The Dangler (AU,M/L,Adult) *complete* 4/16/12

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

The Dangler (AU,M/L,Adult) *complete* 4/16/12

Post by jake17 »

banner by dreamer19, thanks sweetie

Runner up for fic that left you bouncing in your seat for an update! :D

Title: The Dangler
Author: jake17
Couple: M/L
Rating: adult
Disclaimer: I own absolutely nothing Roswell
Summary: Max Evans is the glue that holds his championship college hockey team together, with breakneck speed and eagle eye precision he racks up more goals then everyone on the team put together. With scouts from the Boston Bruins at his doorstep it would seem that all his dreams were about to come true until one tragic accident changes his world forever.
Author’s notes: This story is inspired by the movie “Ice Castles”

dangler:

a hockey player who has very good hands and various skill moves to get around a defender, much of the time making the defender look stupid.

Alex Ovechkin is such a dangler! just dangled that defender by putting the puck through his legs! The defender didnt even move!

Chapter 1

~ It’s absolutely insane folks; I’ve never seen anything like it! From out of seemingly nowhere the dangler, Max Evans is lining up for another impossible shot just below the blue line! Grady, Taylor and Miles scramble to catch him end up in a pile on the ice as the dangler flies by them with effortless precision! With a nod from his right hand man Guerin Evan’s shoots and scores! Holy cow he’s done it again! … ~

“Again with the tapes Max? What the hell are you looking for?”

Tapping his empty water bottle against his temple Max sat up straighter his amber eyes scrutinizing every move as he stops and rewinds the tape over and over.

“Michael there’s always room for improvement.”

Nodding as he floped down next to his best friend of seven years Michael gazed over at the envelope sticking out of Max’s calculus book and takes another swig of beer.

“Is that what I think it is?”

Frustrated and stressed Max threw the remote on the couch and reached for his sneakers.

“Last notice, I have thirty days to come up with four payments or my dad looses the house.”

“Max, you have nothing to worry about, the coach already told you that those scouts coming down Friday night is just a formality, the Bruins have a major hard on for you and you know it. Its in the bag, that contract is yours little man.”

A look of worry covered his boyish face as he reached for his ipod essentially blocking Michael and the rest of the world out as Lincoln Park screamed in his ears.

“Until my name’s on that contract nothing is set in stone Michael, I’m going for a run, lock up when you leave.”

~~~~~~~~~~~

Sweat trickled down his chest as his feet hit the bike path that was covered with what looked like powered sugar.

His arms pumped in rhythm as he set up his next shot in his head.

White snowflakes gathered inside his jet black hair as he concentrated, his eyes focused, his breath puffing out small clouds as he ran faster and faster.

He could almost hear his skates as they sliced the ice spraying shaved bits of frost high up into the air.

The puck hovered across the ice as he gracefully passes it back and forth waiting for his opening.

The other players are but a blur as they move like tethered sloths, slow as molasses they are but a distraction to his main focus.

Light it up!

Coach Valenti’s voice echoed inside his head demanding what has come to be expected of him.

Nothing less then perfect, everyone depending on him, his family, the team…

Don’t blow it Evans

His heart pounded as he sees an opening in his head.

The goalie’s skate is angled slightly to the left, it’s a small hole but if he’s quick, if its perfect he can make it.

Max’s eyes blazed with determination as he rounded the corner of the path just as it opened up to the sidewalk across from the college.

He leaves player after player in the dust as he patiently times his move.

Now …shoot it now!

Raising his stick in the air his eyes flash up catching the goalie’s worried stare as he falls to the ice his pads firmly protecting the line.

He takes a deep breath as he feels the connection of the wood hit the puck.

Confused and dazed Max falls to the ground as papers fly high up in the air over his head.

“OH MY GOD!”

Shaking his head he looked over at the girl he has just collided with and smiles at her obvious embarrassment.

She was different then the girls that flocked to the games, and the players for that matter.

At first glance you would think her to be plain almost mousy but with further observations she revealed a quiet girl next door beauty, even one might say an understated hint of untouched sexuality that hit him harder then the fall.

Still he was used to the attention and although he didn’t have the time he knew a string of apologies and breathless flirty complements were about to come his way.

Being the captain of the college hockey team definitely had its benefits.

Standing he began to pick up her papers as he checked out the pretty girl he would most likely be with tonight.

His tone was husky due to the cold air making it deeper than usual, it was hard to not notice the subtle sensual overtones.

“Listen it’s ok, don’t worry about it. Just as long as your ok.”

Confused and growing irritated by the minute Liz scrambled for her research that was being carried by a gust of chilly wind in circles all around them.

“Exactly how is it ok that you ran into the street and knocked into me!?”

Stunned Max opened his mouth to speak then quickly closed it. It had been a long time since he had run into someone that didn’t know who he was.

“I-I’m so sorry, I wasn’t paying attention, let me help you."

For a moment he was intensely attracted to the petite brunette until her temper flared surprising him once again.

“You were jogging! Not to be rude but its not that difficult, you put one foot in front of the other and try very hard not to bump into things! Or am I asking too much from the proverbial golden boy of the famous hit em' hard terriers!”

His eyes grew wide as he stood there stunned her papers clenched in his hands.

She did know who he was and she could care less, this was definitely a first for him.

Frustrated she ripped the papers from his hands shoving what she could into her book bag.

“I can’t believe this, five minutes from Flanders Hall and you have to ram into me. You jocks are all the same! You think you own this school!’

With his opinion quickly changing he glared back at her.

“What the hell? It was an accident princess! I’m ever so sorry about your precious report!”

Scoffing she straightened out her coat and fixed her long silky hair that flew across her lightly frosted pink lips.

Pointing towards the far building on the right with her red fuzzy mittens Liz made sure her sarcasim and anger lined each word.

“Just so you know, the ice is that way, try not to kill anyone.”

With that she was off down the sidewalk her cell pressed to her flushed cheek.

Running his hand through his hair he sighed thanking god that tonight he was finally going to have some fun.

A night out with the guys was definitely what he needed to forget all the pressures that weighed heavily on his broad shoulders.

"Just a few drinks" he muttered to himself as he checked his watch for the time and bolted back up the bike path.

His perfect score started to play again in his mind,

This was his favorite place in world to be, on the ice where no one and nothing could catch him.

The only place he was free.
Last edited by jake17 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:47 pm, edited 17 times in total.

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: The Dangler (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 2 11/4/11

Post by jake17 »

thanks so much to everyone who left such awesome feedback.
Just in case you haven't heard I live in CT and a tree fell on my house during that freak snow storm, no one was hurt but for days we've been bouncing around from house to house and its been pretty hellish. Our entire town and the towns surrounding us are without power, which means no banks, gas stations, food, etc

for some people its slowly coming back but I live in the woods and with all the damage its not looking good

they are saying it might be a month before we can move back home. I'm on a computer that doesn't have word and that i'm seriously not used to. Please forgive me for the horrible grammer and any mistakes. also if this sucks i really apologize, writing always comforts me so I thought i'd try it since I feel like my life has been turned upside down

thanks again for all your amazing fb

Chapter 2.

"Ok guy's you know the saying - "

Max and his friends raised their beer mugs and finished the bartender's sentence with a slurred blaring yell.

"You don't have to go home but you can't stay here!"

Max drank the last of his ten beers down and lowered his head in his hands soberly.

HIs goal of drowning his sorrows hadn't worked, in fact it just magnified his situation.

Between his father's morgage, the scouts coming in a few days, the entire team depending on him to take them to the championship and the coach's contract that was almost over leaving a win to depend on him keeping his job Max was beyond distraught.

Michael could read his friend better then anyone else, he was more then worried about the mounting pressure and his state of mind.

Trying to think quick he grabbed Kyle by the sleeve and whispered in his ear.

"Hey any chance you could lift your dad's keys tonight?"

Wiggling his eyebrows Kyle reached in his pocket and spun the keys around his finger.

"Way ahead of you, being the son's coach does have its advantages."

Nodding over at a group of girls that we're huddled outside trying to keep warm as they waited for a cab Michael winked at Kyle.

"I know what will cheer him up, you and Alex go charm the girls and I'll get gloomy Gus outside."

After Kyle and Alex disappeared out the front door Michael turned towards Max who was grabbing his coat and keys.

"Don't even think about it." Max mumbled as he stumbled to his feet immediately feeling the effects of the beer.

"We should'nt have even come here. We have practice four hours from now, coach is going to kill us."

Sighing Michael wrapped his arm around Max and leaned his forehead against the glass so he could stare at the hot girls just ouside.

"Max my friend do you see those girls out there? They would practically jump out of their panties if we did a couple laps aound the rink. Seriously dude, you need to get laid. If you don't release some of this tension your freaking pretty little head's gonna explode."

Groaning Max barely glanced outside. "What I need is sleep, and nothing you do will change my mind."

Quickly thinking Michael yanked Max by the collar of his coat and pulled him right out the door.

"Ok look if you don't want the chicks that's cool but what about a little one on one, skate off all that stress. We both know that's the only think that helps you."

It was at that moment that he saw her.

The fuzzy red mittens waving all around arguing with a short haired blonde with thigh high boots and a tiny skirt that Michael was mesmerizing.

"Maria I shouldn't have even come tonight, because of that idiot I lost my flashdrive, all my work is gone. I know you though this would help me forget for while but honestly its only made it worse. I'm going home."

Before he knew it kyle's SUV was parked along side the sidewalk and it was just him and the bitchy girl standing outside the open door.

Holding the door open for her he made a motion as if to get it the car.

"Sorry, I've got more important things to do besides fawn over some moronic dumb jocks who think the world revolves around them."

Sighing Max smiled as she crossed her arms in front of her and wrinkled her nose in disgust.

God she was cute, he thought to himself as he bit back a sarcastic snicker.

"You don't remember me do you?"

Scrutinizing him up and down she shook her head until suddenly her eyes grew wide.

"Your the guy who ran into to me today and essentially destroyed all of my research and likely my entire grade for the semester."

Max couldn't believe the attitude on this girl, he had never met anyone that talked to him this way.

"Look I already apologized which honestly it was just an accident its not like I meant to ruin your project or whatever it was."

Liz's big chocolate wide eyes that he was quickly falling for grew hard burning a hole right through his skull.

"That project as you call it was only my life's work, but I guess you would know anything about that since your biggest goal in life is chasing a little black puck around in circles."

Her firey temper was driving him crazy, he wondered if he had ever been that attracted to anyone in his life.

"Look you don't have to come with us but you can't walk . It's not safe here, at least let us drive you home."

Giving him a snarky smile she hailed a cab.

"I'm not sure there's room in there with that ego of yours but thanks for the offer."

As Max got in the car Michael watched the taxi drive away.

"What a bitch!"

Max nodded but inside he was a little more than curious about the beautiful brunette with the sharp tongue and wild temper.

Driving to the rink he suddenly felt invigorated.

He wanted so much to be on the ice where there were no rules and he could fly.

As soon as his skates hit the ice he knew he was home.

The guys were busy with the girls reliving tall tales of games that won at the last second trying their best to impress them.

"Kyle get the lights!"

The boys were a little more than distracted as they hit only the first four of the ten light switches leaving the back of the rink in the dark.

With Metalica blaring it was impossible to hear Max as he yell pointing to the end of the rink.

"Guy's hit the rest of the lights!"

Shrugging his shoulders he stepped out on the ice figuring it really didn't matter since he had the rink practically memorized.

The sounds of the guys and the music soon began to fade away as he began to pick up speed.

The wind whipped through his hair as his blades crossed over each other going faster and faster.

Finally he felt the pressures of his life begin to disappear, finally he was free.

Lost in a world of peace he was oblvious to the sound of Michael screaming far in the distance.

It was only when he was about to skate into the darkened part of the rink that he heard the urgent warnings of his friend.

"Max look out!!"

But by that time it was too late.

~~~~~~~~~~~

With his head hung low Mr. Evans listened to the doctor describe to him the grave news.

"Mr. Evans your son hit his shoulder hard, its definitely broken but what we're really worried about his his head. The MRI shows significant swelling in his brain, now we've down a procedure to try and relieve that swelling but we can only do so much. Right now we just have to wait and see. We really have no idea how much damage has been done right now."

Michael hung his head as he hid behind the door of an empty room across the hall from Max's room.

The guilt was almost overwhelming and since only family was allowed to see him he had no choice but to sneak in.

"Mr. Evans it could be days before he wakes up, why don't you go home and get some rest. We'll call you if there is any change."

