Rising In Limbo (CC, M/L, Adult) 12/15/09 Chpt 14 *Complete*

Finished Canon/Conventional Couple Fics. These stories pick up from events in the show. All complete stories from the main Canon/CC board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

Hunter
Forum Moderator

Rising In Limbo (CC, M/L, Adult) 12/15/09 Chpt 14 *Complete*

Post by Hunter »

Awesome Banner is by Behrbabe. Love it! :D

Disclaimer: I don't own the characters from Roswell, I'm just borrowing them.

Author: Hunter

Summary: What if the special unit got a hold of Liz instead of Max?

rating: Adult

pairing: M/L

Author's note: This is a challenge fic, here's the link.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13012&start=160

I'm doing challenge 93 by behrstars. Hope I can live upto your expectations lol. :D First time that I'm writing a dark fic.

Hope you guys enjoy.

PROLOGUE

The night was unforgivably cold, the frozen wisps of air battered against his skin but yet he kept on digging and digging until he felt the cool wet metal against his fingertips. Struggling with the steel hatch, he used all his strength to pull it up. But it was proving to be difficult with the piles of hardened snow around him.

Fluffs of snow kept falling down and his entire body was trembling in ice. His soul was on the verge of being glazed.

He tugged and pulled but the steel was too hard for him, stronger them him, he went falling back into the pile of snow behind him.

His coat was soaked with icy liquid snow that froze on his clothes like iced crystals. But he never gave up. Getting back up on his feet again, he made small steps towards the hatch and touched it.

Suddenly his hand glowed red and the hatch opened leaving a puzzled look on his face.

The metal click and a hiss of steam poured out from underneath. He moved back a little to allow the steam to mingle with the cool frosty air and dissolve before his view was clear.

He was very tempted to see what was down there, in the dark abyss which he was forbidden to see.

Closer and closer he edged towards the hatch opening, he leaned in closer to finally see what was hidden from him.

But before he could have a chance to explore the deep depths within the hatch, two hands grabbed his frail shoulders and pulled him away in a vigorous force.

The voice bellowed his name in a angry tone. His guardian wasn't pleased with him.

"What did I tell you about not wondering around boy!".

The grip on his arms got tighter as he lost puffs of air while he was shaken away from the hatch. "Let me go!". He struggled in the man's strong hold, trying to wriggle free and jump into the hatch.

He wished he was there earlier, he should have know his master's sleep was very light and kept a strong hold over him. He had no freedom whatsoever.

The others, shut the hatch quickly as their leader drags him back into the hut and throws him in his room onto the small spring bed. "Now listen up boy, these four walls is your house. You live here, you eat here and you sleep here. Got that?". He warned, pointing an index finger at him.

He scowled at the dark haired beefy man. "I can't be your prisoner for too long!".

The man sneered. "You were born to be my prisoner." He chuckled and then shut the door and locked it, leaving the small boy left in anger and in tears.

However, he jumped off his bed and ran to the window, gripping the thick lead bars which restricted him from escaping into the outside world. He pulled with all his might but a surge of electricity sparked through his fingers, hit the lead and bounced back into him, sending him falling back onto the floor.

He let out a small moan of pain and used his hands to help him sit up. Looking at the window, he promised himself that he would escape soon

And find his family...

Last edited by Hunter on Fri May 22, 2009 11:00 am, edited 16 times in total.
Hunter
Forum Moderator

Re: Rising In Limbo (CC, M/L, Adult) 11/22/08 chpt 1 p. 2

Post by Hunter »

Thanks for the fb

Pijeechinadoll
Natalie36
garcia88
begonia9508
keepsmiling7
jake17
Lena7
destinyc
behrstars

Hope you guys enjoy the next part and thanks for your wonderful fb! Much appreciated! :D

Chpt one

10 years ago..

Roswell, New Mexico

"Max...are you sure we can do this?". Liz asked as he pulled her into his arms. Breathless, he kissed her some more, unable to retain the hunger that had awakened in him. He wanted her, he needed her.

"I want you so bad Liz." He growled, cupping her cheeks and turning her to face him. "I want you to know how much I want you." And in the moonlight she could see his eyes darken in a powerful lust and then she felt the hot moist gather between her legs.

She shuddered as his hands slowly and gently wondered down the sides of her face, past her creamy neck and shoulders and brushed the sides of her soft breasts. She let out a whimper as he finally dared to touch her intimately.

Once he had acquired her consent to touch her, there would be no going back.

"Touch me Max." A soft whisper escaped her lips.

This was the moment to seize, carpe diem. It was either now or never and considering the lecture her mother had given her about entering that world, she was sure now was the right moment. With her Max, nothing could go wrong. It wasn't about finding the answers to their flashes anymore. It was about fulfilling their love for each other, satisfying each other's needs and merging together.

She could feel his thoughts through their connection just as he could sense hers.

His hands cupped around her breast and he pressed them gently, extracting a moan of pleasure from her. This was an uncharted territory, he was terrified that this was happening too quick and the fears of what the results might be if he made love to her. An alien making love to a human. He could be the first to do so or if not, but nevertheless he had never heard of this before.

"Are you sure Liz?". He asked tightly, holding onto her globes.

Liz pressed her lips together for a moment of silence and her eyes flickered down on Max's jeans.

Suddenly she reached out and unzipped him in a sudden dare, seizing his erection in her hands. "Shit Liz!". Max hissed when her tiny hand enveloped his boxer clad erection.

"If this is how much sure you are you want me, then I feel the same. I want you to make love to me Max." She said boldly and stroked him a couple of times, out of curiosity to see how'd he react.

Max jerked in her hands. "Liz." He growled, fighting the urge to push his hips forward and ride her hand.

He had dreamt of many moments of taking her, fantasising about loving her all night long and now when it was time, he wasn't sure if he could control himself. He didn't want to fall on her like some beast.

But his needs were primal. His urges more powerful then any average human being. He could feel his warm blood rush through his heated veins.

In one quick movement, her clothes were removed from her body and so was his. Both of them rolled across the blanket laid out on the desert floor, him between her legs, limbs entangled as they ravished each other's hunger by passionate kisses. His manhood grazing across her smooth thigh.

"Oh Max...Take me now. Make me yours." She moaned, needing to quench her thirst.

And that's when things had changed between them forever. They had taken that step into the unknown...

A few days later, things had taken a dramatic turn. Just when she thought they'd be closer then ever, a new face had appeared in town. Some cute chick with short blonde hair happened to be the centre of attention...especially Max's.

Liz had tried to ignore it first. Trying to brush it off as a stupid gossip. She knew how rumours spread and Maria sometimes did over react but when that little drama had taken place in their bio class. She didn't know what to believe anymore.

And it hurt even more when other students had began to spread rumours about her Max and Tess being an 'item'. She knew it was just gossip but it affected her so much. She began thinking of the little moments where Max would get lost in Tess' eyes. At the crashdown, on the street and even while he was sitting next to her in class.

Liz felt something uneasy through their connection and he had blocked her out from seeing what the cause was and that had hurt her more.

