Reunion (CC, Mature) Couples: L/M, M/M, I/K - Chapter 71 - Completed - 7/15/2018

This is the place to post all your General Roswell fanfiction. Any Canon fics, which pick up directly from any episode of the show and that focus on Max/Liz, Michael/Maria, Isabel/Alex or Isabel/Jesse, Kyle/Tess, or all the couples together! Rule of Thumb: If Max healed Liz in the Crashdown in September 1999, then your fic belongs here. If it picks up from the show in any way, it belongs here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, jbangelo, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Reunion (CC, Mature) Couples: L/M, M/M, I/K - Chapter 53 - Updated - 4/02/2018

Post by keepsmiling7 »

So Grace paid Tommy a visit to get things off of her chest......
Everyone is stressed, but Grace seems to be the most.
And finally Liz remembers "Max".......
It's time for this to all come together.......where are you Alex??
Thanks,
Carolyn
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Reunion (CC, Mature) Couples: L/M, M/M, I/K - Chapter 53 - Updated - 4/02/2018

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Finally Beth is remembering that she is Liz. Wow that was a really romantic memory Liz and Max had. So Grace confronted Tommy again. At least Grace said what she wanted. So glad that Jeff was there for Grace. So is Beth and her daughters going to walk around Roswell? Who is going to be the first to see Liz and the girls? How will the person react when they see Liz and the girls? Will they be happy, hurt or confused? How long will Beth and girls stay in Roswell? Will Max and others help Liz? What will Jeff and Nancy do when they see Liz and the girls? Will Max and others help Liz remember her past? Will Max and Liz fall in love with each other again? Will Liz and girls move to Roswell? Will Max and Liz get to know each other all over again? Will Max and Liz have a happy ending together? Sorry for the questions I was just wondering.

From
L-J-L76
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

Great new part!
Both are starting to remember their lives together and it is fantastic... At least, both remember at the same time! Looking for more and thanks! EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
roswell4life
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by roswell4life »

OMG!!! She's remembering and she hasn't even seen Max face to face!!! Can't wait for this reunion to happen!! :D
Parker1947
Obsessed Roswellian

Reunion - Chapter 54 - 4/05/2018

Post by Parker1947 »

Max was trying to ignore his dream the next morning as he was watching his daughter eat breakfast and, yet he was troubled. Life for both of them had changed over the last few weeks and he could tell that his daughter was no longer the care free little girl she had been, and he wasn’t too sure he was the same guy either. “Are you sure you are okay?” he asked.

“I am perfectly fine. The sleep was all I needed,” Grace said with a smile that her father could almost believe. “I was overwhelmed, and I admit it yesterday. A lot did happen after all.”

“You scared me Grace when you disappeared on me last night,” Max said.

“I am sorry Dad that disappeared on you. I figured I would be back before you got home but then the drive took longer and before I knew it, I was at the hospital.”

“Why did you go see Tommy?”

“I am guilty whether he was a good guy or not,” Grace muttered. “I wouldn’t mind him dead, but I am not that cold blooded that I can’t feel. And I actually needed to see him to say a few things to him and get some stuff off my chest so to speak.”

“Maybe it’s time you talk to someone,” Max asked as maybe it was time he got some help for Grace or at least someone for her to talk to.

“I am perfectly fine Dad,” Grace shook her head. “I can handle this I assure you and I don’t need to talk to someone about my feelings. There is more I can’t talk to him or her about anyways. I just need the time to figure it all out.”

“You’re not the same girl you once were Grace. A lot of new emotions come as part of the package deal of growing up.”

“Dad if you’re asking about Jake,” Grace asked. “Please don’t!”

“No, I am not,” Max sighed. “I would rather still be denial about that if I am completely honest. But you did get a blow yesterday with news about your mother. And maybe you need to talk to someone who is experienced in trauma. You were so young when she was lost to us.”

“I was too young to really know her,” Grace said. “So, I never had the memories of Mom to begin with so it’s not like I missed much...”

