Make Up's and Break Up's (AU/CC/Adult) COMPLETE 3/27/11

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

candysteffi
Addicted Roswellian

Part 21

Post by candysteffi »

Natalie36: She has her ways, lol.

Novy: She had to find another way to get the truth out, lol. And yay, it worked out pretty good.

Ellie: Oh yeah, she’s a real loser, :lol:.

PART 21

We all glance up when the swinging door is pushed open and Michael walks in, balancing several empty plates and glasses in his hands. He looks at us, startled for a few seconds, before finally speaking up. "Sorry, just wanna drop this off in the kitchen."

"Okay," Liz nods and gets up to take the dishes from him to carry them into the kitchen.

He hands her the stuff and looks back at us other girls in the room. "I have the feeling you’re talkin’ about me, so... I’ll leave again." He turns to leave the backroom.

"No, wait," I tell him and get up from the couch.

He stops in his tracks and looks at me questioningly. "Come on," Courtney hisses to Tess, bumping her with her shoulder. "We're leaving."

"Just when it gets interesting," Tess mutters, but grins at me.

I wait until all three girls have left us alone in the backroom, before I take a step towards Michael. From the looks he gives me, I can see he's insecure about what I am going to say.

"I've talked to the bitch who claims she slept with you last week," I start and he almost smirks at my choice of words. Almost.

He leans back against the wall next to the door. "I don't know if I should be worried or relieved now, Maria," he admits. "I know that she’s lying, but if she told you some crazy shit that I can't prove is wrong, then..." He shrugs helplessly.

"She told me you were at your apartment together."

He snorts. "As if I would ever bring someone else to my home. Ya know my mother, she has like the sixth sense and knows everything. She would kick my ass if I brought someone other than you."

I laugh quietly. That was true, for some reason, Darcy knows everything that goes on around her house, no matter if it happens in the middle of the night. "She also told me that sex in a waterbed is better than anything and she likes your black bathroom furniture."

He frowns. "Black furniture? I don't..."

I press my index finger against his lips and nod. "She made it pretty clear to me that she didn't take one step in your apartment for a very long while now. She just ran in my trap like she was supposed to. Stupid girl, what did you ever see in her?"

"Nothin’ that really matters," he admits and his hands move to rest on my hips carefully. He takes his time to see if I am okay with it. "Ya know, I used to be pretty superficial before you."

We get interrupted when someone walks in to get some napkins. I wait until he leaves before talking again. "I should have believed you, when you told me the truth. Sorry."

He shakes his head. "Don't apologize for something that’s my fault. I know I..."

Again the door is opened and a girl walks into the bathroom. "Good grief," he mutters and takes my hand to pull me into the store room, locking the door behind us.

I squeal, surprised when his arm comes around me to lift me up on the small counter in there. "Okay, I know that we said we would talk later but fuck that. I need to get this outta my head and every single minute that goes by while I try to figure out what to tell ya is makin' me insane. What I was about to say: I know my own behavior is the reason why ya didn't trust me. I hurt you," he says and makes a face. "Intentionally." He takes a deep breath and rests his hands on each side of the counter next to me while his brown eyes connect with mine. "I thought making you hate me would be easier for you in the end... Ya know... To forget me. I didn't want this slow and painful end for us that I was sure would happen to us after high school."

"I..." I start, "I... Don't really know what to say, sorry."

He nods, letting one hand drive through his hair. "Okay, I’ll be totally honest here, Maria. I know I have to, if there is still a chance for us. I still don't believe a long distance thing could work for us. I can't imagine seein’ ya only a few times a year, I don't want that. When you gave me that letter with your acceptation at California," he shakes his head, "I felt like crap. I knew I had screwed it up and all I could think about was your disgusted face the morning I told you I cheated on you."

"It hurt," I croak out. "It hurt like nothing else before."

"Damn, I'm so sorry, baby." He pulls me into his arms. His hand runs along my arm, over the shoulder to the back of my neck.

I know he is hurting as well right now and accusations for what he’s done won't get us anywhere. "I couldn't believe it. I mean, I’d already sensed before that you were pulling away from me, but... The possibility of cheating never even occurred to me until you said it."

He gently pushes me away from him, taking my face in both of his hands. "Believe me, there was no time, not even a small moment, where I considered such a thing. I would betray myself if I did."

His thumbs caress my cheeks softly. I can't help but lean into his touch with closed eyes. "I know I probably have no right to and I don't even deserve it, but I am asking you for a second chance, Maria," he whispers gently.

I can feel him holding his breath while he waits for my reaction. He has put himself out like never ever before, I know it was hard for him to talk to me about stuff including his feelings. My eyes flutter open as I look at him again, his hands move away from my face to rest on my thighs. "We can't go on from where we ended things," I start and my words hurt him, I can see it. I grab a hand full of his tee shirt when he starts to pull away.

"We’re gonna have to change something. First and most important, you’re gonna have to talk to me, Michael. You can't just assume all by yourself what would be better for us. We saw where that leads. I am a part of our relationship as well and if there is a decision to be made that includes both of us, then damn, Michael, talk to me. And don't come up with some shit like you did with this."

He nods dumbly, biting his lip. "Guess I've learned that lesson now."

"I know ya don't talk about emotional stuff often and I don't expect you to tell me every day that... Ya know... That you have feelings for me. But I expect you to open your mouth when you have the feeling that something’s going wrong." I look at him questioningly. "Think you can do that?"

"Gonna talk your ear off if it’s necessary to get ya back." He tells me with a small smirk, but gets serious again then and nods.

I let go of his tee shirt again when I am sure he is not pulling back anymore. "Okay, second is you have to earn my trust back, Michael. I mean, I do believe now that you wouldn't cheat on me, but still... This lie you told me destroyed something."

"I kick myself every day for that," he tells me honestly.

"Uh-huh, I can help you with this from today on," I tease to lighten up the mood a little.

He chuckles. "Promise?"

"Oh, there is one more thing," I tell him.

He lets his head hang. "Should’ve known there was gonna be a third condition."

"An' important one," I underline.

"Ya know I'd do practically anything right now," he tells me, amused, but I know he means it.

"Ya gonna have to help me to get rid of this huuuge sexual frustration that I’ve somehow built up over the last past days."

Michael smirks and uses his hands on my thighs to bring me closer towards him. "I don't think that’s gonna be a problem. We can get rid of this frustration pretty soon."

"Yeah?" I breathe.

"Sure," he nudges my face with his nose. "I've always been better with the body than the talking." He pulls away slightly to look into my eyes. "Tryin' to get better with the other thing as well now... for you."

"For us," I correct him.

"For us," he replies in a whisper against my lips, before he takes them in a hot, longing kiss.

For the first time since the last two weeks I have the feeling that everything is gonna be alright again. I grab his collar with both hands to hold him close this time. My body is moving against him, searching for more contact.

“In a rush?” He groans slightly as I brush against the bulge in his jeans.

Instead of answering, I bite his bottom lip, sucking on it playfully.

“I wish we could just go home now,” he admits huskily, his forehead resting against mine as we both gasp for air. His hands move under my tank top, leaving a trail of goosebumps on my skin. “But considering the death glares Liz and Tess have been givin’ me lately I should probably not leave ‘em alone with the cleanup in the Crashdown.”

“Yeah, you better get in with them again. They were pretty supportive of me the last few days.”

He nods. “That’s good.”

His hands don’t stop moving over my bare skin beneath the top. I groan slightly when they brush against the sides of my breasts and down my sides. I straighten up, stretching my neck to pull his mouth into another kiss. He shifts his stance while deepening the kiss, his tongue slips out to run over the edges of my teeth, before moving in deeper to caress mine.

Right now, my frustration is getting worse rather than getting better. He keeps his touches light, barely noticeable. And the fact that his fingertips wander over my legs now, up on the inside and down on the outside, only makes things worse since he’s ignoring the parts where I want so badly to be touched. “Michael,” I groan. “Ya promised different than that.” I let my palm run over his hard, denim-covered length to show him what I mean.

He chuckles, sounding a little strangled. “I said soon, just not right here and now.”

“Why not?” I pout and repeat my touch from just a moment ago.

“Stop that, baby,” he groans and takes my wrist with his hand to keep me from touching him. “It’s been a long time for me too and if ya keep doin’ this then I’m gonna have to explain a wet spot on my jeans.”

I giggle. “That would be a scene to imagine.”

He makes a face. “Ya don’t wanna put me through that, do you? I mean, I deserve some punishment, but that would embarrass me in front of everyone…”

I pretend to think about it. “Well, okay, so no touching for you. But what about me?”

“What about you?”

“Yeah, I can hide…. an orgasm, ya know?”

He snorts, but gets closer again, taking my chin between two fingers to raise it up. “I know how ya look like after an orgasm and Maria, believe me, it would be obvious to everyone.”

“Ya no fun today,” I complain, not very serious though.

“No fun, huh?” He breathes against my lips. “Well, I can’t accept that.” His hands come back to my thighs again and he spreads my legs further apart gently before they start to move upwards, his thumbs on the inside.

He shakes his head, when I start to squirm around to get his hands further upwards. “Don’t move.”

I am about to protest, when the knuckles of his curled fingers on his right hand brush against the jeans between my legs. I take in a sharp breath; my body immediately starts to react to his touch as he repeats the motion again. “Do ya know how gorgeous ya look at this moment, Maria?” he whispers, his eyes seeming to stare right into my soul.

I don’t know what to say, when my lips move, but no sound escapes them. There is nothing unusual about my look today and yet I know from his tone that he’s sincere. I am so happy in this moment, realizing that I am as special to him as he is to me. His mouth settles over mine in a tender, endearing kiss, the feeling I get from it comes from deep inside, it is pulling on my heart and seems to close some of the wounds it’s gotten lately.

“Guerin,” a fist pounding on the door interrupts us unpleasantly. “I know ya in there.”

Michael ends the kiss as gently as it began. He looks at me with a flimsy smile on his lips that still reaches his eyes. “Figured they’d come after us sooner or later.”

“Seems like,” I babble, not really knowing what he said. My mind is still clouded from the moment we just shared together. It’s not anything sexual, it’s a lot of more than just that and it feels stronger than anytime before.

“Guerin! We wanna take the pics for the yearbook, so get ya ass out here now.”