So she spent the entire afternoon avoiding everyone including Maria and focusing on her classes. The problem would go away if she ignored it. She kept making herself believe it was paranoia and she was allowing herself to suffer from fatal delusions.

Max had rung her fifteen times and it wasn't helping. She had deliberately put off her phone to have a good crying session in the toilet's without being disturbed. She didn't know why she was so emotional these days. Crying at little things.

Although she and Max had finally made love, she didn't feel happy and close to Max as she expected she would. Instead, she felt distanced and held Tess responsible in her mind.

Maybe her mother was right, maybe she had rushed things. Maybe it was too soon. But there was no going back.

When she wiped the remaining tears from her eyes, she threw it in the toilet and flushed it. She opened the door and walked out to wash the tears of her hands.

To her surprise she came face to face with the certain blonde. "Hi Liz!". Tess smiled before moving past her to enter the cubicle.

Liz was almost startled by Tess' sudden appearance.

"Tess." Liz stated in a flat tone. "Hi."

Tess stopped and faced Liz. "Hey, I wanted to ask you something." Tess said, holding onto the side of the cubicle. "You don't mind Max being my lab partner do you?".

"He's my lab partner. You guys were just working together for one day." Liz growled, clenching her fists.

And before Tess could respond, Liz made an exit from the bathroom.

Damn that Tess, she thought to herself.

After a hard day's work at the crashdown, there was nothing more Liz wanted to do then kick off her shoes and lay back watching a rom com movie or just a slapstick comedy. She didn't want to cry at the love scenes she missed with Max. But before she could make a move from the dim lit cafe room, she caught a glimpse of Max standing before the door, gazing at her.

"Max." She said quietly, not taking her eyes of his handsome features.

She wanted to ignore him but at the same time she wanted to rip open that door and take him in her arms because she missed him so much.

"Can I come in?". He mouthed.

These past few days had been pure torture for him. He thought once he made love to his soul mate, they'd be inseparable forever. But with the arrival of Tess, a suspect...things had went downhill. Intense visions of sexual nature with her disturbed his mind to a great extent. He was very sick and he needed to heal, he needed his Liz but she had been distant lately. He was worried about her.

He hoped it wasn't because of him. He knew how his behaviour was these days and he hadn't been the best support for Liz lately.

He felt relieved when she opened the door for him. It had begun to rain outside too and luckily he was inside before the rain could fall on him.

"Liz..I missed you." He began.

"I missed you too". She admitted slowly.

"I want to talk." Max said, taking his hands out of his pockets.

"About what?". She asked, yawning.

"About us." Max said. "I called you and tried to get in touch with you..but you seem to disappear these days." He found himself saying, releasing the restrained frustration he had for so long.

"Me?". Liz scoffed. "At least I'm not the one blocking the connection."

"Liz..I-" Max began but stopped. How could he explain the reason for his action without hurting her?

"Newsflash Max, you haven't been close either. Whenever I try to be closer to you, you push me away and expect me to be waiting for you with open arms soon after you get your eye candy."

"What are you talking about?". Max asked, terrified.

"Tess Harding." Liz stated angrily. "That's what I'm talking about. You seem to notice her a lot these days, don't you Max?".

Max breathlessly looked at Liz. Anger shone in her dark brown eyes, her facial expression angry. He had never seen her like this before. "I only think about you Liz." He tried to calm her down.

Liz huffed. "No. You only think about me when you want to." She rolled her eyes, refusing to meet his tearful amber ones.

"And I want to think about you all the time." Max added. "You're right, because when it comes down to you. I do want to think about you, to hold you, to kiss you and to love only you." He took a step forward and cupped her cheek to face him. "What you think about Tess and me isn't true. I just...I want you to know that I don't feel anything for her. I look at you, and I know you're the person I'm supposed to be with. I've always known it. What happened here that day, when you got shot, and how that brought us together...it's fate. Look at me. You're the one, Liz...the only one. I could never be with anyone else."

Liz looked at him. How could she be so stupid?

Max loved her, he made love to her and they were meant to be together. He had risked everything for her and she was neglecting him because of some stupid illusion she believed in.

"I love you too." Liz said before they leant closer and met each other's lips, kissing with commitment.

He kissed her forehead and held her in his arms, promising he'd never hurt her again.

When it was time for him to leave, he had no idea of what was going to happen next.

Tess was there, in the rain. He felt this uncontrollable pull, drawing him to her and the next minute he was kissing her.

And Liz had seen everything.

Hunter
Forum Moderator

Re: Rising In Limbo (CC, M/L, Adult) 12/13/08 chpt 2 p.2

Post by Hunter »

Thanks for the feedback!

Lena7
Janetfl
garcia88
begonia9508
Behrstars
Keepsmiling7
tinie38

A/N: Song used, Everything Burns by Anastacia.

Chapter two

She sits in her corner
Singing herself to sleep

The lines of sunlight run past her porcelain face as she leans her face on the head of the seat in front of her. The desert soon becoming a blur as the greyhound sped past, leaving her hometown behind them.

Wrapped in all of the promises
That no one seems to keep

At first, she had tried to convince herself that something was wrong. That Max didn’t want to kiss her like that. He had no control over himself. She had searched for every possible answer to defend him but there was nothing.

She no longer cries to herself,
No tears left to wash away

No logical explanation to why he would lock lips with a complete stranger while they were a couple. It just didn’t make sense. She cried for hours in the bathroom, crouched in ball position, knees drawn to her chest while her arms bound them together.

Just diaries of empty pages,

She was put in that position again and then knew, that she didn’t want to be spending the rest of her life, crying to herself, wondering what the fuck happened.

Feelings gone astray
But she will sing

Thus, she came to the conclusion it was best to leave. Maybe if she went away, he’d miss her and realise how much pain he had caused her to make her depart like this. She wanted to scream at him. How could he profess his so called love and then go and suck face with someone else less then half an hour later?

Till everything burns
While everyone screams
Burning their lies
Burning my dreams

There was so many questions in her mind and she had to find the answers. But if she found the answers, would she be more hurt then she was now?

All of this hate
And all of this pain

Liz sighed and rested her forehead on the cool glass window of the greyhound. Her life was a complete mess.

I'll burn it all down
As my anger reigns

She closed her eyes and remembered the words in the note she had written to Max.

Till everything burns

Walking through life unnoticed
Knowing that no one cares
Too consumed in their masquerade
No one sees her there

Max carefully unfolded the note which he found stuck to his window and read it.

And still she sings

Dear Max,

I am writing to you because I guess I couldn’t face you after the incident last night. You came to me and told me I was the one Max, that there could never be another for you. I believed you for a second. I really trusted you Max. But you know what happened? Just a couple of minutes later, I saw you kiss someone else just outside the crash down. You held onto her and kissed her so passionately, the image burned into my brain. I was the observer this time while you and her were the performers. I have to admit, I am impressed with your acting.

Nice speech you gave me there Max. About loving me just before kissing some girl.
I am now gone. Don’t go looking for me because I’ve had just about enough. I’m getting off this ride Max, you’ve put me on a pedestal and I want out.