“You were too young,” Max sighed at his daughter trying to say it was nothing... “But that doesn’t stop the feeling of loss given you did lose your mother from your life.”

“What I don’t get is why?” Grace asked. “We genuinely believed she was dead and she has amnesia sure, and that would prevent her from reaching out to us. I really don’t get why someone would want us to hurt, this badly?”

“It is unknowable,” Max said as he truly didn’t want to believe this was a revenge born out a past enemy in Khivar.

“Why do I doubt that?” Grace asked.

“Honey the past is a messy thing for all of us and it’s always tricky having to revisit it,” Max muttered.

“Could it be Tess Harding?” Grace asked and honestly shocked her father. “I know the stories Dad!”

“Honey, no, Tess is honestly and sincerely dead and something I witnessed myself and she turned into dust” Max said. “She died years before you were born, or your mother was taken from us.”

“So, who could it be?” Grace asked. “If someone went after Mom than it doesn’t matter if it was years earlier because whatever anger that person felt was still relevant to that person?”

“Let me worry about that,” Max said to his daughter. “You worry about school and all the things you have to worry about in your life. You don’t need this to weigh you down as we will find out the answers.”

“Why does the past have to be so horrible?”

“Because sometimes it can’t help but be messy or horrible, but if we’re strong enough then we are able to look at it and learn from it, and make sure that it doesn’t infect our future.”

“You loved Mom, didn’t you?” Grace asked.

“Yes. She was my moon and the stars...” Max smiled at the memory of his love for Liz as it was pure bliss to remember the good times. The bad times were hell, but the good times were magical just like the idea that he could find someone like Liz given who he was and how he had come to this country.

“Can you check in on my classes today and pick up any homework?” Jake asked Elizabeth as he sat in wheelchair in the kitchen eating his breakfast. They hadn’t heard from Dr. Jacobs yet, so he didn’t know when he could get back to school, so another day would be spent at home.

“Sure,” Elizabeth smiled. “Have you talked to Grace this morning?”

“Nope,” Jake said as he took a bite of his waffles as he tried to ignore the prying eyes of his sister.

“I guess she ended up at the hospital,” Elizabeth said. “She was visiting Tommy.”

“I don’t know why,” Jake muttered as he thought of Grace. “He should be dead!”

“We both know why,” Elizabeth frowned. “Anyways she’s home, and I am sure will be at school today. Do you want me to tell her anything?”

“No, if we speak, we’ll speak.”

“You two are hiding from each other,” Elizabeth asked.

“I can’t exactly get out of the house right now,” Jake muttered. “So, I am not hiding from anything and she has a lot of stuff to deal with, so we don’t talk every minute, as you spend more time with her than I do and that has always been the case”

Elizabeth laughed “Why is there is that feeling like something has changed with the two of you.”

“I promise that nothing has changed Elizabeth,” Jake lied knowing full well that everything had changed between them and he didn’t know what it meant for any of them.

“I think everything has changed,” Elizabeth asked. “You are better off confronting it now than letting it solve itself because it might never do so if you let it fester.”

“Go to school,” Jake muttered as Maria came in and the talk stopped as they focused on their mother. “Morning Mom.”

“How’s the pain?”

“Constant, but the pain killers are helping,” Jake said. “But I am doing better than I was yesterday at this time.”

“I guess that is progress,” Maria said. “If either of you were looking for your father, he has already left because he has something to discuss with Max and Jim before he heads to the office to face the work load that he’s missed. I am heading off in a few minutes to drive Colin, Liam and Belle to school. Do you want a lift Elizabeth?”

“I would love it,” Elizabeth smiled. “Now that I don’t have my trusty chauffeur and Grace is not in the mood to pick me up.”

“We are leaving in ten, so you might as well go and get ready.”

“I’ll grab my stuff,” Elizabeth said as she rushed from the room.

“You don’t have to say it,” Jake said as he looked at his mother who was getting a cup of coffee for the road. “I am staying away from Grace while she deals with her life.”

“I wasn’t going to say anything at all about that except to say that once I drop off your siblings then I am heading for the library to research for my book for a few hours unless you need me around?”

