The Intimacy of Strangers (CC,M/L,Adult)*Complete*4/4/15

This is the place to post all your General Roswell fanfiction. Any Canon fics, which pick up directly from any episode of the show and that focus on Max/Liz, Michael/Maria, Isabel/Alex or Isabel/Jesse, Kyle/Tess, or all the couples together! Rule of Thumb: If Max healed Liz in the Crashdown in September 1999, then your fic belongs here. If it picks up from the show in any way, it belongs here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, jbangelo, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: The Intimacy of Strangers (CC,M/L,Adult)chpt 10 2/15/15

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Carrie please please please please please please please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? I can't wait to read what will happen next for Max and Liz.

L-J-L 76
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: The Intimacy of Strangers (CC,M/L,Adult) *Complete* 4/4/

Post by jake17 »

Eve
Lizza x2
Carolyn
Evans3
saori_1902
Roswelllostcause
dreamon

Thanks so much to those above, and to those that followed this story :)

chapter eleven

“To love or have loved, that is enough. Ask nothing further. There is no other pearl to be found in the dark folds of life.”
Les Miserables
by Victor Hugo

Shivering, Liz sat at kitchen table feeling numb, winter was coming, the cooler air was hitting their private mountain up in Maine sending an icy chill through the cabin.

Lifting her gaze she stared out the window as Michael paced back and forth on his cell phone, he seemed distraught, verging on angry as he waved his hands in the air in an attempt to drive his point home.

She didn’t know who he was talking to, and she didn’t care, nothing seemed to matter as she looked down at their paperwork displaying their new identities.

Name: Chloe O’Malley
Place of Birth: Dublin, Ireland

Liam Hall
Place of birth: Boden, Sweden

And there it was, just like that, two complete strangers, walking through this world apart, when in reality their hearts and souls were tied together forever.

Dusk fell over the tall pine trees that lined the edge of the clearing, causing looming shadowy figures against the walls, it felt like an omen, a peak into her future, of ghosts following her, of having to run, to always look over her back, without Max’s protection, without Max.

But it was more than that, it was the loss of something she always knew she had suffered but only now felt it in her bones.

Max soon would be gone from her life, but unlike disjoined dreams or a foggy state of sadness, she would now miss every memory, from the very beginning to what would now be their inevitable end.

Liz would miss the scent of his skin, the glint of intensity in those beautiful amber eyes that told her without his consent just how much he cared.

She would miss the deep inflections of his voice, the velvet tones that could wrap around her body like silk pulling her close, warming her skin, inviting her in.

She knew without question no one would ever love her with such passion, with a need to devour her from the inside out till there was nothing left.

Liz would also spend, what would be an unpredictable perilous life, always worrying about him, never knowing if those men would find him.

She couldn’t imagine a more dangerous cinaro than Max having no idea who or what he was, and being trapped in the white room or someplace worse.

She had been crying all morning, her eyes were swollen and red, her face streaked with mascara that she left, having no strength or care to wipe it away or fix.

Walking back into the house, Michael sat next to her, he appeared distraught, seriously worried.

“I have connections back in town, people I pay to keep an eye out for you, the Feds are looking for you, they’ve searched your house. A neighbor noticed me taking you that night, they have my plate number, it’s only a matter of time before they track all of us here, we have to leave. We’re running out of time Liz.”

Rubbing his eyes, he looked up at her desperate, “He would die, gladly give up his life for you. Please, convince him not to do this, if you don’t, and he goes through with mindwarping himself and actually survives… they will catch him, and you know what they’ll do to him.”

Suddenly anger replaced her despair as she shoved her chair away from the table and ran towards his bedroom.

Trying the locked door she began to pound on his shaking the edges from the doorframe.

“Let me in Max!!”

Hearing no response she continued to ram the wood with her knuckles numb to the pain as her skin eventually split causing blood to mark the outside of the door.

Feeling her injury through their connection, Max whipped open the door, forcibly pulling her in he shoved her on the bed angrily.

“What the hell are you doing? Christ Liz, hurting yourself isn’t going to change anything, you’re just making it worse.”

His voice was calm, as if he had accepted his fate, made peace with whatever end he would meet.

Shaking with frustration, Liz stared at him as he carefully laid his hand over her bloody knuckles, healing them until they were whole again.

