On the Razor's Edge (CC, Mature) - A "Reunion" Story - Chapter 65 - Completed: 12/18/2019

This is the place to post all your General Roswell fanfiction. Any Canon fics, which pick up directly from any episode of the show and that focus on Max/Liz, Michael/Maria, Isabel/Alex or Isabel/Jesse, Kyle/Tess, or all the couples together! Rule of Thumb: If Max healed Liz in the Crashdown in September 1999, then your fic belongs here. If it picks up from the show in any way, it belongs here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, jbangelo, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: On the Razor's Edge (CC, Mature) - A "Reunion" Story - Chapter 12 - 07/15/2019

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Grace that was not a good idea to tell Jake what you did. So everyone is wondering what Cal is going to do with Tommy. Hell I'm even wondering. Glad that Isabel talked to Beth/ Liz a little. Glad that Grace went to see Jake before he went to see her. Wish Beth/Liz remember more of her life in Roswell. So glad that Beth/ Liz is starting to remember Max more. Think the twins and Grace need to parent trap Beth and Max. Plus thinking Max and Beth need to spend more alone time together. Hopefully Beth and the girls will stay in Roswell to get to know Max and their grandparents. Really hoping that Max and the other can find out who took Beth/ Liz away from them before she and the girls go back. Please come back and post more really soon?

L-J-L 76
Parker1947
Obsessed Roswellian

On the Razor's Edge - Chapter 13 - 07/18/2019

Post by Parker1947 »

Thirty minutes before…

“Very good Grace,” Dr. Cook smiled as she saw her patient try to take a step from her bed, and yet she fell back onto her bed. “You’re making tremendous progress, and you’re getting more and more movement but it’s still going to take time.”

“How much time?” Grace asked as she put down her foot to the floor, and pressed on it, and happy to actually feel the cool floor, which meant more of her feeling was returning to her legs and therefore she knew she had reason to be hopeful and she was as she pressed on.

“It will happen when it happens,” Dr. Cook smiled. “You’re to start physical therapy on Monday, and if you continue at this rate maybe you’ll be home by the time next weekend hits.”

“Really?” Grace asked warily.

“Really,” Dr. Cook smiled, as she made some notations in her chart. “I am very encouraged by your progress and considering how we thought we had lost you less than 48 hours ago, you’ve come far.”

“Sorry about that,” Grace said.

“You were gone,” Dr. Cook said.

“So, they say,” Grace said. “You can say my family is full of surprises and miracles, so I can’t say I am shocked that I would defy what was expected by the medical establishment.”

“You have had a lot to deal with lately I hear,” Dr. Cook asked.

“And I am only sixteen,” Grace snarked. “And it’s only been a week, and I feel much older.”

“How are you handling all the changes in your life,” Dr. Cook asked as she wondered if she should ask the resident shrink to have a look at her patient, because she only knew half of what Grace was going through and she suspected it was more than the average teenager.

“I guess nearly dying changes my outlook on things, and I think I can handle whatever comes into my life, and can’t be as bad as it was before…”

The door opened, and the nurse came in with a wheelchair, and Grace groaned. “Where am I going now?”

“How about freedom?” Dr. Cook asked.

“How’s that?” Grace asked, as she looked at her doctor with wariness as she didn’t know what the doctor was up to, but she was game. “You just told me that I had at least a week to go in this place at the very least. How is that my freedom?”

“I figure you’re strong enough to get in a chair, and roam the hallways, if you think you’re strong enough and able to deal with maneuvering the chair since it’s not electric.”

“Hell yes,” Grace asked. “Can I really…”

“Your back is healing up, and your movement is coming back slowly but it’s coming back, and I think it will help you get out and not be stuck in this room… But you shouldn’t do it too much, and be careful okay…”

“Sure, anything you say. Anything to get out of this bed and this room for awhile,” Grace said.

“Good,” Dr. Cook smiled. “Would you like some help?” she asked as she wheeled the chair over by her bed.

“Maybe,” Grace said as she tentatively put her feet down on the floor as she maneuvered her weak body, into the chair and did it successfully and so she was pleased with her self, as she made sure everything with Dr. Cook’s supervision was in place. “Thank you for the help.”

“Be careful okay,” Dr. Cook said as he said made a notation for the supervising nurse, and then left the room, and Grace was left in the wheelchair contemplating her next move, and she tested out steering the chair out of the room because she knew she needed to actually get out of her hospital room for a moment at least. She went to the nurse’s station. “Can you tell me what room Jacob Guerin is in?”

“Fourth floor, Orthopedic unit” came the nurse. Do you have permission to leave your room Ms. Evans?”

“Yes,” Grace smiled. “Dr. Cook gave the okay as long as I am careful. I just want to check in on my friend who was in for a knee surgery.”

“Ortho, room 4215” came the nurse.”

“Thank you for the information,” Grace said as she worked the wheels to move to the elevator as she realized she was in the Surgery wing as she moved towards the elevator and went to find Jake’s hospital room.

“Grace,” Jake said again moments later as he saw their visitor as Grace wheeled her chair into the room as both he and Elizabeth processed the newcomer to the room as it was a blast of fresh air to see his friend in over twenty-four hours. “You came…”

“I almost had to,” Grace smiled. “You couldn’t visit me, and you have spent a lot of time in my room and, well, I was going crazy staying in my room.”

“I just got my freedom a well,” Jake said. “I am surprised they let you out.”

“I am supposed to take it easy,” Grace assured her friends. “They said I am progressing well, and I think they were worried if I didn’t get some fresh air. So, how are things?”

“Fine,” Jake smiled.

“Just fine,” Grace asked.

