Regent (UC,M/L,K/L,ADULT) complete, 4/7/2012

All finished stories from the Unconventional Couples board, the Crossover board, and the Alien Abyss boards will eventually be moved here. See those forums for descriptions.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, Erina, Forum Moderators

ken_r
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Regent, M/L & K/L adult, AU/aliens pg 3, Ch12, 12/18/11

Post by ken_r »

begonia 9508
keepsmiling7

Chapter 13

Max and party were now back at Liz’s house. It was thought of as belonging to Liz because she was the only one not supplanted. Max and Kyle would move out, but Liz would remain.

Jimmy was with Laurie. “I know that I have to have you back by mid-night, but I really hate to go home,” he told her.

“What is the problem, Jimmy? I thought your family was pretty solid. You never dreaded to go home before,” She quizzed.

“Oh, it’s just thoughts I have had since my brother’s wedding,” he replied.

“Is your step father still there?” I know you always said that your father leaves when he arrives. How does that man run your father out of his own house?” Laurie asked.

“The house is my mother’s. My dad willingly leaves when my stepfather arrives. Dad was at Alex’s wedding, but he didn’t come home with us. Max says he won’t be able to make this trip too many more times. It is too hard on his body. Max will be away on business next week and my dad will return, but Max will be back again in a week or so and dad will be out of here. Don’t ask too many questions. It is very complicated,” Jimmy tried to explain. As he grew up, he was having more and more questions about the arrangement his parents had. Maria Lynn wasn’t old enough to ask questions, yet, but even Jimmy saw that she thought things were strange.

“You still can’t tell me what Max does or where he lives?” Laurie asked.

“No, it is better that you don’t know. Max had enough trouble explaining things to Maya, Alex’s new bride. I don’t think he would be up to explaining again for a while,” Jimmy stated.

Laurie changed the subject. “Have you heard anything from Alex and his wife? Are they having adventures or are they housed in some hotel somewhere only getting up to answer room service?” she asked.

“Oh, I had an email from him. They lived together for several months so they don’t need time to get to know each other. Alex says they have been exploring trails in the rain forest. They both have biology training so they are having a ball with all the new species. They haven’t found Big Foot yet, but they are looking,” Jimmy stated.

“Are just the two of them going off alone or are they in a group?” Laurie asked.

They are alone, but I imagine Max sent a good security group with them. The security who work for Max are very good. Unless you know who to look for, they are not easy to spot,” Jimmy said.

Laurie looked around, “Are they with us, now?” she asked.

Jimmy shrugged, “Probably, Max wouldn’t want Liz to get upset having something happening to her second son. Max has some sort of agreement with dad that I receive protection for some time. I am not sure for how long,” he explained.

When Jimmy left Laurie watched for several minutes to see if he was followed by anyone. She couldn’t see a thing.

-----------------------------

Max and Liz were lying in the king’s bed. Their bodies were hot sweaty and sticky. Making love to the king was an energetic activity. “Kyle will be back at the end of the week. I must review several communities of my people who reside here,” Max explained. “Kyle can have you for a little over a week,” he finished.

“Max, do you sometimes regret how you treat, Kyle?” Liz asked.

“Why? I give Kyle more than he could ever earn as a teacher or in any other job he can do,” Max stated.

Liz could tell that Max’s alien side was pushing, probably because he was getting ready to review aliens living in other parts of Earth. “Well then, do you ever regret how you treat me?” she asked.

“What do you mean?” Max asked.

“Kyle can have me. You want me back. I am ordered to grace your bed, but I must be prepared. Max, you treat people like possessions. You did this once to Isabel and she won’t speak to you anymore. I don’t know what the deal is between you and Michael. I do know that neither he nor Maria contact me anymore. Max, even when you are in a human form, you are not the boy I fell in love with. Kyle and I both try to keep our agreement, but sometimes you make it hard,” Liz told him.

“Liz, we fell in love when we were children. I have grown. Earth population hasn’t reached eight billion yet, but the smallest planet I rule is twice that number of souls. As a king, I command and a trillion obey. The pettiness of this planet tries me sometimes,” Max said wearily.

“Yes, and your subjects volunteer to come here and feast on Earth culture. They find themselves in demand when they get home. Doesn’t this tell you something that you have lost and we haven’t,” Liz asked. “What do you do to those who sleep with the regent, or I suppose that is what they do, when you want the regent to leave home and hearth? Do you destroy those women, so they won’t contaminate your world?” Liz finished.

“No, Liz I wouldn’t destroy my subjects without reason. The women are to distract Kyle so he won’t worry that you are in my bed. Yes, they do volunteer and I am told that they are held in high regard as lovers of the regent when they return,” Max said.

“But Kyle still does worry; so do I. When Kyle returns, will I be good enough for his bed after what he has sampled?” Liz questioned.

“Not good enough for his bed.” Max stormed. “Liz, you are the only woman who is allowed another lover after she has slept with the king. Kyle is the only man in the universe who is allowed to share the king’s queen. Sometimes, I can’t understand people of Earth,” Max almost shouted.

Liz calmly answered, “That is because you are using your alien side. The boy I lay in front of while we were in high school, wouldn’t think of sending me to another bed. I brought you your first child. You felt the need to leave and you suggested that I go to Kyle. You made the agreement that you would care for Kyle and any children we had together, in exchange for Kyle taking care of me and your son. At the time, you thought this was the best situation. I went to a boy/man who I had feelings for and you felt that Kyle could be trusted. You were right in both cases. Now, you want to see us as just your servants,” Liz replied crossly.

Max lay there for a long time. He didn’t move. Liz knew that it was dangerous to say what she had done. If Max lost control of his alien side, he could easily kill her. When sanity returned to him he would be devastated and probably destroy himself. Liz didn’t doubt for a minute that Max, the human Max, had infinite love for her. That is why he made the deal. He could have charged her to wait until he returned, he could have given her a divorce and charged her to remarry so his son would have a father. There were many things he could do. Max had been jealous of Kyle when they first started going together. She knew that Kyle had been very jealous of Max. At first, it had seemed like a little thing. Max was going to leave her with a four year old son. He wanted the son cared for. There was no way that a human could endure space travel at this point. Max called upon a boy who had wanted to be Liz’s lover badly. Max was straight out about the situation. He might never come back. He might come back in ten years, but in the mean time, he left provision for Kyle to get his shit together and become a father figure for AlexZander. That was the pact that the three of them had made. Max was seeing now, that all three of them were having trouble with the pact. They didn’t have any solution, but they all three needed to understand each other. Ever since this conversation had started, Max’s loins had been relaxed. Now, Max felt Liz’s fingers along his member and her hands kneading his balls. His royal shaft and his royal balls were being brought back to life by the one person, alien or human, who could bring Max back to his way. He rolled over to feel her body press against him and Liz knew that once again, she had the Max she had known so long ago.
Good teachers are born that way, not made. No! Good human beings, are born that way. Some of them become teachers.

Of course, life is not fair. You shouldn't expect it to be fair, but you should expect it to be ironic.
JKR 1981-2001
History is made of wars, recovering from wars and preparing for the next war.
JJR 1975-
ken_r
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Regent, M/L & K/L adult, AU/aliens pg 3, Ch13, 12/25/11

Post by ken_r »

begonia9508: Kyle can't miss his mistresses too much because Max won't let them back to earth.

keepsmiling7

Chapter 14

Kyle was alone in the back of the sedan as Arnold pulled it before the Roswell house. When he got up early this morning, breakfast and coffee were prepared, but the two women were no where to be seen. He had barely finished his meal when he heard the crunch of the sedan. He took no luggage, he wasn’t sure where they would be next, but he was sure that the girls would have what he needed. In one way, last night had exhausted him. He wasn’t sure of all they did. In another way, the activities of last night or even the whole time he had been away did not lessen his desire for Liz. Kyle had retired from school so he had no worry about fictions the aliens gave him. There were several plaques in the library of Roswell High. Kyle, with the help of the aliens, had brought many programs to the school. This time, all Kyle knew was that the kids were at school and Liz was waiting for him. At least he hoped she was waiting for him. A brief flash through his mind, how did he stack up against the king? Did Max have a prick twelve inches long and could Max keep going for hours? Those ideas were nonsense. Even if the aliens gave their king heroic abilities, when they again placed him in a human body, they limited him to above, but still human abilities. Was that what Liz wanted anyway?

Kyle was led to their bedroom without any delay. The first time Kyle had refused to enter his own bedroom for fear he would be screwing his wife under the same ceiling as used by the king. This was more than Kyle could stand. Liz had assured him that the king had special chambers and as Kyle walked to his own bed, the crisp, clean smell pervaded everything. Kyle dropped his clothes immediately. This was a little different, as usually, he took off every thing except his boxers, pushing them down to be kicked off after an amount of foreplay. Liz was weary from her time with the king, but this was Kyle. This was the second man she dearly loved. They both were tired and when Kaittie gently shook her, Liz saw that Kyle was still dead to the world. “My lady, Kaittie whispered. Do you have time to talk to me?” she asked.

“Of course, Kaittie,” Liz said. “Hand me a robe and we will go into the other room.” Sitting in the small reading area of the bedroom, Liz said, “Kaittie what is on your mind?”

“My Lady,” Kaittie began. This was a lot more formal than normal. “I, have me a mate,” she started.

Liz grasped both of her hands, “That is wonderful, Kaittie!” she exclaimed.

“There might be complications,” Kaittie stated.

“Kaittie, don’t tell me about complications. Look at my life. I am married to a king and I am in love with a regent. Don’t tell me these are not complications,” Liz stated.

“My lady, my mate and I would like to receive permanent assignment on Earth. I am asking you if you would speak to the king for us,” Kaittie said.

“Max has said that if you spend too many years on Earth, you can’t ever go back,” Liz stated.

“Yes, my lady. We know. We have considered that. We will still work for the king if he will have us. Here, we would have a better future,” Kaittie answered.

When Kyle woke up. Liz was shaking him. “Kyle the kids will be home soon. I didn’t think you would want to waste a single minute of time with them,” Liz explained.

Kyle grunted, “No, our time is too short as it is.”

At supper, both Kyle and Liz sensed that Jimmy had something he wanted to say. “Dad, mom,” Jimmy started. “I would like to bring someone by to meet you,” Jimmy said.

It was Maria Lynn who perked up the fastest. “Is it going to be that Laurie, girl?” she asked.

“Yeah, I don’t know how serious this is going to get. She is someone, I want you to meet,” Jimmy replied.

Liz spoke up first. “You need to do this in the next few days. Dad will be leaving in a week or so.”

I will want her to meet Max before he goes back to Antar, but I want her to meet dad first,” Jimmy stated.

They all talked about a time when Laurie could be scheduled and then Jimmy told as much about Laurie as he knew. Kyle with everything in his past believed, he could not tell how much Jimmy was investing himself in this girl. Jimmy had dated many girls, some, Kyle thought were s bit of a strain on the brain. Kyle had heard about Jimmy’s escapades. Kyle had worried that Jimmy would be like him without the safety net of Liz. Again, Liz worried about Maria Lynn. The excitement of one brother married and now, her other brother bringing home that all important girl to meet the family. Maria Lynn was still young. Liz could only hope she waited awhile until she could handle things like that better. How old was that when a child could make adult responsible decisions?

Liz knew how the evenings went for her. Preparations, the king’s chamber and doing what the king demanded. She did not know how things had gone for Kyle and that was part of her problem. “Kaittie asked me to petition the king for her,” Liz stated.

“Oh,” Kyle said, “What does she want that she is too scared to ask herself?” Kyle asked.

“Kaittie and her mate want permanent residence on Earth. They both want to continue working for the king, but they don’t want to make the transformation to go back to Antar,” Liz explained.

“Kaittie has been more than my body guard. She has been my guide in many things that I might get in trouble doing, without her help,” Liz stated.

“How does Max react to theses petitions?” Kyle asked.

“Usually, he acts favorably,” Liz answered. “I have a petition of my own to present. I will make Kaittie’s request first so if I anger the king, she won’t loose out,” Liz said.

“What is your petition?” Kyle asked. Really, the less he knew of what went on between Max and Liz, the better he liked it.

“I need your permission before I make my request,” Liz said as she looked steadily at Kyle. You know you said you never wanted to know what went on between the king and myself?”

This now had Kyle’s attention. “Yes,” he said.

“That doesn’t work for me. I want someone to tell me what you do when they take you away from me,” Liz stated.

“Why?” Kyle asked.

“When I am with the king, I do what he tells me. I know what to do for him. When you return, I am always worried that I might not be enough. Why does Max always send any companions he gives to you back to Antar immediately. He says it is because he doesn’t want to leave you any excuse to stray. You would only stray if you had something better than me. I want to know what is done to you, when Max takes you away,” Liz stated.

“Do you want me to list everything we do?” Kyle asked.

“No, I am sure you would give me the short list. Kyle, I don’t want the companions chosen by the king to do more for you than I am able,” Liz explained.

“Then, the same would go for me. Would I need to know what I could do to keep up with the king?” kele asked.

“Kyle, with the king, you do for him at his command. What you get in return is incidental,” Liz explained.

“Doesn’t sound very romantic to me,” Kyle said.

“Kyle, I love Max and I will always love Max. As king, he can be difficult. If you want minute by minute description of our meetings, I can give them,” Liz stated.

