Dancing along the reality line (XO,SPN,MATURE) End Ch. 4/16

All finished stories from the Unconventional Couples board, the Crossover board, and the Alien Abyss boards will eventually be moved here. See those forums for descriptions.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, Erina, Forum Moderators

Appleprincess
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Dancing along the reality line (Spn, XO, Mature) 1/27/13

Post by Appleprincess »

Scenes between ~ are from Swan song.

Chapter 61

Dean had rented a room in the cheapest motel they could find so that Liz could shower while he called some guy named Chuck. The water felt great against her skin and the tension just washed away. When she was done, she walked out of the bathroom and into the main room. Though she had her bra and underwear on, she kept a towel wrapped around her body and one in her hair.

Just as she pulled the towel off of her head, Dean walked in.

"Did you find out where he's gonna be?" She asked as she dried her hair.

"Um, yeah." He looked down at his phone. "I did."

Liz stopped what she was doing and looked at him. "What?"

"Maybe you should go home?" He said as he looked up at her.

"No."

"But the kids-?"

"Are with my parents." She finished before quickly putting the clothes Dean had brought for her on. A pair of tight black jeans and a gray Ramones tee. He had even brought her a small black leather jacket but that stayed on the bed as she put her wedges back on.

"Your friends?"

"Know I'm okay." Liz waved her hand over her hair and dried it. Then she pulled it up into a ponytail.

"Liz." Dean growled. "You can't come with me."

"Why not?" She snapped looking up at him. "He means just as much to me as he does to you. I love him just as much as you do."

"I know that but what if-."

"No. No what ifs, Dean. I'm not leaving you alone in this." She grabbed the leather and put it on as she walked pass him to the door. "Either of you."

Outside, she went straight to the impala but she didn't get in. Sometimes she wished she smoked cause then, she'd be able to relax somehow.

Liz heard the door open and turned. She watched as Dean gave the keys to the front desk and then walk straight to the trunk.

Why was he fighting her on this? Didn't he know that he needed her? Or at least, he might for healing. Liz looked at her hands that were in front of her. Hopefully her running on adrenalin won't mess with her healing abilities. However small they were.

~"You goin' someplace?" Bobby asked as he and Cass walked towards the impala. Then he shook his head. "You're goin' to do somethin' stupid. You got that look."

"I'm gonna go talk to Sam." Dean told them.

"You just don't give up."

"It's Sam!" He thundered.

"If you couldn't reach him here, you're certainly not gonna be able to on the battlefield." Cass told him.

"Well, if we've already lost, then I guess I got nothing to lose, right?"

"I just want you to understand..." Pause. "The only thing that you're gonna see out there is Michael killing your brother."~

Liz closed her eyes as she slid into the passenger seat. So detached. They both sounded...so detached. But why? Liz opened her eyes. It was Sam. He was worth saving.

Wasn't he?

~"Well then, I ain't gonna let him die alone." Dean turned and got into the car, slamming the door for good measure.~

"Dean?"

"Please." He whispered. "I just...I need to do this."

Reaching over, Liz grabbed him by his hand. "I know you do." He looked at her. "And I'll stand by you the whole way."

His eyes closed as he raised her hand to his mouth and kissed it. Then he opened his eyes, started the car and drove off.

Lucifer waited in the middle of a field in Sam's body, waiting for Michael to show up. There was a sound of wings fluttering behind him and he knew his brother had arrived. Turning, Lucifer came face to face with Michael. In Adam's body.

~"It's good to see you Michael." He greeted.

"You too. It's been too long."

"Can you believe it's finally here?" He asked.

Michael scoffed as he took a few steps towards Lucifer. "No. Not really." Then he stopped and sighed. "Are you ready?" Lucifer inhaled deeply.

"As I'll ever be." They stared at each other. "A part of me wishes we didn't have to do this." Michael nodded.

"Yeah. Me too."

"Then why are we?" Lucifer asked as he took a few steps forward.

"Oh, you know why." Michael paused. "I have no choice. After what you did."

"What I did? What if it's not my fault?"

"What is that suppose to mean?"

"Think about it...Dad made everything. Which means he made me who I am." He said as be pointed to himself. "God wanted the devil."

"So?"

"So why? And why make us fight? I just can't figure out the point."

"What's your point?"

"We're going to kill each other. And for what? One of dad's tests. And we don't even know the answer. We're brothers. Let's just walk off the chessboard." Michael looked away as if he were considering it but then he turned back.

"I'm sorry. I-I can't do that. I'm a good son and I have my orders."

"But you don't have to follow them."

"What, you think I'm gonna rebel?" Michael thundered. "Now? I'm not like you."

"Please Michael-."

"You know, you haven't changed a bit, little brother. Always blaming everybody but yourself. We were together. We were happy. But you betrayed me...all of us...and you made our father leave."

"No one makes dad do anything. He is doing this to us."

"You're a monster, Lucifer." Lucifer looked down, sadness written all over his face. "And I have to kill you."

"If that's the way it's got to be..." He gulped as he looked back at Michael. "Then I'd like to see you try."

Slowly, they rounded each other until they heard an engine rev.~

"Here we go." Liz mumbled as she handed Dean the tape he had asked her for. Then he pushed it in and turned the volume up.

With a completely blank face on his face, he drove slowly and right to Sam and...some other guy who looked oddly familiar. When they were a few feet away, Dean stopped the car and got out.

~"Howdy, boys."~

Liz looked from Sam to the other guy and then back.

~"Sorry. Am I interrupting something?" He closed the impala door and walked to the front of the car. "Hey. We need to talk."~

Sam and the guy shared a look before he looked at Dean and that bad feeling she had when she had first seen Max in the Western Union came back in full force.

~"Dean. Even for you, this is a whole new mountain of stupid."~ Lucifer said. Then he looked right at Liz. "And to bring her along." He shook his head. "Completely stupid."

~"I'm not talking to you. I'm talking to Sam."

"You're no longer the vessel, Dean." The other guy spoke sternly, as if he were talking to a child. "You got no right to be here."

"Adam, if you're in there somewhere, I am so sorry." Dean said ~as Liz got out of the impala.~

"Adam isn't home right now."~

Adam? An image of Cass pulling something from the ground flashed pass Liz's eyes. Wait. Not something. Someone. A person. Liz looked at the man Michael was possessing. He was the person Cass had pulled out of the ground. He was Adam Milligan. Or at least he had been.

~"Well then, you're next on my list, Buttercup. But right now, I need 5 minutes with him." Dean said as he point to Sam.

"You little maggot." Michael snapped. "You are no longer a part of this story!"

"Hey ass butt!" Cass called out. He was standing with a glass bottle filled with some kind of liquid and a long rag hanging out of the top. On fire. When Michael turned to him, he threw it at him and it burned him until he disappeared.

"Ass butt?" Dean asked, slightly amused.

"He'll be back...and upset...but you got your 5 minutes." Cass told him with a shrug of his shoulders.

"Castiel." Lucifer breathed out making Cass look at him. "Did you just Molotov my brother with holy fire?"

He chuckled shallowly as he backed up slowly. "Uh...no."

"No one dicks with Michael but me." Then he raised his hand and snapped his fingers making Cass exploded from the inside out. His blood and some of his muscle tissue sticking to Bobby.~ Liz gasped in shock. Her eyes round as she took in all the blood on the ground. All the blood and muscle tissue that had been Castiel.

~"Sammy, can you hear me?"~

Slowly, Liz made her way around the front of the impala so that she could get to Bobby but stopped when Lucifer turned to Dean. His eyes spared her a quick glance before he zeroed in on her husband.

~"You know...I've tried to be nice...for Sammy's sake. But you...are such a pain...in my ass." Lucifer had grabbed Dean by the labels of his jacket and threw him into the car.~

Before she could react, Bobby grabbed her by the arm and waist and pulled her out of the way just as Dean hit the windshield.

"Thanks." She whispered as he let her go.

