Second Chances (UC/Slash, ADULT ) COMPLETED

All finished stories from the Unconventional Couples board, the Crossover board, and the Alien Abyss boards will eventually be moved here. See those forums for descriptions.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, Erina, Forum Moderators

magikhands
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Trapped in my slashy mind with Max, Kyle, and Michael

Part 11

Post by magikhands »

Written by: StormyBear

Part 11

“We need to have a little talk before this goes any further” Kyle stated plainly…but making sure just the same as to how important his next words were going to be. Taking a seat next to the bed…he watched and waited as Zan pulled his eyes from the closed door and focused them fully on him. Taking a deep breath he thought about the words that he wanted to say…but thought better of them as he opened his mouth and began to speak. “What ever you’re thinking about Michael…don’t. He has been through hell and back because of your brother and I don’t want your face being a constant reminder for him”

Zan didn’t say anything…how could he because he knew that Kyle’s words were all true. However…despite his best efforts to try and forget about Michael…he found that he couldn’t. There was something about the shaggy haired man that called out to him…something that told him that they shared a connection…despite the fact that it was a fucked up connection.

“Are you listening to me?” Kyle yelled when he found Zan once again staring at the door behind him. “Fucking Christ…” He whispered under his breath as he got up and started pacing the room in irritation. “I mean it Zan…stay away from him” He growled like a tiger protecting his cubs…because that’s exactly how he felt about Michael.

He liked Michael…he was protective of Michael and he was going to do anything in his powers to make sure that he never came to harm again. “I know that I owe you for saving my life…but it was you that was a distraction to me in the first place” He went on…anger and frustration overtaking him. “You just pop back into town and all hell breaks loose. Why the hell didn’t you stay in New York? What the hell were you hoping to gain by moving back to Roswell and uprooting everyone’s lives like you did? Is this what you want…is this your plan…to make Michael suffer over and over again the abuse that he received at your brother’s hands each time that he sees your face? Why don’t you just go back to New York where you belong with all the other slim bags and assholes and leave Michael and the rest of us alone” He bit out…regretting the words immediately as they flew from his mouth. He hadn’t wanted to say those words and yet there they were just the same. Taking a deep breath he waited for the backlash that he knew was to come…steeling himself as he grabbed onto the footboard of the bed for what he knew he deserved.

Zan was shocked and more then a little hurt as the words that Kyle had spoken hit him again and again and again. He could feel the ultimate hate that was blasted at him and yet aside from the fact that he looked like his twin brother…he didn’t know why. He knew that coming back to Roswell was going to be a huge change for him…what he didn’t know however was how much of a change it was going to be for its inhabitants. He thought briefly about moving back to New York…going back to his old precinct and forgetting all about Roswell…Kyle Valenti and Michael Guerin…but it lasted only a moment. He wanted to lash out at Kyle and make him hurt the way that his words had hurt him…but as he opened his mouth to speak the only sound to escape was a strangled cry.

Kyle didn’t know what to do as the man laying before him openly wept. He had expected outbursts of anger and threats…that he could handle…not a grown man falling apart before his very eyes. “Um…Zan…” He tired to speak but the words wouldn’t come as he once again sat beside the bed…taking his good hand into his own.

The emotions that were ravaging his body were too much…everything that had happened since his return and even before had been to much. He wanted to control himself…wanted to act like a man and not the bawling child that he felt he was…but he couldn’t. He had seen to much pain and bloodshed in New York…hoping to move past it once he moved to Roswell…instead he had fallen head first into blood and gore once again.

“He reminds me of my partner” He finally spoke once he had contained the brewing storm of emotions within him.

“Who?” Kyle asked…a bit startled that Zan had broken the uncomfortable silence between them.

“Michael…” He replied on an out flow of breath before taking another one back in. “We were partners on two levels. He was the one that I was assigned to when I first joined the force in New York and then years later he became my partner in life. Michael…he looks so much like him that when I saw him laying in a pool of blood that night…it brought everything back” Once again he could not control his emotions as he clutched Kyle’s hand even tighter and relived for the millionth time the death of the man that he loved.

TBC...
Magikhands' Little Roswell Obsessions
Come see my published print and e-books
Visit my website and blog
magikhands
Obsessed Roswellian

Part 12

Post by magikhands »

Written by: magikhands

Part 12

Kyle sat there stunned as Zan broke down. Kyle was feeling more and more bewildered by this man. ‘Damn! Where’s Maria when I need her. All this comforting stuff is more up her alley.’ Kyle thought as he felt Zan’s hand finally let up on its tight grip.

“I’m sorry.” Kyle finally found his words when Zan calmed. “I knew you had a partner killed but…well, I didn’t realize he was that sort of partner to you also.” Kyle knew Zan was gay like his brother but it never occurred to him that he’d have a boyfriend who was also a cop.

“You checked up on me?” Zan asked finally taking his hand from Kyle’s, his head falling back against his pillow and looking up at the ceiling.

Kyle shrugged as he stood and paced in front of the bed. “When Dad told me that he was assigning you to me, I had to. I wanted to know what kind of partner I was getting.”

Kyle ran a hand through his hair feeling awkward. He glanced over at Zan and saw that he was still looking up at the ceiling. Kyle felt frustrated. He wanted to hate Zan like he hated Max. He’d begged Michael time and time again to leave before it was too late but Michael wouldn’t. When Kyle would see Michael with a new bruise somewhere he’d swear that he’d been clumsy moving around his art. Kyle, as a cop, knew the signs of abuse. But Michael never listened.

