Reunion (CC, Mature) Couples: L/M, M/M, I/K - Chapter 71 - Completed - 7/15/2018

This is the place to post all your General Roswell fanfiction. Any Canon fics, which pick up directly from any episode of the show and that focus on Max/Liz, Michael/Maria, Isabel/Alex or Isabel/Jesse, Kyle/Tess, or all the couples together! Rule of Thumb: If Max healed Liz in the Crashdown in September 1999, then your fic belongs here. If it picks up from the show in any way, it belongs here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, jbangelo, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Reunion (CC, Mature) Couples: L/M, M/M, I/K - Chapter 33 - Updated - 2/05/2018

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Watch out......Maria is hot on the trail now.
It's time to tell Max what is going on.........
Does Michael suspect there is a connection with Hanson now??????
I'm waiting for more, right now!
Carolyn
Parker1947
Obsessed Roswellian

Reunion - Chapter 34 - 2/08/2018

Post by Parker1947 »

“I hate this,” Jim was telling Detective Casper. It had been Casper and MacIntosh who had interrupted the talk with Maria and the meeting between the four of them had not gone well even as Maria had been able to get out her comment about aliens by the skin of her teeth. “I am an author and I was only going through an upcoming plot twist with an expert in law enforcement,” she lied and, yet she hadn’t been completely sure if the detectives bought her cover story. Whether it was believable or not Jim had been impressed his step daughter could come up with such a cover story. It made him remember that the kids had plenty of experience coming up with creative excuses to get out of tight spaces over the years. But when the talk came onto the fact that Jane Doe might be Liz with the detectives, Maria became defiant in her determination that her best friend had to be dead and to kick the dirt on her grave was an insult to Liz’s memory and then she fled the office. Everyone had someone who they looked like in this world and Maria was clinging to the fact that while this Jane Doe might look like Liz she couldn’t possibility be Liz because Liz was dead. Once Maria fled the office to escape anymore talk, MacIntosh following soon after to be able to go and join his wife and son so it was left to Casper to stay and talk with Jim.

“What? Sandra asked.

“I am asking a lot of my stepdaughter. She is very close to the family we’re all talking about. And to tell her to keep it to herself is very hard.”

“She can tell them if she wants. It’s you who wants it kept a secret?” Sandra reminded the Sheriff. She sensed they were coming to the crossroads in the investigation and it was becoming clearer that they could be closer to identifying once and for all and she could go home soon.

“I am only doing that because of the pain that is going to involve if we’re dealing with a hoax,” Jim said. “Even if we are pretty sure that Beth Evans is Elizabeth Parker Evans.”

“Maybe it’s time they know,” Sandra asked. “More and more people are becoming wise to our investigation. Mr. Evans sister is close to finding out. And now your stepdaughter knows. So maybe it’s time they know.”

“Maybe,” Jim acknowledged. “But if she has no memory of them. It is going to be a hell of time for all involved. I still think we need to sit on it for the time being until we know more.”

She’s alive whether she remembers or not,” Sandra asked.

“That is true,” Jim nodded. “But for their sakes and ours, we might as well want to go the DNA route to totally show 100%.”

“The kids match Jeff Parker and you told us yourself that our investigation showed that a DNA search put through the last few weeks that Alexandra and Caroline Evans also match the Evans’ daughter Grace.”

“I guess I hesitate to make that official call,” Jim admitted.

“It’s a tough call,” Sandra allowed. “I wouldn’t want to make that call. But it’s a call that is going to have to be made.”

“What if Beth is Elizabeth but she doesn’t want anything to do with her family here in Roswell. She’s made a life in Connecticut. Is it wise to rock Max’s life only to have him lose her all over again?”

“He deserves the truth!” Sandra said. “I would want to know if my husband disappeared for a considerable time, and I believed he was dead only to learn he’s started a new life somewhere else in this country and was content with his new life. At least I would know, and my kids would know the truth.”

“And if he forgot you?” Jim asked. “If it was impossible that he could remember, or know the time that you were happy and in love.”