“Being stuck here, I am out of the loop” Jake said as they both looked at Elizabeth, who only grinned.

“Hey,” Elizabeth smiled. “I have told you both all I know and there are only so much the adults tell me, so don’t look at me for any current information”

“It’s just nice to be out of my room,” Grace smiled as she took in the atmosphere of being with her friends, regardless of any added drama that came for her and Jake. “Thank you for both of you helping me. I know you Elizabeth took a lot of the burnt of it these last few days.”

“It’s nothing. I wasn’t going to not help you,” Elizabeth smiled as she checked her watch and knew she had to get of here before Jake remembered the comment Grace made upon coming into the room. The awe her brother felt had temporary meant he forgot it, but she knew she wanted to be far away when her brother learned the truth about her and Ellis. “I am hungry, so I’ll go grab something to eat before Mom arrives to pick me up. I have been pushing my luck lately with our parents, so I better not anymore…”

“Thanks sis,” Jake said.

“No problem,” Elizabeth said as she left the room, and it left Jake and Grace alone.

“I am glad you’re here,” Jake smiled as Grace wheeled closer to his bed. “How are you really doing?”

“You see me here, right?”

“I do,” Jake smiled.

“Then count me as alive instead of dead…” Grace joked but knew instantly she had hit on a sore point.

“That’s not funny, we all thought we lost you” Jake said quietly as he reflected to Thursday night and the real possibility that they had lost.

“I am sorry,” Grace smiled as she could sense that Jake still felt the pain of that night. “I know it wasn’t a time you would want to relive, and I am sorry about that. I could see it as much as you guys were living it.”

“What?” Jake asked.

Grace paused because she remembered everything about her outer body experience. As well as everything from before she passed out and, well, died in the ambulance. “I sort of could see you sitting by myside, telling me to come back.”

“You did,” Jake asked.

“Yeah, my trusty guide Alex was with me and letting me know that I would be missed if I took the door that awaited me.”

“Grace…” Jake tried.

“It’s okay,” Grace said quietly. “I chose the right door, and I know how easily it all could have changed for me, and for you guys. And I am sorry if I put you through any pain, and Jake, about you know…”

“We can wait to see how it all settles, let’s not rush any decisions.” Jake said fearing what any rash moves might do for them, and for the future. “We have miles to go, so don’t worry about the past. We can handle it as it comes,” he smiled as he took Grace’s hand. “Don’t worry about a thing, just worry about your recovery.”

Unknown to Jake and Grace as they talked, they were being witnessed by Max who stood at the door and watched. He had arrived at Grace’s room and after having a near panic attack at his daughter’ bed being empty, he was relieved to hear that Grace had been allowed to move around, curtesy of a wheelchair. And knowing this, he knew she would hightail it to Jake’s room, and he was right and now he witnessed them in a deep conversation, and he didn’t want to interrupt, so he turned and walked away.

Humming to herself Elizabeth walked out of the cafeteria after getting a small snack and knew from her phone, and a text her mother sent that she was to meet her mother up on Jake’s floor, and she was heading up there, and was singing to herself how great the day looked and unlike her brother and best friend, she didn’t have a care in the world and she didn’t even care if her family did get rid of Tommy. Maybe she should, but Ellis had caused too much havoc for her to care, as she walked out of the elevator onto Jake’s floor and headed for her brother’s room again and spotted her mother.

“Hi Mom,” Elizabeth smiled as walked up to her mother, and Maria got up from the bench she was sitting on as she checked some messages on her phone. Like Max, she had spotted Jake and Grace talking and figured to give them some space and so now she was waiting for her daughter to show up. “I figured you would come get me. Where’s Dad?”

“The office,” Maria said as saw how chipper her daughter was and was immediately was suspicious about her behaviour. “What has made you so happy?” she asked her daughter. “Should I be worried?”

“Nope,” Elizabeth assured her mother. “It’s a sunny day. Jake and Grace both improving, and best yet we don’t have to deal with Tommy anymore…”

“Elizabeth…” Maria glared.

“Sorry,” Elizabeth smiled. “Don’t worry Mom. You and Dad don’t have to worry about me. Although maybe Jake and I should be worried about you and Dad. Or at least Dad and you know…”

“Elizabeth,” Maria said warily as they walked back into the elevator and waited for the door to close.

“Did you see Jake?” Elizabeth asked.

“He’s busy,” Maria said. “I’ll come back later. I figure you should head home and do some of that homework you have been neglecting.”

“I have actually been pretty up to date,” Elizabeth smiled. “I am sure that surprises you and Dad, but I have been known to be able to keep everything going, despite the disaster in our family.”

“I don’t know what I am going to do with you or your brother.” Maria muttered.

“You love us the way we are,” Elizabeth smiled. “It would be a very dull life if we didn’t give you something to worry about…”

“Just keep it to a minimum, okay, that is all I ask. The last two weeks have been too much” Maria muttered as they walked to the car. And honey, your father and I didn’t have anything to do with that other matter in our lives.”

“Yeah, right and you want me to believe that Mom. Dad disappeared last night. Right after you two learned what he did last summer,” Elizabeth asked. “What else am I to think? I may have talked Jake and Grace out of thinking the worst, and yet here I know what I know.”

“You don’t have to worry about it,” Maria said.

“I do,” Elizabeth muttered.

“Don’t!” Maria said.

“We’re a pair, aren’t we?” Grace asked as she continued to sit and talk with Jake as the both revelled in being together, and despite the challenges in the coming days… it was nice to be together and spend some time together.