Michael waited till everyone was gone before he made his way into Max's room.

With tear filled eyes and shaky hands his lifelong friend stood and stared at a barely reconizable Max.

The scene before him was beyond upsetting.

Max was surrounded by machines making strange beeping noises, he had tubes coming from everywhere but it was his head that was most disturbing.

His entire head was covered with bandages, one spot was soaked through with blood and what looked like some kind of drainage tube.

Michael nervously reached for a chair and pulled it close to his bed.

He didn't know what to do or say, he just felt like he had to be near him.

To see him like that soon became more than he could take as tears began to spill over his cheeks.

Just then he noticed Max's eyelashes begin to flutter.

"Max?"

Michael dove for the nurse's alarm button but before he could reach it Max grabbed his hand.

His voice was scratchy and weak barely a whisper but it was music to Michael's ears.

"Wait, please don't get anyone."

Frightened Michael stood not knowing if he should run for the doctor.

"Max, they think your in a coma, we have to tell them your awake!"

Staring straight ahead Max hesitated almost needing to gather his thoughts.

It was almost like if he said it out loud then it would really be true.

"Michael something's wrong, something happened when my head hit the ice."

Nervous laughter escaped from MIchael as he sat back down.

"I can't believe we forgot about the Zamboni, Max I'm so sorry, I don't know what to say. I saw you laying on the ice with all the blood around your head. God Max,I thought I lost you."

Again Max cleared his dry throat and took a deep breath as he continued to stare at the wall in front of him.

"Michael... I-I can't see..."

Confused he pushed his chair closer. "What do you mean? The doctor didn't say anything about - "

"They don't know, no one does..."

His voice trembled as he twisted his sheets tight in his hands.

"Michael...I'm blind."

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: The Dangler (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 3 11/17/11

Post by jake17 »

Two things i just want to say, first thank you so much for all of your well wishes after our crazy storm, we are back in our house, it took some towns two weeks before they got their power back. Second I read that some of you haven't seen the movie IceCastles, ok first you have to see the original, they remade the movie recently and it was unwatchable. It's just one of those movie's you do not touch. Honestly it is one of the most romantic movie's I have ever seen, talk about a tearjerker ending, I cry my eyes out everytime I see it.. Happy tears by the way. I highly recommend it.

Lizzy_Koh: I'm happy you like a feisty Liz, I love writing her that way. Max's head is going to be spinning most of the time I promise you, thanks so much! :)
Eve: I hear you about the weather, we had two feet of snow two weeks ago and it reached seventy this afternoon :shock: what the hell is going on? Oh and he is definitely permently blind. thanks so much for your fb! :)
Sarah: Loved your fb, thanks so much! They are definitely going to clash for awhile. :wink:
SecretK: There will definitely be some candy romance in this fic, thanks so much for your sweet fb! :)
angelina: Hey sweetie! You can go blind if you hit your head very hard. thanks so much for your support and fb! :)
Ginger: without revealing too much Max getting back out on the ice is what helps him move forward and eventually on, same concept as the movie but different due to realistic issues. thanks so much for your concern and fb! :)
Kismet: Hi! So happy you like this, Max and Liz are absolutely going to hate eachother for a bit, she really isn't going to give him an inch, and he is full of anger, all this means is there will be crazy sparkes between them.
Carolyn: Once again thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you support, i have to say I loved when you talked about the chaos that now defines my life, I really couldn't have said it better myself :wink: So happy you like this :)

Chapter 3.

“Michael you’re not actually going to go along with this are you?”

Slumped against the icy station wagon Max’s father gripped his vodka bottle inside his blue flannel jacket for dear life.

Pretending not to notice Michael looked up at Max who was visible on the couch in his second story apartment.

“Mr. Evans I don’t see that we have much of a choice right now, he’s devastated, telling everyone that he’s …blind…. we’ll I think we have to give him time to accept it himself first. “

Nodding somberly Phillip tipped the small bottle back letting the clear alcohol slide down his throat evoking a satisfying sigh.

“I get that but how do you intend to hide this? Everyone’s asking questions, that coach calls at least five times a day, and the press –“

Phillip clutched his chest as he fell into a deep cringing cough. Refocusing his view out the windshield he stared out until his eyes felt heavy wishing to himself that this was all just a nightmare.

“Michael this is never going to work, you do realize that if his grades drop he’ll lose his scholarship, what are you going to do about that?”

Forcing a smile Michael kicked a loose patch of stone into some dirty snow proud of how well he was able to blackmail the old Professor.

What people will do to avoid alimony and a scandal, it was almost too easy.

“Yeah I know, don’t worry, I’ve got it covered …at least for now.”

Without another word the despondent father drove off into the on coming storm his gut churning for his son.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Standing outside the front door Michael raised his hand to knock trying hard to remember the speech he rehearsed countless times earlier.

He shifted his weight from one foot to the other with nervous anticipation knowing full well how Max was going to handle what he had to say.

“I can hear you Michael! You come up those stairs like a goddamn elephant! Just get your ass in here and give me the beer you promised then you can go.”

Taking a deep breath he tried to be positive as he stumbled through the dimly lit messy apartment.

A bitter laugh escaped Max as he threw an empty pizza box across the room towards the sound of his footsteps.

“Sorry no need for lights anymore. Can’t see wasting money on a high electricity bill.”

Sitting next to him Michael placed a cold beer in his hand while taking half the bottle down in one swig.

“Max… we need to have a serious talk.”

Slouching back into the couch Max raised his beer high in the air and smile widely.

“Oh I love these heart to hearts. Tell me, is it going to be like the one my dad just gave me about how its not my fault he lost the house, or is it going to be inspirational like the one the doc gave me about how I could be in a coma or worse, that I should consider myself lucky.”

Max brought his hockey stick that he had been holding onto up in the air recreating one of his signature moves against an imaginary puck.

“Personally I like that Jesus freak nurse telling me some shit of how God closes one door then opens another, you know all that bullshit about how he works in mysterious ways, because really I find all this pretty fucking mystifying.”

Grabbing onto the swinging stick Michael persevered with his speech.

“Ok look I get it, you don’t want to talk, but I have to get this out so your going to just sit there and listen.” Struggling to keep his composure Michael took a deep breath. “ It’s been six weeks, six weeks since you …you – “

“Became a young white Ray Charles?”

“Max – “

“Or an incredibly tone deaf Stevie Wonder?”

Frustrated and riddled with guilt Michael stood throwing the rest of the six-pack on the couch.

“Jesus Christ Max I know this is a fucking nightmare but if you don’t make up the work that you’ve missed they're are going to throw you out of school. You can’t just sit in this apartment and rot; you need to go talk to someone…someone that can help you deal with this. You need – “

Slamming his stick hard against the coffee table in front of him Max calmly whispered.

“Just go.”

After six weeks of walking on eggshells Michael had had enough and punched the wall in front of him leaving a fist sized hole in the plaster.

“Fine but you should know that someone’s coming to the house tomorrow to help you, it’s some egg head from the science department, her professor owes me a favor.“

Standing quick Max reached out in front of him out into the darkness.

“You did what?” Are you fucking crazy? I told you no one could know!”

Blasting back even louder Michael spoke through gritted teeth.

“Look you have to trust me, this guy will do anything I ask and as far as the girl is concerned she’ll do anything he says, no questions asked.”

“No! This will never work, cancel her, call and cancel it Michael, I don’t give a shit about school!”

Walking close Michael wrapped his big hand around the back of Max’s neck to steady him.

Calming his voice his tone was once again full of kindness and understanding.

“Max I know this is hell but tell me this, is it worth throwing your entire life away? Do you really want to end up like your dad? I’m sorry, but you have to start somewhere, I’m not canceling her, she doesn’t know about your sight, she’s just going to come and help with the housework and do your assignments, just to get you through this semester.”

Michael’s sympathetic speech was met with hostile silence; still deep inside he knew he was doing the right thing.

“Anyway she’ll be here tomorrow at eight, you can do what you want then.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arms crossed defiantly in front of her chest as Liz stood outside her professor’s door with Maria.

“Liz, this really isn’t like you, in fact it’s more like …well me, you don’t even know what this so called deal is."

Chewing on her lip anxiously Liz attempted to see inside the shade drawn window.

“I don’t know, all I know is that two years of research was lost on that flash drive when that dumb ass jock slammed into me. I must’ve gone back five times to look for it on that damn corner. I can’t believe my computer crashed that very day. I wonder if that idiot has any idea what he has cost me.”

Maria raised her eyebrows from her cell phone surprised that her friend didn’t know.

“Liz, didn’t you hear? Of course not, what was I thinking the only time you bring your head out of those books is to get your required eight hours of sleep.”

Confused Liz put her ear to the window hoping to hear some movement towards the door.

“Maria do I have to remind you what happens to your brain when you do not receive sufficient amount of sleep?”

Rolling her eyes Maria hit send confirming her date with Michael.

“Please don’t. Anyway I was referring to the alleged idiot you were just talking about. He was in some kind of accident, it looks like he’ll be out for the season.”

Liz furrowed her eyebrows as his image flashed in her head. “What?”

Suddenly the door swung open startling the two girls.

“Ms. Parker I’m ready for you.”

Maria glanced up at the aging bald man and waved goodbye to Liz. “ Call me later.”

Once inside Liz sat quietly in her chair as Mr. Reynolds slowly paced back and forth his mind obviously on something more important.

Agitated he gave her a piece of paper with an address and cell phone number.

“Liz I’m going to make this very easy, I am in need of a favor and you my dear are in need of a passing grade from my class. Do this favor and I will give you sufficient time to resurrect that precious research of yours – “

She knew in her heart that short of deviant sexual requests Liz would do anything not to have to repeat her senior year therefore throwing off her plans and turning her life upside down.

“Do you need me to teach a freshmen class or grade papers? Because really Professor I can handle anything you got. Just please give me this chance.”

Running his hand over his sweaty forehead with his handkerchief the microbiology teacher shook his head.

“No its nothing of the sort.”

Pacing to the window he glumly gazed out onto the snowy streets below contemplating his affair with Brandy, a young student and an avid hockey fan. He knew that he would stop short of nothing to maintain the secrecy of this affair especially to his wife.

Damn if that little punk didn’t see them together …

“Professor Reynolds is everything alright?”

Coughing nervously he nodded keeping his eyes locked to the street below.

“Liz I need you to go the address on that paper tomorrow night at eight. There you will find a student that needs your assistance. I’m assuming that you can decide on a schedule after that but the agreement is twice a week.”

Staring down at the paper Liz was relieved, this was far less of a sacrifice then she thought it would be. A couple of nights of tutoring to get her life back was a small price to pay.

“Ok I’m assuming you want be to help this person with their studies?”

Pressing his forehead against the pan of glass he felt his patience waning.

“You will be required to do more than help, as I understand it he’s recovering from an accident and needs to focus on his therapy. You are to do whatever school work is required of him plus any housework or assistance he needs.”

Infuriated Liz stood waving the paper in the air.

“Let me get this straight, you want me to do all his work plus be his personal maid? You can’t be serious, I didn’t bust my ass for three years to – “

Reaching for his briefcase the professor went straight for the door knowing full well she would take the deal.

“Do want he wants Liz, anything he wants …its this or I’ll be seeing your pretty face back here next year. Take it or leave it.”

Seeing the seriousness of the situation Liz shoved the paper in her bag and ran after him.

“Fine whatever, but I’m going to need time to collect my research properly, I need that work to complete my paper, you have no idea – “

Waving her away he nodded before disappearing down the stairs. “You’ll get all the time you need just do what your told Ms. Parker, remember whatever he needs.”

Running out into the cold night Liz gazed up at the ice that formed like a second skin to the bare trees lining the path in front of her.

‘Great I’m going to be doing high school calculus and washing dishes …fantastic.

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: The Dangler (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 4 11/27/11

Post by jake17 »

thanks so much for all your amazing fb,
I'm in a crazy rush please forgive any grammer mistakes, thanks again for reading :)

Chapter 4

Max sat the entire day in the dark listening to the plows crash into the heavy snow pushing it onto the side of the road.

Every once in a while he would hear the edge of the metal catch the asphalt scraping the gravel sometimes causing sparks to fly into the air.

This wasn’t something he could see of course but he was able to put the sound to the memory of the action he had witnessed a thousand times before.

It was something he had mindlessly watched since he was a child, something of little importance but a memory just the same.

Something that held no meaning to his life affecting it either way still… now… he would’ve given anything to see those flickering colors of light.

