The Best Man (AU, M/L, Adult) [Complete]

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Hunter
Forum Moderator

Re: The Best Man (AU, M/L, Adult) 4/24/09 Chpt 11 p. 11

Post by Hunter »

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Sara
Carrie
Ginger
Carolyn
destiny
Jessah
Jan

A/N: Thanks for the bump Carolyn! I'll try to update this frequently now! My muse is back yaaay! :D

Chapter Eleven

Max's POV

I'm already in the shower within minutes and the hot water sprays over my hard naked body. "Ahhh." I rubbed the foam of the shower gel all over my washboard abs and anywhere I could just cover up really. I loved me a hot steam shower.

I'm relaxed in the steamy shower until I hear the door slide open and Liz stepped in to the shower with me.

"Liz?".

She pressed an index finger to my lips and then pushes herself gently closer to me. "Shhh"

I can feel her nipples poking into my chest. "Just enjoy." She whispers in my ear and grabbed my crotch in her tiny hands, sealing my lips with hers as she slowly began to pump me.

No, this isn't right but it feels so damn good." I thrust myself in her hands as she runs her hands up and down the base of my shaft.

"Yesss."

"You like that Max.." She purrs, pumping me faster.

A few minutes more and I exploded into oblivion, my hips jerking as I twitched after my release...

My legs give away and I'm sitting in the bathtub as the hot water hits me from above. I bring her down with me too and kiss her. My hands rub over her lace covered tits and I feel those hard nipples begging for attention. I look at her eyes and she nods slowly. I unhook her bra. My heart flutters, beats fasts, pounds wildly since this was the first time I would see her.

The bra falls off, completely forgotten.

My thumbs roll over her nipples, she gasps and I gently caress those fine globes with my hands. I love the way she fits into my hands. Just right. Our lips lightly touch each other like feathered kisses. The spray of the shower hits us like soft warm rain.

"Oh Max."

I take a nipple into my mouth. I have to.

I suck gently and then increase my pace, she responds by grabbing my hair and gasping my name like a mantra. I feel so turned on right now. I switch and give the other breast just as much satisfaction.

I promised her I would give her what she wants, but slowly.

My intention wasn't to kill the thrill of attraction. But to add fuel to it's fire.

"Max."

I kiss her and lift her up. "There's still more Liz." I whisper hoarsely into her ear.

Yes, there was a long way to go before we finally made love.

Dennis called me to work today. He's busy trying to impress our business associates with miniature golf. Maria is left to take over her father's responsibilities for today and I'm fortunate I get to have her working with me instead of her father.

"What's up Max? These days you have been missing." Maria comments as we both store the files away.

"Oh, I've been a little busy you know with my brother and his wife and then your wedding."

"Yeah everything's sorted now." Maria smiles. "I'm finally going to have the wedding I always wanted."

"That's good." I nod.

We say nothing more and get on with our work. After that she invites me to have coffee with her. I go with her and I am now currently sitting in star bucks with my friend's fiancé. "So Max.." She taps her fingers against her cup of tea. "I heard things."

"What things?"

"Your journal for example. Like how you.." She looked aimlessly into her cup of tea.

"That I used to have a crush on you?"

"Yeah that." She bit her lip. "Max...honestly.." She looked at me. "You had feelings for me?"

"Maria..." I take her hand into mine. "You are a very attractive woman and also a kind polite one. I saw you pretty much everyday and yeah I did fall for you."

She smiles. "Max, that's really nice of you to say but I can't say I have the same feelings so it's not mutual." She rushes the words out like they're forced. "I mean you're a friend and all but.."

"Maria.." I say softly. "It's okay. I mean the reason why I had a crush on you to be honest is that because you were the only woman in my life which I saw as available and ideal really. I'm so busy playing the best man and watching my friends getting married to a woman all the time..I guess I saw you as my sort of woman."

"Wow..amazing." Maria grins. "So you still fancy me?"