"No problem." Then, he grabbed a gun from behind him and cocked it. "You take care of my boy now, ya hear me kid?"

"What? Bobby, I don't understand."

But instead of answering her, he started shooting at Sam's back. It stopped him from going after Dean aand instead, turned his attention to the older man. As Sam turned to him fully, Bobby shot him in the heart but he still didn't go down. Instead, Sam just looked at the hole before looking back at Bobby. Then he raised his hand and twisted it, snapping Bobby's neck in the process.

"N-O-O-O-O!" Dean yelled as Bobby's body crumbled to the ground in front of Liz's feet. Without thinking about it, Liz dropped down and tried to heal her husband's pseudo father.

~"Yes." Lucifer snapped as he grabbed Dean by the foot and pulled him off the impala. Then he punched Dean right across the mouth.

"Sammy?" Dean said, blood dripping from his mouth as he turned to the man who was once his little brother. "Are you in there?"

"Oh, he's in here, all right." Another punch but this one was right across the face and knocked him back onto the impala. "And he's gonna feel the snap of your bones." Lucifer grabbed Dean and punched him again, knocking him to the floor. "Every single one." Then he pulled him to his feet and slammed him against the impala's hood. "We're gonna take our time." And he just started wailing on Dean's face. One. Two. Three. Four. ~Liz didn't know why she was counting them but it wasn't helping either of them as Lucifer got to ten.

~"Sam, it's okay." Dean said as he grabbed Sam's arm. "It's okay. I'm here. I'm here. I'm not gonna leave you." Lucifer punched Dean two more times but Dean wouldn't quit. "I'm not gonna leave you."~

Just as he was about to punch Dean again, something stopped him. Maybe it was looking into his brother's eyes or something he saw in the impala but Sam/Lucifer stopped. Not really caring why he stopped, Liz crept away from Bobby's body and around the back of the impala. She couldn't heal Bobby but maybe if she healed Sam, he'd come back to them.

She placed her hand on his chest, over his heart and opened the connection. Images of him and Dean in this reality flashed before her eyes. He was seeing him, them. Closing her eyes, Liz added some images of her and the kids, Jess, his parents and even some of Serena from the other reality. He needed to hold on and family, his family, would be his anchor.

Suddenly, he stumbled back and Dean fell to the ground. Knowing the rest was up to Sam, Liz dropped to her knees and grabbed Dean's face. There was so much blood, she didn't know where to start. But she knew that she had to do something. Taking a deep breath in, Liz opened the connection between her and Dean and was surprised by how fast she got in. Shaking her head, she concentrated on his bruises.

They were bad and though she was strong, she wasn't right now. She put too much into Sam to really heal all of Dean. All she could do was make them some what bearable for him.

Almost. There. Done.

As she slowly pulled out of their connection, Liz could hearing heavy panting next to her. Sam. She turned to her brother in law and smiled. He stood slightly slumped over, trying to caught his breath. He won. Sam had control.

"It's okay guys. It's gonna be okay. I've got him."

"I'm glad Sammy." She told with a smile. Nodding at her, Sam pulled out the four rings from his pocket and tossed them on the ground. Then he started chanting.

~"Bvtmon tabges babalon."~

The ground around the four rings suddenly sank before pulling the rings down with it. Then the wind howled as the hole got bigger and bigger. The cage was open but now what? How was Sam suppose to get Lucifer inside and still survive? He looked back at them and smiled. He was gonna jump. She realized.

~"Sam!" Michael called pulling Sam's attention away from ~them~. "It's not gonna end this way! Step back!"

"You're gonna have to make me!" Sam yelled.

"I have to fight my brother, Sam! Here and now! It's my destiny!" Michael yelled over the noise.~

Sam looked from Michael to Dean and Liz could practically see the unspoken words that passed between the two. Everything was on Sam's shoulders. It was his decision. Smiling at them one last time, Sam closed his eyes and raised his hands. The only way to get the devil back into the cage was to sacrifice himself. They were going to lose Sam.

Not wanting to lose her best friend, Liz managed to push herself to her feet just as Michael charged at Sam.

"No!" Her hand flew out in front of her and her green electricity was thrown over the hole, creating a web like cover. As they both fell onto the web, Michael and Lucifer were pulled from Sam and Adam's bodies and thrown into the cage. "Sam?" Liz tried to run to him but was stopped by Dean's grip on her jeans. "Dean?"

Suddenly, a white light erupted and Liz was thrown into the side of the impala while Dean covered his eyes. When it was over, the hole was gone but in its place was Sam and Adam's motionless bodies
Appleprincess
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Dancing along the reality line (Spn, XO, Mature) 1/30/13

Post by Appleprincess »

Chapter 62

Silence filled the air as Liz blinked open her eyes. The impact left her vision slightly blurry and her head pounding. With the last of her strength, she managed to heal herself before slowly got to her feet.

A quick glance around the field told her three things. One, she did it. She saved Sam and Adam from the cage. The evidence was their bodies not a few feet away. Two, in saving them from the cage, she may have killed them by electricution. Again, the evidence was their motionless bodies. And the third was if someone saw them here, they would see 3 bodies, Dean bleeding, a puddle of blood and muscle tissue that was Cass and her standing in the middle of it all. Not good.

Suddenly, the sound of wings fluttering alerted them to an angel coming but the sight of Castiel was...unbelievable.

"Cass?" Liz whispered before she pulled him into a hug.

"You're alive?" Dean muttered over his busted lip.

"I'm better than that." He said as he let Liz go. Then he touched Dean's forehead, healing him instantly. Liz dropped to the knees and looked Dean over. His face was perfect again. No swollen eye. No broken nose. No busted lip. Just perfect Dean. She smiled as she pulled him into a soft kiss.

"Thank God." She whispered, knowing Cass was still watching them.

"Or Cass." Dean said as he looked up at the angel. "Are you God?"

This time Cass smiled. "That's a nice compliment. But no. Although, I do believe he brought me back." He turned and walked over to Bobby. "New and improved." Then he kneeled down and healed him.

"What about Sam and Adam?" Liz asked as she helped Dean up. Cass looked at her and smiled. "Aren't you gonna heal them?"

"They don't need it."

"What? Why not?" Dean snapped.

"Because." He stated before walking up the hill in front of him.

"I hate it when he does that." A slight movement caught Liz's eye. She turned her head and saw Adam moving. "Dean look." As both turned to the pair, Sam started to move. "Oh God." She let Dean go and ran to Sam's body. "Sam?" She carefully helped him roll onto his back. "Sam?"

Dean was suddenly behind her. "Sammy?"

"How...many times...do I have to tell you...it's Sam." Liz choked back a sob as he sat up on his elbows. "Liz?" Before he could catch her, she threw herself at him, hugging the life out of him.

"Ohh." Adam groaned and Dean dropped down next to him.

"It's okay kid."

"Dean?"

"Yeah buddy," Dean looked at Liz who were still hugging Sam. "I'm right here."

Serena sat alone in the backyard just staring into nothingness. She had always known that in a big group of friends, there was always going to be problems. She had seen it when she was at Brown and later when she was in New York going for jobs. But what was happening in Liz's house right now was...there were no words.

Maria had shown up with Max yesterday, unannounced and uncaring to the fact that Liz didn't want him knowing where she lived. That caused an argument to brake out between Ava and Maria and then Max and Michael. Add on the fact that Isabel had been giving her dirty looks and acting like a complete bitch ever since she told them about Liz and Serena was about to lose her mind.

"Penny for your thoughts?" She turned and smiled.

"I think I'd be overcharging you."

Alex chuckled. "I don't know about that." He was standing by the back sliding doors in these black pin stripped slacks, a matching vest and a plain blue button down underneath. His black tie was loose and his hair was a mess. Like he had been running his hands through it all day. "What's on your mind?" Serena took a deep breath in and let it out.

"I was actually just thinking about the last few hours." Alex walked over to the patio couch and sat down next to her.