“Go,” I croak out. “They won’t leave us alone anyway.”

“What about you?”

“I guess I’ll visit the bathroom first.” I need to cool down before I face anyone again.

He nods and pulls me down from the counter. “Ya wanna make this official again? Ya know, that we’re back together?”

I frown. “Sure, why would I want to hide it?”

He shrugs with a grin. “There might be some girls out there who’re ready to kill you again.”

I snort. “Bring’em on! I’m happy to kick all their asses.”
candysteffi
Addicted Roswellian

Part 22

Post by candysteffi »

Natalie36: Thanks! Well, I am a candy to heart, I need to make them happy lol. Though it is not the end of the story yet… ;)

Novy: Thanks! They needed the talk badly.

*BLONDIE*: Hi and thanks! The storm might not be over yet…

Ellie: The story is not over yet…

PART 22

While Michael joins the others from the football team to take stupid pics for the yearbook, I decide to go to the bathroom to take in some deep breaths. The last few moments had been pretty emotional and I want to have a clear head before I face the others again. I lock the small stall behind me and sit down on the closed toilet. Remembering that I still have to tell my mom that I will spend the night at Michael's, I rummage around my bag to find my cell. "Where are you?" I mutter to myself.

The door of the bathroom is opened again and though I can't see anyone while I am in the stall, I can hear that there are two girls. They don't seem to really need to use the toilet; they’re just standing in the room talking. Probably just checking to see if their makeup was still in place, I think with an eye roll.

"What did ya give Michael for his birthday?" one girl asks. I know the voice, but not her name.

"Nothin'... Yet," the other one answers. I can easily identify her as Mary Porter. Great.

"Uh-huh, got any plans?"

"Well, he is single again, right? And he probably wants to get laid by a real woman for once."

I stare at the closed stall door with an open mouth. That little bitch!

"You've got some competition though," the other girl interrupts.

Mary snorts. "Oh please. The other girls around here aren't half as good as I am."

I think I’m gonna puke!

"What about his ex? She’s here too, isn't she?"

"At least she was, haven't seen her in a while, but why would I be worried about her?"

"I don't know, they were together for a while, right? Maybe he’s not over her yet."

"He’s Michael Guerin," Mary says matter-of-factly, "he’s not the type who cries over a girl. And surely not after someone like DeLuca. Come on, the girl has the great big nothing."

Oh, I'm gonna show her what I have!

"I heard Courtney say earlier that it would be only a matter of time until they would be back together."

"Courtney Banks? The girl is stupid, ya shouldn't believe anything she says. She went after Michael herself in the past."

She did, but she was clever enough to realize that she didn't stand a chance against me. Something that Mary Porter still has to learn, obviously.

The other girl chuckles. "I think there were plenty of girls who had a crush on him in the past, huh?"

"No doubt. Let's get back to the party," Mary suggests. "It's getting late and I should start to turn Guerin’s attention towards me."

I bite my lip painfully and wait until they leave before I leave the stall, cursing loudly about them. "Who does she think she is?"

"Who?" Liz asks when she enters the bathroom. "Here you are. So who were you talking about?"

"Mary Porter and her stupid friend. They just talked about how she’s getting laid by Michael tonight while I was in there," I point at the stall.

Liz snorts. "Yeah, sure!" She comes over to glance at herself in the mirror. "Did you talk to him?"

"Yeah."

"And? Are you two back together for good?"

I smile at my reflection. "I think we are."

"Then come on," she drags me to the door. "Show Mandy Porter where she belongs and tell her to kiss your ass."

"Oh, I will love to do this, girl," I laugh, delighted. Thank God Isabel talked me into going to this party.

Liz pushes the swinging door open for us widely as we join the party again. My eyes automatically roam over the crowd of people in the room, stopping when they find Michael. He stands next to a few other guys from the team, but he has already pinpointed me as well. A small smile plays on his lips when our eyes meet and he makes a small sign to wave me over.

"Go," Liz says, smiling when she recognizes it.

I nod and start to walk in his direction. Mandy Porter is standing only a few feet away from him. She hasn't recognized me yet. I can't wait to see her face when realization hits her.

"Hey," Michael greets me when I stop right next to him. He drapes one arm around my waist and brings me close against his side.

I lean into his touch coolly and I can't keep myself from shooting a glare in Porter's direction. She’s looking like she got hit by a car, I think, satisfied.

"Here," Michael places a glass of punch in my hand as he turns to come face to face with me. I glance around and notice that his teammates are all gone. "What took you so long?" he asks gently.

"Oh, there was an interesting show going on in the bathroom," I tell him with a cheeky grin.

"Uh-huh," he says with lifted eyebrows. "I guess I’d better not ask."

I chuckle and shake my hand. "You don't wanna know."

He pulls me closer against him, ready to kiss me, but right at that moment I have to yawn widely.

"Didn't know I’m so tiresome,” he tells me, playfully insulted.

"Sorry," I apologize, "sleep hasn't come easy lately."

He nods. "It's my fault, so I’m the one who should be sorry." His gaze sweeps over the Crashdown while his arms still holding me safely against him. "People are starting to leave. Maybe we’ll be able to go soon."

"It's okay. Enjoy your party, Michael."

I don't know what I did right in my life to deserve a woman like her. She has every right to be pissed at me for what I've done to her. I was expecting her to never talk to me again and yet she is here with me, willing to give me a second chance and even being her cool usual self, though I can see the tiredness in her eyes.

I know I have to work hard to get her trust back and be worthy of the chance she gives me to still be a part of her life.

"Seems like he finally had the guts to talk to you." Isabel suddenly appears next to us, punching my side playfully with her fist.

Maria just looks at her and smiles.

"Well, I’m just here to inform you that I won't spend the night at home, so don't look for me in the morning."

"It won't be that you’re spending the night at Alex'?" Maria asks her, amused, before I can form a sentence.

"Well..." my sister just grins.

"Seriously, with the geek?" I ask saucily, already expecting my girlfriend’s protest.

"Michael, he's not like that."

See! I grin at her with a wink. I don't have anything against the guy. He’s just not anyone that hangs out with us. But he’s nice and I’m pretty sure I won't have to worry about him hurting my sister. "Have fun then."

She waves goodbye and then disappears again to find her new subject of interest. Good for her, her last boyfriends weren’t worth mentioning. I turn my head to look at Maria, who’s still in my arms. One more time I can see how ready she is to go home by now. "Want me to take ya home? You could lay down and I'll be back after cleaning up here."

She shakes her head stubbornly and smirks. "Nah, I wanna make sure every girl in this room knows by tonight’s party's end, that you are not available."

"You don't have to worry about other girls," I tell her. I stopped caring about other females the moment we had our first real talk at a party at Niel's house.

"I know," she tells me.

Does she? I really hope so. My hand comes up to brush through her long blonde soft hair. She's so beautiful.

I really can just hope she knows how much she means to me.
candysteffi
Addicted Roswellian

Part 23

Post by candysteffi »

Novy: I am sure Michael will get to know more about the whole between them, that’s still there.

Thanks!

PART 23

The party slows down faster than expected, but there are still a few people who are not the slightest bit interested in going anytime soon, I think. I had gotten comfortable on a barstool on the counter a while back, while I try to keep my eyes open.

“I should have taken your offer to take me home earlier,” I tell Michael when he joins me after taking some empty bottles in the backroom.

“I can still do that now,” he offers.

I know he is really making an effort here to do everything to make me happy. I have the feeling he won’t really like what I am about to say. “I think I am going home, Michael.”

“Home?” he asks, frowning.

After I cooled down from our little make out season in the storage room I had started to wonder if this wasn’t all a little bit too quick. I know he had said earlier that nothing has to happen tonight, but yeah… I am pretty sure IT would happen if we were together in one bed. “Yeah, I am really tired by now…”

“I thought you were coming home with me?” he asks and stands up in front of me, his tone sad.

I sigh. “Yeah, I know, it’s just…”

“Are you regretting anything that happened in the backroom?” he asks and from the look in his eyes I can see that he is not sure if he wants to get an answer.

“No,” I say quickly. “I… I don’t regret that, Michael.”

He swallows and nods. “What is it then?”

I glance around and notice that there are still a few people around us that don’t need to get more gossip tonight, so I slip from the stool and take his hand to get him into the backroom with me.

I wait until the door falls closed behind us before I hug him tightly. His muscles are tight at first from surprise, but he quickly relaxes again and puts his arms around me as well. “What’s wrong, Maria?” he wants to know.

“Nothin,’” I assure him.

“Then why – “ he starts but I shake my head and look at him.

“I just want us to make things right,” I start. “Look we both agreed that it is not possible to just start from the point before everything went wrong.”

“Yeah, I know and I am taking all the blame for this.”

“I think it is better if I spend tonight at home, Michael. Sorry, I know I agreed to stay with you, but I just think I need to start this between us at a slower pace.” I am not sure if he understands that, hell I am not even sure I understand it, but there is just this little voice in me that tells me to not run into this blindly.

“Okay,” he says and scratches his eyebrow. I don’t think I am making any sense to him right now, but he’s not trying to convince me either. “I am walking you home then.”

“Are you mad?” I ask when once again his face was hiding his emotions.

“Just at myself,” he answers quietly.

The walk home is awfully silent. I know that he is disappointed and I feel bad for leaving him alone on his birthday. Okay, he pretended he cheat on you girl, my mind tells me but it is not helping. What he did was worse, but it can’t change what I feel in the end. “Is your family stopping by tomorrow for your birthday?” I ask to say something.

“You know it. They will probably come early in the morning and won’t leave until midnight.”

I chuckle. Yeah, his family was really that close and took every opportunity to visit each other. “Sounds about right. Will little Taylor be there too?” Taylor is the three-year-old kid who belongs to his aunt. He’s so cute that ya wanna hug and kiss him all the time.

“Sure,” he says with a small smile.

“He won’t give you a minute to breathe,” I say knowingly. The little boy loved his cousin.

“Will you be there too?” he asks quietly.

Yeah, will I be there? Good question. “I don’t know yet, Michael,” I say honestly when we stop in front if my house. “I mean, we still have a lot of things to settle first and I don’t know if a day with your family will help with this for now.”