Kyle went back to the chair and watched a silent Zan. This was the man who’d stopped his own brother from killing Michael, held a gun to Max’s head, who’d put Max in jail and had a case against him. This same man had, just hours before, saved his life, taking a bullet for Kyle.

Kyle scratched his head. How could a set of identical twins be so…different? He wondered.

“Is that why you came back here? Because of Rath’s death?” Kyle asked quietly.

Zan sighed and finally lowered his eyes to meet Kyle’s. “Yes. I couldn’t take the memories. I thought of going somewhere new, where no one knew me, to start over again. But something beckoned me back to Roswell. I didn’t mean to interfere with your lives.”

Kyle gave a loud sigh and let his head rest in his hands. His emotions were going haywire. His father was right. Zan was not the one to cause all the trouble back in school. He wasn’t the one to almost kill Michael. He wasn’t the one who’d made all their lives hell because of his smug surety of getting away with things. No, not one thing was Zan. It was all Max. Zan couldn’t help that his face was identical to his brother’s or even who he was related to.

Kyle stood and patted Zan’s hand. “It’ll be ok. Just get some rest. The doctor said that you’d spend a couple of days here so they can observe you and make sure no infection will start.”

Zan nodded. “Thanks Kyle.”

“No. It should be I thanking you.” Kyle said leaving Zan alone to his thoughts.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

During his stay at the hospital, Zan had several visitors. Kyle stopped by a couple of times a day just to check up on his partner. Jim, of course, stopped in each day and spent at least an hour with him. Apparently Jim knew one of Zan’s lieutenants and they were able to share some stories with each other.

Surprisingly, Maria popped in to check on Roswell’s newest officer. She made sure she personally thanked Zan for saving her fiancé’s life. This was a big surprise to Zan for he didn’t know that Kyle and Maria were even that serious. Hesitantly he asked how Michael was recouping. Maria smiled a sad smile and shrugged her shoulders.

“He’s taking it one day at a time.”

Zan nodded understanding more than she knew.

Zan was released from the hospital three days after the shooting and sent home with strict instructions to rest. Zan walked into his small apartment he’d managed to get right after putting Max in jail and looked around at the box filled rooms.

“Looks like you haven’t unpacked yet.” Kyle said stepping just inside the door and setting Zan’s bag down. He’d given Zan a ride home once he was released.

“Haven’t had the time with all that’s been happening. It’s been…well, you know.”

Kyle nodded. “Listen…I know you and I got off to a rocky start…but if you are interested in some help, I’ll be glad to come over tomorrow and help with some of this. Maria and Michael are going up to Albuquerque for a show and I happen to be off.”

Zan turned and looked at Kyle. Since he’d embarrassed himself and broke down in front of Kyle, his partner had been opening up more. The anger was slowly dissipating as a friendship began to bloom. Zan thought of telling him no thanks but then he looked to his arm in the sling. It still throbbed and he had to start some physical therapy within the next two weeks so he knew he would have a hard time doing all of this by himself.

“Thanks Kyle. That would be great as long as you don’t mind…you know…being around me.”

Kyle shrugged. “Eh, you’re not that bad after all.” Kyle smirked. “You all set for the night?”

Zan looked around and nodded. “Yeah, I think so.”

“OK, then I’ll see you tomorrow.” Kyle said as he left.

Zan, feeling tired and his shoulder making its pain known, picked up his bag and went to his bedroom. Using great care, he undressed and took another dose of the pain medicine the doctor sent with him before crawling into bed. Before drifting off to sleep he turned and looked sadly to a picture on his bedside table. It was one in happier times when he and Rath had gone to the park for the day. A tourist had shot the picture and Zan had it framed once he developed the film. In the picture he sitting, back against a tree while Rath’s head was in his lap. Their gaze was locked on one another and smiles formed on their lips.

A tear drifted from Zan’s eye as he drifted to sleep.

TBC...

StormyBear and I would like to say

magikhands
Obsessed Roswellian

Part 13

Post by magikhands »

Part 13

“Fuck…” Zan cried out in frustration for what felt like the hundredth time that day as a pain so severe shot up his bandaged arm.

Tears for the millionth time plagued his eyes as he fought them back…sliding out of his bed because he knew that sleep was going to elude him. He had tried several times throughout the night to get comfortable…but no matter what way he turned his arm screamed out in agony. It had been a week since he had been released from the hospital and the pain was still as fresh as if it were that very day. He felt useless as he wandered around the apartment that Kyle and Maria, through the kindness of their hearts, had arranged for him. He hated having people do things for him…hated to depend on anyone other then himself and yet there he was finding himself at their mercy.

Truth was that he had no qualms with Kyle or Maria for that matter…but the idea of having them take care of him and his life was driving him insane. Walking into the tiny living room he picked up a picture of he and Rath taken at a Halloween party many years before hand. He recalled the night as clearly as if it were yesterday as a smile of pain and loneliness crossed his face.

“Why did you have to leave me?” Zan whispered to the picture…finally succumbing to his tears as he closed his eyes and settled back to a time where he was happy and in love.

FLASHBACK…

“We're going to be late for your sister party and if you think that I am going to take the wrath of Lonnie alone then you…” His words cut short as his lover of four years stepped out of the bathroom dressed in a form fitting Zorro outfit. “Holy shit…” He murmured more to himself then the man grinning across the room from him.

“Not bad huh?” Rath leered at Zan…licking his lips as he sauntered before the unspeaking man.