“Yes,” Casper admitted. “It would hurt like hell. But at least he would be alive. And my kids would know he was alive, even if he were gone most of their lives as is the case with the eldest Evans child. Life is always, one step at a time. And they take it from just simply knowing they have a wife and mother who is still alive.

“This is hell!” Jim groaned.

“What is going on?” Isabel asked her friend. The kids are downstairs gorging on pizza and you’re not down there supervising how much they are eating. And now you’re saying that Michael is dodging your calls.”

“I wish I knew,” Maria said.

“Oh, you know,” Isabel said. “You wouldn’t hold yourself up here in your bedroom if you didn’t know something. And you said it yourself that you are afraid your husband wants you to lie.”

“Not lie,” Maria admitted. “Because it’s not a lie but it would make me secretive and I would be forced to withhold information.”

“All I got out of Kyle was it’s about Liz. What about Liz?” Isabel asked. “She’s been dead almost fourteen years.”

“I can’t talk about it,” Maria whined.

“Maria,” Isabel said.

“I wish I could. And I really don’t know what I am doing,” Maria admitted. “I wish I could talk to Michael, and even then, I have no idea how this all will go.”

“It’s because of Max and Grace, right?” Isabel asked.

“Yes,” Maria admitted.

“I don’t want to put you in a bind,” Isabel said. “Maybe I should go?”

I don’t want to hurt Max or Grace,” Maria whispered quietly. “When they know what, I know, they will be put through hell.”

“How?” Isabel asked as she could tell that she is being kept in the dark for a reason and she hated it and, yet she could tell that her friend was in pain over what she obviously knew. “Why is it that everyone but Max, Grace and I are in the know?”

“I am only in the know because I happened upon it,” Maria admitted. “You started it.”

“How did I start this?” Isabel asked shocked.

“You are the one who told me those cops were in town investigating Liz’s crash,” Maria said. “And I wouldn’t leave it alone, when maybe I should have because of course, being who I am, I couldn’t leave it alone, so I went to Jim, and overheard something I really wish I didn’t know. And I now I am forced into an ugly catch 22 because if I tell the truth than a lot of pain will be unleashed, and if I keep it a secret than I am a part of the conspiracy to keep something life changing from people we love.”

“Then tell me,” Isabel said.

“You don’t want this hell!” Maria said quietly. “I wish I didn’t.”

“I am going for a drive,” Michael told Kyle as they walked back to the hotel from a nearby diner where they had burgers. He knew he was risking Maria’s wrath by not returning her calls, but he didn’t want to be the one to confirm or ask that she keep it a secret until they knew more about Beth.

“I’ll be in my room watching some movie or something,” Kyle said as Michael walked to the car. He knew the quandary his friend was in because he felt the same with his own wife but at least Isabel didn’t know because of how close Max and his sister was and he didn’t want that hell for Isabel. And Maria was now going through it.

“See you later,” Michael said as he left the hotel.

“I need to get out of here,” Maria declared as she felt sick with her knowledge and she needed time. “I think I need to go up to the cabin, and get away.”

“What about the kids?”

“Belle is off next week on Spring Break, and doesn’t have anything really urgent she needs to be attending to at school the reminder of the week. The older kids have tests they need to take so I can’t pull them out. Jake and Elizabeth need to be at school, and they can take care of themselves. So, I think I’ll pack some stuff and take Belle up to the cabin for the remainder of the week at least.

“Michael really has pissed you off?” Isabel asked. “By not calling”

“Yes, he did!” Maria admitted as she got off her bed and grabbed her suitcase. “And it gets me away from facing Max and Grace until I am ready to tell the truth or Michael is back and he can do the hellish job all he wants.”

“Colin and Liam?” Isabel asked.

“I can ask Mom and Jim,” Maria said as she grabbed her clothes and piled them in the suitcase.

“God Maria, what has happened?”

