss.

‘What about me?’ Liz pouted.

‘Oh mummy I saw you today already’ he grinned.

‘You did didn’t you’ she replied ‘So would you like to explain why are you still up baby?’ she asked her son. It was hours past his bed time.

‘I wanted to see Daddy but Grams said he was busy but I could see his car’ he told her with a pout.

‘Well buddy now you’ve seen me it’s time for bed ok’ Max told his son. ‘Come on’ he said. He lowered him so that Liz could give him a kiss and then took him up the stairs to put him back to bed.

‘Liz sweetie do you want a coffee?’ Diane asked when she appeared from the kitchen.

‘Yes please’ she smiled ‘White with one and Max will have his black with 3 and a good drop of Tabasco’ she rattled off.

‘How did you remember that Liz?’ Diane asked shocked most of the time even she couldn’t remember how many sugars her son had in his coffee.

‘Oh’ Liz blushed ‘when you serve someone every afternoon for as long as you can remember you cant forget the way they take their coffee’ she explained.

‘Oh sweetheart you got your memory back?’ Philip asked her. He had always thought of Liz like another daughter and it had killed him to watch his son when he lost her. During high school when they had dated Liz had spent a lot of time at their place and they had been lucky enough to get to know her, it was Liz who had finally helped Isabel convince Max and Michael to tell them the truth. Now that she was back Max seemed like his old self but he decided he needed to have a little talk with his son about taking care of his responsibilities, including Maria.

Max joined his parents and Liz in the lounge room and took a sip of his coffee ‘Oh that’s good your getting better mum’ he smiled.

‘Hey don’t thank me it was Liz who remembered the way you liked it’ she replied.

Max turned to Liz and smiled then. He loved the fact that she still knew him better than anyone. Even his own mum couldn’t make his coffee the way he liked it.

‘So we noticed your car Max’ Philip said then.

‘Yeah about that I guess you were wondering what it was doing across the road’ he replied.

‘Well we were a little curious when we saw all the boxes’ Diane smiled kindly. Diane was proud of her son, despite the circumstances that had torn her son’s world apart 8 years ago he had pulled himself together nicely. Diane and Philip allowed their son to skip on college for the fist semester after Liz’s disappearance mainly because he wouldn’t go to Harvard with out Liz and they didn’t expect him to and because he was convinced that he had to search for the truth. But when Diane could see that the search was preventing Max from mourning and healing she put her foot down and made him go back to school and it had been the best decision for him. Now he was almost finished his residency and although he had been distant and unhappy without Liz he was still living life.

‘Well I moved out’ he told them. He always thought when he was younger that he would have a happy marriage like his parents, and when he got older and finally was able to have a relationship with Liz he still always believed that, in some ways he felt like a failure sitting here admitting his marriage had failed.

‘Oh’ Dianne replied. ‘So you moved out to where?’

Liz gulped, she had known this wasn’t going to be easy, and tomorrow they had to tell her parents too before the gossips started. ‘He’s moving in with me and Parker’ Liz told them.

‘And Maria?’ Philip asked. He wanted his son to be happy and god knows him and Liz deserved it too after everything she had been through but Max couldn’t just run out on his responsibilities.

‘Maria knows, she was upset understandably and I’ve told her she can keep the house that the only thing I want was the furniture in the study’ Max explained.

‘And you and Liz are?’ Diane asked.

‘Together’ Max told them leaving no room for doubt.

‘Max honey you cant just walk out on your marriage like that’ Diane sighed ‘Liz honey you know we love you but unfortunately Max has responsibilities’ she explained.

‘Well I’m removing those responsibilities from my life’ Max told them ‘Which is why I was going to ask you to start drawing up divorce papers for me Dad’

‘On what grounds Max?’ Philip asked his son ‘Long lost girlfriend returns?’

Liz cringed at the comment.

‘How about irreconcilable differences, how about the fact that my wife lied to me or maybe that I don’t love her and I never have’ Max replied his voice rising in anger causing Diane to gasp.

‘What are you saying Max?’

‘I’m saying that under no circumstances will I go back to a marriage that I was miserable in. I do not love Maria and I never have and I wont continue allowing a responsibility to rule my life. What about my responsibilities to Liz and to Parker Dad?’

Philip sighed ‘Max we don’t want you to be unhappy but we don’t want you to make rash decisions that not only effect your life but others around you. I mean Maria must be very upset over this, it was only last week that she was talking about starting a family we thought that the two of you were happy’ he explained.

‘No offense Philip but what planet have you and Diane been living on?’ Liz asked then.

‘What do you mean?’ he replied.

‘I’ve been back about 2 weeks Philip and even when I didn’t have my memory it was pretty obvious that Max wasn’t happy’ Liz said, she was angry at the two people in front of her who had obviously been to wrapped up in their own lives to pay attention to what was going on with their son.

‘And for the record I told Maria from the word go that I never wanted children and that was never going to change but as it turns out Maria cant have my children so in a way I am also doing her a favor by leaving. Now she will have the chance to meet someone that can give her all the things that she wants’

Philip and Diane were taken aback by the things that they were hearing. Had they really be so oblivious to their son’s feelings and happiness. Diane realized straight away that they had, they never talked to Max anymore the only time they ever saw him was when they had them over to dinner and Maria usually took over the conversation and Isabel and Alex would refuse to come to the same dinners.

‘I’m sorry Max’ Diane said then ‘If being with Liz and Parker is what makes you truly happy then you have my blessing and I’ll do anything I can to help you’ she told her son.

‘Thanks Mum’ Max smiled before getting up and giving her a hug.

‘Dad?’

‘I’ll start the papers straight away son, I just want what’s best for you and it’s always been obvious that’s this beautiful women by your side’ he smiled at Liz.

‘thank you’ Liz smiled, she felt the tears start in her eyes then because maybe just maybe they wouldn’t have to fight everyone they loved for their happiness after all.

They walked back to their house a little while later hand in hand. ‘Are you sure your ok with me staying with you?’ Max asked her as they approached his SUV which was still full.

Liz stopped and looked up at him worried that he may have been having second thoughts but when she saw the look in his eye she realized how stupid that was, he was just worried that they were moving to fast for her.

‘We’ve already spent way too long apart as far as I’m concerned’ she told him.

‘Wanna help me with my bags then?’ he asked.

Liz grabbed the key in response and threw open the boot to the car ‘Let’s get you moved in’ she grinned.

An hour later they had Max’s car cleared and most of his stuff put somewhere. Max had insisted on making sure their favorite photo of Parker was hung over Liz’s bed.

‘It’s our bed now’ she told him.

‘You know this is a really big house what were you planning on doing with all those spare rooms?’ Max asked her. He hadn’t been able to stop thinking about the two little girls his son kept begging for. His sisters he called them.

‘Do you know that I’ve lived in an apartment my entire life? I’ve never had garden and that’s all I wanted was a garden and a yard for Parker so maybe we can get him a dog’ she told him.

‘Sounds good and then one day start working on those sisters he wants?’ he asked her nervously. They hadn’t talked much about the future or what either of them wanted they still had so much to talk about in the past but he had to have a little idea about what Liz wanted.

‘Um I didn’t think you wanted any?’ Liz asked him nervously she had been shocked when she heard Max tell Maria he never wanted children. They had talked about it a lot before her disappearance.

‘Liz’ Max smiled ‘You know me better than that’ he said quietly.

Liz smiled, he was right she did know him better than that and she knew that Maria had been right on the mark. Max did want children but only her children and she understood that because she felt exactly the same way. ‘Well those sisters are a definite possibility down the road but right now I want to live for right now’ she replied. ‘But maybe we could start practicing’ she grinned.

