One of These Days (UC,Mi/L,1/1,Mature) [COMPLETE]

All finished stories from the Unconventional Couples board, the Crossover board, and the Alien Abyss boards will eventually be moved here. See those forums for descriptions.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, Erina, Forum Moderators

elfangel01
Addicted Roswellian

One of These Days (UC,Mi/L,1/1,Mature) [COMPLETE]

Post by elfangel01 »

Title: "One of These Days"

Author: elfangel01

Rating: Mature

Disclaimer: I own nothing. I wish I did, but alas it all belongs to Jason Katims and all those other crazy people. Also, the song is "Change" by the Warren Brothers and the first line is a quote from "Michael, the Guys, and the Great Snapple Caper".

Summary: Michael has issues, Kyle and Liz are his friends.... mischief ensues.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Michael, what you're about to do is not a plan. It's not an idea. It's something you think about in your mind, and then you come up with something... better.” Max looked at his best friend in frustration. Why couldn’t he see that this was reckless and putting everyone in danger?

“Max, all my life you’ve wanted me to be more responsible. You didn’t want me being reckless and revealing our ‘secret’, but in the past three years you’ve done more to reveal us than I ever did. And now that I’m living my own damn life you want me to go and do things your way again. I can’t do this anymore, it’s my life, if you don’t want to be a part of it so be it. Let me live and learn my own way, I don’t need you.”

Michael stormed out of his apartment leaving Max and Maria, who he didn’t even notice come in, standing in his wake. The two friends glanced at each other both unsure of what had just happened before them. Michael had seemed a bit on edge before and he had blown up numerous times but something seemed different. They were brought out of their musings by Michael storming back in, shoving his body between them he simply grunted as he grabbed the case of Snapple. “Forgot this” The door slammed once more behind him.

Went to see a shrink
cause my life is such a mess
thanks Mr. Freud
now I'm broke and depressed
I had to start smoking to get off Nicorette
I put the top down just in time to get wet

Michael stomped down the sidewalk, the case tucked securely under his arm. Why did everyone have to try and run his life? Maria wanted to change him into a better boyfriend; Max and Isabel wanted to play parent to him; the Evan’s were almost as bad as their children. Tess had tried to kill them all, she used Kyle to carry his friend’s dead body and she had severely pissed Liz off from the moment she stepped into town. It all culminated in Alex’s death and as guilty as Michael felt he couldn’t help but want Tess to come back, just to watch the smack down that Liz would lay on the blonde’s ass. They could make a therapist seek therapy with all their problems; well hell, at least they’d get a group discount.

He couldn’t understand why things always seemed so fucked up. Just when everything seemed okay; something would happen and blow everything to hell again. Things had been peachy once things with Tess had calmed down; he had a steady job at the Crashdown along with the side dish at Meta-Chem. He, Liz and Kyle had gotten closer; the three actually hung out as much as possible now. Then Max went and ruined it all by robbing that damn convenience store, looking for his ‘son’, if you asked Michael he thought it was all a whole shit load of bullshit that Tess had come up with to get off the damn planet. However as Kyle had pointed out, what exactly counted as a shit load of bullshit?

one of these days my luck is gonna change
they'll think I'm brillant instead of insane
eveything will be different
but I'll be the same

Isabel was getting married which just meant more crap Michael had to deal with; from listening to Maria whine about how he wasn’t a good boyfriend, to Max complaining about another person being let in on the secret to Isabel wondering why no one was supporting her. Michael continued down the street, turning when he reached the entrance to Meta-Chem. Grumbling as he pulled out his key card, he slipped inside and walked to the cafeteria. Quickly disposing of the evidence that is a Snapple case, Michael turned and walked out whistling. Now he just had to wait to get the call saying they all got their jobs back.

Michael was going to head back to his apartment but thought better of it, realizing that Maria and Max were probably still there. Making a last minute decision he changed direction and went to the Crashdown; as expected Liz and Kyle were sitting in a booth in the back eating dinner and laughing. He walked over and dropped into the seat next to Liz, tipping his head mournfully back.

“What’s wrong?” Kyle looked at his big friend, his blue eyes sparkling with mischief.

“Max and Maria were back to nagging me, as if I haven’t got enough to deal with already. Michael when are you going to take me out? Max takes Liz out” Michael looked up abruptly from his mockery as Kyle and Liz both snorted and traded glances. “What did I miss?”

“Max is obviously living in denial; it’s been over since before Tess left. I technically haven’t gone out with him since before Tess even came to town.”

“Well somebody needs to tell him that”

“Been there, tried that”

Michael arched a brow of amusement at Kyle from his tone. “I’m sure you did, and how did that conversation turn out?”

“Gave him a black eye and a split lip but alas since we were alone he was able to heal it.”

“Alas?” snickered Liz.

bought a new shirt as it was going out of style
stood up a blind date
it was Nicki Dial
bought a massage so i could relax
big man masseuse almost broke my back

“Hey guys, I need to blow off some stress and I have a very juvenile, slightly less criminal than normal way of doing it” Michael smirked conspiratorially at Kyle and Liz as they both leaned in closer.

Five hours later, under the cover of night; Michael, Kyle and Liz snuck up to the apartment complex that Michael lived in.

“Perfect, he left it parked outside as usual.” Michael looked over at Kyle and Liz; all three pulled out the rolls of toilet paper and began circling the car. “What are you doing?” Michael hissed at Liz as she placed her hand on the hood of the car and closed her eyes in concentration. Pulling back a moment later she beamed a huge smile at Michael.

“I’m having fun.” Motioning to the car, both men saw it was now bright green and an alien outline was on the hood shooting a peace sign.

“Evan’s is gonna flip!”

“And it’s so worth it.”

The three friends finished toilet papering the Chevelle before Michael waved his hand over the nearly covered car and condoms of varying sizes appeared over the top of the paper.

“Hang on, I think he needs a few more” scowled Liz. Waving her hand on the inside, hundreds, still in the little foil wrappers appeared. “That’s better, now he can’t screw up our lives in that particular way again.”

“Shit, somebody’s coming” Kyle turned and ran one way, while Michael snagged Liz around the waist and pulled her against his hard body into the shadows.

“Michael?”

“Shh… it’s him” Michael pulled the petite brunette in closer with him. Michael coughed slightly when his senses were assaulted with everything Liz. He had never looked at Liz in that way but right now, with her pressed up against him it was becoming very hard not too; very hard.

”Michael, is he gone?”

Michael looked around the corner once more and saw his friend’s back retreating. Even in the dim lighting he could tell that Max’s ears were bright red with fury. He snickered slightly and was completely caught off guard when Liz leaned up on tip toes and planted a soft kiss on his lips.

they'll think I'm brillant instead of insane
eveything will be different
but I'll be the same

“What was that for?” Michael looked down in confusion at the girl still in his arms.

“For being you, for caring about me and letting me be me.” Liz trailed off and bit her lip in worry. “I’m sorry if I overstepped any boundaries.”

“No, no” Michael was quick to alleviate her fears. “It wasn’t overstepping. I, uh…” He scratched his eyebrow, trying to think of how to say what he wanted to. “I like you Liz” he finally blurted.

“I like you too Michael.” Liz’s face lit up with happiness. “So, what now?”

“Now, I’m going to show the whole world that I’ve got the greatest girl on my arm.” Michael leaned down and placed another light kiss on Liz’s lips. Smirking as she shrieked when he pulled her further into the shadows.

Oh. McDreamy was doing the McNasty with McHottie? That McBastard. Uh, how was that?
-Dr. George O'Malley

Check out my stories :)
viewtopic.php?t=14727