"And what about them has you looking like you want to pull your hair out?" She smiled as she rolled her eyes.

"Max and Maria's stupidity." Serena looked away from Alex, her smile falling. "Isabel."

"Isabel?" Alex asked confused. "What about her?"

"I don't know. Between yesterday and today, she's been acting like..." She slowly looked at Alex who waited patiently for her to continue. "Such a...bitch."

Alex scoffed as he shook his head and rested his elbows on his knees. "I'm so sorry."

"Normally I wouldn't care. Women are always being bitchy to me but I like you. I like hanging out with you and I don't want any problems with Isabel because of it."

"Trust me, I understand and I like hanging out with you too. I just...I don't know why she's being like that."

"It's just-?" Suddenly the phone started to ring cutting Serena off in the process. "Damn phone never lets us finish a conversation." Alex nodded with a smile. "Hello?"

"Hey S, it's me." Serena sat up straight, pillow now on her lap.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah." Liz told her. "I'm okay. Um, we're actually coming right now."

"We?"

"Yeah, we. Can you get the rooms ready?"

"Yeah. Don't worry. Bye." Serena hung up the phone and looked at Alex.

"What?"

"They're coming."

Alex sat up. "They?" Serena nodded. "Damn. We gotta go tell the others." They both got up and went inside.

And done, Liz thought to herself as she got off the phone with her parents. Serena knew they were coming and by tomorrow afternoon, her kids would be safely home with her. Home. Once she got there, Liz was seriously gonna do something to make her place safer. From everything.

"Hey Liz?" She turned and smiled as Sam came towards her.

"Yeah."

"I um..." He ran his hand through his hair nervously before returning it to his pocket. "I just wanted to thank you. I mean, I don't know what you did or even how but thanks." He pulled her into a quick hug before pushing back. "I don't know where I'd-." He looked back at Adam who was talking to Dean. "We'd be if you hadn't done what you did."

Her smile widened. "Well, you welcome but the truth is, I don't know what I did." Sam looked at her confused. "I don't."

"Then how did you do it?"

"I don't know." She explained as she grabbed onto both of his arms. "I just...I didn't want to lose you so I just reacted." He smirked.

"Well, whatever the case, you were right."

"About?"

"A few...a think it was like two maybe three weeks back when I called you and just before you hung up you told me that it was all gonna be alright." Her hands slid away from his as she remembered. "You promised me that everything was gonna be alright and then you told me that you loved me." He smiled a real Samuel Winchester smile. "Now I know I'm hot stuff and all but you're kind of married to Dean."

Liz slapped him on the arm trying to act mad but couldn't help herself. She bursted out laughing just as Dean and Adam walked over to them. "What's so funny?"

"Nothing." She told him.

"Your wife thinks I'm hot." Liz's mouth dropped open.

"I did not say that."

"Of course you didn't." Dean smirked as he draped his arm over her shoulders. "You got the stud. Why would you want the giant?"

"Ha ha, Dean. Very funny." Sam said in a deadpan tone.

"So, you two are married?" Adam suddenly asked. They had completely forgotten that he was there.

"It's um," Liz tucked her hair behind her ear. "Complicated."

Adam nodded. "So..." He glanced at Sam and Dean awkwardly. "What's gonna happen now that the angels are...gone?"

"Nothing." Cass spoke for the first time since Sam and Adam woke up.

"What do you mean?" Sam asked.

"I mean, the angels won't be bothering you anytime soon." He turned his head as if he was looking for something in the distance. "With Michael gone, there is nothing but chaos up in heavens."

"And what? You're just gonna go and be God's bitch again?" Dean snapped.

Cass turned to him. "Someone needs to lead the others. I believe I am the one God wants." Dean shook his head, annoyed.

"What about us? What the hell are we gonna do?" Cass looked at Liz who had been chewing on her lower lip the whole time.

"Whatever you want to." Then he smiled sadly at her before disappearing.

"Okay." Bobby questioned as he fixed his jeans. "Now what?"

"We regroup back at my place and go from there." Liz answered.

Alex and Serena walked into the livingroom, his hand on her lower back. They had just finished fixing up the last three guest rooms and were now about to tell the others about Liz.

"There you guys are." Maria stated as she dropped onto Liz's couch. "Iz and I were just looking for you." That's when Isabel walked in, her arms folded in front of her and a pissed off look on her face.

"Hey babe. Serena. Where were you two?"

"We actually have something more important to tell you guys." Alex told her.

"Okay. What?"

"Liz is on her way home."

"She is?" Max asked from the chair by the window.

"Yeah she is and maybe..." Alex rubbed the back of his head a bit awkwardly. "Maybe you shouldn't be here when she gets here." Then he looked at Maria. "Either of you."

"What? Why?" Maria snapped as she shot up.

"Because Liz never wanted Max to know where she was living, Maria." Ava replied with a roll of her eyes. "I think it's because he tried to kill her son while he was still inside of her."

"Plus, I doubt she'd want to see you after you threw away her friendship like yesterday's trash." Serena added as she shook her in disbelief.

Maria was moved so fast that she was in front of Serena before anyone could even blink. "Like you know anything about me and Liz."

"I know a lot more than you think."

"I'm sure." Isabel mumbled.

"What was that, Iz?" Max asked since he was the closest one to her.

"Um," She took a quick look at the others. Alex stood between Maria and Serena, Michael hovered behind the couch just in case he was needed while Ava and Kyle sat by the side window. None of them were paying attention to her or Max. They were all watching the slowly rising fight between Maria and Serena. "Nothing." She dropped her hands to her hips. "I didn't say anything."

"Look, this is stupid." Alex stated obviously trying to keep the peace. "Liz doesn't need any of this when she gets home." He looked at Maria. "You can stay but if Liz wants you and Max gone, then the both of you are gone. Got it?"

Anger flashed across her eyes before she took a step back. "Got it."

Then Alex turned to Serena. "Is this little pissing contest over?" A slow smile spread across her face.

"Only guys have pissing contests but yeah," She moved back. "I'm done."

"Good." Alex turned back to the room, a matching smile on his face. "Liz'll be here soon and she's bringing company."

"Company?" Max asked confused. "Who?"

"Family!" Serena said before Alex could. Then she grabbed Alex by his hand, making him turn to her. She didn't know if Liz wanted everyone to know who she was bringing home. Alex nodded that he understood.

"What the hell is this?" Isabel suddenly snapped.

"What?" Serena and Alex asked in union.

"This. The small touches, the silent talk, the disappearing together! A month ago, you two barely knew each other and now you have this...this unbelievably deep connection that anyone would be blind not to see."

"Isabel, nothing is going on between Serena and I." Alex told her. "I swear."

"Yeah. We're just friends."

"But-."

"I'm home." Everyone turned and saw Liz standing in the main hall with four rugged looking men.
Appleprincess
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Dancing along the reality line (Spn, XO, Mature) 2/2/13

Post by Appleprincess »

Chapter 63

The ride to Liz's was spent in silence. Both Sam and Adam had fallen asleep while Dean drove and Liz just stared out the window. Neither spoke, both in their own heads. While Dean tried to figure out what to do next, Liz's mind was stuck on the field. Actually her mind kept on replaying Dean's reaction to the answer Cass had given him.

*Whatever you want to.*

Dean had just stood there, his hold on her slightly tightening while his lips brushed against her temple. What did that mean? Did it mean he wanted to stay with her and the kids? Was it a goodbye? Was he just gonna drop her off once they got to her house? Or did he want to try and do both the family man and hunting thing? What?

Her head pounded with all the unanswered questions her mouth just couldn't ask.

"Um, Liz?" Dean suddenly called, pulling her from her tired thoughts.

"Yeah?"

"Why are there so many cars in your driveway?" Liz sat up and looked out her window.

"I don't know." Her bug was the only car she recognized. Someone must have picked it up after Lucifer kidnapped her but what about the others. Though it was dark out, she could see a truck, a sports car and another smaller car. Who the hell?