Jake felt the same as he liked having Grace around even if he hated to see her sitting in a wheelchair, and a sudden thought came to him. Something he totally forgot about in the glow of having Grace in his hospital room. “Grace…”

“What?” Grace asked.

“What did you mean earlier when you came into the room and mentioned something about Elizabeth and Tommy. Please tell me you were joking?” Jake asked as his memory suddenly came to him about what Grace said and how his sister had made a hasty retreat upon Grace showing up in her room. “Grace, please…”

“Jake… it’s really more Elizabeth’s story to tell. I am sorry for even mentioning it.”

“What happened?” Jake asked.

“Ask Elizabeth,” Grace tried to say to divert Jake. “I don’t know all the details, and only learned myself yesterday.

“Grace,” Jake asked.

“It doesn’t matter Jake, and just like it was more story to tell. It’s Elizabeth to tell. And what does it matter right now with Tommy gone.”

“Did he mess with her?” Jake said with rage in his eyes.

“Calm down Jake,” Grace pleaded. “What happened if anything happened, it’s over and done with and I do know it was never nearly as bad as what happened with him and me back on New Year’s Eve. Don’t worry, just relax okay.”

“Why won’t you tell me?” Jake asked.

“Ask your sister,” Grace asked as she saw that she had already spent too much time away from her room. “I need to go back to my room.”

“Don’t,” Jake tried.

“I need to get back,” Grace said. “Dr. Cook told me not be too long, and it’s rather taxing having to wheel this thing.”

“I know,” Jake said quietly as he wondered what his friend knew about his sister that he didn’t know, and yet he didn’t want to see her go. “Can’t you stay a few minutes longer.”

“I am in here for a few more days yet, so don’t worry I’ll be back.” Grace smiled.

“Just be careful okay,” Jake frowned. “You were targeted in the first place, so don’t take any unnecessarily chances. You might be here at the hospital, but it doesn’t mean you can’t be harmed.”

“What do you mean I was targeted?” Grace asked, as she stopped in her tracks and faced the door of the room, only to hear shouts of Grace turned back to face Jake. “What do you know?” as flashes came to her brain, a she remembered the park and the moments before she attacked. “Oh my god…no, you can’t be serious.”

“I wasn’t there… Elizabeth was, Sue was… Your sisters were… They said Sue was attacked because she looked so like you because of her brown hair, and the darkness that they thought they had you until you and Elizabeth showed up to save Sue.”

Flashes of the encounter played back, and she remembered showing up and saving Sue, and them facing off with some assailant, and then a flash of something, and he ended up on the ground and they all thought the situation was stabilized, and then she felt a sharp pain in her back, despite being in a wheelchair, and a whiff of hot pain coursing her, as her face when pale and Jake got scared for Grace.

“Grace,” he whispered out loud.

Grace snapped out of it, and her face was still pale because she remembered everything, and she remembered how her attacker had been subdued in the first place. She needed to get of here, to think. “I have to go…” she said quickly and retreated as quickly as she could in a contraption that she was still figuring out.

“Wait Grace, what is it…”

Grace didn’t listen, she just vanished from the room… leaving a very confused Jake in her wake. And out in the hall, the confused girl didn’t even see that she was passing her father returning to seek his daughter out.

Max walked into Jake’s room, and looked at the teenager in the bed. “What happened. What did you say to my daughter? Why did she seem so upset?”

“I have no idea,” Jake said shrugging.

“You had to have said something to her,” Max said as he came into the room and settle himself as he tried to figure out what he would be walking into when he did go and search for his daughter even though he figured she was heading to her room. “She seemed like she had seen a ghost?”

“Honest Uncle Max,” Jake sighed. “I just told her to be careful. She was heading back to her room, and I told… damn…”

“What?” Max asked.

“I mentioned she had been targeted in the park,” Jake admitted. “I thought she knew. Or at least she remembered, but it seemed completely new to her and then her face went pale as if she…”

“got her memory back from the attack?” Max asked.

“Yes,” Jake sighed. “I am sorry Uncle Max. I never imagined she would react like she did. I don’t know why she even did because she had to have known it. Given she was at the park and knew that is why they tried to attack Sue. Assuming she was Grace.”

“It probably had slipped her mind,” Max sighed as he hated to think how this was all his fault. If his daughter was targeted after all this time, when they tried to get his wife fourteen years ago and had been dormant all this time because they thought they were successful. It meant a whole new ballgame. “I’ll go see if she is okay.”

Jake nodded as he watched as Max left his room, as he fell back against his pillow wondering what got Grace so upset.

Back in her room, Grace wheeled herself near her bed as she was not ready to try to maneuver herself back into her bed. She knew she worried Jake with the memory of the incident. But it had shocked her to remember that Sue had been attacked because the idiot thought he had Grace, and how the whole situation had played out which ended up stabbed.

“Damn it,” she muttered as she looked out the window in her room.

“Grace what is wrong, I saw you wheel yourself out of Jake’s room all upset. And he didn’t know why…” Max asked as he walked into the hospital room and noticed his daughter by her hospital bed. “Do you want some help?”

“No,” Grace shook his head. “Dad, I am fine.”

“No, you are not,” Max asked. “What’s wrong. Jake mentioned you remembered the attack. Is that what has gotten you upset?”

“Dad is it true,” Grace asked.

“What?” Max asked.

“Did they attack Sue because they believed she was me?” Grace asked and knew from the look on her fathers’ face that it was true. “I knew, but I didn’t know at the same time.”

“With everything you’ve been through in the last twenty-four hours it’s natural for you to forget some stuff, and I know it’s a biggie.”

