A Best Friend's Love (AU, M/L, Adult) 8/1/10 Complete

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Dreamer4life
Enthusiastic Roswellian

A Best Friend's Love (AU, M/L, Adult) 8/1/10 Complete

Post by Dreamer4life »

Title: A best friends love

Author: Nicole

Category: AU M/L

Rating: MATURE

Disclaimer: This story is a work of fiction. Any references names, characters, places, and incidents are the product of the author's imagination.

The characters of Roswell belong to Twentieth Century Fox Corporation, Jason Katims, , Regency Entertainment, and Monarchy B.V.

Summary:
Liz is an ordinary girl who is just in love with her unattainable best friend max. A story of heartbreak and love and lifes obstacles
Liz POV

Author's note: This is my first fanfiction i never planned on writing one until i was inspired by a personal experience and through a poem i wrote.

DREAMER 19 DID THIS AMAZING BANNER, VERY TALENTED ARTIST I THINK THANKS DREAMER19

Chapter 1:

(2009)

"Goodbye max"
I looked into his eyes which felt like the last time, in my heart I knew this is what I had to do. I had to tell him that I couldn’t continue to lie and hide what I felt and with knowing he would never feel the same I had to cut off all ties. Four years of heartbreak, continuous pain and the sad thing is he never knew until now.

4 years before:(2005)
My eyes scanned the hallway before settling upon him. Max high school star athlete, stunning in very shape and form, his muscles defined and his voice deep and sensual and most of all my, Liz parker’s best friend.

He stands over her, talking softly into her ear and pushing her hair from her face, she’s smiling at him with her perfect white teeth and her blonde hair falling into her face as she shakes her head. Tess is the high school cheerleading captain, president of every club, all around perfect , my sister and Max’s girlfriend of a year. They define the term perfect high school sweethearts.

He looks up from Tess and his eyes meet mine he smiles at me like every morning, to the point where u can see the perfect dimples in his cheeks.

“Liz, come here” he voice booms through the hallway.

I drag myself to his side and feel the fimilar heat come to my cheeks and plaster on a fake smile which I do every morning when she is around.

“Well Lizzy isn’t someone looking pretty this morning” max says with smiling eyes.

“Yeah because no makeup and un brushed hair is so in fashion” Tess replies for me in a sarcastic tone with an eye roll.

I glance down at my usual outfit for school black skinny leg jeans and an ACDC shirt. My appearance has never really been an issue for me, until max started dating my perfect sister.

I choose to ignore her sarcastic response “max I’m heading to bio I’ll see you in there” I turn myself and head for the familiar door and my safe haven, the biology lab.

I spot him walk in and the familiar smell that i can never put my finger on hits me as he places himself beside me like he has since we began high school i glance up and i automatically spot his swollen red lips and Max looks at me with a smile.

“ignoring me today are we parker?”

“no im just tired this morning i got kept up all night” and finish with a yawn

“yeah sorry bout that i told her to quiet down” he joked not knowing that with every word he was slowly breaking my heart

Thats all i have so far tell me if i should continue :D :D :D
Last edited by Dreamer4life on Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:05 am, edited 17 times in total.
Dreamer4life
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: A Best Friend's Love (AU, M/L, Adult) 5/12/09 Chpt 2

Post by Dreamer4life »

Chapter 2
2003 (party) 15 years old

I could barely see I could make out the silhouette of max’s body but I could smell his own unique scent and feel his warm skin.

“Have u ever kissed anyone before Liz?” his warm breath fell on my lips

“Sure I have” I say hesitantly I know without even seeing him he is doubting me and probably raising his eyebrow at me

I knew I shouldn’t have come to this stupid party but of course I listened to my friend Maria and look where it got me stuck in a closet with my best friend for seven minutes in heaven and we will probably be the centre of gossip tomorrow at school.

“ okay so I haven’t and I don’t want to hear any teasing about it either max cause it’s not my fault, honestly, just no one in this hell hole of a school is attracted to me that way and they all think of my as geeky Liz Parker who.....”

My voice is cut off with warm lips, I don’t know what to do I have never experienced this before. I go with whets natural obviously max has done this before. I feel his tongue tease my upper lip and he nibbles on my lower. I feel my heart skip quicker this isn’t what I’m meant to feel, not towards max his best friend, the guy who I grew up with, anyone but him.

