Reunion (CC, Mature) Couples: L/M, M/M, I/K - Chapter 71 - Completed - 7/15/2018

This is the place to post all your General Roswell fanfiction. Any Canon fics, which pick up directly from any episode of the show and that focus on Max/Liz, Michael/Maria, Isabel/Alex or Isabel/Jesse, Kyle/Tess, or all the couples together! Rule of Thumb: If Max healed Liz in the Crashdown in September 1999, then your fic belongs here. If it picks up from the show in any way, it belongs here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, jbangelo, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Reunion (CC, Mature) Couples: L/M, M/M, I/K - Chapter 56 - Updated - 4/14/2018

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Why couldn't Liz have had a happier memory of the Crashdown?
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Reunion (CC, Mature) Couples: L/M, M/M, I/K - Chapter 56 - Updated - 4/14/2018

Post by L-J-L 76 »

OH MY GOD !!!!!! So Jeff and Nancy got some shocking news. And Beth is starting to realize she is Liz. Wow that was a hell of a memory she got of her and Max. Thank God Maria is with Beth and the girls. Oh boy Jim is seeing Beth. Wow that was one hell of a bomb shell Beth dropped. Wondering when Beth / Liz will meet Max, Nancy and Jeff. Can't wait until Max, Nancy and Jeff see Beth.

L-J-L 76
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

LOL........one of the twins recognized Maria from the books she wrote.
Beth is realizing among many things, this is a small circle here in Roswell.
What will the path forward be???
Finally Jeff and Nancy know........have they let it all set in yet??
Thank goodness for the blood matches......they never lie.
Loved it when Beth said "Max".
Thanks,
Carolyn
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Great part. I'm glad the twins are learning about their family. How on earth is Max going to tell Beth about his heritage? I think the twins are putting all the pieces together.
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Please please please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? Can't wait for Beth, kids to meet Max and others.

L-J-L 76
Parker1947
Obsessed Roswellian

Reunion - Chapter 57 - 4/17/2018

Post by Parker1947 »

“Yes, you are,” Jim smiled as he offered a chair for Beth and the girls. Maria and Kyle sat and observed on the couch. “I know this has to be scary for you,” he offered towards Beth. “But I am glad you are here.”

“Thank you for the help you gave my daughter when she decided to show up yesterday,” Beth smiled.

“It’s no bother,” Jim smiled at Beth and Alexandra. “I am just glad I was able to have enough warning to be able to be there when Alexandra did come into town because we all know how serious this situation could have gotten.”

“I would have been fine,” Alexandra muttered.

“I am sure you would have been” Jim smiled. “But there is always risk of plans going go wiry as I have been come familiar with recently,” he said as he looked at Maria and she nodded. “Even older kids than you and your sister have been known to fall into difficulty when they feel they are quite able to handle the situation on their own.”

“We are all glad things happened the way the day…” Beth sighed as she feared for what would have happened if her daughter had been met with harm on her grand adventure.

“You’ve met my son,” Jim asked.

“Yes,” Beth nodded, “You can say that he and his friend were helpful in awakening me and my girls to the truth.”

“And you were seeking out answers on your own?” Jim asked.

“We were starting to when we got our visitors,” Beth admitted. “A recent school project awoke us to fact I didn’t have a history to be able to share with them, and things went from there.”

“You’ve led your life without these answers?” Jim asked.

“I sort of had to, whether I wanted to or not.” Beth admitted. “I was a blank slate when I woke up.”

“You remembered nothing?” Jim asked.

“Until now, no,” Beth sighed. “I had some flashes here and there and recently I remembered waking up in the ambulance as the paramedics tried to wake me up, but then I am told I was comatose until I woke up two months later.”

“Which would have been in, what, August 2008” Jim asked.

“Yes,” Beth admitted. “When I woke up, I was told I had been there since late June and they were amazed that I had even woken up because with coma patients, the longer you are unconscious the greater the chances are you don’t wake up.”

“But you did,” Jim asked.

“Yes, and I found out I was pregnant, but I had no memory of my name or how I got to New Haven. They told me my crash happened on the outskirts of town, and I was transported into New Haven and the hospital to recover but because of my injuries and pregnancy I stayed as a patient until the twins were born on Halloween, and then we were released in early part of November or I was. The twins took a little more time before they could be safely released. I met a very good friend at the hospital and she helped me move on with my life.”

“That would-be Serena Rogers,” Kyle piped into the conversation. “I met her when I was there in Madison.”

“She was Serena Palmer then,” Beth smiled at the memories of her friend. “She married Keith Rogers about 11 years ago.”

“You live in Madison, Connecticut?” Jim asked.

