The Rebel *Sequel* (CC ALL, YTEEN) Ch. 26 - pg. 19 - 12 / 9 / 20

This is the place to post all your General Roswell fanfiction. Any Canon fics, which pick up directly from any episode of the show and that focus on Max/Liz, Michael/Maria, Isabel/Alex or Isabel/Jesse, Kyle/Tess, or all the couples together! Rule of Thumb: If Max healed Liz in the Crashdown in September 1999, then your fic belongs here. If it picks up from the show in any way, it belongs here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, jbangelo, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

xilaj
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: The Rebel *Sequel* (CC ALL, YTEEN) Ch. 9 - pg. 8 - 1 / 1

Post by xilaj »

I'm so happy you've been able to post another update Misha! And the change of pace is great. The present is on-the-edge-of-your-seat exciting, and the past is fascinating.
And Daniel in play - wow, I really wasn't expecting him to pop up. What's his agenda and who is he in contact with? Could it be Khivar and his forces? This has the possibility to turn everything on its head. Suddenly the situation feels even more out of control. Daniel is such an unknown quantity, someone who Dave doesn't control, who Dave didn't know was a player and who maybe has Dave's measure. I have no idea what's going to happen now and seeing Dave drive off with Daniel is very unsettling. At least when he was a prisoner of the Unit, his people knew where he was and could work on rescuing him. Now they'll have no idea where he is, or who he's with. He's completely on his own.
This part leaves me with so many questions! I really wonder about Max's weakness. What's causing it? I can't help thinking about Max's reaction to the rose, is there a connection? (Does Daniel know about that?) And why is Max and Liz's connection so weak? What or who is blocking it?
There's so much confusion, I really feel for Max. How can he choose the right thing to do? Go after Liz, or listen to his guards? Will Liz and Jade unwittingly cause another diversion, attracting the Unit's attention away from the real Max and fake Liz? And which faction does the sniper belong to? With Van shot (how badly?), does that leave Max in charge? How can he take control of this situation? One thing that did puzzle me a bit was why Violet shifted into Liz's form. If they're trying to get Max away unnoticed, wouldn't having Max and Liz moving together make it doubly easy for their hunters to spot them?
I love going back into the past, so I'm looking forward to the next update, but I can't wait for the one after that so that we can see what happens next here in the present!
I was very interested to read your comments. A couple of things stood out for me:
Misha wrote:I think like Tess, Van is in love with the idea of Zan, despite of who Max might be now.
This comparison really made me think. Max is surrounded by so many expectations, does he have the strength to be true to himself? And is Van above manipulating Max, playing on his sense of responsibility? How free a choice does he intend to give Max when the time comes for him to choose between Earth and Antar? After all of these years waiting for the time to be right for Max to return, could Van really accept a decision where Max chooses Earth and Liz instead of Van and Antar?
Misha wrote: And the moment Dave wants out, he can just disappear. Max doesn't have that luxury.
[/quote]
Does Dave still have that luxury? The deal he's made with Van has given him a huge responsibility. He's tied to Max and the hybrids and their future and in a sense he's taken on the role of protecting the Earth in the face of much more powerful aliens and their agendas. He could turn his back on it all and disappear, and in a sense, so could Max, but I can't see either Dave or Max doing that...
As always, you're leaving me with so much to think about! Thank you for this great story, I love it, and I'm so looking forward to the next update! Alix
xmag
Addicted Roswellian

Post by xmag »

Hello Misha and happy new year ! Did I miss two updates??? Shame on me!!! I’ve been reading this story faithfully for 8 years and I miss two updates. Sigh. Okay, for my defense? 2013… one of the worst years of my life. For real. Then Pride and Prejudice. What can I say, before, during and after Christmas, every year, I go into “Pride and Prejudice” mode, to celebrate the first time that I watched the 1995 BBC series, years ago. Meaning, lots of P&P fics reading and rewatching the series. And the 2005 movie.

Okay, back to Roswell and this story.

The moment where the guards are watching Max and Liz have fun in the snow. So moving. I mean, they aren’t the main characters, they aren’t even original characters but I felt for them. They’ve had such a terrible life, all they had was hope in the future and now, they won’t have that because Max will choose Liz over Antar and the Antarians. Jet might be pessimistic but he is the most realistic of the three. The others just don’t want to see their hope, aka Zan, as Max because it would be too painful for them. I would be careful if I were Max. One bitter and disappointed guard could cause horrible things to get his revenge, if he or she believes that Max/Zan has betrayed them all. That he had been given a new life where he has been loved by parents, where he has found romantic love, while all they had for decades was war.

At one point, they will be asked to come back. And then, what? They don’t really want it, they don’t really have the abilities to rule, they don’t get the Antarians, their way of life, is it fair for the Antarians to have such rulers? Antarians are in the background, but they do exist. Their suffering has been real, their hopes are, too, represented by the guards. I can’t help thinking about them and hoping that they will get a future, after those decades of death, chaos and tragedy.