"No." I shake my head. "I just realise I was really still looking for Miss right. You were just there Maria but you're right. We're better off as friends and nothing more. You're not my Miss right. You're Michael’s. I've realised that now."

"Awwww Max." She gasps and decides to pull me in for a hug. "Thanks so much! You are definitely the best man!".

"Ah...I might want to be the groom this time." I tease and sit back into my chair.

"Does this have something to do with a certain Miss right?" Maria winks.

"I guess so."

I can't believe I'm even saying this. But Liz had walked into my boring life and took away those tinted glasses of mine. Now everything is crystal clear. I want her.

I need her so bad that all I can think of was going back home, back to her. Home had never such a lovely place before. "Max are you lost sweetie? You look like you're in lala land again?"

"No I'm just thinking about her."

"Lala Land then." Maria giggled. "I gotta meet this girl. She was the same one you were talking about the other day in the pizzeria weren't you?"

"Yes."

"How's things going with her by the way."

"They're going really good Maria. Very good."

"That's great Max. Thanks for inviting her to my hen night. I really can't wait to see her."

"No problem."

My attention however, is taken from the guy in the corner with a camera.

Was he taking pictures of us?

Liz's POV

"Oh that dress is fucking sexy." Tess comments as I twirl around in a short black dress that lacks straps.

"I feel so vulnerable." I frown. I wasn't used to wearing revealing outfits. Tess had dragged me dress shopping as this was "her town" and had made me try on the most ridiculous over rated costumes as I refer and I felt like a dolled up slut.

"You're not a slut." She snapped. "You are a beautiful woman who knows how to dress."

I look in the mirror and smoothen the areas over my hips. "I look like a little china doll."

"Max would go berserk if he sees you in that. Damn he would rip it off you." Tess laughed.

"I'm not so sure..." I rub my hands over my bare shoulders.

"Liz.." Tess stands up. "Your bare shoulders, I think he's seen them before. Don't worry, have your hair wavy and that would make it even better."

"It's a hen night." I told Tess. "This looks like a funeral dress."

"Man you need to go out more." Tess sighs and nudges the guy next to her.

"That dress makes you look hot Liz." He nods. "Ten out of Ten."

"Fine, I'll buy it." I hiss.

Fashion was not one of my strongest subjects.

After the heavy shopping, Tess and I decide to stop at an ice cream parlour. "Oh Ben and Jerry do have mercy." Tess comments and holds the door open for me.

"Thank you Tess."

"Liz?"

I turn to see who has called my name. "Micheal?"

"LIZ!" He smiles and held his arms out as he approached us; Wrapping me in a big hug in front of everyone he tells me how pleasant it is to see me here.

"Tess meet Micheal, Micheal meet Tess."

"Hi." Tess waves.

"Howdy." Micheal smiles and turns to me. "Oh thank god you're here."

"Do you work here Micheal?"

"Yeah this is my new job. It's wack." He said while leading us to our table.

"You don't like it?" Tess frowned.

"Wack is the new word for awesome. It's just new downtown." He smiled and pulled out our seats for us.

"Thanks Micheal."

"Anyway since this is your first time coming here I assume."

Tess and I nod. "It's both our first time."

"Right, I'll get you your stuff on the house okay?"

We order and Micheal runs to grab our ice creams. Tess learns forward and whispers. "He's a nice guys. Is he Max's friend?"

"Yeah he's Maria's fiancé." I answered Tess.

"Oh. Wow." She nods.

Tess's phone starts to ring and it's her husband. "Kyle, we're in the ice cream parlour. Come join us. You might get a free ice-cream."

Within minutes he's here and rushes to our table. "Oh my god. You won't believe what I saw."

He slaps down a few photos on the table. Photos of Max....with Maria. "Shit."

"The best man is getting it on with his friend's fiancé. This might make the headlines you girls." Kyle breathed.