He stared down at the ground. “I really want you to be there, M’ria,” he mumbles.

I swallow hard at his confession.

He runs his hands over his face and sighs. “Maybe I should just pretend to have a major hangover so I can hide out almost all day in my apartment and don’t have to tell everyone the story why you’re not there.”

“I will think about it,” I finally say, not wanting to decide this right now in the middle of the night and tired as hell. One night of sleeping might help me to figure out the right thing to do.

“Okay,” he looks up at me again. “You should go inside, before ya freeze,” his hands wander over my arms a few times to keep me warmer.

“Yeah and you need to get back before Tess and Liz clean up all alone.”

“Ungh yeah, no more evil glares from them, please,” he complained and pulled his hands back into his pockets. “Am I allowed to kiss you good night?”

“Of course,” I nod, feeling the familiar dizziness in my head again as soon as I can feel his breath on my skin.

His features soften with my approval and it looks like he is really relieved that I am not completely backing off from him again. Michael takes a small step towards me, his hands still shoved into his pockets. “Feels a little bit weird, like a first date,” he mumbles.

“Yeah,” I agree, glad that I am not the only one with these feelings in my stomach.

His lips close over mine in a tender move. I don’t want this moment to end anytime soon, but I know that there won’t be any stopping if I would allow my arms to move around him now.

I bet he realizes my hesitation because ends the kiss as gentle as it has started. Leaning back slightly, he pulls one hand out and uses it to brush a strand of hair out of my face that the wind had just blown there. “Guess it’s time for me to go, huh?” he asks quietly.

“Yeah,” I answer in a whisper and force a small smile that I am pretty sure looks as fake as it feels. I am doubting myself right now. Am I doing the right thing? Is it a mistake to push him away now after everything that had happened tonight? Am I doing this to pay him back for what he did to me?

Michael sighs and takes a step backwards again. “G’night,” he says quickly and turns to leave.

I wince at his hurt tone because I know he really is hurt right now and is not pretending it to make me feel bad. “Michael,” I call after him.

He stops and turns around slowly. “Yeah?”

I take a few quick steps towards him until we are once again face to face. “Sorry, I’m… I just wanna make sure ya don’t think I’m doing this to pay you back or…”

“Don’t,” he says and presses his index finger against my lips to silence me. “You don’t need to explain. You got every right to do what you’re doin’,” he assures me. “No reason to feel sorry. Not for you anyway.”

I nod dumbly and close my eyes when he leans forward to brush his lips against my forehead. “Sleep well, Maria and when ya ready to see me again,” he shrugs, “then just gimme a sign, okay?”

“Will do…” I croak out and watch him finally leaving.

“Maria?” My mom asks, surprised, when I enter the house through the back door, which would lead me directly to the kitchen.

“Mom?” I ask as surprised at her. It’s just now that I realize that the kitchen had been lit up all the time. I had been too lost in thoughts to realize it. “Why are ya still up?”

“Couldn’t sleep,” she sighs. “There are so many thoughts in my head and they won’t leave me alone for the night. So I thought maybe a tea would help.”

I frown. “Everything okay?” Had I been too much in my own little dilemma lately that I hadn’t noticed my Mom was having a hard time?

“Yeah,” she waves me off. “Just work you know. The boss wants to go a totally new way and wants us to think about new ways of running the business. He said we would get extra cash if we come up with something good,” he wiggles her eyebrows.

I chuckle. “Of course this is keeping you awake then.”

“What are you doin’ here anyway? I got a message from you a while back than you were staying with Michael…” she looks at me, testing.

“Yeah, kinda changed my mind again…”

She nods slightly. “What made you change your mind again?”

“Hell, if I know, Mom,” I tell her honestly and make a grimace.

“Tea?” She gestures to the mugs in the cupboard, which makes me smile. Even in the middle of the night my mother is willing to talk about stupid teenage relationship stuff. I love her for that.

“Yeah, why not. Bet I can’t sleep either anyway.” I wander over to the small table in our kitchen and take a seat, resting one foot on the seat of the stool.

“Did Michael bring you home? I heard you talking to someone outside.”

“Yeah, it was him,” I sigh. “You know him, he wouldn’t want me to walk home alone when it is dark.”

“And I really appreciate it,” she says and comes to the table with two mugs of tea in her hand. “So I guess the two of you talked a bit tonight?” she asks as she sits down on the opposite.

My hands wander to the hot mug and wrap around it. “Yeah, first we agreed to talk later in private, but then more confusion came up and we talked in the back of the Crashdown.

“More confusion?”

“A girl claimed to have slept with Michael. Ya know that SHE is the one he was with.”

My mom looks at me in surprise. “Oh, wow…”

I wave her off. “Turns out she did sleep with him but a very long time ago, before we even got together and she is just jealous now.”

“Bet it made you doubt at first, didn’t it?” she asks carefully.

“It did,” I agree. “I mean, I really wanna trust him, Mom, and I believe now that he really had someone else, it’s just…. I don’t know.”

“Maria,” she lays one hand on my lower arm, “believe me it is totally okay to have doubts. Especially after what Michael said to you. I am pretty sure he knows that as well.”

“He was pretty understanding, I think. He’s really hating himself for what he said, at least that’s what I feel when I look at him.”

“Is this girl the reason why you decided to stay home tonight?”

“No,” I answer, “I mean,… maybe she is part of it. It just didn’t feel right after some time thinking about it, you know. It’s all a little too much in one night.”

“Take your time, Maria.”

“Am I a bad girlfriend now, Mom?”

She takes a sip of her tea when she frowns again. “Why would you think that?”

“I don’t know. I just feel like one.” I run my hand through my hair. “I agreed to stay with him tonight. He said he doesn’t want to be alone on his birthday…. And I really wanted to be with him as well. But then I told him I think it would be better to go home. He was downplaying it, but I knew it hurt him.”

“It might have disappointed him, but he will understand. He knows that he’s the one to blame.”

I nod. “Yeah, no doubt. I just don’t want to do those things and make him feel like I’m paying him back for what he did. No matter how much he hurt me I don’t want to intentionally hurt him too. And what if deep in my mind I really want him to suffer for what he did?”

“Sweetie, the way you are feeling is only natural right now. Don’t think about this too much. You’re gonna do what you have to do and it will be the right thing. You know that other than the fact that he lied, I love Michael. Nobody can give you a guarantee for a relationship, you should just go on and see what happens.”

“You don’t think I’ve make it worse with my behaviour now?”

She smiles warmly. “No, Maria. If he really wants you back, then he’s gonna be patient with you.”

“Thanks,” I tell her with a smile. It feels good to talk about it with her. Most daughters probably won’t talk with their Moms about that. And not at around 3am in the morning.

candysteffi
Addicted Roswellian

Part 24

Post by candysteffi »

Ellie: Lol, somehow I know you would like this. :p

You are right, after what happened a relationship needs time to heal again… problem is that not all people seem to know that. Let’s see how M&M are doin’.

Novy: Maria did a big and necessary step back. Let’s see what happens on Michael’s birthday party…

Yeah, Maria and Amy have a good and close relationship.

Eva: True, but will M&M know that? Lol

Let’s see…

PART 24

The ringing of my cell rips me out of what little sleep I’ve had this past ‘night’. You can’t really call it a night, since it was already around 4:30 am when I finally managed to go home after cleaning the Crashdown up with Liz, Max, Kyle and Tess. Finally in bed, sleep hasn’t come easy. I had considered calling Maria and then decided to leave her alone for now. Then I had considered it again, and decided against it again… funny game, I can tell you.

The sun was already shining and yet I still hadn’t slept a minute. I wasn’t in the mood for getting up either since it would mean spending time with my family at a birthday breakfast before even more of the family arrives. I don’t know how it happened, but at some point I fell asleep. Finally.

I groan into the pillow, frustrated when the ringing of my phone won’t quit. My eyes are opening slowly while I get used to the bright sunlight. Already after lunch, I realize. Maybe Maria is calling? I force myself to wake up fully and grab my cell from the nightstand. It isn’t Maria. Frustration. It’s Isabel and I already know without talking to her what she wants. The cell suddenly stops ringing, but just a few seconds later it starts again.

“You know, if I don’t answer the phone after over a minute it might mean I don’t wanna talk to you,” I finally answer the call.

“Just gonna warn you that I’ll be in your apartment in a few seconds, so if ya naked then get dressed.”

I frown. “I am not naked and…”

I can hear the door swing open and just a few blinks later my sister stands in the doorframe of my bedroom. “Good morning, sweetheart.”

I look at her, puzzled while I still hold the cell to my ear. “What are you doin’…” I put the phone away. “What are you doin’ here?”

“Draggin’ your lazy ass outta bed and down to your birthday party. Michael, the whole family is waiting for you and you’d better consider yourself lucky that I could convince Mom to not send them all up here.”

I groan and fall back on my bed. “Leave me alone.”

“Um-hmm, no!”

“Isabel, why do ya have to be so complicated? I thought you love me.”

“I do and that’s why I’m not leaving.” She walks around the room and picks some clothes up, before ripping the curtains apart so that the sun can shine directly into the room now. She turns and rests her lower back on the windowsill. “So, why are you in a mood?”

“I am not in a mood, just tired,” I deny.

“It’s way past lunch, you can’t still be tired.”

“I got home at dawn.”

“You came home alone,” she states matter-of-factly.

“Yeah, thanks for that reminder,” I snap at her.

“What happened?”

“You mean besides my stupidity?” I ask her ironically, but smirk a little when she laughs at it.

“So Maria decided to spend the night at her house,” she says slowly and walks over to sit next to me on the bed. “Did she tell you why?”

I shrug. “All too fast I think. She’s still….” I shrug again, not able to put it in words.

“She’s still not sure if she can trust you again,” Isabel completes my sentence. “Hell, Michael, the stunt you pulled on her was bad, no wonder she’s having doubts now. You have to give her some time.”

“I’m trying, okay?”

“You’re lucky that she’s talking to you at all. I would have totally launched you into outer space, bro.”

I sigh deeply. “I know I don’t deserve her right now.”

She snorts. “Yeah, can’t really disagree with that. But well, she is Maria and she’s always seen the good in you, so I think she’ll come around eventually.”