“You’ve never looked sexier” Zan drooled…his hands twitching to grab hold of the man that he loved and make made and passionate love to him. Finally the need became to great as he rushed across the room and fell into his lovers arms. “So fucking sexy” He growled against Rath’s lips before covering them with his own. “I want you to fuck me with this costume on” He was near begging…his cock full and swollen as he rubbed it wantonly up and down Rath’s leg. He didn’t care how desperate he sounded…because he was desperate to have a large and hard cock shoved up his ass roughly. He wanted it hard and it wanted it rough…wanted to forget for a moment that they were simple men but the great Zorro and he Robin Hood.

“I thought that we were running late” Rath teased Zan…his hands gripping and clenching the cheeks of the ass he was going to plow as if there was no tomorrow. “I seem to recall something about dealing with my sister alone” His torture continued…adding his arousal to the mix as he shoved it roughly towards the swelling groin area of his love.

“Lonnie who?” Zan replied winded…falling to his knees as he undid the sash hiding the dick he longed to taste of without hesitation. “Mmm…” He sighed as he took in Rath’s full and gloriously hard dick waving wantonly before him. There was no doubt that his penis was the epitome of perfection as he leaned forward and engulfed it with his greedy lips. He loved Rath’s cock…loved it in his mouth…in his ass…he just plain loved it. Rath would often tease him that he loved his cock more then he loved him and despite the fact that it was wondrous to the eye…Zan loved Rath’s heart and soul just a tad more.

“I need your ass” Rath rasped…his control slipping as Zan gave him another of his mind blowing blowjobs. Zan didn’t hesitate for a moment as he released the slippery cock from his mouth with an audible pop…standing up before rolling the itchy tights of his costume down his legs. His ass bended forward…he couldn’t help but cry out as Rath grabbed onto his thighs almost painfully before sliding his spit slicked dick up his ass. That round of love making was quick and loud as the two bodies slipped and slid around and upon each other until both men were crying out in wild cries of passion.

Afterwards…to tired to stand the two fell to their knees…Rath’s penis slipping from the reddened hole as they tried to collect themselves as much as possible. For long moments of time they just knelt there…Rath holding onto Zan as his body once again got control of itself.

“I love you” He whispered against Zan’s ear…nuzzling it with his nose as he closed his eyes and inhaled the heady scent of his lover.

“I love you too” Zan turned his head into the nuzzle…a smile of love and devotion gracing his face at being lucky enough to have that man in his life.

END FLASHBACK…

“I love you too” Zan whispered to the picture he still clutched within his hand…placing a tender and tearstained kiss upon it before closing his eyes and wishing death or sleep upon him.

TBC...
magikhands
Obsessed Roswellian

Part 14

Post by magikhands »

Part 14

When Zan’s shoulder was still not feeling better after a couple more days, Maria insisted that she take him back to the hospital. The doctor examined it and found that he had an infection starting but he felt they caught it before it could cause more trouble. The doctor gave Zan a shot of antibiotics and sent him home with a two-week prescription and to follow up when those were done. Maria drove back to Zan’s apartment with a satisfied look on her face. Zan just rolled his eyes and wondered how anyone lived with her as she played mother hen much of the time.

Once the antibiotic was thoroughly in his system, Zan’s shoulder began to feel better. It had been nearly two weeks since the shooting and he felt caged. He wanted to get out, especially take a ride on his motorcycle that’s been gathering dust since the accident. But his arm was still in a sling to stabilize his shoulder. He’d have to settle for a walk. He knew Kyle would be over shortly because he’d insisted on bringing him dinner…again, knowing the trouble he was having with certain small chores.

Zan was rinsing out the sink when the doorbell rang. When the door didn’t open, Zan went to the door.

“Kyle…how many times have I told you that you didn’t…” He stopped when he opened the door and found Michael standing there with a pizza in hand. His mouth moved but no sound came out for a moment. He finally pulled himself out of his shock and cleared his throat.

“Michael. What…? Where’s…?” He stumbled over his words.

Michael gave a small smirk and shrugged his shoulders. Zan could see he was nervous. His eyes shifted left to right as if looking for someone to jump out at him.

“Kyle had to go on a call and Maria won’t be back til late tonight. Kyle felt bad and was going to call you but I needed to get out of the house so…” He held the pizza box out but then noticed Zan’s slinged arm. “Oh, uh, where do you want this?”

Zan shook the lingering shock away and stepped away from the door to let Michael enter.

“Over there.” Zan pointed to the small table.

Hesitantly, Michael stepped into the apartment. He laid the pizza on the table and saw that his left arm was still in a cast.

“How’s the arm?” Zan asked before thinking. He didn’t want to bring up any reminders of that night when this was the first time he’d seen Michael in a while. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to…”

“No. It’s ok. The doctor says it’s healing quick. The cast will be off in a couple of weeks.” Michael shifted from one foot to another. “How about your shoulder. Maria tells me that it will be a little longer.”

“Yeah.” Zan shrugged his shoulders then winced at the discomfort it caused.

They stood in the kitchen, the silence becoming heavy.

“Ok. I guess…well, I’ll go.”

“Wait.” Zan surprised himself. “I think I need to get out of the house for a bit.” He paused, unsure of how Michael would react. “I was going to ask Kyle if he’d go for a walk with me. I would go alone but…well, I’m not in the best of shape and don’t know how far I can go.”

“Oh.” Michael said softly looking down at the pizza he’d placed on the table.

“It’s ok if you don’t. I’ll just wait…”

“I’d like to go for a walk. I’ve been cooped up inside since I’d gotten home. Fresh air will do us good.” Michael quickly answered.

Zan nodded suddenly feeling shy. “Thanks.” He gave Michael a small smile as he headed to the door.