“I think I can handle it,” Jake said. “I don’t want you stuck here at the house when you need to work on your book.”

“Excellent.” Maria smiled. “And Jake, about Grace”

“Mom!”

“Grace needs a friend. I know things are weird between the two of you right now. I remember that time in my life, and it was not that easy for me, so I can’t imagine what it would be like for the two of two especially since we are so close as families. It’s a very odd situation, but she needs a friend and I suggest just being there for her as one, and whatever happens, happens...don’t push it.”

“I won’t,” Jake acknowledged.

“Then I am leaving, and I’ll see you later. If you need me then call my cell phone or if you hear from Dr. Jacobs text me if you can’t call me.”

“I will,” Jake said as Belle and Elizabeth came running downstairs to join their siblings and before long he was alone in the house and alone with his thoughts...

“Moon and stars, really,” Grace smiled as she asked her father as she finished up breakfast and Max was flashing back to his love for his wife in his memory. “She was really your one and only?”

“She was my soul mate. I know it is difficult for you to imagine given you think of yourself and imagine yourself whether you would be ready to get married in just two years, and now that isn’t something I am endorsing for you sweetheart but with you mother, it was pure magic. From that moment in third grade, it was dreams come true.”

“You met in third grade?” Grace asked.

“She didn’t even know I was alive for most of the time. I was just someone in her school, moving up the grades with her. But when your aunt and I started at school following our adoption and our getting adjusted to you know earth and the ability to speak English and all that, we went to school and on that first day I saw her. And she was the one.”

“But you were from a different planet, how could you know?”

“I still don’t know,” Max smiled. “Whether my human side was stronger or there was just something about your mother but then Michael and Isabel also found love with humans and strong loves with them as well...I think Michael would be lost without Maria. Maybe it was encoded in us that free will wins out, and to find that someone and in my case, it was your mother. She didn’t know I was alive. It was years later....”

“When you saved her life?” Grace asked.

“Yes,” Max smiled. “And it opened a whole new world for all of us as it brought your mother into my life and Maria into Michael’s and ultimately Kyle into your aunt’s. You know the stories. You know it wasn’t easy, nor was it simple and I still don’t know how we made it through to be able to commit to each other at age eighteen. Given all we had to live through maybe it was just the end of long bumpy saga and we got lucky.”

“But you wouldn’t trade it?” Grace asked. “Knowing what you know.”

“Not for the world. Even if this is all a head fake and your mother is really dead. I would never trade any of it for the road not taken. I loved your mother with my whole heart. I got you out of it. I had the privilege of having her in my life because so many of those obstacles we faced could have ended us, and they didn’t.”

“Do you wonder?” Grace asked.

“No, and it’s not to say I enjoyed the pain of losing your mother because I didn’t. I am still amazed I made it even thought I had you to love and raise, but your mother was that special one for me and I couldn’t imagine myself with someone else and that loss was devastating in the early years.”

“You never found someone else?” Grace asked.

“No,” Max smiled. “Your mother was it for me and even if she stays dead this time, I know I had my one and only.”

“But aren’t you lonely?” Grace asked.

“No honey,” Max smiled. “I love my life. I know your aunts don’t believe me. But I am perfectly happy with my life if it stayed the same as it is now.”

“What happens if Mom is alive?”

“I honestly have no idea,” Max smiled as he looked at the time and saw he needed to head over to see Jeff and Nancy before it got too late. “It won’t be easy that is for sure, but we’ll make it.”

“I hope so,” Grace sighed.

“It will be alright,” Max assured his daughter. “And honey, relationships are tricky. I know you have been having a rough time lately and your education into the merits of relationships has been unfortunate but not everyone is like Tommy. I know why you are skittish right now, and you have a right to be. But I don’t want you to be afraid to try for that someone who just might be your soul mate.”

“Dad!” Grace muttered.

“I’ll stop,” Max smiled. “I have to head over to your grandparents, but I just wanted to let you know I love you and I know you are very smart and will make the right decision for yourself. You are still pretty young so take your time and don’t rush because the right one will always be the right one.”