“You don’t want to know,” Maria said again as she opened her door. “Jake, Elizabeth get up here now. I have to talk to you,” she yelled downstairs as she grabbed her cell phone and called her mother. “Mom, something has come up. And I need to get out of town for a few days and I was wondering if Colin and Liam can stay with you and Jim for the remainder of the week while they go to school. Thank you so much. I’ll take Belle with me, so when I drop the boys off, I’ll pick up Belle. I’ll be at the cabin if you need to get in touch with me. Yes, I am running. If Jim is home, he will tell you why. Talk to you soon!”

“Hey Mom, what is up?” Jake said as he and Elizabeth came into the room.

“You want to be treated like an adult, great because you have a chance to proof you can be one,” Maria smiled sweetly at her eldest son.

“What are you up to Mom?” Jake asked his mother as Elizabeth came into the room and Jake looked at their mother with a look of wariness. He rarely saw his mother in this kind of a manic mode, but Maria was in one now and it unnerved him and heck it unnerved Isabel who couldn’t think of a time of recent times where she seen Maria go so off.

“I am heading up to the cabin until the weekend at least and taking Belle with me. Colin and Liam will be spending the rest of the week with Grandma and Grandma Valenti. But you two will be allowed to stay at home.”

“We are?” Jake asked. “Wait up! You’re heading up to the cabin? Why?”

“That is not important right now,” Maria said adamantly. “Do you think I can trust both of you to keep an eye on each other and not to run wild while you have the house to yourself?”

“Of course, we will be fine Mom,” Elizabeth said sucking up to her mother. “But why are you going up there?”

“I need some time to work on the manuscript and to think. Colin and Liam have school all week and tests before their Spring Break officially begins. And you both are in high school and old enough to keep an eye on the house if I can trust you.”

“We’ll be fine Mom,” Jake said. “You can trust us!”

“And a warning honey,” Maria glared at her son. “Jake. Please DO NOT take my absence as license to slack off at school again. They have my number now and they will call if they see any absences go in the system to confirm if you are legitimately out of school.”

“Mom!” Jake whined. “I told you and Dad that you don’t have to worry about that.”

“I worry about a lot of things Jake. And right now, I don’t need my 18-year-old risking his graduation with only weeks left, okay?”

“I promise you, okay, Mom,” Jake said.

“You don’t have to worry Mom,” Elizabeth smiled while smirking at her brother “Grace is back in school and going out on a date with Dominic tomorrow night so Jake has vested in school now, if only to keep an eye on the two of them!”

“Elizabeth!” Jake whined to Elizabeth. “Will you stop with that innuendo?”

“Regardless of whatever motivation you have for attending I want you at school and I also I want you two to stop in on your Grandma and Grandpa to check in on your brothers, and make sure they don’t feel left out. Okay?”

“Sure” the two teenagers said.

“Now get out, I must pack,” Maria said as Isabel made steps to leave so she could get home and feed her kids. “Since you are obviously talking to your own husband. Will you please tell him hello for me and tell him to have Michael call me and I won’t hear any more excuses that they are too busy to call, because I know when Michael is on a case even if it’s out of town one that he does have free time to call me.”

“I will try,” Isabel smiled at the whirly emotional race her friend was on to run from the situation she faced, and so she left. “You know whatever you’re facing is a tough one and I don’t envy you, but I want you to take it easy, and be careful, okay?”

“I will!” Maria promised as Isabel left and she turned around and looked around her bedroom and let out a scream that the kids heard and gave each other questioning glances at each other.

“Your father is in so much trouble,” Isabel commented to the kids, who only nodded as they saw their aunt out of the house.

By eight o’clock that evening Maria was packed up and had picked Belle up after depositing her youngest sons with her mother and Jim and was off on the drive up to the cabin in Northern New Mexico. Jim was still at the office so Amy was still at a loss while Maria was acting off. But she focused on her two grandsons and they started to play a computer game with the boys beating her when the door opened, and in walked Jim.

“Hey,” Amy smiled as she greeted her husband. “You’re late.”

“Long day,” Jim smiled as he noticed Colin and Liam playing a computer game. “What are they doing here? I thought you still had Belle?”

“Maria picked her up a little while ago, and is on the way to the family cabin. Colin and Liam have tests they can’t miss this week before their break start.”