‘You think so?’ he asked her huskily pulling her body against his.

‘Yeah’ she replied just before Max’s mouth came crashing down against hers.

A few hours later Liz and Max were lying spooned together in their bed ‘I missed this, missed you’ he told her softly.

Liz turned to face him knowing there was something on his mind that he needed to get off his chest.

‘I know you did’ she told him.

‘So your not upset that I, that I married someone else?’ he finally asked.

‘Baby, not I’m not upset and I wouldn’t have been upset if I had come back and found you happily married either. You were alone for 6 years that’s a long time’ she told him sincerely, and it was the truth she had thought a lot about it after she got her memory back. If she had thought Max was happy and in love she would have left and never looked back, no matter who he was married too.

‘But you’ve been alone for 8 years haven’t you?’ he asked then.

‘I’ve dated I just didn’t find anyone’ she shrugged.

‘Either did I’ he reminded her.

‘No, and if I was gone I would want that for you again just promise me this time you’ll do it for the right reasons and not because you feel you should or any other reason ok?’ she told him.

‘Same for you’ he said.

Liz nodded ‘I missed you too by the way’ she whispered just before she let sleep claim her.
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: Ok guys i know i've been a while thanx for putting up with me!! I guess there are a few people away over the holiday period so i'm going to slow posting down slightly for the next week.

Part 24

The next morning Philip and Diane dropped Parker off early. They had planned to spend the morning with him, take him to the Crashdown for breakfast but he just wanted to go home. They chalked it up to the fact that he knew his father was with his mother and finally gave in.

Liz was woken by the sound of the doorbell. She didn’t want to get up she just wanted to stay in the arms of Max but when she became more alert she realised it was probably Parker he felt close. Throwing on her robe she walked down the stairs.

‘Hi’ she smiled at Diane.

‘Oh honey I’m sorry it’s so early but he just wouldn’t stay put’ Diane sighed.

Liz looked down to her son who was standing at the door with his bag and a sheepish smile.

‘Hey baby’ she grinned at him.

‘Hi mummy’ he said.

He walked in the house then and Liz and Diane watched as he ran up the stairs obviously looking for Max.

‘I’m sorry Diane’ Liz apologized ‘he hates being away from Max I think he’s worried if he doesn’t see him he wont be there anymore’ she tried to explain.

‘That’s ok sweetie he’ll be fine once he realised that he isn’t going anywhere’ she said.

‘I hope so’ Liz laughed.

Diane left a couple of minutes later and Liz made her way back upstairs and grinned at the sight she found. Her son had climbed on his fathers chest and had fallen asleep, Max’s arms instinctively wrapped around him. Obviously he hadn’t gotten much sleep the night before.

The sight almost brought tears to her eyes and she knew that she had to capture it so she rushed out of the room and into the study where she had put her camera gear. She walked back into the room quietly and started snapping pictures from lots of different angles. When she had taken almost a roll of different shots she put the camera down and climbed back into the bed with her family.

‘Are you ok?’ Liz asked Max as they pulled the car up out the front of the Crashdown. They had spent the morning together as a family. After finally waking up Liz had made them brunch in bed and they had sat down and explained what was going on to Parker.

‘Mummy is Daddy going to sleep in your room all the time now?’ Parker asked his mother innocently.

‘Would you mind if he did?’ Liz asked him.

Parker shook his head ‘No I want Daddy to stay with us all the time’ he told her.

Max walked in from his shower then and noticed the serious look on Liz’s and Parker’s faces.

‘Well maybe you should tell him that’ Liz suggested with a smile.

‘Daddy?’ Parker called out to his father.

‘Yeah mate?’ Max replied before taking a seat next to him on the bed with Liz.

‘Can you live with us all the time now?’ he asked him.

‘Yeah I can’ Max replied with a grin ‘what do you think of that?’ he asked him.

‘Yay’ he squealed before launching himself into his fathers arms.

‘I love you daddy’ he told him.

‘Oh I love you too mate’ Max told his son and Liz could see the tears in his eyes as he looked at her with a smile.

‘Yeah I mean I think they’ll be happy’ he replied. They were going to talk to Jeff and Nancy and tell them what was going on before they heard it from someone else. They still had people to get to but it was important for them both to tell their families what was happening, Max almost felt more nervous telling the Parkers than he had telling his own parents.

They hesitated about knocking but Liz decided that it wasn’t necessary so they walked into the apartment. They had called ahead and told them that they were coming over though.

‘Mum, Dad’ Liz called out.

‘In here sweetie’ her mum called out from the kitchen.

‘Hi’ they greeted as they entered. Nancy and Jeff exchanged hugs with their grandson before Liz sent him in to watch cartoons on television so that they could talk a little more privately.

‘Well this is a nice surprise’ Nancy told them as she served them cake and coffee.

‘Yeah you don’t have to call ahead to come over sweetheart’ Jeff told his daughter.

‘I know but we have some important things to tell you and I know how busy the restaurant can get sometimes.’ Liz told them. After a long talk Max and Liz decided to tell the Parkers everything, including alien details. Liz believed that her parents would take the news well especially with how close they had become with Max and deep down she also wanted them to know so that she wouldn’t have to worry if her and Max had any more children.

Liz and Max still hadn’t talked about the circumstances of her disappearance though, she knew he wanted to and she knew she wouldn’t be able to hold of any longer so she was going to wait until tonight and when she knew Parker was asleep.

‘Oh ok’ they replied before taking a seat.

‘Well um I got my memory back’ she told them.

‘WHAT!’ they gasped.

‘Oh honey that’s fantastic’ they told her rushing out of their seats to take their daughter into theirs arms. It didn’t matter when she hadn’t remembered but they couldn’t help be happier that now she remembered her life and that she was definitely their daughter.

‘Yeah it was a little overwhelming but I’m glad’ she smiled.

‘So you must be stoked too Max?’ Jeff asked him.

‘Yeah’ he replied. Both Jeff and Nancy noticed how quiet the young man was today but he looked happy so they shrugged it off.

‘That’s not all’ Liz told them then.

‘More news?’ Nancy laughed.

‘Yeah’ Liz smiled and then reached out under the table to take Max’s hand, she knew he was worried that her parents wouldn’t want her to get involved with a married man.

‘Max and I are back together’ she told them.

Nancy sat back quietly and studied the couple in front of her and slowly let her smile of happiness emerge. She knew that it was only a matter of time before they found they’re way to back to one another.

Jeff felt the same way, after everything Max and Liz deserved happiness and Parker deserved a father that would be around all the time.

‘Well it was a bit quicker than we expected but that’s great, congratulations both of you’ Nancy told them.

‘Really?’ Liz asked shocked. This was not the reaction she had expected.

‘Of course honey’ Jeff told her.

‘The two of you deserve this’ he assured her.

‘We do don’t we?’ she laughed before she let the tears she was holding in fall, her parents reaction had made her so happy.

Max pulled Liz into his arms before raising his eyes to meet the two people he considered family already ‘Thank you’ he told them.

‘You don’t need to thank us Max, making Lizzie happy is all we want you to do and its obvious that you do that already’ Nancy said.

‘Well I hope you’ll still feel that way when I tell you what else we need you to know’ he started then. It was now or never, their reaction to them being together was better than he could have ever expected.

‘Max?’ Jeff questioned.

‘Daddy do you remember when I was 16 and the gun went off in the Crashdown?’ Liz asked.

‘Yeah of course’ he replied. He had never been more scared before that day.

‘Well I was shot that day and I would have died except that Max healed me’ she told them.

‘You were shot?’ Nancy Parker went white, how did she not know about this.

‘How did Max heal you?’ Jeff asked confused.