“No, Liz, I stated that I never wanted to know what you did with the King and I still mean it. Apparently, you are more curious. I understand that the first companion Max sent me wrote a manual. She calls it the ‘Book of Kyle.’ The companions I have now are supposed to add to it. You might ask Max for a translation. I give you my permission. If Max needs more, let the companions know and I will send written permission,” Kyle said.

When they went to bed that night, the edge Kyle felt for Liz had been taken off by their exercise that afternoon. Their love was slow and gentle. They made love like a couple with a family who were now in their forties.

---------------------------

Laurie had been given the invitation for dinner. She didn’t know how she felt about Jimmy. Jimmy had the reputation of being a super stud. Most of the groupies who hung out trying to catch the eye of a team member had said that Jimmy knew a good piece of ass and they individually strove to impress him. The girls had noticed that she did hang around the boy’s locker entrance waiting for Kyle. One of them said with a lot of bitterness, “Hey, girl, you must be giving him a lot of something. He don’t even look our way no more.”

That bothered Laurie. She hadn’t had sex with any boy. She intended to make sure she was in love before she went that far. Someone had told her that Jimmy came from a wealthy family. From his broken down sneakers, faded jeans to the Good Will jacket he usually wore. Jimmy gave no indication as to he family’s wealth. That bodyguard thing kept coming up in her mind. “Why Jimmy? Why are you asking me to meet your parents?” Laurie asked.

“Dad will be gone in a week for some time. I do want you to meet my stepfather also. He will be gone soon and won’t be back for several years,” Jimmy informed her.

Laurie accepted and Jimmy promised to walk her over to his house. At first, Laurie was shocked at the size of the house, it would be better described as a mansion. Meeting Jimmy’s mother did a lot to put her at ease. Jimmy’s dad, Kyle, was also an easy going guy. Laurie did see that there was a household staff. She wondered why, because household servants were not common in Roswell, even in the more affluent homes.

Kyle and Liz told stories about Roswell a couple generations ago. Liz mentioned her first husband who she married right out of high school. He had to go away, so Kyle came to take care of our family. Max is away at the moment, but he will be back for a few weeks, later. Jimmy wants you to meet him, also.

When Jimmy walked her back home, she still wasn’t clear why he was so insistent that she meet his parents, now.

The time went way too fast for Kyle. Arnold came by in the morning. Kyle knew that Max would be here that afternoon. Again, they stopped in Albuquerque to pick up the two companions. Driving back through Arizona in the daytime was very different than it was at night. For one thing, Kyle didn’t have anyone playing with his privates while he dozed.

After Arnold left them off at the cabin, Kyle sat nursing a beer as the companions drank their iced tea, he said, “Liz is asking to look at he manual that Karen made. I told her that you had added notes more recently.”

“Do you think that will be a good idea? I understand humans get very jealous. That is why we were instructed to keep you busy so you wouldn’t over concern yourself about what was happening to Liz,” Sissy stated.

“I still don’t want to know anything about what goes on in the king’s bedroom. Liz has no reason to get jealous from what I do,” Kyle declared. Kyle didn’t see the look Sissy sent to Jenny. They had some talking to do with each other. If what they told Liz caused a problem between the regent and the queen, there wouldn’t be any riches or honor when they returned to Antar.

That evening, nothing that either alien woman said or did to Kyle, raised his interest. Finishing up his third beer, which they had allotted him, Kyle stretched and announced, “Ladies, I am heading for bed,”

“We will be in soon, Kyle. Sissy and I need to make plans for tomorrow,” Jenny stated.

They were both surprised when Kyle walked back between them and gently kissed each on the cheek. “Don’t be too ambitious. I had a hard few days this week,” Kyle called out as he left the room.

As soon as it was evident that Kyle was actually in bed, Sissy spoke up to Jenny. “What do you think about letting Liz see the book of Kyle?” she asked.

“I think that Liz doesn’t have to worry about pleasing the king. He demands his pleasure. I think she is worried about Kyle. From what I have read, this is a hard time for human couples. One son married and off on his own, the other son dating and bringing his girl to meet the parents. What do we know about the daughter?” Jenny answered.

“According to Kaittie, she is a charming intelligent little girl, but so was Liz when she met the king. I am sure that all of this is weighing down on Liz at this time,” Sissy explained.

“Do you think we should ask Karen to edit the ‘Book of Kyle,’” Jenny asked.

“Liz is an intelligent woman, if she sees things have been altered, then she will think there is something to hide. Liz has been in the bed of the king. She doesn’t expect Kyle to have been playing scrabble. She wants to know if there is more she can do when Kyle returns. I say we ask Karen to include the story, the notes, the discussions and everything. I think Liz sees her life with Kyle very differently than her life with the king,” Sissy stated.

With that the two alien women shed their clothes and crawled into bed with Kyle. One on either side, they snuggled against the boxer clad regent.
Good teachers are born that way, not made. No! Good human beings, are born that way. Some of them become teachers.

Of course, life is not fair. You shouldn't expect it to be fair, but you should expect it to be ironic.
JKR 1981-2001
JJR 1975-
ken_r
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Regent, M/L & K/L adult, AU/aliens pg 4, Ch14, 12/31/11

Post by ken_r »

mary mary: I don't mean it as punishment. To me, the punishment was in making Liz wait for 40 years like i did once before.

begonia9508: My very limited experience in watching women is that they are more curious than men about what might or might not go on with their lovers. In the story, "Little Napoleon," Kyle rants, "We don't hold with no royalty. If they don't play sports or make movies they are just like everyone else and have to toe the line." I can relate to that except that i don't like sports or movie people. Brad Pitt was told to have fun by Jenifer. He did, Anjelina did and Jenifer didn't. It seemed like license was given and retribution followed. I don't understand that very much.

Keepsmiling7: read what i said about women and curosity to Eve above.

Chapter 15

Max was back and he had demanded the full treatment for Liz. Kaittie and Ruphia again helped Liz disrobe and guided her into the shower. Leaving their clothes at the door, they scrubbed and anointed Liz with scents that were favored by the king. Liz was sitting before her vanity as Ruphia brushed her hair until it glistened. Liz thought, “Here I am. Two women to guide and prepare me for what my lover will prefer. I follow instructions and I will know that I am perfect for the king. When I face Kyle, I have only my instincts. Is that enough for him as we enter middle age? Max forces the women, who service Kyle as lovers, back to Antar. They are not left to continue the relationship they form with the regent. But, who am I, or Max kidding. If Kyle becomes bored or feels he needs more of anything, aliens are not the only direction he can turn. Kyle is not someone Max can control. Now, there is only a gentlemen’s agreement that Kyle will return when the king leaves. Max charged Kyle to care for me and my son. What if Kyle decides that getting Alex married is half the agreement and with the support, given me by the Antarian government, Kyle decides he has fulfilled his agreement. What do I really have to bring Kyle back to me? When the king has filled his lust, then I have to make my two petitions.”

The two lay, sweaty and sticky as they tried to catch their breath. Max had been more demanding and more fearful that their sessions were numbered. Liz ran her hand over her body. There might have been times when she would suggest that they shower before continuing their night. Whether peaceful sleep of more of the amorous activity, clean bodies and clean sheets, which would be changed the second they walked to the shower, would make for a more pleasant finish. Max had told Liz that those responsible for his human body, wanted their king to be bigger in every way including the amount of seed he produced, seed, that had no life, only the pleasures of coursing through the king’s body.

This time, Liz didn’t want to miss Max in a mood where he would listen to the petitions. “Max, Kaittie has found what she hopes is a mate. She has asked me to request that she remain on Earth with her mate permanently,” Liz asked.

“Does she please you as a member of the household staff?” Max asked.

“Yes, she guides me many times. She is always there to prepare me for you. She, also, is there to help with the children; well I guess now we can say child. Jimmy is beyond guidance so it is only Maria Lynn who I worry about,” Liz explained.

“Yes, the daughter of Kyle. She is so much like you, Liz. You need to fear the attack of an alien prince to lead her to her doom,” Max stated.

“Max, it hasn’t been a doom. You gave me a wonderful son and no matter how hard it has been, Kyle and I have a good relationship. I just worry that the alien prince who attempts to take Maria Lynn away isn’t you. There probably isn’t another Max in the universe. I want Maria Lynn to be happy,” Liz stated.

“Liz, I need to interview Kaittie and her hoped for mate. If she does stay, she needs to remain with you. Her mate, which I assume is in security, needs to remain close to the family of the king, also. Kaittie has been close to the king. I must be assured of her loyalty. Remember, those who wait on you, also have viewed the king in his natural state,” Max explained.

For a minute, Liz was confused. She remembered how carefully the women who waited on her at the time of the king, were so careful about looking at his body when they came to waken her. Max was all the time aware that the ladies in waiting viewed their activities. They were as intimate with the king as anyone not allowed in his bed. “There is another request.” Liz timidly brought up.

“Another? Do you have a list of petitions for the king to make before I leave? I see you waited until you have satisfied me before you brought these up. Never mind, what is your request?”

“Max, you tell me what you want. That is the right of the king. I try to accomplish what you request the best I can. With Kyle, I can only use my instincts. Kyle doesn’t feel free to make demands. There is a book called ‘The Book of Kyle.’ It was started by the first companion you assigned to Kyle many years ago. It is being kept up, by the companions you have assigned him now. I would like to have a translated copy of my own. Kyle has given his permission. The age we are in right now is the hardest on humans. Doubts emerge and truths fail. Remember, I have two duties. I don’t pretend to understand the mate you keep on Antar to bring forth your heir. Here on Earth, I feel I have fulfilled your wishes. I want to mean more to Kyle in your absence.” It was a long petition, but Liz felt possession of this book was her due. She could only hope Max saw this as something he owed Kyle and his queen as well.

“The two petitions are noted. I will notify you when I am ready to leave my decision,” Max said as he reached for Liz again. Liz was glad of the drink, what ever it was, that the ladies in waiting always gave her when she was to be with the king. Max was even more passionate, in his way, than he had been earlier, passionate and active.

------------------------

Kyle woke up, sandwiched between two soft naked bodies. He briefly ran his hand down his front and on the sheet between them and found no evidence of love making. As he sat up, both women yawned and stretched. “We thought we would go back to the meadow this morning,” Jenny said.

Kyle nodded, he was still in a funk from being ripped from Liz’s bed, as he saw it. He extended a hand to each woman and the three of them, hand in hand walked to the showers.

In the kitchen, Jenny and Sissy, both wearing aprons, were getting breakfast. Their aprons, were because, instead of shorts, they were wearing a simple belt with a breechcloth as the simplest of body garment. A simple wrap was worn around their breasts.

Kyle was pouring juice and coffee. He had on safari shorts and a light shirt. It was obvious that Kyle still wasn’t into today. His mind was back in Roswell.

The meadow wasn’t a far walk. As the heat of the day built up, Kyle opened his shirt. The slight breeze cooled his body as it blew past his bare chest. The simply clad women, sweated very little or as little as could be noticed.

When they arrived, they dropped their backpacks in a shade. Jenny spread the soft blanket and Sissy moved a short distance away and took out a drawing pad. “Kyle, please take off your shirt and shorts,” Sissy requested. Kyle looked at Jenny and already she had removed her wrap. She was removing her belt to take off the breechcloth. Sissy directed Kyle to sit, facing her leaning on one arm with his legs folded to one side. Then, Jenny sat beside Kyle with her arms around him. This wasn’t a comfortable position and Kyle hoped Sissy was a quick draw artist. It did take almost thirty minutes, when she was through, she had a drawing of two nudes holding on to each other with the forest as a backdrop.

“Now, that is something I have never done before,” Kyle said.

After lunch lying under the shade and teasing each other, Kyle suddenly spoke up. “Can you do another picture, Sissy?” Kyle asked.

“Sure, Kyle what do you want?” she answered.

“Here,” Kyle said as he extended his hand to Jenny. Jenny sit here, no, turn your head more. That is right. Now, roll your leg over like this. Stretch your neck like you are looking far into the distance. Now, Sissy can you do this one?” he asked.

When Kyle has asked for a picture, Sissy knowing his profile from the book, thought, it could be everything from a sexual pose to a beaver shot. As a teen, Kyle’s taste had run more to porn. The way he had arranged Jenny’s legs and the way he posed her neck, when she was through, Sissy said, “Kyle, you are good at posing. This very well might be the best picture I ever drew. Jenny stood up. Taking the picture in her hands, she was shaking her head. “Kyle, Sissy, you made me, in Earth terms, beautiful.”

Sissy drew one more picture. This time she had Kyle pose Jenny the way he thought she should be. When she was through, all the other two could do was marvel. Sissy had truly found a human skill. It was too bad that when she went back to Antar, this skill would be lost.

A cool wind blew across the meadow and they all noticed that the sun was getting close to setting. They were on the south slope so the sun didn’t set early. Way across the meadow, they saw some deer coming out from the trees. The deer were staring their way, so they knew that the animals were aware of them. They knew that they had time to get back to the cabin before it got dark, but the cool breeze reminded them that standing naked in the mountain air as the sun got lower in the sky wasn’t that much fun.

Both women had skirts in their backpacks so they donned them over their breechcloths. As they walked back together, Kyle realized that they had had a wonderful day. Jenny still clutched her pictures, while Sissy rolled the first drawing and placed it in her pack.

That evening they had cold cuts with cokes and two beers for Kyle. For a few minutes, they lay back looking at the stars, then again hand in hand they entered the bedroom and stripped. For several hours, they played with each other wrestling and rolling around. Kyle made love twice and he was pretty sure that it was to a different woman each time. There was something that felt different. As they all three dropped off to sleep, Kyle thought I am lying here with my two loves.