“Jake and Elizabeth?” Jim asked. “Hey boys”

“Hi Grandpa,” Colin and Liam said as they greeted their grandfather but was soon immersed in their computer game while Amy took an out from the game and followed her husband into the kitchen.

“Jake and Elizabeth are teenagers, in high school. Maria is going to trust they won’t cause too much damage and prove they can be adults. But they didn’t want to put too much pressure on them by forcing them to care for the boys, so they are here until the weekend.”

“They are more than welcome,” Jim said. “But isn’t it kind of sudden, isn’t?” he asked. “For your daughter to up and head up to the cabin as they rarely go up there during the school year unless there is school break.”

“It is, but she said you would know why she was going up and she wasn’t any more communicable when she picked up Belle. So, do you want to tell me what is wrong?” Amy asked.

“Honey, Maria knows.”

“She knows… that Liz could be alive.” Amy asked, shocked.

“Yes.”

While Jim and Amy were talking, Michael was making the dreaded call home and was shocked to find it was only Jake and Elizabeth at home.

“What do you mean your Mother left you and Elizabeth home alone while she went up to the cabin?”

“She’s pissed Dad,” Jake said. “She said she needed to think and work on her latest manuscript. Spend time with Belle but because the boys have tests before their break starts, that they couldn’t go. She’s being trusting.”

“I bet,” Michael said, figuring his wife had to be mad that he hadn’t called if she was planning to leave their two oldest teenagers home alone together without any worry of the antics they might unleash.

“What is going on Dad?” Jake asked.

“You don’t want to know,” was all Michael was willing to say because they were still kids but because of his son’s bond with Grace and the knowledge of the impact that kind of information would have on the boy.

“Dad!” Jake tried saying.

“Jake, leave it alone and just concentrate on keeping a good eye on your sister and the house” Michael advised before hanging up. “God, Maria is going to kill me,” he thought to himself and said as much out loud as he knew she still had an hour or so drive, so it would be useless to try to call and then would want to go right to bed when she did reach the cabin.

“Boys can you go upstairs and play the game up there,” Amy said so that she and Jim could discuss what they were going to discuss in private. “But only for another thirty minutes and then you both need to start getting ready for bedtime.”

“Yes Grandma,” Colin said as he and Liam moved their battle upstairs and once they were out of earshot, Amy and Jim resumed their discussion.

“Jim,” Amy asked.

“I know sweetheart. I wasn’t trying to tell her. But she had lunch with Isabel and Isabel made a comment about the investigation being reopened, and Maria happened upon a discussion I was having in the office. I couldn’t withhold the truth when she walked in on the information she did.”

“How is she?” Amy asked.

“You saw her yourself,” Jim said. “She didn’t take it well.”

“Oh, God Jim,” Amy muttered. “Damn, Damn, damn it” she recited as she hated the emotional turmoil her daughter was in, and she couldn’t help her when she needed the help.

“Yeah,” Jim said as he grabbed a plate of chicken pasta for dinner and took it with him to the dinner table. “I don’t know if she still is, but when she left the station. She was still the state of denial. Believing it was a hoax, and I am yanking her chain and bringing a lot of pain for nothing and that Liz was dead and was staying that way.”

“Oh god,” Amy said. “My poor girl,” she muttered. “She mentioned that Michael was ignoring her calls.”

“Because he is afraid of the conversation that likely will have to be held,” Jim observed as he took a fork of pasta from his plate.

“So, is Liz alive?”