“Yes,” Beth nodded. “When I moved out of the hospital once the twins were born and my condition had improved Serena helped me find an apartment in New Haven and that is when I started the formal process to starting over, you know legally because they knew me as Jane Doe.”

“And it was granted, and you started your education again at Yale?” Jim asked as he read from the information he had gained from Michael’s investigation.

“Yes,” Beth nodded. “When I formally took the name Beth Evans, I was able to start my education at Yale University with some preliminary courses, but it was soon very apparent that I knew the knowledge to advance my education and into medical school and the school was very helpful given they knew my situation.”

“And you continued to advance.”

“Yes,” Beth admitted. “A little later when the kids were slightly older, and I had more of a financial standing, the twins and I moved to Madison where we settled into an old estate that had a carriage house on the back and I continued to work in New Haven and later Serena moved with her family to town and she started her medical practice and I settled with my girls into our current home a few years ago.”

“How did you take the name Beth?” Jim asked.

“It was a name that popped into my head when I was sitting in my hospital bed debating name for myself and the babies before they were born. And the name Beth just seemed right for some reason, and with the name Evans well I just had this strange attachment to the name from the beginning.”

“Uncanny,” Jim muttered.

“Yes it,” Beth admitted.

“And there is another reason Beth might seem familiar to you,” Maria said coming into the conversation. “During our senior year, you were feeling overwhelmed and you decided to go away to boarding school in Vermont and while it was only for a couple of weeks, you were trying to get away from your life here in Roswell and, so you took on the name Beth at the school to hide.”

“I did?” Beth asked carefully.

“Yes,” Maria admitted.

“They never caught who caused your crash?” Jim asked.

“No,” Beth shook her head. “Because I was unconscious for so long they couldn’t find any clues and when I woke up without any recall I couldn’t help the conversation, so the case went cold. I just know I was thrown from the car, and the car was totalled and that they are amazed I and the twins survived.”

“If my mother is who you say she is,” Alexandra asked. “Has anyone been caught involving her accident here in Roswell?”

Kyle and Maria looked at each other and at Jim. Jim sighed. “No because we believed your mother was dead and the circumstances of the night with the terrible weather accident we had enough to believe that it was a pure accident that was caused by bad weather.”

“Where did it happen?” Beth asked.

“Outside of town,” Jim nodded. “It was out in the desert, near some old caves and chambers. Do you have any memories of your life before your accident, at all?”

“No,” Beth shook her head. “Nothing”

“Well you were a medical student working two hospitals to be able to accelerate your education and you were coming home from the hospital in another town and the weather was terrible, and the crash exploded, and we found a body that we matched with dental records and therefore we believed we had an identity.”

“Elizabeth Evans?” Beth asked.

“Yes,” Jim said.

“If you had a body and dental records then you really believed I was dead.” Beth asked.

“Yes,” Jim said.

“I left a husband and daughter,” Beth asked.

“Yes,” Jim nodded. “Max and Grace!”

“I wish I could remember them, and while I do have some slight recall based on flashes, but it’s really just patches, and I don’t know the pathways to those flashes, or how they all come together. I did meet Grace.”

“What!!!” Jim, Grace, Maria, Kyle and the twins spat in unison.

“You are really planning on working this afternoon?” Elizabeth asked Grace as they walked to their last class of the morning, and before Grace was supposed to be at the Crashdown to work a shift.

“Yup,” Grace smiled. “I can’t wait.”

“Weird,” Elizabeth smiled as they saw Camryn come up to them. “Hey!”

“Hey yourself,” Camryn said as she stared at Grace. “I saw Jake this morning?”

“You did,” Grace asked.

“I didn’t realize how injured he was?” Camryn said to Elizabeth who wasn’t sure what to expect from her brother’s ex girlfriend. She seemed to pop up all over the place these days and she didn’t know what that meant for her friend or brother for that matter.

“It was a surprise to us as well, and to him. We didn’t really know how bad it was until he saw our doctor,” Elizabeth smiled. “So, he’s handling it as well as you can expect from my brother.”

“Yeah, he has a very Jake attitude about it,” Camryn smiled.

“That is a good way to describe my brother right now,” Elizabeth said as she smiled to Grace. “It was an unfortunate accident, but he’ll adjusting to it like a champ and plus he likes the freedom from school.”

“Life is full of surprises,” Camryn smiled. “I just wanted to let you know I knew, and not just about Jake.”

“What do you mean about that?” Grace asked afraid of what that meant for the many secrets she held.

“Just that Tommy got what he deserves,” Camryn muttered. “Jake tried his best to cover but I know him and how much he likes to deflect from the true situation and in this case, it was easy to put two to two together.