‘Jeff, Nancy I’m not from around here. I was in the 1947 crash, we were in incubation pods for 50 years and when we hatched we were already 6 years olds’

Jeff and Nancy sat wide eyed.

‘Mum, Dad what Max is trying to say is that he’s a hybrid. Alien and human DNA mixed together to recreate his former self. What that also means is that Parker is also partially alien and so am I’ Liz explained.

‘Um’ Nancy’s jaw was moving but she couldn’t get anything else out.

‘You said we?’ Jeff finally asked.

‘My sister Isabel, Michael and our friend Tess’ Max told them.

‘Wow’ Nancy finally said.

‘You said that makes you and Parker alien too?’ a white face Jeff asked then. ‘How?’

‘Well Parker because he is Max’s son and I was changed slightly as a result of Max bringing me back from the brink of death’ she explained.

‘Jeff, Nancy I know this is a shock to you but I want you know that I love Liz with my whole heart and I have since the moment I set eyes on her. I would never do anything to hurt her or Parker’

Jeff and Nancy didn’t know how to respond, they knew that everything that Max had said was true, and they knew how much he loved their daughter.

‘Oh ok’ Jeff finally said.

‘Ok?’ Liz asked confused

‘This is a lot of information to take in so can you maybe give us some time to come to terms with it?’ he asked his daughter and Max.

‘Oh of course’ Max told them.

‘You do realize though that you cant tell anyone’ Liz told them a little worriedly, she trusted her parents and still stood by their decision to tell them the truth but she didn’t think a gently reminder would go astray.

Nancy and Jeff nodded ‘Um ok well we will leave you too and you know how to get hold of us when your ready to talk’ Liz smiled sadly, she didn’t know what she expected from them but it hurt a little that they were brushing them aside.

Five minutes later Liz, Max and Parker were back in Max’s SUV on their way back to their house.
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: Okay after two tame parts the action is back!! :D Thanx for the feedback i appreciate you guys sticking with me through this fic. Hi lurkers, stop by sometime.

FSUMSW94
con angel
frenchkiss70
Jason's Lover
Smac
begonia9508
Liz86000

Part 25

Standing on the outside
I don’t know where I’m going to
But I do know just one thing
And that is it’s over with you

I’ve been very lonely
I did not think I could go out
I was caught in memories
And dreams I should have won

Blind Freddie new that
Blind man could see
I was in love with you
But you weren’t in love with me

Maria sat on the lounge flicking through the photo album with contained photos of the past 2 years of her life. There was another pile on the floor of other albums from the last 18 years before that as well but right now the only one she was interested in was the one that told the story of her and Max.

There weren’t very many photos in the album compared to some of the others and instead of opening the album and seeing the story of a fantastic love that she needed to see all she saw was a façade. She refused to believe that the past two years of her life had been a complete lie though, that he had never loved her at all but the photos were doing nothing to prove that, instead they were reminding her that he had walked away and at this very moment was probably back in the arms of his soul mate, the best friend she had lost.

Leaning forward she picked up the bottle and poured some more wine into her glass before lifting it to her lips. The cool liquid slid down her throat easily and she sighed in relief at the feelings it brought.

Maria hadn’t left her house since that day before, she couldn’t bring herself to answer the door or pick up the phone regardless of how many messages her mother left. The fact was Maria wasn’t ready to hear them all say they told her so, she wasn’t prepared to believe her marriage was really over.

Closing the album she slowly made her way upstairs and into the room they had shared for almost a year. Their wedding anniversary would have been next week, but they hadn’t made it. Max had walked away without a thought to what he was giving up. The bed was unmade and she tried to remember the last time he had slept in it with her. It had been few and far between when he graced her bed and she always thought it was from the pressure of work, she still believed that their problems could be fixed and she still believe that she could convince Max of that.

Making her way into the bathroom she took in the scent that was Max that still lingered from the last shower he had, probably after finishing work yesterday she thought sadly.

‘Hey’ Michael greeted when Liz opened the door to her house.

‘Hi’ she smiled back stepping in to let him in. ‘Come on in’

‘Nah I was hoping that Park might want to come hang with me?’ he told her.

Liz had called Michael already to tell him about Max and Michael was happy for them, and for Parker. He knew he would find it hard to walk away from the fatherly role he had developed with Parker but he knew he would do it because having Max around was what Parker needed and what Liz deserved. He had stolen 2 years from them already because of his anger and pig headedness and was eternally gratefully that Liz had been able to forgive him for it, and he knew he wouldn’t stand in the way another second.

Sure him and Max they still had things to sort out but after their chat 5 days ago Michael wasn’t as angry anymore and now he believed that maybe one day he might be able to call Max his friend again.

‘Hi Michael’ Max smiled when he saw him. Parker was walking behind him down the stairs.

‘Uncle Mike’ Parker yelled when he saw him standing at the door.

‘Hey chief wanna hang?’ he asked him hopefully.

Liz could see immediately that Parker was reluctant by the look he cast at his father but she recognized this as a perfect opportunity for her and Max to have a talk and she also realized what Parkers rejection could do to Michael at this point. The move had been an adjustment for everyone and Liz refused to believe that it hadn’t effected Michael as much as it had her. They had lived like a little family for two years and now Michael was living in his own apartment a couple of blocks away and Liz was living with Max and Parker.

Liz nudged Parker through their connection indicating that Max would be here all the time but Michael might not, so the boy nodded and after gathering a few things headed out for the afternoon with his Uncle.

‘That was nice of you’ Max told her after they left.

‘What was?’ she asked him.

‘encouraging Parker not to miss out on time with Michael’ he replied.

‘Well I also had a selfish ulterior motive’ she smiled.

Max’s hands went to Liz’s hips and pulled her flush against his body ‘Is that so?’ he asked huskily before lowering his lips onto hers.

All thoughts Liz had about a serious conversation immediately flew out the window as Max’s tongue invaded her mouth.

He started walking her towards the couch in the living room oblivious to the fact that the blinds and curtains were open.

‘Max’ Liz moaned as his hands crept under the shirt she was wearing immediately caressing her sensitive breasts. Max’s arousal peaked even more when his hands came into contact immediately with flesh and not the lace of a bra that he expected. He loved it when she didn’t wear a bra.

‘I want you baby’ he growled huskily in her ear and smiled when he felt her body shiver from his words.

Liz’s answer came in the non verbal form her hands moving in between their bodies and tugging his shirt up until Max pulled away so he could tug it over his head. As soon as the shirt was discarded she lifted her own arms up in invitation for Max to remove hers as well.

‘Do you know how perfect you are?’ he asked her huskily his eyes raking over her half naked body.

‘You make me feel perfect’ she replied, and he did. He spent his time kissing her body everywhere and worshipping her before he removed her shorts and thong from her body.

He gently fingered her wet lips before sliding down her body and covering her with his mouth. He eased a finger in and out of her slowly whilst his mouth tugged and sucked on her clit.

‘Oh Max oh god’ she screamed out in pleasure as her orgasm hit her.

Maria sat outside Liz’s house nervously. Was she making the right decision coming here? She sighed and got out of the car, she knew she was. She had to fight for Max to prove to him that she loved him. Maybe that was what leaving was all about for him, Liz appeared to be fighting for him and now she needed to hit back.

She had made sure to wear her hair out, she knew Max loved hair it was one of his fetishes which is why she had started growing hers so that one day it would be as long as Liz’s. She was wearing a black top which showed off a lot of her cleavage and a tight pair of jeans. She decided she looked good as she walked up the path to the front door.

When she had pulled up and had found disappointedly that Max’s SUV was indeed their which meant that he most likely staying there. He wouldn’t have driven from his parents to her place when they lived just across the street.