"Okay." Dean parked right in front of her house. "Let's go find out." He was the first one out, slamming his door as loud as he could.

Sam was the first to wake up. He jumped, his hair a mess and drool down his chin. He looked...Liz smiled, ridiculous and completely like her best friend. Adam was more subtle than him. He blinked a few times before sitting up and turning to her. No messy hair. No nasty drool.

"We're here?" He asked.

"Yep." She told her before she got out of the impala. "We are finally here."

As Bobby parked behind them and Sam went to help Dean collect whatever it was they needed, Liz walked up the brick walk way, up the three steps and onto her wrap around porch. Though she had changed most of the inside, she had kept the outside pretty much the same. She even repainted the ugly yellow on both the front door and the shutters.

Home sweet home.

Realizing that she didn't have her keys on her, Liz walked over to the swing that sat next to the window of the dining room. There, she slid her hand along the bottom of the swing until she found her spare keys. Her father had done the same in the other reality and when he passed, her mother continued to leave them there. It was just one of the things both she and her mother did to remember her father.

Wiping away a fallen tear, Liz walked back to the front door just as the guys got there.

"Find what you needed?" Dean asked and she nodded.

"Yep." Then she opened the front door and walked in, right into the middle of an argument.

"What the hell is this?" Isabel suddenly snapped taking Liz by surprise.

"What?" Serena and Alex asked in union.

"This. The small touches, the silent talk, the disappearing together! A month ago, you two barely knew each other and now you have this...this unbelievably deep connection that anyone would be blind not to see." Liz quickly looked at her two friends to see if she could see what Isabel obviously saw.

There was this...noticeable body language between the two but it was more friendly than romantic. Alex and Serena looked a lot like him and Ava look whenever they were next together. Comfortable enough to be in each others personal space but not so close that it's deemed inappropriate. There was...nothing going on between the two. Hopefully.

"Isabel, nothing is going on between Serena and I." Alex told Isabel and Liz knew he was telling the truth. "I swear."

"Yeah. We're just friends." Serena said and Liz knew she had to save them.

"But-."

"I'm home." Everyone turned and Liz waved awkwardly at the room.

When Liz got off the phone with Serena, in her mind, her home coming was suppose to be much different. She had knew Serena would be waiting with Alex (because Ava had to stay with the kids). He'd be drinking a beer, Serena, a glass of wine and on her coffee table would be a bottle of whiskey waiting just for her. She'd introduce the guys to them and then they'd talk about what had happened the week she was gone while the guys got comfortable.

Instead, she got was...

"Liz!" Max was suddenly in front of her, hugging the life out of her. "Thank God you're okay." She took a quick look around the room before patting him on the back.

"Yeah. I am." She gently pushed away from him and took a step back. "Um, what are you doing here?"

"Maria and I came as soon as I was better." He told her sparing Maria a quick look. "I wasn't just gonna stay in Roswell with you in trouble. You need me, Liz."

"Need you?" Dean asked sarcastically. "Why would she need you?"

Max looked at him. "Not that it's any of your business but we use to date."

"So?"

"So?" Max repeated. "Liz and I are soul mates." He turned back to Liz and tucked a strand of hair that had fallen loose from her ponytail, behind her ear. "We belong together, Liz. You know it. I know it. Hell, everyone in town knows it. So why don't you stop looking for a husband who is probably dead and just come and be with me?"

Dean chuckled. "Is this guy serious?"

"Max, we don't belong together." Liz told him. "I don't think we ever did."

"But-."

"No buts, Max. We don't belong together. I don't-." She ran her hand across her face. "I don't know how else to get that point across."

"So you're just gonna keep looking for a husband who may not even want you?" Max snapped.

Liz shook her head. "I stopped looking for my husband, Max."

"You did?"

"Yeah I did but-."

"No buts Liz. We can finally be together."

"Dude seriously?" Sam questioned and Serena burst out laughing, making everyone turn to her.

"Sorry. I was just...forget it." She waved her hand. "Go on." Liz bit her lip as she turned back to Max.

"Max, I did stop looking," He tried to say something but she stopped him by putting both of her hands up. "But not because I wanted to be with you." She took a step back and grabbed Dean's hand. "But because I found him. Max, guys, this is Dean Winchester. My husband."

Silence filled the room as Isabel, Max, Michael and Maria just stared at them. Serena, Alex and Ava on the other hand walked over to the five.

"Heya Sammy." Serena greeted with a huge smile. Then she looked at Dean. "Stud."

Liz rolled her eyes. "Serena."

"What? I always call him that."

"Hey. I have no problem being called stud." Dean said with a smirk.

"You wouldn't." Bobby laughed.

"You must be Bobby, the daddy who stepped in while John..." Serena looked at the others. "Did his "job"." The guys shared a look. "What? Liz tells me everything."

"We just thought that..."

"That I was still in the other reality going on with my life?" Serena finished for Sam. "No. Liz has been my best friend since we were 15. If she really wanted to leave Dean, she would have came to me."

Bobby grabbed her hand and shook it. "Nice to meet you Serena."

"Dito." She said before looking at Adam. "Another Winchester?" Both Sam and Dean nodded. "Nice."

"Guys, this is Alex and Ava." Liz quickly interrupted her. "Alex and Ava, this is Bobby, Sam and Adam."

"It's-."

"What?!" Max suddenly thundered. "He's what?"

"Talk about being late to the party." Serena whispered as she grabbed Liz's hand.

"How the hell is that even possible? You said that he was dead! That you saw him die!" He yelled.

"I did and trust me I wasn't looking for him. I was looking for him." She and Serena pointed to Sam with their joined hands.

"You were?" Sam asked with a smirk on his face. "Why?"

"I had a vision of how bad you were doing after..." She took a quick look at Dean before looking back at Sam. "Well, you know."

"You had a vision?" He asked and Liz nodded. "Of what?"

"So not the time, Sam." Dean grumbled as he took a step in front of Liz.

"Who the hell is he?" Max snapped as he stupidly took a step forward.

"Calm down Maxwell." Michael told him as he too moved forward.

"Why should he? He came here for her and she does something like this." Maria argued as she pushed Michael.

"I'm sorry, what? What did I do Maria? I mean, other than coming home. I didn't know you guys were gonna be here but even if I did, so what? This is my house and they are family. My family."

"Your family?" She repeated. "Funny because we use to be "family"."

"And you threw it away. For him." Liz snapped as she pointed at Max.

"So what? You went and found four more guys to fuck?" Max bellowed.

"Whoa!" Both Sam and Dean went to move forward but Liz grabbed Dean by the arm while Serena blocked Sam.

"That's my sister in law, you asshole." Sam snapped.

"And my wife." Dean finished. "So watch it."

"Why should I?" Max snapped back as he tried to get into Dean's face.

"Let's not." Liz said moving between the two. "Max, there is no reason for you to be here. Please go." She tried to push him away but he was too strong and didn't budge. "Max?"

"Max?" Michael grabbed Max by the arm. "Don't do this."

"Yeah Max." Dean repeated. "Listen to your friend."

Max nodded slowly and turned to Michael. "Or, I could not and do this." He swung at Dean, missing him completely.

"Seriously?" Liz snapped as Dean looked at her. "Yeah." She nodded and Dean smirked.

"It's like this." The punch was expected and Max hit the ground with a low thud.

"Hot damn." Kyle shot up from his seat as he clapped his hands together. "Wow. That was..." He shook his head as he chuckled. Then he grabbed Dean's hand and shook it. "Amazing. I'm Kyle, Kyle Valenti and you, you are now my hero."
Appleprincess
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Dancing along the reality line (Spn, XO, Mature) 2/10/13

Post by Appleprincess »

So sorry for the wait...writer's block sucks
Thanks for the love n here's the next part

Chapter 64

"So that was..." Alex looked into the house then back at Liz. After Dean knocked Max to the ground and Kyle had basically glorified him, Kyle and Michael had carried Max out to the cars while Isabel and Maria followed silently behind them. "Interesting."