“Cam,” Elizabeth started.

“Don’t,” Camryn stopped Elizabeth from saying. “Grace your story is your own and that goes for secrets too but just know I know, and I know how it all stems from the party a couple of months ago, I hope you know you’re not alone.”

“I know I am not alone,” Grace said.

“If you need any support you can always ask because I do know someone who was treated in the same way and it’s no way to be treated,” Camryn smiled. “Take it easy and know you’re not alone.”

“Thanks,” Grace said.

“What was all that about” Elizabeth asked as Camryn vanished from the hallway and left Grace and her looking at each other.

“Who knows,” Grace said as they walked into the next class.

“She’s a doctor,” Max was saying to Jeff and Nancy as he checked his watch and knew he had to get to the office but felt compelled to stay and comfort his in laws over this earth-shattering news of their daughter being alive. “She survived a crash five day after our Liz’s crash outside of New Haven, Connecticut”

“She became a doctor?” Nancy asked.

“Yes,” Max said. “I don’t know all the details. Michael, Kyle and Jim are privier to additional information but appear that she started almost from scratch again with her education and she built a new life for herself and her girls.”

“She gave birth to twins?” Jeff asked.

“Yes,” Max said oddly detached from the reality if Liz was alive what it meant for him to have two more children. “Their names are Alexandra and Caroline Evans.”

“Oh, my god,” Nancy whispered “Alex!”

“I know,” Max nodded. “The connection of the names is very eerie.”

“So, she took on the name of Beth Evans in her life in Connecticut,” Max said softly.

“She did,” Jeff asked.

“Yes. When she woke up from her crash, she was without memory. She still is, so it’s a warning to both of you no matter what we find out and if she’s really coming back to us. We have to adjust to who she is today.”

“But she’s alive,” Jeff said. “We can handle anything as long as she’s alive and has the ability to come back to us, and for us to love her and her other children.”

“We can’t push it,” Max advised.

“But it’s a start,” Jeff said with a huge smile as he took his wife into his arms for a huge hug.

“I guess it is,” Max said as he checked his watch once again. “I really do have to run, I am sorry for laying this all on you and then running.”

“You have your job to get to,” Nancy smiled. “When you know more, tell us, okay?”

“I promise.”

“Here is your homework up to now,” Elizabeth said as he put the bag that held the pile on the couch beside her brother. She was officially on lunch break and while Grace was headed to work a few hours at the Crashdown she elected to come home for some decent foot and the hassle her brother for awhile. “Also, here is the lap top from your electronic arts class,” she smiled. “Mr. Watson is allowing you access to it, so you can work on your end of term project here at home instead of school and he tells me that the same password applies.”

“Cool,” Jake said. “Thanks for picking me up the course load for me. If I have permission to stay at home than I might as well, please Mom and Dad and actually do homework while I am stuck here at the house.”

“Given you’re so close to graduation.”

“That I am,” Jake smiled. “So how is Gossip Central at school today?”

“You know the usual,” Elizabeth muttered. “But I suppose you know all about that because I am told Camryn paid you a visit,” she asked. “What was your ex-girlfriend doing here?”

“She wanted to check up on me,” Jake nodded as he opened the bag and brought out some the books he was supposed to read and sighed because he knew his sister was on a fishy expedition and she knew how to hit pay dirt.

“I bet,” Elizabeth smirked.

“She’s with Robert Elizabeth,” Jake said with defiance. “She says she’s happy.”

“She seems to be coming up in our lives again when I suspect you barely spoke a work to her after you guys broke up after Christmas,” Elizabeth muttered. “So why now?”

“She goes to the same school as us and we have a history,” Jake smiled. “She’s with someone else, and is even thinking of heading off to university with Robert if he’s accepted for Texas A&M on a football scholarship. So, I don’t think you have to worry about my sliding back.”

“I am not worried that you’re sliding back because Cam is a great girl, and you actually were great together, but I am worried that you would be using her as a diversion from whatever is going on with Grace.”

“I can’t use her as a diversion if she’s with someone else and seemly serious about him,” Jake reasoned.

“And how does she know about Tommy Ellis anyways. The way she talked to Grace was like she knew everything.”

“She’s a smart girl Elizabeth, and I didn’t have to tell her anything.”

“I bet,” Elizabeth muttered as if she didn’t believe her brother.

“I didn’t,” Jake shook his head. “She guessed.”

“How?” Elizabeth asked warily.

“She was at that party too Elizabeth and without knowing the nitty gritty, she guessed the rest.”

“It’s Grace’s life,” Elizabeth warned. “We shouldn’t be gossiping.”