“Max what are you doing?” I’m shocked I say so quietly I’m not even sure he can hear me. I try and focus on his eyes when the door suddenly swings open and he quickly walks out. I hear the whistle as I walk out and I sit back down in my spot in the circle of people playing.

(2004) 16 years old

It has been a year since max kissed me and he never talked about it and I certainly wasn’t going to bring it up I could afford to lose our friendship it would kill me to lose him. I haven’t spoken to him in months has been on vacation with family.

I ran down the stair as I hear the door bell ring

“I’ll get it!!” I ran towards the door and open it quickly to beat the housekeeper.

I take in the boy I see before me his grown since I saw him last. His body grown inches and his muscles more defined and His dark hair slightly longer now falls softly into his face as his eyes reach mine.

“Hey parker how have you been?” he speaks for the first time in three months

“How have I been? How do u think I have been I haven’t heard from you I receive one postcard in the mail and that’s it” my tone laced with sarcasm

“I’m sorry Lizzy i have been busy, I come to see you actually threes something I need to talk to you about” His eyes aren’t shining like usual I know something isn’t right.

“Baby I have been trying to get hold of you I missed you this week” I turn to see Tess gliding down the stairs as she throws herself into his arms and kisses him roughly.

I feel the air rush out of my lungs and a sharp pain in my heart because this is the day I know I have fallen in love my best friend.
Dreamer4life
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: A Best Friend's Love (AU, M/L, Adult) 5/12/09 Chpt 3

Post by Dreamer4life »

Chapter 3
2004 16 years old continued
“ Max i need to talk to you “ his eyes meet mine again full of guilt “ALONE”

I drag him up the stairs towards my room. I slam the door behind me the windows shake with the force.
“Is there something you need to tell me, now would be a good time” my voice laced with anger

“ Look Liz I’m sorry i was on vacation and she was in the next town over , i saw her and we got talking. I just fell Lizzy, she’s not a bad person like i always thought she was”

“ But my sister of all the people of you to start a relationship with you pick her. Tess is manipulative don’t forget that”

“Come on Liz don’t be like that I’m sorry. Don’t you want me to be happy she makes me happy”

He moves closer and pulls me into a hug, he hold tight and I close my eyes and listen to his heart beat slowly and i feel the warmth of his body “of course max your happiest means everything to me" and my anger fades

2005 17 years old

One year of constant pain of seeing my best friend and my sister together and it seems the pain doesn’t lessen like i thought it would eventually. I meet his gaze as sits across from me, seeming like he is talking hundred miles an hour about Tess and their relationship.

“ She is really good for me Liz, im really happy and i think I’m in love” he whispers quickly

I can feel the tears come to my eyes “max if you excuse me i have to go see someone”

I get up quickly and go to the bathroom i close the cubicle door behind me and dab my eyes, he will never see me cry, not over this.

“ He just there you know, don’t get me wrong max is great in bed but Kyle knows how to do it like i like” I can hear Tess’s voice echo through the bathroom

“Why date max then?” Pam says with no concern in her voice at all
“ His fun, and his there plus he helps make Kyle jealous and Liz gets irrated so its an added bonus” Tess’s voice holds no remorse or concern.

I wonder at times throughout my life how i could ever share the same blood with her and this is one of those times. I know i have to tell Max but i don’t know how i can tell him that his precious girlfriend that he just confessed to me his in love with is cheating on him and probably doesn’t care for him at all
Dreamer4life
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: A Best Friend's Love (AU, M/L, Adult) 6/12/09 Chpt 4

Post by Dreamer4life »

Thanks for the feedback everyone im really glad you all like it so far. :)

Chapter 4: (2005 still 17 years old)

My heart is telling me i have to tell Max, i have to tell him that Tess is sleeping with Kyle behind his back and my head is telling me, will he believe me and what will he do when i tell him. I cant look into his eyes and lie not even for my sister. This is the boy i grew up with, the boy who looked after me when i was 12 and was sick and this is the boy who is growing up to be quite the man.

My eyes scan the crowded hallway for the one person i know i can ask and will be straight foward with me i know Maria will be honest and know what to do in this situation. Her voice reaches me before she does. Her vibrant, colourful clothes stand out from the crowd, she barges past the crowd of people until she reaches me

“i have been looking for you everywhere, where did you go?” her green eyes scan my face, Maria has always been good at reading people.

“Can we go somewhere and talk Maria i need to ask for your advice?” without waiting for an answer i drag her towards the empty band room.