“It’s more than a biggie Dad, right?” Grace asked. “They are coming after us again, aren’t they?”
Last edited by Parker1947 on Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: On the Razor's Edge (CC, Mature) - A "Reunion" Story - Chapter 13 - 07/18/2019

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Well now Grace remembers what happened in the park. Not so sure that is a good thing or not. Maybe it is good that Tommy is missing. When Jake finds out what that scumbag tried to do to his sister it won't be pretty.
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: On the Razor's Edge (CC, Mature) - A "Reunion" Story - Chapter 13 - 07/18/2019

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Great part.......love that Grace and Jake can see each other......
I'm so afraid that something bad is going to happen.

Thanks
Parker1947
Obsessed Roswellian

On the Razor's Edge - Chapter 14 - 07/20/2019

Post by Parker1947 »

“Honey,” Max tried as got down on his knee by his daughter’s wheelchair. He wanted to dispute it, but he couldn’t deny that with his wife now alive, after being dead for nearly fourteen years and there being sinister underpinnings in her disappearance and now Kal Langley has shown up to deal with the mess that was Tommy Ellis. He knew his daughter was right to be fearful. Their enemies might be after them. “Don’t worry about it.”

“How can I not worry about it Dad because regardless of whether I have abilities that most teenage girls my age would dream of… Still, they came after me. And if they came after me, then wouldn’t they go after Mom if she is back in town?”

“Honey,” Max sighed.

“Dad. Mom was taken from us. Now she’s back. Whether she remembers us or not. She’s back. Whoever took her from us probably now knows. Which is why they sent someone after me last night, right?”

“We don’t know that honey, we can only speculate” Max muttered as he hated how perceptive his daughter was.”

“But there is enough evidence to think I am right,” Grace pleaded. “We just got her back. And even if we don’t have her back, I don’t want to lose her again.”

“You won’t honey, I promise you of that.”

“You can’t promise me of that Dad,” Grace sighed as all her fears came bubbling up. “She doesn’t remember us. She could leave this town tomorrow, and we might never see her again. Or Alexandra and Caroline.”

“Is that what is worrying you honey, losing her again?” Max asked as he took a good look at his precious daughter. She looked so small, so young in the wheelchair despite her age, and he hated to see her hurt.

“Dad…” Grace said.

“Honey, I can’t possibility know what our future is going to be. Or if there is one for your mother in our lives. But I can promise you that she’ll never leave us. And somehow, she’ll always be part of it. And same with your sisters. We will never lose them.”

“Then we have to protect them. They have had fourteen years in a bubble, and now that has burst and that means if they didn’t succeed is getting me, and they know they are unlikely to get you. Then they will go after Mom again, or even worse of all, the twins.”

“You worry about getting better, and let me worry about your mother and sister’s safety, okay?”

“How can I not worry Dad,” Grace cried.

“Then stop, because you don’t have to take on that kind of worry, okay. Leave it to me, or to your aunt, Michael and Maria. We are pretty capable of helping out if the need ever arises, and your mother is a pretty strong woman.”

“They got her, without us knowing in the first place?”

“I think you’ll find that the situation is very different today, and the same scenario won’t be repeated,” Max swore, although he knew the promise was probably hollow, but he needed to reassure his daughter. “I promise you honey that we’ll handle it. So, lay back and relax because it does no one any good, and that includes you, if you let yourself get stressed out about this. Your mother and sister will be safe, and we will somehow learn how to navigate this strange land we’re in with them okay.”

Grace sighed her discontent but knew when her argument would be lost, so she went into fresh territory. “Fine, now tell me about Tommy.”

“Oh god,” Max muttered.

Beth and the girls were taking a break from their sight-seeing expedition and taking looking at some of the stores and when the girls said they were hungry, she decided to brave the Crashdown but her phone rang. So, she sent on the girls ahead, and she took the phone. “Hey Serena, how was the recital?”

Inside Alexandra and Carrie smiled at the alien artifacts that were all through the cafe. They got a good inner laugh, and how this place was like a daydream for them as back home they had to hide who they were, and yet so much of their visit already here to Roswell was like being home even if according to the stories. They hadn’t even been dreamt of, the last time with their mother last walked the footprints of the cafe. “Can you believe this place?” Carrie asked.

“I know,” Alexandra smiled as she and Carrie headed for a table when Jeff Parker came out of the back room and his face went pale when he saw the girls. He was immediately tentative. “Alexandra and Caroline, right?”

“Right,” the girls said in unison. “Is it okay that we came. Mom had to take a phone call; I am sure she will be right in.”

“Sure, you are more than welcome. It’s just so weird to see you two because of your resemblance to your mother and father.”

“We hear that all the time, at least the resemblance to Mom” Carrie cracked.

“Welcome officially to the Crashdown Café,” Jeff smiled as he took a first true glance of his newest granddaughters.

“Thanks.”

“Did you want a booth?” Jeff asked.

“We would love that,” Alexandra confirmed as they walked to a booth by the well. “Is it true Mom used to work here?”

“She sure did,” Jeff said proudly of the memories of his daughter as a teenager taking command of the restaurant, and how he often saw it in his eldest granddaughter, Grace. “Maybe one day one or both of you will want to do the same.”

“That might be cool,” Carrie smiled as neither liked the reminder that at thirteen, almost fourteen that they were growing up and might one day soon have to act like an adult… they liked their current freedom.

“Take a look at the menu, and I’ll be back shortly” Jeff smiled as he left the table.

Outside, Beth was talking on her cellphone. “It’s been unreal,” she smiled as she watched the people walk around and observe the hustle and bustle of Saturday business around the main street of Roswell. “But I must go, given the mischief my kids have undertaken in the last twenty-four hours despite being in strange town, well, I shouldn’t leave them much longer. I’ll try to call later when we got back to the motel.”