Closing his eyes he rested his head against the back of the couch and pictured the orange and yellow flashes of color ricochet off the black tar like fireworks.

He wondered if that’s what his life had become, a string of worthless memories that he was forced to link together with scenes of a life he now was forced to live.

It was then that the hard knock on the door jarred him out of his thoughts sending his heart hammering inside his chest.

Since his accident a dreadful sense of anxiety had settled within him.

A feeling of helplessness that he would never admit to followed him around as close as his shadow leaving him with no peace no sense of solace.

A frightful vulnerability had crept inside a once fearless confident strong body giving him a sense that it was here to stay.

Twisting his hockey stick nervously inside his sweaty palms he jumped once more when a series of knocks return for the second time more insistently than the last time.

Clearing his throat he made his voice sound as low and fierce as he could hoping to appear intimidating.

“Who is it?!”

He listened intently to the muffled voice from outside the door. “Yes, Umm…I’m supposed to tutor someone at this address. My name is Elizabeth Parker.”

Resting his forehead against the top of his stick he contemplated just ignoring her but Michael’s voice kept echoing inside his head.

Max wasn’t stupid, getting an academic scholarship was proof of that but to even think of a future beyond hockey or even a sighted life left him in such a deep dark hole it was hard to even care.

On the third string of knocks that sounded rough but soft at the same time Max rose from the couch and walked to the door using his stick as a devise to maneuver around with so he didn’t run into anything.

Whipping open the door he felt an icy breeze hit his face along with the prickly feeling of sleet that stung his cheeks causing him to back up against the wall.

A moment of uncomfortable silence followed as he stood there trying his best to act as if he was able to see.

Liz stiffened as anger rose from her toes to the tip of her bright red hat that covered her ears with cute little balls that hung down below her chin.

Turning to walk back to the safety of his couch Max lowered his head pretending he could see wishing that the earth would just swallow him alive or dead for that matter.

Gripping her books with her red mittens Liz was beyond shocked and infuriated that it was him on the other side of that door.

What made matters worse is that he didn’t even seem to recognize her, not that he bothered to introduce himself.

Shaking her head as she made her way through the apartment a sinking feeling began to grow inside her.

How the hell was she supposed to work with him much less clean up after him!

For a moment she actually weighted the pro’s and con’s of having to save and repeat the year over.

Raising her arms out in front of her in the dark she stumbled past old pizza boxes and empty beer cans until she was standing right in front of him.

“Excuse me but do you mind if I turn a light or two on?”

A disheveled Max grabbed his pillow and placed it at one end of the couch and laid down closing his eyes in the process letting her know that he really didn’t care what she did.

“Be my guest, I took a bunch of pain killers for my shoulder, I’m just going to take a nap. There’s dishes in the sink and the vacuum's in the closet by the front door, don’t worry you wont bother me.“

The stress of trying to hide the fact that he was blind was too much for him to handle tonight besides he thought that maybe she would be pissed off enough that maybe she would just leave him alone.”

Taking a deep breath to calm herself Liz was dying to txt Maria telling her of her insane circumstances.

Slamming her books down on the kitchen table Liz glared at him as he snuggled into the couch.

Three years of college and I’ve become a glorified maid for a egotistical dumb jock.

Staring down at the odor that was coming from what she assumed was the sink because of the overflow of dirty dishes she preceded to dowse the mound with dishwashing liquid as steam almost literally spewed from her ears.

After she was finished with the dishes she walked around collecting his dirty laundry that was thrown haphazardly around the floor.

After discovering his hamper under a pile of books and clothes she placed it strategically beside the couch to get her point across.

Still he didn’t move a muscle or make a sound as she aggressively and loudly cleaned around him.

After putting the vacuum back in the closet she stood over him with a grocery bag full of empty beer cans.

“Ahem.”

Tired and beyond aggravated she cleared her throat again hoping she was waking him out of good dream.

Leaning down towards the back of his head she placed her lips near his ear.

“Excuse me but I’ve done just about as much as I can do here without my cleaning supplies and I assume by your snoring that your not up to be being tutored tonight, so if you’ll be so kind as to tell me where your recycling goes I’ll be leaving."

A scowl crossed his face as he disappeared further into the couch cushions until something unexpected snapped in his brain.

He wasn’t sure if it was the closeness of her voice against his ear or the insanely exquisite sultry mixture of lavender and vanilla that triggered his memory but all of sudden it was quite clear to him who exactly was kneeling next to him.

For some reason it was the red mittens that popped into his head first, after that it was a flurry of images from her silky chocolate long hair swinging in the wind to the fire in her wild beautiful eyes that screamed of an untouched well of passion that was dying to escape.

One thing was for sure this was never going to work, she couldn’t see him like this, not her, anyone but her.

She immediately noticed the difference in his demeanor as he sat up from the couch and stared at the ground.

“Just leave them by the door, I’ll take care of it.”

It was apparent to her that maybe finally he had recognized her.

Slowly she stood analyzing his every move confused by the entire night.

He was growing more uncomfortable by the minute feeling her eyes staring down at him, it was almost more than he could bear.

“Listen this was a mistake, I’m sorry for the misunderstanding but I wont be needing any help. I’ll make sure you get compensated for tonight. Now if you don’t mind showing yourself out, I’m not feeling very well I’m going to bed.”

Liz stood in shock as she watched him trip over the hamper then in a panic reach for the wall in front of him using it as a guide to get to his bedroom.

She couldn’t believe he was drunk on top of everything.

Brushing her hair from her eyes she sighed realizing that it was her attitude that had once again gotten her into trouble.

The hard reality of the situation was that she needed this, there was just no way around it.

Taking a deep breath she knocked on his bedroom door trying her best to soften her voice.

“I realize that I may have been rude and I apologize for that, I’ll be back on Thursday night same time and we’ll take it from there. I promise things will go smoother. If you don’t want my services after that then you’ll never see me again….deal?”

Resting her head against the door she heard nothing but silence in return.

The only problem was Liz was not the kind of girl that took no for an answer.

Nodding confidently she grabbed her stuff and headed for the door with her mind made up that whether he approved or not she would be returning on Thursday.
Last edited by jake17 on Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: The Dangler (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 5 12/6/11

Post by jake17 »

Ginger
Natalie
Angelina
Carolyn
Eve
angiebrenna
Sarah
Jan
MP

Thank you so much for your awesome fb! :)

Chapter 5

Two days had passed like a snap of a finger leaving Max in whirlwind of indecision.

On one hand just the thought of Liz Parker, that beautiful arrogant girl on the street, seeing him so helpless and distraught made him sick, on the other hand it had been the first time since the accident that he had felt even close to being alive.

Doubting himself and just what he was now effected every part of his life.

No longer the super star athlete he was left scrambling for an identity.

Lost and confused Max was emotionally paralyzed on the couch reliving his glory days and dreaming of a future he would no longer have.

That was until two days ago.

“How does it look?”

Raising his eyebrows with a wicked grin Michael stepped back hitting the comb on his hand.

Clearly his plan was working.

“Max what’s this all about? You told me she was a snobby little princess, why would you care what she thinks of you?”

Sighing Max pushed by him feeling the walls to head for the fridge to grab a beer hoping it would settle his nerves.

“I don’t, I just can’t believe it was her. I just don’t want her seeing me like this. She’s so self-righteous; I don’t want her pity Michael, not her, she can never know …never.”

Sliding into the couch he felt the growth of stubble on his face.

Holding up his hands Michael darted for the front door. “Max I love ya but there’s no way I’m shaving you, that clearly exceeds the best friend boundary, but if your interested I know my new girlfriend would be happy too – “

“Forget it!”

Stepping out side into the frigged air Michael smiled wide as he watched Liz approaching down the block.

“Well your cute little helper is coming up the street maybe she can do it for you.”

Before Max could answer he heard the door slam.

Now more then ever he was sure this was a mistake.

Patting down the top of his hair he drank the rest of his beer down trying hard to think of a way to get out of this.

It was then he felt the cold breeze of the winter air blow through the apartment again.

“Hello?”

A strange nervousness he had never experienced before rushed through his body like cold water further confusing him.

“Hi …umm its Liz right?”

A much warmer tone flowed from her this time as she made her way cautiously to the couch.

“Yes Liz Parker, and your Max …Max Evans?”

Max rubbed his eyes wondering how the hell she knew his last name.

“I hope you don’t mind your friend told that the door was open.”

Of course he did… Max huffed in his mind wondering just why his friend was busting his balls so hard.

“Well it’s about time we had a proper introduction, its nice to meet you Max.”

Liz slipped her red mitten off and held out her hand hoping this would mend the damage she had done on her last visit.

Muttering he stared down at the floor worried that he wouldn’t meet her eyes if he looked up towards her, this was definitely not going to work.

“It’s nice to meet you too but I’m afraid – “

Bringing down her hand it was obvious to her that her job and her much needed grade was in jeopardy.

“Listen Max I know we got off on the wrong foot initially but I was hoping that we could move past that and start fresh.”

Max smiled slightly as the smell of mango and lavender wafted passed him.

It seemed the doctor was right he thought as he felt her sit next to him on the couch.

His other senses were definitely getting stronger.

Clearing his throat he tried to calm his nerves as he spoke.

“Listen I really am sorry about that day, I should’ve been paying more attention. I’m just glad I didn’t hurt you when we collided.”

Liz’s eyes widened as she flicked her hair back over her shoulder sending another strong sent of her shampoo drifting over him.

“So you do remember me.”

Backpedaling Max fiddled with the tape on the top of his hockey stick to avoid looking in her direction.

“Yeah well not at first …it was dark in here and I was a little out of it. I apologize for that.”

Intrigued Liz moved closer taking notice that unlike the other day he was freshly showered and dressed in clean clothes resembling more the boy she met that snowy day …well almost.

“So when exactly was it that you recognized me?

Closing his eyes he began to get frustrated knowing that there would be no way of pulling this game off with her.

She was far too bright and clever, and a few other adjectives that drove him crazy.

“To tell you the truth it was that tone you took with me Tuesday night.”

Wincing Liz pulled her hat and coat off and folded them neatly on the chair by the door as she looked around the apartment.

“Tone?”

Max looked back towards the door trying hard to follow the sound of her voice.

“Well yeah, let’s face it you were seriously pissed off at me, much like that day you ran into me.”

Picking up some dirty laundry off the floor Liz leaned her hands on the couch right in back of him causing him to jump.

“You mean the day you ran into me.”

Max couldn’t help but be turned on by her stubbornness. No woman had ever been so damn challenging or pig headed with him.

“Yes you are right …I definitely ran into you. Speaking of that I’m getting this feeling that I still haven’t been forgiven for that unfortunate accident.”

This time she was in front of him picking up his empty beer bottle off the coffee table.

His heart hammered inside his chest as he felt her hair brush lightly against his arm.

Leaning towards him she looked into his eyes trying to get her point across.

His pulse raced as he tried to work out whether it was cherry or strawberry gloss that was covering those lips that he suddenly remembered so well.

“To be forgiven one first needs to apologize Max.”

Liz hesitated before stepping away wondering why he was staring at her mouth and not her eyes.

“S-Sorry.” Was all he was able to muster as he breathed in the sweetness of her spearmint toothpaste.

With that she was gone again leaving him more then a little dazed.

From the kitchen he heard her again as the sound of dishes clang against the sink.

“Well why don’t we just call it even considering I was less then patient with you the last time I was here.”

Peaking back over his shoulder quickly he nodded then spoke worried that she hadn’t seen him.

“Yeah that’s fine with me.”

She seemed to move around with an ease of a dancer productively cleaning from one end of the apartment to the other going counter clockwise.

He had no doubt in his head that she would be efficient with her time. She seemed like the kind of girl that had every minute accounted for in some date book or blackberry.

Unable to follow her he laid on his side and pretended to watch TV on the couch.

Then suddenly it was there again sweet fresh mangos, lavender …and her.

“Listen I know that I am here to help but Max we both know I’m not going to be your servant. I’m putting the hamper in the bathroom so you can’t miss it. This will be the last time I pick up your clothes off the floor. Do we understand each other?”

Feeling her close he knew she was watching and waiting for an answer so a nod would suffice.

“Good…ok well I found your assignments, I’ll get as much done as I can this weekend and bring them back on Tuesday. Is there anything else I can do before I go?”

Worried that Michael wouldn’t be back in time to help him Max reluctantly nodded.

“I have two prescriptions on the kitchen table that need to be filled if you have the time.”

Glancing down at the time on her cell Liz rushed to the table.