"That's not true." I answered. "He's not interested in her no more. Max had specifically told me he was going to tell Maria the truth himself and I know that Max would never lie to me. Not when things are becoming deeper between us. He’s probably telling her he's moved on now."

I see Micheal approaching and take all the photos away. hiding then in my hands as Micheal walked towards us. "Shh you don't say anything Kyle."

"Shit there's one of the floor." Tess told me but we couldn't get to it in time. Micheal had already arrived here.

"Here you go." Micheal put the bowls of ice creams down. "Oh another one?" He looks at Kyle. "You want one too?"

"Nah I'll share with my wife." Kyle answered.

"Okay."

"Thanks Micheal." Tess gives him one of her sweetest smiles.

"You need anything just holler."

"Ok."

He's about to step away and looked down. "What's that?"

"What's what?"

Oh god, I hope he didn't see the photo on the floor.
Hunter
Forum Moderator

Re: The Best Man (AU, M/L, Adult) 4/25/09 Chpt 12 p. 12

Post by Hunter »

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

destiny
Eve
Carolyn
Sara
POM
Jan
Lou
Ginger

Chapter 12

Liz's POV

"What's that?" Micheal points to the photo on the floor.

Tess and I look like we've just seen a ghost. "Oh that's my photo." Tess lies and picks it up. Luckily the blank side of the photo was facing towards Micheal. "It's urghh a rude pic of me. My husband Kyle loves to take naughty pics." She stuttered. "The silly idiot takes them with him everywhere so he knows which girl...me to look at."

Micheal watched her blankly for a moment and then burst out laughing. "You one funny chick!" He pats Tess on the shoulder and looks at me. "Liz I like your friend. She's so funny. Bring her to the wedding yeah?"

"Will do." I grin.

"Man you one kind of husband." Micheal looked at Kyle. "We need to talk. I'm getting married soon and I would love some survival tips."

"Oh man, I will love to help you out." Kyle suddenly seemed interested in the conversation. "Marriage is sometimes.."

"Don't even go there." Tess glared at Kyle.

Michael’s boss calls him back to take care of the customers and I quickly thank Tess over the table. "Thanks Tess."

"Sorry Liz." Kyle nervously scratches his ear. "Just wanted a juicy story."

"Can't blame you but Max is a good man."

"I bet he is." Kyle replied. "Because Liz, if he's an ass to you I will publicly humiliate him."

"You don't have to worry about that Kyle."

"Thanks for looking out for me though."

"So you're okay with me trying to nab a story with him?"

"He's all mine." I make it clear to Kyle. "Please just don't follow him again."

Max's POV

The last two hours, I have spent packing up mine and Liz's luggage. She wasn't home till much later in the evening and when she came home, she was definitely surprised to see our luggage in the hallway.

"Max...what's going on?" She puts the bags down and looks cautiously at me.

"We're going to Jamaica."

"Jamaica? But why?". She raised an eyebrow.

"Well Maria and Micheal decided that they want their wedding there so it's up to me to go there first and sort things out. And I couldn't just leave you alone."

"Wow...Jamaica." Liz grinned and took a few steps towards me before settling her bad on the counter. "With Max Evans...whoa what a future honeymoon."

I find myself grinning back at her. "Yeah we're going to Jamaica baby."

In no time she ran up to me and threw herself in my arms, wrapped her legs around my waist and kissed me senseless. "You are the best man a woman can have!" She said, peppering my face with kisses.

I laugh as I hold her, my hands firmly supporting her ass. I kiss her back and our lips end up in a tender duel. Our mouths are pressed together lightly and we chuckle. "I'm so happy you're happy." I confess. "I just had to take you with me Liz."

I put her down slowly and watch her face. I could see the bliss shining in those eyes of hers right now. She's so happy and I'm feeling it. "Max, thank you." She took my hands in hers. "For being everything I ever wanted in a man."