Sighing, she walked in and noticed the twins sitting in a booth, and as she decided to walk… she noticed Nancy Parker coming out from the back of the restaurant. “Beth…” she whispered.

“Hello,” Beth acknowledged. “I am joining the girls. We wanted to get something to eat, if that is okay.”

“We want you guys here,” Nancy said as she thought of how confusing it was to look into her daughter’s eyes, and yet see no recognition and the need to refer to a name, she didn’t know the history of in contrast to a name she and her husband gave their only child. “You’re welcome.”

“Thanks,” Beth smiled as she walked over to the girls. “Find anything good, yet?”

“Almost… How’s Aunt Serena?” Alexandra asked.

“The recital was a flying success,” Beth smiled as she looked at Carrie. “They missed you.”

“I missed them but would rather be here…” Carrie assured her mother.

“Whose Serena?” Nancy Parker asked as she was curious about her daughter’s other life.

“Serena Rogers. A great friend from back home,” Beth smiled at the memories of how excited Serena was at what her friend was discovering back in Roswell, despite the worries that it would lead her away from Madison and Connecticut. “We met back after you know my accident. And our friendship has stayed over the years.”

“Oh,” Nancy sighed at the remembrance of the event that took her daughter from their lives. “I am glad you had a friend like that… I know how much Maria meant to you growing up, and how much she missed you, so I am glad you found something like that again.”

“It’s been a blessing alright,” Beth said.

“I’ll let you eat,” Nancy smiled as she walked away and sadly smiled at her husband who stood behind the counter, but she went to another table to talk to a friendly face.

“Are you okay Mom?” Alexandra asked as she could sense the turmoil in her mother. “It must be hard?”

“It’s getting easier,” Beth allowed. “Do you two know what you want?”

“Yup,” the twins said in unison, so she picked out something herself, and placed the order and couldn’t help but look around the café.

“Why do I think this is another one of those family secrets you’re not going to make me privy to?” Grace as she endured ten minutes of silence from her father about Tommy after he was trying to dodge and weave into any other subject, and which all had been rejected by his stubborn daughter. “Tommy is my business.”

“Not any longer,” Max muttered.

“Fine, but I need to know if he’s been naturalized, okay. Please tell me because otherwise
I am going to be thinking the worst and you don’t need me thinking about the worst regarding my damn family.”

“Grace, I promise you. None of us were responsible, so relax and calm yourself down,” Max pleaded because he could sense his daughter’s blood pressure rising. “You don’t want Dr. Cook putting another ban on your visitation rights, do you? I love you honey and all you need to know is that Tommy is no longer a problem for you have to deal with.”

“If it wasn’t us, then who?” Grace asked.

“That can be discussed later. As I haven’t gotten to the bottom of everything that occurred last night, and I don’t know if we have the right person in mind” Max lied because he knew that only one person could have been responsible, and he wasn’t about to admit to his teenage daughter that their alien watcher had taken care of her rapist.

“I don’t believe you,” Grace said stubbornly.

“Believe me,” Max smiled. “We can have this discussion later, maybe when you’re out of the hospital and your life isn’t so emotionally overwhelming.”

“I sense there will be no time in the near future where my life will be dull, so you might as well tell me now.”

“Honey, the wall has ears. We can discuss this another time. I promise.”

Grace grumbled because while she knew her father was correct; she also knew it was also very convenient to use that excuse. “I am going to hold you to that promise,” she warned, and Max could only smile and give her a little kiss on her forehead before turning and leaving the room, and his daughter to fret some more because she knew if her father was being silent about the whoever was responsible, that only meant he/she was dangerous.

“These burgers are delicious,” Beth said as Jeff came back to the table with the check as her lunch with the girls were finishing up. “It looks like you’re having great business.”

“We are,” Jeff smiled. “We had limited business over the last week due to renovations, so everyone is coming back in full force today. We tend to do well by the weekend service, and we’re grateful for the fact we could open to more of the public. How has your time been here in Roswell, despite all the activity over the last day or so?”

“It’s been one discovery after another,” Beth admitted. “So much of the last nearly fourteen years have been in the dark, and so much is dawning.”

“I am glad,” Jeff smiled. “But don’t rush anything you’re not ready for. We’re always going to be here if you do want answers.”

“Thank you, I appreciate that.” Beth smiled as she appreciated how Jeff and Nancy weren’t trying to push themselves onto her and force her into anything. She knew how much it had to hurting them because she saw in them as she saw it in Max’s eyes, and Grace’s. But they were just letting whatever happened happen, and she appreciated it.

“We were wondering if you and the twins wanted to see upstairs. The apartment?” Jeff asked.

“You live here?” Beth asked, quietly as the twins glanced at each other.

“Yes. Since Nancy and I bought this place when you were young girl. There was an apartment over it, and so our family moved in over it, as given the hours of running such an establishment, it was easier that way. We have made it work all these years.”

“I have heard how beloved this place is among the people around town,” Beth acknowledged.

“So, would you like to see the apartment, and where your old room is?”

“Girls?” Beth asked.

And the twins hopped on the invitation. “Can we?” Carrie asked. Alexandra was also interested as she was curious what kind of room her mother would have had in this place. Although with the knowledge that they thought their daughter was dead, so how much of it could be the same?

“Come on,” Jeff said with genuine excitement. “I will wait by the counter,” he smiled as he walked over and said some words to Nancy who lit up but agreed to stay down in the café, so not to make it so intrusive for Beth and the girls.