“ max confessed to being in love with Tess, Maria and i was in the bath room and she was in there talking to Pam and bragging how she has been sleeping with Kyle . What do i do Maria i haven’t been in this situation before” my eyes search hers for reassurance.

“ Well Lizzy neither can i but i can tell you what i would do. Listen to your heart it has never lead you in the wrong direction before”

“thanks maria”

I turn my back and ran out the doors i need to tell max, im not sure how he is going to react but i know this is the right thing.

He was standing by his car, obviously waiting for Tess to finish her last class. He smiles at me at me when he spots me walking hurrly towards him and his smile dropped when he saw the look on my face. He reached out and grabbed my shoulders with a soft force

“What is going on Liz?”

“ Theres something i need you to know about Tess. When i was in the bathrooms during lunch i over heard her conversation with Pam about your relationship. She told Pam she has been sleeping with Kyle. I am so sorry Max, i know you wanted this to work out” I search his eyes for anything, some flicker of emotion.

“ Liz, im sorry if i haven’t been around much this past year but theres no need to lie” his voiced was laced with concern and anger.

“ Max i swear i heard her say it”

“MAX!!” i turn my head to see Tess running toward Max at full speed and grabs his face roughly and starts to make out with him. I turn my head this is not something need to see.

“Come on baby lets go” Tess says and quickly turns and gives me a sinister smile as max lead her towards the car.

Maybe i should of went with my head this time.
Dreamer4life
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: A Best Friend's Love (AU, M/L, Adult) 6/12/09 Chpt 5

Post by Dreamer4life »

Thanks for the feedback. Feedback inspires me so keep it coming with your ideas
:D

Chapter 5:

1am the bright, annoying digits read on the clock beside me on the table as i hear tapping on my window. I drag myself out of my warm bed and try and block out the pain in my head as i open the window i am meet with Max’s face staring back at me, his hair tousled and his eyes red and puffy.

Max climbs in without an invitation. I mean he has never needed one before but he has never doubted me before yesterday after noon either

“ Liz you were right, i went to confront her over it, i found her having sex with Kyle in the back seat of his car” his voice was soft, almost childlike.

I didn’t say anything, i had nothing to say at this point.

“ Liz come on, im sorry i didn’t believe you at first but i do now, im sorry, its just the first time i have had a girlfriend and i wanted it to work, you forgive me right?” his eyes were pleading for an answer.

He walks slowly towards me, ready to apologise again and i stop his movement by placed my arm out and rest my palm in the centre of his chest. What i would give to have his arms around me and be in his tight embrace but at the moment my heart is telling me this is the right thing to do

“Max i need time, if you value our friendship at all, you will give me this, i don’t want to lose you but you accused me of lying, your own best friend. If this friendship is to survive you will give me space” my voice quivers with emotion as i take a step backwards.

Max backs up and heads towards the window in which he came and turns quickly “ Ill be here whenever you ready” and leans down and kisses the top of my head softly. He climbs back through the window and i watch him climb down the ladder at the side of my balcony.

i slam the window shut behind him and slide down the wall, allowing the tears to fall down my face. I am not sure how long i can continue this way with him.

(2008) 20 years old

“Liz wake up come on i cooked breakfast and everything” I can feel him pulling on my shoulder trying to wake me from my sleep

“Fuck off max im not in the mood i had a long night at the bar, cause someone didn’t turn up to their shift” i give him a evil glare and grab my pillow and shove it over my head.

I feel the bed dip and a heavy weight on my torso, pinning me to my mattress.

“Max what are you....” i am cut off by a trail of slow kisses working their way up my throat until he reaches my half opened mouth he pulls my bottom lip between his teeth softly and into his mouth.
Before i even have the chance to enjoy his kiss the weight is lifted and he walks out of the room.

“Breakfast is getting cold, move it”

I am left stunned , why the hell did my best friend just kiss me.
Dreamer4life
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: A Best Friend's Love (AU, M/L, Adult) 7/12/09 Chpt 6

Post by Dreamer4life »

Thanks for the feedback guys i really am thankful and happy you's like it so far. Im trying to do a chapter a day so i hope it goes good. :)