“Yes!”
Last edited by Parker1947 on Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Reunion (CC, Mature) Couples: L/M, M/M, I/K - Chapter 34 - Updated - 2/08/2018

Post by keepsmiling7 »

It is time to make the situation official!
Jim is in hell.......and Maria is going crazy......
I'm going crazy with Maria ........they need to stop worrying about Max and Grace being disappointed again and share this information.
Thanks, Carolyn
roswell4life
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Reunion (CC, Mature) Couples: L/M, M/M, I/K - Chapter 34 - Updated - 2/08/2018

Post by roswell4life »

Okay...okay.............okay.....this has gone on long enough! The RIGHT people NEED to know what's going on and everyone else just needs to get a grip!!! It is a real possibility that Liz is alive and they just don't want to believe it. The next part better be all Beth/Liz and Max and Grace finding out what's going on!!! LoL!! :D
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Wow it seems everyone is in their own hell. Jim because he knows Liz is alive and has to tell Max, Grace. Michael because he has to talk to Maria. And Maria because she knows what Jim, police, Michael and Kyle are all doing. And she can't tell anyone. Wonder who is going to tell Grace, Max, Isabel and the Parker's what is going on? Wonder how everyone will take the news? Wonder if Beth will agree with a blood test to find out who she really is? Please please please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? Can't wait to find out what will happen next.

L-J-L 76
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Roswelllostcause »

It's time for the truth to come out! I just know that when Max and Liz are together again that her memory will come back!
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Getting closer. When are we going to see Max, Grace, Beth/Liz and the twins?
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

People are really incredible!

They are all concealing Liz to Max - when he should be the first one to learn the truth! Even if it will be hard for him - at first - but then, he would be so happy, even if Liz needs time to remember!

Maria is upset?!?! Okay, her friend was dead and now, she is alive... again! where is the Problem?

The People who need to know that Liz is alive are Max and his oldest daughter! Not only did Max and Liz lost enough time (which will never come back!) Maria should remember that - instead of acting like a whimsical woman...

But more... nobody even told Max... now that they know she is alive! :? :twisted: They lived - all this time without Liz in Rowell, without Alien Problems and that the reason why they lived such an easy life... if you ask me!

Anyway, I love this Story and I am waiting for more IMPATIENTLY!!!!!!!

EVE :wink:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
Parker1947
Obsessed Roswellian

Reunion - Chapter 35 - 2/10/2018

Post by Parker1947 »

“Why did your mother vanish to the cabin last night?” Grace was asking the next morning at the Crashdown. She was meeting her friends for breakfast before her first class. Her father had left for work early due to some case that was threatening to become a problem, so she elected to meet Jake and Elizabeth who were getting an early breakfast. The Crashdown only had light service due to the renovations, but had breakfast service so they were getting something to eat.

“Who knows,” Jake muttered as he took a forkful of eggs and pancakes. “Adults are a mystery.”

“It’s strange given your father is away from home on a case,” Grace said. “It doesn’t seem like something she would do.”

“It’s not, but there was no talking her out of it” Elizabeth said taking a forkful of her eggs and waffles. “I’ve got to say that it’s weird at home. It is very quiet.”

“I am sure it would be,” Grace said. “I couldn’t imagine if Dad left, and I was home alone for more than a night.”

“But at least during the days we will be busy,” Elizabeth said as she heard a groan from her brother. “Mom made sure to warn Jake to go to school.”

“I bet you didn’t take too well to that warning,” Grace asked Jake.

“Nope,” Jake smiled. “I was told that I am on a thin rope with the school, therefore if there are any unexplained absences my parents will hear about it, so I have been warned.”

“Like that would really stop you,” Grace muttered to the smiles of Elizabeth and Jake.

“What do you mean Maria left Jake and Elizabeth home alone while she and Belle went up the cabin?” Max asked as he looked at his sister as he arrived at his office to find Isabel waiting for him in the waiting room of the office. Isabel had come to pay a visit with her brother before heading off to open her shop. “That makes no sense.”

“It does to her,” Isabel said. “But it is unsettling to see Maria so manic about it, I grant you.”

“What is going on?” Max asked as he unlocked the door to his office and headed for his desk and put his cases he would be looking at on his desk, one being a lawsuit he was studying for one of his criminal cases. “Michael is off in Connecticut and being quiet, and now Maria leaves her two eldest kids in a house filled of distractions and goes hours away.”

“At least with Michael, it’s a case taking him away,” Isabel said softly. “With Maria, she said she needs to do some thinking and to work on the manuscript for her next book.”