Maria raised her hand ready to knock when she heard the sound of screaming ‘Oh Max oh god’ and her hand froze. Was that Liz?. Tears sprang to her eyes immediately but instead of fleeing like her heart was telling her she listened to her mind which was telling her that if what she heard was what she thought then she needed to see it for herself.

When Liz came down from her orgasm Max was lying above her with a smirk ‘Hmm pretty proud of yourself aren’t you Mr. Evans’ she laughed.

‘Yeah’ he replied nuzzling his nose with hers ‘God I’ve missed your taste’ he told her. Liz realized then that he was still wearing his jeans and she could feel his very hard cock pressed against her stomach. Reaching a hand in between their bodies she went to work unbuttoning and unzipping so that she could free him.

‘Max please’ she begged him she needed him so badly and she could tell how much he needed her.

Max pulled back and quickly pulled his jeans and boxes off before rejoining her on the couch. He joined their bodies quickly causing them to both moan loudly in pleasure.

Maria took a step and saw that the curtains to the front window were open and that she could see inside, it was then that her heart stopped and she caught sight of her husband pulling off his jeans and boxers before joining an equally naked Liz on the couch.

She tried to get her feet moving so that she could run but she couldn’t it was like her heart was demanding she stay and witness her husband happily making love to someone else. Willingly moaning her name over and over again as though if he didn’t she might disappear and her mind was telling her over and over again that he never loved you like this.

Max was is heaven at the feel of Liz’s walls contracting around him as she came, but he couldn’t fight the feeling that he felt someone was watching him. He continued to thrust lovingly into his love, his soul mate before giving into the urge to turn his head. He immediately regretted it when he did, his eyes came eye to eye with a pair of teary green ones. Maria.

He knew that he should pull out and away from Liz but his heart wouldn’t let him so instead he lifted a hand and used his powers to close the curtains.

‘Max’ Liz moaned again oblivious to what had just happened.

‘love you baby’ he moaned, he could feel she was close their connection so strong now that they could feel everything including the others orgasm and this time when Liz tumbled over the edge Max went with her.

‘MAX!!!’

‘LIZ!!!’

Maria stood their mouth agape with shock. He saw her and his only reaction had been to close the curtains. Seconds later she heard them both scream out in pleasure and once again she begged her feet to move and this time they did but straight to the door where her hand lifted and started banging.

Maria was pissed now. It was one thing for him to walk away from their marriage but it was another for him to be fucking around on her not even a day later and then flaunt it in her face. All rational thought left her brain and the only thing on her mind was tearing into her adultery committing husband before dragging him back home.

‘Max’ Liz groaned when she heard the knocking on the door. Her first thought that it was Isabel coming over because she head heard them.

Max sighed he knew exactly who it was. He threw on his jean before helping her up off the couch. ‘Get dressed gorgeous and I’ll get it’ he told her before kissing her.

‘Hmm have I told you today how much I love you’ she told him then.

Max smiled brilliantly at her, he would never tire of hearing her say that.

Max was about to respond when the knocking grew louder. So instead he made his way to the door and taking a deep breath opened it.

TBC
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: Wow guys your feedback for the last part was totally overwhelming. Thank you so much :D . Okay on with the next part but i feel i should warn you that another cliff hanger is looming. I know i tend to throw a few in throughout this story but i've got to keep you interested somehow :lol:

kay_b
frenchkiss70
extingman
Coley452
Liz86000
begonia9508
FSUMSW94
Alien614
Jason's Lover
behrlyliz
Little_Miss_Roswell
Lessie
Spicy trini1
KParkerEvans
g7silvers
Behrsgirl77
Smac

Part 26

‘You inconceivable bastard’ Maria yelled before her hand moved out to slap Max’s face but before she could make contact she felt another hand grasping hers tightly.

‘I wouldn’t do that if I were you’ Liz warned.

She had picked up on Max’s thoughts through their connection seconds before he opened the door and she had a fairly good idea now of what had happened. Although she felt her privacy had been invaded she also felt a flood of love over the fact Max hadn’t pulled away from the love they were expressing.

‘Take your hands off me’ Maria snapped.

‘Only if you calm down and keep your hands off Max’ Liz replied calmly. When she didn’t argue Liz let her hand go and allowed Max to slip her small hand into his as they stepped back and Maria stormed into their home.

Walking to the house Maria was instantly swarmed with Max’s scent, the house smelt like him already but it was mixed with something else that Maria could only imagine was Liz.

‘What are you doing here Maria?’ Max asked her then.

‘I came here to fight for my marriage but instead I find my husband fucking around behind my back’ she yelled.

‘Maria’ Max sighed this was the last thing he wanted to be doing after making love to Liz but he realized that he no choice now, obviously he hadn’t made things clear enough the first time around.

‘We have no marriage I tried to explain this to you. My father is drawing up the divorce papers as we speak and hopefully in a couple of months we’ll both be able to move on like this marriage never existed’ he told her.

‘Our marriage was fine until she came back, cant you see that Max?’ Maria cried.

‘The only think I know is that I DON’T LOVE YOU’ Max yelled.

‘Yes you do you told me’ she cried.

Liz stepped forward then and took the blonde in her arms and led her towards the couch. The irony of the situation was not lost on either of Max or Liz as she sat down. Minutes earlier they were expressing their love for each other and right now Max would have to tell Maria that the love she thought they shared never happened.

‘Maria no one set out to hurt you here and I think I understand why you might be confused about Max’s feelings towards you’ Liz told her.

‘What would you know?’ Maria spat

‘You need to tell her Max’ Liz told him.

Max looked back at her fearfully he knew that was he was about to tell her would break her but there was no other way.

‘Maria when did Max tell you he loved you?’ she asked.

‘All the time Liz, every time we made love he would tell me over and over again’ she replied bitterly hoping her words would effect the women who stood between her and her marriage.

Her words did nothing but comfort Liz though because it confirmed what she already knew. Max was making love to her when he said that.

‘Maria’ Max started before sitting down on the coffee table in front of her ‘I, I started drinking’

‘What?’ Maria looked up at him shocked.

‘The day of the wedding, I couldn’t go through with it I wasn’t going to so Kyle offered me a drink. I took it and that’s the last thing I remember until I woke up the next morning’ he told her.

‘You don’t remember our wedding?’ she asked sadly.

‘No nor do I remember the wedding night or any other night that I’ve been with you’ he said.

‘What do you mean by any other night?’ she asked confused.

Max looked at Liz begging her with his eyes to help him here but Liz looked back helplessly she knew that Max needed to tell this to Maria himself or the blonde would never give up.

‘The morning after the only think I could remember was from a dream I had about making love with Liz. I, I thought I was with Liz Maria or I wouldn’t have been able to go through with it’

‘WHAT!’ she gasped.

‘I drank every night I was home after that’ he started to cry ‘I’m sorry but it was the only way I could get through the night, I felt so guilty like I was betraying Liz and Michael and it was easier to forget, to not know.’

‘It was easier to believe you were making love to Liz then me’ she finished in anguish.

‘I’m so sorry I didn’t do it to hurt you, I wanted you to be happy’ he told her.

‘So you didn’t mean it when you said you loved me?’ she cried.

‘I, I no’ he replied.

‘Oh god’ she sobbed. Liz didn’t hesitate taking her into her arms and trying to comfort her she knew how hard she would have taken it, if it was her that Max had told her didn’t love, she saw the anguish in Max’s eyes also and ached to comfort him but she knew that she could do that later.

Max walked out of the room silently he knew it would be better if he wasn’t there when Maria calmed down and he also needed to get away from her, he couldn’t stand the fact that the very reason he got with her in the first place was to make her happy and safe and as a result of that he had hurt her more than anyone else could have.