Chapter 6:
(2008) 20 years old still
I jump out of bed and head towards the kitchen. Max and i had lived together since leaving high school but we lived in a purely platonic way. He had his own room and so did i and until this morning he had kissed me, well not like that, he goes on multiple dates throughout the week when im usually home studying. I sit at the table while he is placing pancakes on my plate in front of me and he is wearing his usual smile and just track pants revealing his defined body and toned biceps, which tense as he walks to sit in front of me. He grabs the morning paper sitting in the middle of the table saying nothing as he sips his coffee.
“Max what the hell was the kiss about” He looks up from his paper
“ It was nothing, i got bored and you wouldn’t get up i thought i would give you a little motivation” he takes another sip of his coffee and looks back down at his paper
“ Oh you were bored, more like horny and since there are no other women living here you decided to attack me” My voice is quivering as i look for him for an answer.
“ Ok thats what it was” he rises from the table and puts his plate in the sink. He heads towards the bathroom “Im going for a shower” and closes the bathroom door behind him.
Leaving me incredibly frustrated and confused.
What the hell is going on

(2005) 17 years old
His eyes are following me, im glad he agreed to give me time. Its been three weeks and i have yet to talk to him, he can suffer for all i care.

im not wearing my usual attire today. Im wearing a bright red summer dress as the heat outside is unbearable. The whistles in the hallway are being ignored

“ Liz looking good” Kyle struts up beside me with his confident smile wavering as i give him one back.

“ Fuck off Kyle unless you don’t want to keep that face of your free of bruises” I continue to walk he obviously doesn’t get the hint.

“Come out with me on Friday night i promise no funny business” i raise my eyebrow in slight hesitation. I glance behind me to see Max’s eyes following my every movement

“Sure why not pick me up at 6” If max wants to be an ass when i tried to be a good friend then he can suffer the consequences.

(Later that day)

Im watching the clock as the doorbell chimes i can see the outline of a man standing there through the door glass. Kyle is running late, im open the door and im about to tell him to fuck off when i see Max standing there his face full of distress.

“what happened to giving me time max?” im trying to back way when he steps forward and corners me near the wall. His body is tense and im surrounded my his unique scent, a few weeks ago i would have given anything to be in this position.

“ I was planning on giving you as much time as possible but then i hear that you are going on a date with fucking Kyle of all people, is this true liz?” his eyes were full of anger and betrayal

“ I can date whomever i want, so back off” i try to let him not hear the quiver in my voice when the door behind us opens, revealing Kyle in his usual clothing of his varsity jacket and jeans. I slide out from beneath Max’s arm and walk towards Kyle.

“Lets go, this better be good” I don’t even bother to turn to look towards Max knowing if i did i wouldn’t be able to leave and i would forgive him for his lack of trust in me.
Dreamer4life
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: A Best Friend's Love (AU, M/L, Adult) 7/12/09 Chpt 7

Post by Dreamer4life »

Chapter 7:

I haven’t said a word since Kyle basically shoved me in his car, but he continues to chat away about basketball and i occasionally nod to pretend I’m listening.

“ Kyle what the fuck are we doing here? You said no funny business” I say as he pulls into his driveway
He gets out of the car slowly and opens my door

“ i forgot something come on” i walk hesitantly into his house as its pitch black until he turns on the lights and im meet with Tess’s blue eyes and hard gaze.

“so Lizzy your the bitch who told Max about me sleeping with Kyle behind his back” she walks forward. I look to Kyle who is sitting on the couch just watching the game as he ignores me and Tess like we aren’t even there.

“ If you didn’t sleep around i wouldn’t have had anything to tell Max, how hard is it to be faithful, but then again this is you Tess i am talking to” My voice is laced with sarcasm and anger.

Tess walks forward and before i can even blink i have a sharp pain in my cheek and i am left with a angry, red handprint on my cheek.

“what i do and who i do it with is none of your fucking concern” she smiles and places herself on Kyle’s lap .

“ You can go now. i mean you didn’t honestly think Kyle wanted to date you, just look at you, your ugly, plain and flat chested no one will ever want you and by the way don’t think i don’t know why you told Max, how long are you going to have this stupid crush for him, he will never want you, you have been friends this long if he didn’t want you back then, then he certainly doesn’t want you now” she laughs, while pulling Kyle into a kiss.

I turn and run out the door. I can feel the tears rolling down my face as i reach for my phone and dial the one number i seem to know by heart.

“ Max can you come get me i didn’t know who else to call” i cry into the phone.