The park wasn’t too far from Zan’s apartment. They walked in silence but it wasn’t heavy like before in the kitchen. Being outside seemed to have given each a burst of energy. They found a bench and sat to rest. Michael was still recovering from broken ribs. The day was overcast but the temperature was comfortable as a light breeze rustled the leaves.

Michael fidgeted on the bench. “Have you…Have you seen…”

“We don’t have to talk about it Michael. I know you are still uncomfortable. I don’t want to bring back any bad memories. I mean, just look at me, that’s enough of a reminder. I’m surprised your still here.”

Michael hesitated and took a deep breath. “I’d like to talk about it. Kyle, Jim, and Maria are so careful around me. They avoid it, scared I’d break if they bring it up.”

TBC...
magikhands
Obsessed Roswellian

Part 15

Post by magikhands »

Part 15

“I did love him once you know” Michael said after a few minutes of silence that were driving him mad. “It wasn’t always this bad…at least not a first” He went on…swallowing hard as he relived the life and times that was he and Max’s fucked up relationship. “I met him at an opening of mine. He smiled at me and I was gone. I thought that I had found the man of my dreams…the one that I could love and would love me in return…but how wrong was I” He laughed sadly…swallowing once again as he inhaled a calming breath into his lungs.

“He’s a great manipulator” Zan replied…folding his hands within his lap as he curbed the urge to reach out and take Michael’s hand into his own. “He’s always been like that. He’s a charmer with a smile that can suck in even the hardest person…he says and does what he knows will lower your defenses and then whenever he feels threatened or upset…he strikes” Anger edged its way into Zan’s words as he looked away from Michael for just a moment…recalling years past growing up with Max as well as the way that he found Michael that night. “I‘m really sorry that he hurt you Michael. I only wish that I had known he was seeing someone or I would have…”

“There was nothing you could have done Zan” Michael spoke softly…placing his hand upon the upset mans shoulder…drawing it back once he had realized what he did. “I could have left him…but I was too stupid…too weak…too…”

“You were…you are none of those things” Zan cried out in defense of the man sitting beside him. “You have to be the strongest person that I know to put up with everything that my brother has put you through. I know my brother Michael” He continued…staring into eyes that he found himself drowning in…pulling them away quickly before he gave himself away. “He would have never let you go and if you had gotten away he would have only tried to track you down. But now…now we have the upper hand and as far as I am concerned that mother fucker is going to rot in jail for as long at the law allows it” Zan cried out even louder…startling Michael…but forcing him to smile at the same time.

“We do have the upper hand don’t we?” Michael’s smile widened even more.

“Yeah we do Michael” Zan replied with his own smile…taking a chance as he laid his good hand atop Michael’s good one. “We just have to stay strong and be willing to fight Max and his evil ways…because we both know that he is not going to go down without a fight. Together…” He went on bravely…threading his fingers though that same hand when he received no resistance. “Together…” He continued on a breath of nervous air. “We can stand up to that asshole and let him know that he can’t get to us anymore”

Michael couldn’t say anything at first as Zan continued to hold his hand gently and as much as Zan frightened and intrigued him…he couldn’t help but find himself attracted towards him. He knew that he didn’t want anything even close to a relationship after the hell that he had gone through with Max…but as he stared into eyes that were so similar and yet so different from Max’s…he wondered how long he would be able to stand by those convictions.

“You what” Max roared as he sat across from his lawyer in his cramped and smelly jail cell. “Tell me once again what you just said and you better not be fucking lying to me”

Swallowing nervously…Jessie moved away from the man whom had hired him to defend his case. He didn’t know why he had taken the case…well he knew why he had taken the case initially because the amount of money that Max Evans was offering was too good to turn down…but now he wasn’t so sure that was a good enough reason. Somehow along the way he had not only become the clearly guilty mans lawyer…but his spy as well. “I swear I am not lying to you. I saw them…the two of them sitting in the park and they were holding hands” He knew what was coming next as he picked up his brief case and walked to the farthest corner of the cell as he could. This wasn’t the first time that this had happened and he was sure that it wasn’t going to be the last as Max began to scream and rant obscenities that would make a sailor blush…throwing anything and everything he could get his hands on around his cell. As expected the guards rushed to his rescue…grabbing onto the angered man as they assisted him out of the cell. “Thank you…” He said to the guard as he watched Max struggle and fight the two guards like a mad man.

“Keep an eye on them…keep me posted” Max screamed at the top of his lungs as an anger unlike anything he had felt before surged through his veins. “I’ll double your money…just keep an eye on them”

Jesse knew that he shouldn’t…but the greed in him won over as he calculated in his mind how much of Max Evans money was about to be his.

TBC...
magikhands
Obsessed Roswellian

Part 16

Post by magikhands »

Part 16

Maria scurried around the kitchen. She was trying to finish their dinner before their company arrived.

“Honey, don’t you think you need to calm down and take a rest?” Kyle asked taking a piece of bread from the platter. Maria slapped at his hand making him drop it back before he could take a bite from it.

“That’s for dinner.” She said turning to the stove to stir her sauce. “And no, I don’t need to rest, I need get this done.”

Kyle backed out with his hands held up in surrender. He turned and sat on the couch.

“She slap your hand too, huh?” Michael asked laughing at his friend’s pouting.

“Yeah.” He said crossing his arms. “She’s running around like a crazy. You’d think that we were having the President over for dinner.”

Michael shrugged his shoulders. “Maria is Maria. There’s no stopping her when she’s got something set in her mind. I think you’d have figured that out by now.”

Kyle sighed. “Yeah, I have but I just keep hoping that someday she may change. Not that I want her to, it’s just that she likes to surprise me and do things when I least expect it.”