I love this moment, I really do because I've finally felt the happiness I was truly looking for. I've lived this moment so many times, where people are so grateful to me but having this moment with Liz, I really feel like I've done something good for once in my life.

"You don't mind me packing your stuff do you?"

"Of course not Max! Honey.." She grants me a brief sweet kiss. "I hope you're not mad at me because you felt like you had to take me with you."

I pulled her by the waistband and wrapped my arms around her lower back. "Without you, my life would not be the same." I admit. I dreaded going back to the cold old miserable life that the old Max Evans had.

"Really?" Her voice is hopeful and unbelievable cute. Like she can't believe she had achieved something great.

"Really Really." I nod and press my forehead against hers. "You know this trip could change everything for us." I murmured, slipping my hands underneath her shirt and feeling her smooth skin.

"Hmmm." She sighs, enjoying what my hands were doing to her.

"You know if we didn't have to leave so soon..I could have..." I groan inwardly thinking about the things I would do to her. My blood races through my veins, heating my entire body up in desire.

"Max, you can act out those fantasies when we get there." She softly whispers and she smirks. "I wouldn't mind the beach." She tells me the same time as grinding herself against my hardness.

"Oh god."

She pulls away abruptly and tugs at my waistband, allowing it to lightly snap against my skin. "That's gotta be hard." She winks and rushes to her bedroom, giggling as she went.

Hard alright.

I smile.

I love this woman.

Liz's POV

"You're going to Jamaica?!" Comes the shrill tone of my big sister Isabel.

"Yeah, with Max for Micheal and Maria's wedding."

"Oh my bitch...." Isabel sighs. "You've not met the woman and you're going to her wedding?"

"Chill it big sis, I know her future husband."

Max plops down onto the seat next to me after he puts away his stuff in the cabinet. "Listen, I'll be down there soon. Just give me the town name and we'll meet you there sweetie."

I roll my eyes but give Isabel the details anyway otherwise she wouldn't let me live in peace. It's okay if she goes places without me but not okay if I do the same damn thing. "Isabel's so stubborn." I tell Max as I finish using the skype phone on the plane.

Max chuckles and takes my hand in his. "This is going to be good."

"You know unlike my sister I'm not a frequent flyer Max." I confessed. I hated planes. I just hated the idea of being so many feet up in the sky above everything and in one moment it was possible to crash. I shuddered; And to top it off the blood circulation problems, the bland plane food and the ears popping were not appealing either.

"I'm with you Liz." Max's voice is gentle, soft and very convincing. That's what get's to me. He always manages to make me calm.

"Nothing will happen." I whisper. "You're with me." I take deep heavy breaths. "You're with me."

A stewardess approached us with her food cart. "Any drinks?"

"I'll have a vodka please." I cringed at my own voice. How desperate did I sound?

"Liz." Max laughed. The air stewardess looked at me as if I was completely mad.

"I'm sorry ma’am we don't have very strong alcoholic beverages here."

"Well in that case, I'll just have a baileys."

"And so will I." Max agreed.

"Irish cream." The stewardess smiled as she took out two cups and a bottle of baileys. "Great choice." When she hands us the cups, she bends down on purpose to show Max her ample cleavage. But of course, I'm the unfortunate one sitting right where she was standing.

Are all stewardess' like this? Cause if so, that's another reason to hate flying. She smiles and attempts to flirt with Max. "You are good looking man." She winks

Oh god, can't she see he's with me? I felt like giving her a slap. "Cover up ya tits bitch, I'm sure your job description doesn't include stripping."

She frowns at me and looks down at her chest where a few buttons are undone. "Sorry if I attracted your man by mistake." The bitch has the nerve to say that.

"Don't worry about that, I wasn't attracted in the first place." Max answered. "You find yourself a better man huh."

"I get the best man." I scowl at her in mock anger. I was more amused when her face fell at Max's words.

She leaves very quickly and I snuggle up close against Max. "Wow...that was funny."

"Tell me about it." He scoffs.