The car ride is silent; i don’t even know what to say, how could i allow myself to get into this situation. I get out of the car and run towards my room and let the tears fall and let myself into Max’s warm embrace as he climbs into the bed beside me. He just holds me and listens, not saying a word as i cry and tell him what happened and i finally say the words he has wanted to hear

“ i forgive you Max”

(2006 ) 18 years old

“Can you believe it Max we finally have an apartment” i look at him as he looks around the small studio apartment. He smiles at me and for a second it seems like i forget to breathe

“ You picked good Liz, its great ,i knew i could rely on you this is just what we needed” he walks towards me and throws his arms around me and he fills me with warmth.
He pulls away and just stares at me “ what max do i have something on my face” i say nervously

“ No its perfect” he smiles and starts to lean forward when we both turn our heads at the loud knock on the door.
“ Oh i almost forgot i have a date with Julie” he grabs his leather jacket from the table and opens the door to a beautiful red head with the face and body like a super model , her face lights up with a perfect smile and he pulls her in for the same hug he gave me moments before and throws his arm around her

”don’t wait up Liz” he turns and shuts the door behind him and im left with an empty apartment but i am used to these types of girls showing up for dates with him so i turn and pick up a box labelled room and head towards my room.

Max has left my four post timber bed in the middle of the room. I place the heavy box on the bed and open the lid and before i have a chance to look inside and hand grabs the box from me.

“ sorry liz thats personal i didn’t mean to scare you” Max says as he sees me jump from fright and he walks towards his bedroom beside mine and places it on his bed and locks the bedroom door behind him.

“ Cya liz” and max walks back through the front door with a small smile

Im left stunned. What the fuck was that all about?
Last edited by Dreamer4life on Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dreamer4life
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: A Best Friend's Love (AU, M/L, Adult) 8/12/09 Chpt 8 and 9

Post by Dreamer4life »

THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK GUYS I REALLY AM THANKFUL, LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS FOR THE STORY AS IDEAS INSPIRE ME :)

Chapter 8

(2005) 17 years old

Graduation is here and its been two weeks since my incident with Tess. My parents arrived home for the first time in over a year to see me graduate. I look into the crowd behind me to see my mum, dad, housekeeper Susan and Tess sitting with her arms crossed while mum and dad chatter quietly to Max’s parents amongst themselves. Tess has been grounded since my parents found out about the incident with me and Tess and while i never told my parents someone did and she hasn’t spoken to me since Kyles house, although that it not a even a problem with me.

I can see Max three rows in front of me sitting proudly beside his sister Isabelle, and Brother Michael who is also Maria’s boyfriend and Maria talking hundred miles an hour into Michael’s ear. I realise this could be the last time we are all together and smile sadly to myself.

Next year Max and I will be going to Harvard while Isabelle, Michael and Maria are going to an art college. I remember the fights, the relationships, the broken friendships and the love shared between this small group that seemed to have been together forever as each of the members of my group stand to receive their diploma and with each receiving their diploma i wish them all the luck in the world.

(2007) 19 years old

“ Max hurry up i don’t have all day” we are finishing our end of year party for our second year of college, its tradition the whole college gets together and parties the night away, but the only problem is its always fancy dress.

He walks out wearing a white roman toga, revealing all his toned, bulging muscles and a small smirk on his face until it drops suddenly when he spots me. Last year i wore a Cleopatra outfit and it was a long dress and it covered everything and i still managed to get hit on by the idiots of our class and Max had to drag me home when someone went to far with their flirting

(2006) 18 years old

My dress shimmers when the fluro flashing lights hit it. I can see him approaching, he slowly stumbles with every step.

“Parker there you are i have been looking for you” Paul smile in his drunken faze. Paul is one of the college best athletes and his gorgeous but he is also as dumb as a post.

“No thanks im right” I say confidently as i go to turn around when Paul grabs my arm roughly.

“Fuck Liz i know you want me, you have been flirting with me all fucking year just one dance, don’t be such a prude” his eyes trying to look into mine as his hold gets tighter with every word.

“Paul let me go, i haven’t been flirting i have been trying to tutor your dumb ass and i don’t want to dance with you” i try and pull my arm out of his hold, when a fist come out of no where and slams into the side of Paul’s face.

“She fucking said no” Max’s eyes blazing with anger as he looks down at Pauls unconscious body and pull his arm around my shoulder and guide me to the exit.

“I’m sorry Liz i didn’t mean to drag you to this stupid party” he whispers softly into my ear as he takes me to my room and pick me up with little effort and puts me on my bed as a tear falls down my cheek, he raises the blanket and covers my body and turns before turning off the light as he shuts the door.