When Maria calmed down she looked around the room and noticed that he was gone and then to the best friend she once knew who was comforting her.

‘He really loves you doesn’t he?’ she asked her.

Liz offered her a small smile ‘Yes’

‘I’ve been such a fool’ she said then ‘I gave up so much for this and look at what I have now, nothing’ she said.

‘Your right, I’m not sure what happened to make you give up the things that meant the most to you in the past but I do know that you’ve been given a second chance to fix those things’ Liz told her.

Maria was shocked, after everything that had happened was Liz saying that there was a chance for them to be friends one day.

‘I doubt that’ she smiled ‘Alex won’t talk to me, and Michael well he hates me’ she said sadly.

‘Hate is a strong word Maria and people, especially people like Alex and Michael don’t throw words like that around’ Liz replied.

‘And you?’ Maria asked then.

‘I don’t hate you, but I don’t like who you’ve become’ she told her sadly.

‘Me either Liz, me either’ she said then.

Maria pulled herself together then and with a final longing look up the stairs where Max had retreated she turned to Liz.

‘Take care of him’ she told her.

‘Always’ Liz promised and watched as Maria gave up the fight and walked quietly out the door.

Liz climbed the stairs and made her way into their bedroom quietly, she could feel Max’s emotions, his pain at what he had just done to someone he considered a good friend, family even coming off him in waves and crashing against her.

Liz found him staring out the window where he had obviously watched Maria drive away.

‘Hey’ Liz said quietly as she leaned her cheek against his back and embraced him.

Max was silent for a little while before turning his body around in Liz’s embrace and pulling her against his chest.

‘Hey’ he replied.

They both stood their silently just enjoying each other’s closeness, the think that had always blown Max away with his connection to Liz was that she always knew what he needed and most of the time they didn’t need to use words to express themselves.

‘You ok?’ Liz mumbled worriedly.

‘I am now’ he told her ‘I knew it had to be done but it was hard seeing her like that’ he continued and Liz could feel straight away that he was feeling guilty and like a failure. It wasn’t failure over his marriage is it was failure over keeping Maria happy and safe.

‘She’s a big girl Max’ Liz told him ‘and I think she’s going to be okay eventually’ Liz told him honestly. She knew someone deep down the Maria she knew so well was still there somewhere and that given time she would bounce back in true Teflon form.

Max didn’t respond though and Liz could sense that he was holding back.

‘Talk to me sweetie’ she encouraged.

‘Like your talking to me?’ he snapped, he felt Liz immediately flinch in his arms before she pulled away.

‘I’m sorry I shouldn’t have snapped but the more time that goes by the more I realise just how much we have to talk about’ he sighed.

‘Your right and I was planning on talking to you tonight but first I want to talk about the issue at hand’ she replied calmly.

‘What’s to talk about Liz, I hurt her because I once again thought that I could fix things on my own, I took the weight of everyone else on to my shoulders’ he told her.

‘Your right you made a mistake, a big one and now your fixing it, at least you have the guts to admit that you fucked up’ she told him.

‘I more that fucked up Liz, I screwed you, Parker, Maria and Michael all over and whilst Michael did enough damage of his own I’m now sitting here happy with you and Michael and Maria are miserable because of me’

‘Max nothing I can say is going to make you feel better but for what’s it worth you didn’t screw Parker and I over. You didn’t know that we were out there and I didn’t know you were out there. Michael was wrong and I’m the first person to call him on it but nothing is ever going to change anything and I think we need to remember that we wont get anything back from wallowing in the past. We move on and deal with the mistakes we make, accept the hand that fate dealt us. But don’t you ever blame yourself for not finding me because it is no one’s fault but Khivars’ Liz said before thinking, when Max whipped his head around at her comment Liz realised her mistake.

It’s now or never she thought.

TBC..... I'm still on holidays YAY for me :D so i am trying to take care of some writing that is just begging to be done, hopefully that means another part for you guys this week.

But please check out 'Last Night On Earth' which i am co-writing with Lessie on the AU board.
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: Hi everyone. Sorry that i havent been back sooner but things have just been hectic. Anyway on with the story. Thank you for the great feedback it's excellent to know so many people are enjoying this story :D . Hi lurkers and newbies also.

begonia9508
kay_b
frenchkiss70
FSUMSW94
moonlight
Roswellian1
Liz86000
Jason's Lover
g7silvers
Behrsgirl77
Earth Angel
hazz
Asabetha
KParkerEvans
Smac

Part 27

‘Liz what did you mean by that?’ Max asked her.

‘Come sit down’ she told him as she made her way to the bed they now shared and sat down and waited for him to join her.

‘Do you remember the day you tried to heal me?’ she asked him.

‘Of course’

‘No not that day sweetie I’m talking about a few weeks ago’ she corrected him.

‘Yes’ he replied nervously.

‘Do you remember the flash?’ she asked him then.

‘Of course it still haunts me every time I close my eyes’ he replied.

‘It happened’ she whispered, finally allowing the tears that she had been holding at bay back.

‘What?’ Max gasped.

‘Oh god Max it happened and I remember it all’ she cried before allowing him to pull her into his arms and soothe her.

‘When?’ he asked her after she a moment to be able to calm down.

Liz took a deep breath before she started to tell him the story ‘The night I went missing was the night I realised I was pregnant. I had just taken a shower when I felt this funny feeling, it felt like a whole lot of butterflies were flying around in my stomach’ she smiled as she remembered for the first time.

‘I put my hand down to rub it and I formed a connection with Parker. God I was scared and excited all at the same time. I didn’t know what to do but the one thing I did know is that I wanted to tell you straight away to share it with you’

She watched as Max allowed him to smile at that.

‘I threw on some clothes and climbed out my widow and went down the balcony ladder because it was late and I knew my parents would hear me if I went the other way. As soon as I started towards your house I regretted not calling you to come to me. I was nervous and I felt like some one was following me but I ignored my instincts. I mean I never do things like that but I think it was the prospect of having your baby. I had just reached the park and I could see the sign for Murray Lane and obviously the person following realised it was now or never. I don’t know what they did exactly all I remember was someone grabbing me from behind and hitting me with something. I guess I blacked out’ she told him.

‘Oh god’ Max gasped he couldn’t believe she had been so close to him.

The tears came harder now but Liz was determined to fight her way through it ‘When I woke up I was locked in some room and tied to a bed, Nicholas and a few of his goons came in and started taunting me, calling me Zan’s whore and a few other pleasantries. That didn’t bother me so much it was when they started asking me questions I refused to answer that it became hard. I had been there a couple of days when a new guy showed up with Nicholas, he was blonde and his eyes were full of hate I’d never been so scared of someone in my life.’

‘What did they want to know Liz?’

‘They wanted to know where the granolith was, they wanted to know how they could get through you defenses, apparently when we cemented our relationship you became stronger and so did your powers they knew that if they attacked you with me by your side that they would loose I guess that’s the reason why they left you alone for so long, they thought you wouldn’t be a problem with me out of the picture’ she explained.

‘What did they do to you?’ he cried.

‘I knew that Nicholas was going to try to mind rape me so I hid everything Max, I locked everything I knew about the three of you and the knowledge that I was carrying your baby away so tight that when he attacked my mind he couldn’t see it. It made him angry he wanted to kill me but Khivar wouldn’t allow it’ she cried.

‘Oh baby’ he cried with her then, for the pain that knowing him had caused her.

‘I don’t regret it Max it kept you and Parker safe from them’ she told him.

‘How did you get away?’ he asked

‘I don’t really know I only remember waking up in the hospital after that’ she told him.