Michael smiled at his friend and sat back to relax knowing Maria wouldn’t let him do anything even if he offered. His mind went back to the time he spent with Zan the week before. Talking with him, spending time with him at the park had lifted some weight from his shoulders. The determination in Zan’s voice when he talked about nailing Max had encouraged him, given him a little more courage to continue on.

Soon Kyle’s father came in and joined the guys, sitting in the rocking chair. He and Kyle were discussing the latest football scores. Maria came out and kissed her father-in-law on the cheek before returning to her work in the kitchen.

The ringing of the doorbell broke Michael out of his thoughts. He suddenly felt nervous and scolded himself for being so. He watched Kyle get up and open the door for the guest. Michael stood and waited.

Zan entered the Valenti home. His trembling hand was in stuffed in his pocket while his other hand was in a tight fist, its arm still in a sling. He’d grown close to Maria and Kyle during his time in Roswell. They had helped him in so many ways, but this was the first time he’d come to their home. He knew Michael would be there. They would sit down and have dinner, conversation, and hopefully a nice night together.

Maria walked out of the kitchen with a welcoming smile. “Hey Zan. How are you feeling?” She leaned over and kissed his cheek.

“Better. The infection is gone and after a couple of weeks of PT I’ll be as good as new.” Zan tried to sound optimistic though he didn’t feel it. He was tired of being cooped up and limited in his duties.

“And you’ll be back on the road annoying my loving husband.” Maria smiled.

Zan couldn’t help but chuckle at the banter that started between Maria and Kyle. He looked over Kyle’s shoulder and saw Michael standing there.

“Hey Michael.” Zan raised a hand in greeting. He had not seen Zan since they were in the park. He also noticed that Michael only wore a brace on his forearm.

“Hey.”

“Well, dinner is ready. Why don’t you guys sit down and I’ll bring it out.” Maria said turning back to the kitchen leaving the men to do as she said.

Within minutes the five of them were enjoying a delicious spaghetti dinner with all the fixings. The conversation was light, keeping it to the goings on at the department and Michael’s work. When the conversation lulled Maria smiled and broke the silence.

“I wanted to have this dinner so Kyle and I could make an announcement.” Maria twisted her napkin in her lap nervously. Kyle reached over and covered her hands with his own while everyone waited.

“What Maria is trying to say is that…we are having a baby. We’re pregnant.”

Valenti and Michael smiled, and offered their congratulations. Zan was happy for his new friend but he felt out of place. He had to wonder why he was there. Jim was family, just as Michael was. But Zan wasn’t. He was new to Roswell, new to their lives.

Maria looked over and could see Zan’s unease. She got up and knelt next to Zan. She reached out and put her hand on Zan’s good one.

“You are wondering why I invited you, aren’t you?” She asked.

Zan was a little surprised that she could read him so easily. He nodded.

Maria gave him a gentle smile. “Because you’re a part of this family now. I owe you a debt I can never truly repay.”

“Maria, you don’t owe me anything. I only did my job.” Zan was modest.

“Yes, you did your job. And because you did, my husband and best friend are alive. My child will have a complete family because of you.”

“Maria…” Zan tried to protest again but she lifted her hand and placed her fingers over his lips.

“Don’t argue. And I expect you to have an active part in my child’s life…Uncle Zan.”

Zan’s eyes widened in surprise. He couldn’t believe what he was hearing. Maria was asking for him to be a part of their lives. To be around their child…despite who he is, or who his brother is. Zan looked over to Kyle who shrugged his shoulders.

“It’s not worth the argument Zan. When she’s got something in her head, she’ll not change her mind.” Kyle explained.

“And this is ok with you?” Zan asked.

Kyle nodded. “You’re a good guy Zan. Don’t let anyone tell you any different.”

Zan turned his eyes to Michael. They locked eyes. Michael nodded slightly and Zan knew he was giving his approval too.

“Now that that is done, who’s up for dessert?” Maria asked happily getting up and going to the kitchen.

“I am.” Three voices chorused together.

TBC...
magikhands
Obsessed Roswellian

Part 17

Post by magikhands »

Written by StormyBear

Part 17

Zan was overwhelmed with emotions as the four continued to eat the desert that Maria had prepared for them. He hadn't been prepared to be welcomed into a loving family and all that was associated with it. In fact he felt a bit shell shocked if you will because his family had never been anything like the one that was joking and laughing lovingly at each other around him. Tears threatened to consume him...but they were tears of happiness...yet a part of him was still lonely and heartbroken. He missed Rath desperately at that point in time...so much so that he felt as if it might choke him to death. "Excuse me" He replied a bit abruptly...not waiting for a reply as he rushed as fast as he could towards the bathroom.

He wasn't sure how long he was in there...but he deducted it had been a fair amount of time when he heard someone knocking on the bathroom door.

"Zan...you ok?" He heard Michael ask...his heart dipping for a moment once again as the image of his dead lover invaded his brain. "I know that they can be a bit much at times...but they truly do care about you. Can I come in?" Zan could hear the concern in his voice as the guilt started to flow and against his better judgment he reached over and unlocked the door. "Hey..." Michael said uneasily as he made his way into the tiny bathroom. "You ok?"

"Yeah..." Zan lied...shifting on the edge of the tub where he had been sitting from the moment he entered the bathroom. "Just got a little bit overwhelmed" He decided to speak some truth...fighting with a bottle of shampoo as he watched Michael sit on the nearby toilet.

"My family was never really family oriented" He continued with his truths. "In fact it wasn't uncommon for weeks to pass before I saw my parents. They were always too busy with their own things and then always dealing with Max's shit" He watched the way that Michael startled for a moment...but then as soon as it was there it was gone. "Sorry..."