“Yeah,” I mumble, hoping she’s right. I know I’m the only one to blame for all this and maybe my punishment now is to suffer while Maria tries to decide what she wants.

“So that’s why you’re avoiding seeing your family? Because she’s not here?”

“I don’t wanna answer stupid questions.”

“You can’t hide in here all day. Taylor just arrived a few minutes ago. I doubt we can keep him away from you much longer.”

I smirk at the thought of my little cousin. He’s adorable, but I bet he’s gonna ask about Maria the moment I see him. “I know. I’m just gonna take a shower first.”

“We can tell them a story, if ya want? Like Maria’s sick at home or something.”

“Mom and Dad would never play along with that,” I tell her knowingly. “Besides that they’ll find out the truth anyway.”

I wander down the hallway to the big living room in my parent’s home after I’ve had a shower, shaved and gotten dressed. From afar I can hear them all talking. Mom and Dad, Aunt Rosy and Uncle Don together with Taylor and I think my grandparents are there as well already. I’ve tried to shake the weird feeling in my chest, but I haven’t really been successful. It’s still there, just waiting for the questions about Maria as soon as they’ve hugged me and said their birthday wishes. Maybe I can just take my motorcycle and ride around all day, I wonder, but yeah, of course I can’t.

“MICHAEL!” Taylor stands in the hallway and looks at me with a bright smile on his face before he starts to run towards me.

I laugh at the boy’s enthusiasm at seeing me and crouch down to catch him in my arms. “Hey, wow, you’ve grown a lot since the last time, huh?” I ask in amusement and ruffle his hair that looks just like mine in the mornings.

“Mom says I’m already a big boy,” he says proudly and hugs his tiny arms around my neck. “Happy birthday, Mitel.”

I stand up again and take him with me in my arms. “Thanks, buddy.”

Taylor leans back to look at me. “Where’s Mia?”

Uh-huh and here it comes. Maria had tried to teach him her name like a thousand times, but for some reason, he just refused to learn it, so she was just Mia for him. “She’s not here.”

“Why?” he asks, his tone disappointed.

Yeah, why? Because I fucked everything up and she’s having a hard time trusting me again. Nothing I could tell the little man. “She has some stuff to do.”

“Will she come later?”

“I don’t know yet.” And it isn’t a lie. She said she’d think about it, right? So there’s still some hope that she’ll show up.

We walk slowly into the living room and the conversations stop abruptly when I enter the room. They all look at me for a second before they get up and throw their birthday wishes at me. I put the little man down and then I’m ripped into from all different sides for hugs and kisses. God, I love my family, but I hate to be hugged and kissed by them. It’s too much for my taste. There’s only one person in the world, who’s allowed to do that as often as she wants. Problem is, she’s not in the room.

My mom has stood back, letting everyone else throw their wishes at me. She now looks at me when the rest of the family is moving back to take their seats again and smiles softly, her eyes shimmering with tears. Tears? Why?

She walks over to me now and pulls me into a tight hug, pressing her face against my neck and mumbling her wishes to me.

I hug her back, still uncomfortable. “Mom, why’re you crying?”

She smiles when she pulls away a little and brushes her hands over her face. “Just can’t believe you’re already 18 years old and will leave us soon too.”

“I’m still here for a couple months,” I remind her.

“I know, call it smother love,” she joked.

My father joins us, smiling at my Mom to encourage her and placing a hand on my shoulder. “Happy birthday, boy.”

I nod. “Thanks, Dad.”

“Well, shall we have some cake?” My mom wipes her tears away and puts a smile on her face again when she turns to the others again.

The day is pretty sunny so we decided to have a barbecue outside since it’s warm enough to sit in our garden. I’m lying down in the hammock, which my mother wanted so badly when they built the house and bullied my father until he built it for her. It’s comfortable and it’ll be one of the things I’m gonna miss when I leave for college.

For some reason no one has asked about Maria any further and I’m starting to believe my parents must have said something to the others. My relatives are nosy, there’s no way they would just ignore the fact that Maria isn’t here.

My cell starts to buzz in my pants and I pull it out, hoping for the tenth time today that it will be a message from Maria. But no, it’s just another friend with his birthday wishes.

“Is that Mia?” Taylor shows up on my side and tries to climb up into the hammock. I reach for him to help him, carefully moving us to the middle, so we won’t fall on the ground.

“No, buddy. Wasn’t her.”

“She coming?”

I sigh and glance at my watch. It’s already past 5pm now. “I don’t know, probably not.”

“Is she mad at you?” Taylor asks bluntly.

I have to smirk at his typical kid’s innocence. “Something like that maybe, yes.”

“Then ‘pologize,” he tells me in a know-it-all tone.

“I did.”

The boy looks at me puzzled, not understanding why Maria would be still mad then. I wish I was still as clueless and carefree as he is at his age. “Don’t be sad,” he finally says and runs his tiny hand over my cheek before he wiggles around and climbs out of the hammock again to go back to the sandbox.

candysteffi
Addicted Roswellian

Part 25

Post by candysteffi »

Novy: Yeah, Michael’s family is pretty supporting and amazing, especially little Taylor, lol.

PART 25

“MIA,” the little boy practically screams at me when I enter the Guerin family’s garden. I have been sitting at home all afternoon trying to figure out whether or not to go to the party. On the one hand I didn’t want to hurt Michael by not showing up and on the other hand I didn’t want to play happy the couple when we aren’t.

I have finally decided to go. I agreed to give him another chance last night, so it would be unfair to stay away and let him suffer.

“MIA,” Taylor calls again excitedly and runs into my arms.

How many times have I tried to teach the boy my real name, but nope he totally ignores it. “Hey, Taylor,” I smile at him and hug him. “Man, you’ve grown over the last weeks, didn’t you?”

“Maria,” Darcy approaches me with a bright smile and I get up again to give her a small hug as well.

“Hey, how is it going?”

“Good, good,” she nods. “I am glad you came.”

“Yeah, me too.” And it’s not a lie. Now that I am here I really have the feeling of belonging and I wonder why it has been so hard to decide if I should go or not.

We walk to the others, who are sitting around a table. “Hey, girlfriend,” Isabel greets me with a small hug as well. “Thank God you’re here, he’s in a mood,” she whispers into my ear so only I can hear it.

I laugh quietly before I greet the others as well. Some of them seem to be a little surprised to see me. Well, I don’t know if they know anything about me and Michael or not.

Harry looks up from the grill when I walk towards him. “Hey, this smells good.”

He smiles at me warmly and wipes his hands on a towel before giving me a one-armed hug. “My favourite daughter-in-law finally arrived,” he teases.

“Your only I hope.”

He laughs. “The food will be ready soon. I hope you’re hungry.”

“Starvin’,” I admit.

“Maybe you’ll be able to stimulate my son’s appetite as well.”

“Where is he anyway?” I ask, glancing around.

He gestured to the hammock. “Over there.”

“Thanks,” I nod and slowly walk over to Michael, my knees getting weaker with every step. I know he wants me to be here, he had said it pretty clearly last night, but I am still nervous.

A small smile crosses my lips, when I hear the soft snoring from the hammock. Seems like he has fallen asleep a while back, which would explain why he hadn’t noticed my arrival yet.

I stay back there and watch him for a while, considering how to announce myself. He looks peaceful in his sleep, while his hair is totally messed up, but it’s cute that way. Not that he would appreciate being called cute, oh no, he hates that.

My eyes wander down his body. One of his hands rests on his stomach, his cell held in the curled fingers. I wonder if he had waited for any sign from me or if he had just listened to music while he had fallen asleep. An idea comes to mind and I take a few steps back behind the hammock. This way he wouldn’t see me when he wakes up. I pull my cell out of my bag and hit the speed dial button for his number.

I watch him from behind while the cell in his hands starts to buzz, the sounds of Hoobastank’s “Inside of You” can be heard. I roll my eyes, of course he still has this perverse song as MY ringtone.

He opens his eyes quickly, his body jerks at the sudden disturbance and I bite my lip to keep from laughing when he almost loses balance in the hammock and take few more steps back so he won’t hear me when I start to talk to him over the phone.

“Hey,” he says softly and I almost feel bad for hiding.

“Hey,” I answer, “how’s the party goin’?”

“Slow,” he cleared his throat from sleeping, “you just woke me up in Mom’s hammock.”

“Wow, party must be really bad then.”

“Yeah, well, don’t feel like celebrating to be honest.”

His confession almost breaks my heart and I feel the need to make him feel better. “The weather is pretty nice today…”

“True.”

“Think we could share the hammock for a while?” I ask, impatiently waiting for his answer.

“As if you have to ask,” he snorts, but I can hear the smile in his voice. “I’d be happy if you came here.”

“Mia,” Taylor suddenly appears behind me and busts my presence. “Mitel is over there,” the little boy runs to the hammock.

Seconds later Michael turns his head and looks at me, his face still sleepy. “You are so wrong for that, Mia,” he teases and shakes his head, amused.

I laugh and put my cell back before walking over to join the boys at the hammock, helping Taylor to crawl up on it. “Mia tame,” he says happily. “Now you don’t have to be sad ‘more, Mitel.”

Michael looks at me, unsure. “Yeah.”

I smile at him encouragingly, wondering if the little boy’s words were true. I place my hand over one of Michael’s while I am talking to Taylor. “How was the drive over here?” Taylor and his parents live in Las Cruces, so the family didn’t get together as much as they wanted to.

“Boooring,” the boy says. “Mama was sleeping and not playin’ wif me.”

“Why didn’t you sleep as well?” Michael pinches the boy’s side, which makes him giggle.

“Taylor,” his Mom calls from the table where the family was sitting. “Come here and leave Michael and Maria alone.”

The boy complains, but listens finally and climbs down to the ground again. “Are you stayin’ for dinner, Mia?”

I smile at him. “Yes, I will.”

He laughs and runs off to his parents. I watch him until he reaches the others before I turn to Michael again. “Do they know?” I nod to the others. It’s kinda suspicious that Rosy had called for Taylor.

He shrugs. “I didn’t tell them, but besides the little man, they didn’t ask so I think either Mom or Isabel told them something. Not sure what or how much.”

I nod, unsure what to say or to do now.

He turns his hand under mine, letting his fingers run over my palm softly. “How do we go from here?” he asks, looking at me seriously.