“No problem but I have to hurry, I have a ton of work to do.”

Searching over some newspapers and magazines she had neatly stacked she knew she hadn’t remembered seeing any prescriptions.

“Max could they be somewhere else? “

It suddenly struck him that Michael had driven him back and forth to the doctor.

Standing awkwardly he scratched behind his ear realizing that Michael could’ve moved them anywhere.

“You know what? Its not that big a deal, I’ll just have a friend do it tomorrow.”

Sighing Liz shook her head while she began searching every flat surface of the apartment.

“No worries I’ll just get it over with tonight, I’m not going to be responsible if something happens to you.”

Hearing noises everywhere Max became completely panicked. She was moving too fast and he couldn’t exactly tell where she was.

“Seriously Liz its fine, I don’t need them tonight.”

He raised his voice in an alarming manner causing her to stop and study him.

She noticed that he was slouched down on one side clearly favoring his shoulder so she assumed that was one of the places he was hurt but something was off.

Something about the way he carried himself. It was as if he was afraid he would fall off the edge of the Earth or something, plus the fact that he refused to make eye contact with her just didn't make sense to her.

She didn't know if it was because of the accident or if it had something to do with her personally.

Either way it was getting frustrating.

“Max I know I’m not supposed to know the details of your injuries but don’t you think it would be logical if I did? I mean I’m supposed to be helping you and I haven’t the faintest idea what’s wrong with you.”

Max could feel his neck and face flush burning red all the way up to his ears.

He immediately began to search for his hockey stick then realized how that must’ve looked like to her.

At his point he had no clue where she was in the room, it was all too much for him.

He slowly whispered in a low dark voice that gave away just how upset he was.

“I’m sorry but you need to go now.”

Hearing a soft sigh in the corner of the room he looked up towards her.

“I said now!”

Remaining very quiet she stared at him for what seemed like forever trying hard to figure out what the hell was wrong with him before taking two steps to the left to grab her coat off the chair.

That’s when she noticed it, that’s when she was almost nearly sure.

Although she had only moved a mere two feet his eyes had not moved at all.

It was only when he heard the rustle of her coat as she put it on that he moved his stare to her.

“I’m sorry Max, I shouldn’t have pushed. I’ll come back with your work on Tuesday, have a nice weekend.”

Max immediately turned and leaned against the couch breathing out hard as the door closed softly.

“Fuck!”

Holding his head in his hands he knew that he almost gave himself away.

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

The Dangler (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 6 1/7/11

Post by jake17 »

Ellie
Natalie
clueless
Jan
secretk
angelina
angiebrenna
ginger
dreambeliever
dreamon x2
sarah
kismet

thank you for all that amazing and very thoughtful fb, I happened to wake up at four am last night, I turned on the tv and IceCastles was on, I couldn't believe it, this movie was made in 1978, its never on tv. So happy I got to watch it again. I think its safe to say I was inspired to write today. I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday's. Thanks so much for being here.
:)

Chapter 6

“It’s about time you got off your ass and joined the human race again.”

Max’s hand tightened against Michael’s shoulder as they continued to walk along the path to the pond hidden deep in the woods that they grew up on.

Seeing a look of indifference across his best friend’s face Michael continued to ramble on more out of nervousness then anything else.

It had been the first time he had been able to get Max out of the apartment for anything besides his doctor visits.

“You wouldn’t believe the snow this year the plows are running out places to put it. “

Max shivered uncomfortably inside as the icy air hit his face.

Each footstep brought him to a level of anxiety that was quickly becoming more uncomfortable by the minute.

The loss of control and independence was something that was unbearable to him.

Even in the woods the sounds were blaring pulling him in every frightening direction.

A large branch that had finally given away to the grip of heavy snow falling to the ground to the right…a hawk screeching above them at the sight of a mouse below…the unexpected slam of Michael’s hockey stick to the ground.

It all rubbed his nerves raw as they walked awkwardly towards the frozen water.

All the things that went virtually unnoticed before were now a relentless stream of unknown possible dangers that left him feeling very small and vulnerable.

Deep inside he longed for the safety of his apartment and the familiar.

“Ok we’re finally here I’m going to lead you to the bench on the far corner of the pond and have a run if that’s ok.”

Feeling for the wooden slates Max nodded anxiously as he listened to the sound of blades slicing through the ice.

A sharp pain struck him suddenly as he closed his eyes and listen to Michael flying across the frozen water.

He knew deep inside that he would never feel that freedom that sense of peace again.

Lowering his head he felt for the initials that he carved years ago when he was just a boy.

ME + CD

His fingers traced the letters slowly remembering the day he etched their names in the aged bench that his father built.

In his minds eye he could see his younger self nervously sitting next to his first crush.

“Max I’m scared, I’ve never been ice skating before, what if I fall?”

“I won’t let you fall.”

Holding his breath he could see the two of them floating across the pond.

From the age of five he had practically lived on that slice of ice.

He had every inch memorized, from the v-shape carving made by a fallen tree near the path to his house, to the three bumps across the far side from a large boulder underneath the water, it was all burned in his memory.

His mind wistfully went back to the times when they would run out of the house at the crack of dawn to play hockey till their mother’s called them in at dusk.

He was always the fastest not even Michael could catch him.

Raising his head towards the icy breeze he squeezed his eyes shut remembering how it felt to fly without fear or limits.

He felt like nothing or no one could catch him, like the wind untouchable and free.

He knew every curve, every bend without ever needing to look down.

Running his fingers gently over her initials again he smiled briefly remembering that special day so long ago.

Skating backwards with Cassandra feeling her trust in his hands looking up to him like he was some kind of a superhero, he felt invincible.

He was barely aware of the blades touching the ice as his feet moved effortlessly across the pond.

Digging his fingers into the wood he could still taste her bubble gum lip gloss as he pulled her in for his first kiss.

Gliding with the world at his feet and the future as bright as the sun Max felt untouchable, fearless…

Now all of that was lost.

Sweat broke out across his forehead as a feeling of dread filled his chest.

Suddenly his heart began to race as the sounds around him once again taunted him mercilessly.

It was as if the world was closing in on him, he needed desperately to be back in the safety of his apartment.

“Michael I gotta get out of here.”

It was then that he realized that he no longer could hear Michael’s blades etching into the ice.

He raised his voice nervously trying not to panic.

“Michael?”

Hearing no response Max’s worst nightmare was coming true, he was alone, blind and helpless.

Intense fear rushed through him as he raised his arms out in front of him and stood taking a few unsteady steps forward.

“Michael!”

From a distance he could make out a muffled conversation but he had no idea how far away they were or even who was talking.

It was only a matter of time before he became disoriented as to where exactly he was.

His hands shook as he continued to feel for the safety of the bench that he had wandered away from.

It was that moment when his boot caught the edge of the ice and he fell down hard on his bad shoulder.

A guttural scream finally caught the attention of Michael who had been catching up with an old friend at the opposite side of the pond.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Slumped down at the end of the couch Max was almost catatonic.

“Max please talk to me, I’m so sorry, I never should’ve left you- “

Waving him away Max lowered his head wishing he would just disappear.

He sounded drained and lifeless as he quietly whispered.

“It wasn’t your fault, but I’m tired, I just want to be alone.”

Filled with guilt Michael nodded as he made his way to the door.

“Call me if you need anything ok?”

Watching Max reached for his pain medication he left feeling as if he had done enough for one day.

After swallowing down two bitter pills with his third bottle of beer Max laid sideways on the couch hoping that sleep would take this day from him.

Hopelessness covered him like a heavy blanket weighing him down as his eyes filled with tears.

Dangerous thoughts taunted him as he heard a knock at the door.

“Michael I said I was fine, please leave.”

Anger raged in his voice as he heard the door open wider then close with a thud.

“I don’t need your fucking help, go away!”

With his head angled at the door he slowly sat up as the scent of her perfume drifted towards him.

“Well looking at that sling on your shoulder I’ll have to disagree with you.”

Immediately he looked towards the tv quickly wiping his tears from his eyes praying that she hadn’t seen him in the dark.

“Liz, I forgot you were coming tonight, I’m sorry I thought you were Michael.”

Thoughtfully Liz made it clear with her voice and her actions exactly where she was as she put her coat away and sat next to him.

“I bumped into Michael outside; he said you reinjured your shoulder. Are you alright?”

Her tone was gentle and kind but full of resolve at the same time; she had decided that she wasn’t going to tell him that she knew about his sight.

She felt that if she was going to get anywhere with him he had to trust her enough to tell her himself.

Grazing his hand over his painful shoulder he lowered his head not knowing what to say.

“Liz I’m sorry I need to be alone tonight, I’ve had a bad day …I just can’t…”

Emotions overwhelmed him leaving him unable to finish his thought.

For several minutes they sat in silence until he felt her leave the couch.

Despondent he sat with his eyes closed hoping she would just get the hint and go.

In the distance he could hear a paper bag rustling and water running off in the other room but was too worn-out to wonder what she was up to.

It was then that he felt her warm hands on his knees.

Max was so exhausted emotionally and physically that he didn’t have the energy to question what she was doing.

With a caring ease to her voice she placed a towel across his chest and moved in closer.

“You realize it’s insane that I have no idea what happened to you. I mean how I am supposed to help you if I don’t even know what I’m dealing with.”

Somewhere in his brain he knew that this was trouble but between the pain killers kicking in and her soft hands touching him he just couldn’t find the words to fight back.

“It’s obvious that you’ve been through a lot today so I’m not going to push the issue, but soon we need to talk Max.”

His pain was almost palpable as she looked over the features of his handsome face.

She couldn’t imagine what he must be going through, how lost he must be.

these thoughts had been keeping her up every night since she last saw him.

“I’m going to do something that I’ve been dying to do since I’ve first started coming here, now just sit back and close your eyes.”

Caught up in a sleepy haze and the intoxicating scent of her Max couldn’t find the words or energy to argue as he leaned back into the couch.

He almost immediately missed the warm of her hands as they slipped off his sweatpants.

Very close he could hear water being squeezed from a washcloth into a bowl.

His entire body began to relax as she placed a hot towel across his face.

He wasn’t really aware of her movements, at least not like before, but at some point he noticed she was sitting next to him again.

Max let out a sigh as she began to spread the cool shaving cream across his face.

It smelled like mint or evergreens, like a fresh Christmas tree all strung up with lights and tinsel.

He pictured her in his mind, the beautiful flustered hot tempered girl with the fuzzy red mittens sitting beside him.

In the back of his mind he briefly wondered if this was a mistake.

If she was getting too close, if he was coming off too needy or if she could possibly be catching on.

But somehow when her silky hair grazed his arm and her spicy cinnamon breath fanned over his cheek all those thoughts seemed to fade away.

He could barely feel the pain in his shoulder anymore as his body melted further into the cushions.

He wished for a moment that he could bottle this feeling and take it out when he needed it.

He pictured the ice and the feeling of flying…of being free.

But it was something elusive, like something just out of his reach.

Still it felt good letting someone in, giving that control he was holding on so hard to over to someone else.

Trusting the moment…trusting her.

He was mildly aware of the tapping of the razor against the bowl out in front of him.

He breathed out as the blade gently scraped along his jaw, his hands fell to his side free from the tight fists of just moments before.

Mango, pine, cinnamon and vanilla drifted between them as she tenderly angled his face towards her.

She sounded like she was all around him floating in the air sweet and light as she whispered in his ear.

“Don’t move.”

And he didn’t.

For the first time in a long time he didn’t move or think or stress about anything.
Last edited by jake17 on Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: The Dangler (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 7 1/23/12

Post by jake17 »

trulov
Sara
saori_1902
kristin
Michelle
Natalie
ginger
clueless
carolyn
angelina
dreamon
Alysluv
Eve

wow, thank you so much for all your supportive fb! means so much to me! hope you like this next part :)

Chapter 7

As dawn approached the sleepy Boston town Max heard a loud thud hit his door.

A strange feeling a peace lingered in his groggy state as he lifted himself up to get the newspaper from the front door.

He laughed sarcastically as he pressed the paper up to his forehead, although it had been months since his accident it was still hard to break his morning habit of reading the morning paper with his coffee.

Tossing it on his kitchen table he sat back on the couch and closed his eyes dreading his doctors appointment later on in the afternoon.

It had been weeks since that incident on the ice and the strange visit from Liz later that night, still everything lingered like a dream in his mind from time to time.

His shoulder was almost healed, but the doctor wanted to run another test on his vision, apparently there was an experimental surgery he wanted to discuss with him.