"Wow so many women admire you."

"I'm just happy I got the one woman I want."

We kiss, it's hot and I could taste the Irish cream on his tongue which gives me a slight buzz. "How long is this flight?"

"Three and a half hours."

"That's kinda fast don't cha think".

"Yeah so we can get to the good stuff quicker.." Max wiggles his eyebrows. "And I heard someone wouldn't mind the beach."

I raise my glass and so does Max. "Amen to that."

Hunter
Forum Moderator

Re: The Best Man (AU, M/L, Adult) 5/8/09 Chpt 13 p. 13

Post by Hunter »

Thanks for the fb everyone! :D

Eve
Lou
Natalie
Jan
destiny
Carolyn
Jessah

Chapter 13

Max's POV

"Welcome to Jamaica." The man in the bright shirt greets us and hooks fresh colorful leis to our necks. Liz giggles.

"I can't believe we're actually here!" Liz gave my hand a slight squeeze.

"Some drinks?". A woman smiles at us and hands us a glass of cool refreshing juice.

A few musicians start tapping their hand drums and steel bands as we take the path to retrieve our luggage. "This is awesome!" Liz breathlessly, staring out of the huge glass windows.

During the journey to out hotel, both Liz and I are fascinated by the exotic scenery. "Beautiful." Liz said. "Just beautiful."

"It's am-a-zin' right girl." The driver seemed to agree with her.

We got dropped off at the hotel where a couple of hotel porters helped us with our luggage, lucky for us we were on the fourth floor out of eight. I picked Liz up to surprise her.

She gasps. "Max, what are you doing?" She finished with a giggle.

"I'm going to do the wedding walk honey." I tell her.

"Oh my god, you're going to get so tired." She tried her best to convince me to put her down but I did not relent. Walking up the stairs, she realised now how serious I was.

"Why Max?"

"Because you mean a lot to me." Was my reply and she wraps her arms around me, bringing me in for a gentle hug. The hotel porters open the door and walk in first with the luggage.

"Here's your room sir."

I lead Liz to the bed and gently place her there so I can give the porters some cash. "Thanks sir, do you need anything else?"

My eyes turn to the mini fridge on the shelf. "Nah, we're fine thanks."

"Enjoy your stay." They all leave me alone with Liz and I shut the door, turn around and give Liz that seductive look. She had no idea what I had planned for her.

"Max we need to unpack, shower and then eat." She rolled over onto her front. "What are you looking at?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, you're right." I shrugged. "I have a couple of phone calls to make and you can refresh yourself in the meantime."

"Ok." She sat up and I took long strides towards her; helping her out of the bed I kiss her forehead. "Don't be too long."

"Unless I'm waiting for you." She teased back.

While Liz is showering, I'm tempted to join her. I really am. I have the towel aside with my new clothes and a phone in my hand. So far after making three boring phone calls, I'm reluctant to make a fourth one. I know Liz is teasing me. She wants me there. I've known her now. I know all her moves and her ways of seducing me but it still feels like I'm getting to know her. The feeling is fresh and exciting. We haven't even made love yet. I like the thought of playing with her first, a bit of foreplay is thrilling.

Hmm what should I do to her next?

Before my mind can go to naughty land, someone is frantically knocking the hell out of that poor door. "Maxwell ? Maxwell?"

Oh great.

I opened the door with a lot of hesitance. It's Dennis the menace. "Erm hi."

He pushed himself forward, takes a look at the room. "Mind if I stay with you?, Apparently the hotel rooms are all booked up." He sounded like he had to force himself to ask.

Well too bad.

"I'm sorry Mr Deluca, I am with someone." There is no way I'd let any man sleep next to me. Who the hell was he kidding?

"You're with someone?" He sounded shocked and disappointed. "Who?"

The question is answered for me as Liz stepped out of the bathroom in a robe. "Max honey, the shower is free." She stops and notices Dennis. "Oh hi."