“Jake might be gone in the fall!” Grace said softly.

“If you’re afraid of him leaving don’t rush, take your time because even if he elects to leave than it doesn’t mean it has to be the end, it just might have to be the long haul. It was for your mother and me? We got lucky with our early start but the journey to that special day was long and hellish and besides we were happy and in love for only a brief time in high school before the road got bumpy. Take your time, and make sure you really are sure.”

“I know,” Grace nodded as the back door open and Michael appeared. “Uncle Michael!”

“Grace, Max.” Michael smiled as he hugged his goddaughter.

“I am heading up to get ready for school,” Grace said. “Thank you, Dad, for the talk as you gave me a lot to think about.”

“I am glad,” Max smiled as the teenager left. “Michael, you’re a surprise. I figured I wouldn’t see you until later. I was headed over to give a head up to Jeff and Nancy.”

“Oh,” Michael said.

“Grace is insistent that they know, and I agree,” Max said.

“I guess it’s a something that has to be done,” Michael admitted as he felt bad for not even considering the impact on Jeff and Nancy Parker regarding their daughter being alive. “How is Grace?”

“Overwhelmed on a whole bunch of matters,” Max admitted. “It’s not easy being my daughter at the moment. Tommy is still unconscious.”

“That he is,” Michael said. “I wish he would stay that way, but you know.”

“I know,” Max said. “So, what’s up?”

“Camryn,” Jake looked up in surprise as he saw his ex-girlfriend appear at the back door as he sat reading a text book from school before he went back into the den to give his leg and arms a break. “Come in,” he motioned the girl to come in.

“Oh, my god Jake,” Camryn rushed into the house. “What on earth has happened to you and your leg?”

“Basketball injury,” Jake said using Grace’s excuse. “It was more serious than they thought in the beginning. So, this is only temporary until I can have surgery than I’ll be on crutches and more mobile.”

“Grace didn’t tell me that it was this serious,” Camryn said as she immediately sat down by ex.

“She didn’t know,” Jake admitted. “I hadn’t been to the doctor yet.”

“Are you really okay?” Camryn asked. “Or are you putting a front on for me here.”

“I am peachy,” Jake said as he talked warmly of his situation to his ex girlfriend. “Honestly Cam. Sure, it’s painful but it’s manageable at this point and plus it’s giving me an excuse to be off school with the permission of my parents.”

“Only you would see the advantage of being in a wheelchair,” Camryn smiled at the cheerful attitude she was seeing in her ex although she didn’t know if it was a front or if he was showing his true emotions.

“You might as well search for one if you need one,” Jake smiled. “Why are you here?”

“I wanted to check in on you when I heard you were taking another day off school.”

“I don’t see why?” Jake asked. “How are things with you and Robert?”

“Perfect,” Camryn smiled. “He’s being recruited by number of schools and one of them is Texas A &M and I am thinking of going with him if I can get in as well and he accepts the offer.”

“Wow,” Jake said. “So, things are going well.”

“I am happy Jake,” Camryn smiled. “And I want you to be happy.”

“If you ignore the fact I am in this wheelchair for a minute I can honestly say I am happy Camryn. You don’t have to worry about me.”

“I do worry, and you know I can’t help it!” Camryn smiled.

“Why?”

“We were together during our formative years and while it didn’t exactly work out for us, well, you mean the world to me and I will always treasure your friendship.”

“You mean the same to me too,” Jake said. “I am truly sorry how things ended with us. I know it was sudden or it seemed that way at the time.”

“It was, but as you said it only seemed that way because I think we both can agree that it was coming since at least last summer, but we wanted to hang until the idea of us and, so we tried to keep it going,” Camryn smiled. “We just didn’t want to acknowledge it because you wanted what your parents had.”

“Camryn, I know not everyone is lucky enough to be like my parents to find love in high school, and even they had their struggles and they didn’t even get it completely right until later, around the time I was born, and I was the catalyst.”