‘I’ll make him pay for this Liz’ he declared then.

‘Max! no’ she gasped ‘the last thing I want you to do is to go out and find a fight’

‘but they might come back Liz and then what will we do?’

‘Then we’ll take care of it’ she assured him

‘Oh baby I’m so sorry that this happened to you’ he told her again as he pulled her down to lie against him on the bed. ‘I wish that you could have told me about this sooner’ he whispered.

‘I wish too but I was so scared’ she admitted.

‘Scared? Of what?’ he asked confused.

‘I was scared that you would close yourself off from us again like you did the day you received the flash. I just got you back and I couldn’t bare the thought of you leaving Parker and I again.’

‘Liz Parker do you have any idea how much I love you?’ he asked her. His eyes were full of mixed emotions but Liz could clearly she everyone of them there was admiration, fear, guilt but most of all the love he felt for her was shinning through.

‘Yes’ she whispered ‘because it’s about as much as I love you’

‘Your right, maybe even more’ he smiled.

Max snaked a hand around her waist then in an effort to pull her body closer to his, he didn’t want any space between them at the moment he needed to feel her completely to convince himself that she was here and that she was going anywhere again. His hand came into contact with the skin below her shirt which wasn’t big enough to cover her completely. Her skin was warm and Max couldn’t resist leaving his hand there against her warm satin skin and it only took that small minute that his hand laid across her for a connection to form.

**FLASH**

Liz, Max, Parker and two identical brown hair, amber eyed girls having a picnic near a small lake.

Max nursing a crying little girl to sleep whilst Liz rocked her sister.

‘Max’ Liz called out to him concerned and when he didn’t answer she shook him.

‘Max’ she said a little louder. Max turned his eyes that had been focused on his hand when he received the two flashes up to Liz’s eyes when he heard her concerned voice and smiled at her, rather he grinned at her before breaking out into a joyous laugh.

His grin was contagious and so was his laugh and soon Liz was giggling at him ‘What are you laughing at?’ she asked.

‘I’m am so happy’ he told her reaching down to entwine his hand with hers.

‘So am I’ she told him.

‘I bet I could tell you something that would make you happier’ he teased.

‘Really?’ she raised an eyebrow.

‘Really’ he grinned.

‘And what would that be?’

He didn’t use words to answer her at first instead he moved their joined hands down to her abdomen ‘Remember those sisters?’ he asked her.

Liz’s head snapped up quickly at hearing about the sisters her son had talked to excitedly about only 5 days ago.

‘Yes’ she replied shakily and uncertain.

‘Well’ he grinned ‘I think they might be making an appearance in the next nine months’ he told her.

Michael looked up from his spot in the back booth of the Crashdown when he heard the bells chime. He had been going through the want adds trying to find something interesting that he could apply for whilst Parker visited with his grandparents out the back. Thanks to Liz he had a bit of money saved away for a rainy day and he knew that if he didn’t find a job straight away that Liz would let him move in but he wanted to be able to stand on his own two feet.

Maria walked into the Crashdown slowly and warily as though she was checking to make sure no one was around. He watched as she gasped when she locked eyes with him.

‘Hey’ she said.

Michael didn’t respond he only nodded and turned his eyes back to the paper.

Parker emerged from the backroom then and started walking towards the booth that Michael was sitting in. Maria felt her heart break a little more as she watched the small boy who looked so much like his father and her ex-best friend. She remembered how horrible she had been to him since she had found out about him and she instantly felt bad. Parker was an innocent he didn’t deserve the treatment she had dished out, in fact a lot of people didn’t.

‘Hi Parker’ Maria said.

‘Um hi’ he replied. It wasn’t that he didn’t like Maria he just didn’t like how mean she was to him and his Mum all the time.

Maria took a few more steps until she was standing at the booth they were both sitting at.

‘Parker I wanted to say sorry’ she said. ‘I wasn’t very nice to you and that was wrong of me. I hope that maybe one day we might be able to be friends’ she told him.

‘Really?’ he asked unsurely.

‘Really’ she smiled.

‘Will you leave my Daddy alone now?’

Maria closed her eyes to block the pain that his question asked her, is that what everyone thought? That she was a horrible witch who was doing nothing but chase after someone else’s man. She knew that her marriage was over but it didn’t stop it from hurting or stop her from feeling cheated, she had only tried to fight for her marriage.

‘Your Daddy and I, well we’re gonna try and be friends eventually’ she told him hoping that it might be true some time in the future. ‘Would that be ok?’

‘Will you be friends with my mummy too?’ he asked innocently.

‘I hope so’ Maria smiled but she felt the tears pool in her eyes ‘I really do because your Mum used to be my best friend in the world and I miss her like crazy’ she told him.

‘She misses you too’ he whispered.

‘Ok well I’ll see you later Parker’ she smiled before taking a step back and walking towards the counter.

Michael watched in a mixture of hurt and sadness as the waitress handed Maria a take away bag and accepted the money she gave her. He was hurt because in the two weeks since his return she hadn’t approached him once to mend any fences and sadness because he missed her like crazy.

Maria walked towards the door but hesitated when she reached it. Taking a step back ‘Michael’ she called out and waited for him to acknowledge her. When Michael looked up she smiled through the tears that she had let fall ‘I’m sorry, so sorry’ she whispered before fleeing out the door as quickly as she had come.

TBC... soon i promise
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: Hi everyone. I am back with Part 28, I cant believe that we're so far along in this story now and that so many of you are still here with me every post. Have I told you guys i love you yet? :D Big hi lurkers and special thanx to you lurkers who have recently stepped out and posted.

Jason's Lover
con angel
begonia9508
kay_b
FSUMSW94
Smac
frenchkiss70
g7silvers
azure
Alien614
Liz86000

cornflakegirl
- Hey i'm glad you found my story. Hope by now you've had time to catch up.

LoveIsForever - hey glad that your back, I can understand you hesitance but i'm a dreamer too so i usually fix my disasters in the end.

lizard_queen - hey it must have been the week for all you lurkers to come out of the lurk zone. Glad your back, and even gladder that your still reading chica.

Part 28

‘I-I’m pregnant?’ Liz stuttered looking at Max in shock.

‘I think so’ he smiled.

‘What do you mean you think so?’

‘Well when I touched your stomach I think I formed a connection with them and I received a couple of flashes’ he explained with a smile.

Liz frowned ‘What type of flashes?’

Max’s smile faltered at the frown on Liz’s face ‘The first one was of You, Parker and me having a picnic and there were two little girls as well. The next one was of both of us trying to get two upset girls to sleep’

‘Oh’ Liz replied.

‘Liz you aren’t happy about this?’ Max asked a little confused and even a little hurt. He knew that the possibility of Liz being pregnant was a little soon in the scheme of things but he couldn’t be anything but happy that the love he shared with Liz had created two more lives.

Liz closed her eyes at Max’s question ‘How can we find out for sure?’ she asked instead of answering.

‘Well we could buy a pregnancy test or we could try and form another connection’ he answered.

‘Um okay lets do both’ she told him. ‘First we’ll try and form a connection and then we’ll take a test just to make sure’

‘Okay’ Max told her.

‘What do we need to do?’ she asked him.

‘I’ll connect with you first and from there we should be able to easily open a connection with the babies if they’re there’ he told her.

‘Okay th’ Liz’s reply was muffled out when Max’s lips came crashing down against hers she submitted instantly and felt their connection spring to life. Max guided their joined hands down to her abdomen and the minute that it came into contact with their skin the connection came to life. The sound of a beating heart and its echo was the first thing that filtered through their connection and they both knew instantly that it was the sound of their daughters heart beating in time to their own hearts.