He was told it was nothing to get his hopes up about just a procedure that was in its early stages of development that was worth looking into.

To Max it was just a pain in the ass, but he felt as if he had no choice, Michael was insistent that he hear the doc out.

Since that peculiar night with Liz things had been better between them, in a way she was almost becoming more of a friend than someone who took care of chores.

Since this was really not Liz's forte she had hammered out a few rules that worked for them both.

Max so much enjoyed her being around that he really didn't mind making sure his dirty clothes had to be in the hamper or that beer bottles and empty pizza boxes weren't allow to multiply around the apartment.

In fact he was really beginning to look forward to the days that she would come over, they had the same dry sense of humor and quick wit and would end up talking for hours.

He loved hearing her stories about her anal professors and the crazy parties that would go on in her dorm keeping her from sleeping at night.

He thought is was a miracle that he had been able to keep his secret from her but at the same time he began to feel guilty about lying to her.

It was obvious that they were becoming friends, she had become a great source of comfort him, he hated to admit it but he really needed her, more so missed her when she wasn't there.

It wasn't long before her persistence got to him and he told her about his injuries, he was as honest as he could be without revealing his secret.

He didn't exactly lie, besides his broken shoulder and other bone and tissue damage he described how his brain swelled causing complications with his senses, which was totally true in a very vague and lacking details way.

She went out of his way to make his life easier, setting up a voice activated program on his computer because it would cause him pain to type, or at least that's what he told her.

Still he was mostly hiding away in his apartment most of the time wondering why he survived in the first place.

Besides his visits with Liz he had found little meaning in life and after his fall, he was even more convinced that there wasn't really a life out there for him.

As the day went on he did very little except get ready for his appointment.

Liz would be coming tomorrow and that's really where his mind was, the only place he really wanted to be.

His father had gotten him a voice activated clock that when he pressed a button would tell him the time.

Realizing that he was running late he pulled out his BU sweatshirt after freshly showering and reached for his sneakers that thanks to Liz were kept by the door.

Hearing a short knock Max yelled from the bathroom as he brushed his teeth.

“Come on in Michael, I'm almost ready.”

Hearing the door open and close Max went to grab for a towel after washing his face but there wasn't one on the rack.

Reaching his eyes closed from the soap he grabbed a towel that was being handed to him.

Almost immediately he smelled her perfume and froze.

Liz? Is that you?”

Pressing the towel over his face he began to panic wondering why she was there.

“In the flesh! Michael called, he had some kind of emergency and couldn't drive you today, so I will be taking you to your doctor's appointment.”

Max's head began to race, this was no ordinary appointment, this was to discuss this new experimental surgery for his eye sight, how the hell was he going to hide his secret from her now? How the hell could Michael put him in this position!”

“Umm, you know what Liz, I'm not really feeling up for this today, I'm just going to cancel.”

Sighing she quickly began to maneuver around the apartment straightening up and grabbing his hamper to throw in her car.

“Sorry, I was told you would try to cancel, I was also told this was something very important that you couldn't miss.”

His heart was pounding wondering how he was going to even pull this off, there was no way, inside the apartment was one thing but he could never hide the fact that he was blind out in the real world.

Trying to think fast he reached for eye drops that were in his medicine cabinet.

“Liz, I may need your help today, I have a serious migraine, its typical from my head injury to have them frequently, anyway I had to use these eye drops to releave the pressure. They work great but they made my eyes very sensitive to light. You'll have to lead me around, unless you'd just rather reschedule to when Michael can take me because I would totally - "

Hearing the front door open Max knew she was not going to take no for an answer.

Knowing perfectly well what he was up to Liz grabbed a pair of sunglasses off his dresser and put them in the pocket of his jacket that was always, thanks to her, kept on the hook by the door.

“Just throw your sunglasses on Max, I think I saw them in your coat pocket. I'll direct you were you need to go, you can rest your eyes on the way, you shouldn't be straining your eyes with a migraine anyway.”

Running his hands threw his thick black hair he sighed, “Well ok then, but It's really bad, you may have to help me in the office.”

Holding the door open Liz handed Max his coat and waited for him to slip on his glasses.

He was terrified as he began to descend the stairs, but for some reason she was moving very slow, almost guiding him in a way.

“Whoa that snow bank to the right of the driveway is so high, its a good thing we can just use the sidewalk and avoid getting all wet.”

And that's the way it went, 'look at that icy patch directly in front of you, you'd think they'd sand it or something, check out that line at the reception desk, do they overbook or what?'

She kept insisting that the light was too bright and it would be better if he didn't strain too much, so she basically led him around.

Liz couldn't help but do everything she could to make him feel normal, she was determined for him to tell her in his own time.

But she couldn't deny that it was starting to bother her that he still didn't trust her enough to let her in.

She also couldn't deny the feelings that were starting grow inside her for him.

Still Liz kept her emotions at bay, whether or not it started out this way she considered herself his caregiver and she felt it would be irresponsible to cross that line.

Once in the waiting room Max insisted on going in by himself for obvious reasons.

“Max Evans?”

Immediately Liz rattled on about his migraine to a very baffled nurse.

“Alright dear, no problem.” hearing her voice Max stood and reached out for her arm, “right this way Max.”

Hitting the table loudly the doctor helped him sit.

“Well Max, how are we doing today?”

Slouching on the exam table Max shrugged indifferently, “Still blind as a bat, so pretty shitty.”

Clearing his throat the doctor pulled up a chair and opened a binder containing the information about the surgery.

“Well I see your attitude and pessimism are as sharp as ever. You know your situation could be far worse Max. I've seen brain injuries where people never walk, eat, or talk again...ever again. Some remain in coma's for -"

Not in the mood for a lecture today Max held his hands up in a surrendering pose. “Sorry doc, your right, now what is this appointment all about?”

Sighing he flipped open the first page and sat back. “I'm not going to lie to you Max, this procedure is highly experimental, and the odds are not in your favor, but well I feel that your too young and healthy not to try it. Considering that there is very minimal risk involved I think its worth a shot.”

Sitting up quickly Max's voice became urgent. “Are you saying there might be a chance I could see again?”

The doctor hesitated for what seemed like forever to Max before continuing. “The odds that you will recover your full sight with no complications I'm afraid is extremely unlikely, but there is a chance. What I'm hoping for is at least the possibility of you regaining the ability to see some degrees of light, possibly shadows.”

Disappointment fell over him like the weight of an elephant as he leaned back against the wall.

“Shadows and light huh?” his response was defeated and solomn.

Sliding off the table he thought for a moment. “Well I guess its better then living in darkness, and hey maybe i'll end up being one of those one percent's where I get everything back.”

“Max...look I -”

“I know, I know you're doing your best, and know I can be a real shit. This ...its just still hard to accept, make the appointment, tell your nurse to call me. I'll do it, I really don't have anything to lose, do I?”

Max was completely quiet on the way home which really began to worry Liz.

“Want to talk about it?”

Max just leaned his head against the window of her car slightly shaking his head.

Once back in the apartment she started to make dinner, but it was obvious something was on his mind, and being Liz, she was determined to find out.

“Everything alright?”

Flipping the channels but not paying attention to what was on he nodded. “Fine.”

Setting a plate on the coffee table in front of him she sighed heavily. “Yeah I know what that means.”

Sitting next to him she couldn't help but stare at his boyishly handsome features.

It had a certain freedom to be able to really stare at him, she knew it wasn't fair but sometimes she couldn't help herself.

The strong angle of his jaw, his unusually long dark eyelashes that line his fiery brandy colored eyes, he was extremely handsome, even though he was stubborn, and sometimes very rude she thought to herself as she bit her bottom lip.

At that moment his fork fell on the floor, it didn't just fall it pretty much slid across the wooden floor under a bookcase.

“Shit!”

Standing up she began to look for it noticing his increasingly tense mood. “Relax I'll get it.”

He tried to get his temper under control but it was no use, his doctor had given him something that he had learn to live without, hope, and that for some reason made it all worse. He couldn't imagine going through surgery and all that it involved and ending up exactly where he was right now.

“Just fucking leave it Liz, I'm not hungry anyway!”

In a fit of rage he kicked his plate across the room, accidentally it ended up shattering against the wall and a piece of glass flew into Liz's arm.

“Oh my god! damn it, oh my god!” Liz screamed running over to the sink to run some cold water over her wrist that was gushing blood.

Hearing the distress in her voice Max felt his way over to the sink racked with guilt and concern.

Liz? Liz are you alright? What happened? I didn't mean to kick the plate, I lost my temper, are you hurt?”

Slamming her hands down on the counter Liz began to feel extremely dizzy.

Her voice was weak and slurred as she turned the water off and wrapped her wrist in a dishcloth.

Stumbling over to the kitchen table Liz went to sit down but missed the chair falling on the floor.

“Max, I think we have a problem.”

Terrified Max felt for her body and held her head on his lap.

“Liz what's happening??"

“I cut my wrist on the broken dish, I think I hit a vein Max, I can't handle the sight of blood, Max I think I'm going to pass out!”

Feeling for the cut he removed the towel and ran his fingers over the wound to try and see how deep it was.

At this point Liz was unconscious laying on his lap, completely helpless.

It felt deep, and before he knew it his hands were wet with thick warm blood...Liz's blood.

Resting her head carefully on the floor he ran to his cell and called 911.

Running back to her he gently lifted her up in his arms and carried her to the couch.

Rocking back and forth with her head cradled in his arms he tenderly kissed her head and whispered softly.

“Liz, I know this is really selfish but you have to come out of this, I need you...you can't leave me. Please not now.”

As the paramedics pulled her out of his arms he pleaded with them to be careful with her, he explained everything and before he knew it she was downstairs and in an ambulance.

It took all of two seconds to realize that he couldn't just sit in the apartment and wait.

Grabbing his cell he called for a taxi and reached for a walking stick that the hospital had given him to help him get around.

Terrified to take the first step outside by himself he hesitated for a moment but thoughts of her alone lying in some hospital room just inundated his mind.

Very carefully he took his time, one step at a time before he was standing in front of the apartment.

The taxi let him off directly at the front door leaving him to find his way into the hospital and to the front desk.

This was no easy task, especially since it was the first time he had ever ventured outside without help.

No there was something deeper drawing him to her, something in his gut, he had to make sure she was alright, it was as if his life depended on it.

After an exhausting and frustrating conversation with several people including a mean insensitive nurse Max finally found himself at her door.

Placing his hand on it he realized it was a jar, not being able to just stand outside he slowly and quietly step in.

“Max? Is that you?”

She sounded small and helpless, like a little girl almost, nothing like the brash strong willed woman that was constantly telling him off.

Hiding the cane around his back he stepped forward walking towards the sound of her voice.

Raising his hands in front of him in the most causal way possible he thankfully found the foot of her bed.

As gracefully as he could he made his way up till he found a chair beside her head.

“I heard you lost a lot of blood.”

He was whispering, not able to fully find his voice out of the tremendous guilt that was surging through him.

Her sleepy voice broke his heart as he moved in closer just needing to touch her.

“I'm alright Max, I'll be fine...really.”

Finding her pillow he gently began to stroke her hair.

“This was all my fault...I'm so sorry Liz.”

His deep velvet voice was very soothing to her as she felt the pain killers start to take effect.

Reaching for his hand he quickly laced his fingers threw hers.

“It was an accident Max...not your fault.”

Bringing her hand to his heart he leaned closer tenderly kissing her temple.

“You could have died, they told me that you lost so much blood that they ....”

His voice cracked under the weight of his emotions, it was then that he understood the very real feelings he had developed for her, and it terrified him.

“Shh...Max I'm fine.”

Suddenly he felt the price of his deception heavily on his shoulders.

His heart broke knowing that his secret may have cost her very life.

Letting out a shuddering breath he brought her hand up to his lips and rasped softy.

“Liz, there's something I need to tell you.”
Last edited by jake17 on Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: The Dangler (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 8 2/1/12

Post by jake17 »

Ginger
Jan
Natalie
Eve
Sarammlover
Carolyn
dreamon
MP
Angelina
Michelle17
Cardinal
Kristin
Secretk
clueless

wow, thank you so so much for all that great fb! I worked really hard on this, can't read it anymore, so hoping you like it. I don't think its what you're expecting :)

Chapter 8

Liz's long dark eyelashes fluttered quickly as she fought to stay awake wondering in her sleepy haze if she had heard him right.

“Max...”

Her slurred soft voice faded as the pain killers took over her and she unwilling drifted off.

