Stolen Moments 1/1 ~ Mi/L~ ADULT ~ 07/21

All finished stories from the Unconventional Couples board, the Crossover board, and the Alien Abyss boards will eventually be moved here. See those forums for descriptions.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, Erina, Forum Moderators

tiredmuse
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Stolen Moments 1/1 ~ Mi/L~ ADULT ~ 07/21

Post by tiredmuse »

Hey guys, here is that one-parter I promised. Hope you like!

Title: Stolen Moments
Author: muse
Rating: Adult
Disclaimer: I own nothing at all associated with Roswell or Michael Guerin. Though, there are days when I wish that I did
Summary: Companion piece to Unfinished Portraits. You don’t need to read that to understand the gist of this, but it helps.
Author’s Note: This is my first attempt at anything with some hubba hubba in it, so please be gentle. For Tams and Lis who have been telling me forever that I could write it and actually believing that I could. And thanks to the wonderful Stacie who beta’d this last minute for me. Thanks a huge bunch hun!

Stolen Moments

The heat broke sometime before sunrise, making the small apartment a little more bearable. He lay next to me, on his back, one arm stretched above his head. Rolling over, I sat up enough to trace his full mouth softly with my fingers. The sheets were twisted over his lower half so that only his bare chest and legs were visible. I knew from experience that only the thin cotton separated his body from mine. Even after weeks of sleeping beside him and sharing his bed, I still had to fight the blush that stained my cheeks.

My hands left his lips, and trailed delicately down his torso, teasing across the broad, muscular expanse that was often hidden underneath his baggy shirts and uniforms. I liked the idea that only I got to see him this way. Naked, sleeping and oddly vulnerable – the soldier stance that was so ingrained into his being melted away in the night when he succumbed to dreams.

My hands dipped lower until I gripped the silken length of him, feeling the softness grow firm and larger as I lightly stroked him. His lashes fluttered and I shivered, the sight of him moved me in ways I still can’t completely fathom. I raised myself above and slid onto him, already wet and eager. I pulled his shirt he gave me to wear off of my body and leaned in to kiss that mouth that had made me cry out for more, earlier in the night. That had made me yell his name and dig my nails into his shoulders.

His body rose in tandem with mine and his eyes opened, their whiskey colour gleaming in the near darkness. He clutched my hips and drove himself up, higher. He groaned out my name when I leaned in close, my hard nipples brushing against him. I cried out soon after.

<center>~*~</center>

In the morning he makes me coffee and scrounges up something for our breakfast. Mostly we dine on last nights takeout; cold pizza, the Crashdown’s menu or whatever groceries he has. We don’t always talk a lot – which is strangely comforting. I used to alternately swoon and agonize over the words that Max would say to me. I’ve learned now that actions speak louder in comparison with volumes of broken promises.

I watch him walk out of his bathroom, after an inhumanly quick shower, a faded blue towel slung low on his hips. He recognizes the look in my eyes and the quick intake of my breath and gives me that smirk that makes me so hot and infuriated at the same time. I wondered how a man can be so masculine and so damn beautiful that my heart aches and my stomach clenches when he’s near.

Droplets of water run down his upper body and he knows that I am imagining licking them off. Slowly.

“Parker,” he playfully admonishes, “Don’t you ever get enough?” before dragging me back to bed. In truth I’m not sure that I can. He makes me feel wanton and alive and sexy.

Michael also makes me feel loved.

<center>~*~</center>

We’ve come to an understanding, Michael and I. We keep our relationship to ourselves – not out of shame, but a selfishness that new lovers all possess. We just want to enjoy it a little longer before we let the rest of the world in on our secret. And have to deal with all the drama that follows.

There’s no talk of love or commitment or happily ever after. We don’t want it or need it. Will Michael and I still be together 3 years or 3 months from now? I hope so. But I don’t need to hear vows that can so easily be broken. Maybe one day, he’ll have to leave and go find Max. Maybe one day I’ll go to Harvard like I always dreamed.

We never speak of Maria or Max anymore. We both feel a little guilty. After all, we’ve both betrayed our best friends in a sense. But then sometimes I think that Maria and I have just grown too different to even be friends anymore. She rarely calls or writes; busy with her recording and touring. I’m proud of her for that. She got out – escaped this tourist trap and made her dreams come true. But we don’t seem to connect anymore. I think she senses something in my voice when she asks me about him. No matter how we’ve grown apart, she still knows how to judge the inflection in my voice as I say his name.

As for Max, it’s a bitter love-hate that Michael feels for his ‘brother’. His loves his King and friend and he misses their friendship. But he’s disgusted by how Max abandoned both of us.

I want to tell Kyle, and I think that Michael does as well. Who knew that Mr. Valenti, my ex-boyfriend would be the one to keep the remaining members of the “I Know an Alien Club” together? He keeps an eye on Isabel as her marriage falls apart around her offering a strong shoulder to lean on – when I know all he wants to do is gather her in his arms. He spends his evenings at the Crashdown when Michael works sharing funny stories about his day at the garage and ribbing him about their last game of bowling. And he’s the one that comes with me to see Alex every month. I know how hard it is for him – to stand over the grave of a friend he loved and feel so much guilt at the way Tess used him. I just hold his hand, letting him know he’s never been to blame.

<center>~*~</center>

I wind my leg around Michael’s thigh, the two of us spent in his bed. He pulls my head down upon his shoulder and kisses my forehead. The rise and fall of his chest eases something inside of me. I’m content. Filled. Happy.

He’s got to open the restaurant tomorrow and I have classes to attend. But I wish as I do nearly every night, that time could just stop and the two of us could stay here.

I know that one morning our carefully built secret world is going to fall apart around us. Once our friends and family know about us, everything will change. Saying that Isabel will disapprove would be an understatement. She’ll only see us betraying the brother she misses so much.

My parents could surprise me. They like Michael - better yet they respect him and what he’s made for himself. But if they had any idea of what their innocent little Lizzie has been doing, I don’t think that Michael would be living very long.

And one day, whether it’s tomorrow or a thousands tomorrow from now, Max will be back. He’ll stand on my doorstep and wonder why I haven’t waited for him all that time. And why his second in command would steal his one true love.

Michael’s arms hold tight around me and I try to banish the fears from my mind. I want to cling to the time that has been given to us, a perfect gift that I can’t fully explain or comprehend. Most nights I don’t want to. It’s enough to lay here beside this man, cloaked in his embrace and know that whatever tomorrow brings, we’ll face it together.

~ The end

I have come undone... Obsidian

My rambles...

Take a walk on the wildside... polarattraction.net