"It's ok...I'm actually getting better" Michael smiled over at the identical twin of the man he still had nightmares about. "I'm starting to feel more like my old self and you have no idea how great that feel. I've even started painting again" His smile widened. "Maria says that they are a bit graphic but it's what I feel and once I've expelled those demons I am sure that I will get back to the old me"

"I'm happy for you Michael...really I am" Zan smiled sadly at the man who could have been his lovers twin.

“What about you Zan? Why aren’t you happy? “ Michael asked shocked at how truly concerned he was to find out all about Zan.

“I’m happy” He lied once again…forcing a smile upon his face.

“Right…” Michael snorted…not buying it for a minute. “Hey…you want to get out of here?” He asked hopefully.

“Yeah…” Zan agreed as the two exited the bathroom and headed into the living room where everyone was sitting in front of the TV.

“I think that we are going to head out for a bit” Michael said as he stood before six pair of eyes staring at him in shock and confusion.

“Where are you going?” Maria attempted to jump up…but Kyle held her firmly in place by his side. He knew that Michael and Zan needed some time alone in order to work though all they had been through.

“Just out mom” Michael laughed…thanking Kyle with his eyes as he walked over and placed a kiss on Maria’s cheek. “Don’t worry we won’t be late” He winked…smiling again as he and Zan left the apartment.

“So where are we going?” Zan asked as they walked down the empty street main street.

“I want to show you something” He replied cryptically. “Come on…it’s over here”

Zan followed Michael into a run down building…already knowing where they were at before they entered a brightly lit room. “You’re studio” He supplied for Michael as he was given the grand tour of the sparsely furnished room.

“My sanctuary.” He said…indicating for Zan to sit down on a ratty couch as he walked into a small kitchen…returning with two beers in hand. “Maria doesn’t know that I have these here and if she did she’d have my head since I’m still on all those pain medications. But sometimes…a nice cold beer seems to be the better way to get rid of the aches and pains” He grinned over at Zan…clinking bottles with him. “You want to see my latest work?” He asked…not giving him a chance to reply before stomping across the room at a cloth covered canvass. “It’s not finished so no judgments this early on ok?” He chuckled…ripping off the cloth as he waited for Zan to speak.

Zan was in awe of the painting he saw before him…not only because it was graphic in nature…but because he was truly amazed at Michael’s talent. “It’s amazing Michael…”

“You really think so?” Michael asked cautiously…his hands starting to get sweaty and not from the half empty bottle of beer he was holding.

“I really do. I can feel you anger and your pain in it. It screams from the page and yet at the same time I can see you are coming to terms with this pain. It’s the most beautiful painting I’ve ever seen”

He smiled over at Michael…tearing his eyes away from the painting…startled at what he found staring back at him in Michael’s eyes. He didn’t know what to say or what to do…but Michael took that decision out of his hands as he leaned forward and kissed him passionately. Zan wanted to push him away…but found that he couldn’t no matter how fast and how wrong that kiss might have been. Snaking his good arm around Michael’s waist…he pulled the two of their bodies flush together as he became the dominate and slide his tongue into Michael’s more then eager mouth. Back and fourth this kiss continued until the bottle Zan was still holding in his weak hands slipped and crashed loudly behind them.

“Holy shit…um…you have to leave” Michael babbled…stepping as far away from Zan as he could. “We shouldn’t have done that…it was wrong” He words were cold and accusing as he glared at Zan from across the room.

“Wrong…you fucking kissed me remember?” Zan bit out…enjoying the way that Michael flinched at his harsh words…but regretting it the moment that fear crept into his eyes. “You’re right. This was wrong and I’m sorry. I’ll let myself out” He went on…not waiting for a reply from Michael as he literally bolted for the door.

TBC...
magikhands
Obsessed Roswellian

Part 18

Post by magikhands »

Part 18

Michael watched Zan leave. “Fuck!” He cursed and threw the bottle of beer that was near him. It hit the wall and shattered but he didn’t care. He couldn’t believe he’d kissed Zan. Of all the stupid, idiotic things he could do…this was definitely the worst.

Not only had he just chased away the man who’d saved his life, but also one who was becoming a friend. Michael went to the door and laid his forehead against it. Tears began streaming down his face.

“I’m sorry.” He said to the empty room. His hand raised and laid flat against the wood. “I fucked up. I know that but…I couldn’t stop.” His words were swallowed by his sobs.

Inside, Michael was grieving. Grieving for his lost innocence and regretting his mistakes. When he’d told Zan that he once loved Max, that was true. But that love soon died to his lover’s brutality. But seeing Zan…seeing his kindness, his compassion, everything Max didn’t have, drew him to Zan despite his brain screaming for him to stay away.

But as each day went by, Michael forgot more and more of Max. Buried the abuse, the harsh demands, and cruel ways of Maxwell Evans deep within himself, locking them away, never to be opened. The time he’d spent with Zan was slowly taking over the nightmares that haunted him. Michael no longer saw his cruel lover when he looked at Zan. He saw only Alexander Evans.

Michael had worried the feelings he was developing for the man were because it was Zan that had saved his life. There were psychological cases where victims often developed emotions for their rescuer, not because of who they were, but because of their actions. But the more Michael thought about it, the more sure he was that his feelings were because of who Zan was. The complete opposite of his brother.

Zan leaned on the wall across from the door he’d just exited. He was completely frustrated at himself and his actions. He knew the moment Michael started kissing him, he should have pushed away and stopped it immediately. But something inside of him wanted more. He wanted to feel Michael’s body pressed against his. He wanted to touch him, hold him, comfort him.