Max felt the strength in her hand begin to fade as she slowly began to fall asleep.

Sighing out of frustration he rested his mouth against her temple as her breathing became steady and deep.

“Damn it Liz.”

He was left with a knot in his stomach and an unrecognizable unsettling ache in his heart.

The tremendous guilt he felt for her injury paled in comparison to the deep emotional pull she seemed to have over him.

Lacing his fingers threw her silky hair he breathed in the familiar blend of mango and lavender that he had unwittingly become irrecoverably addicted to.

Just then he was stricken with a disquieting dose of fear in his gut.

Feeling as if ice water was rushing through his veins he squeezed his eyes shut and pressed his lips to her skin.

It had occurred to him all at once, instantly, as if lightening had come down and jolted him fiercely and unforgivably from a deep sleep.

He cared for her...

No, it was more then that ...

Fighting within himself to decipher feelings that he had never had before he suddenly felt insecure and deficient.

What the hell was he going to do, not only was he completely lost, barely able to leave his apartment, totally dependent on others for just about everything but he... was blind.

It was as if he had just that moment come to terms with what exactly that meant.

It was there holding her in the stillness of the hospital room that he fully accepted what he had become.

Handicapped

Disabled

Needy

parasitic

helpless

He was grasping her close now as tears rose from somewhere deep and lonely, a place he had been trying to run from for months now.

He had faced what he saw as the truth and it nearly brought him to his knees.

Picturing her in his mind so strong willed, outspoken, and smart, he also began to understand an even more hurtful devastating truth...

The old Max would have been more than enough man to sweep her off her feet, to charm, to seduce, hell even to rival her clever unapologetic wit.

But who he was now... broken, inadequate, completely lacking in every capacity, what could she possibly see in him.

His heart clenched with the worst pain he had ever felt in his life as it became apparent what needed to be done.

Wiping the tears from his eyes with the back of his sleeve he tenderly glided his thumb across her cheek till he reached her parted soft lips.

Cupping her face he leaned down to steal what he believed to be his only chance to taste her.

Forgetting to breathe he lightly pressed his mouth to hers melting - falling - diving into an abyss of an irreversible inescapable momentary glimpse of heaven.

A tear fell to her face before he slowly forced himself to reach for his walking stick and stand.

He wondered briefly how a God could be so cruel as to take his sight, something so innately precious, then allow him to fall in love with the only person that could save him from this horrific loss, with no hope of getting that love in return.

Lowering his head he whispered the three words he knew he'd never again have the chance to say.

“I love you.”

Backing away from the doorway Michael held his hand over his mouth completely floored by what he had just heard.

Smiling through his fingers he shook his head marveling at the fact that he had actually pulled it off.

Tearing down the hallway he pulled out his cell beyond excited to tell the happy news to Maria.

“Babe, it worked...our plan actually worked!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

It had been over a week since Liz's over night stay in the hospital and still she couldn't get a hold of him on the phone.

What felt even colder were the times she showed up at his apartment and was ignored knowing full well he was inside by the sound of the TV.

“What are you talking about? I don't understand Liz.”

Sighing in frustration she spoke as if she was talking to a five year old.

“He. Won't. Let. Me. In. The. Apartment. Michael. What don't you understand!?”

Confused knowing of Max's declaration he paced his apartment.

“Liz, I've been to see him, he's fine. A little more depressed then usual but nothing that I was concerned about since he...”

Hearing the hesitation in his voice Liz punctuated her words.

“Since he what? Michael?”

Even Michael knew enough that it wasn't his place to uncover Max's feelings towards her as he racked his brain for an answer.

“Listen I'm going over there in a few minutes, I'm only staying for about an hour, when I go I'll leave the door unlocked. Just go in, then he'll have to talk to you.”

Sorting this out in her mind something just didn't seem right. “I don't know Michael, if he doesn't want to see me I don't think we should trick him into - “

“Liz, I can't tell you how I know, but I know he wants to see you. Maybe he's just feeling guilty over the accident and he's not sure what to say to you. Just trust me, go there tonight and talk to him.”

Nodding furiously Maria sat on Liz's bed overhearing their conversation.

Shrugging her shoulders she eyed Maria suspiciously. “Ok Michael, I'll do it but if you're wrong and he feels deceived, I'm going to kick your ass!”

Maria's eyes widened as she tried to force away a grin knowing full well not only was she serious but she was more than capable.

After hanging up with Michael Liz tossed her phone in her bag and raised her eyebrows at her best friend.

“Spill it Maria.”

With innocence beaming from her wide green eyes she threw her hands up in the air.

“I swear I have no idea what he's talking about, all I know is that Max needs you, you definitely should go over there. Liz, look at all the progress he's made, do you really want to be responsible if he goes back to drinking all day and night?”

Maria knew Liz better then she knew herself, no way would she risk hurting someone she cared about, and whether Liz knew it yet or not, she definitely cared about Max Evans.

“You're right Maria, I'm going to jump in the shower, I'll talk to you later.”

Bouncing down the hallway Maria smiled as her inner dialogue ran its course.

“Of course I'm right, I'm always right, I knew it was right to place you in this situation, just like I knew he could never resist you and would fall madly in love with you, ergo pulling him out of his depressive self-pity party for one and giving you the love life you so desperately need. You are amazing Maria! Of course Micheal’s going to take all the credit but we both know who was ultimately responsible.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`~~~~~~~~~~~

later that night...

Slamming the fridge door shut Max sighed when he discovered he had went through the last of his beer.

Without Liz to help him he was quickly reverting back into his former state of living on the couch and not knowing or caring whether it was night or day.

His surgery was scheduled in two weeks but he was considering canceling, completely resolved to the fact that there was no chance his life would change from the pathetic existence it has become.

Michael had managed to force him into the shower earlier but he was still disheveled and unshaven and insistently not caring as he sat on his spot on the couch that was clearly beginning to show the indent of his body.

Hearing the door slowly creak open Max refused to even turn his head.

“Michael, I'm out of beer, do you think...”

It took almost four seconds before her perfume drifted past him essentially deflating his entire being to the loud pounding of his heart.

Unable to find the words to explain why he had ignored her phone calls and trips to his apartment he stared quietly at the television.

Liz tried to search for the sympathy that she knew she should have knowing what she knew, but anger brewed inside her instead as she panned around the apartment and stared back at him.

Everything she did, all the progress she had made was all shot to hell and for what? Twenty stitches on her arm and a bump on her head?

Kicking over the pizza boxes and beer bottles that littered her path to him she stood silently in front of the TV with her hands on her hips.

She stared down at him sitting in his stained sweats and ripped tee shirt, his hair going in all directions, and his five o'clock shadow and shook her head.

Where was the fire that raged in this supposedly amazing athlete that she heard so much about?

How could someone with such drive and determination throw his entire life away?

Even blind Max Evans had more going for him then most people in this world and it absolutely killed her that he was just going to give up and be a victim for the rest of his life.

She also decided that she had played along with this game of “not knowing” for too long.

Max strained to listen for where she was standing but between the boxes flying everywhere and the clanking of the beer bottles he had no idea where she could be.

Trembling he continued to look as if he was still watching the muted television as his hand searched for the remote that he accidentally dropped when he heard her come in.

“Liz, I know we need to talk but I'm not feeling good, I've been sick since the hospital, so do you think we can do this another night?”

Her voice was direct and serious as she watched his every move intently.

“Sure Max, we can talk another time, but right now I need something from you.”

His eyes flickered to the ground as he realized she was standing directly in front of him five feet away.

She knew this was harsh, but a part of her cared about him far too much to see him this way.

“You see in order for Professor Spero to keep giving me your assignments he needs your written consent.”

Liz threw her bag on the ground and shook a piece of paper in her hand so he could hear it.

“Just leave it on the coffee table Liz, I'll sign it later. I really don't feel - “

Shoving the paper back in her bag her dark brown eyes flashed back up at him.

He looked scared, actually frightened as he sat there shivering with his head down.

All she could think about was that cocky, arrogant, devastatingly handsome larger then life hockey player that bashed into her on that windy cold day.

Fuck it ! ….she said in her head as she felt a strange emotion beginning to work its way into her belly.

Spotting his hockey shirt lying on the floor with the name The Dangler on the back she held it up in the air.

“Fine Max, you want me to go, I'll go, but first I want you to tell me what this means.”

It was cruel she knew it, but to her what was crueler was how everyone in his life was enabling him to live this way.

He was so much more then this, so much more than some lump on a god damn couch.

“What's wrong Max? It's one little request, not so much to ask seeing as how I had to have twenty stitches because of your temper tantrum! What does this mean!”

Immediately his head snapped up towards her, a look of rage flashed in his beautiful amber eyes.

That's it Max, show me your still alive in there....

His voice was loud and deep in response to her painful accusation.

“You know that was an accident! I would never hurt you! How could you even say that to me!”

A look of hope danced in her eyes as she stepped closer to him.

“Fine, it was an accident, you accidentally got pissed off and threw the plate and it accidentally broke and cut me. What does this mean!”

Infuriated Max stood, his chest heaving, his face turning a bright shade of red as her intoxicating scent assaulted his senses.

“What the hell are you saying Liz?”

Walking even closer she grabbed him by the arm and softened her voice to a steamy intense tone making him dizzy and confused.

“I'm asking you to just tell me one simple thing, what does this say! What does it say Max, just tell me, what is the big fucking deal? You should know, you wore it for three years!”

Enraged Max reached for her hands and pulled his game shirt from her.

Running his fingers over the letters he slowly lowered it to his side realizing that he had just given himself away.

“What did you want to tell me in the hospital Max? I heard you say that you needed to tell me something.”

His jaw was clenched, his eyes dark and wide with fury as his anger for God and the stupid Zamboni and even Michael for convincing him to go that night came rushing to the surface.

“Max! What is it! What did you want to tell me! Say it! Just say it!”

Throwing the shirt across the room Max grabbed her by the shoulders and pushed her backwards till he felt the resistance of her back against the wall.

“I'm fucking blind! Is that what you want to hear?! Is that what - “

His words were quickly silenced as Liz captured his mouth with a passionate fiery kiss surprising the both of them.

Releasing her shoulders he smoothed his hands along her neck and buried them in her raven hair pulling her in even closer.

Urgent groans filled the room as he released all of his pain and frustration into her.

What started out as a powerful desperate need slowly melted into a soft tender exploration as he gently pulled at her bottom lip before releasing her all together.

Breathlessly she pressed her forehead to his hoping that his strong body pinning her to the wall would keep her knees from buckling.

Whispering sweetly against his mouth she ran her hands along his forearms as he held her tight.

There he is... “

She smiled as he closed his eyes and let out a shuddered breath,

“... welcome back Max.”
Last edited by jake17 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: The Dangler (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 9 2/23/12

Post by jake17 »

Courtney
Sarah
Ginger
POM x2
Angelina
Eve
MP :wink:
Carolyn
Sara
Jan
Mela3
Cardinal
Ophelia
dreamon x2
Lyrallya
clueless

Wow, thank you so so much for all your amazing supportive feedback. I'm so sorry this took so long, RL pulled me away for awhile but I'm back and I have the next few chpts already written in my head so it won't be long before I update again. Hope you understand the direction I'm taking this, I just couldn't let something slide, it didn't sit right with me. This has to be a difficult emotional transition where he's really struggling to find just who he is now and where he belongs. Thanks again for your patience, really hope your happy with this! :)

Chapter 9

Max laid in bed for hours that night, his fingers lightly grazed over his lips that still tasted like cherry, peppermint and all things resembling his idea of heaven.

His mind replayed the moment over and over, the feeling of being cornered trapped pinned under her spell, her combative accusations pushing him to the brink, her relentless demanding questions veiled by the sensual dizzying tone of her voice, all of it igniting a fire inside him he could no longer control leading up to something he never expected.

The kiss...

An explosion of emotions that had been locked deep inside him boiling their way to the surface in an all consuming unexpected fiery embrace.

Liz's warm soft body pressed flush against his own hard tense muscular frame, the passion, the heat surging through him, an irrepressible need to have her right then and there against the wall.

It was a just a glimpse, a flash of something so wondrous, so beautiful and overwhelming, it was as if every sense, every emotion was heightened to a place he never knew existed.

The softness of her lips, the exquisite curves of her body, her complete surrender, like free falling, the desperate urgency of how she clutched his arms, her body and how it responded to every move he made.

There would be no fighting it, not that he wanted to, not that he ever could, he was madly deeply undeniably in love.