“But still they were high school sweethearts,” Camryn smiled. “It has its cache and sentimental quality to it, that notion. Anyways, we didn’t work out and I know it and I hope you can find someone to really love you.”

“Camryn!”

“I know the rumors Jake,” Camryn smiled. “It’s buzzing around school how close you’ve gotten to Grace these last months and your actions these past weeks haven’t tampered down that talk any either.”

“We’re friends,” Jake lamely sighed. “As I said the last time you interrogated me.”

“I think we can both agree that is a superficial covering up of the truth,” Camryn asked. “So, you are still going to let me believe you hurt you leg playing basketball and not in a fight with Tommy Elllis over Grace?”

“I hurt it playing basketball,” Jake said as he tried to keep the story going. “I went for a shot, and came down on it, and it broke.”

“Jake you’re out with an injury and Tommy is in the hospital, unconscious and in a coma. It doesn’t take a mathematician to put two and two together,” Camryn said.

“You can’t let that story get around,” Jake said. “It’s pure coincidence I tell you.”

“You can tell me that all you want but I don’t believe it because I know what happened at that party on New Year’s Eve.”

“I told you I was sorry about that,” Jake said.

“You did,” Camryn nodded. “I believe you, but it still doesn’t stop the fact you were seeing fighting with Jake and while there were no punches on your part he did land one on you and I could see very well that Grace was going off with Tommy and she had been drinking. And once we were back in school she had gone back into her shell even more than she had ever before.”

“That is Grace’s life,” Jake defended. “We shouldn’t be gossiping about it.”

“It is,” Camryn nodded. “But we both know Ellis’s reputation. You were angry that night, more so than I ever seen you and it was not simply because you might be developing feelings for Grace and were dancing away from them because we were still together at the time.”

“Camryn!”

“Look I am not mad,” Camry smiled. “I do know the buzz has turned scorching in the weeks since we broke up, and it’s no secret you have gotten closer to Grace and you did go and disappear from school a few weeks ago.”

“We’re only friends,” Jake weakly muttered. “You can’t let these rumors continue or progress into something even more unwarranted.”

“I just want you to be careful because messing with Tommy only gets you more trouble,” Camryn sighed.

“Look Cam I can honestly say that this injury wasn’t caused by Tommy,” Jake said with genuine in his words as he wasn’t happy that any gossip existed about Grace and Tommy and that night, and then Grace’s disappearance because it only leads more credence to Tommy’s gloating that people weren’t going to look at him as the baby’s daddy, but at Jake.”

“But there was a fight over Grace?” Camryn asked.

“All I can say is no comment,” Jake muttered. “Please I am begging you for Grace’s sake as well as mine but mainly Grace’s please keep any suspicions to yourself. She is dealing with a lot these days. I don’t need her to be the talk of school even more than she already is because she vanished with me.”

“So, I am right?” Camryn asked.

“Yes,” Jake muttered. “We aren’t trying to be anything more than we are right now, but things are complicated on multiple fronts and it’s beyond a bad time right now.”

“Be careful is all I ask,” Cam said as she got up from the table. “Tommy is trouble.”

“I know,” Jake nodded. “Grace has paid for it more times than anyone.”

“You know if it gets around school what they are going to say!” Cam suggested.

“That is why you can’t let them,” Jake said. “You know any suggestion on that front is completely wrong and off base.”

“I have to go,” Camryn sighed as she got up and started walking to the door before turning back. “And I do know Jake, I do know.”

“You don’t seem too convinced,” Jake asked as he didn’t like the notion that he might have cheated on Camryn or had been the father of Grace’s lost baby, even if that would have been a weight off both of their shoulders if it were true, but still, he loved Cam when they were together, and he hated the idea that she thought he had been unfaithful.

“I know when we were together that there was no one else,” Camryn said as she opened the back door and turned around. “That part of our relationship was working exceptionally well but it doesn’t mean your heart was agreeing with your head so if Grace is the one, then I hope you two are very happy” she said before disappearing and leaving Jake again to think.