Moments later, Beth and the girls appeared, and they followed Jeff through and Nancy sighed happiness as she thought of the idea of maybe Beth was becoming used to the knowledge she was gaining, and she wouldn’t want to lose it when all of this was over, when her inner thoughts were broken up when she heard the door to the restaurant open and close, and she looked and saw her son-in-law.

“Max?” Nancy asked. “How’s Grace?”

“She’s healing,” Max said as he didn’t feel the need to get into his daughter’s state of mind and how he knew she was aggravated by the non-answers. “I was hoping to get a burger for her actually, as she is getting tired of the hospital food, and I know she loves your burgers.”

“I would very much love to do that,” Nancy said. “You just missed Beth and the girls.”

Max’s eyes shot up and looked around the restaurant and didn’t see any of them. “I did?” he asked.

“They are actually heading up to the apartment. Jeff wanted to show the place to see if sparks any memories in our daughter. And of course, the twins were excited to go up. I am taking it as progress.”

“You should, and I am glad” Max smiled. “Liz had great memories of her bedroom and god do I ever have awesome memories of that room, or especially the balcony out front as he thought of his first kiss with Liz.

“Do you want to go up?” Nancy offered. “I could work on the order for Grace. Would she want a milkshake too, are you headed back to the hospital?”

“Yup,” Max said. “This was only a pitstop, and I am not sure. Maybe she needs to do this on her own.”

“Yeah maybe,” Nancy acknowledged as she went to the kitchen and prepared her granddaughter’s special order and Max stared at the swinging doors to the back and wondered if he should go up.

Upstairs, Beth and the girls were touring the apartment. Carrie and Alexandra loved it, as it was so homey. “Is this a picture of Mom?” Alexandra asked as she saw a picture in a frame on the fireplace. Picking it up, she looked closely and showed it to Jeff.

“Yes,” Jeff acknowledged as he saw the picture. “It’s from her high school graduation,” he smiled.

“And this one?” Carrie asked as she picked it up and noticed her mother in a wedding dress. “Is this from her wedding?” she asked.

Beth took a step forward, as Jeff nodded as Carrie held the picture frame out to her mother so Beth could glance at the picture.

“It was such a joyful day,” Jeff smiled at the memory. As Beth checked it out and saw her and Max in their wedding photo. She was in a gorgeous simple white dress, so simple and yet formal. She felt a rush of electricity go through her as she held the picture, and yet there was no flash of the day.

“That was your bedroom growing up,” Jeff said as he pointed the room to Beth. As Beth put down the frame and walked towards the room. “It looks like you haven’t done too much to it over the years.”

“We kept it similar to what it was back then, especially after you know we thought we lost you,” Jeff muttered. “For a little while there when Grace was a baby, we put a crib into the room, because even though you guys didn’t spend so much time over here given you still lived in town. There were nights when we would babysit. And after we lost you, we put a small bed in little office we have because we didn’t want Grace to have bad memories. As she grew though, she wanted to spend time in your room.

“She did,” Beth asked.

“Yes, she did,” Jeff nodded. “You can go in, if you want.”

Beth walked into the room, while Jeff took the girls into the kitchen to get something to drink as their mother walked into a room that felt so foreign and yet so warm and homey. Still painted red from Liz’s senior year color. A king size bed now resided in the room. She saw pictures of Liz featured through the room. Even a baby picture of she assumed Grace. She didn’t know what to think. And then she saw the widow slightly open, and she went and opened it and saw something that gave her a rush of memories…

The balcony. Almost on autopilot, she crawled through the window, and got onto the balcony, and saw the sizable area. “I don’t know why I am here…” she whispered out loud.

“I do,” came a soft voice and she turned to the other side of the balcony, and had to settle herself when she saw Max.

“Max!” Beth asked. “What are you doing here?”

“I couldn’t stay away. Not from our spot.”

“Our spot?” Beth asked quietly.

“Yes,” Max said smoothly. “From the spot of our first kiss.”

And just then a flash broke forth, of two teenagers standing before each other…. Warmth was in the air, but there was an electricity between the two as they leaned in and kissed…
Last edited by Parker1947 on Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: On the Razor's Edge (CC, Mature) - A "Reunion" Story - Chapter 14 - 07/20/2019

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Grace is feeling danger.......and she is right.
Max has promised to keep her mom and sisters safe......this may be a big job!
I feel sorry for Nancy and Jeff. This is really hard on them, but I admire the way they are handling things.
That balcony scene.......if Beth doesn't start remembering, I don't know what will.
Thanks
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: On the Razor's Edge (CC, Mature) - A "Reunion" Story - Chapter 14 - 07/20/2019

The balcony is full of memories just waiting to bs had.

RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Yes, the balcony is a very special plan for Max and Liz.
Parker1947
Obsessed Roswellian

On the Razor's Edge - Chapter 15 - 07/22/2019

Post by Parker1947 »

While Beth was revisiting and getting to know her past… Isabel and Kyle were arriving at the hospital to visit both Grace and Jake. With Isabel taking Grace’s room, and Kyle heading for Jake’s room to bring him some comics he had requested from home, and Michael had dropped off on his way to the office as he tried to figure out the case load, he had…

“Shouldn’t you be at work?” Grace asked as her aunt walked into her room, as she sat up in bed and surfed through the television channels. “I don’t want you to be taking off work because of me.”

“It’s not because of you sweetheart,” Isabel smiled as she was happy to see some happiness in her niece. “I don’t always work on the weekends, and in this case, I have the boutique covered for today, anyways, family is more important and right now that includes visiting you. “

“I appreciate the thought, but I am fine.” Grace said as she was laid out in bed with a magazine on her lap.