“There, now please go back and keep memorizing your story, you have to know it - “

“Fuck my story! I know who I am. My name is Liz Parker, I’m from Roswell, New Mexico, and one magical, wondrous day a beautiful boy saved my life. He laid his hands over a me and disintegrated a bullet that would have killed me. He risked everything for me, for love.”

A pained expression covered his face as he rasped softly running his fingers through her hair.

“Liz please stop - “

Tears welled in her eyes as she continued on unwilling to just let this go, to let him go.

“No, Max, you have this all wrong. You believe that everyone that died, our friends, family… the agents that you put down… you think that we we’re responsible for it all. That us falling in love caused all this death and pain.”

Standing in the hall listening, Michael leaned his head against the wall quickly losing patience with the both of them.

“But Max, it’s just not true. We had nothing to do with those men, with their fear, and hatred for the unknown, for what they didn’t understand. We were innocent kids, what Agent Pierce did to you… it was evil, horrific, and that was his decision. Those men that came after us at graduation, acted on their own, what you did, you did out of the need to protect us. Our love didn’t cause any of this, it survived in spite of it.”

Grabbing his face, Liz captured his lips in a searing kiss, a kiss that sparked a flash, memories of them together, falling in love, forming a connection, cementing a bond that would last forever, no matter what he did.

Parting breathlessly from him, she leaned her forehead to his, smoothing her hands into his dark hair.

“Don’t you see, if we throw it all away, everything we went through - it’s like they all died for nothing. Do you really think our parents, and everyone we cared about would have wished for this, to spend the rest of our lives apart? We owe it to their memory to be happy, to cherish each day, to be grateful for every second we have together. Because Max, I love you, I loved you then, and I love you now, we can be happy, we can build a life together.”

Caressing her cheek, wiping away her tears he pulled back shocked at her words.

”You love me?”

Pulling him in close, wrapping her arms around his neck she whispered softly in his ear.

“Yes, I love you… I always have, there is no power, in this world or any other that can wipe that from my memory... please stay with me.”

Michael rubbed the back of his neck in frustration, he rolled his eyes hearing them sobbing professing their love for each other.

“Enough of this shit.”

Charging in the bedroom, Michael surprised them both.

“I really can’t take this anymore, and honestly we don’t have time for this crap, you both know you belong together, it’s been that way since we we’re sixteen, actually before that really, and it ain’t ever gonna change.”

Pointing at Max, yelling now, Michael went off. “You need to come down off that cross of yours and stop punishing yourself, enough is enough, you did what you had to do to save her. It’s over, you have what you’ve always wanted, stop trying to push it away because you think you don’t deserve it.”

Turning his angry stare towards Liz, Michael narrowed his eyes. “And you! You need to move on and except him for what he is. He’s a sensitive, emotional mess, he’s always going to be wrestling with some freaking demons, it’s who he is, but I know for a fact that the only thing he wants or has ever wanted was you, so just learn to live it.”

Stunned they both looked up at him lost for words.

Unsure of where Michael was going with all this, Max tried to interrupt, but was immediately cut off.

“No, you two had your turn to make this work, and you blew it, so now I’m handling things. My buddy who’s been watching Liz’s house has informed me that they’re onto us, so we don’t have time to hold hands and sing kumbaya, in this big love fest. Liz come here! ”

Pointing to the ground in front of him, Michael made it clear he wasn’t messing around.

Looking back at Max, she shrugged before hesitantly standing before him.

Waving his hand from the top of her head down the front of her body, all the way to her toes, he stepped back to look at his work.

Turning around quickly, she faced Max, holding her now vibrant auburn curly hair in her hands.

Remembering her passport back in the kitchen she remembered it stating that she was from Ireland.

“Michael what did you do?”

Rushing to the mirror over the dresser Liz stared at her reflection in shock.

Her hair was beautiful, the color of a sunset, dark red, her eyes bright emerald green, her skin was pale peppered with freckles across her cheeks and nose.

She was stunning, in a completely different way.

Michael nodded, waving his hand towards the mirror.

“Liz, meet Chloe O’Malley, no one will be bothering you now, you’ll never have to look over your shoulder again.”

Standing slowly behind her Max placed his hands lovingly on her shoulders.