I look back at him helplessly. “Slow,” I whisper.

“Okay,” he agrees just as quietly and squeezes my hand he is holding. “Wanna lay down with me?”

I glance at the others on the table. “Yeah, I think there’s some time left before ya father is ready with the meat.”

Michael snorts and makes some space for me. “It takes hours with him.”

I swing my legs into the hammock and try to get comfortable next to him, which is not as easy as it looks like first. “Here,” he offers his upper arm as a pillow for me and I take his invitation and let him pull me closer towards him. “I am glad you decided to come,” he says after a while. “Isabel didn’t call you and beg or anything, right?”

I chuckle. “No.”

“Okay, God, that would be embarrassing,” he says relieved. “I considered begging though.”

“You did?”

“Yeah,” he says honestly. “Not the same without you here.”

I take his hand again and link our fingers before I turn my face to look at him. “I’m here now.”

He nods and lets his gaze wander over my face a long while. “Is it okay if I kiss you?”

I hate that we’ve reached a point where he has to ask me if kissing is okay, but I guess that’s the way it is. “Yeah,” I rasp and clear my throat. “Maybe this could be our first one again, ya know? Our first one with a new start…”

He rolls onto his side and places his hand on my hip. “A new start,” he echoes and nods before his soft mouth closes over mine tenderly. His lips are moving gently, there is no rush or fire in this kiss. It feels like a whisper and in some way also like a real first kiss. Like something that starts again from here.

It’s hard to not turn it into something passionate, but I am desperate to take this slow with him. It needs to be slow. He seems to feel that as well, since he’s not trying to make more out of this either.

“Michael, Maria, dinner is ready,” someone calls us after a while and we stop kissing and just look at each other.

He smirks down at me gently. “Michael Guerin, nice to meet you.”
candysteffi
Addicted Roswellian

Part 26

Post by candysteffi »

Ellie: I am sure he did and starting over new is probably hard for him but better than a break up.

The little boy had a bad timing huh? ;)

Novy: She is! Michael learned his lesson and is willing to work on their relationship.

PART 26

Two weeks later

“Damn thing,” I mutter and take the grasp of my locker again, pulling on it furiously but it refuses to open up. Again!

“What’s wrong?” someone asks from behind, and his breath hits my cheek softly.

I shiver at Michael’s close presence. “Damn thing is jammed again.”

He clenches his fingers into a fist and slams it against the metallic door only one time before he reaches for the grasp and pulls the locker open.

“Thanks,” I pack my books into it and shove it closed again before I turn around to meet my boyfriend’s amused face.

“You think this is funny, huh?”

“No,” he denies and leans down to brush a kiss against my lips. “You just look hot when ya getting all worked up about something that annoys you.”

“Ah, that’s why you piss me off so often,” I muse.

“I do?” he asks, surprised.

I laugh. “Just the way you always do,” I answer. He has been a pretty good boyfriend since we pushed the ‘reset’ button on our relationship. I know he wants to prove to me that he’s willing to try to work on himself for us. Well, okay, let me correct that, we’re both willing to work on ourselves.

I found out recently that one big part was missing in our earlier relationship: Conversations. Of course we had them, but not as much as you should have, I think. Michael will never be Mister Talkative of course, but we’re both learning to say out loud what bothers us and we tell each other what happened during the day when we were separated. Sometimes it helps to figure out why the other one is in a mood or whatever.

“Guess I can live with this,” he says and grasps my hand to lead the way outside of school on this sunny Friday afternoon. “Sooo, since you’re gonna ban me tomorrow night to hang out with chatterbox and mastermind…”

I elbow him. “Michael!”

He grins. “… fine, with Tess an’ Liz, think ya can squeeze in some time for me today?”

I make a face. “If the Crashdown is as busy as last Friday, then I doubt I’ll have much time left after my shift.”

“What if I tell you I convinced Tess to cover your shift?”

“You did?” I ask, surprised.

“Yes he did,” Tess finally shows up next to us. “Not sure why I agreed to it though,” she shoves Michael slightly with a wink and I wonder what this is about. “You an’ Parker will both be off, you better come up with something to pay me back. Oh, there’s Kyle,” she waves at us. “Have fun.”

“Have fun? What’re we doin’?” I ask. “Tess obviously knows about my plans for tonight.”

“Just the necessary things that I needed to tell her to take your shift,” he answers with a smirk.

“So..?”

“So…?”

I roll my eyes at him. “Tell me what we’re gonna do.”

“Nope.”

“But…” I start to complain.

“Just go home, pack in some warmer clothes for later and I’ll pick ya up in about two hours.”

“Warmer clothes,” I muse, “nothing else?”

He seems to think about it and then shakes his head. “That’s all ya need.” He shrugs, “Ya might wanna tell your mom you’ll be away for the night… That’s only if you’re okay with it?” His eyes search out mine uncertainly.

We haven’t spent a night together since our reunion. Hell, I had wanted to and I’m pretty sure he felt the same way, but we had both agreed to take it slow and that’s what we’ve been doing over the last weeks. Sure, there had been kissing and also a little touching, but other than that we had spent a lot of time together without getting too intimate.

“Sounds good,” I agree. I doubt we’re able to stay away from each other during the nights any longer anyway. It’s hard to say goodbye after watching a movie together when it’s already dark outside and I’m missing sleeping in his arms so badly every night.

He smiles, relieved I think. “I’ll pick you up soon then.”

“No hint where we’re going?”

“Nope, sorry baby.” His eyes glisten with amusement when he leans down to kiss me again, long enough to want more, but too short to really enjoy.

I stop my car in front of Maria’s house right at the time when I told her I’d be there and glance back in the backseat to make sure I had packed everything in the trunk so she can’t guess where we’re going. My cell starts to buzz when I get out of the car and I reach into my pants pockets to get it out, checking the caller ID. “Isabel,” I greet my sister. “What’s up?”

“Not much,” she replies. “I’ve got late classes, but I still have a few minutes, so I thought I’d call my little bother and ask how things are going on the Maria front?”

I chuckle. “Things are going good, I’m about to pick her up,” I tell her and lean back against the car while I face the house.

“You know, after thinking about it again, I really think you’re the luckiest man in the world that she’s still with you.”

Yeah, that’s my sister, just says straight what she thinks. “I know that.”

“Don’t fuck it up again. I love her, I want her to be my sister-in-law.”

“And I thought it’s my choice who I’m gonna marry one day,” I say, amused. “But now you’re gonna do that for me, huh?”

“I’m serious, Michael,” she warns me.

I sigh deeply. “I’m serious too, Iz. I’m not plannin’ to do anything stupid. I want her to be your sister-in-law one day as well.”

“Then tell her.”

“What? That we’re askin’ her to marry us?” I joke.

She groans at my deliberate misunderstanding of her words. “Tell her you love her, you klutz.”

Uh-huh, and there is the problem. It’s not a question of whether I love her or not, because I know I do. Getting those words out is a different thing though. I’ve tried… really, I have tried it countless times by now, but every time I want to get those words out… they just refuse to leave my throat. They’re stuck in there and it’s either swallow them down again or choke on them.

“Michael,” Isabel rips me out of my thoughts. “Tell her!”

“I will.”

“I don’t believe you.”

I groan. “I need to go, Iz.”

“Uh-huh, sure,” she snorts. “Goodbye Michael, say hi to her and just so ya know, next time I come home I will ask her if you said it.” With that she ends the call, giving me no time to say anything.

I shake my head and push the cell back in my pocket. Yeah, I know I have to say it eventually, I’m just not sure how yet.

Amy opens the door for me before I can reach out to knock. I force a smile and greet her. “Hello.” She’s a cool mom and very close to Maria, that’s why I’m nervous about seeing her. I’m pretty sure my girlfriend’s told her mother everything about me and the dilemma I caused so I’m not sure if she’s gonna say something to me about it or not.

“Hello, Michael,” she smiles at me and holds the door open. “Come in. Maria will be down in a few minutes.”

I nod. “Thanks,” and step in, feeling little trapped when she closes the door behind me and walks over to the kitchen, where she is obviously preparing a meal.

“Do you guys want to stay for dinner? I asked Maria but she said I should ask you since she doesn’t know what you have planned.”

“I’ve got dinner covered, but thanks,” I tell her.

She nods and looks at me. “I’m not gonna ask you where you two are going, I’m just gonna tell you I want her back in one piece, not pregnant and unmarried.”

I have to chuckle. “I think that won’t be a problem, Amy.” It still feels weird to call her by her first name, even if we’ve do that for a long time now.

She chuckles as well. “Yeah, I know. It was just a joke.”

While I’m waiting for Maria I lean against the doorframe and watch Amy preparing whatever meal she’s making. I feel the need to say something to her about what happened. I don’t want her to think badly of me since we’ve gotten along pretty good over the last month. But how do you tell the mother of your girlfriend something like this?

I clear my throat when the silence begins to get uncomfortable and look down at my feet. “I… I just wanna make sure that you know I didn’t mean to hurt your daughter, Amy,” I stumble.

She stops in her tracks and looks at me, surprised I think. “I know that, Michael. I don’t appreciate what you did, of course and if something like this happens again the two of us should have a serious talk, but…” she wipes a hand on a dishtowel and walks over to me. “I was a teenager once,” she smiles, “I know … long time ago. But I still remember some of the mistakes I made when I was young and didn’t know better.” She looks over my shoulder when Maria comes downstairs. “Be good to her and give her what she deserves, that’s all I’m asking for.”

“Okay,” I answer quickly before my girlfriend reaches us.

“Hey, what’re you two talking about?” she asks cheerfully and wraps her arms around my waist while she leans her body against my side. My arms come around her automatically to hold her close.

“I was just asking Michael if you will two stay for dinner,” Amy saves the moment.

“And?” Maria looks at me questioningly.

“I actually had different plans. Gotta warn you though, mine’s probably not as good as whatever she’s makin’.”

She laughs and it sounds unworried and happy. “I think I’ll love yours as well so let’s go. I can’t wait to find out what we’re doin’.”
candysteffi
Addicted Roswellian

Part 27

Post by candysteffi »

Novy: And he’s getting better. ;)

Yeah, sometimes Michael needs a little shove in the right direction. That’s when Isabel comes into play, lol.