Liz smirked. "Nice way of putting it." She shook her head as she put her hands into the pockets of her jacket. "Sorry. About that."

"Don't be. He had it coming." Alex put his hands in his pants pockets and shrugged his shoulders. "Dean just got to him first." Liz bit her lower lip as she nodded her head. "Stop."

"What?"

"I know you Liz. Max was wrong. He was wrong to come, he was wrong to stay and he was wrong to say everything he said."

"I know that. I do." Alex gave her a look. "But-."

"No buts Liz. Sure he's had a shitty week but so have you. In fact, you've been having a shitty couple of weeks if not months. No?" Liz opened her mouth to say something but was interrupted.

"Yeah you have." Both turned and saw Ava standing by the opened door. "Sorry to just butt in but as a sister and best friend, I think I have the right to do so." She walked over to the pair and pulled Liz into a side hug. "You are not at fault Lizzie. King asshole and hurricane Deluca are."

"You see? Even Ava agrees with me." Alex said with a smile as he too wrapped his arm around Liz.

She smiled as she closed her eyes and soaked in her friends' love. "I'm so happy I have you two in my life." Then she smiled when she heard Serena yell something. "Her too."

"Yeah." Alex and Ava laughed at the same time as they let Liz go.

"We have to get going." Ava pulled Liz back into another hug. "Call me. Please." Then she was gone, leaving Liz and Alex alone again.

"I guess..." Liz tucked her hair behind her ear as someone honked the horn to one of the cars. "You have to go?"

Alex chuckled. "Yeah. I guess." He gave her a quick kiss on the top of her head before walking towards the cars. "Hey Parker?" He suddenly yelled as he stood in his opened door.

"Yeah?"

"You wanna try and stay out of trouble?" He joked. "Please." Liz laughed.

"I'll try."

"Good." Then he got into his car and they drove off.

"So this is your room Sam." Serena opened the first door passed the staircase. "My room is right above it and I promise to be as quiet as I can." Sam gave her a confused look as she walked by him and to the door a few feet from his. "This is Adam's room."

"I have a room?"

"It's a guest room for now but just say the word and it's yours." She said with a smile.

"Can you really just give him the room?" Bobby asked from his spot next to Sam.

"Yep."

"How?"

"Because I'm not giving it to him. Liz is."

"Why?"

"Family means everything to her." The tall blond moved over to the last closed door that was across from Adam's and next to a full bathroom. "And this one is yours Bobby."

"What? No quip for me?"

She smiled. "Mattie's room is up there. He's just learning to walk. I think you're good." Then she started walking away. "For now."

"That girl is something else." Bobby said with a smirk as he walked into his temporary room.

"Yeah." Sam's eyes followed her until she disappeared. "She is."

Dean sat on the couch in the livingroom with a beer in one hand and his head in the other. All his life, there were only a handful things that could really piss him off. Something happening to his car, Sam and/or his gun. Though none of those things were threatened, he still had felt his blood boil over whenever that Max guy opened his mouth.

~"Maria and I came as soon as I was better. I wasn't just gonna stay in Roswell with you in trouble. I knew that you would need me, Liz."~

Why the fuck would she need him?

~"Liz and I are soul mates. We belong together, Liz. You know it. I know it. Hell, everyone in this room knows it. So why don't you stop looking for a husband who is probably dead and just come and be with me?"~

Dean shook his head as he took a swig of the beer. Soul mates. He had never believed in that bullshit before. It was the same as destiny. Pure bullshit.

~"Max, we don't belong together. I don't think we ever did."~

Pride and something else swelled inside of him when she told Max that. Happiness? Love? He didn't know what it was but once again, he liked the sound of calling her his wife.

~"So you're just gonna keep looking for a husband who may not even want you?"~

That question had caught him off guard. Did he want Liz? Hell yeah he did. She was sexy, smart and kept him on his toes. But did he want to spend the rest of his life with her? That was the question that had plagued him the moment he found out about her and the kids.

"Penny for your thoughts." Someone asked and a second later, Liz was sitting on the coffee table in front of him.

Dean stared at Liz for a moment. She had pulled her hair from the ponytail so it sat around her shoulders and down her back in molasses waves. The pink of her lips stirred something deep inside of him. The way they slowly moved as she spoke.

"Dean?"

"You are just so fucking beautiful." He suddenly heard himself say. Liz sat back a bit shocked with a small smile on her lips.

"Thanks." She reached over and felt his forehead. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah." He shook her hand off. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"I don't know. You seem a bit...off?"

"Do I?"

"Um, yeah." His hand rose in front of him and gently tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear. "Dean, I-." But he didn't let her finish. Instead, he used the same hand that tucked her hair back to pull her close and crash their lips together.

Because he had caught her with her mouth opened, Dean was able to taste the woman he only had a few minutes with before. She tasted like strawberries and sugar cookies which was impossible seeing how she hadn't eaten either one in a week. Maybe two but Dean liked it. It seemed fitting.

Not wanting to break the spell they both were obviously under, Dean easily pulled Liz's tiny form onto his lap. She fit perfectly. Weird how no one, not even Cassie, his only known love, fit against him but some girl who he'd never met until almost a year ago did.

"We can't." Liz suddenly said pulling away.

"Yes we can." Dean mumbled as he tried to pull her back but she resisted.

"No. We can't." Then a small smile spread across her lips. "My bed is much more comfortable."

His heart swelled a little as she slowly rose from his lap, grabbed a bottle of whiskey he hadn't even noticed and swayed to the livingroom entrance.

"I bet it is."
Appleprincess
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Dancing along the reality line (Spn, xo, Mature) 2/26/13

Post by Appleprincess »

Chapter 65

Sunlight spilled into Liz's room and slowly made its way onto her bed and soon onto her face. Blinking her eyes open, the first thing she noticed was that she was naked. The second thing she noticed, she wasn't alone. A heavy arm pinned her to the bed while holding her close to a warm body. Turning over as quietly and as slowly as she could, Liz came face to face with Dean.

Dean.

He looked so peaceful when he slept. A trait he and the other Dean shared. They both seemed to hold the weight of the world on their shoulders. For that Dean, it was her and Bella who were his world. For this Dean, it actually was the whole world that rested on his shoulders.

Shaking her head, Liz gently pushed the small hair that had fallen on his face away and was assaulted with a flash.

~Her eyes are closed while she rides him, their position chest to chest. Dean's lips are bruising their way from her neck to her lips and all Liz can hear is the pounding of their hearts.~

"Liz, are you okay?" Liz opened her eyes and saw Dean staring at her, a look of confusion and panic on his face. "Liz?!"

"Yeah, Dean." She blinked her eyes a couple of times. "I'm...I'm okay."

"Did you see something?" He asked. "Cause I know you just had a vision." Liz could feel her cheeks burn. "What?"

"It was nothing." She told him, all the while the image burned itself into her memory. "I promise."

Dean tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "Are you sure?" Liz nodded.

"Yeah I'm sure."

"Okay." He pressed his lips into hers and when he froze, Liz knew he saw what she did. "Nice." Dean rolled Liz onto her back before fixing himself between her legs. "I knew you saw something."

The blush spread. "I'm guessing you saw it too?"

"You guessed right." Dean smirked as he started peppering kisses on her shoulders and chest. "And what a vision?" He slowly moved up her chest and to her neck. All the while, making her blood boil.

"Oh Dean." She moaned low.

"I love the way you say my name." He whispered into her ear before biting on it. Liz shuddered.

"Liz?" A knocking sounded through the room, breaking the pair out of their heated moment.

"Yeah?"

"Is Dean in there?" Sam asked and if it was possible, Liz turned even redder than before.

"Um," She looked at him who simply smirked before going back to what he had been before they were interrupted. His hands caressed and squeezed their way down her body.

"Answer him Liz." Dean whispered and before she could say anything, his mouth was on her most intimate part.

"Oh God."

"Liz?"