“Night Liz”

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 9

(2007) 19 Years old

He is staring at me shaking his head.

“Your not wearing that out Liz” he says as he looks at my short school girl outfit

“ I can wear whateva the fuck i want, look what you wearing; at least mine leaves some to the imagination, could you reveal anymore?” i reply staring at his defined abs.

“ Yeah if you want to see some more Liz, we could just stay here” He smiles at my shocked expression

“ come on lets go” He throws his arm around me as we start to walk to the party.

(2008) 20 years old

I cant let this kiss go, so i march with confidence to the bathroom door and open it and am meet with Max’s half naked body the small water drops glide slowly down his body and disappear behind the towel that his tightly around his hips as he dries his hair quickly with a towel. I am so distracted by the water drops on his body that i don’t even hear him talk.

“ Liz..” im staring when i quickly look up to his face.

“ what?” i say rudely

“ Is there something you wanted or did you just want to stand there and watch me” he gives me a small smirk, i flush bright red from being caught staring.

“ the kiss” i say quickly without even thinking and his smile drops

“ yeah what about it?” his eyes drop to the counter where he picks up his tooth brush and run it under water.

“ Why did you kiss me Max? That’s generally not what best friends do” my eyes are searching his for an answer but he continues to concentrate on his toothbrush

“ I didn’t see it as a problem, unless you want a repeat” he laughs and walks towards me, trapping me in the corner of the bathroom and his two large arms come up to wall behind me on either side of my head and he slowly leans down......
Dreamer4life
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: A Best Friend's Love (AU, M/L, Adult) 8/12/09 Chpt 10

Post by Dreamer4life »

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE FEEDBACK GUYS, ALL YOUR QUESTIONS WILL BE REVEALED SOON
DREAMER19: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE BANNER
EARTH2MAMA: ALL WILL BE REVEALED SOON LOL
AZURE: MAYBE MAYBE NOT COMING UP IN CHAPTER SOON
KEEPSMILING7: NO THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU FEEDBACK.
EVE: COMING UP IN NEXT CHAPTER

Chapter 10:

(2007) 19 years old

I can feel his eyes watching me as i move around the room talking to various people in my classes. After what happened last year, i know his eyes wont leave me and in this knowledge i find some sort of feelings of safety and love.

“ Liz i was wondering is anything going on between you and your hottie friend, i mean you two have live together, so don’t tell me nothing is going on” I was so wrapped up in my thoughts i almost missed entirely what Amber was saying. She flicks her blonde hair behind her shoulder as her brown eyes look into mine for an answer or some sort of emotion.

“ Nope nothing at all. Me and Max are just best friends always have been” i try and keep the feeling of sorrow out of my tone. Amber glances over at Max before heading towards him with a confident stride. I can feel the alcohol starting to take hold as my vision starts to blur. Max isn’t watching her but staring at me as she talks and reaches out to place her hand on his chest. He breaks free of her hold and walks towards me.

“ Come on liz lets go home, your not looking so good” he guides my through the house up to our apartment and I feel happy that the party this year was held in our apartment complex. He picks me up, careful not to reveal any more of my skin then necessary and holds me in his arms till he reaches my room and lays me carefully on the bed.

“Thanks Max you always here when i need you” my eyes struggle to stay open

“ Ill always be here Liz” He strips his shirt off and climbs into bed beside me, like he has done so many times before and reaches over me and turns the lamp off, leaving his arm securely over my waist.

“ I love you Max” I quietly say before finally closing my eyes.

(2008) 20 years old

His head nears closer and before our lips have a chance to meet the loud sound of my mobile vibrating in my pocket startles me.

“Hello ” i say as max walks back over the basin to clean his teeth.

“ Liz, im waiting at the coffee house you said to be here at 10 and I’m here so where are you we are meant to discuss new year eve and your birthday plans” i could hear the slight irritation in Maria’s voice when i turn and walk out the door.

“ Ill be there in five minutes Maria, sorry i got held up” i grab my jacket and keys and head out the door.
I arrive to see her sitting patiently flicking through a magazine when she looks up to see me standing in front of her table.

“ So Liz i was thinking the whole group could go to the new club in town tomorrow night and rock out new years eve and your birthday together since you turn the big 2 1 what do you reckon?” she says as she takes a bite of her bagel sitting on the plate in front of her.