So I will be long gone after you read this note.

Goodbye

Love Liz x

After reading the note, he let it slip out of his hands as his back collided with the cold wall and he went limp...his heart had been shattered..

She was gone..

Everyone screams..

The coach screeched to a deafening halt, the doors were ripped open and people were screaming as bullets were fired. Blood splattered everywhere, Liz finding her own voice betraying her. Screaming as one of the guys in black charged for her, grabbing her by the hair.

Watching it all fade away
Oooh, ooh..
While everyone screams

He hoisted her out of her seat, pulling her along the hair towards the front of the coach. Liz’s heart was thudding wildly against her ribcage, praying that they wouldn’t kill her. She squeezed her eyes shut, praying to god they’d spare her. She tried to pry his fingers out from her hair.

Burning their lies
Burning my dreams
All of this hate
And all of this pain
I'll burn it all down

She almost succeeded into tearing his fingers of her hair and making a getaway but he grabbed his rifle and with the butt of the weapon, smacked her across the face. Splitting her bottom lip.

As my anger reigns
Til everything burns

She braced herself against a seat, her lip stinging in pain.She could taste her own blood on her lip. She was still hanging on. Her thoughts of Max running vividly through her head as the unshed tears pooled in her eyes.

Everything burns
Watching it all fade away

She was about to rise up but he hit her again, at the back of her head. She gave away and fell down on the floor.
She heard his phone ring and he answered it. “We’ve got her.”

And then her eyes closed as darkness took over.

Watching it all fade away...

Last edited by Hunter on Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hunter
Forum Moderator

Re: Rising In Limbo (CC, M/L, Adult) 12/22/08 chpt 3 p.3

Post by Hunter »

Thanks for the fb everyone! So sorry for the delay!

Keepsmiling7
behrstars
pijeechinadoll
destinyc

Natalie36
Janetfl- Lol you crack me up with your comments! :D
begonia9508
tinie38
maxandlizforever

A/N: Sorry this is a short part. I have lots of things that are keeping me busy. Hope you enjoy this short part. So sorry about this.
Chpt 3

"I'm glowing everywhere, my toes, my heart. You can't see it. It's on the inside."

"No Max, we can't do this."

Liz's eyelids fluttered as the white beam of light escaped through the corners of her eyes. She wiggled her toes as the coldness crept up her unsuspecting skin. The pong of medicine reeked through her senses. She could sense white all around her as she slowly opened her eyes.

And she wished she had never opened her eyes.

Around her stood those people in the white suits getting the surgical tools ready. Panic raced through her adrenaline as she feared what they might do to her. "Oh please god no! Don't hurt me." She sobbed, trying to struggle out of the chair she was tied to.

But it was no good. They chained her down good. She was trapped in their hands. She dreaded to think what they could do to her.

A man with black hair approached her. "Shhhh my dear Liz. It'll all be okay." He stroked her hair.

Liz watched his face, his face which read deception all over it. She had seen him before. "Deputy?".

He smirked.

It was all a hoax. He was sent to spy on them. Fuck, did he have the others captive too? Did he capture Max?..Liz felt bile rise up her throat. She couldn't imagine what he had in store for all of them.

"You should let me go. I have nothing to offer you." Liz said, fully knowing that begging won't do her any good.

"Ooh, yes you do.." Pierce ran his cold fingers down her jaw line and dangerously closer to her chest. Liz tried to wiggle away from his wandering hand.

He cupped a breast and she shrieked. "Don't touch me!".

"You're developing already." He murmured, giving her breast a slight squeeze. "This alien baby is changing your body slowly."

"Huh?". Liz thought her hearing was wrong. Did he just say baby?

"When we brought you in here and ran some tests on you, we found something unusual. Your breasts...ahem started to produce milk and we did some scans to find a foetus growing in your womb."

Liz wondered how this could be possible. She had slept with Max just a couple of days ago or so and already she was expecting their baby within a matter of hours.

"That can't be possible."

"In human terms no. But in alien terms..yes." Pierce took his hand of her breast and took some black x ray photos and put them on the white wall. The light was switched on underneath them. "Here's your blood cell before you got shot. Lucky we got some samples from the hospital." Pierce said and placed another photo next to it. "But here's your blood after you got shot."

Liz looked at the green cell staring back at her. She had been changed. She was or had already turned into one of them.

"That can't be real. That's fake. Blood isn't like that."

"But yours is." Pierce said. "Now, I would normally say it takes two to tango but here's another interesting theory." Pierce. "You must have produced asexually. The bullet must have unleashed your alien side and then survival was your prime instinct therefore you are producing asexually."

Liz was having a What the fuck moment when she heard the words come out from his mouth. Before she was about to protest, she realised anything said against Pierce's words would harm her friends.

"You think I'm an alien."

"Yes. I do." Pierce said. "And we're going to find out everything about your kind." He pulled out a syringe before injecting her with it.

Liz tried to protest but the sedative made her vision blurry and she felt numbness in her body. She could no longer move.

Hours later, after the exhaustion she finally gained back her consciousness. After being poked and prodded, she wanted to scream. She had never felt so violated in her entire life before. She wanted to curl up in a corner and die.

That's how crap she felt. She no longer felt like the intact Liz Parker anymore.

She felt like nothing.

Nothing.

Hunter
Forum Moderator

Re: Rising In Limbo (CC, M/L, Adult) 12/31/08 chpt 4 p.4

Post by Hunter »

Thanks for the fb everyone!

maxandlizforever
*rebelbaby*
keepsmiling7
Lena7
Janetfl
Natalie36
begonia9508
behrstars
jake17
destinyc

Chpt 4

*3 months later*

Feeling so emotionally drained, she let herself drift off to sleep. The alien pregnancy was taking it's toll and just when she thought a shred of hope could come and save her, she was weighed down by darkness. It was always going to be the same. She had know idea how long she would cry for hours on end, praying for god to already take her soul and stop her from feeling so much pain. It was too much, too much to bear. She was wondering how she survived throughout the agonising torment.

Her body wasn't her own anymore. Her will was conquered and her mind felt invaded.

For weeks they had carried out so many tests, taking blood samples, hooking her to machines, forcing bitter medicine down her throat and giving her electric shocks pushing her mind into insanity. She tried to hold onto who she was. She tried to remember faces, names, places she knew.

Her stomach was feeling tight and at three months of pregnancy, she was equivalent to eight months it felt like or even nine. She could feel her baby move in her womb. That was the reason why she was holding on, to reunite back with her folks and Max...to raise their baby together. This baby was her miracle. Her hope.

But she worried as another painful rip caused her to cry out. Beads of sweat gliding down her forward as she held her legs in place. Her white vest west drenched in her sweat. Her laboured breathing filling the room as the female doctor kept urging her to push.

"I can't." Liz screamed as yet another contraction hit her making her feel nauseous.

"Yes you can. You can do this Liz. Just one more push."

With one final effort, Liz screamed and then let go. Falling back into her dark slumber, unwilling to surrender to the pain.

She should have never left home in the first place.