“It’s not like writing can’t be done at home, given all the kids are now in school full days” Max reasoned. “And thinking, she might have a house filled of kids. But it’s not like Michael is there taking her attention. Or is it Michael she needs to think about?”

“I will say that he has been silent with his wife,” Isabel said. “And she’s beyond fed up.”

“What is going on Isabel?” Max asked again. “This whole case of Michael’s is strange. The fact Jim set it up, sure that happens. Jim is Sheriff. There is bound to be a crossover but to send Kyle with him. And now you said that he’s not even calling his own wife. Wow. That is so not like him.”

“It’s not,” Isabel conceded.

“Do you know something Isabel?” Max asked.

“You finally decided to call?” Maria stubbornly asked her husband through her computer as she sat at the cabin. Belle was in watching some cartoons before she and her mother were due to go for a walk in the woods. They had arrived late the prior night and as Michael speculated as soon as Maria called her eldest son to say they arrived safely than she and Belle went straight to be bed and got up and went and did some grocery shopping before returning to another attempted Skype call that morning.

Back with Jake was a toddler, before Grace was born the Evans, Guerin, Valenti clans had gone in and purchased a cabin in the Northern part of New Mexico where the families could go and relax. Over the years, renovations were made to make the cabin much bigger than the average cabin and more like a cottage given the many children that ended up being born, and it ended up being a modern one. There was also no ignoring the technology age they were in. And so, it was connected but only connected to a point to that privacy of any alien secrets could be kept.

Maria had sometimes come up to write, but she knew that her actions would rank as suspicious once everyone in the families came to know where she went and the fact she left Jake and Elizabeth home alone.

“I am not the one who left our two oldest children who happened to be very active children alone in a big house while you drive hours away with our youngest” Michael reminded his wife. It was late morning for him. Kyle was off working on a lead for Michael, and so Michael could make another call to his wife. “I happened to try several times this morning already, this is my third attempt. Where were you?”

“First I trust our daughter more than our son and therefore I think Elizabeth will counterbalance any rash move our son will make. And when the chips are down, I think Jake realizes he needs to act like an adult and take care of the house and his sister. But it’s only to a limit given I left Colin and Liam who had tests to take this week with my mother and Jim.

“And?” Michael asked.

“Belle and I went grocery shopping and just got back. So, given I have tried to get a hold of you so many times yesterday and you didn’t call back. You can live with several missed calls,” Maria reminded her husband.

“You’re pissed?’ Michael asked.

“Yes, I am pissed,” Maria asked. “You knew full well what I had learned, and you didn’t call me back in my time of need. You know how I would have responded to that kind of information, and you left me alone.”

“I did try Maria,” Michael said quietly.

“When?” Maria asked with a glare into her computer screen so hard that Michael could feel in his hotel room.

“Last night!”

“After I left, that is lifetime after I learned what I learned Michael,” Maria cried. “How could you wait so long?”

“I am sorry. I knew you want to talk to me, but I couldn’t deal with it.”

“Because you’re going to ask me to lie to Max and Grace aren’t you. It’s can’t be true Michael. Liz can’t be alive.”

“She is,” Michael said quietly.

And Maria cried.

“Hey,” Beth said as she opened her door and found Kyle waiting with a bag of donuts and coffee. “I didn’t expect to see you” he smiled as he had expected to show up and see that no one was home or car was there yet the house was dark, but he tried anyways, and it turned out she was home.

“I am surprised you’re up,” Kyle remarked as he witnessed Beth disheveled and looking ragged. “I figured I was taking a chance. Didn’t you work last night?”

“Come in,” Beth said. “I would be sleeping but at the last minute I took an emergency leave from the hospital for the remainder of the week as I needed time to assess recent developments and I couldn’t do that and be responsive to my patient’s needs,” she admitted as she had revealed that she called her boss that morning after sending the kids off to school and told her boss the truth that she was too overwhelmed to work. While her memory wasn’t coming back yet, but her past might be coming back to her, and she needed time to assess where she was, and her boss understood and promised to put Alyssa on her cases. Beth then called Dr. Montgomery and told her of her emergency leave and that the hospital would be assigning her cases to Alyssa for the rest of the week, and why she was taking the leave and Alyssa was very compassionate and understood and wished her the best.

