Control (CC, I/Mi POV, TEEN, WA) [COMPLETE]

All finished stories from the Unconventional Couples board, the Crossover board, and the Alien Abyss boards will eventually be moved here. See those forums for descriptions.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, Erina, Forum Moderators

Ti88
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Control (CC, I/Mi POV, TEEN, WA) [COMPLETE]

Post by Ti88 »

Ok I hope this is the right place to place this. It's CC in the fact its about M/M and A/I. But its a sonfic and and its Michael and Isabel's thought on what's going on with Maria and Alex. I read the rules and I think it goes here for this board. I really don't want to offend anyone. If it belongs somewhere I am very sorry. Please just let me.

Title: Control

Author: Roselle

Rating: Teen

Type/Pairing: Isabel and Michael reflect on how they feel about Alex and Maria and the situation. Complete. 1 Part.

Disclaimer: Roswell. The characters, show, books, etc belong to the writers, authors, TV companies, etc. No infringement is intended in anyway. See this as homage to you. Your ideas have inspired us and drawn us together…giving life to a show that has been cancelled. Insuring its survival long into the future.

Credit: The song belongs to M2M. It’s called Don’t Say you Love Me and it’s from the movie Pokemon the First Movie soundtrack.

Spoilers: Well the only real spoiler is Season 1.

Summary: Michael and Isabel are both getting ready to see Maria and Alex. Their thoughts while getting ready and after.

Author’s note: A lot of time we dump on Michael and Isabel and how they treat Maria and Alex. Not saying things were always handled in the best way. But I felt maybe they could use a chance to speak. To speak and not at a point where everything hit the fan and they had no choice. What if there were always thoughts going through there heads. (No cracks about Michael please. He is trying to be serious.)

Got introduced to you by a friend
You were cute and all that, baby you set the trend
Yes you did oh
The next thing I know we're down at the cinema
We're sitting there, you said you love me
What's that about?

Michael picked up another of Maria’s bottles. He shook his head. How much crap does she bring over and leave here? Is there anything left at her house? Maria and her mom were coming over for dinner tonight. She gave him strick orders to clean the place or else. At times like this he wasn't sure he got it. He had tried to explain it a couple of times, but it always came out all wrong. Sure he liked her. If he was honest he may have more than like her. It was the feeling that ever since Max had saved Liz, the rest of them had been dragged head long into relationships, that maybe on its own…One your babbling in your head and two be honest. If you can’t honest with yourself who can you be honest with. He would have never asked Maria out. But why would he. She never seemed remotely interested. She was not Alex or Max.

Isabel checked herself in the mirror. Her, Isabel Evans, Princess of West Roswell High as well as another planet was more or less dating Alex Whitman, Dodge ball King and Techno Geek extraordinaire. She had seen into his dream. He's totally in love with me. On one hand ego wise she thought she was great. On the other though, deep down she knew she had many shortcomings. Dishonesty was not one of them. “I’m not ready for this.”

You're moving too fast, I don't understand you
I'm not ready yet, baby I can't pretend
No I can't
The best I can do is tell you to talk to me
It's possible, eventual
Love will find a way
Love will find a way...

Michael surveyed the apartment. “Looks good to me. What can’t she come clean it, if she wants it clean? I live here she doesn’t.” When did that happen? Its not like I don’t not like it. He sat on the couch and closed his eyes. He knew exactly where it came from. Somewhere along the way control over him went from Hank, to Isabel and Max, to Maria. Hank was out of the picture. He still had to contend with Isabel and Max and Maria. He knew they cared and Isabel and Max loved him. And if what was coming out of Maria’s mouth was any indication, then she did too. Michael shook his head again. They didn’t get it. He needed to feel as if he had some control over something. He was on earth with uncontrollable powers, and he couldn’t get a say in who he dated?

Alex opened the car for Isabel. They were going for a surprise he told her. She smiled. Not to many people tried to surprise Isabel Whitman. They just took her as is. She knew she should make small talk. Why can’t I just enjoy the evening? I never had this much trouble on other dates before. She knew the answer. This was different. The situation was different and it terrified her. She knew that although she held all the power and knowledge, since she already knew how he felt, this was one situation she could not control. They were too many outside forces. How do I feel about that? Alex if sensing her mood reached over squeezed her hand and smiled. Yep, totally not in control.

Don't say you love me
You don't even know me
If you really want me
Then give me some time
Don't go there baby
Not before I'm ready
Don't say your heart's in a hurry
It's not like we're gonna get married
Give me, give me some time

Dinner was over and Michael thought he had an ally. Amy while thrilled her daughter seemed to be happy and with someone who was not…he did not want to remember Amy’s colorful descriptions of all the things she could do with a newspaper that had nothing to do with reading. She sensed his apprehension. As she left she hugged him and told him, “My daughter is strong willed and strong minded. She gets it from me and it’s how she has survived so much. But don’t let her or anyone else ever force his or her will on you. You yourself have survived a lot; so I know you have a strong will also. Should the two of you stay together, then it will make for interesting stories.”

Isabel watched Alex leave from the window. It was a nice date. Her best date ever. They were totally in sync and Alex was a perfect true gentleman. What can I expect? His best friends are two girls. And not any girls. Perfect Parker and Hurricane Deluca. Alex is a well-trained puppy. She let the curtain go and sighed. What happens if I am unable to return what he wants? Alex would wait. She, Isabel Evans was it for Mr. Alex Whitman. She knew that. Its not that I want someone else, cause right now I don’t. I just feel like I have been living a fractured, compartmentalize life for so long. Now wham it all fit so nicely. Is it fair to Alex? What if I just want to be with him because he knows and knowing he knows he still wants to be with me? It was safe and smart. But it didn’t make it right. If she had to hurt him, she wanted it to be for his benefit not for hers.

Here's how I play, here's where you stand
Here's what to prove to get any further than where it's been
I'll make it clear, not gonna tell you twice
Take it slow, you keep pushing me
You're pushing me away
Pushing me away...

Isabel fluffed her pillows and turned out the light. She smiled. She had finally made her mind up. Tomorrow her and Alex are going to have a conversation they should have had before they went out. He had told him how hurt he was when Liz and Maria weren’t honest with him and shut him out. Isabel hoped he meant it. Tomorrow she planned to lay all the cards on the table. How she felt and her insecurities. If he wanted to wait around while she got her head together, then that was on him. If not, they would always be friends. Either way, he would have a chance to make that choice, now. Or at least be thinking about it. Max and Michael were forever bound to her, because they had no choice. She did not want Alex to be there unless he wanted to be. And she refused to wake up one day and realize the only reason she was with him was because she felt she had no choice. They both deserved better than that.

Michael yawned and shut off the television, he was pretending to watch. He was going to take Amy’s advice. Maria was always telling him how she felt. Tomorrow he was turning the tables on her. After school tomorrow he’d take her out to the quarry. There he and his little pixie would have a heart to heart. Michael hoped she could handle it. He didn’t know everything, but he knew right now if he was going to share with anyone who he saw himself as, what he was feeling, and what was going on inside his head – he knew it would be her. Their conversation in the ‘nokkie’ motel as she liked to call it and on the night he made the decision to stand up to Hank never got out. He figured she could handle this.

The End
Last edited by Ti88 on Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.