Waking up, she felt a soft stirring at her side and notice a tuft of raven hair and a bundle wrapped in a blanket. When she heard the soft cooes, her heart felt lightened and she nestled the small bundle with her arm as she sat up slowly.

"Easy now." The female doctor soothed her.

Liz gently picked the small bundle up and held it in her arms. Her baby. She had a baby.

"Oh my god." A mere whisper between her lips caused her baby to look at her with their big dark brown eyes. They were exactly a replica of hers.

"Congratulations." The African doctor gave Liz a warm smile. "You have a son."

In amazement, she watched her baby in awe. After all this pain, her baby survived. Her miracle baby.

"My son." Liz gasped. "My son." And she planted a soft kiss on her son's cheek.

The doctor smiled at the mother seeing her baby for the first time. She was heartbroken knowing that they wouldn't be able to go home. While she was taking care of a pregnant or possibly pregnant alien she had grown to love Liz and know that Liz was very human indeed. But no one else would listen. Pierce was obssessed with carrying out sadistic experiments on the poor girl who was barely a woman yet and the poor baby who had just come into the world, unknown of it's surroundings. She felt bile rise in her throat as she thought about how the baby would get treated. Born in a lab. Just another rat to Pierce to study.

None of them deserved this. They were innocent and so young.

She wished she could save them both but that would result in her own family being mercilessly killed. Pierce was a very ruthless man. She didn't want to risk her children's life but the same time she desperatly wanted to do justice.

She knew she could never have the courage to risk her family's life to defy Pierce and did what she thought was the best she could do. Offer Liz some time with her own baby.

"They're coming soon." The doctor croaked. She didn't need to say more. Liz knew what she was implying. They were coming to take her baby away from her.

She wanted to fight back but they took everything away from her. Her body was physically weak to handle so much pain. Liz felt like she was going to die helplessly. Tears emerged from her dark brown eyes and drops of little hot tears fell on her son's cheek. "I'm so sorry." She heard the doctor whimper.

She looked straight into her son's eyes and was reminded of the very little time she had left with him. She noticed he took hold of one of her fingers, wrapping his tiny fingers around it so tightly.

Bringing her finger which had her son's tiny hand holding onto it, she pressed another kiss on his delicate soft skin. "Aiden." She whispered. The baby curiously lifted their gaze to their mother's face.

"Could you please see to it that he's called Aiden." Liz begged the doctor, tears swimming in her eyes.

"That shall be done." The doctor fought back her own tears, trying to stay strong by hiding her emotions.

"My Aiden." Liz sighed over her cooing baby whose tiny lips curled back to reveal pink teeth less gums in a cute smile. "I love you." She placed a hand over his soft head and gently ran her fingertips and palm over her son's forehead, installing a memory into his mind so he would one day remember and would come searching for her so they'd be reunited.

The doctor saw the pearly white glow underneath Liz's hand as it sparkled like tiny stars above the baby's head.

The doctor wiped a tear that escaped from the corner of her eye and before any of them barely had time to react, the doors opened making a loud noise.

Liz's motherly instinct took control and she protectively wrapped her arms around her baby, bringing the baby closer to her body and away from the invaders.

Pierce and his men charged at Liz. "The baby is with us." He sneered at Liz.

"Stay away from my baby." Liz growled.

"Give me the baby now." Pierce demanded at a stand off with Liz.

"Never." Liz refused to let go of her child.

The doctor saw all of this and stepped in between them. "Perhaps maybe we shouldn't-" Before she could continue, Pierce just simply pushed her out of the way, sending her falling on her right side.

"Take Doctor Sydney out of here." He ordered some of his men. "Now!".

Scooping the doctor up, a couple of his men escorted her out of the lab. Pierce clicked his fingers sending the rest of his body guards to try and pry the infant out of it's mother's arms. He didn't want to think of the boy as a human because in his eyes it was alien. Something disgusting and vile.

Liz's shrieks was heard as she fought so heard to keep her baby in her arms. The baby began to wail as the men ripped him out of his mother's weak arms and beat her.

With the barrel of his gun, one of the men hit her straight in the face and knocked her out.

The baby carried towards Pierce who leered at the child. "Ahh come to your master little one." He looked at the baby's face.

Victory was his.

Hunter
Forum Moderator

Re: Rising In Limbo (CC, M/L, Adult) 1/22/09 chpt 5 p. 6

Post by Hunter »

Thanks for the feedback everyone :D , sorry this is so late! RL kept me busy.

Eve
destinyc
Jan
Natalie36
Keepsmiling7
Carrie
A_mere_muggle
Behrstars
maxnlizbeleiver
*Rebelbaby*
Lena
Loviedovie
Kris- Thank you for the good luck :wink:
Courtney

Chapter five

“It’s all Max’s fault.” Maria screeched, folding her arms. “Liz had left home for good because he couldn’t control his damn dick around that blonde whore.”

Michael and Maria glanced at the blonde who sat by an unmoving Max at the booth with Isabel and Alex.

“You can’t go around blaming Max.” Michael snapped irritably. “It’s all Tess’ fault. She did something to him”.

“Yeah and he was an idiot to fall for it.” Maria said. “I’m not serving them.” She pointed at Max and Tess. “It’s been so long since I’ve been putting up with that bitch. You’re trying to get them all together isn’t going to work.”

“Well it won’t hurt to try.”

Maria sighed. “No.” She said and pushed past Michael. “Max and Tess aren’t getting served. End off.”

Michael wanted to punch a table. It was killing him that their group was being torn apart. Ever since Tess stepped in, Liz had left and then slowly the problems started when Tess started to spout out about destiny. How he was meant to be with Isabel and Max was supposed to be with Tess.

At first, Michael realised he was lusting after Isabel. The whole dream pregnancy thing had brought them closer well at least brought Michael closer to Isabel. Then Isabel had realised it had just been a hoax and the relief on her face tormented Michael. Michael had never been so scared in his life that he was attracted to Isabel out of all people.

Controlling his lust was hard for him. He had to get away but Max was broken ever since Liz’s departure. Max and Alex had become good friends and Michael felt a little envious that Alex had been there for Max when Michael had been unable to be.

Isabel and Alex were now the dream couple which was thrown in all of their faces especially Tess who got nothing from Max. He and Maria had no idea where they stood. Maria had hated Max the day she found out Liz had left Roswell. Max had hated himself even more and Isabel couldn’t even bear to look at him knowing that he had almost given in to the sinful desire she didn’t approve of.

Shaking his head, he returned to the table. He would try and bring them together again.

“No Max, it’s my life and if I want to go to Santa Fe, I will go to Santa Fe.” Isabel snapped. “See, you being a control freak is driving everyone away. No wonder Liz left you. I wouldn’t be surprised if you ended up alone.” Isabel snapped before getting up. Alex shot Max an apologetic glance before following his girlfriend out of the Crashdown.

Max looked defeated and fought back the tears.

“Max..just let it go. She’ll come around.” Michael said.

“I just want us all to stick together.” Max mumbled. “She’s being a stubborn brat.”

“Don’t worry Max, you’ll still have me.” Tess rubbed her hands on his arm. “I will never leave you.”

