Ghost (CC/UC, Adult, 1/1)

All finished stories from the Unconventional Couples board, the Crossover board, and the Alien Abyss boards will eventually be moved here. See those forums for descriptions.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, Erina, Forum Moderators

Traitor
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Ghost (CC/UC, Adult, 1/1)

Post by Traitor »

Title: Ghost
Author: Traitor
Rating: Adult
Summary: After Liz finds out about Max’s cheating ways, she decides to get revenge like only an alien can.
Timeline: Post graduation, four years in the future.
Pairing: CC/UC
Disclaimer: I own nothing associated with Roswell nor do I own or have any association with the Fefe Dobson song, ‘ghost’. All are property of their respective owners. Please do not sue me, cause I own nothing and that would be bad.
Authors Note: Big thanks to RosDude for the banner! And the song in this story is Ghost by Fefe Dobson. I highly suggest listening to it before you read this fic. Kind of sets the vibe.

I warn you people, Not for lovers of Max!

Ghost

Just like a go-go-go ghost
Watch me go-go-go ghost

Now I’m gone in your photograph.
I bet you wish you could get me back
Now I’m stuck in your memory
A mistaken identity

Liz slumped down in the worn leather of the drivers seat, keeping her head up just enough so that she could still see out of the window. Her nose crinkled as her movement stirred up a foul smell…old cheeseburgers. She made a mental note to tell Kyle to clean his car thoroughly when she returned it to him in the morning.

Movement crossed her vision and she inhaled sharply. This was it…the moment she’d been both anticipating and dreading. The time had come for the truth to come out.

There they were, walking out of the theater hand in hand. Liz had to admit she wasn’t rough to look at. She was a pretty girl, probably in her early twenties. Her blonde hair shone in the moonlight and swayed from side to side as she bounced gleefully next to him. Blissful…..in love.

Max smiled.

Liz’s stomach churned.

The girl’s laughter echoed in the air. Liz could feel her heart shatter. She’d know, suspected for months that this was going on. He didn’t think she woke when the warmth of his body left the bed at night. Didn’t think she noticed how he always left the room when his cell rang. Didn’t think she heard how his voice dripped with lies when he told her he was working late. No, she’d know for awhile now…. But tonight was the night that she finally did something about it.

Max pulled the girl into his arms, nuzzling his face into her neck Liz’s hands gripped the steering wheel tightly. Green energy crackled across her knuckles.

A wicked smile crossed her lips and her eyes sparkled.

Max wanted to play games? Well she could play games too….and it would be a hell of a lot of fun.

What’s her name?
What’s she like?
Does she know that you’ll never treat her right?

What’s her name?
What’s she like?
Do you leave her in the middle of the night?

She dove home quickly, her foot heavy against the gas pedal. She cast a glance at the clock on the dash. Almost midnight. Plenty of time. He wouldn’t be home till just before dawn. That was when he always crawled back into bed, acting as though he’d never left.

She pulled the car into the garage, the tires squealing as she slammed on the brakes. Her movements were quick. Keys out, unlock the door, run in the house. She flew to the bedroom that she shared with her husband and grabbed the first picture of them that she could find.

Their wedding picture.

She thumbed the photo absently, thinking of the promises he’d made, the lies he’d told. Anger boiled over and she threw the picture frame against the wall, shattering the glass like he had shattered her. Liz pulled at her hair, stifling the cry that desperately wanted to escape. Her breath hitched. She had to do this. She had to make him pay.

She picked the photo up off the floor, shaking off the glass, and sat down on the bed. Liz silently thanked Isabel for helping her prefect this power so many months ago. Max hadn’t paid attention. Didn’t know how fast she had learned.

Her fingers traced his face and she concentrated, letting the connection she had to Max flare to life. She held it back enough so that he wouldn’t feel it, wouldn’t realize what she was doing, that she was there.

Her eyes closed.

Max Evans should have learned by now. You never piss off your wife. Especially when she’s a fucking alien.