“Yeah sure ill tell Max he will be excited” i smile and zone out as Maria talks about the traffic this morning

(2008) 20 years old New years eve/ birthday morning

I am woken up by the loud sound of the alarm clock beside me, The bright annoying numbers reading 7:00 and get up to get my morning coffee from the coffee pot sitting on the kitchen counter . I pour myself a mug before walking into Max’s room to find him sleeping soundlessly

“Fucking hell Max get up, your running late” i scream as i push on his shoulder trying to rustle him from his deep sleep.

“Fuck I’m getting up, quiet down, i have a hangover”

“that’s what you get for getting drunk before your exams and its your last one, don’t blame me, i warned you” i say before taking a sip of my coffee to hide my smirk.

He reaches up and snatches my coffee out of my hands, and gives me a kiss on the head before heading towards the kitchen, leaving me standing alone in his room.

I kneel down when i see a photo underneath his bed, i pick it up to see Max and my own smile staring back at me. I place it on his bedside before seeing the box he once snatched out of my hands before i ever got a look inside, sticking out from under his bed. I walk towards the box and reach down to pull off the lid.

“ Liz where is my book” Max yells from the kitchen and I’m jump turning and give the box one quick glance before heading towards the kitchen before he comes in and he catches me snooping through his things.
I walk out into the kitchen where i see a small box and flowers sitting in the middle of the table.

“ Max what is this?” i say quietly as he comes to stand into front of me and throws his arms around me.

“You didn’t think id forget your birthday did you? Happy Birthday Liz” he pulls away from me and picks up the small box and opens the lid and i see a gold necklace with diamond letter spelling my name.

“ Thank you Max its beautiful” I say as he walks behind me and places the necklace around my neck.

“ I’m sorry Liz i have to go i don’t want to be late for my exam, ill see you later tonight” he leans down and kiss me on the top of the head before shutting the door behind him.

“Happy Birthday again” he yells from the hallway. I smile to myself and walk to have my shower before my class.

Later that night:

“ Liz come on your going to be late to your own party” Max yells out.

“ Im coming, im allowed to run late” i say as i walk out of my bedroom door into the lounge room, im wearing my short black dress that Maria convinced me to buy last week she said it would make “ the men drool” so i decided this was the perfect dress for tonight. I look up from fixing my shoe to see Max standing there in a tight, black button down shirt and dark jeans displaying his chiselled body and a wierd expression on his face.

“you look stunning Liz” he walks towards me, throwing an arm over my shoulder and guides me out the apartment picking up his wallet and keys before he shuts the door.

“Dont worry tonight will be great Liz” he smiles as i adjust my dress.

I can hear the loud music and bright lights as i giggle at Max’s antics. Im well past drunk and so is he as he stumbles towards me

“dance with me liz” and without an answer he drags me towards the dance floor

(2009 1st Jan ) 21 years old

I wake up with a throbbing pain in my head i move to get up when i noticed i am pinned to the mattress, a large arm is thrown over me i turn to see who this arm belongs to and see max’s sleeping face. I pull the sheet up to find myself naked underneath.

“What the fuck happened last night” I mumble to myself while trying to break free off Max’s strong hold. I grab hold of my head as another sharp pain approaches and I’m flooded with a flash of images.

His mouth softly touches mine when he pulls away, before he has a chance to move, i wrap my arms around his neck and pull his mouth towards mine aggressively. I slip my tongue into his mouth as he slips his hand under the small dress i was wearing and pulls it over my head, I wrap my legs around his waist and he slams me into the wall. His kisses become quick and more aggressive as he tongue slide down my throat before coming back up to my mouth.

I unwrap my legs and he grabs my hand and without a word starts to pull me towards his room. My hair fans out across the pillow as i give him sloppy kisses trailing down his chest, his back arches as he pulls his shirt off, before standing up and pulling his jeans, and boxers off. I quickly reach behind me to unclasp my bra before he crawls back up my body.

“Fuck you look good baby” he moans into my ear before reaching down to remove my panties and thrusts into me hard and fast. I scratch into his back as i feel my orgasm approaching and his washing through me. He falls onto my body but still holding his weight with his arms.

“ I love you Liz” he sleepily mumbles into my ear before rolling off my body. His arm comes around me as we fall into a deep sleep.