PART 27

“Michael,” I complain and wiggle around in the passenger seat of his car. “When do I finally get to see something?”

“Soon,” he says, amused. I can feel his eyes on me to check if the scarf over my eyes is still there. “No cheating.”

“You said soon like three times before,” I grumble.

“Well, you’ve asked like every other ten seconds.”

“How soon is soon?”

“We’re there,” he replies and stops the car.

“Can I pull the scarf down?” I ask, excited that we’ve finally reached our destination.

“Not yet, baby.” I can feel his breath on my ear and giggle when his nose bumps against it a few times. “Gimme a few minutes and don’t cheat.”

“Fine,” I cross my arms over my chest, pretending to be mad. “But maybe I’m not in the mood for any surprises then anymore.”

He snorts knowingly and kisses my cheek. “Just a few minutes.” With this he opens the door and leaves. Seconds later he’s opening the trunk and fumbles around with some things, no clue what it is though. It’s tempting to just lift the little fabric a little bit, but no… he would so know later. I can’t play being surprised, he would know I’m lying.

After a few minutes I start to sing Britney Spears’ “Hit Me Baby One More Time” loudly, knowing it would drive him crazy if he hears it. He hates this song.

My loneliness is killing me (and I)
I must confess I still believe
When I’m not with you I lose my mind…

“Alright, Britney, stop that,” Michael rips the door of the passenger side open.

I laugh at his nerve-wrecked tone. “Why? Don’t ya like my voice?”

“Shut up or I’m gonna leave ya in the car all night,” he grumbles against my lips when his hands settle on my neck.

“Am I allowed to look now?”

“Yeah,” he kisses me gently before one hand wanders further up to lift the scarf from my eyes.

I blink a few times against the sunlight of the low hanging sun hits me and it takes several seconds before I can slowly take the surroundings in. “Are we at Bitter Lake?” I ask when the trees seem to be familiar but I can’t see much more yet in this position.

He smiles at me warmly. “Thought it would be nice to have our second real first date here too.”

“Did you make tuna sandwiches?” I ask, excited. I had already guessed in my mind that he was taking us here, but realizing that I was right and that he had thought about this too makes me more than happy.

“You know it,” he says winking and pulls me out of the car.

We walk down further towards the bank of the lake where he’s already spread a blanket for us on the ground. “Is that a tent?” I narrow my eyes to have a better look at something that lays next the other stuff.

“Um yeah,” he says. “Thought it would be nice to sleep out here.” He turns to stand up in front of me. “We don’t have to, if you don’t feel like camping outside. It’s just an option. I brought several sleeping bags an’ all in case we do.”

“I think I like the idea,” I agree.

“Yeah?”

“Um-hmm, normally I’m not a real camping type, but the thought of you an’ me snuggled up in a sleeping bag is tempting.”

He pulls me into a hug. “Ditto. I miss havin’ ya close, M’ria,” he admits in a whisper.

I lean my forehead against his and look at him. “Tonight, we’re going to be close again,” I promise him quietly and seal it with a kiss.

His arms around me tighten, he widens his stance and deepens the kiss. His tongue runs over my lips teasingly until I part them, giving him the opportunity to caress mine softly. The kiss is still gentle, but also passionate. We are both wanting more than this, but not yet. When air becomes an issue, we separate heavily breathing and smiling at each other. “Hungry?” he teases.

“I love your tuna sandwiches,” I say and rub my belly after eating two of them. “When will ya finally share the recipe for it?”

He grins at me and grabs me with one arm around my waist, pulling me closer towards his body until I sit right in front of him. “Never!”

I rest my back against his chest and let him wrap his arms around me fully. This way we can both enjoy the view on the lake, which is dipped in the light of dusk. “Why?”

“Because this way you’ll always stay with me. No one can make tuna sandwiches my way.” He rests his chin on my shoulder.

“Oh, so your plan is to make me addicted to your food, to keep me around like a crackhead needing his drugs.”

He laughs. “Yep, something like that.”

“Cold and calculating,” I say amused.

“Hmm, I wouldn’t call me cold,” he muses, nipping my neck playfully with his teeth.

“But rather?”

“Hot,” he answers quickly. “Totally hot.”

He so is, I think, reacting to his small kisses on my flesh. “Can I ask you something, Michael?”

He lifts his head. “Sure.”

I turn in my seat halfway and he bends his leg, putting his foot on the ground to give me an opportunity to lean against it. “What if we don’t survive in college? As a couple I mean.” I shrug. “We both know it can happen, but what then?”

He studies my face for several long seconds before trying to form a sentence. “Would you regret your choice in going there then?”

“No, I like the college. I’m good with this choice no matter if we’re together or not. Hell, it’s in California, it offers good classes… I don’t know what there is not to like.”

“Then everything should be okay if that happens.”

I nod and chew on my bottom lip. “Do you think it would be weird to still see each other all the time… with another partner maybe?” I know that Michael wouldn’t talk bad of me behind my back if we would break up for some reason, neither would I. But would it be okay to see him with a different woman?

“Think it’d be weird first, but I think it’s just about getting used to it, you know? Probably also would depend on the reason for a possible break up.” He moves his leg slightly to make me look at him. “I wouldn’t talk behind ya back, no matter if we’re together or not, you know that, right?”

“Yeah, I know.”

“Besides that, the campus is huge, baby. I doubt we’d see each other that often if we don’t want to. We have different classes at different times an’ all.”

“Right.” I look out on the lake. “Sorry, didn’t want to ruin the mood,” I say with a small smile.

He smirks. “You didn’t.”

“Can I ask you something else then?”

“I knew there was more,” he says chuckling and makes a gesture to go on.

“How will we live there? Together or separately?”

He shrugs. “I remember you telling me about how you were looking forward to having a dorky crazy roomie in college, living in a dorm and all that stuff. So if ya still wanna have that experience…”

“You remember that.”

“Against common knowledge, I do listen to you sometimes,” he teases.

“Would you be mad if I told you I would still want to do that?”

“I think I’m good with it. I already expected it.”

“What about you?” I ask. “If I live in a dorm, where would you live?”

“Probably in a small apartment on my own. Not so much the dorm type, I like my space.” He looks at me. “Getting a bigger bedroom in case ya wanna stay over though.”

“And it would give us a place to make out without interruptions,” I wiggle my eyebrows, but get serious again. “We could move in together later, when I am nerve-wracked by the dorky roommate.”

He squeezes me tighter against him and drops a kiss to my head. “Whenever ya ready, baby.”

“Are you?”

“To move in with you?”

I nod, holding my breath for his answer.

“Yeah, but don’t let that influence your decision, M’ria. Do whatever ya wanna do and I’ll still be ready later.”

God, I love him, but I can’t just say it. For some reason I think he has to be the one to say it first. Not because I’m old-fashioned or anything. It’s more that I know how much weight lays in those words and I don’t know if Michael’s able to deal with it yet. So I’m waiting for him to say them because then I’ll know he’s ready for this.

“Thanks,” I say instead and snuggle closer.

“Nothing to thank me for,” he mumbles and uses one hand to lift my chin. “I just wanted us to be close, not necessarily moving in together from the start.”

I know this is not only about our conversation right now, it’s also the explanation why the mess between us had started at all.
candysteffi
Addicted Roswellian

Part 28

Post by candysteffi »

Ellie: They definitely learned over the last weeks. ;)

Well if they will survive in college and how… that might be told in a sequel, lol.

Novy: Thanks!

I am definitely planning this sequel. I already trying to outline it in my head. :)

sarammlover: Thanks!

You made it back just in time for the final, lol.

PART 28

Thunder rolls over the sky loudly and I glance at Michael when he enters the tent, slightly wet from the starting rain outside. “Damn, it wasn’t supposed to rain an’ shit,” he mutters.

“It always happens when ya don’t need it,” I say, amused, and lean back on our sleeping bags when he climbs inside fully after kicking of his shoes.

“You think this’s funny, huh?” He crawls up to me, using his hands and lower legs on each side of me to steady himself.

“Not the weather, just your rambling,” I tell him and reach up to brush some raindrops from his face.

“You would ramble as well if you had to put all the stuff aside while it’s raining.”

“Hey, I offered help.”

“Uh-huh and when ya catch a cold I’d hear all about it,” he teases slightly and leans down to nip at my flesh. His lips brush over my bare skin tenderly, trailing a path from my collarbone over my neck to my jaw. “Did you use some crème?” He makes a smacking sound with his mouth and makes a face.

“Yeah, why?”

“Not really tasty,” he tells me with a wink.

“Well, I would say I’d go and wash it off, but I doubt that lake water tastes any better, goofy.”

He chuckles. “Probably not,” but his words get absorbed by another loud clap of thunder, followed by upcoming wind that tugs on the tent.

“I hope this tent is waterproof, boy.”

Michael makes a face. “It should be.”

“Let’s hope, huh?” I say with a grin and grab his collar, pulling him down and taking his mouth in a passionate kiss. I don’t wanna hold back anymore, I need him to touch me again.

“Getting impatient?” he mumbles against my lips while one of his hands runs along my side, shoving the shirt I am wearing up a little at the hem to caress the exposed skin under it.

“As if you aren’t,” I accuse lightly.

He chuckles. “Not denying that, Maria.” His hands moves further up under my shirt until his fingertips brush against my bra, cupping one of my still-covered breasts in his palm. “But first I got something for you.” He suddenly lets go of me again and leans back to sit on my thighs.

“You got something for me?” I ask, puzzled.

He looks at me amused. “Uh-huh.”

“What is it?” I wonder aloud. Michael isn’t the type of boyfriend who gives a lot of presents and brings flowers, so I’m really curious what he could mean.

“Nothing new at all, but…” He leans to the side to grab the small backpack he had thrown in earlier and opens it up to get something out. I can’t really see what it is though, since we’re here in the semi-dark. “… I added something to it.” I hear a soft clicking sound and suddenly remember where I heard it before.

“Is it…?” I sit up to have a better look.

“Yeah,” he chuckles and holds the small necklace out to me that I had given him back after our break up. “I was hoping you’d put it back on.”

“There are two M’s on it now,” I detect quietly when I look at it for several moments.

“There are,” he says gently.

“What do they stand for?” I ask with a smile, just as the first time when he gave it to me.