His mind spun with questions, could she possibly feel the same, or was it a momentary attraction, a meaningless kiss forged from intensified emotions that had gotten out of hand.

The way she quietly whispered 'goodnight' and disappeared left him clueless to her affections, but he couldn't negate the fact that it was the first morning he woke absent of the that sinking feeling of despair.

He was so caught up in his thoughts that he didn't hear her key turn in the lock or her footsteps down the hall.

Afraid of waking him she walked as quietly as she could until she turned the corner of his bedroom and nearly went weak.

Her large brown eyes widened from the sight before her, a small gasp caught in her throat as she gazed down upon him, her feelings for him suddenly seeming more confusing then ever.

The perfection of his body clearly visible from the thin sheet that hugged his strong thighs settling just below the indent of his hips.

She drew in her bottom lip biting it hard as her view moved upwards to the ridges of his stomach to his smooth broad chest and impressively shaped muscles of his arms as they rested against his pillow his hands beneath his head.

She licked her lips as she watched his strong jaw clench and relax, his bare chest rise and fall, his dark black eyelashes flickering up to the ceiling as the morning sun reflected off his golden eyes making them almost luminescent.

She had never seen anything sexier in her life.

Suddenly feeling like a voyeur she stepped back trying hard to balance the coffee and donuts in her shaky hands.

Unfortunately she didn't account for his sneakers that were lying on the floor in the hallway.

Jumping from the bed when he heard the sound of her scream and her butt hitting the floor Max feeling along the walls rushed to her side.

“Liz?!”

The alarm in his voice furthered her embarrassment as she tried to think of an explanation for her unannounced presence.

Covered in coffee she winced as she pulled the wet steaming hot shirt away from her skin.

A husky deep laugh followed by a lick of his finger caused her to loose all ability to think.

“Mmm, hazelnut?” his bright wide smile was so different from his usual solemn and disconnected behavior, everything about him seemed different.

Left speechless as she gazed up at him in nothing but his black boxer briefs Liz quickly averted her eyes and tried to compose herself.

“That's twice now that you've fallen in my presence, just imagine all the times it happens when I'm not around, seriously Liz I think we should look into getting you some protective gear, possibly a helmet or maybe some elbow pads?”

Struggling to stand she slapped him hard across his chest, “Shut it and help me up before you're the one needing the protective gear.”

Furrowing her eyebrows she pulled his shoes from beneath her and placed them in his hands.

“Actually this was once again your fault, it was your sneakers in the hallway that I tripped over, I thought we decided to keep them by the door so something like this doesn't happen?”

She tried to steady her voice as he moved all around her feeling for the donuts and picking up the half empty cups of coffee.

Unable to hold back a devilish grin he felt the rush of his old personality coming through, it was a definite high, like fresh cool air had been pumped into his lungs.

Sensing her nervousness he whispered cleverly close to her ear feeling as if the tables had been turned between them.

“Well I assumed that sighted people could navigate around something as large and noticeable as size twelve sneakers, guess I should have made allowances for you though huh?”

He chuckled as another smack to his chest sent her off balance causing her to fall against him.

Huffing clearly aggravated she gripped onto his arms steadying herself. “You know this only happens when I'm with you!”

He smiled inside taking in the familiar scent of her shampoo that surrounded him as she moved closer trying to find her footing.

His muscles tensed as her silky locks brushed against his bare neck and chest, and in a flash he was back in that moment, his eyes slid shut as the memory of last night rushed through him.

His hands buried in her hair, his mouth kissing her hard as he swallowed her quiet whimpers and moans...

He wanted more, he almost needed it like oxygen to breathe, but he wanted it perfect and romantic, he wanted to take her on a real date.

He whispered against the shell of her ear as his free hand anchored around her waist helping her to her feet.

“Guess I was a little distracted last night, I promise to be more careful next time.”

Liz was clearly affected by him but she was confused as to where they stood. What started out as a job she was forced into and could care less about had turned into something and someone that meant everything to her.

She didn't know how do be both romantically involved and his caregiver.

Liz was the last person in the world to make rash decisions, following her heart the night before was completely out of character for her, but now in the light of day she worried that this could be a huge mistake.

He was in such a vulnerable state, and she was the only one he trusted, the only one he even listened to.

She would be devastated if it didn't work out between them, she wondered if he could even recover from that considering what he had been through.

Closing her eyes she lowered her head feeling incredibly selfish, wondering how could she let her love for him come before the responsibility that she had taken on, besides...

Hesitating quickly she took a deep breath as the word she hadn't meant to say echoed in her head.

Lowering her hand from her face her eyes flashed towards him, love? Her thoughts raced almost as fast as her heart as the four letter word took her by surprise.

“You alright Parker? Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining, usually I can't get a word in edgewise, but you seem...distracted or something.”

Setting the drinks and food on the nightstand he pulled her onto the bed with him and lifted the hem of her shirt placing his hand gently on her stomach.

Leaning back on her elbows she began to tremble, she knew then, it couldn't have been more clear, this wasn't a mere attraction, she was in love.

“Uh, Max … I don't ...”

Raising one side of his mouth he tried to hold back a smile as he released her damp shirt and pulled out a BU sweatshirt from his drawer.

“Relax graceful Gertrude, just checking to make sure you didn't burn yourself, here put this on, your soaked.”

Reaching for a pair of jeans, underwear and a tee shirt he threw a towel over his shoulder and held his hand out.

Confused by the gesture she sat motionless trying not to stare up at his chiseled body.

“Liz, hand me your shirt and I'll soak it in the bathroom sink, I'm gonna jump in the shower real quick.”

Feeling her hesitation he leaned in close to her, his voice was meant to be assuring and calming but his raspy whisper had the exact opposite affect.

“It's ok Liz, I can't see a thing, you could take off all your clothes and I wouldn't be the wiser...remember?”

Again the memory of that kiss was there between them like a whip of fire raising the temperature in the air at least twenty degrees instantly.

Scoffing nervously she raised the shirt over her head and handed it to him.

“Right, I forgot you're perfectly harmless.”

It was meant to be a playful jab, something to break the tension, but as they stood within a breath of each other, both nearly naked, neither one of them laughed.

He couldn't help but reach out and cup her cheek, his fingertips felt so gentle and warm, he stared directly at her with those intense sensitive eyes as if he could see her, and for a moment she felt he actually could.

His touch was completely innocent almost protective in nature, but somehow it felt strangely intimate as if something was happening, changing almost evolving between them.

He felt it too, like unspoken words passing between them solidifying that last night meant something, that it was more then a kiss, it wasn't something he had imagined, she had feelings for him, he was sure of it.

Breaking their silence Max stepped back towards the bathroom releasing her slowly.

“Why don't you take whatever is salvageable and wait for me at the kitchen table, I'll be there in ten minutes, I promise. I have something to ask you.”

Pulling the sweatshirt down past her waist she grabbed what was left of the coffee and donuts and headed towards the kitchen.

Anxious to get her mind on something else she focused her attention on a stack of paperwork detailing his surgery.

Soon Max emerged from the bathroom counting in his head, twenty steps to the counter, kitchen table on the right two steps forward.

He held his head high, actually feeling happy, not worrying about tomorrow or his future, he felt as if he spent a lifetime stuck in that black hole, no today was going to be different.

He felt good, strong, he even thought about calling Michael to hit the gym the way they used to.

But manly he was thinking of where to take her on their date, somewhere nice, something that would impress her, it had to be special.

She smiled amazed at the change in him, he seemed so much more at ease with himself, as if he was coming into his own, becoming more comfortable in his own skin almost.

He even carried himself differently, she thought to herself as she eyed him up and down.

He was dressed in a burgundy tee shirt and pair of faded jeans with a hole in one of the knees.

His damp black hair was brushed back with a few pieces hanging over his beautiful eyes.

He smelled fresh like soap and baby powder and she couldn't take her eyes off of him.

Taking a seat across from her he plopped down crossed his arms on the table and rested his chin on his fist like a little kid.

“So what's with the early morning visit? Not that I'm not happy you're here but...”

Too elated to hold off any longer she smoothed out the papers in front of her. “I'll tell you in a sec but Max, we have to talk about this surgery, this sounds so promising! I had no idea ... “

Holding up the paperwork she continued to read, her excitement growing with every turn of the page.

“.... Max, this, this could be ...”

His smile faded as he pulled two small Styrofoam cups from the counter knowing full well that his type of injury wasn't the kind that had the high success rate she was reading about.”It could be nothing Liz, I'm not even sure ...”

His voice drifted off as the doctor's realistic warnings replayed in his head. This was the last thing he wanted to be thinking about right now.

Slumping in his chair he sighed not wanting to remind himself of any of this.

Shocked Liz fumbled through the papers looking for the statistics that had initially caught her eye.

“Sure of what Max? This is amazing! Why aren't you excited about this? I don't understand?”

Dividing what was left of the coffee into the two cups Max reached out for the papers and gently pulled them from her hands.

“Enough of this doom and gloom, this isn't your regular day, you obviously didn't come here to work, so what do you say we have some fun.”

He thought about taking her sledding near the old pond near his house, there was a great old diner that had the best homemade apple pie down the street, then maybe they could hit a small dive bar that was on the outskirts of town.

They had an old fashioned jukebox with real vinyl records, the entire inside was lit with tiny white lights on the ceiling and candles on the tables.

It was completely out of the way, he wouldn't have to worry about anyone seeing him, it was perfect.

He imagined slow dancing with her, holding her close, kissing her again.

He could hardly contain himself.

"Liz, I was thinking, if you weren't busy today - "

Suddenly she jumped from her chair.

“Oh my God that reminds me, I almost forgot why I came here, I have something for you, I found all this great stuff online, I thought it could be really helpful.”

A look of confusion covered his face as he sat back in his chair. “Helpful?”

With excitement in her voice she dumped her book bag upside down on the table.

“Yeah you know, things that can help you adjust, make life a little easier for you.”

His heart sank as he lifted several rectangular boxes and felt the raised pictures.

His voice was flat as if someone had drained the life out of him.

“What is this Liz?”

Beaming with enthusiasm she pulled her chair closer to him so she could hold her hand over his letting him feel each one.

He wanted to die.

“I found this great site, they sell all kinds of board games for the blind. See they have monopoly, boggle, checkers...some of them you have to know braille, but I took care of that.”

Pushing his chair away from the table his voice hardened. “What do you mean, you took care of that.”

Sensing his obvious disapproval she softened her voice realizing she may have gone too far.

“Well... I signed you up for a class, at the community center... next to the university.”

“You did what?”

Standing suddenly his chair went crashing to the floor.

“How could you do something like that without even talking to me? No one knows about this Liz...NO ONE! What if it gets out? What if someone sees my name? How could you do this?”

Taking off down the hall beyond upset Max forgot about the hamper outside his bedroom and tripped falling hard on the ground.

In a second she was there, tears filling her eyes. “Max I am so sorry, I didn't think, I'll call them right now, I'll say it was a mistake. I'm sure no one will find out, I never meant to hurt you.”

Holding his bad shoulder he pushed his back against the wall completely devastated.

“Is this how you see me Liz?! Some … pathetic useless loser, who's life's long ambition is daily trips to the community center on the short bus to play chess and monopoly the with other disabled little boys?”

Mortified Liz covered her mouth.

“God how could I be so fucking stupid!”

Wiping away her tears Liz shook her head. “Max please, please forgive me, I didn't mean any harm.”

Covering his face with his hands he voice cracked with emotion.

“Is that what last night was about? Getting the poor blind kid past the all important denial phase? What, did you take pity on me or something?”

It had just then occurred to him that she must have known, he had been so focused on the kiss that he didn't stop to remember how she trapped him into proving it to her, into telling her.

He felt sick to his stomach realizing that she probably knew the entire time.

His insides twisted into painful knots as he pushed himself up to a standing position.

His voice was hard and cold as he stared blankly at the ground.

“How long?”

“What? Max, please...”

“How long Liz! How long did you know I was blind? How long did you let me make a fool out of myself fumbling around here like an asshole!”

Walking slowly up to him her heart broke hearing the pain in his voice.

“Max I-I didn't mean, I was just, I thought it was better if you told me yourself. I needed you to trust me ...”

Furious Max held his head feeling like a complete fool.

“So to get me to trust you, you lied to me? Did Michael tell you? Have you known since the beginning?”

Grabbing his shoulders she looked up at him pleading for him to listen to her.