What have i done, I’ve have sex with my best friend. Questions are running through my mind. What is he going to say when he wakes up? and How can we maintain a friendship after this? And what is going to happen between us
Dreamer4life
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: A Best Friend's Love (AU, M/L, Adult) 9/12/09 Chpt 11 UP

Post by Dreamer4life »

THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK GUYS
EARTH2MAMA: LOL IT ALWAYS GETS WORSE BEFORE IT GETS ANY BETTER LOL
EVE: LOL YES
AMANDA: THANK YOU
KEEPSMILING7: THE BOX IN COMING UP IN ABOUT TWO CHAPTERS :) NOT AT THE RISK OF BETTING CAUGHT LOL :lol:

Chapter 11

I stand to the side of my large bed, staring at him unable to determine what is the best course of action. Do i wake him up? Do i leave him to wake up on his own? I glance over his beautiful sleeping form when he turns and rolls himself towards me, im starled thinking he has woken up but he makes a quiet mumbling sound and fall back into a deep slumber. I pull the white sheet firmly around my body, i know i have to wake him up he starts work in less than a hour.

“ Max” i lean over and nudge the bed. Still no movement, i grab hold of his arm, and before i can blink im trapped under Max’s naked body. His body tenses as he see me beneath him and realises what im wearing.

“ What are you doing in my room liz and only wearing that” He raises an eyebrow before giving me a small smirk.

“ Actually you’re in my room and we had sex last night that’s why your naked and so am “ he looks at me stunned

“ We did what now?”

“ Sex you know the act where we two people have....” i shut up when his hand comes over my mouth

“ I know what sex is Liz i have done it before and believe it or not i did attend health classes in high school”

He rises from the bed and throws on some boxers before i even have the chance to stare at his naked body. He grabs hold of my hand and pulls me from the bed leading me towards kitchen as takes a sit across from me in the kitchen.

“ There as been something that i have been meaning to talk to you for a long time, the sexual tension, the flirting and well last night there has been a reason behind it all” He looks down at the table and back into my eyes

“ I love you liz”

“ I love you too Max”

“ No liz i don’t think your understanding , im in love with you, i have been for quiet along time, im the one who told your parents about Tess and your incident in high school, i wasn’t going to allow her to get away with treating you like that” his eyes meet mine as it analysing my reaction.

“ oh so it was you. How long?”

“ How long what?”

“ How long have you had this .... feeling for me” i struggle to say.

“ Since our first kiss in the closet at that party we went to” he blushes to the point that his ears are red.

I raise from my seat and sit comfortable in his lap facing him. “ Im in love with you too Max” i say as i put my hands behind his neck and place my lips upon his as he picks me up and carrys me back towards the bedroom.

6 months later.

I watch as his nakedf form as he sleeps, his muscles ripple with each breath and movement he makes. His eyes slowly open to reveal his stunning amber eyes, in all my life i have never meet anyone with the same colour as his, i don’t think i ever will. It is still unbelieveable to me how with all the women in the world he chooses to be with me.

“ Morning sunshine” i smile before raising myself out of bed.

“ How long have you been up for liz?” he says as he rubs his eyes

“ Few hours couldn’t sleep, someone tired me out last night" and i give him a wink "and i was thinking ill meet you at your office at around oneish for lunch, i thought we could try that new cafe that just opened” i say trying to get on my shirt as i can wait any longer as im going to be late for work.

“ Yeah id like that, works been hectic lately. We have to talk to Michael, Maria and Isabelle about us maybe we could organise a dinner or something” he follows me around the kitchen as i pour my coffee in a travel mug before he slips his arms around my waist.

“ Yeah ill organise it this afternoon after i get home from work. I got to go Max. I love you” i turn around still in his embrace and give him a light kiss like every morning.

“ I love you too” he smiles turning his back as i walk out the door.

Work was long. Constant yelling, telephones ringing and people gossiping but this is what i expect from the advertising firm i work for. I give a quick glance over my watch before grabbing my purse and head downstairs. I thought i might drive but today is a nice day so i will work the two blocks, i stand in the reception area of the law firm max has been working at for the past year or so.

“ Hi Im Max Evan’s girlfriend Liz, is he in by any chance”

“ yeah he is you know where he is right?” she glances over me before smiling

“ Yeah i do thank you”

I walk towards the familiar wooden door and open to see a Max being kissed by none other then Tess. Her mouth on his and her arms around his neck pulling him into a kiss.

I can feel my heart literally breaking in my chest, the shards cutting into my skin as i turn and run towards the exit.

So this is what it feels like. This is what is feels to have your heart broken........