You act like you just saw a ghost.
I watched you getting way to close
Now I know why you’re never there
Now I know so it’s my turn to disappear

You act like you just saw a ghost
I caught you, now I know.
Now it’s my turn watch me disappear.

Liz’s eyes opened slowly. She sat nestled in backseat of Max’s car, right behind the drivers seat. The radio was turned on low, playing a soft romantic tune as he drove, his sweet little girlfriend snuggling under his arm. Liz couldn’t but roll her eyes. Boy could he lay on the romance. She briefly wondered if the girl knew about her, about his other life.

Liz shook her head. The girl didn’t matter. It wasn’t her fault that Max was a cheating asshole.

Something in the back of Liz’s mind told her it was time to set her plan in motion. Max was calm, relaxed, unsuspecting. It was the perfect moment.

She leaned forward, pulling a tiny burst of power from within herself and reached out, tracing her fingers lightly against the back of his neck. Max’s body stiffened in response and Liz chuckled to herself.

Max’s eyes shifted, glancing into the rearview mirror, and Liz seized the opportunity. She placed herself directly in his line of site, and when he saw her, his eyes bulged. Liz sighed loudly, knowing only he could hear her.

“What’s so great about being normal?” she said, throwing his words from so many years ago back in his face.

The car swerved to the left as Max momentarily lost control, turning to look behind him. But he didn’t see anything. She shielded herself from his vision, letting the projection of herself fade out. The blonde girl jerked up, casting Max a worried look.

“Max?” she asked, question in her eyes. “Are you ok?”

He looked to the backseat again, frantically searching for any sign of what he thought he’d seen. He shook his head and pulled his girlfriend back to him, placing a gentle kiss on the top of her head.

“Yeah baby. Just thought I saw something.”

Just like a go-go-go ghost
Watch me go-go-go ghost

The only gift that you ever gave
Was that you let me just get away.
I hope I haunt you in every dream
And you feel a little misery.

Liz let herself project back in, taking in the change of scenery. She was in an apartment now. Obviously masculine. Very little furniture filled the room she was in, an old couch and a TV were the main focus. Her stomach twisted and a new surge of rage coursed through her.

This was Max’s bachelor pad. He was spending their money on keeping up his second life. She clenched her fists, knowing that her actually body was back at her home, cracking like a fucking live wire.

This was the last straw.

Liz watched as Max sat on the couch, a freshly poured glass of cherry coke in his hand. He smiled as he watched the blonde walk into the bathroom to ‘freshen up’.

“Miss you.” she blonde purred.

Max grinned at her. “Miss you more.”

Liz fought the urge to vomit. This was beyond sickening. He was acting like a love sick puppy dog, exactly how he used to act with her. She wondered where the man she married had gone, if the stress of the last 4 years on the run had finally made him crack. Her mouth quirked into a smile…..might as well make him crack all the way.

She positioned her astral self into the seat next to him on the couch. She put on her game face, forcing tears to stream down her face, and rested her head against Max’s arm. His head whipped around and a small shriek escaped his throat. Liz pushed down the laugh inside of her and forced her face to remain locked in sadness.

“Don’t you love me enough, Max?”, she pleaded. “Aren’t I enough for you anymore?”

She watched as his Adams apple bobbed up and down as he tried to fight back a cry. Some king he turned out to be. Weak, worthless, a world class liar. She enjoyed the look on his face, the way he squirmed next to her.

The door of the bathroom opened and Liz let herself fade from sight once more. The blonde girl walked back in, having slipped into a sheer pink negligee and paused in the doorway. Max bolted upright off of the couch and looked around wildly.

“Did you see that?” he asked, swallowing back the guilt in his throat. He pointed to the seemingly empty couch.

“See what?” She asked, her brows furrowed in confusion. “Are you sure you’re ok?”

Max continued to stare at the couch for another moment before shaking his head and giving the blonde a small smile. “I…I’m fine, Bree. I think I just had to much to drink.”

Bree, the blonde, crossed her arms and continued to stare at him in confusion. “You don’t drink, Max.”

He exhaled a shuddering breath and rubbed his temples, fearing he had finally lost his mind. “Yeah, well, maybe I should.”