Dennis looked at me with wide eyes but doesn't say anything. "I'll find someplace." He backs away and left quickly.

He must have realised I really have moved on. I shut the door quietly. "So, what was that about." Liz asked, unfastening her robe.

I take a look at her and back at the door and then return my gaze to Liz who is wearing absolutely nothing but a pair of panties. Oh god...

"Nothing, he just needed a place to stay." I stammered, unable to peel my eyes away from a certain region of Liz's body.

"Aww you should have let him stay."

"I told him I already have a room-mate." I whisper and I find myself standing before her, my hands reach her breasts. "Whose sexy...curvy...fucking turns me on. I caressed her hard nipples and she gasps. "And I bet she's wet for me right now."

"You said that?" She breathes deeply.

I lean in and nibble at her graceful neck. I love the lime scent on her skin. I lick her and suck on her neck. She moans. "I was thinking, I'd like to take you to the bed and taste you."

I ground myself into her core, she lifts a leg up and wraps it around my waist. I support her leg around me and work my lips up towards her lips. Both of us slid our lips against each other.

"Then taste me, you know I would spread them for you only." She panted against my lips.

I pulled away slowly. "There's still things waiting to happen." I gulped. "Before I can be inside you."

"I plan forward to enjoying the rest of our vacation Max." She pushes me onto the bed.

And I know that this vacation will be unlike any other we've both had.

"Max, how do I look?" Liz propped a straw hat on her head and gave me a big grin.

Before I can answer, the shop keeper nodded. "She lookin nice sir. Nice hat, Nice lady."

"I'll take it." I pay the man.

"Max are you sure?" Liz asked me.

"Honey I'm funding for the vacation for you so enjoy." I wink.

"Photo?" A woman photographer approaches us with her camera. Liz smiles.

"Come on Max, let's do one together." She said, linking her arm with mine.

Of course, one wasn't enough, we had to take like a dozen of photos in silly poses. I look at the Polaroid’s. "This can go in our collection." I told Liz, remembering she had some photos of me in my best man suits.

"Love this!" Liz hums and dances towards some tunes being played by the road side musicians and grabs a wooden cup that looked handmade. "Max, this looks handmade." She shows me the cup.

"Nice."

"That is ze last one." The shopkeeper tells us. "There was only four."

"What is this?" Liz pointed at the inscription on the cup.

"It's ze beach." The man answered. "Where lovers go."

"Oh wow, look Max I've found our beach." She winks.

"Where is this beach?"

"It's very quiet and like I said, only lovers book that beach."

"Won't be quiet when me and Max are there." Liz teased and I blushed.

The shop keeper took out a map and handed it to us. "Map is free."

"Oh thanks."

After buying the cup, Liz kisses me. "I love you, you know that right?"

"Wait till we get to the beach." I smirk and take out the map.

Liz and I grab some dinner and after that get an ice lolly each and watch the sunset. "I've never had a sunset moment." Liz said.

"Neither have I."

Our hands find each other and join. Liz looked at me in such a way that got my heart beating faster. "I hate to bring this up but you're no longer smitten with Maria anymore?"

"I don't think so. No." I shake my head. "I hardly think about her like I used to."

"Wow."

"Liz I used to think about her all the time." I admitted. "It was just one of those high school crush things. You feel very high at one point and it just fades away." I added. "And I'm not in high school anymore, so....no more crushes for me."

"Not even me?" She teased.

"No you're more important to me then a simple crush."

"I am?"

We're both suddenly interrupted.

"Hey you guys!"

Right in front of us are Micheal, Maria, Alex and Isabel.

"Hey."

"Well this is the last place I thought I'd find you here." Micheal teased.

"Lovers beach." Alex chimed in and realised that me and Liz were about to become full time lovers. "Oh right, yes."

"Hey..you must be Liz right." Maria looked at Liz. "I'm Maria. I guess Max gave you the four one one on me anyways."