“I know you are. You are your father’s daughter after all and we Evans can’t be held down for long before we fight back, and we win. You were on my mind and I wanted to see how you were doing…”

“Well, I am doing better than what I where I was a day ago,” Grace smiled as she turned off the television. “So, you don’t have to worry about me.”

“I do,” Isabel smiled. “I know how much you’re going through these days. It can’t be easy to be sitting in here, and not being able to do anything.”

“It has its moments sure,” Grace admitted. “But it’s better than being dead.”

“Hey, don’t say that.” Isabel frowned at the memory of the very real recent past.

“It’s the truth,” Grace cracked. “Look Aunt Isabel I know I have given you… Dad… and well, everyone reasons to worry these last few weeks. But I am going to be great, regardless of whatever comes from any of this drama in our lives. So, I repeat, you don’t have to worry about me because I will be just fine.”

Isabel eyed her niece and wondered if they should worry. Grace was too perky to think everything was going alright given her injury, plus the added weight of what was happening with her parents and now added to it, Tommy. “I smell something funny Grace. Are you really as happy as you seem, or are you trying to make us all believe something other than what you’re truly feeling?”

“Truly Aunt Isabel, I am okay?” Grace sighed and knew she wasn’t holding it together, but she knew how to put on a front before family when she needed to, as she long had history with such of presenting a positive image when everything was going to hell.

“Is any of this new thinking based on your parents? Or is it about Tommy?”

“What?” Grace asked confused.

“Is this your way of getting answers on Tommy?” Isabel asked as she knew full well that the group was trying to keep the particulate from too many ears, or are you worried about your parents?”

“Are you going to tell me anything about the situation with Tommy?” Grace asked as scrutinized her aunt for any details on the situation no one in the family was being honest with her about.

“You are better for now, operating under the official line,” Isabel smiled.

“And what would that be…”

“That he ran away,” Isabel answered. “If he does come back to haunt us, and it still might, it’s better to think that and to believe that…”

“Tommy would never run away…” Grace muttered.

“He might if he worried about the whole situation with you going south. Given Jim was leaning on him more and more, and the truth was in danger of coming out… So, don’t worry about it because Tommy is no longer your problem.”

“Aunt Isabel, I don’t want anyone in our families to be hurt by Tommy… more than they already have to this point. And I whatever happens with my parents happens. I can’t do anything but sit back and wait for whatever happens to happen…”

“You are part of that equation honey,” Isabel smiled. “You can’t sit and wait…”

“They have to make the decisions, and I can’t do anything about it, but it does make me wonder because I do worry that Mom and my new-found sisters could be in danger…”

“They are safe,” Isabel said with eyes shooting up at the change in subject, to something that did pose a ton of difficulty for her and the rest of the family. The fact they let Liz get taken all those years before, and none of them had been any the wiser and now the danger of the repeat happening again, and how it was on their doorstep.

“Aunt Isabel. I know I was targeted the other night. They almost got Sue because they were looking for me, and by some luck they got me anyways. So, I know I was the original target. And give Mom was taken all those years ago, and there are now two new members of our large clan. Shouldn’t we worry about them… making sure they are safe.”

“Honey, they are safe. Because I am sure your father will do anything humanly possible to protect your mother and sisters if the need does arise, okay?” Isabel said smoothly to her niece. “Plus, your father has some other inhumanly options too, so don’t worry. There is no way your father is going to let your mother go into harms way. We now know. I grant you, the attack on you was a surprise. But I think we will be more cautious in the coming days and weeks. And there won’t be a repeat.”

“Do you think Mom will stay?” Grace getting to her greatest worry. “Or will the danger run her out of town, back to her old life?”

Isabel sighed because she had no easy answer for this one because she really didn’t know what the outcome of this would be for Max and Liz. Could Liz come back to them, and merge with Beth or would they lose her to the other life she’s been building for all these years. It would define Grace by whatever does happen…

Max could only stare at Beth for such an intense moment as the flashes played on as each looked at the other, with Carrie and Alexandra looking from the other side of the wall, in their mother’s childhood bedroom. Jeff had gone downstairs to clarify a mess developing down there, and so the twins stayed and saw their mother outside on what they saw was a balcony, and it blew their minds to see Max with their mother.

“Maybe I should go,” Max asked as he broke the stare between him and Liz. “This is probably too much for you.”

“It is, but don’t go.” Beth said quietly. “I don’t want you to go.”

“You don’t,” Max asked.

“No,” Beth said. “I don’t know why, but this place draws me like a magnet. I feel so much in the air when I stand here, why don’t I in my bedroom… or the room, I was told was my room?”

“We had some of our best moments out here,” Max smiled. “They were always very memorable, and maybe not always sweet but they were unique which is what you were always to me, incredibly unique.”

“Max,” Beth sighed.

“I know, I know, go… go back to the girls. I need to get back to the hospital and check in on Grace. And check on some other calamities that have happened, so I’ll leave you alone,” he allowed as he turned to back the way he came. “I just couldn’t help myself.”

“Is that how you always came up?” Beth asked.

“Yes,” Max said. “From the first moment,” Max said.

Beth sighed as she watched Max climb down the wall of the balcony, and she took a deep breath and turned and got ready to go through the window and stopped when she saw the girls looking at her with their jaws dropped. “What?” she asked.

“You two…” Alexandra asked.

“What?” Beth asked.

“I don’t know,” Alexandra smiled. “I can’t describe it.”

“You don’t have to,” Beth said as she couldn’t even describe what was happening with her. She wasn’t getting much back, and yet whenever she was with Max, she felt drawn or compelled to be with him and yet she had to turn away due to the fear of the unknown. “Let’s go,” she said. “We have some more stores to check out.”