That night Kyle was very restless as he slept. Both women felt him as the thrashed about mumbling. The dream that was tormenting Kyle was one with Liz. Once Liz had been trying to explain that it was possible for a woman to love two very different men. Kyle hadn’t argued with her because he knew she had a very heavy cross to bear. Max had no intention of giving Liz up. Liz knew that Kyle was the only one who might understand and if not understand, might accept the burden of caring for another man’s wife. Years of celibacy were not pleasing in Liz’s mind. Kyle had wanted in her pants from the first date. Kyle was charming, but at that age and knowing Kyle’s reputation, she wasn’t ready to give him her virginity. Now Max was different. With Max, it was Liz who wanted to open her self to him. Max had no reputation, Max had intentions of getting a good education, Max was the person she wanted to be her first taste of love.

Isn’t life funny? It was Max who left, it was Kyle who remained steadfast. Now, it was Kyle with his arms wrapped around two naked women thinking I know what it is like to have two loves at the same time. These two naked women would be forever gone when they left with the king, but Kyle would remember next time when Liz said anything about loving two men. Yes, he knew what that was like.

-----------------------

“Liz, your two petitions have been granted. After many interviews, Kaittie and her mate are to be permanently stationed on Earth. She will remain the head of your bodyguard and he will for starters, take on the protection of Jimmy. The other thing, Karen thinks you reading the ‘Book of Kyle,’ is a good idea. She says it will make you appreciate what Kyle did for me and for you. On the surface, it looked like Kyle was running through the harem. Karen says this isn’t so. She invites you to read the whole book and to, especially, read the notes. There were many revisions on the book as they learned about Kyle. I probably will make one more trip. I would like to see grandchildren,” Max finished as he filed away the last item for his trip home.

Liz had seen that this trip had taken a lot out of Max. He was alien, but once Max told her that he wasn’t God. He couldn’t stop time. These changes from alien to human and back were very trying. Max had insisted that most of his people make the trip only once. He couldn’t resist, knowing his family, most of all Liz, as many times as possible. Kaittie had asked for time off so she and her mate could find a home and arrange their affairs to remain on their new planet. Liz couldn’t have her copy of the “book of Kyle,” until the present companions got back to Antar with Karen. Then, as soon as it could be translated, a copy would be transmitted back to Earth.

Kyle and his luggage had been dropped off. Arnold would be accompanying the companions back to Antar. A new driver would be assigned shortly. “My two loves,” kept running through Kyle’s mind. He didn’t know what that came from and he didn’t know where he was going to take it. Jenny and Sissy would be gone shortly if they hadn’t already left. Kyle kept searching his mind. Did he have any strands of guilt running through his thoughts? No more than he had strands of jealously running amuck about the king sleeping with Liz.

Usually, Kyle went running into the house to see if Liz was waiting for him. The only thing that stopped him was if the children were at home. Normally, he would be dropped off at a time when he and Liz could schedule a couple of hours together.

This time, Kyle picked up his luggage and slowly made his way to the door. He rang the doorbell. Ringing the doorbell of his own house. It wasn’t his house, no more than Liz was his wife. What was Kyle? He was the regent, the officer of the government charged with the care of all the king left on Earth, with the exception of the Antarian branch government.

Kaittie was off with her mate setting up her new home. Lillie was a new woman who now assisted Liz. Kyle spoke up. “Hi, I am Kyle. May I come in,” he asked.

Lillie was flustered. This was the regent, but he wasn’t acting like a regent, or at least, what Lillie would assume a regent would act like. Lillie had been carefully trained on Antar. She had been trained the many weeks they traveled, both in the form of an alien and then, in her new body as a human. She still wasn’t comfortable as a human or with humans. The queen, who she had met this morning for the first time, had busied her self with removing the bed clothes from what Lillie was sure was the chamber of the king. Liz had stated that the king, probably wouldn’t return for ten years or so. Ruphia had been leaving as Lillie came in. Kaittie being busy with personal business confused Lillie. What personal business could supersede the needs of the king for his queen. The queen had directed her to remove and replace the bedclothes of another room. Lillie was sure that this room was the room of the regent.

If opening the door she had seen armed men of any species, Lillie would have given her life automatically in defense of the house of the queen. No, a simple man had knocked at the door and requested entrance. This was the man the king had chosen to take his place? Lillie was confused.

JKR 1981-2001
JJR 1975-
ken_r
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Regent, M/L & K/L adult, AU/aliens pg 4, Ch15, 1/8/2012

Post by ken_r »

keepsmiling7

begonia9508: Max is the king. he ha distanced himself from most of the people who surround him. All i can say is that there is some historical basis for what is happening.

Chapter 16

Jimmy had spent most of the day with Laurie. They were getting so serious that, Laurie had been questioned by her folks if there was anything they should worry about. Of course that annoyed Laurie and she was using her friendship to vent her frustrations about her parents.

“Jimmy, I have always been the perfect little Laurie. They assume that I will always be their little girl. They have grilled me about you. Jimmy it might have been easier if you had come with a better reputation when we met. The stories they have heard are not to your credit. They even questioned me about your stepfather,” Laurie stated.

“Yeah, that sounds like my mother’s folks when she first started going with my dad. He had been a bit of a rounder and they were not sure that they wanted their little tenth grade girl going with a guy like that,” Jimmy told her.

“Tenth grade, I thought your folks got married after your step father left?” Jenny asked in wonder.

“Dad was a football hero the first two years in High school. That is when he met my mother,” Jimmy explained.

“What happened?” Laurie asked curiously.

“Mom, met Max. Dad in his adolescence was pushing mom for sex, all they time they were dating. She said she wasn’t ready for that step with him. When she met Max, something happened, they were never clear. Mom ditched dad and from then on it was Max and Liz. It was kind of a let down for dad. Then mom’s folks really had worries. Max seemed very shy and quiet, but they took to staying out all night, getting in trouble with the law and school. Finally they and their friends, including dad, took off on the lamb, they were being chased, by the FBI. That was when Mom and Max got married,” Jimmy narrated.

“Wow, having met your dad and mom, then meeting Max, I don’t see how they could get into so much trouble,” Laurie interjected.

“Max had a friend named Michael and a sister named Isabel. At the time they were on the run, Michael had a girlfriend named Maria DeLuca and Isabel was married to a lawyer named Jesse. Maria went with them, but Isabel wouldn’t let her lawyer husband share in their troubles. I don’t know if it was before they got married or after, mom got pregnant with Alex. After about a year, their troubles with the FBI somehow got settled. Mom, dad and Max all returned to Roswell. Isabel moved back with her husband somewhere back east and Michael and Maria disappeared. Married, with a kid, dreams of Harvard were gone. Mom worked and with the help of her parents and Max’s parents they managed for Max to go to school. Dad was on his way to becoming a drunk. He didn’t date or work steadily at anything. That was when Max got the call to go away. He asked Dad to take care of Liz. Remember, Max had no idea if he would be able to return or not. Dad moved in with Liz and they had me. I saw Max one time when I was a child. I remembered he played ball with Alex and me. Then, until Max returned for Alex’s wedding, I only heard about Max through messages. Now you see what can happen? Do you see why your parents are worried? Laurie, there is a lot in you that is like mom. Even Max remarked, that you reminded him of Liz, when you came over just before he left.” Jimmy said.

“Jimmy, your parents, even your step father, don’t seem like that at all. They seem, how do you say, very ordinary,” Laurie remarked.

Jimmy laughed. “Laurie, those in my family are anything but ordinary. I don’t think I want to explain any further unless someday we get a lot more serious,” Jimmy explained.

-------------------------------

Kyle sat his luggage down and entered the living room. He sat in his favorite chair. Sitting there with his eyes closed, he wondered if Max enjoyed this chair. Drowsing he never knew when Lillie took his luggage up to the room she had just cleaned and prepared. As she passed the king’s chambers, she softly called to Liz, “The regent is home and waiting in the living room.”

Liz gasped as she looked at her watch. Time had slipped by her. She had every intention of finishing, locking the king’s chambers and meeting Kyle when he came home. Now, there was only a short time before Maria Lynn got back from her trip to the mall. Liz knew that she would be lucky if Jimmy made it in time for supper. He was spending all his time with that girl Laurie.

Liz worried. Always before, she had managed to stir a sexual excitement in Kyle when he first came home. Even with the weariness she had from being with the king, the night before, Liz always wanted to welcome Kyle the best she could. Liz ran downstairs, but she found Kyle there, in his chair, sound asleep. All sorts of thoughts ran through Liz’s mind about what Kyle had been doing since he was home last. If he was that worn out, what more did Liz have to offer. Liz thought as long as he is asleep I might as well get his luggage unpacked and put away. She tip-toed out of the living room. Lilly had placed Kyle ‘s bags beside their bed. Liz lifted the bags to the bed and opened them. It was strange when she opened one of the bags. None of these clothes had she ever seen. Liz remembered when she kissed Kyle at the door, that he didn’t have anything with him. The clothes in these bags, with the exception of the black suit Kyle wore to the wedding, were sports clothes. With the exception of the shorts he wore teaching P.E. at school, Kyle mostly wore old faded jeans and baggy tee shirts. Liz remembered the night he left, he was wearing a polo shirt and slacks.

Most of his clothes had been freshly laundered, so she was hanging or folding them away. In the bottom of one bag, Liz found three rolled up papers. Unrolling the papers, she saw three hand drawn pictures, done with considerable skill.

Liz unrolled the pictures and placed them on the bed to look at them. In one picture, there was a nude man sitting under some trees and a likewise nude lady with her arms around him. A third picture was of the woman, this time alone. There was no mistaking the man was Kyle. The woman was in both of the other pictures. She had been posed like she was looking somewhere way off in the distance.

“Ah…um,” Kyle cleared his throat. “I don’t think you were supposed to see those,” he stated.

“Kyle, who drew these?” Liz quizzed.

Kyle picked up the picture of himself. “One of the companions was exercising her drawing ability,” he replied. “I will throw them away if you want.”

“No,” Liz stated. “These are really good. It would be a crime to throw them away,” she finished. Who is the woman?” she asked.

“She was the other companion,” Kyle answered.

“Liz, it was a human talent. If she has changed back to her Antarian form, then that ability is lost forever,” Kyle stated.

“Kyle this proves to me that I need to know more about how you are treated when I am with the king,” Liz said.

“Both companions said they would transmit their notes for the book to Karen, so she could have a translated copy for you in a matter of weeks,” Kyle stated.

Liz and Kyle heard Maria Lynn talking to Lillie. Liz knew that Kaittie would be back to start supper and she hoped Jimmy would be returning soon. She took Kyle’s hand and they walked down stairs.

Supper was quiet that night. Both children were glad their father was back, but they sensed tension between their parents. After supper Jimmy called to Maria, “Come on princess, I will let you play my PlayStation.” Jimmy hadn’t called Maria Lynn princess in a long time.

“Was this time extra hard?” Liz asked.

“Yeah, it was longer and the wedding didn’t help. The companions kept me busy so I didn’t dwell on it, but, yes, it was harder this time,” Kyle replied.

“Yes, Kyle, it was harder on Max, also,” Liz stated.

“Yeah, Max. Forgive me Liz, if I don’t shed tears on things that are hard on Max. Look, I know he is your true husband and I am just the regent, but damn it, Liz, I am in love with you also! To think of you at his command, is very hard,” Kyle moaned.

“Max can’t come back for another ten years or so. Maybe we can repair some things between us,” Liz said.

“Repair things, how?” Kyle asked. “I will always know that someday, Max will return and I will as always give back everything that is his. Since I have nothing of my own, I guess that means I give everything back to Max,” Kyle bitterly stated.

Liz took Kyle by the hand. She had known that something was wrong when she didn’t manage to meet Kyle at the door and distract him immediately. They slowly walked up the stairs to their bedroom.

They got into bed and Kyle did lie down facing her. Liz tried to crawl into his arms, but she could feel that they were almost dead. Liz cuddled against Kyle and soon they were fast asleep.

Late nights and mornings usually were Lillie’s duty. Kaittie now lived close by and she could be there in minutes if she felt needed. This morning, Lillie had called Kaittie. “I might need help with the family. Last night didn’t go well,” she explained.

-----------------------

School had started again. This would be Kyle’s last year. He had no idea of what he would do when he didn’t have to get up every morning for class. Maria Lynn was in her last year of grade school. Max had been right, they grew up so fast. Jimmy had a baseball scholarship at New Mexico State University. Laurie was taking a teaching program at the other large institution, the University of New Mexico, in Albuquerque.

To: Lkestler@unm.edu

Do you think this long distance relationship will work? Or, are you being chased by young coaches all over the educational department?

Love J

To: JValenti@nmsu.edu

Jimmy, you are the one with over active libido. I am the one saving herself for true love. How many women cluster around the men’s locker room every evening?

Love back Laurie

To: Lkestler@unm.edu

Hey, remember this baseball stuff is just to get into engineering school. The practices get any harder, I am going to avail myself of Max’s offer to pay my way. No matter, the locker room babies are so “high school.”

Love J

---------------------------

Liz was tidying up the house. Kaittie had asked about hiring another girl to help out with the household. Kaittie had taken on several more administrative duties with Jimmy away at college and AlexZander in graduate school. Maya had now, also, become under her direction. What she really wanted was someone to help with Maria Lynn. Liz imagined that when she considered, she would give Kaittie the go ahead, another girl to help with the house and to keep up security when Kaittie was away.