That’s the problem, Max thought. Because of her, everything was falling apart.

The low humming of the computer drilled his senses.

Yet he sat there, numbness slowly spreading through his body, inch by inch like milk clouding in water, slowly devouring it up. His torment had not been reduced as he thought it might. Time hadn’t healed his soul. And he doubted that anyone but her could save him now.

The sound of the clock ticking away on the wall caused his frustration and uneasiness to clash together, an acidic feeling in his stomach as he held his breath. Eyes heavy with unshed tears. How much more did he have to cry now? His tears were endless and his entire being was battered with exhaustion of carrying on, of fighting.

The tips of his fingers were ice cold. Running it through his rugged stubble, he knew he hadn’t shaved in days. Not that he was bothered. Life was at standstill for him.

Days became nights, nights became days and the months flew by and his wound was still raw. He locked himself every as the pain slowly ate up him alive. His outings had become less frequent and he spent most of his spare time alone, in an enclosed space away from everyone.

He was his own prisoner.

Finally releasing his breath, he blew a sigh of exhaustion. Almost relenting to his fatigue.

Days he had not slept in peace. Tormented by insomnia. Nightmares flashing right before his eyes in his awakened state.

Heavy eyelids finally descending , closing his eyes in darkness.

All of a sudden, a bang on the window startled him.

Jumping up from the seat, Max raced to the window, secretly hoping it was Liz who was behind the glass but disappointment and shock fell as a bloody Nasedo leaned across the glass. Parted lips showing signs of pain.

Max opened the window and Nasedo fell in the room.

“Nasedo!”. Max said, bending down and taking a closer inspection of their protector. “Oh god..what happened?”.

Nasedo grasped Max’s hand and croaked. “They’re among you now.” Before his eyes rolled in the back of his head and his grip on Max’s wrist loosened before lifelessly dropping to the floor.

Max gawped in horror as he realised that Nasedo had just died in his arms.

And the words

They’re among you now,

Haunted him…

A/N: There’s a twist in this part.

‘Pierce’ watched the group with suspicion. He didn’t give a damn if he was supposed to be their protector. Being their enemy sounded more appealing. His eyes were on the consolation prize. Killing the King and his allies would serve him well with Kivar.

Putting his binoculars away, he hid behind the tree as they walked to the jeep and drove off.

Later that day he had set up his trap. He would hold one of them hostage so that all of them come at once.

Grabbing the gun, he shoved Alex into the UFO control room. Alex seemed to be very close to them so ‘Pierce’ assumed he was of extreme sentiment towards the aliens.

Alex hadn’t realised he had been kidnapped until he woke up finding himself locked in an empty storeroom and then dragged across Roswell in a black car and thrown into the UFO room.

“Wh-why are you doing this to me?”. Alex whimpered as ‘Pierce’ handcuffed him towards the chair.
“Be quiet bitch.” he laughed. Then he lifted the phone to his mouth. “I’ve got him. Do the rest.” He ordered and then left.

In the meantime, Alex tried his best to get out of the chair he was bound to but a female voice at the door way stopped him. “Aleex.” She purred, resting her arm on the door. “Nice to see you again.”

Alex’s mouth dropped in horror.

“Tess?”.

Hunter
Forum Moderator

Re: Rising In Limbo (CC, M/L, Adult) 1/26/09 chpt 6 p. 8

Post by Hunter »

Thanks for the feedback everyone :D

maxandlizforever
Jan- I’m gunna start dedicating chpts to you soon. Lol. :lol:
Lena
Carrie
Keepsmiling7
Eve
Kris
Loviedovie
Destiny
Behrstars

*Rebelbaby*

A/N: Dedicated to Jan. Thanks for the bump Janster! :mrgreen:

Chpt 6

“Tess?”. Alex squeaked in horror as it finally dawned on him that Tess wasn’t a part of their group…

A devilish smile formed on her countenance as she neared the frightened teen. “Don’t worry….this won’t hurt a bit.” She tapped a syringe and then lowered it towards him, Alex watched in terror as the pointy needle edged closer towards him and then the scene changed right before his eyes.

He saw a meadow in front of him and Isabel standing in the sunlight, wearing a short cherry red dress, he loved her in red and her golden hair in long clean braids as she shyly toyed with them. “I love you Alex.” She blushed.

He was so lost in the mind warp that the sound of a gunshot snapped him out of it .

In no time, the meadow scene faded away and he was back, looking at the dull computers of the UFO room and looked up to see Tess with a gun in her hand.

Oh god, was he shot?

Alex checked himself to see if he was okay or not. Relief flooded his senses when he saw no bullet hole or felt no pain.

But then he saw a pair of legs belonging to….Kyle Valenti? His chest was oozing out blood and Alex screamed. “You shot him! You shot him!”.

“Quiet dumbass.” Tess cocked the gun and brought it to Alex’s head. “I’ll blow your friggin brains all over the place if that’s how you want it.”

Alex shut his eyes and then a blinding light out of nowhere caused Tess to scream. Another gunshot was heard and then a loud thud.

Max had worked it out all along that Tess and Nasedo were not who they claimed to be. He was waiting for the right moment to attack and thought ambush was the best possible technique to battle them. Nasedo was already dead, Max had killed him not long ago. Now it was Tess’s turn.

Max had seen Tess about to shoot Alex in the head and had used his shield, merging it with Michael’s blast hitting and stunning Tess before the bullet was reversed and shot her in the heart. Eventually killing her.

Max then focused on a dying Kyle and healed him with all his strength. Isabel and Michael ran to Alex and untied him from the chair. “You okay?”.

“Y-yeah.” Alex managed to answer in a shaky breath. “I-I’m okay.”

“Shit.” Michael cursed watching Tess’ body turn to dust and then to nothing.

Kyle coughed after Max healed him and Isabel went to steady her drained brother. “Max.”

“What just happened?”. Kyle coughed and then heard someone at the door.

Jim Valenti stood there, shocked…with his hat in his hands.

~*~Three years later~*~

“She’s completely done.” One of the doctors said. “It’s best if we just call it a night and leave her to recover in the institution.”

“This is such a let down”. Pierce hissed. “Three years gone to waste because this bitch’s mind is so weak. I mean look at her, she is like…a living corpse.”

They looked at an emotionally drained Liz whose eyes were hollow and empty. No sign of awareness in her senses, no automated movement, no vivacious reactions from her whatsoever. Her face wore the same mask and her body was going on without any will.

It distressed some of the doctors that because of their constant prodding and poking, they had brought this girl to nothing. Her young life cut short to nothing. Liz’s midwife, Sydney tried to hide the tears back. Seeing such a young innocent girl in this position, made her want to cry a river and drown the whole cruel world in it.

Liz no longer responded to her or anyone else. The thought of Liz slowly dying inside horrified Sydney. She wanted Liz to recover so badly and she feared Pierce suspected her affection towards the girl.

“Lock her away.” Pierce finally agreed. “Hopefully in the future, we can get more out of her.”

The last command was followed as they handcuffed her and took her away.

