Flaws (UC A/L Teen) COMPLETE

All finished stories from the Unconventional Couples board, the Crossover board, and the Alien Abyss boards will eventually be moved here. See those forums for descriptions.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, Erina, Forum Moderators

Get Over It
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Flaws (UC A/L Teen) COMPLETE

Post by Get Over It »

Title: Flaws
Pairing: Alex and Liz
Rating: Teen
Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell.
Summary: Liz starts to see Alex in a different way.
Author's note: Okay, this is my first ever fic. EVER. Well, expect that one time in high school. So sorry if it sucks. Give it to me straight anyway. Bad or good.

Part 1

The problem with Max wasn’t that I didn’t love him enough. We were soulmates after all.

The problem was that in his eyes, I was a goddess, someone that deserved his worship. He believed I needed better then him. Someone not alien, someone human. Something more than he could ever be.

It’s not that I don’t think I was enough for him. I thought I was enough. I just had to be perfect. I thought I could hold his image of me and prove just how much I was this perfect being.

The problem was that I had flaws. Max couldn’t understand that. I could commit no wrong.

How do you compete with a perfect image of yourself? The answer is, you don’t.

I tried, I really did. It was hard to make sure that I never did any wrong. That I stayed in his standards. No matter how hard you try, you will always slip up.

I know everyone could see the cracks. See me slipping of his pedestal. I was falling and falling and falling. Then I was down.

I wasn’t sure if I would ever get up. Then he made my eyes open.

He was always my best friend. He understood me, more then Maria, more than Max, more than anyone.

When we were thrown in jail, and I was forced to tell him the truth, he believed because I believed. He never doubted me, or turned me away.

He knew I had flaws. He saw them, accepted them. I wasn’t perfect and he saw that. I didn’t have to pretend to be something I’m not. He made me understand that. I was me and that was all I could ever be, and that was enough.

He didn’t believe the rumors about me and Kyle, but he didn’t question or demanded. He let it go when I asked.

Watching movies and talking was something we always did. But this night was different it was the beginning of something new, something wonderful. I don’t know who moved closer first. Just a simple kiss made me look at what was happening. Revaluate my life. Made me realize something I had known all along.

I loved him. Not the way a best friend loves. The way a man and woman loves.

It was eye-opener. It was freeing. It was exciting. It was everything

It made me question if I loved Max or if it was a loved based on obligation and misplaced gratitude.

I did love Max, I do. But the love a feel for Max is slowing ebbing away. Being replaced with something more, something better.

It happened at prom. I saw them hugging. Kissing her when he was my date. This was my prom, this was my dream and it was crumbling.

I was leaving, fleeing to Sean. He was busy, dancing with Isabel. He saw me though, excused himself from her and came to me.

I was dieing inside. I couldn’t have Max. I couldn’t have him. When was it my turn, when was it going to be my chance for happiness.

He took me to his house. He didn’t understand what was wrong, what had happened.

He held me, talked to me. I told him how I couldn't have him, and I couldn't have Max.

I explained that I loved him, loved him more then he could imagine.

That night things really changed.

It started out as I kiss. A kiss I initiated.

The kisses grew harder. More fanatical, more passionate.

My dress was unzipping; his shirt was gone.

His pants were off; my dress was on the floor.

Suddenly we were naked.

He was in me, I could feel him. Moving, caressing, stoking, and bringing me higher and higher.

The fiery touches, loving whispers, the blistering desire were all wound so tight.

Then it all came to one perfect moment. The world stopped. All I could hear was his breath, his words. That one perfect moment where everything and everyone ceased to be, where it was just us, just our hearts, our words, our sounds.

I don’t know what will happen.

I don’t know where this will end.

I do know one thing though.

I was wrong when I told future Max he would never be second best, because he would. He will always be second best compared to Alex Whitman.
Last edited by Get Over It on Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:35 am, edited 3 times in total.