“Michael, that’s incredible, how did you do this, Isabel was the only one of us - “

Shaking his head in a hurry, Michael pulled Max away from her, positioning him directly in front of him.

“Yeah, well you’re not the only one with secrets around here.”

Doing the same Michael passed his hand over Max emitting a bright white light from his palm.

Michael smiled wide at his work before stepping back, “ Ok Liam, go look in the mirror.”

Stepping next to Liz, Max took a deep breath as he ran his fingers through his blonde short wavy hair, staring into ice blue eyes.

Liz covered her mouth unable to look away at him. “You’re so handsome, but you’re still you, I can feel it, do you feel the same when you look at me?”

Lifting her auburn locks from her rosy cheek, he smiled down at her. “Yes, of course… I see you Liz, I’ll always see you, you’re so beautiful.”

Just then they heard helicopter blades rumbling over the cabin, turning towards Michael they clasped hands together.

“It’s too late, they found us.”

Grabbing their bags, Michael shook his head, “Those are my guys, they’re here to take you over the border in Canada. Not to worry, they know nothing except I’m paying them to transfer two people named Liam, and Chloe safely into Canada, from there you will both take a flight to Florence Italy.”

“Michael, what about you?”

Giving Max a cocky grin over his shoulder Michael shrugged, “You don’t have to worry about me, I’ll be fine, I always am.”

Feeling as if this was happening way too fast, they grabbed their birth certificates, and passports and ran with their bags to a black helicopter that had landed in the clearing next to the cabin.

Pulling them both in tight for a hug, Michael pointed vehemently towards their freedom, and their new life together.

“GO!”

Looking down at the cabin, and Michael as he continued to wave in the distance, Chloe, turned towards Liam biting down on her bottom lip, just like someone he used to know.

“Do you think we’ll ever see him again?

Nervously scratching behind his ear, Liam smiled wide, unable to take his eyes off of her.

“Without a doubt.”

Squeezing her hand, he brought his lips to her ear, breathing in her in as his eyes slid shut.

“I can’t change overnight, it’s going to take time for me to deal with everything that’s happened, to stop living in fear of losing you.”

Holding onto him tight, she knew, for the first time, that they would be ok, that hope was something real, something tangible that she could hold onto.

Whispering softly, she nuzzled close inside his arms, feeling protected and loved.

“There’s nothing to fear, not anymore… we’re going to be alright Max… everything’s going to be fine.”

~ the end ~

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare
saori_1902
Addicted Roswellian

Re: The Intimacy of Strangers (CC,M/L,Adult)*Complete*4/4/15

Post by saori_1902 »

aww, the end!!! Great history.

Thanks so much.
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Carrie love the ending. I love how Max and Liz admit the way they feel for each other. And I love how Michael took charge and changed Max and Liz's look. I'm glad that Max and Liz got away together and are going to be together too. Great story I can't wait to read what other Max and Liz stories you will post next.

L-J-L 76
clueless
Addicted Roswellian

Post by clueless »

Wasn't expecting to see it end so soon! But it was great and I look forward to reading more of your work!!!
dreamon
Addicted Roswellian

Post by dreamon »

Loved the ending! Thank you for sharing!
I have a few dreamer challenges in mind if you are looking for ideas so pm me!
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Carrie you fooled me......I thought for sure they would be going separate ways with no memory of each other.
But then how could I not trust you to find a way to get them together forever?
And Michael.......he's always there to take care of things. Please tell sometime in the future they will soon see him again.
I loved their new identities. I would never recognize Max with blonde hair.......
It makes me nervous that you are finishing up so many stories, I sure hope you have something new rolling around in your head to bring to us.
Thanks for making my day,
Carolyn
sarammlover
Addicted Roswellian

Post by sarammlover »

Go Michael GO!! He was awesome there at the end. I am glad Liz and Max, Chloe and Liam, get another chance to be together for real ad without having to look over their shoulders. Great story Carrie! Thank you so much for sharing!
Evans3
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Evans3 »

I am sad to see this end. But I am glad it worked out well. Michael always surprised me. Thank you for finishing this even though the board is shrinking...it won't stop me from coming back and reread all of your fics no matter what!

Looking forward to see your other fics. See you around!
Evans
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Great end! Can't wait to see what you come up with next Carrie!
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639