Pierce smiled when he looked at the monitor showing the three year old infant playing with some building blocks. “As for the boy….start his training. It’s time.”

That would give him something to be busy with while the mother was recovering.

Max folded the news paper when Maria placed his plate of fries and burger on the table. “Thanks Maria.” He gave her a small smile.

Things in Roswell had changed, he wasn’t sure if it was for the better or the worse. Three years ago he had killed that traitor Tess and Nasedo and dealt with any skins that were around. They were safe for now. No threat was detected for three entire years. They had been able to graduate and move on with their lives.

Max was attending Santa Fe university to stay close by at home in case anything happened while Alex and Isabel left for San Francisco, Michael had been travelling all over the place and sometimes took Maria with him to get a taste of everything while Kyle had commuted between Wyoming and Roswell and during the years Max and the others grown to trust him and respect him. He was no longer the jealous ex of Liz as they knew before but a more mature friendly respectable guy.

But Max’s life was still incomplete. Without his Liz, he knew his life was nothing. He was only living to protect his friends and family…and in the hope that he may see Liz one day.

“She’ll come back to you.” Maria said, sitting down at the booth with Max.

Over the years, they had met up less frequently and were alone with their own things to deal with most of the time which hurt Maria. She missed those times where they all got together and laughed about nothing. Now it was a strain for all of them, and Max had been the one suffering the most out of them. She had Michael and Isabel had Alex. Kyle was happy meeting random girls but Max…Max had lost his one and only and Maria still held onto the hope that Liz would return someday.

She was pissed at Max for letting Liz go but she was also pissed at Liz for leaving them all. Didn’t Liz miss them one bit? Or why did Liz give up and leave?

“She won’t Maria.” Max finally broke the silence. “It’s been three years, she hasn’t even spent her birthdays with us nor has she contacted her own family. I doubt that she’ll ever come back.” Max sadly sighed.

“I believe in miracles.” Maria said. “Liz will come back.” She insisted. “I know she will…you just need to have faith in her.”

Max gulped, he couldn't help but feel that something was wrong.

Life would be very strange and different from now.
Hunter
Forum Moderator

Re: Rising In Limbo (CC, M/L, Adult) 2/2/09 chpt 7 p. 9

Post by Hunter »

Thanks for the fb everyone! :D

Chapter 8

Max dug his hands in his pockets, rummaging through the contents of the mini statements from the atm machine in hope to find his keys. The night was very cold and dark. He had a bad feeling that something was right that something was watching him...

"Looking for these?". Max turned to see Alex standing by his jeep, resting against the side. Alex swung the jeep keys in his hand.

"Hey...how did you get those?". Max asked in confusion. He swore he had the keys last unless he dropped it.

Alex narrowed his eyes and left the jeep. "You drop a lot of things Maxwell."

"Keys please." Max reached out for the keys but Alex help them back.

"Like I said..you drop a lot of things."

"Alex what are you talking about?". Max asked in confusion and was shocked when Alex forcefully pushed him away.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about Max Evans." Alex slipped out a gun from the waistband of his jeans. "You're so used to having people serve you that you don't know how it feels when us weak humans are trampled under your antarian feet." Alex pointed towards Max's head. "I ought to shoot some sense into your head."

"Alex...calm down.." Max tried to reason with the stuttering guy. Alex was confused and nervous, Max held his own shock and focused on making Alex realise what he was about to do was a mistake.

"I thought you was my friend Alex." Max said in a calm voice.

"Huh." Alex laughed. "I was no friend of yours in the first place Max. I just wanted to see why you betrayed her." Alex had pretended to befriend Max, trying to search for the answers to why he had hurt Liz so much. Alex himself couldn't understand the only couple he idolised were torn apart and he had believed that Max had to be the one to blame. Three years of agonising in pain over the unanswered question, Alex had finally given in and gone to hunt Max down for an ultimatum regardless of him being the brother of the woman he loved. He was the murderer of his best friend, of his sister...

Max bit back the bile rising in his throat. Alex was right and Max felt like he deserved what he was about to get right now. "Go on." Alex urged, do your little alien mojo. Throw a blast, move the gun out of my hands or melt it. Do what you do best Max, embracing your evil alien side."

"Please Al-" Max began but Alex aimed the gun at Max's heart and fired.

"ALEX!". Maria screamed, looking outside the window. Witnessing the commotion.

Instead of feeling the bullet pierce his heart as it should had done, Max looked at the green transparent wall shimmering right in front of him. "How the..."

"Oh right..I forgot...you're an alien." Alex laughed and fired some more bullets. The shield absorbed the bullets, melting them into nothing.

"Fuck it." Alex said as he clicked the gun again and again. He had no bullets left and now regretted not bringing more. This madness was eating him up inside and he heard Maria screech as she ran outside and launched herself bravely on Alex. "Alex no!".

"Maria don't defend this bastard." Alex pointed at Max who lowered his shield, worried if anyone would see.

"If you kill him, you'll just be bad as Tess and Nasedo." Maria hissed in Alex's ear. "Please....you're not the only one that feels this pain." Maria sobbed. "You're not the only one who feels this pain."

"She's right." Kyle said, stepping out from his van. He had drove all the way to Roswell after hearing about Alex's decision to kill Max. Kyle had hoped to reached there before Max was shot and in hope to return the favour to save Max's life but cursed himself when he was too late. Max had saved himself as usual with the help of fate.

"Kyle...how did you get here?". Alex asked. Last he remembered was locking Kyle up in the middle of nowhere.

Michael opened the door and got out. "I freed him."

"Urgh...great...now everyone is on Max's side." Alex cried. "Why can't you see that because of him Liz is gone!".

"It's been three years.." Michael said, joining the circle. "Why do this now Alex?".

"How would you now doofus?". Alex shot back sharply. "You don't know how it feels to lose a best friend who is like a sister to you. All you cared was about yourself." Alex pointed at Michael.

"Bullshit." Maria said. "He does care about us Alex. We all care about each other."

"No you don't because Liz still isn't here." Alex pointed out and turned to Maria. "I thought you of all people would be on my side. I thought you loved Liz."

"I do love Liz!". Maria screamed. "I love her!".

"And so do I." Max added.

"We all care about Liz." Isabel joined the circle. She had known Alex would break down and almost kill her brother. She had been the one to put a force field up to muffle the sounds of the gunshot and use Tess' mind warping abilities to hide them from on lookers. During the last three years, Isabel had learnt tricks of her own in the hope of searching for Liz.

"We've been busy." Kyle added after Isabel stepped in. "We've tried our best and we won't stop trying until Liz is found."

"Sounds pretty hard since she's still not here." Alex said and turned to Isabel. "How long has this operation been going on?".

"Since Liz went missing." Isabel confessed. "I had spent hours and weeks mastering my powers and even sleepwalking her."

"What did you see." Alex ran to her, holding her by the shoulders, in hope of searching for an answer.

Isabel's lips trembled in sadness and fear. "Nothing."

"She saw nothing." Michael said.

Max sighed. "I feel nothing when I try to connect with Liz. It's like she's completely..."

"Wiped off from the planet." Maria finished with a solemn look on her face.