I really, really hope that Van is the next king. He has what it takes. He can do it. He wants to help and save his people in a way that Max can’t. Liz will always come first. Antar and antarians, after decades of civil war, deserve freedom and deserve a good king to rebuild. The more and more I read, the less I believe that our roswellians are up to the task. Too humans, too involved in their romantic lives. While Van… he is already a king in my mind. He just needs to let go of his ideal picture of Zan and realize that he isn’t the right choice for Antar, but that he, Van, is. Everybody would win, IMO, our Roswellians, Van, the Antarians, everybody!

And I think you are giving us hints that it’s how it’s going to end. We keep reading about Max’s thoughts, how he feels no lure for the Antarian palaces, how he is called Zan, Majesty and so on, how he hates the importance placed on him by his guards… he doesn’t want the job of king, that’s obvious to me.

Okay, we saw the situation with Max and Liz and the danger they are in. But what about the others? I have forgotten where they are, what they are living through, are they in danger, are they safe?

Michael : From day one, I knew you were the girl for me, I never wanted anyone else.
Timelord31
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Timelord31 »

ok.. we need an update..
Timelord31
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Timelord31 »

when we getting the next chapter?
Timelord31
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Timelord31 »

when we getting Another great chapter? It is time.. Its actually past time.
xmag
Addicted Roswellian

Post by xmag »

Still reading this wonderful story and waiting for another chapter.

Michael : From day one, I knew you were the girl for me, I never wanted anyone else.
Misha
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Misha »

Hey guys! I have the next few chapters lined up, just a bit of editing and betaing and it should be going your way next week :D I will come back and answer the AWESOME feedback, too! Thank you all for your patience and nudges :D

On other news, the Roswell Cast will have a reunion in Texas next month :mrgreen: There's a lovely girl who's going to print out a fan album to get it to them, in case you guys want to send her a message and your own photographs doing fandom stuff :) The form is at the bottom :wink:

Misha
"There's addiction, and there's Roswell!"
fadedblue
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by fadedblue »

So glad to hear more is on the horizon, I've been missing this! I credit this series for getting me back into CC/Future fics :).
xilaj
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by xilaj »

Hey Misha! I'm excited about a new update! I can't wait! Alix
Misha
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Misha »

Feedback Time!!!!

You, guys, are AWESOME!!!

xilaj, ::evil grin:: Daniel is a game changer :twisted: I hinted at him all the way since The Offer, so it's SO NICE to finally get him out in the open :lol:

Ah! What's happening to Max will be revealed soon -like next present chap soon, I think- so the guessing won't torment you for long.
This comparison really made me think. Max is surrounded by so many expectations, does he have the strength to be true to himself? And is Van above manipulating Max, playing on his sense of responsibility? How free a choice does he intend to give Max when the time comes for him to choose between Earth and Antar? After all of these years waiting for the time to be right for Max to return, could Van really accept a decision where Max chooses Earth and Liz instead of Van and Antar?
There's a scene already written where some of these points get addressed, so it's neat to see you already thinking about it! Everyone has always had so many expectations about Max: beginning with Michael, Nasedo, passing through his parents, the sheriff, and even Liz. Not to forget Tess, Nikolas, Larek and the Summit leaders, and up till now, in my little world with Kal, Van and Dave... And Max wants to do the right thing, but at some point, he has to realize that there is no right thing but what he chooses for himself. Someone's gonna lose no matter what he decides.

If anything, Zan's memories are making it clear that being a king is not easy, but making decisions comes with the territory. Max is good at making choices, he just has a ways to go when it comes to this kind of playground.

Regarding the differences between Dave and Max, I guess it comes down to the fact that Max was born king, and Dave was born free, just to fall in the hands of the "bad" guys. Dave can choose to disappear, and so can Max, but Max will always be king. Dave can become your average Joe, if he so desired :mrgreen: Of course, now he's too deep to do anything but follow through, and he's doing it with a few regrets, as well :shock:

xmag, sooooo good to see you back, girl!!!! ::hugs:: I'm so sorry to hear you had a bad year. Hope things are looking up!

So, did you fly all across the Atlantic and went through my files? You have hinted at some very interesting points I'll address later. By now, is no secret that Van would certainly make the best king, you just have to convince Van of committing treason, and go against what has been ingrained in him since he was born: get Zan back. Oh, and that Seal business is lurking in the shadows, too. Max is also getting his first real interaction with Antarians -and this at a point in his life when he does remember a good deal of Zan's life.

Decisions, decisions...

Timelord, where would I be without your nudges?! :shock:

fadedblue, woa! I'm honored! What got you into the story in the first place?

And now, to the next chapter!

Misha
"There's addiction, and there's Roswell!"