“I know that sis,” Jake sighed. “She was concerned that I might be getting too far into revenge mode with Tommy.”

“She should have warned you before the park,” Elizabeth observed as she took a look at her brother and could only wonder what kind of hell they did to deserve all this angst.

“She did.”

“And you didn’t listen,” Elizabeth muttered as she could only shake her head. “I should have known.”

“You’re the one who was engaging with him in the park, and it had gotten pretty intense before I was even involved, and I really could stay out of it once he was spewing that garbage about Grace, so it wasn’t a walkable offense.”

“I know,” Elizabeth sighed as she eased off. “Grace is hurting from a lot of things in her life these days, and I don’t want her to be the central figure in the gossip that floats around school.”

“Camryn isn’t going to gossip sis,” Jake smiled. “She’s the total opposite of the gossiping kind at school in fact she’s known for misdirection at times. So, I wouldn’t worry about what Camry knows.”

“I do,” Elizabeth said. “Just be careful okay.”

“I am always careful,” Jake said to a laugh from his sister. “Have you heard from Mom?”

“Nope,” Elizabeth shook her head.

“I expected her back from the library by now,” Jake said.

“I am sure she’s deep into the writing or off on some other mission,” Elizabeth smiled as she checked the clock and the countdown before she had to get back to school. “Do you want me to make lunch for us?”

“Sure,” Jake smiled. “Thanks for the offer.”

“I am home, so I might as well,” Elizabeth muttered as she walked towards the kitchen as Jake wheeled the chair behind her.

“So, Grace is headed to the Crashdown?” Jake asked as he wondered why his friend was up to. They hadn’t talked since their moment the night before, and he couldn’t help but fret over what was happening and how befuddled his friend was at the moment.

“Yup,” Elizabeth nodded as she went to work.

“Grandpa, Grandma, are you there?” Grace said as she knocked on her grandparent’s apartment door over the Crashdown. She still had twenty minutes before she had to be at work and she thought that she would come up and check on her grandparents because she knew her father was back at the office because he had texted her to say the talk had gone well and now she wanted to make sure and as she was about to knock one more time, the door swung open. “Hey!”

“Grace, come in” Jeff Parker smiled a huge smile at his granddaughter. “It’s so good to see you.”

“I came to check in on you guys before I start my shift because I know my father came to talk to you and Grandma, so how are you guys?”

“We are fine,” Jeff smiles as Grace walked into her grandparents’ apartment and looked around and felt the spirit of her mother aiding her even she knew her mother was alive but the memories in the place was positive and Grace enjoyed feeling the aura of hope in the apartment again. “How are you handling the news?”

“That Mom might be alive,” Grace said as she continued to hedge on the fear that this would all be a cruel and elaborate hoax and given whom she was, you couldn’t take any chances.

“Yes,” Jeff said as Nancy rushed out of the kitchen as she heard the voices and hugged her granddaughter. “Your father told us all about the situation.”

“I am glad,” Grace smiled.

“It feels too good to be true,” Nancy admitted to their granddaughter. “I would never imagine it would happen.”

“Me either,” Grace admitted. “It’s not like we didn’t find a body, so it wasn’t a case of Mom disappearing and all clues were that she died. We buried her.”

“We know,” Jeff nodded. “It’s got to be painful for you.”

“I would think it would be more so for you guys or my Dad,” Grace asked. “I was so small, so I barely had any memories of her. Her loss to me was more about her ghost being so much in our lives, and not being able to know the woman she was for longer, but it is adjustment to believe that this is true.”

“We have called the Sheriff and asked for your mother’s grave to be dug up, so we can know who is buried there under your mother’s name.”

“That makes sense,” Grace agreed. “How are you guys handling this news?”

“It makes no sense but then on the other hand, it makes complete sense. We have missed her so much and for her to be alive,” Nancy asked.

“But if she doesn’t have any memory of us, then we might want to take the cautious route,” Grace warned. “Because I was too small to know her, but you guys knew her so well and Dad, Maria and the others. It creates more expectations on you than it does on me.”

“You are still her daughter,” Jeff smiled as he tried to be encouraging to his granddaughter as he suspected there was a sense of detachment of reality as she was sitting on the fact she was so small to really know her mother to help her deal with the idea of her mother being alive. “It’s a second chance to know her even if she’s completely different than the girl and woman we knew her to be before she left our lives.”

“Dad truly loved her, and it’s going to kill him if she can’t remember that love.”

“If they meant anything to each other then you never know what it might bring both of them to be in each other’s live,” Nancy smiled.