“Wow,” Kyle said as it came to him how much his and Michael arrival had complicated her life. “I am sorry if our arrival has made things harder for you.”

“If it’s the truth than it’s something that did need to happen,” Beth reasoned. “It’s just been a long time, and my life seemed to be perfectly content and to have it go topsy turvy so suddenly is more a shock to the system than the idea of finding out who I might actually be.”

“Sudden news always has a capacity to that,” Kyle admitted as they settled in the living room. “I brought donuts and coffee.”

“Thanks,” Beth smiled. “But I probably do need something stronger given all I am dealing with, but I appreciate it,” she said taking one of the coffees and a donut.

“How are the kids handling it?” Kyle asked.

“Very well,” Beth smiled. “Frankly they are handling it better than I am, or they aren’t letting it hit them yet.”

“Kids are resilient, mine are too.”

“You have kids?” Beth asked as she wondered why it seemed like she was comfortable with this man and, yet he was a stranger to her.

“Yeah, three” Kyle admitted. “Two daughters; Kylie and Michelle and a young son, Jamie.”

“Three kids, that must be a challenge,” Beth asked as she reminded herself if she did have another daughter out there, then she would herself have three children.”

“I am sure having to raise two at the same time must be a challenge,” Kyle asked. “Luckily I have my wife to help me. But to deal with twins, alone, that must be much more of a laugh a minute,” Kyle asked.

“It has had its moment. Especially when I was younger and dealing with getting through my studies to get my certification to be a doctor and having two babies and then toddlers, it wasn’t easy.”

“I bet,” Kyle said as he was reminded that that Beth herself was a doctor. “Can I ask you why be a doctor?”

“Truthfully I don’t know. When I woke up, I was a blank slate. No memories whatsoever. And because of my pregnancy and complications from my recovery I needed bed rest until the twins were born and therefore as I sat or wheeled myself around in a wheelchair and I observed the staff and my best friend Serena who then was intern work the hospital and I felt I was in a familiar environment. Sure, I was sick of it as a patient, but there was this level of comfort and it made me wonder if medicine was my destiny. And because I had time on my hands, I studied. First for my GED because I had no memory of what education I completed, and then later in more complex medical studies.”

“That couldn’t have been easy,” Kyle asked.

“No, it wasn’t,” Beth smiled. “Can I ask you something?”

“Sure, go ahead.” Kyle asked as he took another donut from the plate that Beth had provided and took a bite.

“If I am this woman,” Beth asked quietly. “Can I ask you who was she?”

“Her maiden name was Elizabeth Parker. But everyone called her Liz. She later married into the name Evans. She was the only daughter of Jeff and Nancy Parker, who own and operate an eatery in our home town, Roswell. She was a waitress at the establishment from the time she was able to hold a job until she graduated high school and got married. She ended up becoming a doctor, although she was only an intern and medical student at the time she died.”

“She was on her way to be a doctor?” Beth asked incredulous at the eerie similarities to the life she was now leading.

“Yes,” Kyle smiled. “She always loved science. And that love for science led her into medicine, and what ultimately, she would have done with that love I don’t know. But she was headed in that direction.”

“And yet she was married?” Beth asked.

“Yes,” Kyle admitted.

“Who was he?” Beth asked.

“His name is Max,” Kyle smiled.

“Mom’s overwhelmed,” Alexandra said to her sister as they walked to first mutual class. “She didn’t go to work last night, and I think she’s home tonight too.”

“That is not Mom,” Carrie admitted.

“It’s not,” Alexandra said. “It’s unbelievable, isn’t it?”

“Yeah,” Carrie nodded. “The idea Mom is a dead woman. And we have a father, and a sister out there and maybe more….”

“It’s mind blowing.”
Last edited by Parker1947 on Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Reunion (CC, Mature) Couples: L/M, M/M, I/K - Chapter 35 - Updated - 2/10/2018

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Hurry back!
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639