Zan pushed off the wall and hesitantly stepped toward the door. He raised a hand, fingers fisted as if to knock but before it can rap on the door, his fingers uncurl and his palm landed soundlessly upon the door.

“I’m sorry Michael. I don’t mean to make you life so hard.” Zan whispers to the door. He hated that he’d raised his voice, but having lived with Max for so many years, it was often a natural response.

A tear ran from his eye followed by another then several more. He missed Rath. His friend, his lover. He knew Michael was not Rath despite their near identical appearance. Michael could never replace Rath in Zan’s heart. But what Zan realized the moment Michael kissed him was that he’d managed to worm his way into his heart. Not to replace the love of his life, but to make a place of his own. A place Zan wanted him to be.

Zan took his hand from the door and turned away. Slowly he walked away from Michael’s sanctuary, away from his friend. He knew that Max had completely messed with Michael’s mind. Perhaps Michael still held some love for his brother and when he kissed him, Michael saw Max, not Zan. That thought disturbed Zan but pushed it away. No, when Michael had kissed him, he knew it was he and not Max. That much he was confident of. Zan had seen it in his eyes, felt it in his touch.

Zan wiped the tears from his face and headed to his apartment. He couldn’t quite call it home yet. It was a place where his things were, a place that he slept, but it wasn’t home. There was no love, no warmth. Maybe one day he’ll find someone to provide that, but until then it was his apartment.

TBC...
magikhands
Obsessed Roswellian

Part 19

Post by magikhands »

Sorry guys...let RL get to me...

Part 19

Weeks turned into months and despite the fact that it was killing him to do so, Zan avoided Michael as much as possible. The problem was that it was nearly impossible to avoid him altogether because of Kyle and Maria and the upcoming baby. When they were forced to be together they pretended like nothing had changed between them. Neither wanted to upset their extended family, but later in privacy they relived time and time again the fact that something had changed between them and yet neither was willing to even attempt to take the first step to see what it might be.

Kyle and Maria knew that something was different with the two of them, but out of fear of pushing either to far they ignored it. In fact each was a little sick and tired of the moping and depression that seemed to have settled upon the two of them and they decided to do something about it. Working with the art community Maria knew lots of single gay men and she was determined that come hell of high water she was going to find the perfect men for each Zan and Michael. She wanted to be subtle, but since subtly was not her style she announced quite plainly at a Sunday dinner that she had invited a few other guests as well and that she expected them to be on their best behavior. Kyle stood off to the side as he avoided the looks of anger and upset Zan and Michael were shooting his way. He knew that what Maria was doing was wrong and was probably going to blow up in their faces, but she had insisted that it was the only way and as usual he could deny her nothing.

The two men Maria had invited were quite handsome to the eye and had been hand picked by Maria herself. Jessie was a Lawyer and a little bit older then Zan, but Maria felt that he would be perfect for the newest member of their family. Jessie was athletic and held great regard for the law, just as Zan did. She watched the way that Jessie’s gazed traveled up and down Zan’s delicious physic, grinning like mad at the smile of approval that crossed his face once he was done. Michael had been a little bit harder to find for. She needed a man that was somewhat quiet and un-forceful and yet one that held a great interest in the arts as Michael did. Alex was exactly what she had hoped for as he immediately introduced himself to Michael before delving into his love of art. She couldn’t stop smiling as she watched Zan and his date and Michael and his date sit off on opposite sides of the small living room, each showing interests in the men sitting with them. She had done good and continuously congratulated herself for a job well done. What she didn’t see, but Kyle did was that Zan and Michael were no more interested in their dates then he was to learn how to take up knitting. What he did notice was the way that they continually looked across the room at each other, only to turn back to their dates quickly once it was realized what they were doing. He knew that it was going to be a long night and one that he hoped against hope did not blow up in his wife’s face.

The dinner was long and uncomfortable as Maria seemed to take on most of the talking to their guests. Michael couldn’t keep his eyes off of Zan and the man he had been set up with. He had no idea why he was angry, but he found that he continually had to fight the urge to jump across the table and beat the shit out of Jessie each time that he told a joke or found a way to somehow touch Zan. He was finding it harder and harder to control those urges as he continued to watch, the way that he whispered something against Zan’s ear, the two of them laughing at some secret joke that they refused to share with any of the other inhabitants at the table. Michael had long grown bored with Alex and had given up even trying to hold a conversation with him, because it was Zan and his date that held his full attention.

Zan could feel Michael’s eyes as they burned into him, but he continued to ignore him. He loved that Michael was jealous, loved that the man whom had kissed him and then treated him like a piece of shit afterwards was upset. The truth was that he knew he was in love with Michael, but what he didn’t know was why he was. He also knew that whatever the two of them might feel for each other would only end up in heartbreak for them. There was to much damage inflicted upon the two of them before they even met and the fact that they were the mirror images of their previous lovers was to strange to even try and figure out, despite the fact that he had tried on numerous occasion. Zan knew that the only thing to do was find someone else, someone that didn’t cause him to smile at the strangest of times, someone that didn’t make his dick twitch with just the mere thought of the amazing kiss, someone that wasn’t Michael Guerin.

“Don’t you ever do that again” Michael cried out at Maria after everyone else had left. “You had no right to interfere in my life Maria” His rant went on as he ignored the tears pouring down his friends face. He didn’t think twice as he stomped out of their home and into the empty streets. He didn’t know where he was going, but before he could comprehend where he was, he found himself outside Zan’s apartment, his fists beating furiously upon the wooden door. “Where is he?” He screamed at Zan in accusing tones once the door was open and he had stormed in without an invite.