"Um, Sam..." Liz bit her lower lip as Dean's drew small circles around her clit. "Oh God. Um, he's...he's..." Then his tongue flicked it and Liz's back bowed. "Oh shit." She whispered. "We'll be down in a half an hour." She rushed out just before she saw stars.

"Half an hour?" Sam asked himself confused but then he heard Liz yell and he groaned. "Ewe." He turned and started walking away only to bump into Serena who was just coming out of the shower.

"Hey Sam."

"Hey." She wore a gray towel around her body but Sam could clearly see the small droplets of water that slowly made their way down her flawless skin.

"You looking for Liz and Dean?" She asked. She was towel drying her hair with this big yellow towel and for some reason, Sam couldn't look away. "You okay?" Sure he’s seen beautiful women before. Hell, he's BEEN with beautiful women before. "Sam?" A lot of beautiful women. But there was just something about Serena. Something that held his attention. "Sam?!" Just like Jessica did. "Dude, you're freaking me out."

Sam shook his head when he heard Serena snapping her fingers in front of his face. "I'm sorry. What?"

"Dude!" She pulled him into a hug and Sam could feel everything. The softness of her breast. The heat from her body. Everything. "You scared the crap out of me." She said pulling away from him.

"Sorry. I just..."

"You were thinking about Jessica, weren't you?" She asked as she took a step back.

"What?"

"It's okay." She smiled at him. "I'm just gonna go and throw something on. Okay?" He nodded. "Okay." She walked by him and all Sam could smell was jasmine and a hint of...sugar cookies? Weird.

He shook his head. All of this was weird. He waved at Serena when she stopped at her door and looked at him. Then she disappeared into her room and the door closed behind her.

"I think I'm gonna stay here." Adam said as Sam walked into the livingroom.

"Really?" Sam asked as he dropped onto the couch.

"Yeah." Adam was standing by what looked like a wall unit but was really just a library of books. Liz had so many books on so many things. He looked at one about dreams and then another about science. Why did she have so many books and why were they all so different? He put both books back and looked at Sam who was watching him. Waiting for him to finish. "Liz seems like a really cool chick."

Sam smiled. "She is." Then his smile grew. "And so are the kids."

"Kids?" Adam asked as he walked over to Sam. "She has kids?"

"Yeah. She does."

"Does Dean know?" Sam smirked.

"Their his."

"Whoa." Adam dropped onto the couch. "I so did not see that coming."

"Well they are, soon." Serena said as she walked into the room and both Adam and Sam were hypnotised. She wore these high waisted black shorts that were a bit loose on her with this tight satin blue top and black suspenders. Her hair was messy and fell loose around her shoulders. Damn. She looked good. "Coming that is." She smiled as she dropped down next to Adam and grabbed the remote. "You guys mind if I watch some Tv before Liz comes down stairs to make breakfast?"

"Nope." They said in union.

"Okay." She smiled at them before turning on the Tv and looking for something to watch.

The shower was for not because all they did was get dirty. Dean had taken her on the sink, the toilet and then against the wall in the tub. Damn that man had stamina.

"You look so good." Liz heard Dean say and a second later, his arms were wrapped around her waist and he was kissing the nook between her neck and shoulder.

"And you are insatiable." She told him even as her arm rose to hold his head in place.

"For you," He whispered against her skin. "Always." But then he kissed her one last time and took a step back. "I don't think I can get enough of you."

Liz smiled at him through the mirror. "Dido."

"Good." He slapped her on her ass and she felt it through the jean shorts she wore.

"Ow."

"Let's go. I'm hungry."

"That stung." Liz whined as she rubbed her but and followed him out at the same time.
Appleprincess
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Dancing along the reality line (Spn, xo, Mature) 3/7/13

Post by Appleprincess »

Chapter 66

Walking down the stairs, hand in hand, Liz and Dean were all smiles. When they reached the landing, they shared a brief kiss before splitting up. Liz went into the kitchen to start breakfast while Dean walked into the livingroom.

"Finally." Serena huffed but she was smiling so Dean knew she wasn't mad. "I thought you two would never come down."

"I'm a growing boy. I needed some food." He said as he patted his flat stomach. "And she needs to get her legs under her."

Serena shook her head as she stood up. "Okay. That was just...ewe." Then she left the room.

"That's not what Liz said." Dean smirked as he took Serena's empty seat.

"Dean." Sam groaned, his bitch face now front and center. "So not cool."

"Whatever." He grabbed the remote and changed the channel.

The first thing Liz did when she walked into the kitchen was turn on her Ipod. The music would help her to focus more on her cooking than on what she really wanted to be doing. Jumping Dean's bones. Plus it'll mask the talk she knew she was about to have with her best friend.

As if like clockwork, Serena was standing by the kitchen doorway, her hands on her hips.

"Glow works for you." She said with a smile. Smirking, Liz went into the frig and grabbed the eggs, bacon and oatmeal mix for Sam. "So, how was it?"

"If I say better than the other Dean, would that make me a bitch?"

"What?!" Serena bounced into the room and stopped in front of the island. "It was better than your first love's?" She shook her head while Liz just smiled. "That's so not fair."

"Not my fault I was blessed to have the same guy in two different realities." Liz laughed but then stopped when she saw the serious look pass across her friend's face. "No go with Sam?"

Serena shook her head. "Nope. He's still in love with Jessica Moore." The way she said Jesse's name made Liz stop scrambling the eggs.

"I'm sure he's not." Serena gave her a pointed look. "Maybe it's because of your blond hair. Sam always did say that it sometimes reminded him of Jess in the other reality." Liz motioned with her hands. "And that's not exactly a good thing in this reality."

"Why? He doesn't date blondes anymore?" Liz shook her head. "Why not?" Then a second later, Liz could see that Serena remembered why. "Because of what happened TO Jess." The blond deflated. "Damn. I completely forgot about that." She dropped onto one of the stools in front of the island and put her head in her hand. "So...what should I do? I'm still into Sam, our reality or not but I won't do what I did there either. I won't wait faithfully and stupidly, I might add, for him to notice me. To want me."

"Is that why it never worked out with that Dan guy you met in New York?" Liz asked as she laid the bacon down in single strips on her double burner pan.

"Yep." Serena nodded. "I was just too in love with Sam to even try and make something of mine and Dan's relationship." She rolled her eyes as she pushed herself up. "So what should I do Liz?"

"You..." Liz took a deep breath before going on. "You have to be more assertive this time Serena and you can't be scared. You and Sam broke up not because you two didn't love each other but because you were afraid you two wouldn't last in a long distance relationship. Which was completely insane seeing how you both came home any change either of you had but I digress."

"Yeah well, it was pretty obvious that he didn't love me like I did him seeing how he got over me so quick." Serena snatched a fully cooked piece of bacon off the plate Liz had just added a whole bunch to. "I mean, he brought Jess home thanksgiving break, the first real break from school."

Liz shook her head as she turned off the double burner and turned on the single burner for the eggs. "I don't wanna play devil's advocate but you didn't see him after you broke up. He was...devastated seems to small of a word and heartbroken is even worst. Sam just wasn't Sam." She poured some of the egg mix into the pan that was buttered and ready for cooking.

"So?"

"So, I think he just brought Jess home because he knew it was gonna hurt you."

"Yeah, sure and what about after that?"

"Well, after that, of course he fell in love with her. Sam would only wanna hurt you for so long and eight years is a long time." Liz spared Serena a look before scrapping the finished puffy yellow eggs out of the pan. Perfect. She scooped out some more butter, dropped it into the pan and listened to it sizzle as it melted. "Especially since he married her in the end."

"Yeah. Yeah. Yeah." Serena snatched another piece of bacon and ate it. "So what should I do?"

"Nothing."

"Huh?"

"If you two are meant to be, then you will be." As she finished the eggs up. "Breakfast is ready!"

"That was..." Dean licked his fingers clean. "Amazing. I knew you could cook but I didn't know you could cook like that."