Liz and Kyle were back in bed together, but Liz still sensed tension with him. At first, she thought he might be embarrassed at the three pictures she hung in their bedroom. That wasn’t it. Kyle hardly gave the pictures a glance except when he was alone. A message from Antar stated the “Book of Kyle,” had been finished, up to the present and the translation was being prepared. Max wasn’t back on the throne yet, but the messages from Antar said they expected him shortly. This showed the immense distance Antar was from Earth. Liz would think later that the distance was in both light years and in social beliefs.

Kyle was giving a special presentation back at his old school. Mr. Garcia the principal and a school aid knocked on his door. “Kyle, you are needed at home,” the principal said.

Kyle gathered his papers, threw his lesson plans for the rest of his presentation to the school aid and hurried out the front door. A black sedan was waiting for him. All he could think of was that someone was hurt.

When he arrived, Liz was sitting in the living room. She had a message from Antar by the looks of the envelopee. Lillie, Kaittie and Sabbie, the new girl were surrounding Liz. They all were very pale. Kaittie spoke up first. “The yacht of the king has had a collision.”

JKR 1981-2001
JJR 1975-
ken_r
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Regent, M/L & K/L adult, AU/aliens pg 4, Ch16, 1/15/2012

Post by ken_r »

Keepsmiling7

begonia 9508

Chapter 17

Kyle couldn’t think of the many times, in frustration, he had thought of Max’s death. That had always been only a fantasy. The reality of something happening to Max, was now laid out for all to see. Kyle was sure that the entire Antarian community was upset. Liz spoke up, “This is the first message. We don’t know what happened or who has been hurt or killed. Antar has warned us to be prepared for their next message.”

Kyle walked to Liz. His own emotions were so confused, he wasn’t sure how she might accept him. Liz did stand and wrap her arms around Kyle as she asked him to take her up to their bedroom. They knew that Kaittie would bring news as soon as she had any.

Once in the privacy of their room, Liz let loose the tightly held emotions of the queen and sobbed. Kyle didn’t trust his voice to say anything. “What do we say to AlexZander, Jimmy or even Maria Lynn,” Liz asked.

“Maria Lynn will be home soon. We should bring her up here with us.
There is noting to say to Alex or Jimmy until we get more information. For the moment, let’s leave everything in the hands of Kaittie. She will bring information as soon as she gets it,” Kyle told her.

Maria Lynn had been brought up to their room and Kaittie fixed some snacks for all of them. After several hours, there was a light knock on their door. “Sir, My lady and little Miss,” Kaittie said. There has been a second message. It is brief, but Antar informs us that the king is alive, but badly injured,” Kaittie said; then, she backed out of the room.

Death and serious injury are not concepts that youth understand very well. Maria Lynn was frightened as she looked from parent to parent. “What does this mean?” she asked.

Liz took her daughter in her arms and in a tearful voice said, “Your step father, Max was hurt in a vehicle wreck on his way home. He is badly injured, but his people say he is still alive,” she explained.

“Does this mean he is going to die?” the little girl asked.

Liz had always tried to be as truthful as she could with her children. With their strange family it was best not to hide anything as soon as her children were old enough to understand. “We don’t know, honey. Max is strong, but even he can’t withstand everything. Max once told me that he could do many things, but not to think of him as God,” Liz said.

“Does God know where Max is? Antar is so very far away,” Maria asked.

“We hope he does,” Liz answered. Then, Liz turned to Kyle. “We have got to get word to Michael and Isabel. Trouble is, I have no idea of where they are,” Liz stated.

Maria Lynn was again sitting on their bed with her father. “Kyle, I have to contact Antar security. They must be able to find Michael and Isabel,” Liz said.

Liz left the room to arrange with Kaittie to put out a search for Isabel and Michael. Kyle sat with his daughter. He didn’t have the foggiest idea of what to say to a child in times like this. There was a soft knock at the door. Kyle opened the door and Lillie was standing there with a yellow envelope. Even from a distance, he could see that it has the stamp of the government of Antar. Lillie was still shook up. The death of the king would be a traumatic thing for Antar and Antarians scattered all across the universe. “Your honor, ah…sir, I was told to give this to you personally. It is an emergency message from Antar,” She managed to get out.

Kyle accepted the envelope and looked at it. It was clearly marked Regent Kyle Valenti. Wouldn’t any message from Antar be sent to Liz,” Kyle thought. Under the word Kyle Valenti was marked and underlined, personal.

Kyle leaned over and hugged Maria. “Honey, I have to step out and take care of something, I will be right back and we can wait for mama,” Kyle told her. It wouldn’t do to leave Maria Lynn alone for too long. She was dealing with her own interpretation of this tragedy.

The hall was completely empty. Kyle opened the envelope and found a personal letter.

-----------------------

Kyle:

I am violating a dozen laws of Antar. Right now, I don’t care. I am sure that you have been informed that our yacht has collided with something. No one yet knows what it was. The king was hurt and security is swarming over everything. We have all been loaded on a ship of war. They are taking this very seriously. If some poor trader appears with his communications out, he is going to be blasted into another dimension. I saw and talked with the king. He is badly hurt, but I am sure that he will live. What I have to say, I am sure that Antar will not tell you. As companions, we may get glory with the population, but to the government, they really do treat us as whores. That is especially true if the king is not with us. My friend, you know her as Sissy, was killed in the crash. Kyle, I have no idea of what you thought of us, but Karen was right, you are a fine fellow and both of us were falling love with you. By now, I am sure that you found my pictures. I hope Liz doesn’t object. That sort of vanity about a body, especially a human body, is frowned upon on Antar. I couldn’t destroy them. The drawings Sissy did of me are of the most beautiful creature I ever saw. I never saw myself like that before. The drawing of us together is a memory I will never lose. Tell the queen that both Sissy and myself had already transmitted our report for the book of Kyle. I can only hope the queen does not object to the regard both Sissy and myself hold the regent. I hope she can see how lucky she is. She is the queen subject to the king, one of the greatest honors in the kingdom, but she is also the companion to the regent and we understand the mother of a great family.

In all friendship I send this.
I hope you have good feelings to both of your companions.

May Sissy’s spirit find rest in what she did in life.

The one you knew as Jenny.

-------------------------

Kyle went back into the bedroom and sat hugging Maria Lynn. When Liz returned she saw the two of them. One look at Kyle convinced her that something had happened in her absence.

Kyle handed her the envelope. “None of the Antarians can ever see this. She would get into big trouble if they did. The temper of the military, with the king hurt, could have her executed for treason,” Kyle whispered.

Liz read the letter and then, carefully, folded it and replaced it in the envelope. They were following the orders of the king. To be treated like that. Max assured me that caring for you was an honor,” Liz stated.

Jenny says it is to the population. To the government, that is, military, they are not people of importance. We have had our own experience with the military, like that,” Kyle said.

They had not been able to contact Alex or Jimmy. They left messages everywhere they tried to contact them to call home as soon as possible. This included the home of the Wreys, Maya’s folks. Liz and Kyle had been having problems enough with their love life. This last time with the king had upset both parties. Tonight, they didn’t even try. Liz crawled into bed with Kyle and turning her back to him, she spooned herself as close to him as possible. Before falling asleep she whispered, “I am truly sorry about your friend, Kyle.”

Kyle grunted back. Max getting himself bunged up, sure stirred a mess of emotions. It was better when Kyle just fantasized about Max leaving. Now, when the leaving involved a near death experience, Kyle had guilt and hope that maybe, Max wouldn’t return which turned itself back into more guilt.

It was midnight when the phone rang. Liz quickly answered it. “Mom, we just got in. The Wreys have been raising havoc with Maya’s cell phone. They said you needed to talk to us as soon as possible. What gives?” AlexZander asked.

“Alex, it is Max. His ship had a collision. At first, we didn’t know how badly he was hurt. Kyle got a private message which told us that Max is hurt, but it was felt that he would live. Kyle also received the message, which said a very special alien friend of his was killed. There is nothing you can do, but we felt you ought to know what is going on,” Liz delivered her message and now, she would return to Kyle.

It was morning when Jimmy called. “Mom, what happened?” Jimmy asked.

Liz repeated the same speech she had told Alex and after Jimmy apologized that he didn’t return the call sooner, “Mom, we had a game last night. I didn’t even take my cell phone with me.”

Kyle canceled the rest of his presentations for the moment. Everyone knew he was retiring from even this at the end of the year. Later that morning they received a message from Antar. It essentially told the same thing about Max as had Jenny in the other message last night, with the exception of any mention of Sissy.

---------------------

“Hello, the Ramirez residence,” the voice on the phone said.

“Isabel, this is Liz,” was the answer.

“Ah…ah… Liz who?” the voice asked.

“Isabel, I am not sure what married name you know me from, but I am Liz from Roswell, you know high school, married your brother and everything.”

Liz’s heart almost stopped. She could tell even over the telephone the difference in humor. Isabel and Michael both had split when Liz, Max and Kyle were making the agreement. “Liz, that is unfair to Kyle, not to mention to you. Demand a divorce from that idiot brother of mine. If he wants to be the hero, the savior, let him. Get him out of your life. Liz when Max is on that kick, he can do nothing, but hurt the ones he should love.” Those were the words Isabel uttered so long ago. Liz had hoped that Isabel would have mellowed in the years past. Apparently, she was still very bitter about the subject of Max.

“Isabel, please don’t hang up. I need to talk to you,” Liz begged.

“What has that idiot brother of mine done now?” It seemed that when talking about Max, Isabel had one statement of description. “Look, Liz, you chose to live with him. Jesse is now a respected lawyer. We don’t want to get mixed up in any of Max’s escapades,” Isabel said with a lot of rancor.

“Isabel, Max is what I want to talk to you about. His ship, near Antar has had a collision. Max has been badly hurt. I was hoping that you would want to know,” Liz stated.

“All right, now I know. Anything more?” Isabel asked.

Liz didn’t know what she was hoping for. Maybe, support, maybe, a few tears, someone other than just Liz’s immediate family had to have something for Max. Isabel had a fortress built around her feelings for Max and Liz didn’t see any crumbling in it’s structure. “No, I just thought you should know,” Liz mumbled.

“Well, thank you for the information. Good by Liz,” and Isabel hung up.

Antarian security was very good, maybe even as good as the American FBI. Sometimes, Liz thought they might have even tapped into the data base of the feds. They had found the other number which Liz thought was important. This was the last number to call. “Hello,” was all the person on the other side of the phone would say.

“Am I speaking to Maria DeLuca or Maria Guerin, I don’t know which?” Liz asked.

There was a coldness in the voice. “Who’s calling, please?” was the response.

“Maria, this is Liz, you know, from Roswell,” Liz said. “I need to talk to Michael. Is he still with you?” Liz asked, you know couples changed so much. Yes, couples changed and that was correct with society. Liz changed with the conditions of the agreement, and all sorts of eyebrows were raised and tempers flared.

There was a definite silence for several seconds. “Maria, are you still there?” Liz asked.

The answer was a whisper. “Yeah, Liz I am here. Look, I don’t think talking to Michael is a good idea. The mention of Max, Antar or even you, sets him off for hours. That agreement you arranged with my stepbrother, Kyle, really upset him. What do you need him for, anyway?” Maria asked.

“Max was badly hurt in a collision near Antar. I thought he needed to know. Look, I don’t want to cause trouble. Maybe, I needed some one to talk to. Sorry I bothered you,” and Liz prepared to hang up.

“Liz, don’t hang up. I am sorry. Personally, I couldn’t give a shit about Max. I grieve for what I think he did to my stepbrother Kyle. Liz, I owe you more than hanging up. We were friends forever. If I can, I will call you later,” then a click as Maria hung up.

Maria sat for a long time. Liz was in serious trouble or she wouldn’t have called. They had been friends since, well, forever. You don’t run out on your friends when they need you. Not even if they did something that angered you and your spouse. Yes, Maria had married Michael.

“Who was that on the phone?” came from the other room.

“Nobody, hun. Just some sales man wanting to sell more magazines,” Maria replied. By this time, Maria was in tears for what Liz must have suffered these many years.

Michael walked into the room. Maria could see sparks running up and down his arms. Maria could believe that, sometimes, Michael could read her mind. “Maria, you don’t go teary over the ‘Women’s Day,’ rag. So who was it?” Michael demanded.

Maria had her arms around Michael. She was openly crying now. “It was Liz. She is in trouble. She doesn’t have anyone to turn to,” Maria explained.

“Why not turn to that god damned son-of-a-bitching king she is hooked up with?” Michael ranted.

“It was about Max, Michael. He was badly hurt in deep space near Antar. His ship collided with something. Liz just needs someone to talk to. I knew mentioning Max or her would anger you,” Maria explained.

“You’re damned right he makes me pissed! At least when he turns to dust, he won’t pollute the Earth with his remains,” Michael stated.

Maria, still crying, said in a tremulous voice, “For me it is not about Max. Liz was my friend.”

It was midnight where Isabel and Jesse now lived. Isabel was still upset from the phone call she had gotten that morning. She wasn’t sleeping. The phone rang, so Isabel picked it up, “Yes,” she answered.

“Did you hear about that god damned son-of-a-bitching brother of yours,” Michael stormed in the phone?” When it came to Max, Michael only had one description, or maybe that was the best description he could say in polite company. More vulgar, but not that much different than how isabel felt.