“Sure, whatever you say Mom” Alexandra said as she couldn’t believe the connection their mother seemed to have with the man that was their father, as she watched her mother come into the room and look around, and then moments later they left the Crashdown after saying good-bye to Jeff and Nancy.

While Beth and the girls finished their tour of the main street, and the shops. Max took the order he picked up from Nancy and headed back to the hospital. Grace was still visiting with Isabel when Max walked in. “I have a surprise for you,” he glanced at the half-eaten lunch sitting on her lap. “Not hungry?” he asked.

“Not hungry for this stuff,” Grace muttered. “They need to upgrade their selections because I am not sure how much more I can take of this stuff.

“Then how about this?” Max smiled as he held up a bag, and a cup holder and Grace could instantly smell heaven, and she grinned. “You got me a Crashdown hamburger?” she asked, “and an Alien Blast shake?”

“Your grandmother Parker selected the order personally,” Max smiled. “I thought you would want something that smelled normal for a change.”

“Thank you, Dad,” Grace smiled as she took the bag and shake from her father and opened the bag and smelled and it all pepped her up, as Isabel couldn’t help by laugh.

“I’ll take that as my cue to leave,” Isabel said. “Max, would you want to see me out for a moment?”

“Sure,” Max said as Grace ignored what her aunt was saying as she sunk her teeth into the burger a sighed a deep sense of relief. Max and Isabel could only smile as they walked out of the room together and closed the door, to give his daughter some privacy. “What’s up?”

“Your daughter is troubled,” Isabel said simply as she stared back at the closed door, and then to her brother.

“About what?” Max asked even though he sensed he knew the answer and didn’t quite like the answer that would be forthcoming.

“Well, she’s worried that her mother is in danger again, or the twins might be too. And most of all, she worried they will leave to get away from the danger.”

Max sighed because she knew that was what his daughter was getting at earlier with all her concern, and so his sister’s statement wasn’t that surprising. “Look I know. I wish I could tell her that everyone is going to be alright, and nothing bad would happen again, but I can’t. And when I do try, she knows me Iz, she knows that I am lying. So, what am I going to do?”

“Make sure Beth is safe. And that she doesn’t take the girls and leave,” Isabel sighed at the insane situation her brother was now in as they stood out of the hospital room that held his eldest daughter.

“She’s going to eventually. She does have another life you know,” Max said fearfully. “As much as I want her to stay and learn to accept Roswell. Eventually she is going to have to leave.”

“But make sure it with the knowledge she is safe here,” Isabel suggested. “We just got her back, and to see her go… and for good.”

“I doubt it would be for good because I do think she knows she has too much here to lose, and so much to start to know again. But I really don’t know, I really don’t know what I am going to do about that…”

“I think you would surprise yourself with your ability. Just make sure she knows that life is welcoming here, and we’ll be on the lookout for any danger because her eyes have to be open after what she’s experienced so far….”

“I will try Iz…”

“Good, I have to get going and check in with Kyle and the kids. If you find anything more about our friendly enemy K, call me… okay?”

“I will,” Max sighed of the knowledge of Kal’s involvement in their lives after so many dormant years made him just as worried as his daughter about whether Beth would stay, or would she take her girls and run back to her other life and so he sighed again, and walked back through the doors and visited with his daughter who was happily consuming the burger and shake as she tried to shake away the fear of losing her mother again.

But he might have something to worry about as twenty minutes later as Beth watched her twins go into their motel room, she walked into hers and she found it ransacked. She knew she had been a restless sleeper the night before, but she knew she hadn’t left papers all over the floor. Drawers opened, or even turned upside down…

Frozen in fear… she rushed over to the twin’s room, and knocked on the door frantically…

“What is it Mom,” Alexandra asked as she came running. Carrie was in a bathroom, getting ready to take a shower. And Alexandra was getting ready to read a book and relax when she heard the peppering of knocks on the door…

“Is everything alright over here,” Beth as she looked behind her daughter, and saw everything was normal. A shower now running, and nothing abnormal…

“Fine. Carrie is taking a shower. And I was just going to read, why?”

“Nothing,” Beth said as she stepped back. “Go ahead, continue with what you were going to do" as she turned back and walked to her room, but Alexandra knew her mother when she was rattled and had seen it too happen to much recently, to not know the tell-tale signs and she closed her door, and followed her mother…

And her eyes shot up when she saw the state of her mother’s room.

“Oh my god Mom… What happened to your room?” Alexandra yelped. “Are you okay?”

“Alex… go back to your room, please…” Beth pleaded. “I am fine, it obviously happened while we were out. So, go back to your sister and stay there please until I call.”

“Mom, but, but… what happened?”

“I have no idea,” Beth sighed as she looked around and then her face frozen and instantly went into ghostly pale color that scared her daughter, when she saw the message written with lipstick…

“LIZ, LEAVE NOW – GO BACK TO MADISON”

“Alexandra, please, go back to your room” Beth cried as she went for her phone, but Alexandra had her phone with her and was dialing before her mother could… “Sheriff Valenti, this is Alexandra Evans. Can you please come over to the motel now…? Mom needs you.”

Beth stopped dialing as she looked at the mess with genuine fear… as Alexandra heeded her mother’s pleas and went back to her hotel room, and to her sister as Beth wondered just what she had walked back into by coming back to Roswell.
Last edited by Parker1947 on Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: On the Razor's Edge (CC, Mature) - A "Reunion" Story - Chapter 15 - 07/22/2019

Why do I get the feeling that we already know who is responsible for Liz's disappearance? That the past is coming crashing into them again.