"It was just breakfast but thank you." Liz told him.

"No, it really was great Liz. I haven't eaten something this good in a long time." Adam said.

A blush tinted Liz's cheeks. "Thanks." She got up and started cleaning.

"You don't have to do that." Sam said as he got up to help.

"I know I just...I feel like I have ants in my pants when I'm not with the kids." She smiled at Sam who just kept on cleaning.

"Maybe we should all discuss what's gonna happen from here on out." Bobby stated.

"But aren't the angels gone?" Adam asked. "That's what Cass said."

"Yeah they are but there are still demons out there. Witches, ghosts, ghouls." He spared Adam a look when the kid shrunk a bit. "Sorry. But there are a whole mess of monsters out there."

"So what do you need to know?" Serena asked.

"Who's coming and who's staying?"

"Seeing how I'm not even in this, I'll just go and wash the dishes." Serena grabbed the remaining plates and went straight for the kitchen sink.

"Well if it's alright with you Liz, I would like to stay here with you." Adam said looking right at her.

"That's fine with me. The room you're in is yours so stay as long as you want." She handed a few more dishes to Serena who was making believe she wasn't listening in on their conversation. "I can even help you get a job."

"Really?" Adam looked from Dean to Sam and then to Liz.

"Yeah." She laughed. "What are you good at?"

"I'm good with my hands. I don't suck with cars and I um..." He snapped his fingers a few times. "I'm good in a bar."

Liz nodded her head. "Well Donny is looking for a mechanic right now." When Dean's head snap to her, she had to bite back a smile. "Ms. Mary is looking for someone to help out in the library with reseach." Sam turned to her. "And I know Jack needs a handiman. Plus I'm always looking for help." She walked out of the kitchen.

"You need help?" Dean asked her as he followed her into the bathroom.

"I always need help."

"With what?"

"Stuff." Liz said with a shrug of her shoulders. "I need a baby sitter, for one. Serena's not one to stay home and I think my old baby sitter went on vacation or something."

"Okay. What else?"

Liz shook her head as she washed her hands. "The house needs repairs."

"Like?"

"I don't know. The toilets back up. I'd like a fence put in. Maybe redo the backyard." She dried her hands on a small rag. "I don't know."

"I can do those things."

"I know you can but I didn't want to ask you."

"Why not?" He asked as he pushed her up against the bathroom door. "Do you want me to leave?"

"Of course I don't." Liz whispered as she wrapped her arms around his neck. "I'd like nothing more than for you to stay here with me and the kids but the decision is yours."

Dean pressed his lips into hers, softly. "I wish I could do both."

"You can." She whispered into his ear. "You can do both if you want to." Dean looked at her. "I'm not stupid Dean. You were made for the hunt. Born and bred but that doesn't mean you can't have someplace to call home."

"Guys?" There was a slight knock on the door. "Liz's parents are here with the kids."

Liz smiled at Dean as he took a deep breath in. "You ready to meet my parents?"

"If I say no, will you hold it against me?"

"Funny."
Appleprincess
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Dancing along the reality line (Spn, xo, M) Ch. 66 3/22/

Post by Appleprincess »

Chapter 67

When they first walked into the livingroom, both Liz and Dean noticed how uncomfortable her parents were. They sat on the couch watching Sam as he played with Bella while Serena played with Mattie. Bobby and Adam were no where to be found and the only thing that could be heard was the laughter of their children.

"Mom. Dad. Hey!" Liz let go of Dean's hand and went right into her father's arms. "How are you?"

"Us?" Her father huffed. "How are you? Max came bursting into the apartment saying that you were kidnapped. Then you weren't answering any of our calls and Serena just kept telling us that everything was okay and not to worry."

Liz took a step back. "And you didn't because I'm fine. See. I just...I found Sam and Dean."

"Wait. Dean? As in your husband, Dean?" Her mom asked and Liz nodded. "I thought he was dead."

"And so did I but...I was wrong." She let go of her father, grabbed Dean by the hand and led him to her parents. "Mom. Dad. This is Dean Winchester." She told them slowly. "My husband."

Silence filled the room as her parents stared at her and Dean. Her mom looked like a fish out of water while her father just looked mad.

"Mr. & Mrs. Parker. It's so nice to finally meet you." Dean greeted as he stuck out his other hand but neither Parker reached for it.

"Why would you let this...this, boy back into your life after he abandoned you and your children?" Her father yelled and Dean dropped his hand.

"Dad, don't."

"I'm just gonna bring these two upstairs." Serena said as she picked Mattie up. "Come on Bella. Let's go play upstairs."

"Okay." Bella kissed Sam on the cheek. "Love you uncle Sammy." Then she, Serena and Mattie disappeared upstairs.

"Don't what, Lizzie? He faked his own death, leaving you alone with a toddler and another on the way. And for what? What possible explanation could he have given you that would be good enough to let him back in?"

"Dad, please, you don't understand."

"You sure as hell I don't. I thought we raised you better than this Lizzie." Her father held her by her shoulders. "No man is worth all the pain and hardship you have gone through. Especially not this one."

"You're right." Dean suddenly said.

"Excuse me?" Her dad demanded, instantly letting Liz go.

Dean gave Liz a quick look before looking back at her father. "You are completely right, sir. No excuse will ever be good enough for me faking my death. I just..." He ran his hand over his face. "I just thought that she and Bella would be safer if I was gone. Had I known about Mattie, I would have done things differently and I'm so sorry."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean-."

"Don't say another word, Dean." Everyone turned towards the voice and saw Cass as he stepped out of the shadows.

"How did you-?" Her mother started but was quickly cut off.

"That is of no concern." Cass raised both of his hands and touched both of Liz's parents' foreheads. A small light glowed before both fell to the ground.

"What the hell, Cass?" Liz snapped as she dropped down next to her mom. "What did you do?"

"I'm helping you."

"By what? Giving my parents concussions?"

"I erased all knowledge of Dean's death and in return gave them false memories."

"Of what?" Sam asked. He was kneeling next to Liz's dad making sure the older man had a pulse.

"You and Dean of course." Then Cass waved his hand along the pictures around the room and instantly, both Sam and Dean appeared in them. "I made it so that they know of you two."

"So what, when they wake up, everything is gonna be okay?" Dean questioned.

"No. You will in fact be meeting them for the first time. The reason being that you and Sam were never here to meet them. They know you and Liz are married and know of the friendship between Liz and Sam but have not had the pleasure of meeting either of you."

"What do we do now then?"

"Wait." Then he was gone.

Dean went straight for Bobby's room and knocked.

"Come in." He opened the door and saw Bobby packing his things.

"What are you doing?"

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm packing my stuff, you idjit."

"I know but why?" Dean asked moving more into the room.

"I got things to do and it ain't gonna happen if I'm still here playing house with you and Liz."

"But Bobby-?"

"No buts Dean. I'm leaving." He zipped up his bag and tossed it over his shoulder. "Sorry son." He walked out of his room and right out of the house.

"What the-? Where is he going?" Liz asked Dean as he went to the front door. "Dean?" But instead of answering her, he just followed after his pseudo father. He watched as he tossed his bag into the back seat before turning to him.

"Well, this is where I say goodbye." Bobby said as he stood in front of his truck.

"Are you sure? I mean, Bella and Mattie would love to meet you." Liz told him as she stopped next to Dean but he shook his head.

"That's okay. I'll be back. I just...I have a few things to take care of before I can do as I please." Liz nodded as she wrapped her arms around her waist.

"I'm gonna miss you old man." Dean said as he pulled Bobby into a tight hug. He knew he'd never be able to change Bobby's mind.

"No you're not." He held Dean for a few seconds before letting him go and looked at Sam who was standing behind Liz with his hands in his pockets. "Stop."

"What?" Sam asked looking at him.

"It's over. She saved us all." He answered pointing to Liz who was just standing there looking a bit lost in the sunlight. "Live a good life but don't forget."

"I won't."