“No, Max please, you have to believe me, he would never do that to you. It was only a few weeks ago, maybe a month, I don't know exactly. I-I just figured it out, I didn't know what to do, I was trying to help you.”

“Get out.”

“Max please! You have it all wrong!”

Trying his best to hold back his emotions he choked a few words out before breaking down.

“Please Liz … just go.”

Slowly she turned to leave but her stubborn streak just couldn't let it go.

"Max, when I came here it was because I was forced into it, but then I got to know you, I saw what was happening to you. Max you were giving up. I-I couldn't sit by and watch you waste away, so I did what I thought was right, I did my best because I cared."

Pushing her back gently he shook his head silently pleading for her to leave.

"You know what? You're right, I fucked up, I fucked up bad, but I tried ... and it wasn't because I felt sorry for you, it was never about that. I kept coming back because I knew you could be so much more... and last night, that wasn't planned, you felt it, you had to have. There is something between us Max, you know its true. Please don't do this!"

Tears filled his eyes as he lowered his head. "Liz, just... go."

Frustrated Liz raised herself up on her toes laced her fingers through his thick hair and pressed her lips to his ear whispering words she could no longer deny.

“Fine I'll go, but know this Max... I kissed you last night because I love you. ”

Tears rolled down her cheeks as she took off running down the hall slamming the front door shut behind her.

Stunned Max slid down the wall still feeling the warmth of her hands on his neck, her breath against his ear, his face wet from her tears and his heart struck by her words.

I love you.
Last edited by jake17 on Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: The Dangler (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 10 3/2/12

Post by jake17 »

MP
Courtney
Ginger
Sarah
LovelyPOM83
Natalie
Sara
Jan
Angelina
Eve
Carolyn
Cardinal

Thank you all so much for your amazing supportive fb! So hope you like the next part, holding my breath. :roll: :wink: Have a nice weekend everyone! :D

Chapter 10

Slumping against the window of Michael's SUV Max closed his tired eyes and sighed heavily, his head spinning still from Liz's turbulent visit that morning.

“I don't get it, what is so important that my dad needed to see me tonight? I'm really beat Michael, couldn't this have waited till tomorrow?”

Michael looked over at him nervous as hell hoping that Liz's plan would work.

It took a lot of convincing and a few naughty little promises from Maria to talk him into this but he was still unsure if it was a good idea.

In his mind there was a very good chance that this could blow up in Liz's face and worse he would be a part of it.

Pulling into Washington Middle School ice rink in Newton, three towns from his apartment Michael shook his head.

“Sorry, I've learned not to question your dad, he insisted on us coming over tonight, if you really don't feel up to it once we get there then I'll make up some excuse and I'll have you out of there in twenty minutes.”

Pulling in the parking lot Michael jumped out and ran up to a bearded middle aged janitor sporting blue dirty overalls a bad toupee and a cigar hanging from his mouth.

“Hey Lou, I really appreciate this, here are those front row Bruin tickets I promised, just remember, we were never here.”

The pudgy janitor's face lit up as he grabbed the tickets and held them up to the headlights of his truck.

“Awesome Mikey, these are wicked good seats just like you promised, you're a good boy.”

Looking back nervously at Max, Micheal lowered his voice worried that he would hear them. “Sorry Lou, I'm kinda in a hurry, do you have the keys?”

“No problem, everything's all set for you, here ya go, its the big one that's shaped different from the rest, just lock up when your done and leave the keys under the fat bush by the big rock outside the back door.”

With that Lou jumped in his green pickup and peeled out of the parking lot, still joyfully staring at his Saturday night hockey tickets.

Max jumped when Michael opened his door, his thoughts still stuck on Liz and her declaration of love when she abruptly ran out the door that morning. “What took you so long, I'm freezing in here.”

Looking around for her car Michael waited for Max to place his hand on his shoulder before leading him towards the school.

“Sorry, I saw Sal out in front of your dad's and I wanted to say hello, I didn't think he was someone you wanted to talk to right now so I didn't call him over.”

Lowering his head Max nodded somberly. “Actually I don't really feel like talking to anyone right now, why don't you just take me home, I'm sure my dad will understand.”

Opening the large metal door Michael winced waiting for Max to realize they weren't at his father's apartment.

Stepping inside Max raised his head as he heard the echo of the metallic door creak open in the large ice skating rink.

Grasping Michael's shoulder in a tight painful grip he raised his voice, “What the fuck is going on, where the hell are we?”

He angled his head around trying to get a sense of where he was when suddenly the familiar scent of ice hit his nose.

“Talk to me, I'm not in the mood for games right now, this isn't cool, why are we in an ice rink, damn it Michael tell me your not stupid enough to take me to the University.”

Stepping out of the shadows she apprehensively cleared her throat praying for a miracle.

“Don't worry Max, your in a middle school far from home, its empty, no one knows we're here.”

Immediately he turned his face towards her, his entrancing brandy colored eyes full of surprise and for a split second a glimmer of happiness that he was unable to hide fast enough for her to see.

Her soft sweet voice was comforting and upsetting all at the same time, which was exactly how it had been since that fateful day they ran into each other.

It was at that moment her perfume drifted past him like wildflowers in a meadow on a breezy warm spring day.

He tried hard to hide the butterflies in his stomach that ran rapid whenever she was near but it was clear she had an intense effect on him that could not be controlled.

In an effort to disguise his feelings he turned towards Michael.

“What kind of game are we playing here? I would never pull this shit on you. Seriously? Tricking me into thinking I was going to my dad's? What am I a fucking child Michael? You could've just told me where we were going.”

Again her soft dreamy voice invaded his senses making him feel light headed and dizzy, it was almost maddening how strongly she affected him.

“Don't be mad at Michael, this was my idea Max. I was afraid you wouldn't come if you knew I was here, I didn't mean to trick you, I just want to talk.”

A look of shock and a definite loss of words fell over him as he released Michael's shoulder.

Michael looked up at Liz instinctively realizing by the look on Max's face that if anyone was going to reach him it was definitely going to be her... that much was obvious.

“There's a bench right behind you Max, please don't be pissed at me, just give her a chance, I'll call you in the morning.”

Feeling for the metal seat behind him Max reluctantly sat down silently and placed his elbows on his knees and his head in his hands too tired and confused to argue.

He heard the sound of keys and whispers as the big metal door slowly shut causing a vibration under his feet.

He jumped slightly as he sensed her close to him, her long silky hair brushing lightly against his arm as she knelt before him sending chills up his spine and to places private and intimate.

Like always the mixture of melon, and what he now decided could be lavender billowed around him making him sink further into an abyss of complex powerful emotions of love and lust in a way that he had never come close to feeling with any other girl.

Swallowing hard his breathing became shallow as he sat up straight, his muscles tensed tightly feeling her warm hands on his ankles moving down to his sneakers.

“Liz? What are you doing?”

His raspy devastatingly vulnerable tone made her hesitate briefly as she lifted her long dark eyelashes slowly up towards him making her exhale unsteadily.

It was almost unsettling how deeply he touched her with just the sound of his voice she thought to herself as she forced herself to continue on.

There was no hint of anger in his tone as he felt her take one shoe off then the other replacing them with his hockey skates.

He was too baffled by her actions to be mad, in actuality he was just grateful that she was there, with him, where he had just that moment decided he would always want her to be.

Sighing she finished with his laces then stood taking his hand in hers raising him up to his feet.

“I want you to teach me how to ice skate.”

He fumbled awkwardly on the hard wood floor as she helped walk him to the rink trying to understand what she was trying to do.

Snapping out of her spell suddenly he realized how completely insane this was and pulled her back towards him almost making her feet waver clumsily in her bran new white ice skates.

With an urgency that almost made her question what she was about to do he pleaded with her.

“Liz, honestly are you trying to be cruel now? I can't see, how can I possibly teach you how to skate?”

Taking both his hands in hers as they stepped out onto the slick ice Liz pressed her mouth against his slightly parted lips passionately catching him off guard.

Leaving him in a daze she moved towards his ear and whispered temptingly edging him on, challenging that daring fearless part of him she knew still existed somewhere deep inside of him.

Bullshit, you're The Dangler... remember?”

He couldn't help but smile at her unexpected reply but still he remained frozen in place afraid to move, petrified that he would fall.

His legs were shaking as he held his hands out for her feeling as if his heart would burst from his chest.

Unable to find her his fear grew, desperately needing to hear her voice he once again asked for her to get him off the ice.

“Liz this isn't funny, I don't know what the hell you're trying to prove, but I'm telling you I can't do this.”

Whispering seductively in a breathy steamy voice she took his hand and kissed it softly placing it over her sweater causing him to jerk from the unexpected feeling of the exquisitely beautiful curve of her breast and her racing heart.

Oh but I think you can, in fact I know you can.”

Gritting her teeth scared out of her mind she began to push herself away from him.

“You know its crazy all these years living in the harsh winters of Boston and never learning to skate, I don't know why I never tried it.”

Afraid for her he spun around on unsteady feet following the sound of her shaky voice frantically trying to find her.

“Liz, seriously, please don't do this, I can't help you, you could really get hurt!”

Spreading her arms out to the side trying to calm herself she took a deep breath and attempted to skate in a circle around him just out of his reach.

“Even as a kid my parents never took me, you'd think at least once in my life I would've done this but...”

Without having a clue as to what she was doing she accidentally began to drift farther from him than she had intended to.

Looking backwards to see exactly how far away he was she found herself going at a dangerous speed.

“Max? I-I think I'm going too fast, how exactly do you stop these things?”

Suddenly she lost her balance as the point of her skate dug into the ice accidentally causing her to go falling head first towards the frozen ground below.

“Max! Oh my God! Max help me!”

The sound of her skates fluttering every which way slicing through the ice as they flew out from beneath her sent him into action making him forget instantly that he was blind.

Without a second thought he took off following her voice as his years of training to be the fastest kid on the pond resurfaced instinctively.

Skating with lightening speed he angled his blades digging them into the hard ice sideways sending a spray of frost all over her from head to toe.

“Liz grab my hand!”

Reaching out to her at the last second he felt her hand and immediately pulled her up just within inches of her head slamming into the dangerous cold surface below.

Breathlessly he pulled her in close against his body wrapping one hand around her waist and the other tangled inside her damp raven hair protectively as she rested against his chest.

Shivering she closed her eyes as relief washed through her trembling body.

“I knew it... I knew that if you thought I was in trouble you'd forget everything and skate again.”

He furrowed his eyebrows as he stroked the sensitive skin on the nape of her neck still needing to feel her safe in his arms.

“Are you trying to tell me that you planned on falling?”

Quietly laughing as she continued to shake she shrugged her shoulders. “No, I planned to fake fall, but well … you know me, graceful Gertrude and all. I definitely didn't plan that. I had no idea it was that friggin hard to ice skate.”

Closing his eyes he held her tighter placing a kiss on the top of her head not knowing whether to laugh or shake some sense into her.

“Why the hell would you fake a fall with me?”

Trying to catch her breath she laced her fingers together around his back melting into his warm strong body.

“I had to prove to you that … well that ...“

His sensitive hoarse deep voice caused her knees to go weak as she gazed up at his sweet handsome face.

“That what Liz?”

Raising her arms to wrap around his neck she felt her heart race faster then it had in her life knowing full well he could feel it too.

“I had to prove to you that I saw you as the man that you are... strong, incredibly brave, capable of just about anything you put your mind to, charming and clever almost to a fault and well... dangerously too handsome for your own good.”

A wide smile defined his full lips as he cradled her flushed face in his hands.

“So let me get this straight, you risked your life just to prove you felt all those things for me?”

With his hands gently pressed against her chilled skin he felt her nod as her cheeks rose upwards to a tiny satisfying grin.

Pressing his forehead to hers he traced her bottom lip tenderly letting his velvet sultry voice float down over her.

“You know what Parker? You may just be the craziest girl I have ever met in my entire life.”

Unable to kept from tasting his sweet mouth again she raised up on the toes of her skates clumsily capturing his waiting lips nearly melting the freezing ice below their feet.

Parting breathlessly he lowered his mouth to the side of her neck sweeping his tongue lightly up to the shell of her ear.

Carefully, gently as if she were sacred he grazed the tips of his fingers along her her collarbone beneath her sweater.

His voice shaky almost painfully sincere he whispered to her.

“Liz, I-I love you...take me home so I can really see you...”

Taking a deep shuddered breath he traced an imaginary line between her breasts as his lips brushed seductively against her heated skin.

“The only way I can.”

Covering his hand with hers she gasped softly before leading him off the ice.

"Let's go."