“Where is who?” Zan asked, pretending that he didn’t know what Michael was talking about.

“Don’t play fucking stupid with me Zan” Michael roared, turning to face the man who was pissing him off more and more with each second that passed.

“He walked me home, kissed me good night and left” Zan replied off handedly, turning to walk away from Michael, but not getting the chance as he found himself being jerked across the floor before an angry kiss was placed upon his eager lips. “Just remember who kissed who first” He reminded with a laugh a moment later as the two of them stood in front of each other, trying like hell to catch their stolen breath. Michael couldn’t stop his own laughter as he found fascination with the floor, a full blush rushing across his face.

“I won’t push you away this time…” He spoke nervously, once again looking up at Zan in order to gage his reaction.

“I won’t let you push me away this time” Zan spoke on an even whisper as he reached out his hand and waited for Michael to take it. He watched as slowly Michael reached out towards it, fear blazing across his face and eyes as he allowed Zan to lead them towards the bedroom. “We don’t have to rush this Michael” He assured as he sat the two of them down on the bed. “I don’t know what it is about you, but I find myself drawn to you in a way that I can’t explain. I know that we have all these things against us, mainly Kyle and Maria when they find out, but I don’t care any longer. I want to give us a try, but only if you want to as well”

Michael knew that he was head over heels in love with Zan in the exact moment as he smiled over at the beautiful man, leaning in to kiss him the answer he was waiting for. It was such a simple kiss, but soon it turned into more and before either knew what was happening, they were naked and wrapped tightly within each others arms.

TBC...
magikhands
Obsessed Roswellian

Chapter 20

Post by magikhands »

Chapter 20

When Jesse left Zan’s apartment, he went directly to the jailhouse. He sat down at the table and waited for his client. His mind went back to the evening he spent. His plan had worked perfectly. He’d been able to gain access to the Valenti’s, Guerin, and his client’s brother. Of course, he hadn’t thought that he’d end up as Zan’s date, he was more hoping to get with Michael. But over all, it worked out well.

Even the good night kiss. It was quick and chase on Zan’s part but Jesse had pulled Zan back into his embrace and forced him to share a fiercly deep kiss. Zan had fought it as politely as he could and refused to look at Jesse directly in the eye once he let go of Zan. Jesse had laughed when he exited the building. The evening had been amusing to him.

Max, being escorted into the room by an officer, shook Jesse from his thoughts. Zan had been left handcuffed as he sat in front of his lawyer. He’d had his arraignment and been denied bail for his violence and the ability to flee the country. He was stuck in jail until his trial.

“So? What do you have?”

Jesse smiled.

~*~

Michael lay in bed, head propped on his hand. He watched Zan sleep. Their lovemaking had been…indescribable. Zan was so attentive, keeping their pace slow, making sure Michael was comfortable with everything they did. Zan had kissed and touched every part of Michael’s body, explored it, and lavished it with attention. After their initial lovemaking Michael gained the courage to do the same to Zan. Only after they exhausted themselves did they fall into a deep slumber.

As Michael gazed down at his lover, at the familiar features, not once did he think of Max. When he looked at Zan, he saw only Alexander Evans. Despite their nearly identical looks Michael saw unique aspects to Zan. His eyes are a slightly different shade, Zan had a habit of going a day or two without shaving, he wore his hair longer, and his mannerisms were not formal and stiff. Zan also kept in better shape than his brother, running nearly every day. Zan’s skin was smooth and not so tanned from fake sun.

“A picture will last longer.” Zan said as he tried to hide a smile.

Michael’s cheeks heated and he moved to rise from the bed embarrassed. But before he could swing his legs over the side, Zan grabbed hold of him and flipped them so that he was on top looking down at Michael. Zan’s legs tangled with Michael’s keeping him effectively pinned.

“You can’t get away that easily.” Zan growled playfully in Michael’s ear. He shifted his hips and let his hardened length be known.

Michael smiled up at his lover. With a raised hand, he softly caressed Zan’s roughened cheek. “That’s a good thing.”

Zan lowered his head and claimed Michael’s mouth. Their tongues tangled, knowing each other well now. Zan ran his fingers through Michael’s long locks and groaned with need.

The ring of Zan’s phone sounded in the air. Zan stilled and cursed against Michael’s mouth.

“Such language from a mouth so talented.” Michael chuckled.

Zan growled as he shifted to reach for his cell phone. He couldn’t ignore it. It could be the Sheriff or something about Max. Instead, he was greeted by Maria’s loud and worried voice on the other end.

“Zan…Michael didn’t come home. Have you heard from him?”

Zan looked down at Michael whose attention was on his hand that was lightly tracing unknown shapes on Zan’s chest.

“Uh…” A shiver caused by Michael’s touch shook his body. “Yes. He’s…here.” Zan cleared his throat trying hard to control the urge to hang up on Maria and attack his lover. “He’s fine.”

Zan listened for a moment before handing the phone to Michael. “She wants to talk to you.”

Michael sighed but took the phone knowing that she and Kyle were probably worried sick about him since he’d stormed off the way he did.

“Maria…I’m sorry.” Michael started but was interrupted by her ranting and yelling. He had to hold the phone away from his ear and looked to Zan who could hear every words.

“Wow…she’s really pissed.” Zan whispered chuckling then he heard his name and knew that Maria would be starting in on him next.

When Michael finally hung up he let out a loud breath. “We are expected for lunch.”

“Do we have too?” Zan asked suddenly scared of the hormonally challenged woman.

“If we want to keep our balls…” Michael started but Zan stopped his words with a kiss.

“We’ll keep them but right now we have things to finish.”

TBC...