“Yeah,” Isabel answered. “Liz called me several hours ago,” Isabel stated.

Michael was almost yelling, he was so mad. “The bastard got himself creamed way out in space. I hear it didn’t even kill him. Liz said he is still alive!” Michael exclaimed.

“Michael, I did grow up with him as a brother. There are still some feelings deep down. I feel badly that he was hurt. I would feel worse if he was killed. When Max is king, he is a stranger. I don’t know how Liz controls him. I am with you. I don’t see why Kyle puts up with him. Michael, hang up I will call you later. Right now, I am very confused,” Isabel told him.

Jesse turned over and felt the bed beside him. He hadn’t said anything. Jesse had learned with in-laws not to get on either side. He walked into the kitchen where Isabel, in her sleeping gown was drinking warm milk. “Who was that call from?” he asked.

“From Michael. I am surprised that you couldn’t hear the entire conversation, he was shouting so loud. I feel sorry for Maria. Michael is really ticked off about Max,” Isabel told Jesse.

Jesse was in his boxers as he sat down. Subconsciously he pulled the fly closed. Even if he was with his wife, he was not into walking around with his parts hanging out. At this time, Jesse was pure lawyer. “Hun, after everything is said, Max is still family. Liz is an in-law and their children are your nieces and nephews. Anger within a family is not a good thing. Anger against Liz who did nothing directly to cause the family split is even worse. You and Michael might want to consider burying the hatchet. There is young family out there who you might come to love. Liz’s problem was that she always tried to do too much, for too many people,” Jesse explained.

JKR 1981-2001
JJR 1975-
ken_r
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Regent, M/L & K/L adult, AU/aliens pg 5, Ch17, 1/21/2012

Post by ken_r »

begonia9508

keepsmiling7: Like in my story,I Heard You Calling Only Max answers the call to Antar. Remember Kyle was one of the group as was Liz. Both Isabel and Michael thought Max was not thinking of others, when he made the pact with Kyle and Liz. Unfortunately, the break with Max separated them from Liz and Kyle.

Chapter. 18

It was two days later when Liz heard the phone. Like any family in a time of tragedy every ring of the phone was pounced upon as they hoped for news, any news, good or bad. The torture was to be locked in the stasis of ignorance. “Chica, can you talk?” Maria asked.

“Oh, thank you for calling, Maria. I need so badly to hear a familiar voice,” Liz said.

“Is there anything I can do?” Maria asked, the typical request made by so many.

“Oh, Maria tell me something funny about high school. I need something to get my mind off of the present,” Liz answered.

“Well there was that time you and Max were at the ventilation duct spying on Miss Topolisky,” Maria started.

“Yeah, we were sitting there watching Miss Topolisky talking to the FBI. I had that ridiculous list that you helped me write about questions to ask Max about being alien. You remember, was Max ever three feet tall and slimy? You know, AlexZander told me he was asked a similar question by his wife when she learned about Max,” Liz almost giggled for the first time in many days.

“Alexander? There are some things we need to catch up on,” Maria remarked.

“Alex like in our friend and Zan like the name the dups used. We added the ‘der’ to make it come out right. That was what we called Max’s son. I have two more children now, fathered by Kyle. There is Jimmy who is now in college and Maria Lynn who is ten. Jimmy is so much like Kyle. We do think now, he is getting very serious about a girl, but who knows,” Liz related.

“Time does get away from us. Michael and I were married a few years after we left Roswell. We both managed to go to college and I am teaching music in a middle school,” Maria said.

“College, that didn’t work out so good for me. I was going to wait until Max got out and then, it would be my turn as soon as Alex got old enough to attend school. Max left and that was the end of that. The next few years were spent trying to get Kyle situated. He is a P.E. teacher now. Jimmy was born a few years after Max left. Getting him up and started bought time until Max returned again. After Max left again, it was a rocky road with Kyle. We did produce our daughter, Maria Lynn. Trying to keep up my relationship with Kyle, somehow, college didn’t take on any importance. About the time when Maria Lynn was getting along with her school, Max returned to Alex’s wedding. My time with Kyle is really difficult, now. I am trying, but this last time, was harder than ever. Kyle is home now, giving me support. We are still only getting information about Max in tiny bits by bit,” Liz narrated.

“Liz, I am trying to get Michael to be more civil about Max. Maybe in time we could come to see you. We have so much to catch up on. I will try to call again,” Maria hung up her phone.

It was some time later that the phone again rang with out Antarian postings about the condition of the king. “Liz, it is Isabel. Look, I am sorry about the other morning. It has been so long since I heard anything about Max that Michael wasn’t, before and after, using swear words. Jesse says he won’t discuss in-laws. So Michael was all I heard. Liz, this isn’t about Max. This is about you. Maria called and told me about your family. So, Max’s son Alex got married, do I have any grand nieces or nephews yet?” Isabel asked.

“Not yet,” Liz answered. “Did Maria tell you I had two more children?” Liz asked. Liz, Max and Kyle treated all the children the same. Liz always feared that others in the family might not be as open to that. Just because Max considered Jimmy and Maria Lynn as his children, would his sister be willing to do the same, especially if she was on the outs with Max anyway?

“Are they Max’s children or are they Kyle’s?” Isabel asked.

This was what Liz feared. She answered carefully. “Kyle is their father, but Max made legal and financial preparations to make sure all the children were well taken care of,” Liz stated.

“Never let it be said that my stupid-assed brother is more gracious than I. Tell me about my other nieces and nephews. Sorry, Liz about the stupid assed remark. I am still royally pissed off at Max,” Isabel requested.

“Well, Jimmy is 20 and he is at college on a baseball scholarship. Maria Lynn is coming up on 11 and she is in middle school. Isabel, do you know that Max has children on Antar also?” Liz asked.

“Oh my gosh! Does he have a woman in every port?” Isabel asked then before Liz could answer, “I am sorry Liz that didn’t sound too good. I didn’t mean to imply that you were only a casual women on the port Earth,” Isabel finished.

“That is okay, Isabel. Sometimes, I feel I am just his woman on Earth. He says that he has to have an heir on Antar and I have accepted that. When Kyle and I are having troubles in our relationship, I wonder how important I am to Max,” Liz sighed.

The two women talked for a time. There were comments about the elder Evans family. They had moved back east to be with Isabel and they had died a few years ago. Liz mentioned her family passing and said a few words about the sheriff, now retired and off somewhere with Maria’s mother. With the admonition, “let me know more when you hear anything more about Max,” Isabel hung up.

When Jesse came home that night, he found Isabel sitting at the kitchen table glaring at the phone. “I called Liz back. She is having a hard time, not financially, but emotionally,” she told her husband. Liz told me that Max said he had to have a family on Antar, so he has another woman and another family. Liz says that his oldest is a little less than four years younger than his son on Earth. That bastard is content on leaving problems across the universe,” she said to Jesse.

From the office of Prince Zan, the Third
To the King’s Regent, Kyle Valenti

The envelope was thick and it was addressed to Kyle personally. He opened it and found several smaller envelopes inside. The first one was addressed to the Family of the King

Kyle opened it and found a letter from Jenny. “Kyle,” she started. I think I have found a champion in the person of the king’s heir. If you keep your letters neutral, you may write me using this address. First, the king is badly injured. He is healing as fast as could be expected. His powers were seriously compromised. Second, I have been appointed as advisor to the prince’s security. Thirdly, I hope you are happy for me. I have entered into negotiation to be the first wife of a captain on the prince’s security.

Jenny

The letter was simple, but the invitation to continue communication was there. Kyle opened the next envelope which was marked Kyle Valenti Personal.

Kyle, I do hope you are happy for me. The Jenny you knew is no more. I could never return to Earth. The king was quite clear about that. Again I hope the queen was not upset about the pictures. I couldn’t bring my self to destroy any of them. The captain and I have gone on what I guess you would call a date. It is much harder to choose my words when I am in Antarian form. I brought the captain a great amount of excitement. The heir is a very well brought up Antarian. I think I will enjoy working with those who serve him. I am still very upset about Sissy. I am told that this is because of my human experience.

Thank you
Jenny

Kyle sat down and drafted a letter in return.

To the Office of Prince Zan, the Third
Attention Jenny

Jenny, I am very happy for you finding someone like the captain. I want to say that your experience with the military is typical in all societies when power structures are endangered. I am glad that you have a champion in the prince. I also feel terrible about Sissy. The queen has displayed both pictures on our bedroom wall. I am very glad that Max’s other son is a well-behaved young Antarian.

Kyle.

There were many things that Kyle would have liked to say to Jenny, but her warning was wise. Keep their correspondence neutral. That would be the safest thing to do.

-----------------------

“Hello,” the voice on the phone said.

“Laurie, this is Jimmy. Are you free this weekend?” he asked.

There was a several second delay. “Ah… yes, I can be.” She finally answered.

“I need to talk. Could I come up to Albuquerque?” Jimmy asked.

“Yes, I have a room mate, you know,” she simply stated.

“We can go for coffee or Eddie can drive us around,” Jimmy replied.

It was about three hours later, Christe Drew answered their door. She saw a young man in slacks wearing a sports jacket. “Is Laurie Kestler here?” he asked.

“You must be Jimmy Valenti. Come in she will be out in a minute. You aren’t at all like she described. Laurie said you always wore run down sneakers and baggy slacks. The jacket. Slacks and shoes don’t match up,” she explained.

“Yeah, things have been happening. I guess, I am dressed a little more formally tonight,” Jimmy stated.

“You drove all the way up from Las Cruces just to talk,” Christe sounded incredulous.

“Well, my driver did. I needed someone to talk to and Laurie is about my best friend,” Jimmy explained. He saw Christe raise her eyebrows.

Jimmy also saw the scowl Christe made as Laurie said, “I will see you later. Jimmy and I will probably be late getting back.”

“Your room mate doesn’t trust me,” Jimmy said.

“I think its me who she doesn’t trust,” Laurie replied. “Christe is the wild one. She considers herself to be a woman of the world. I don’t think she believes I can be trusted without a chaperone,” Laurie continued.

“I meant what I said, Laurie. I need to talk and there was no one I could trust back at Cruces. Max was hurt badly on his way home,” Jiimmy stated.

Laurie’s hands went to her mouth. “That is terrible! When you took me to see him he seemed so strong, so healthy. Why did it take so long for information to reach you of his injuries?” she asked.

“He is a long way off. As far as we can tell, his ship suffered a collision. The word is still sketchy. We don’t know more than that. We have almost no information as to what he could have hit. Dad has a personal friend who sent word privately. Those surrounding Max, are being very closed mouth about what happened,” Jimmy explained.

“Jimmy, I am so sorry. I can’t begin to understand your feelings towards Max. I did see that he was a very important figure to all of you. You said that Alex is Max’s son. How is he taking it? Does he have any intention of going to be with Max?” Laurie asked.

“He can’t, Laurie. Max is too far away for any of us to visit,” Jimmy softly said.

“Jimmy, the ‘Iron Curtain’ is down so I can’t imagine a place where any of you, as family, couldn’t rush to his side, especially given the circumstance that he has been injured. I guess there might be countries where Americans can’t visit. I wish all of you weren’t so secretive all the time,” Laurie stated.

“Laurie, you can’t imagine how much I wished we didn’t have secrets from each other. Too much knowledge is not safe,” Jimmy stated.

“You said I am the only friend you trusted. The Jimmy I know made friends very easily,” She remarked.

“The Jimmy you knew, might not exist any longer,” Jimmy murmured. “I am considering giving up my baseball scholarship. I am think of quitting baseball and taking Max’s legacy to finish my college. Baseball isn’t so important to me any longer,” Jimmy said.

“Oh, my, what is bringing all of this on? Is it Max being injured, or is it other things? Laurie asked.

“It’s many things, Laurie I have an aunt and uncle who haven’t spoken to Max or mom for almost 30 years. Mom contacted them about Max and the aunt, at least, is talking about coming home to see us. When Max left the first time, he really split the family,” Jimmy stated.

“Did they hold a grudge against your mother for something Max did?” Laurie asked incuriously.

“It’s all about Max, my family, Kyle taking care of mom and the rest of us when Max is gone and I imagine if they ever knew anything about Max returning those time they had chosen to ignore him. Aunt Isabel did tell mom that she wished she had known about Alex’s wedding. Alex was named after Aunt Isabel’s first real boyfriend, who was murdered,” Jimmy informed her.

“Murdered!” Laurie exclaimed. “Is this another of those secrets that your family have?”

“I don’t think this is a secret. There was a girl who was with all of them the last two years in high school. Mom had broken off with dad and was going with Max. This girl was doing everything she could to break Max and mom up. It gets even worse. For a while, this girl was living at my father’s house. As dad tells it, he had the hots for her. She still couldn’t see anyone but Max. Finally, Max gets her pregnant and she develops a plan to run off with him. This girl makes Aunt Isabel’s boyfriend help her. This gets him killed. I told you my family was very complicated,” Jimmy said.

“I would think your father would have welcomed her breaking up Max and Liz. I do think it strange that your father had feelings for her. Was Max destined to always take things away from your father?” Laurie asked.

“You have no idea,” Jimmy concluded. He did remain in Albuquerque the rest of the weekend and Laurie and Jimmy did go on a couple dates, nothing risqué or anything. Christe had nothing to worry about.