‘Oh Max’ Liz cried when Max released her lips, Liz had tears in her eyes but Max wasn’t worried about them once he saw the huge smile that was lighting up her face, all his fears that Liz wouldn’t want their children disappeared instantly.

‘I love you’ he told her.

‘I love you too’ she smiled back.

‘I can’t wait to tell Parker’ Max grinned then moving his hand back down to Liz’s abdomen.

Liz laughed at the comment before her mood turned serious again ‘Do you think that’s such a great idea?’ she asked him.

‘What?’ Max asked confused.

‘Telling Parker so soon’ she explained.

‘You don’t want to tell him?’ he asked her.

‘Of course I do but I don’t think the time is right’ she explained.

Max turned and moved his body in to a sitting position and he waited for Liz to copy his movement and they were sitting facing each other Indian style before they continued their conversation.

‘Ok help me out here Liz why don’t you think the times right? And don’t you think he’ll know?’

‘Well he might if I leave our connection wide open but I can fix that by closing it off slightly, we’ll still have an awareness of each other but he wont be privy to the ins and outs of what’s going on inside of me. I think he’s old enough now that the connection should be closed off all the time. I’ve only allowed for it to be open for so long because it was all the two of us had but I think it will only cause problems as he gets older by continuing to leave it open’ she explained.

Max thought about what she was saying, aware that she had answered the latter of his questions first. He didn’t completely understand her connection with Parker so he knew that he should leave the decision to closing it off to her but then he also knew how he would feel if she did that to him and he was worried that Parker would feel the same way and he told her so.

‘I would explain to him the reasons why and I’ve been doing it regularly since we got to Roswell otherwise you would have sensed him in our connection by now’ she told him.

‘He could join our connection?’ Max asked in an awed filled voice.

Liz thought about his question ‘Yes, I guess but once again I don’t think that’s a good idea’ she laughed thinking about how out of control their connection would get when they were in the throes of passion.

Max smiled when he caught onto her thoughts ‘Your right but that still doesn’t explain why you don’t think the time is right to tell him about his sisters, you heard how excited he was the other day’ Max argued.

‘Oh Max it’s nothing to do with me being worried about him getting upset because I know he wants sisters but it stems from wanting and needing a family Max which is what we’re giving him now. I think we should hold of telling him and everyone else until the second trimester’

‘How long is that?’ Max asked her.

’12 weeks’ she explained.

‘What! You expect me to keep it a secret for that long?’

‘Max most people don’t even know they’re pregnant this early and waiting the 12 weeks allows us to enjoy the early stages together and to make sure that everything is alright before we share our news I think it will also give you the time to spend with Parker and build up a strong father son relationship with him before we share the news’

‘Is that the only reason?’ Max asked her then, he recognized that her arguments were good, if he was Parker he would feel a little threatened if the father he had just found all of a sudden had two other children.

‘Liz you can tell me anything, not matter what it is you know that’ he encouraged her.

‘Max you only just left Maria and I know everyone is going to start talking I don’t want people to talk about the girls like they were the product of an affair’ she told him quietly.

‘Baby girl they were’ he laughed but the laugh died quickly when Liz began to sob ‘but that’s not important because no matter what anyone says we know that they were made out of love’ he added.

‘Do you think they were conceived while you were with Maria?’ she asked in between sobs.

Max thought about her question seriously ‘No I think they were conceived the day I showed up here’ he told her honestly.

Liz smiled then ‘nine months is a long time’ she said then.

‘Yeah I know’ he grinned back.

‘Okay I agree we shouldn’t rush out and tell everyone. Besides the point it’s a little insensitive to Maria your right about getting the chance to spend time with Parker but if he brings them up by himself I want to tell him straight away ok? I don’t want to lie to him ever Liz’

Liz smiled, she had always known that Max was going to be a fabulous father but seeing him with Parker and talking about Parker and their two daughters still took her breath away, she couldn’t wait until their daughters arrived.

‘Me either’ Max agreed .

‘Liz Max!’ they heard Michael yell from downstairs.

‘Coming’ Max yelled, he leaned forward and slanted his mouth over Liz’s then for a quick seductive kiss before jumping off the bed to go greet Michael and his son who he could hear running up the stairs.

‘Hey’ Max smiled at Michael who was still standing at the door, he seemed to be hesitating for some reason.

‘Hey’ he nodded in response.

‘How are things?’ he asked him nervously. He never thought that he would feel that way with Michael, his childhood best friend close enough to be a brother.

‘Yeah good’ he shrugs. ‘You?’

‘Great’ Max grins. Michael can’t help but once again feel envious of Max Evans he always ended up landing on his feet no matter what happened.

They both looked up at they heard voiced and footsteps on the stair and watched as Liz who was still grinning like an idiot walked down the stairs with Parker.

‘Hi Michael’ she smiled

‘Hey Lizzie’ he replied, Max was surprised at the genuine smile and affection he could hear in Michael’s voice in the greeting it was a rare thing something that he only ever witnessed before when Michael was with Isabel.

The three adults walked into the living room and took a seat on the lounge then ‘so how’s the job hunting going?’ Liz asked her friend.

‘Yeah so so, you Dad offered me some shifts at the Crash to get me by if I needed it but I don’t want to work there if I don’t have to’ he shrugged.

‘What did you do in Clovis?’ Max asked.

‘Oh this and that but I did some security guard work and I thought I might be able to pick something up around here’ he replied.

‘You know I might be able to put in a good word for you at the hospital they’re always looking for new guards’ Max told him

‘Really?’

‘Yeah’ Max replied.

‘That’s be great thanks man’ Michael replied both oblivious to a smiling Liz who looked on proudly. Life couldn’t get much better.

TBC....

I think I mentioned from the beginning that i had a fair bit of this story already written. Well I'm getting close to the end and i dont have that many already written parts ready to go. So what this means is that you might find me updating less. I know i can already hear your groans and i dont blame you. I will try to get this story finished in the next few days if i can so that i dont delay posting.

Also, i just posted a new story on the AU board called "Postponing Forever". Also, dont forget my other fics if you get a chance. An update has been posted for both Finding a King and Last Night on Earth (co written with Lessie) on the AU board as well as "I'm Coming For You" which is also here on the AA board.
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: Hey guys okay i just want to ward you that you might not like this part very much but i personally think it's necessary. Anyway i ask that you look at it from Liz's point of view. Anyway enjoy.

frenchkiss70
FSUMSW94
Spicy trini
begonia9508
Jason's Lover
g7silvers
Behrsgirl77
LoveIsForever

Part 29

2 Months Later

Liz smiled from her place in the kitchen where she was writing a shopping list when she saw Max come down the stairs. He had just gotten home from the hospital earlier that morning and he was looking completely rumpled and sexy from the sleep he just woke up from.

He walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist ‘Hey beautiful’ he whispered against her neck.

‘Hey yourself sexy’ she giggled.

‘What ya doing?’ he asked.

‘Hmm a shopping list for tonight’s party’ she replied as she innocently started rubbing her ass against his erection. They had decided to have a BBQ with all their friends and family that night as a housewarming and a celebration that Liz had her memory back.

Max let his hand slide from Liz’s waist to her stomach and over the small bump of their children. He loved seeing Liz get bigger everyday and knowing it was because of their children and despite his earlier protests about not telling anyone he was actually enjoying the fact that him and Liz had their own little secret that they could talk about in the dark in bed at night. Parker hadn’t picked up on anything so far either, or if he had he hadn’t said anything but Liz and Max had decided a couple of days earlier that they were going to share the news with him the next day. He had settled into his everyday life extremely well Liz thought. He had adjusted to school and had made a couple of very good friends and he had stopped following Max around like a shadow much to Liz’s delight.