“Your choice,” he tells me just like the first time as well.

I smile. We both know what they should stand for. “Put it on my neck?” I ask and give it back to him.

“Sure,” his big hands fumble with the clasp for a few seconds before he leans forward to put the necklace on me.

As soon as the cold metal touches my skin the feeling of belonging to someone is back and stronger than it has been ever before. “Thanks. This necklace means a lot to me.” I look at Michael intensely and he stares back into my eyes before lowering his gaze to the necklace.

“That’s where it belongs,” he says gently and leans forward to kiss me. Both of his hands run over the back of my neck, his thumbs caressing my cheeks while he deepens the kiss. His tongue runs over my bottom lip, begging for entrance and getting it without a second thought. Minutes pass while we continue to kiss just like this, only breaking contact now and then to catch our breath. He pushes me back gently until we lay down again. One of his hands leaves my neck to wander down and the first buttons of my shirt spring open when he tugs on them slightly.

My body immediately reacts to his touch, shivers run down my spine while I lift my body up from the admittedly hard ground to bring us closer. From far away I can hear the wind outside still blowing and tugging on our tent slightly. Rain has started to fall harder now, the big drops can be heard when they hit the fabric that surrounds us.

“Next time, I’ll read the weather report,” he promises when thunder was once more to be heard.

“Um-hmm,” I run my hand through his hair and look up at him, enjoying the teasing smirk on his face. “We’re in a tent so what do we care less about than the weather right now?”

His smirk gets wider and he nods agreeable. “Sounds about right.”

“Because I’m smart.”

He laughs. “You’re very smart, baby. And a lot of more things.”

“Yeah? For example?”

“You gotta ask, huh?” He rolls his eyes and lets them wander down over me. “Well, first I’d say cute.” Bending his head, he places a kiss against my jaw. “An’ hot.” He continues as his lips wander further down. “An’ sexy,” his lips stop at my cleavage and he continues to caress me with his nose, bumping against my breast slightly. “And when you don’t use that crème,” he makes the smacking sound again, “I’d say tasty.”

I laugh. “You can throw it away first thing when we get home.”

“Won’t ask twice about it,” he promises and moves up again, leaving hot, open-mouthed kisses against my exposed skin. “Think I can deal with it for now.”

“Whew,” I sigh playfully. “You are such a hero.”

He suddenly looks up at me and frowns.

“What?” I ask, not sure if I said something wrong?!

“Are ya feet getting wet also or is it just me?”

I concentrate for a moment then nod. “Um, yeah, I think so.”

He rolls over from me and sits up to look at the other end of the tent. “Um, I think we’re leaking.”

I sit up as well and glance at the small puddle that is building in one corner of the tent. “Waterproof, huh?” I tease and dip my finger in the puddle to splash some water at him.

“Hey,” he complains, ducking out of the way and making a face when he lands backwards in another small puddle at the other side of the tent. “Great,” he mutters and uses the opportunity to splash some water at me as well.

I laugh and attack him, straddling his hips and force him to lie on the ground again. “You’re in an awful position considering that we’re about to drown in this tent.”

“Weird,” I tease, moving my hips slightly in his lap, “ya never complained about this before.”

His eyes are getting darker when his hands move upwards to cup my ass, squeezing it slightly and pushing me against him. “Not complaining,” he shakes his head and moves slightly under me to brush his erection against me.

I groan slightly just in time with the next roll of thunder that rattles over us, making the rain fall even more at the same time and also making the puddles in our tent grow faster. Michael uses my distraction to sit up, his hands on my back to steady me. “As much as I hate to say it,” he breathes against my lips, “I think we should get outta here.”

“No playing in the water?” I tease, moving in his lap.

He growls low in his throat. “That’s the one thing I wouldn’t complain about, but lying down wet and cold afterwards or driving home for an hour when all ya wanna do is sleep…. Both not the options I would choose.”

“Well, you have a point,” I admit. Sleeping here was really no longer an option, so we should get our things together and enjoy everything else later back at home.

He kisses me gently before moving me to the side again. “The sooner we get outta here, the sooner we get back home.”

I smirk and glance around the tent. “Let’s go then.”

He nods and grabs the zipper of the tent. “Ready to get really, really wet?”

“In more than one way,” I tease.

A/N: Next week we will reach the last part.... wow it is already almost over. Therefore we will have a longer part for the end.
candysteffi
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Make Up's and Break Up's (AU/CC/Adult) Part 28 Pg 13 3/2

Post by candysteffi »

quelbebek: Thanks! I can’t believe it is over as well, but I am planning a sequel. ;)

Ellie: I wish I could, but it’s definitely the last part. Does it help that I am working on a sequel?

Novy: Lol, no not really. But hm, maybe she had other plans for those two? ;)

Thanks!

sarammlover: I won’t say the date is canceled, not by all meanings. ;) Thanks!

A/N: Wow, the last part, here it comes..... I am a little sad that it is over, but I wanna use the opportunity to say THANKS again for all your great feedback. Since I kinda fell in love with this two here I decided to write a fic, so we will see M&M back in college. Not sure how fast I get it out though.

PART 29

We both laugh when we climb into the car about twenty minutes later, soaked from hair to feet. “Gosh, I doubt I’ve ever gotten so wet outside in a weather.”

Michael chuckles. “They you never had football training with our coach. He loves to chase us over the field in weather like this.”

“Slave driver”, I shock my head. “We should probably get out of the wet clothes, it ill take a while to get home in this weather and we will be sick tomorrow when we stay like this.”

“I won’t complain when this would mean staying in bed with you and don’t have to go to school all week”, he teases, but nods. “You are right though.” He turned on the engine to get the heating on.

Quickly I unbutton my shirt and drag the wet fabric from my arms. “Don’t stare”, I shock my head when Michael leans back to watch me instead of undressing by himself.

“But I really like the way you undress”, he says smugly and takes the wet shirt from me to place it on the backseat, before he grabs his tee shirt on the hem and brings it over his head as well.

It’s my time to watch this time and I lick my lips when his well toned upper body was to be seen in the flash of lighting. He lifts his lips to get out of his pants, reminding me that I still have to do this as well so I wiggle around to open the buttons of my jeans and start to push it down my hips. The damn wet material clinches to me like a second skin and refuses to move more than an inch now and then. “Tight jeans are really no fun when they are wet”, I mutter.

Michael chuckles and checks the heating again, before he turns to me again. “Need any help?”

“Yeah”, I get out of my shoes and turn in my seat to place my bare feet in his lap. “Can you pull?”

“Sure”, he grabs the lower hems of my jeans and pulls on them while I shove from the other side. Together we manage to get me outta there after quiet a while. “Whew”, I mutter and pull my legs towards me again, turning to kneel on the seat so I can place my wet clothes on the backseat as well.

“Hey”, I complain, when Michael smacks my ass playfully. “Not nice.”

“Damn, you wear this black underwear.”

I grin, knowing he liked this one the most had that’s why I had put it on tonight. “What are you doin’?” I ask when his hand moves down the back of my thigh and then upwards again on the very inside.

“I don’t know what you mean”, he tells me innocently right in the same moment when he reaches the most sensitive part of my body. His palm is still on the side of my inner thigh, but he uses his index finger to brush slightly against the fabric of my underwear. “Did your panties gotten wet as well?” He teases smugly, before removing his hand again.

I sigh frustrated and turn to sit back down again. “Bastard”, I stuck my tongue out at him. He can’t hide his own affection very well though, since his boxers weren’t made to hide anything. “You only gotta torture yourself with this teasing.”

“Yeah I know, but at least this way I am not the only one who is frustrated.”

“I am not frustrated”, I deny.

“No?” He asks. “Why are you pressing your legs together then the way you do?”

Damn it, he really can read my body language much better than my real words. “That’s just because I am cold.”

“U-huh”, he says, not believing one word of it, but this doesn’t hold him back from turning around and getting a blanket out if his backpack that had managed to stay dry in there. “Here, wrap yourself up in this.”

We already drove about 30 minutes by now, but the rain is making it hard to see anything, so we are still not home anytime soon. My frustration had grown huge by now, I really wish we would be home already. The bumpy highway doesn’t make it any better to be honest. I glance at Michael, he is slouched down in the seat, his gaze focused on the street outside. His features get lighten by the flashes outside now and then, there are still some water drops in his hair than run down over his face, neck and chest now and then. His breathing seems to be calm, which is pretty annoying, why isn’t he just as aroused as I am?

I turn in my seat slightly, pretending to get more comfortable, but placing my feet onto his right bar thigh. “Whatcha doin’?” He asks surprised, looking at me for a second before concentrating on the highway again.

“Nothin’”, I reply innocently. “Just warming up my feet.”

“Weird, they don’t feel really cold to me at all”, he says amused. “Not colder than my thigh at least.”

“You’re right”, I agree, “maybe I should look for a better place to warm ‘em up huh?” I ask and slip my left food further towards him, using my big toe to brush against his length. He`s immediately getting harder again.

“Don’t tease a man in the driver seat”, he warns me with a wink.

“No? Why?” I ask, repeating my action, what makes him squirm in his seat slightly. I grin amused at his reaction. Yeah, that is more like it.

“Because he might drive right into the next tree.”

I look up and out in the darkness, a flash lightens up the surroundings and I can see Roswell is only a few more miles away. “No tree there far and wide, Michael.” My foot brushes against him again, more fully now.

One of his hands leaves the steering wheel and cups my foot, holding it still. “Not the point”, he tells me breathlessly. “You are going into dangerous territory.”

“Just making sure the heat is still on”, I tease.

“You gotta have to make sure?” He asks, playfully hurt.

I sit upright again and pull my feet away from him, since the position is getting uncomfortable. “Well…”

He glances down at himself and his boxers that showed off his hard-on. “Believe me, M’ria, he’s pretty much aware of you being around almost naked.

“I am hard to ignore”, I agree, letting my left hand slip there where my feet had been a moment earlier, when he concentrates on driving again.

He takes in a hard breath when my fingernails ran up his boxers cover length painfully slow. “Maria…”

“What?” I whisper, wander back to his thigh. My fingers slip under the material of his underwear, slowly wandering to their destiny before I take him in my hand fully.

He groans and shifts in his seat to give me better access. “Keep doing this and I am gonna crash my car.”