JKR 1981-2001
JJR 1975-
ken_r
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Regent, M/L & K/L adult, AU/aliens pg 5, Ch18, 1/28/2012

Post by ken_r »

keepsmiling7
begonia9508

Chapter 19

It had been sometime since any official information had arrived from Antar. Kyle had received a couple short messages from Jenny. Everything was getting better, the king was getting out and appearing before his people more often. There was information about the relationship between Jenny and her captain. As always, the messages, for safety sake, were very simple.

There was the day when a heavy envelope arrived. It was addressed to the queen.

The first thing Liz unpacked was a bound book. It had been bound and carefully engraved as “The Book of Kyle.” Next, Liz found a personal letter from the king.

------------------------

My dearest Queen:

The doctors say that I can no longer endure the transformation in to human form. You and Kyle have kept our arrangement, no matter what your personal sacrifice. I thank both of you for this. I have arranged one change in our agreement. Since I can no longer return, I have charged my people on Earth to give you an Earth divorce. The only request I make, is that you and Kyle get married officially. There will be no change in that you are and always will be the queen. The divorce will be for Earth law only. I hope you do not mind that you are still queen in the eyes of my people. The allowances we allow for all of our family will remained unchanged.

There is one more personal request I make as your king. The Antarians Kyle knew as Karen and Jenny, have been working closely with me. My heir is to take a queen soon and we want him to be the best king possible. This is especially important since my accident. Would you consent for my heir to live with you on Earth for a year? I want him to know his human family and I want him to learn human feelings. Karen and Jenny stress this as necessary for his education. If it is possible to contact Isabel and Michael, I would like them to take part in his education. Remember we are training a king to be the best person he can be.

No longer your husband, but forever your king

Love, Max (King Zander the Second)

----------------------------

For several hours Liz sat looking at the letter. It didn’t change. She needed to consult Kyle, but Max’s request was reasonable. Many of the Antarians had claimed that growing up on Earth had helped the current king achieve his greatness.

Liz shook the envelope. There was one more message in it. It was cribbed as that of a child, written with great difficulty, by someone not trained in English or in human writing.

-----------------

My dearest queen:
First wife, Antar, Zell

King says you are very good human. He assures me that you will accept and care for heir. Prince Zan is not like me. He learn English and writing communication since childhood. My advisor, says to say you, she known as Jenny. Advisor says queen and regent will love heir, as do the king and me. Advisor trained heir’s security. Son wants to give people and his coming queen the same that king gives me. King says you love all family. He says he love all family also. I ask you love family belong me as much as king loves all you, including regent.

Advisor says I end message with endearment and name

Love within king,
Zell

When Kyle came back home, Liz hadn’t moved from the messages. Without a word, she handed the three pacakages to Kyle. The “Book of Kyle,” he tossed on the table, but the letter from the king and the letter from the first wife, he studied for a long time. Putting the letters down, Kyle looked at Liz for some comment. Liz sat, her hands folded in her lap. She was afraid to say anything. “Do you want to get our marriage legalized?” Kyle finally asked.

“Kyle, after 20 years, do you still want me as your wife?” Liz said so softly he could barely hear her.

“Jimmy is getting serious with his girl in Albuquerque. This summer they will both be back here. It might help if he can introduce you as Mrs. Valenti. As Max said, this has nothing to do with the universe. Max is giving a writ of divorcement on Earth only. We both have our responsibility to Alex and his family. I don’t think this would make any difference. Then, Kyle again picked up the king’s letter. This second part, what do you think?” he asked.

“What kind of child do you think he would be?” Liz asked.

“Well, let’s see. He would be somewhere between Alex’s age and Jimmy’s. My friend, Jenny, says he is a well brought up Antarian,” Kyle started.

Liz thought, “Kyle refers to her as his friend. That would be like me saying that Max or Kyle were just my friends. I wonder what he really thinks of when he remembers her and that month they spent together.”

Kyle continued. “When Jenny was here, I could only think of her as completely human. We know that Antarians think differently than humans. We can only wonder what she means by that. He is a well brought up Antarian.”

“Kyle, this is the letter from Max’s Antarian wife. Max once told me that my position as queen would never be taken by another. I can only wonder how she feels being the mother of the heir and never his queen. She seems to be begging us to take him and to love him as she says the same as she and the king. She seems embarrassed at how little she knows about humans and English. She, also, seems so proud that the heir can speak and write Earth communications,” Liz explained.

“Jenny told me that those on Antar who serve the king, consider whatever service they can give as an honor. She, also, told me not to tribute human emotions to Antarians, unless they are in human form. Maybe, the wife of the king accepts the honor of serving the king and doesn’t hold jealously to you or to Max having a family here on Earth. I know you had trouble with his Antarian family, at first,” Kyle stated. Then, Kyle said as an after thought, “Can you accept the son of Max by another woman as your stepson? Can you be as open and loving to him as you are to your own sons and your daughter?”

Kyle had been accepting another’s son for years. Kyle had never made any difference in Alex or Jimmy when the boys were growing up. Kyle’s attitude contributed a lot to Alex’s bond with Jimmy. Whether she is human or gray, in most progressive species, a mother has a lot of concern for her child. How could Liz turn down the last major request from Max? How could Liz turn from the emotions she read in the letter from his wife on Antar? Liz kept telling herself that the king lived under different rules. Then, she thought, taking Max’s heir, she would have a great deal of credit to shaping the next king. Maybe, that is what Max wanted. Letters were sent the next day.

---------------------

“Hey look, you two. If you decide to park, go get a room. I don’t care if you do have Kato driving you. It isn’t safe out there,” Christe said.

Jimmy wasn’t a fan of comics, but even he understood the reference to Kato, the sidekick and driver of the Green Hornet comic and movie. Laurie was terribly embarrassed. “Christe, it isn’t like that, I told you,” she said.

Christe piped right back. “If it isn’t like that, it should be! You two are made for each other. Why don’t you accept it and move on?” she said.

Jimmy had been driving up from Las Cruces almost every weekend. It should be said that Eddie had driven him up. Jimmy didn’t know if Eddie would understand the reference to Kato, and he knew that Christe had no idea of what Eddie could actually do. Many thoughts flashed through his mind at the words of Christe. He couldn’t help but wonder what Laurie would be like in bed. She kept saying that she was waiting until she was actually in love before giving up her virginity.

Jimmy took out a set of brochures. They were restaurant menus, movie schedules and other things he had put together that were happening that weekend. He handed them to Laurie. She took them, but except for picking out a restaurant, she didn’t look at any of them closely. Jimmy pushed an intercom button and instructed Eddie where to go. Laurie was still in kind of a daze. Something was bothering her. Finally, as they were driving up to Gardunos Fine Mexican Food and Cantina, Laurie said, “Jimmy, in high school you were known as the stud. Half the girls in school were trying to get laid by you. Yet, I have made it quite clear that I am not interested until I am in love with someone. Am I some sort of challenge, the one girl you can’t get or what?”

“My step father would say, ‘I don’t do challenges.’ He, then, would say, ‘I am very serious about what I do.’ My father had the reputation of being super stud when he was in high school. He says he was saved by another man’s wife. I don’t know someone else’s wife so I saved myself. My half brother got married and this was important enough for my stepfather to come home. Life isn’t about keeping score. It isn’t about gaining a reputation, except for being a good man, others can admire. I’ll bet my half brother hasn’t had a half dozen dates in his life, but the girl he brought home was accepted by the family as someone really special. That is what I want. You met some of my family after high school graduation. I am hoping that some day, you might come home with me to meet as many of the rest of them, as you can,” Jimmy stated.

“And, why would I want to do that?” Laurie asked.

“Because, I hoping that someday you will see that I have fallen in love with you. I just don’t want my family to scare you off,” He explained.

“You did say that your step father, Max, can’t ever return didn’t you?” Laurie asked.

“Yes, but my family will have a houseguest this next year. Max is sending his son, the royal heir to live with my folks for a year.” Jimmy replied.

“Is he going to be going to school while he is here?” Laurie asked.

“I don’t think so, in any college he would know more physics than any of the professors. I think he mainly wants to learn about people. He needs to be wise if he is to rule in the future. Maybe this summer you can help me show him around. He is younger than Alex, but older than me. It might be an adventure.” Jimmy concluded.

I am not sure what you mean rule or royal. Is he destined for congress or something?” Laurie asked.

“Yeah, something like that,” Jimmy stated.

JKR 1981-2001
JJR 1975-
ken_r
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Regent, M/L & K/L adult, AU/aliens pg 5, Ch19, 2/4/2012

Post by ken_r »

begonia9508
mary mary
keepsmiling7

Chapter 20

Left up to her roommate, Christe, a June wedding would be in the works. The whole weekend bothered Laurie. Everyone in high school knew that there was something strange about Jimmy. The locker room groupies all thought he had the magic elixir to sex. Some of his team members had tried to press Jimmy for his secret.

Jimmy was a jock or at least he played in all the seasonal sports. Jimmy also had grades that were up there with the valedictorian. There were many of the team who had good grades, but they would be the first to admit that between practice and the extra homework the accelerated classes handed out, they were bushed by midnight when they finally fell into a sleep. Jimmy, never, seemed to be bothered by extra practice or demanding homework. He still found time to care for the hotties, who had neither practice or hard homework. To Laurie when she first set out with Jimmy it was an excursion on the wild side. She figured he would make a pass and she would walk away. Their discussions of literature surprised Laurie and that led to another date. Laurie had, up front, told Jimmy that she wasn’t going to take a tumble until she found some one she was in love with. That, Jimmy was seen to avoid his fans behind the locker room, along with his statement last night about falling in love with her, was upsetting. Laurie was well aware that boys had professed undying love ever since the time when, Romeo screwed Juliette, if they wanted to get into a girls pants. That didn’t seem to fit Jimmy. He seemed too honest to be on a course of seduction. He was so family oriented. Now, that was another thing. His family was taking a house guest who the words ‘royal’ and ‘rule’ had described. Jimmy had asked her to help show this guest around the next summer.

This had been one of the few weekends he hadn’t headed up to Albuquerque to spend with Laurie. Liz had called him requesting he be home for the welcoming of Max’s heir. Jimmy had no idea of what to expect. He had seen enough movies of, unprincipled little rich boys. He was facing a future king of billions, maybe trillions of people, an alien beside with totally different morals and ethics. Max had made the request and mom and dad tried to honor whatever request Max made. Sometime, Jimmy thought that they had bought into Max being king as much as the Antarians they constantly worked with. Jimmy respected Max, but he had explained to him that he had his own road to travel. Would this kid bring havoc to his mom and dad? Jimmy’s mind rattled through all the things that could go wrong. Jimmy didn’t know how Maria Lynn felt, but he was the least, in the family, impressed by anything alien. All Jimmy really knew was that Max brought sadness to Kyle, his father.

The few times, Jimmy stopped by going to Albuquerque or returning after seeing Laurie, he had seen the house of his parents, in turmoil. There had been this mysterious room. He and Alex had picked the lock a long time ago. As they got older, they understood that this was the room where Max took Liz when he was home. When he questioned his mom, she simply said, “The room of the king is being made over into an apartment for Prince Zander. The last time he and Alex broke into the room, the erotic nature of the bedroom was well understood.

There was that final nail in the coffin that allowed the king to return. Jimmy knew that Max had released his mom from their marriage. Jimmy had stood with his parents when they had a simple wedding before civil authorities. Now, Liz was a bundle of nerves. Kyle was holding one arm and Kaittie was holding the other.

Everyone clearly heard the limo drive up in front. There was a slamming of the car doors and you could hear the footsteps as they approached the house. There was a firm, but gentle knock on the door and one of the Antarians opened it. A young woman, in a tight black skirt that stopped right at her knees, along with a black suit jacket over a ruffled white blouse stepped in. Her severe uniform shouted security, along with the earwig seen as she turned her head and the little pig tail of a microphone peeping out from her sleeve. She spoke. “May I present, Prince Zander the Third of Antar and other parts of the empire.” Her announcement was not shouted, but she was so clear that everyone heard her perfectly.

A young man walked behind her, dressed in a dark gray suit. He could have been a business man starting out on Wall Street. He walked to where Liz and Kyle were standing. “The king has commanded me to present myself under your care as my parents.” His voice was clear, but Jimmy thought he was very scared.

Jimmy thought, why shouldn’t he be scared. As heir, he probably hadn’t been allowed to be very adventurous.

Liz took both of his hands, pressed them together and then pressed them to her lips. “Zander, welcome to our home. This is your step brother, Jimmy. As soon as we can, we will arrange for you to meet the rest of your family.”

Kaittie stepped forward. “Would the prince and his escort care to be shown to their apartment? I am sure the trip has been tiring,” she said. The prince nodded and as quickly as he had arrived, he was shown upstairs to what used to be the room of the king.

Several men of security entered carrying the prince’s luggage. Sabbie led them up the stairs to place the bags beside the door.

When Kaittie turned to where Kyle and Liz were standing, Liz asked her, “Were we supposed to arrange quarters for the girl who is the prince’s escort?”

Kaittie’s hand went to her mouth, a gesture she had mimicked from some one on Earth. “My lady, forgive me. We are so used to customs of home that we forgot you didn’t know. The lady with the prince is his escort. She will stay with him almost all the time until he is married. Then she will stay with his family as security and advisor. Accommodation has been made within his apartment.

----------------------------------

In the apartment, as soon as the door was closed, Latreese ran to her prince. “Its all right,” she said. Of course, she said all of this in the strange language of Antar. “My prince, you stood up well. You met your family and I think you made a good impression.”