“I guess,” Grace nodded as she hugged both her grandparents. “I love you guys and you are the best, but I have to get ready for my shift.”

“Are you sure you want to work given all you’re going through?” Jeff asked his granddaughter. “One of us can take over.”

“No, I need this Grandpa. After everything that has happened these last few weeks and this latest news about Mom, I need this...”

“Okay,” Jeff nodded. “But take it easy, okay?”

“I will,” Grace said she disappeared from the apartment as Jeff looked at his wife and shook his head.

“That isn’t the Grace we knew.”

“Liz changed as she turned sixteen. Grace is dealing with the same changes,” Nancy remarked. “She’ll make it through.”

“I hope so because not everyone makes it through their teenage years,” Jeff muttered as downstairs Grace changed for her shift, and on the top of the clock she began her shift.

“Sorry I was called away,” Jim said as he returned to the office. Kyle and Maria were still watching the gathering as she had lost interest in her research for her manuscript for the moment and knew from text messages that Elizabeth had headed home for her lunch period, so her son would have company and she couldn’t but feel compelled to stay and watch because this had been almost fourteen years in the making the ability to have Liz back in their lives.

“It’s alright,” Beth sighed. “I know we are keeping you from the work you need to be doing as Sheriff of this town.”

“It’s alright,” Jim said. “As I was doing my other business, I got a request from the Jeff and Nancy Parker as they have now been told about the incredible set of circumstances we find ourselves in at the moment.”

“What is the request,” Beth asked.

“They want to dig up the grave that has your name on it, so we can know if a body exists and who it could be.”

“That is more your avenue than mine, so you don’t need my permission,” Beth muttered.

“It is,” Jim nodded. “I am just telling you that I have been in contact with your parents. They aren’t trying to push themselves on you or your girls, but it’s matter I as Sheriff will have to deal with given we believe we buried you and had a body, as little as it was at the time.”

“I guess,” Beth nodded.

“Before I was called away, you mentioned that you met Grace Evans?” Jim asked. “I would like to know more about that encounter.”

“It was only briefly. I am a doctor at New Haven Medical Centre in Connecticut and a few weeks ago, she was admitted to our hospital after becoming unconscious at Yale University.”

“Oh, my god,” Maria whispered. “You were there?”

“Yes,” Beth said. “I was the admitting doctor, but I wasn’t the treating doctor. That role went to a good friend, Dr. Alyssa Davis as I was at the end of my shift and Grace was the last patient wheeled in before I went off shift and I did the immediate assessment before I turned over the patient for any further treatment to my colleague.

“Wow,” Carrie gushed.

“That is how we matched?” Alexandra asked.

“Yes,” Beth nodded. “When the girls schemed to put their genetic sample in for testing against my wishes although to credit them they didn’t ask otherwise if they had I would have agreed anyways when they plotted their little mission, the sample came back as a match with Grace who had been a patient in my hospital a few days prior to the test being conducted.”

“But you didn’t meet Grace” Jim asked as Maria marveled at the connection and if the situation might have been different, they all might have seen each other.

“She was largely unconscious at the time because of her condition,” Beth admitted. “But she woke up briefly.”

“She did,” Jim asked. “Did she say anything; did she recognize you?”

“Yes,” Beth said to the astonishment of the others.

“She called me Mom!”
Last edited by Parker1947 on Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Reunion (CC, Mature) Couples: L/M, M/M, I/K - Chapter 57 - Updated - 4/17/2018

Post by Roswelllostcause »

It is good Jeff and Nancy know. It is also good to find out who really is in Liz's grave. Why do I have a feeling that Tommy has more victims out there and Camryn knows who they are. Or maybe she is one of them herself.
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Reunion (CC, Mature) Couples: L/M, M/M, I/K - Chapter 57 - Updated - 4/17/2018

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Maria has been the perfect one to fill in the blank spaces.
Loved that Beth remembered Grace calling her "mom".
Maybe this is the start of remembering.......hope so.
Thanks,
Carolyn
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

So Max, Nancy and Jeff are learning more thing about Liz then they ever known. So Kyle, Maria and Jim are helping Liz. Now all that needs to happen is for Max, Grace and other see Liz/ Beth. Hoping Max and others see and meet Liz?????

L-J-L 76
roswell4life
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by roswell4life »

Maybe it's just me, but if I knew this person was within miles of me and I could possibly see and meet the person I love that I thought was dead for the past 14 years I would do it in a heartbeat!!! :roll: lol hopefully there's a sighting or meeting between Max, Liz/Beth & Grace SOON!!! :lol: and here's to hoping she remembers the happier times she shared with Max in the past too!! :D Patiently waiting for this reunion to happen!!! :D