"Why didn't you tell me?". Alex's eyes swam with tears as he shook Isabel.

"Because you had a life Alex. You had to live your life, graduate, be your parent's son and go to uni instead of doing what we.." Isabel referred to herself, Max and Michael. "Should have been doing. Don't get me wrong, we have been looking but in secrecy and carefully."

"You guys found nothing." Alex let go as it dawned on him. This was a lost case.

"We will find something." Kyle insisted. "As long as we stick together."

Max looked at Kyle and smiled. He was impressed how letting Kyle in on the secret had changed him into a better man. He didn't regret saving Liz or Kyle and atleast something good came out of his powers but he knew that because of his powers their lives would be in danger. It was a bad situation as well but something he could not repent for.

"I'm sorry I tried to shoot you before." Alex wiped his fallen tears with his sleeve. "I was angry, hurt and confused."

"Three years is a long time to bottle up all that pain." Max said.

"Three years is a long time for someone you love still remains absent in your life."

"We won't stop trying." Isabel said. "No matter what happens, we never give up on each other.." Isabel stuck her hand out as if to call a truce.

One by one they placed their hands on top of each others.

"Never give up."

And after three years, the group found themselves back together again, vowing never to part.

A/N: This is ten years later after Liz’s disappearance including the 3 year leap mentioned previously.

~*~ Seven Years Later ~*~

"Faster boy!". The voice through the intercom growled. "Your agility is pathetic!".

The boy tried as hard as he could, pushing his speed up higher as he ran around the white circle room, chasing after the robot which blasted him so many times.

"My old grandma runs faster then that." Pierce mocked.

Anger burned through his senses as his sore muscles felt like it was on fire.

In lightening speed, he caught up with the robot, used his hands and smashed it to pieces, with the speed of his running adding towards the powerful impact. The fire kissed his iron skin before he wiped it out to nothing.

"Bravo.." Pierce watched in amazement. This newborn alien had all the skills necessary to become his own super slave. "Well done for passing round 12."

Slowing down, the boy leaned over and place the palms of his hands flat against his kneecaps, trying hard to catch his breath.

"Can I eat now?". Aiden asked hopefully. He hadn't eaten in four days and was starving like mad.

"You can eat after you complete round twenty four." Pierce said through the intercom.

"But I'm hungry! I haven't eaten for days!". The exhausted boy complained.

"That can wait later boy. You're a strong little thing. You have fire in you and you don't need to act like a weak pathetic baby." Pierce snapped. "Now off to your next round or you will be refused a drop of water for the next two weeks."

Sensing that Pierce had the upper hand, the little boy relented and sighed. "Yes master."

Maria smiled uneasily as she walked through the white narrow hall. She hated this awful place. It had been years since she last arrived her. And the memory of it stuck to her brain like a permanent price tag. The stench of bitter medicine and cold porridge made her almost puke and the nurses with their death glares and eyes of fire weren't helping.

Friendly service, my ass Maria thought.

She had been looking forward to spending her vacation with her Michael who had been too busy with Max and Isabel roaming around the whole planet still going on with their quest. Seven years ago, none of them had broken their treaty of supporting each other until now. They all had been living normal lives with the exception of this pursuit which never seemed to end.

She had to admit that she was impressed by how normal the three aliens made their lives look. Max was studying medicine, Isabel had been working at her father's law firm and Michael had actually worked three jobs and managed to lead the life he was sharing with Isabel and Max which unfortunately meant no firm commitment from Michael. Isabel had proposed to Alex the other week while she and Michael's engagement was still on hold but at least they were together with a little push by Max.

"Id." A slim African doctor stopped Maria from entering the room. These days, anyone just walked in and she had to be careful who she let inside the room.

Maria flashed her card. "I'm Fiona Deluca's niece. I just came to visit her."

"Cell 206." the doctor said. She was familiar with the blonde woman who threw a lot of tantrums. "You better be careful." She warned Maria. "That woman is very wild."

"Sounds a lot like the Deluca clan." Maria laughed as the doctor let her in the cell.

"Here, take this." She handed her a device. "Press it if anything goes wrong."

With that, she left Maria with her aunt who was tied up with white sheets wrapping her arms together like in the movies she had seen about mental people. The only thing was missing was the mask with the mini bars in the mouth piece like in hannibal.

"Hi Aunt Fiona.." Maria smiled.

This was going to be good she thought in sarcasm.

Hunter
Forum Moderator

Re: Rising In Limbo (CC, M/L, Adult) 2/17/09 chpt 8 p.9

Post by Hunter »

Thanks for the feedback everyone! :D

Eve
Kris
Carrie
Carolyn
behrstars
destiny
loviedovie
Jan

Chapter Eight

After the unlikely visit with her aunt, Maria had abruptly left the cell and was now following Doctor Sydney down the narrow hallway. The doctor was busy talking on the phone and Maria looked at the people locked up in their cells..they looked so lonely...so trapped and their eyes were full of pain. Maria felt sad for them.

There was another one..a woman who had been bound by chains and sat on the ground..unmoving. She seemed like she wasn't aware of anything around her. Doctor Sydney stopped and excused Maria so she could open the cell where the quiet woman was. All Maria could make out was a curtain of her dark brown hair covering her face.

Another doctor approached Maria taking their cue to lead her out while Sydney was preoccupied with the quiet woman. Maria watched for a moment before she decided to leave.

The dark haired woman turned her face slightly at the sound of her doctor's voice.

Maria's eyes felt like they were going to bulge out of their eye sockets.

"Oh my flipping god..."

Liz Parker was the woman.

"Liz!". Maria screamed, pushing the doctor away from her and running into the cell. "Oh my god! Liz it's you!". She nudged Sydney out of her way and threw her arms around the catatonic brunette.

"You know this woman?". Sydney asked Maria, in the hope of that someone would finally be able to take this poor woman out of this hell.

"Do I know her?". Maria sobbed. "She's my best friend who went missing for ten fucking years!".

Sydney recited a silent prayer of thanks to god and then watched Maria who was unable to let go of the unmoving Liz. "How long had she been here?". Maria sniffed.

"You can let go of her..she needs space to breath." The doctor said. Maria obeyed but held onto Liz's hand, not trusting anyone. "I will tell you everything but first you must promise to remain calm."

Maria's eyes were bloodshot and angry. "Tell me everything now." She growled.

Maria sobbed more as Doctor Sydney narrated the facts to her. "I was a part of the special unit, I was their appointed doctor. My mission is to make sure Liz recovers." She said sadly. "I never wanted this to happen...I could never imagine putting an innocent person or even a bad person through this hell." She confessed to Maria. "I watched her for years holding onto the hope that someday...she will recover so I can take her back to her folks."

"But she never did." Maria sighed.

"I didn't know anything about her. I needed her to tell me everything." Sydney said. "Pierce would keep the files away from me because he never trusted me. In fact, he's sending his men down this evening...It's best if you take Liz and escape." Sydney said.

"But that will get you into trouble." Maria replied.

"I'll deal with him in my own way. Right now what's important is making sure that Liz is safe."