What’s her name?
What’s she like?
I should warn her that you’ll never do her right.

All your games
All your lies
I need to tell her maybe I could change her mind

Liz smiled to herself as she pulled on the connection one last time. This was the one that was going to break him, she’d seen it in his eyes when his girlfriend, Bree, came out. He was cracking.

Good, she thought. She wanted him nuttier than peanut butter by the time this night was over.

When Liz opened her eyes this time she was in the bedroom of Max’s apartment. Max sat on the edge of the bed, struggling to open the red wrapper of the condom in his hands. Bree lay under the sheets, prone and waiting with what appeared to be a look of annoyance on her face. Max fumbled with the wrapper, letting out a growl of frustration before finally tearing into it with his teeth. He pulled out the condom with a triumphant smile on his face.

Liz fumed. She sure as hell wasn’t going to let this happen.

Max stood up, preparing to sheath himself, and Liz moved forward towards him. Once again, his eyes went wide as she let the projection of herself flare to life in front of him. She held it back enough, focusing on him and him alone, so that Bree couldn’t see or hear her.

She touched his hand that held the condom and sighed, smiling at him wickedly.

“Tsk, Tsk, Max.” She said, tracing her fingers up his arm. “At least you’re using protection with this one. Wouldn’t want another Tess repeat would we?”

Max was frozen in front of her, a deer in the headlights. They both were aware of Bree talking in the background and Liz used a burst of power to muffle the sound. Max was going to listen to her now, not the blonde in his bed.

“Liz?” Max asked, gulping air in greedily. His hands shook.

Liz raised an eyebrow and smirked. “Wow. Surprised you even remembered my name. I mean, you obviously forgot that we were married.”

“I-,” He stammered, moth refusing to close. Liz bumped his chin with her palm, shutting him up.

“You know, guilt is a bitch, Maxwell. But then again, so are you.”

Max’s eyes fluttered rapidly. She knew he was trying to blink her away, trying to pretend he was dreaming. “Liz, I’m so---”

Liz shook her head and chuckled dryly. “Don’t apologize to you’re coconscious, Max. Just know, when you get home tonight, Liz, I, won’t be there." She smirked, a playful glint in her eye. "Maybe I'll be at Michael's. I mean...he looks awfully lonely since Maria dumped him."

“Liz!”

She saw the hurt in his eyes, the pain on his face, and she relished it. He deserved everything he got.

The sudden flash of a pillow whizzing in front of her face made Liz’s concentration break and she faded out of sight.

“Who the fuck is Liz?” Bree yelled, grabbing her clothes from the dresser.

Max snapped to attention, turning to plead with the woman he’d betrayed his wife for. “Bree, Wait!”

You act like you just saw a ghost.
I watched you getting way to close
Now I know so it’s my turn to disappear

You act like you just saw a ghost
I caught you, now I know.
Now it’s my turn watch me disappear.

Liz opened her eyes and sat up on the bed. She smiled to herself and ran a hand across her brow, wiping away the sweat. She glanced at the bright neon numbers on her bedside clock. 3:40. It should take him twenty minutes to get home, plenty of time to get out of her.

A brown duffel bag lay at the foot of the bed, ready to go. After years of running, she’d learned to always keep an emergency bag packed. She had enough clothes in there to last her for awhile, at least till she could come back and get her things, until then she would stay with Kyle and Isabel.

Liz pulled herself up, grabbing her bag and Kyle’s car keys off of the dresser. She’d sat by and watched Max pull her life apart long enough. It was time to take it back.

She made her way to the car, and smiled slightly to herself as she got in, sinking into the comfortable leather. The reeve of the engine made her feel warm, alive, and she let out a small giggle as she pulled out of the driveway.

Her life belonged to no one but herself now.

“Long live the queen,” she chuckled. “And damn the king to hell.”

Now you see me now you don’t
You must’ve thought I’d never go
I’m dead to you
I’m taking back my soul

Just like a go-go-go-ghost
Watch me go-go-go-ghost
Last edited by Traitor on Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

click the link! click it! My Glee Project Audition!!!