"Yeah that's me." Liz shook hands with Maria and then Micheal. "How did you get here so fast?" She asked Isabel.

"Well Maria let us borrow her jet plane."

"She has a jet plane which is awesome." Alex remarked.

"And I suppose they are faster then first class?"

"Well atleast you and Max got time to feel each other up." Isabel grinned. "I couldn't even get a kiss from my so called husband."

"Hey, I'll give you all the kissing you need." Alex looked at his wife.

It wasn't long before they started to kiss. "Hey, we have minors around." Micheal laughed.

"Who you calling a minor?" Maria pointed a finger at her fiancé.

"We're having the hen night and bachelors party at the same venue." Micheal informed us.

"Which seems to be an half an hour." Maria looked at her watch.

"Whoa, it's been past five hours already?" Liz looked alarmed.

"Honey." Isabel smiled. "When you're in love, time seems to fly by."

"We better get a move on then."

Tbc
Hunter
Forum Moderator

Re: The Best Man (AU, M/L, Adult) 5/12/09 Chpt 14 p. 13

Post by Hunter »

Lou
Eve
destiny
Natalie
dreamers_fan_beleive
Jessah

Chapter 14

Max's POV

"Liz, there you are, I've..." I stop in my tracks. "You're not ready yet." I stare over her smooth back and lick my lips. God, what a work of beautiful art.

She's lying on the bed in her bikini. "Maaax, I need someone to lotion me." She bats her eyes innocently. "I mean, I've done the parts I can reach." She winks. "But there's certain areas that require assistance."

I check the time, they can wait; I take the lotion bottle that lay next to Liz and crawled onto the bed. Opening the bottle, I inhale the coconut and cocoa scent. God, is this woman trying to kill me? I take deep sniffs, I know I would love this on her. Squirting some into my palm, I rest the bottle down and rub my hands together of the moist substance before gently pressing my palms against Liz's back and massaging it onto her skin.

"Hmmmm that feels so good." She hums.

"Does it?" I tease, going all over her back.

"Yesss." She closes her eyes and savours my touch.

"Well this certainly brings back memories." I muse, remembering the last time I was involved with Liz and a lotion.

"Oh yes..it does."

"It was a dark summer night."

"Very dark."

"Yes and I had to ask your mom for that lotion my mom wanted to use. So I came to your house and no one was there." I informed, remembering that Liz's parents were out and the babysitter was Liz's sister who had just turned sixteen.

"So you crept into the lounge, saw the bottle but tripped." Liz giggled.

"If only you had put your stuff away." I blushed.

"Isabel was too busy snoring on the couch to even notice." Liz scoffed. "But I wanted that lotion and I grabbed it first cuz I was mad at you for tripping over my board games."

"Aha and then you ripped my clothes off." I laughed. "You were a right naughty twelve year old back then."

"I left your pants on." Liz stuck her tongue out.

"Yeah but you almost took them off too."

"I poured the lotion all over your body and it did get a bit messy." Liz blushed.

"I rolled you over and rubbed it all over your chest."

Liz rolled over and my hands meet her breasts. "Like this." She guides my palm over her breasts and I squeeze gently. Our breathing instantly became harsh.

"Back then you didn't have those."

"But now I do and you can lotion my boobs anytime."

"Yes I can." I tease the turgid nipples.

Liz arches and makes mewling sounds, they drive me fucking crazy. "Someone's a pro." She licks her lips.

"I fucking love the smell of this thing." I growl aggressively. "You need some more of that so I can rub it all over you."

"It's flavoured sun lotion." She giggles. "I didn't know it would turn you on."

"Babe, everything about you turns me on." I move my hands over her flat stomach and towards her legs and start to massage her upper thighs. She spreads her legs for me and my hand fall over a certain area.

"Don't forget this part."

"Wow, you're like late." Maria tells us as I stumble onto the long beach with Liz in hand.