"You took care of her after all these years." Maria croaked. "We could never thank you enough."

Sydney had fed, sheltered and took Liz under her wing for the past years. She had always spent most of her work taking care of Liz and she knew it was worth it. "I took care of her as if she was my own daughter. You would do the same if you were in my place Maria. I didn't have the heart to be cruel like Pierce and the jerks in the special unit."

Maria looked at her phone and decided to call the others.

They would be happy on receiving this news.

As soon as Max had heard from Maria, he was already there in a flash. Micheal, Kyle and Jim followed them while Alex and Isabel stayed behind in Roswell to prepare to welcome Liz back.

Max was so ecstatic on hearing that Liz was still alive and that Maria had been able to get her ready to come home after all these years. Maria hadn't said anything about what Liz had been through all these years and Max could feel an acidic churning in his stomach. Something wasn't right.

Meeting the others outside some lab, he was told by Maria that there was some records concerning Liz and them while was stored away in the labs of the special unit. They had to be destroyed first. Max was impatient and just wanted to see Liz.

"We have to do this." Jim said. "We first go after what they least expect us to go after." Jim told Max and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Son, I know you've been waiting for this moment for so long..just wait a little longer and she'll be back with all of us."

Max held back the tears and nodded.

Using their powers, Kyle had developed the ability to X ray and walk through walls so getting in was no problem for them since they all held onto Kyle and got past security.

Whatever files they could find, were erased and destroyed. Kyle had used his X ray vision to seek out everything to do with them including Liz's uniform dress which Micheal destroyed within minutes.

"That's the last of them." Jim said, deleting all the files on the computer. "No backups left either." He smirked. Alex had taught him good computer skills during the past few years which definitely came in handy.

"Let's go get Liz now." Max said and they all quickly left again just before a member of the special unit entered the lab, unaware what happened.

Hunter
Forum Moderator

Re: Rising In Limbo (CC, M/L, Adult) 3/9/09 chpt 9 p.10

Post by Hunter »

Thanks for the feedback everyone

Jan(x2) Thanks for the bump. Love ya :D
Carolyn
Eve
Kris
loviedovie
destiny
Carrie
behrstars
autumnfall3
Lena

Okay Lena has been hounding me for an update for days now so here is your pacifier Lena. lol. I'm only joking, hope your mind is put to rest now.

Chapter Nine

With her shaky hands, Maria opened the door and let them finally see her. As soon as he caught sight of her, Max's heart almost burst out of his chest.

"Oh my god Liz!". Max pushed everyone away from him and ran to his soul mate who sat still in the chair, her hands gripped the arms of the chair but she had no expression on her face.

The paleness of her skin scared Max shitless. "What the fuck did they do to you?". Micheal whispered, horrified at the sight of a very pale Liz.

Isabel burst into tears and fell into Alex's arms as Max was trying to connect Liz back to the reality. "Get her outta here." Alex sobbed.

Max lifted Liz in his arms with the help of Micheal and with Doctor Sydney's help they managed to leave the facility. Maria turned around and hugged the woman. "Thanks so much for your help Sydney."

"It's okay, just make sure she's okay." Sydney said and paused while the guys were putting Liz in the car. "And make sure her son is okay."

"Her son?". Maria raised an eyebrow.

Doctor Sydney nodded and thrusted an envelope in Maria's hand. "Here is where he is being kept, Pierce has been using him for years. Please get him out of that hell hole."

A shocked Maria could only nod as she stumbled towards the van, Doctor Sydney had fled the scene and Micheal pulled a trance like Maria into the van. "Maria god sakes, stop wasting time." Micheal hissed. Kyle who was their getaway driver, stepped on the brakes and high tailed it out of the area.

While each and everyone of them were fussing over Liz, Maria replayed Doctor Sydney's words in her head. Make sure her son was okay. Oh god, Liz wasn't alone, Liz had a baby...they had no idea Liz was a mom.

Maria couldn't believe it. She held onto the envelope and just wondered how on earth Liz managed to wind up with a child. Who impregnated her, did they fuck her up in the labs...anger seeped through Maria's veins.

"Maria what's that in your hands?". Isabel pointed at the big white envelope.

Maria gasped and then looked at it. "Doctor Sydney gave it to me." She said and began peeling it open, trying not to drop it out of her hands as Kyle drove very fast.

Maria ripped the envelope open and pulled out photos and files...concerning a little boy. "Oh my god." She almost chocked.

"What?". Micheal took the photos from Maria and almost cursed in shock.

Staring back at him was a mini replica of Max.

Micheal opened the door with his powers and they led Liz into his apartment. Max carried her limp body and placed her on the bed, he tried to hold back the tears but on the way he had shed a river. His face was drenched with his tears.

The others silently followed and prayed that Liz would be okay. Max stroked her face with his hands and spoke. "I should never have left your side that night." He remember the night she ran away, the night he kissed that bitch Tess. If he had stuck to his words and had never left his Liz then maybe she would have still been with him instead of having ten years of her life wasted stuck in between white walls being prodded and pocked and experimented on.

All of it was his fault and he had been powerless to stop her pain. What were soul mates for? He cried on her shoulder. "Oh Liz, punish me please, please say something!".

The eyes of everyone present in the room began to swim with tears and them choked on their tears. "It should have been me." Max added silently when his sobs died down. "It should have been me."

"No don't say that." Isabel sobbed. "Please Max."

"This shouldn't even have happened to anyone." Kyle snapped. "God, they're so inhumane."

"They're monsters." Micheal growled.

"We need to find your son." Alex reminded Max, that poor little boy was still out there someone trapped by the special unit.

"I want some time alone with Liz." Max said, "I need to connect with her."

Most of them understood and Maria was reluctant to leave. "Come on love." Micheal took the hands of his beloved. "Let's give them some space."

Maria nodded and then silently left. Isabel was left lingering for a while. "Max....she...you have a son together. You're a father." She gasped, still unable to believe that her brother had fathered a child whose existence he had been unaware of for ten years.

Max couldn't believe it. "I know."

Pure joy and pain ran through his body. While he had succeeded in creating a child with Liz, he had lost both of them for ten years. Ten excruciating years and it was all his fault. He didn't know how to respond to that.

He wished someone shot his heart right now because his heart was stupid. Stupid stupid heart.

How could he not have known. "I'm sorry." Isabel spluttered and hurried out of the room, shutting the door behind her.

Max sighed. As soon as he was alone in the room with Liz who lay still on the bed, he could hear her heartbeat ever so clearly. It was like the connection was roaring back to life again.

Taking her cold hand in his large hand, he kissed her knuckles. "Come back for me please Liz." He said in an exhausted voice, feeling the sheer lethargy from her, what she had been through the past years. She didn't have the strength to go on anymore.

"No, you can't stay like this. You have to be back. I have to be punished." Max urged her. "Punish me Liz!"

After a few attempts shaking her, he cried even more and something within Liz shook the same time Max whispered. "I love you."

Her other hand moved a little and her fingers contracted before clutching the sheet. Her eyes widened and she parted her lips. "Max."