"Good. Now come here." Bobby pulled Sam into a quick hug. Then let him go. "You take care of my boys."

"Of course." Liz promised.

Bobby nodded at them before climbing into his truck. "I love you boys." Then he was gone.

When Liz's parents finally woke up, they greeted Sam and Dean with opened arms. There was no yelling. No questions. No tension. Cass really helped them out. Hopefully that'll last.

"So we should get going." Her father said, pulling Liz out of her head.

"Really?" Liz asked moving so that she was sitting next to Dean.

"Yeah. We already stood longer than we were going to." Her father turned to her mother who was playing tea party with Bella, Sam and Serena. "Sweetheart?"

"Oh." Her mom pressed a kiss into Bella's head. "I love you Bella bean but grandma and grandpa have to go."

"I love you." Bella told her before going back to her tea party.

Liz smiled. "Thanks again guys."

"No need to thank us. They're our grandchildren." Her mother ran her hand over Mattie's sleeping form. "We love having them."

"Well thanks anyways." She got up and pulled each parent into a hug. "I love you guys."

"We love you too." Her father whispered before turning to Dean and holding out his hand. "It was nice to finally meet you Dean."

"You too sir." Dean said as he shook it.

"Call me Jeff." Dean nodded.

"Thanks, Jeff." Liz's mom pulled Dean into a hug when he tried to shake her hand.

"We're family." Then she let him go and walked out of the house.

"Bye!" Liz called out before closing the front door.

"So...about that job?" Adam asked as he walked into the livingroom.

"Tomorrow." Liz told him as she went right back to her spot next to Dean. "Right now, let's just have some time to relax.
Appleprincess
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Dancing along the reality line (XO,SPN,MATURE) Ch 67 3/3

Post by Appleprincess »

Epilogue

(3 years later)

Liz stood by the edge of a cliff and looked out at the gorgeous blue ocean just beyond it. It was...unbelievably beautiful. Just the open water and nothing but clear sky. And so peaceful.

"Mama. Mama." So much for that, she thought to herself. Then she turned and watched as Bella and Mattie came running towards her.

"Wow mommy. This is so pretty." Bella said as her long light brown flying in wind behind her while her green eyes sparkled with happiness.

"Yes." Liz said with a smile. "Yes, it is."

"Do you think daddy will like it?" Liz looked down at her 6 year old and shook her head. She really was too smart for her own good.

"I don't know." She pulled out her cell phone. "Let's send him a picture and find out."

"Yay." Both of them yelled, clapping their hands.

Dean's machete sliced right through the vampire's neck like a knife through butter. As his body dropped to the floor like a sack of potatoes, his head rolled to the other side of the building.

"Please tell me that's the last one?" Sam asked as he walked over to Dean. He had blood spatter all over his shirt and some even on his pants.

"Yeah." He answered as he wiped the blood from his face. "That was the last one."

"Good. Serena's been calling like crazy and hates it when I don't answer." The younger Winchester pulled out his phone and quickly called his girlfriend while the other, collected their things.

"Don't help me." Dean mumbled. "It's not like you didn't bring half this crap down here."

"Dude? Are you talking to yourself?" Sam asked with a laugh.

"No."

"You so are." He laughed a little harder.

"Shut it bitch."

"Whatever. Jerk." They quickly poured gasoline everywhere and then set it on fire, making sure they were a good distance away from the farmhouse. "So?"

"So what?"

"So where do we go from here?" Sam questioned as they got back into the impala and drove back to their motel room.

"The motel. We bathe, sleep and then tomorrow we go home."

"Fine."

Sam jumped into the shower first, pissing Dean off. He didn't know why he was so mad. Usually after a hunt, whatever stress he had been under would go away. But that had been when they were barely hunting. He and Sam had been away from home for like 3 months now.

3 months.

Dean ran his hand over his face. He missed his kids. He missed Bella's constant talking. He missed Mattie's mudpies. Hell, he even missed messy bath time. But what he missed most was Liz. He missed her smile. Her scent. Her cooking. And boy, did he miss the sex.

He'd been with dozens of women. Dozens. Hell, he had even been with an angel and yet, none of them compared to Liz. None of them even came close. He didn't know if it was because of the alien crap or what but he did know one thing. He was ruined. Liz had ruined him for anyone else.

A buzzing pulled him from his thoughts. His phone. Standing up, Dean went over to the dresser and opened the phone. A picture of Liz and the kids appeared on the screen and he couldn't stop the smile that spread across his lips. His family.

Wait. The text had a message.

You like.

Dean looked up just as Sam came out of the bathroom. "You know anything about this?"

"What?" Sam took the phone from him and smirked. "She got it. Good for her."

"Got what?" Dean questioned as he snatched the phone from Sam.

"Bath first. Sleep after. Then I'll show you."

16 hours later, the Winchesters stood in front of a four story Victorian house. The entire place was painted blue with white windows and doors. A white picked fence surrounded the house while another iron like fence surrounded the property. A property that was surprisingly big

"Dude, where the hell-?" The front door opened and two bundles of energy came running out.

"Daddy!" They both yelled just before he scooped them up

"Hey." He said as he kissed them both. "What are you two doing here?"

"We live here daddy." Bella told him. "Duh." Then she wiggled out of his arms and ran to Sam who snatched her up into his arms.

"Trader." He mumbled as he headed into the house. An L-shaped hallway greeted them as well as a set of stairs that went god knows where. What the hell? "Liz?"

"In the kitchen." She called out but he didn't know where her voice came from. To his right was a empty room that had book shelves along the walls and boxes that sat in the middle of the room. In front of him was an empty hallway and he could clearly see into another room that was also empty.

"You wanna be more specific." He asked, his tone a bit sarcastic cause this was ridiculous. Why did she have to move? And to some isle off of New England?

He waited a few and was about to call out again when Liz appeared in the room to his left. It was huge and would probably be the livingroom if the boxes were any indication.

"This way." She said through a tight smile. Then she turned and walked away. But not before Dean noticed something different.

"Um, Sammy. Why don't you play with the kids while I talk to Liz?" Not needing to be told twice, Sam grabbed Mattie and went outside. "Liz?"

"What?" She asked as he walked into the kitchen.

It was the only room that looked like a real room. The dishes were all put away, the pots she wasn't using were hanging on the wall. It was all very...Dean shook his head and looked at his wife.

She stood in front of the stove, her back to him in a blue dress that fell mid thigh. Her hair was pulled back into a ponytail and he could see that the blond streaks she just had to have were fading. But that wasn't what caught his eye. No. What caught his eye was whenever she'd turn to the side.

"Liz? Are you-?" She stopped what she was doing and turned to him, a tiny smile on her face. "Are we-?"

"Pregnant?" She finished for him. "Yeah." Her tiny hands covered the baby bump that was already showing.

"Since when?"

"Five months ago. Just before that shtringa tried to come for the kids." Dean slowly made his way over to his wife and placed his hand on her belly. Nothing happened at first but then he felt it. A small bump.

"Whoa."

"Welcome home, daddy." Liz whispered into his ear before pulling him into a passion filled kiss.

Dean sat at the head of the table and watched as his family had dinner. Bella sat on the other side of the table, rambling on to her grandpa Bobby while Mattie and Adam devoured their dinners right next to them. A very pregnant Serena sat to the left of Dean and he couldn't stop himself from laughing as his little brother doted on her.

Then there was his wife.

His wife. Not the other reality Dean. His. They had made it official two years ago in a small ceremony where her dad gave her away. Something she had always wanted but hadn't gotten the first time around. Now here she was, sitting to his right, her tiny hand over the bump they had created.

Maybe it would be another girl. Except she'd have Liz's eyes and lips with his hair and smile. Or another boy. Dean wiped his lips. This was never how he planned his life. Hell, he hadn't even had a plan for his life. It had always been look after Sammy and don't die.

But now.

Liz squeezed his hand before turning back to Serena who was telling them some story about her new job. This was perfect. This was...home.

The End!