Adjusting To Peace (AU,M/L,Mature) Complete 8 May

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

thumper1942
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Adjusting To Peace (AU,M/L,Mature) Complete 8 May

Post by thumper1942 »

Thanks Mary for your very kind words. I have tried to bring what I learned all these years working with
the military. My father was wounded at Cherbourg and he had a couple of tales about Patton. That was one thing that fascinated me over the years that I was lucky enough to interact with some veterans of WW2 was that all of them that was in a Division that was with 3rd Army for any period of time always had a tale or two about Patton. Yet in talking to other Army WW2 veterans who fought with other armies I never got that. Patton made it a point to visit the front lines a couple of times a week to different units. He wanted them to know he knew who was doing the fighting and dying; and by doing that he had a good idea of the shape his men were in. This whole Story with Liz just would not leave me alone; I wanted to finish my Immortal Liz story here on the crossover section but Warrior Liz had a grip on me that would not loosen until the tale was done.