Zander held her closely. She was the same age as he. They had been playmates for most of their short lives. She was the one person who knew all of his secrets and passions. While the prince had been educated to be a scientist and leader, Latreese had undergone extensive training in self defense. As Zander learned about Earth from his father and those who had returned from there, Latreese had studied under Karen and later Jenny. There was no doubt that Latreese could protect the prince and with what she had learned from lovers of the regent, she was sure that she could guide him through the trials before him. Zander was clearly shedding tears. Latreese was the only one he ever felt could see him like this. “Its all right my prince. We will get through this together,” she whispered.

--------------------------------

Liz spoke. “What do you think?” she asked.

“He seems nice enough. I wonder what that girl means to him?” Jimmy stated.

“I guess that is one of the things we will have to learn,” Liz responded. Then, she turned to Kyle. “One of the things I want you to do is to teach him to play ball.”

Kyle looked up at her. “Why?” he asked.

“The first time Max returned, he said that he regretted that he would never see his Antarian son play ball. I have been thinking that there must be some sort of visual medium on Antar. Maybe, we could get visuals of Zander after he gets the fundamentals,” Liz suggested.

Kyle nodded. “Maybe, we can try something this weekend and see where we go from there,” Kyle mused. It was true that aliens were quick learners. In their human forms, they usually had quicker reflexes and they were very good at applying their physics to real life situations.

Jimmy knew that he was going to have to undertake some of the entertainment or was it education of the prince. He was wondering what the girl who had gone up to the prince’s room with him was. If she was a companion, then maybe, Jimmy could meet them in Albuquerque and he and Laurie could show them around.

Kaittie softly knocked on the prince’s door and Latreese answered. Kaittie entered and laid out slacks, a polo shirt and slip on shoes. She also laid out slacks and a light sweater for Lateese. Lateese would have some light canvas shoes to wear down to dinner. As Kaittie quietly backed out of the room, she said in a clear, but subdued voice, “Dinner in one hour.”

As the couple walked down the stairs with Latesse hanging on his arm, it was seen that the tight hairdo she had worn that afternoon was gone. Now, her hair was in a ponytail. She looked even younger without the security uniform. Liz took the prince’s other arm and led him to the place they would be seated at the table. Even Jimmy was impressed as the prince stepped back holding the chair for his companion. They all heard her say, “Thank you, Zander.”

It was a few minutes, when they heard her taking two steps at a time and Maria Lynn entered. She had been at music lessons when Zander and Latreese arrived. Maria stopped and looked at Latresse. Then she turned to Zander. “I am your sister, Maria Lynn. You surely have a pretty girlfriend.”

They were all a bit embarrassed, but Latreese took her hands and said, “Thank you sweet heart, you are a very pretty young lady yourself.” Karen and Jenny had schooled her well.

The conversation around the table was mostly questions to the Antarians about the health of the king, how was the wife of the king taking having her son so far away and other like things. Liz thought, Zander probably hadn’t yet realized the trauma his mother felt with him leaving. Liz told of having first Alex leaving for school and later his getting married. Then, she told of Jimmy being so close, but still so far away. Kyle made a remark that most of Jimmy’s weekends were spent with a certain girl. Latreese was storing much of what was said so she could later ask for better explanations.

That night as they were all getting ready for bed, Liz was checking on the fresh linens in the upstairs bathrooms. The kings apartment would be cared for by the person chosen to care for the prince. As Liz was standing in one bathroom stacking towels on the shelf, she heard Kaittie talking to someone in the prince’s apartment. The second voice was definitely female, so Liz was sure that it was Latreese. “Do you wish me to prepare you for the prince?” a voice, which Liz was sure was Katttie’s asked.

The second voice answered, “Not tonight, thank you. The prince and I are tired and he has decided that we will just go to bed.”

The words, prepared for the prince brought back to Liz the times she was prepared for the king. She was going to have to have a talk with Kaittie about who and what Latreese actually was to the prince. So far, Liz knew that Latreese had been the playmate of the prince. They were about the same age. Latreese had undergone an extensive program of personal defense training so she was an important part of the prince’s security. Latreese had been personally trained by the two women who the Antarians called, ‘the companions of the regent.’ They were the women who had been with Kyle while Liz graced the bed of the king. Liz thought, was Latreese a throwaway part of the prince’s life or did she have some other much more important function? This was a part of Antarian culture that Liz would have to study.

As Liz was finishing her late night chores, she saw Kaittie sitting at the kitchen table drinking coffee. That was one of the principle exports of an unknowing Earth to the people of Antar. “You are not going home to your mate, Kaittie?” Liz asked.

Kaittie gave a little smile and used the honorific to indicate that her comments were official. “No, m’lady. Until I train Sabbie and Lillie to care for the prince and his…” Kaittie stumbled here, indicating she was searching for a word. “Companion,” was the word Kaittie settled on.

Liz was very careful as she asked, “Kaittie, am I permitted to ask exactly what is the relationship between the prince and Latreese?”

“Of course, m’lady,” Kaittie seemed pleased that she could forget duty for a minute, while informing the queen who, after all, was a close friend. “You already know she is security, and advisor. She was intensely trained by Antarians who had lived on Earth. She is his companion, how do you say, … concubine? She cares for and pleasures the prince until he takes a wife. Sometimes, the prince takes her as his queen. She is always important to his family even after marriage.”

Liz raised her eyebrows. “That seems strange to us here on Earth,” she remarked.

Kaittie looked surprised. “But, that was what you were, m’lady,” she exclaimed. You advised and cared for the king when he was young and you pleasured him when he became of age. The king chose you as his queen. That was his right,” Kaittie explained.

Liz was still wrapping her mind around this information, now information about herself. “Will she be permitted to have her own family, as I have done?” Liz asked.

“That will depend on circumstances. You were far, far, away. It was thought by everyone on Antar that it would be cruel for you to be alone except for the infrequent time you had with the king. You and the chosen regent were special. The king wanted both of you to remain close to him, but he wanted both of you to have your own families. It is reported that A queen has already been purchased for the prince. Latreese will, in all probability, remain with the prince’s family. The queen will probability not be allowed to come to Earth. In that case, Latreese will the one who accompanies him. She might be allowed to have children, if the king so desires it,” Kaittie finished her explanation. When, she said, “The new queen will not be allowed to come to Earth,” would come back later, to Liz.

Liz stood up, “Well, Kaittie good luck with your training so you can return to your mate,” Liz said as she prepared to go upstairs to bed.

“It is not a chore, m’lady. Everything I do for the prince and his companion, will make rewards later in how he rules. I am helping fashion the future of Antar,” Kaittie said with pride.

JKR 1981-2001
JJR 1975-
ken_r
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Regent, M/L & K/L adult, AU/aliens pg 6, Ch20, 2/11/2012

Post by ken_r »

mary mary
keepsmiling7
begonia9508: This comes from the episode where Max makes Cal change to get into the flying saucer. Third season. Antarians can change to bodies that can stand space. Humans can't.

Author's note: There is something that our government is not telling us. We must ask, can human bodies stand weightless space?

Chapter 21

“Its like this,” Kyle said as he adjusted the glove on Zander’s hand. “The object of this exercise is to watch the ball and position your hand to catch the ball in the glove. Then, you take the ball and throw it with just enough speed to get to the next person.”

Kyle and Jimmy stood a few yards apart gently throwing the ball back and forth. Then at a signal from Jimmy, Kyle moved back several more yards. Kyle held up his glove and Jimmy burned it in. The smack the ball made in the glove startled both Zander and Latreese. Kyle changed the ball to his right hand and threw it back to Jimmy. At one time, Kyle could throw a pretty mean ball himself. With bursitis and age, he had slowed a bit.

Liz and Latesse sat under a tree as the men practiced. Zander was awkward at first, but soon he could get the ball to the person waiting to receive it and he was catching most of those thrown to him.

On the way home, Jimmy was walking with an arm around both of his parents. Behind them, he heard Latreese and Zander talking. “Kyle said that he taught Physical Education. I couldn’t understand what he meant. Now I see. Kyle teaches bodies to use an intuitive physics to control their actions. It’s not unlike when we first see signs of sparking and we teach children not to spark or let loose power blasts by accident. I can hear old Professor Zottas. ‘They teach skills they used when they were hunting and gathering.’ I see that these are skills Antarians ignore, but humans have made games out of them. Jimmy said the king was pretty fair at throwing and catching. The queen says that when I get good, she wants to send a record back to the king. It has something about him wishing that he could see me doing this a long time ago.”

Liz and Jimmy were laughing as they heard the enthusiasm of the two behind them.

“My stepbrother has his girlfriend with him. He wants to see a ballgame. I promised that I would take him to an “Isotopes” game in Albuquerque,” Jimmy said over the phone.

Laurie knew that Jimmy was talking about the team housed in Albuquerque. Long time ago, the team had been called the Albuquerque Dukes. That had been a fitting name, because the city had been named after the ‘Duke of Alburquerque,’ Francisco Fernández, the founder of the city in the late 1600s. The city changed the spelling of it’s name and the name, Dukes, got caught up in a franchise and was bought by a different team. The atomic research, both at the university and at one of the primary facilities of research south of the city showed the importance of the city to atomic energy. thus the atomic inference of Isotope. Laurie was not a fan of baseball, but the idea of opening a new experience to another, intrigued her. Jimmy continued, “We can, maybe, catch a dinner at one of the casinos and show them a weekend on the town.”

“Is this girl your companion?” Latresse asked.

“Not yet,” Jimmy answered. “I have only known her a little over a year, but if things go well, maybe, she will be my companion before the summer is out.”

“Is there something wrong with her that she doesn’t realize the honor of being the companion of someone in a royal family?” Latreese inquired.

“I don’t think she sees it as a honor, yet. That is what I want to talk to you about. I haven’t had time to completely explain Antarians to her. I want to wait until we understand each other better,” Jimmy explained. “So no royal or king stuff, Okay?”

Both of the couple nodded. They were both excited at seeing a baseball game and to see romantic movements of humans.

Zander and Latreese had taken a suit at the Sheridan Hotel. Jimmy had taken a single room. Jimmy took the couple driving about Albuquerque pointing out historic places to the couple. “The city is over 400 years old,” Jimmy stated as he pointed out churches and locations, which had significance to the age of the city.

“Many of our cities are over 4000 years old,” Latesse stated.

“That is because you are an old culture. Our world has endured many waves of colonization. The current one for this location is only a few hundred years ago. 4000 years ago, we have little evidence of a culture in this part of our world. We still are a young society. That is what the king wants you to experience and bring back to Antar, the excitement of being young,” Jimmy explained.

They stopped at McDonalds for quarter pounders and supersized fries. Jimmy carried a small bottle of Tabasco in his pocket. “The king always thought our food rather bland. Try this, he did,” Jimmy suggested.

It was the Coca Cola that the couple were really enthused about. “This has the same effect that your coffee does,” Zander remarked.

“You will find that much of our food has caffeine added to it. We are used to it, but some say caffeine enhances the flavor,” Jimmy explained.

Eddie had driven up to the girl’s dormitory at the university. “Does, Laurie live with her family in such a big house?” asked Latreese.

“No, this is what is called a dormitory. When students go away from home, they are allotted a single room in which to sleep and study. It is not even a complete single room because most of the time, they have to share the room with someone else,” Jimmy explained.

“Do you live in a dormitory with someone else?” Asked Zander.

“Yeah, he’s kind of a dumb shit, he spends most of his time in bars getting drunk with alcohol. He will probably get kicked out of school for not working hard enough and then, I will have to break in a new room mate,” Jimmy said.

Latreese spoke up. “Wouldn’t it have been wiser to look for an intended companion at the college where you attend?”

Jimmy laughed. “I met Laurie back in Roswell. We had already made plans to attend the different schools. I liked her too much to look else where,” he stated.

“You mean it is like the king finding his companion on Earth and then leaving for Antar. I think he calls it something of the heart,” Zander commented.

“Exactly,” Jimmy answered.

Zander and Latreese waited in the car while Jimmy entered the building. When he came out, he was proceeded by a bouncing blonde lady. She walked up to the car and stuck her hand through the window. “Howdy, I am Christe, Laurie’s room mate. Jimmy said he had his step-brother and his girlfriend waiting. I just had to come out and say my hellos. Look, you two do anything to get these two together and you have my blessings. They won’t take my word that they are made for each other,” Christe said.

“Christe, what will Jimmy’s family think of me?” Laurie said.

“Well, they would think a lot more if you two would get together and then you would be part of their family, also,” Christe snapped.

Laurie was terribly embarrassed, but Jimmy whispered. “Don’t worry about it, Zander and Latreese have good senses of humor. Laurie this is my brother, Zander and his girl, Latreese. Guys, this is my friend, Laurie,” Jimmy said.

In the back ground, “Humh,” was heard, “More than friend, if you would listen to me,” from Christe.

Laurie slid into the backward facing seat of the limousine leaving room for Jimmy to slide in beside her. “Please don’t pay much attention to Christe; she is one of those people who try to run everybody’s life.

Latreese looked at Zander. “We surely understand that don’t we?” she said.

Zander smiled at Latreese, “I think we find those people no matter where in the universe we travel.”

Laurie smiled, “Well, thank you. So you are part of Jimmy’s family that he is so secretive about.”

Latreese nodded her head. “It’s not that he is secretive; it is that Jimmy’s family is very complicated. I think someday he will tell you everything.”