‘Where’s Parker?’ Max asked her as he trailed kisses down her neck.

‘Hmm at his friend John’s’ she moaned.

‘For how long?’

‘Um a couple of hours why?’ she told him.

Swooping down Max picked up Liz and threw her over his shoulder ‘because I want to take you to bed and love you’ he told her before he started running up the stairs towards their bedroom.

Once he entered the room he threw her on the bed before jumping on as well to a chorus of giggles from Liz. But as soon as Max’s mouth met hers all the amusement was gone and she eagerly responded.

‘Hmm baby I missed you’ Max told her as he kissed a trail down her neck until he reached her collarbone.

‘What did you miss most?’ Liz moaned as he used his teeth to unbutton her top licking and sucking on the skin as he went.

‘Hmm your smile’ he whispered as he began to kiss lower until he reached the top of her shorts.

‘Anything else?’ she moaned.

Max knelt back on his feet and slowly began unbuttoning the tiny shorts that was covering the treasure that his body was burning for. ‘Oh definitely those eyes’ he told her as he watched them turn black with desire as she lifted her hips to allow him to slide her shorts and panties past her hips and down her legs.

‘Is that really all you missed’ she grinned as she allowed her legs to part slightly giving Max a tempting view of her wet folds.

Max growled when her scent reached his nostrils and he saw how wet she was already.

‘I think I know what you missed’ she told him huskily

‘Yeah?’

‘Take your clothes off honey’ she told him.

Flashing her a grin Max quickly discarded his shirt before pushing his sweats down his hips causing them to fall to the floor revealing that he wasn’t wearing anything underneath.

‘Commando?’ Liz quirked an eyebrow.

‘Hmm just saving time’ he murmured as he crawled up her naked body.

‘But your right I missed a lot more that just your smile and your eyes’ he told her.

‘I missed your lips,’ kiss, kiss ‘your cute little ears,’ kiss, kiss ‘your sexy legs that wrap around me when I’m thrusting into your body but most of all I missed just seeing you’ he whispered before his mouth went down and took one of her rosy nipples into his mouth.

‘Oh Max’ she moaned.

He let a hand slide down into her dark curls and traced his finger over her clit ‘Oh yes’ she moaned louder

‘You like that baby?’ he asked her.

‘uh huh’ she panted.

‘I want you to ride me baby’ he begged

Rolling onto his back he pulled Liz with him so that she was straddling his chest but Liz had other ideas though and instead slid up Max’s body until she was straddling his face. Max didn’t need any further invitation and his tongue snaked out and licked her slit.

Liz moved her hips over Max’s face as he used his mouth and fingers to bring her to a massive climax, slipping one long finger into her opening and pumping it in and out of her before adding another. ‘Yes, Yes, Yes’ she screamed. Before she had a chance to come down from her first high though Max slid her back down his body and brought her down on his hard cock.

‘Oh God’ they both groaned.

‘did I mention that I missed you too’ Liz groaned as she slid up and down his length slowly.

‘Hmm no’ he grinned ‘but why don’t you show me baby, ride me hard’ he begged.

Liz arched all the way back then placing her hands on Max’s knees and rode him with abandon.

‘Oh god Liz’ Max groaned when he could feel his climax approaching.

‘You like that baby’ she groaned trying to pick up the pace another notch again.

‘Oh fuck yes baby. I love you and I love the way you ride me’

He reached out and gave Liz’s clit a few flicks when he knew he wouldn’t be able to hold off any longer, he wanted her to go with him when he went over the edge.

‘Oh Max yes’ she moaned

‘Liiiiiiiiz’ Max cried out as he came with her emptying himself deep in her body.

Liz immediately slumped against Max’s chest in exhaustion ‘I love you’ Max whispered running his hands through her hair.

‘Oh and how I love you’ Liz replied.

Three hours later Liz actually found herself walking down the aisles of the supermarket filling the trolley with everything they needed for the BBQ that night. She was so engrossed in checking off her list and making sure she had everything she needed that she wasn’t watching where she was going and ran straight into another trolley.

‘Oh god’ she gasped looking up ‘I am so sorry’ she apologized.

Maria hopped up from where she was crouching on the ground so that she could reach something she wanted when she felt the trolley collide with something.

‘Um that’s ok’ she replied without looking up.

‘Maria?’ Liz questioned shocked. The girl in front of her had died her once blonde hair a dark brown and had cut it shorter. She had also put on a little weight since the last time Liz had saw her as well, but then again so had Liz although hers was because of the pregnancy.

‘Liz, hi’ Maria replied shocked when she turned around and found that it was Liz that had run into her.

‘hi, um how are you?’ she asked her hesitantly.

‘Yeah, good, good’ she answered with a small smile. Life for Maria had certainly changed in the past two months. After the day at Liz’s when Max had bluntly told her everything about his feelings and his drinking it had knocked her world off it’s axis. All her plans to win her husband back came crashing down around her, and going home to the house that was once theirs was no longer appealing.

In the end she had moved in with her Mum and Jim for a short time whilst she put the house that she had loved on the market. It had sold quickly and she had made a bit of money on it and some of the furniture that she sold which she knew wouldn’t fit in the apartment she was going to get, but instead of keeping the money like Max had told her she could she had instead paid out the mortgage and halved the remaining money and sent it to Max through his lawyer.

Max hadn’t needed the money but all the same he had appreciated the gesture from Maria. He put a small chunk of it the bank for a rainy day and then after much persuasion convinced Liz to take the rest to put with her money for the deposit towards the house they were currently in. After talking a lot about it they both decided it was the house for them. It had a pool and a backyard and best of all it was close to their friends and family.

‘That’s good, you look good, different but good’ Liz told her.

The final step for Maria had been to book herself a long overdue holiday and to remove her wedding ring, her mother convinced her to go on a single cruise. She had been reluctant at first but had given in when her mother offered to pay for it. She had enjoyed herself, using the time to relax and have a few one night stands full of great sex with nameless people she would never see again.

‘So do you’ Maria smiled genuinely ‘I’ve been meaning to call you’ she said then ‘I’ve been wanting to apologize to you for everything but I haven’t known how to start, I have so much to be sorry for’

Liz nodded she could understand that.

‘I miss you Liz, I miss you and Alex so bad’ Liz could see tears in her eyes and she felt her heart go out to her.

‘I miss you too’ she told her quietly ‘Um are you doing anything tonight?’ she found herself asking.

‘Um no, you know no friends, no life’ she laughed at pathetic self.

‘Well if you think you could deal with it, and if you’d like to, we’re having a BBQ with everyone tonight’ Liz rambled she wasn’t sure what everyone’s reaction would be if she came but she wasn’t thinking about anyone at the moment. All she knew was that standing in front of her telling her she was lonely and that she missed her was her best friend for 18 years, her sister and Liz couldn’t turn her back on her. There would be a lot to make up for and talk about but it could be done, couldn’t it?.

‘Really?’ Maria asked surprised.

‘Yeah, I mean every one will be there, Max, Alex, Kyle and Michael’ she warned.

‘How is he?’ she found herself asking.

‘Max?’

‘Uh no, Michael’ she corrected and felt herself blush when she saw Liz’s small knowing smile.

‘He’s Michael’ she shrugged ‘I’m surprised you haven’t seen him at the hospital he’s working security there’

‘Oh’ Maria said surprised, she didn’t know that nor had she seen him.

‘Well we’re kicking off a 7 tonight if you want to come’ Liz told her needing to push on and get home.

‘Thank you Liz’ she said genuinely.

Liz nodded ‘So I’ll see you tonight’ and with that she continued on with her shopping.

TBC... like i said we're winding down so who knows