I get even more turned on by his thick voice and start to stroke him slowly. “Then you’d better stop, huh?”

I can see him frowning shortly, while his brain runs over my words at him. He glances down to meet my eyes and I smile with a nod. Michael doesn’t need any more word and pulls the car over away from the highway until it comes to a stop. He places one hand over mine to still my movements, his breath heavily and in spurts. “Come over here”, he orders gently.

I withdraw my hand and shove the blanket, which is covering my body, aside, before climbing over to his seat and straddling him. His lips crash to mine, when our lower bodies come into contact, rubbing against each other.

He breaks the kiss breathlessly, looking at me while his big hands wander over my upper body. They bush against the side of my breasts before he grabs them fully. I throw my head back into my neck and moan, using my hands on his thighs to steady myself. With one quick move he brings his seat as far away from the steering wheel as possible, to give up more room to move. “Ya know…”, he stars while his gaze roams over my body in front of him, “I kinda wanted our second first time a little bit more…”

“Romantic?”

“Hm, I was going more for memorable”, he says smirking.

“What’s not memorable about this one?” I ask, leaning my forehead against his. “We are both almost naked in a car after getting totally soaked outside at our second first date… I doubt I will ever forget about this… Besides, we can do slow and all the other stuff when we are back home.” I kiss him shortly with an open mouth. “Right now, I don’t think I can hold back much longer, Michael.”

“God, is there any woman more perfect than you are?”

“Probably not”, I admit cheeky.

He nods in agreement, his hands wander up my back to open the clasp my bra with a talented move. Gently, he brushes the straps from my arms and the thing flies to the passenger seat. He bends to the side to take the blanket I had abandoned earlier and folds it a few times before shoving it behind me and the steering wheel. “Lean back against it”, he tells me and I do it without questioning it. His hands grab my wrists and pull my arms to my sides. “Don’t move ‘em.”

Michael looks at me for several long moment without touching me, before his hands finally moved to caress my now exposed breast. I feel the urge to touch him as well, but as soon as I move one of my arms, he shocks his head. “Not moving yet.”

“Michael”, I complain.

He ignores it and continues his staring and touching. One of his hands comes to rest on hip, his grip is getting more firmly, when his second hand moved downwards on my stomach, painfully slowly, until it stops right over my still covered mound.

I try to move against him when he isn’t doing anything with his hand that would take the pressure from me, but the hand that rests on my side holds me still. It only takes another few seconds before my frustration grows to much to ignore and I move my arm to place one hand over his, pressing it against me.

He laughs slightly, I can hear his own arousal clearly in it. “You’re playing against the rules baby,” he whispers, brushing my hand off again.

“I didn’t make those fuckin’ rules”, I grumble.

“Don’t trust me with knowing what to do with you?”

“It’s not about the what or how, it’s about the WHEN.”

“What about now?” He hushes, the knuckles of the backside of his fingers brush against me. Slightly first and then with more pressure.

My hips jerk at his touch and this time he isn’t holding me back with his other hand. He turned his hand around, using his fingers to rub against my soaked panties, while his palm cups my mound, adding more pressure. “You can move your hands again”, he whispers in my ear before he kisses me passionately.

I don’t have to be told twice. One of my arms comes around his neck, while I use the other to get in between us as well. My hand grabs the hem up his boxers, pulling it away and slipping inside to stroke him. He moans loudly into my mouth and quickly makes me stop again. “If you keep going it’s gonna be over to soon, baby. I don’t need much more that a few strokes anymore.”

I withdrawing my hand again. “We shouldn’t waist anymore time then, huh?”

He looks at me intensely and nods. “You are so beautiful, Maria.” His words sink into me and make my heart clench in longing for him. “Get up a little.”

“Okay”, I steady myself on my knees and lower legs, when I lift myself up from his lap, giving him more room to act. He squeezed his hand that is still between my legs, making me moan and rock against it. His fingertips trace along of the edge of the fabric and I wait in anticipation until he shoves it to the side to really touch me.

“You’re so wet”, he whispers and stretches his neck to kiss me a brief moment until settling back. His gaze wanders down to his hand that is caressing me, his features turn fascinated while he watches me moving against him.

I take a sharp breath when he slips a finger inside my wet entrance, pushing it in and out a few times before adding a second one. “Oh God”, I moan, my hands grab his thighs behind me, while I push my lower body down onto his fingers. “This feels so good”, I babble, realizing that my orgasm is already building.

“Michael”, I look at him and pull myself together, squeezing my legs together to stop his movement.

“What is it, baby?” He asks turned on.

My hands tug on his boxers. “Help me with it”, I tell him and wait until he retracts both hands off of me to use them to push him up long enough for me to slip the boxer down at his thighs.

I stare down at him aroused, using my fingernails to brush up against him. His hips bug in respond to my touch. “Wasn’t kidding earlier, baby. I don’t need much today. It’s been to long.”

“Don’t worry about it”, I assure him gently, wrapping my arms around his neck while I direct my lower body right above him. The tip of his erection brushes against my wet folds and we both have to moan in respond to that.

“Put your arms around me”, I order and he does it without a second thought. His big warm hands rest flat on my back, while I start to move again, letting his hard-on brush against my clit for several times until the temptation becomes too much. Our eyes lock in the moment I sink down on him, either of us is fighting the urge to close them.

“No need to hold back today”, I tell him gently. “I am close as well.”

“Okay”, he whispers and moved his arms around me tighter to push me down fully.

I moan uncontrollably at the feeling of him inside me and it’s only getting louder when he starts to role his hips against me, while he both of his hands on my hips to push down, knowing this way he would also come in contact with my clit.

We keep moving like this, his lips trail a part of wet open mouthed kisses from my neck to my cleavage until he sucks one of my nipples into his mouth. “Michael”, I breath, my fingers tangle with his damp hair, squeezing it to get his attention.

He looks up at me heavily panting and he nods slightly, when he understands the meaning of my looks without asking about it. His hands on my hips clench in responds, steadying my movements against him and make them more intense. He kisses me breathlessly before he leans his forehead against mine. Both of our eyes clothes this time when we hold onto each other tightly within the last seconds before we come.

“Maria”, he pants my name, his arms close around me and his head falls down to rest on my shoulder. He bits my flesh there softly when the waves of our orgasms slowly fade.

“Hey sleepyhead”, Michael’s soft voice brings me out of my daze again and I look up from where I was snuggled against his shoulder.

“Are we home?” I mumble tiredly.

“Yes we are. At my place if that’s okay?”

“Of course”, I stretch as much as the blanket around me allows it.

“Why don’t ya go in already and turn on the shower? We need to clean up before we go to bed.”

“And what are you doin?”

“I am just putting our wet stuff away to let it dry and then I will join you.”

“Okay, I will wait for you inside”, with a quick kiss I climb out of the car and walk up the few steps that lead to his apartment over the garage. I am really feeling tired by now, even if it is not really late at all. But the sex has worn me out.

I smile at the memory of it. Oh yeah, it is memorable! The bathroom is already comfortably warm and I drop the blanket on the ground and walk up to the shower to turn the water on.

While I wait for the water to get warm, I take a look in the mirror and make a face at myself. Okay, my hair was really looking like it hadn’t been washed in weeks right now. And the mascara I had used earlier was not in the right place at all anymore. Well, at least in isn’t all over my face.

My gaze wanders lower and I smile at the necklace, which rests on my neck again. Two M’s now, I think and reach out to take the little letters between my fingers. I frown when my sensitive fingertips came in contact with something rough on the backside of one letter. What is this, I wonder and turn it around, but I can’t see anything in the mirror and the chain is to small to have a look at it when I glance down.

I decide to leave it alone, but only a second later I get curious again, so I open up the clasp behind my neck and take the necklace from me to inspect it. It looks like an imprint of something, I realize and narrow my eyes, but it is still to tiny to read it. Damn, I reach out to turn the much brighter light of the mirror cabinet on and then try it again.

My heart stops pounding for a few seconds when I think I know what there is imprinted. I read it again to make sure, then turn it in my hand and look at it from a different ankle.

Yeah, there it is, I think and look at myself in the mirror, smiling goofily, before my eyes are torn back at the tiny M’s in my hand and my fingertip brushes over the words on one of them.

I love you.

EPILOGE

I know you guys still think I should be the luckiest man in the word to call myself the boyfriend of Maria DeLuca. And believe me when I say: I KNOW THAT!

I know it was a silly… crazy… awful… terrible asshole to her, but just because I didn’t know any better. Lame excuse I know, but I think I have learned my lesson.

You wanna know what I leaned? Okay let’s see…

I’ve learned that my Dad still needs hours to make a good steak. I’ve learned that one of my best friends can throw awfully painful punches… I’ve learned that…. That’s not really what ya wanted to hear, huh?

Okay again.

I’ve learned that throwing a birthday party without Maria sucks!

I’ve learned that sleeping alone every night in a large bed sucks!

I’ve learned that having Maria not in my life sucks big time!

I’ve learned that there is no guarantee in life or relationships, but if you run away from your problems instead of facing them, you will only make it worse. Sure, it’s easier to turn away from your worries and quit on your relationship, but it won’t make you happy in the end…. It will just make you lonely.

I don’t know what the future holds for me an’ her. Will we get married on day? Will we have kids? Will we even make it through college together? Hell, I don’t know. We will both meet a lot of new people in our life, we will make different experiences and it has yet to be seen how this will affect US.

I’ve got one target in the near future and that is actually telling her that I love her. That’s a big step and that’s as far as I think right now.

You should think for someone like me… a son of an intact happy family, it shouldn’t be that hard to say those words right?

Well, you couldn’t be more wrong. It is ESPECIALLY hard for me. I always thought my parents were happy ever after, never disagree, never fight… But what I also leaned: This is not true.

They had their problems in the past, they do disagree, but the point is and that makes the big difference in my opinion: They talk about it and they don’t run from there differences, they deal with it.

It’s something I still gotta learn. I don’t wanna tell her I love her and then don’t be able to make our relationship work. Happiness is not something that is a given, you have to work hard for it.

I make the promise I will. For her and for us.
Life is just a mirror, and what you see out there, you must first see inside of you.
(Wally ‘Famous’ Amos)

THE END