Latreese looked at Jimmy and he could swear that she was giving her approval. As Eddie drove them to the ball field, Jimmy’s hand found Laurie’s. Latreese was chatting with Laurie about her school and her family. Jimmy saw that Latreese had been well trained in social matters. She covered for many things that Zander would have liked to ask, but he didn’t know how to frame the question, properly.

Seated at the ballpark, Jimmy, Laurie, Zander with Latreese on the far side, Jimmy saw another surprise in Laurie. “The ball team, the Isotopes is what is called a farm team. This is a team where players are perfecting their skills before going on to what is called the majors. Many years ago almost every town had its own ball team. That was when baseball was called America’s sport. Now with television, there are fewer teams. We are lucky in Albuquerque that we have a fairly good team,” she lectured.

When the game started, it was seen that Zander and Latreese chattered constantly. They both had an excitement that neither Jimmy nor Laurie could feel. As the game progressed, hawkers of hot dogs and peanuts came by. Each time, Jimmy purchased for everybody. The man with a tray of warm beer came by and to her surprise, Jimmy waved him on. Laurie wasn’t into warm beer but she had seen that it was almost a male rite of passage at a ball game to indulge. Laurie had seen Jimmy drink very little, but here Jimmy didn’t even budge. It was the Coke boy who Jimmy cornered and soon with the hot dogs, peanuts and almost cool Cokes the four indulged in the cuisine of the sport. When the beer man had left Zander leaned to Laurie, “What was he selling?” he asked.

“Beer,” she said and then at his frown, she added, “A mildly alcoholic beverage. Don’t you have beer in your home country?” she asked.

Zander shook his head. “For us, it would be too dangerous.”

It was in the fifth inning when Laurie leaned over to Latreese and whispered, “Would you like to accompany me to the ladies restroom?”

Latreese looked at Zander and he nodded. “Yes, very much,” she answered.

They were washing their hands preparing to leave as Laurie said. “In the seventh inning, they have an intermission and that is when most of the fans run for the restrooms. I went to games a few times with my dad and he always took me to the restroom before the crowd got up,” she explained.

Latreese looked at her and said, “I was trying to figure out how to ask where this facility was. I still haven’t learned all the things that are acceptable to talk about and those which aren’t.” The two women, for several minutes were repairing their make up. That was something that Latreese had learned from Jenny and Karen. When they had dried their hands and stepped outside the facility, Latreese couldn’t hold it back. “What do you think of Jimmy?” she asked.

Laurie was surprised at the directness of Latreese’s question. “I … think I like him very much. My question is, can I trust him?” laurie asked.

“Latreese could not hide her unbelief. “Trust him. I don’t think Jimmy is capable of lying to anyone who wasn’t an enemy.”

“Well, when Jimmy was in high school, he was known as the guy with a different girl every day. There was this place where the faculty couldn’t see and the jocks, that is guys who play sports, would take their girls for sex. Jimmy never went there with the same girl twice in a row,” Laurie explained.

“But, Laurie, Jimmy didn’t have a companion. I have been with Zander since we were children. When it came time, we became what I think you call lovers. Zander doesn’t ever have the need to go to anyone else. I will remain with him as this until he is married,” Latreese explained.

Laurie looked at the woman beside her. “Do you and Zander intend to get married?” she asked.

“Oh, no, that isn’t allowed. A wife has already been chosen for Zander, but I will remain with him as his advisor and, from time to time, I again will be his companion,” Latreese further explained.

“How can you live with a man who makes no promises to give you a home?” Laurie asked.

“Oh, Zander will always give me a home. I will be the chief advisor to his wife. She will be raised to… Forgive me. Jimmy asked me not to talk about this,” Latreese suddenly stopped. Then she started again. directing the talk back to Laurie and Jimmy. “Laurie, do you love Jimmy?”

Laurie stood looking at the game playing out on the field. “I think I do. It is that trust thing. Do you think Jimmy has some one at Las Cruces?” she asked Latreese.

Latreese shook her head. “Jimmy, no, no, he will only have one companion. He hopes that companion is you and he hopes you become his wife.”

“Has he said something like that?” Laurie asked.

“Not in so many words. Understand, before I am allowed to be companion to Zander, coming to your country, I have to study those I will be staying with. Jimmy’s stepfather, Zander’s father, only allows me to be companion to his son if I excel in all I study. I am Zander’s security, his advisor and his companion. I know as much as possible about his half brother. If you turn Jimmy down, he will probably find another, but will you ever find another Jimmy?” Latreese stated.

With that, the women, returned to their seats just as the seventh inning stretch began.

JKR 1981-2001
JJR 1975-
ken_r
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Regent, M/L & K/L adult, AU/aliens pg 6, Ch21, 2/19/2012

Post by ken_r »

mary mary: Think of Prince Charles, FDR, JFK or even Bill Clinton. Many marriages don't have that close possessive component, at least on both sides. At least in human form, Zander will have trouble keeping his two emotions separate.

keepsmiling7: Latreese was told to be careful what she said. She is just so inquisitive about human relations, maybe seen soon in problems rising in her own station.

begonia9508

Chapter 22

They returned Laurie to the dorm with the statement that they would return about six o’clock that evening. Jimmy and the prince with Latreese returned to their rooms. Jimmy and Zander were waiting in the lobby for Latreese to join them. They didn’t have to dress formally, but the casino where they were to dine was far from casual. In keeping with the plans to give the prince as many varied experiences as possible, the floor show Jimmy had picked would be one of the few big jazz bands still existing. Jimmy wasn’t a musician by far. He did like music, but he had never studied it as had Laurie. Laurie played piano and Jimmy didn’t know what other instruments.

Neither Jimmy nor the prince were prepared for Latreese when she descended the stairs. Liz had taken Latreese shopping many times as part of her education. She had helped Latreese pick out the dress she was to wear this night. The sparkly hose she wore were evident to the men as they gazed at her descent. The dress reaching just to her knees allowed the sparkles to be seen half way up her thighs, as she walked down the stairs. The creamy white skin she showed above the bust line took the prince’s breath away. The woman he had seen so many times naked in his bed displayed thus, made him wish that he could have annulled the already signed contract and made Latreese, his queen.

It would not be for the prince to make decisions based on his human form. True, the king had done so, but when Max left for Antar, it was to rise to be king. When Zander returned to Antar he was returning as just a prince. In his Antarian form, he was sure that the contracts of politics and custom would seem reasonable. For now, Zander could feel his loins throb as his companion for the time approached him. Who ever had arranged this choice for a companion had indeed been wise.

When Christe had learned where Laurie was headed this night, she had pulled in many favors. Laurie was a student and going to dine at the casino was not within her budget, much less in her plans. Many a sorority girl had depended on Christe for tutoring in many subjects to keep their grade average up. Now Christe had demanded payback. The time Laurie had between the game and Jimmy returning that evening had been spent at the sorority house being outfitted by Christe’s clients.

Jimmy, with the typical male lack of understanding, was pleased at the results as he guided Laurie down to the limo. He had no idea of what went into preparing his date for the evening. Later, he would talk about the queen being prepared for the king, without realizing that Laurie had already undergone something like that for him. The black of Latreese’s dress had set off her complexion. Laurie was wearing a light blue dress which made her natural tan from Roswell take on a healthy glow.

Jimmy had no idea of the age shown on the prince’s or Latreese’s identification, but he knew that his and Laurie’s ages were nineteen. That might have caused a problem, but the Antarian government had arranged their table with the understanding that no alcohol would be served.

Menus were a time for active discussion. The vegetable or animal that the cut originally came from, to the method of preparation made Jimmy many times raise his open palm to indicate that they needed more time in making their choice. Now, Laurie had joined in the discussion with her knowledge of nutrition. Jimmy didn’t care. Give him a steak, a baked potato and end it with apple pie, and he was satisfied.

As dinner went on and the floorshow started, Zander was remarking about the mathematics of music. Laurie was agreeing about the mathematics, but she was countering with the limitations of the musical instruments. If the music was pleasing to him, that was all Jimmy cared about. Latreese, as usual, was trying to pack all the discussions into her mind for later analysis. Jimmy reached out and taking Laurie’s hand, he led her to the dance floor. Jimmy wasn’t any ‘American Idol’ or “dancing with the stars’ winner, but he could keep from stumbling over his own feet and keep reasonable time to the music. After a few songs, Jimmy looked back and saw that his guests were intently watching them. It was Laurie who led them back to their table and held out her hand to Zander. “Come on, Zan. If you catch on as fast as Jimmy says you caught on to baseball, this will be a snap. She led him to a relatively un-crowded part of the dance floor and soon had him doing a slow jitterbug and a couple other slow dances. Not to be out done, Jimmy took Latreese by the hand. At first, he was taken back by the tenseness he felt as he led her. Latreese had never been in the arms of another man. Jimmy hadn’t explained what he wanted. “Latreese, Zander is going to return and want to dance with you. I am no Laurie, but I can get you started.” Once she understood, Jimmy felt her soft and pliable in his arms. Jimmy thought, pity the soul who thinks Latreese is a push over and affronts her some night. She would tear him a new one before he could explain.

Once back at their table, Laurie and Jimmy soon saw their pupils gliding like stars themselves. Jimmy thought that these aliens have a remarkable talent in learning new things.

As they were sitting alone at their table Laurie spoke, “After we take Zander and Latreese back to the hotel, take me somewhere we can talk. I don’t mean the back of that limo, either. I want to see you as I get some answers I have needed too long.”

Jimmy nodded. He had been expecting this conversation. He hadn’t known until now, when or how it would come. It was around midnight when they finally decided to return home. Zander was looking at Latreese in a way she had never seen him do. Jimmy explained that He and Laurie wanted some time together. The two Antarians nodded expecting that time to be spent in a totally different way than Jimmy and Laurie had intended.

Laurie had already decided where they were going. The lobby of the Student Union building stood open all night on the weekends. There were plenty of corners where a couple could sit and make decisions about their futures.

“I want to start with who Max is?” Laurie began.

“He is a powerful leader of a huge corporation,” Jimmy began.

“Where is this corporation?” Laurie interrupted. “Don’t give me that far, far, away crap. I want latitude and longitude,” she demanded.

Jimmy shook his head. “I can’t give you that. If we go over to the library I can look up the Right Ascension and the Declination for you on a star chart,” Jimmy stated.

“Latreese said you would never lie to me. What do you mean with astronomical locations?” Laurie asked.

“Do you think all those alien references in Roswell are only Chamber of Commerce hype?” Jimmy asked in return. Then, Jimmy became very serious. “Laurie, we can quit now. I can return you to your dorm and with a goodnight kiss, walk out of your life. So far, all you have is a half assed remark about astronomical locations. If we go further, then things will get intense between us quickly. You have to decide if that is what you want.”

“You mean you will walk away from our relationship, just like that?” Laurie said as she snapped her fingers.

“No, I mean the doorway will be closed for us to take our relationship any further,” Jimmy explained.

“You aren’t going to tell me who Max is and where he is from?” Laurie asked.

“I will if you want me to continue,” jimmy said simply.

It was almost ten minutes that Laurie sat looking at Jimmy. Finally, she said, “Okay, tell me all about your family.”

Jimmy had to smile. Even though he believed she would make the right decision, at least in his eyes, he still was taking a chance. “Max is an alien king. He was sent here as a boy to hide him. Liz is a daughter of Roswell who fell in love with that alien boy. My father, Kyle was Liz’s first boyfriend. She ditched him over Max. There were several other aliens and they since then have scattered. Max and my mother were married just before AlexZander was born. Max was called home and my mother became to Max what Latreese is to Zander, with the exception since Max was recalled to become king, he named my mother queen. Humans can’t endure space travel. So Max went back to her former boyfriend and asked him to be the regent. To Max this meant he would stand in place as mother’s lover as well as taking care of her and her family. That is the way I was born as well as my sister, Maria Lynn. Zander is Max’s heir on that planet far, far away. Max can’t return because of medical reasons, like I told you. He sent Zander to Earth to learn to be a better king. Tonight, you were preparing to better the throne of Antar with what you were teaching Zander,” Jimmy explained.

“You mean teaching Zander to dance improved the throne at wherever this place is?” Laurie asked.

“That, the baseball, arguing over politics, food and music. All of these things help Zander to broaden his views and Max says that is what the throne of Antar needs.

“Is Latreese going to be Zander’s queen?” Laurie asked. Then, she went on, “Latreese loves Zander very much.”

Jimmy shook his head sadly. “No, Zander is only a prince and he must give in to the politics of his kingdom. A queen has already been selected for him. Latreese will remain his concubine, advisor and companion. She might even have some of his children, someday. The queen will be the one who brings forth the heir for Zander. That is the way of their world,” Jimmy said.

Jimmy knew that there was no male accounting for the way a woman’s mind worked, so he was quiet as Laurie digested what he had told her. He wasn’t expecting her next question. “You were the super stud of Roswell High. Why haven’t you made a pass at me?” she asked.

That was not what Jimmy was expecting, this switching from discussing Max and other aliens to her personal relationship with him. “You once said you didn’t want any one night, or, in my case any fifteen minute flings. I was waiting until I could be sure that we would have something lasting,” Jimmy said a little surprised.

Laurie looked at him strangely. “What if I said I was willing to follow you behind the bleachers, would you take me?”

Jimmy pulled back. “Of course not, when I make you my companion, I want you to be taken to a palace fit for a queen. When I take you as my queen, I want our wedding night to take place in the bedroom of the king and you prepared for me as my mother was for her first night after the king returned!” Jimmy exclaimed.

JKR 1981-2001
JJR 1975-