“There is one way to figure this out once and for all,” Jim was telling Max and Michael as he showed up at Max’s not long as Michael and only moments before Grace headed off to school for her first class. The visit had diverted Max’s intention off his plan in heading over to the Crashdown to talk to Jeff and Nancy and instead they ended up talking about the story of Beth, and whether Liz was alive or if Khivar was involved.

“And that is how?” Max asked.

“You can dig up the body that lies under Liz’s tombstone at the cemetery. I know we needed dental records to identify in the first place and the body was pretty burnt, but still I am sure enough DNA would be present to let us know if it’s her or if they did replace the body when they grabbed Liz.”

“It would disturb my wife’s last resting place,” Max said.

“If she’s alive than it’s not her resting spot and we all should know if the wrong body in it and if it should go to the right place, under the right name if it can be located.

“I know you’re right,” Max said. “I’ll need to discuss this with Jeff and Nancy!”

“You’re still headed over?” Michael asked.

“I have to,” Max said.

“Max, I think you should know that Beth has arrived in Roswell, and is staying over at the motel so telling Jeff and Nancy definitely is the right thing to do and I’ll leave that to you to deal with since you know as many details as I do, and if Michael wants to help”

“She’s here?” Max said softly.

“I can help Maxwell if you want,” Michael said.

“Yes, she is,” Jim said. “She came in last night. I guess a friend of hers aided her ability to come earlier than what was initially planned.”

“That would-be Serena most likely?” Michael muttered.

“Serena?” Max asked Michael.

“She is a good friend of Beth’s and they go back to the hospital fourteen years ago. Both women are doctors, and Serena was an intern at the time and helped out on Beth’s case and they grew close and are to this day. Serena’ husband Keith is a corporate lawyer and his company has a plane, so I am sure he helped out. Serena is very close to the twins.”

“Twins, what are you talking about?” Max asked as he caught onto Michael’s words that he had been listening to with a force. “Isn’t there only one? Alexandra?”

“You don’t know,” Michael asked looking at Jim before turning to his best friend. “I am sorry for being the one to tell you this and shock you, but Beth has twin identical daughters.”

“There is another?” Max asked, astonished as his migraine returned.

“Sorry,” Jim said sheepishly. “We were so focused on Alexandra that the news sort of got missed so yes on Halloween in 2008 Beth gave birth to twin girls, Alexandra and Caroline although she goes by Carrie and both girls are identical.”

Alexandra and Caroline Evans,” Max asked as the full impact of the news began to sink in on him.

“Yes!”
Last edited by Parker1947 on Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Reunion (CC, Mature) Couples: L/M, M/M, I/K - Chapter 54 - Updated - 4/05/2018

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Max is shocked to learn that it was twins. The name Caroline seems to mean something to him. We already know what Alexandra means to him.
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Reunion (CC, Mature) Couples: L/M, M/M, I/K - Chapter 54 - Updated - 4/05/2018

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Wow so Now Max and Grace know the truth. It seems they are taking the news good. Now Max knows Beth and her daughters are there. Good thing Max wants to tell Jeff and Nancy Parker about Beth and her girls. Oh no who said yes to Caroline, Alexandra and Beth????? Are Beth and Daughters there?????

L-J-L 76
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

I'm with Grace wondering who faked the crashes in the past, and just what they were up to?
Yes, Max get over to Jeff and Nancy's right now. They need to be in on all of this, even if there is disappointment along the way.
Twins Max, now you better get busy and investigate yourself.
I was shocked that Jim suggested digging up the body........but in the end that might give some important answers.
Camryn's visit to Jake was interesting, and unexpected.
Will Liz make a move to meet/see Max????
Thanks,
Carolyn
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

I still wonder who is behind this and until now, no clue at all have been given... only the Story being with Alien in the background - at that Moment and it let me think that eventually - others Aliens are behind all that misery for all of them!

But I love it! :mrgreen: :wink: Thanks EVE
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Please please please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? Can't wait for Max and the others to see and meet Liz/ Beth and kids.

L-J-L 76