"Well...there was some things..." Cough. "That had to be taken care of." I winked at Liz.

"Damn lovebirds, got caught up in the moment?" Isabel teased. "Oh Liz, that's a gorgeous little black dress. Somebody better given Hepburn a run for her money."

"Thank you Izzy."

"Did you know a whole day passed?" Alex joined in. "This is officially our second day in Jamaica." He remarks. "Did anyone get some sleep?" He looked at me and Liz.

"Course we did." Liz answers. "Now where are the cocktails at?"

The whole of Maria's clan is already here and a few of Michael’s relatives are present too. Micheal and I greet them and I feel the need to grab a drink. "Micheal, I'll have to take a break. That okay with you man?"

"Go and join Liz at the bar."

Of course, the exotic bar is out on the beach with the straw thatched roof. The one were Liz was laughing with the girls a few minutes ago but now she's standing by the bar alone, sipping on some exotic drinks. Isabel and Alex were dancing and Maria was busy talking to her folks. "Liz."

"I got bored." She pouts. "Bartender, the same drink for my Max here."

"Thank you." I tell him as he begins to shake the cocktail.

"Wow, they make awesome drinks." Liz purrs lightly, taking a few gulps. "Max, we're missing out." She laughs.

"Are you drunk?" I wonder. I've never seen an inhibited drunken Liz before and it really excites me.

"A little bit." She nodded. "But don't worry." The bartender pushed my drink towards me. "You'll be just as drunk too."

"I bet I will be." I took the drink and gulped it down; before I knew it, I was swapping shots over and over again till I was tipsy like Liz.

"Oh Max, you won't believe this." Liz giggled. "When we were little, I actually had a thing for Micheal."

"What?" I laugh. "Micheal of all people?"

"Yeah." She nods. "I was like nine or something. He was just a very appealing person. He was actually there when I started to just notice boys."

"Yeah, he did hang out with us a lot."

"It was his thirteenth birthday and we..all of us." Liz slurs in a cute way. "Were sitting at a table playing truth or dare or seven minutes in heaven or something."

I remember although the memories blur my vision. "Oh yeah, you and Micheal ended up in the closet."

"Well we did kiss." Liz confessed and her face was of disgust. "But it was the most horrible kiss ever." She sticks her tongue out. "Eww, he didn't know how to kiss and I accidently bit his tongue." She laughs harder.

"Oh naughty Liz so that was the scar on his tongue." I tease.

She looked serious for a second. "A scar on his tongue?"

"Gotcha." I laughed.

"You meanie beanie!" She tosses a teddy bear that came out of nowhere at me.

"Hey! watch the teddy!"

She pouted. "Was that your first kiss?" I can't help it but feel a pang of jealously. She kissed Micheal! She had a thing for Micheal and I didn't even know about it until now.

"Nope." She shook her head. "But it's your turn to confess your heart out Maxie."

"I wanna get married."

"Me too."

"I mean seriously. I hate being single."

"So do I."

"I really would love to be the groom instead of the best man."

"I have an idea."

"Yeah?"

"Let's get married!!!" Liz beams in excitement, almost jumping up.

I gasp. "Liz...you want to marry me?"

"Yes silly, I do." She replies lazily.

"Okay then."

"Bartender, where's the nearest chapel?"

The wary bartender gives us the address and I take Liz's hand. "Come on baby, let's get hitched."

And this was for real.

Hunter
Forum Moderator

Re: The Best Man (AU, M/L, Adult) 5/18/09 Chpt 15 p. 14

Post by Hunter »

Thanks for the fb everyone!
:D
Lou
Carrie
Natalie
Eve
Carolyn

Chapter 15

Max’s POV

“Think they will find us here?” Liz giggled as we crept in the illuminating dark.

I’m not fully sober but I’m coherent enough to let myself be swayed by the sound of her soft voice with the gentle caress of the tide against the cool sand.
I mumble and pull her against me, meeting her lips.

She wraps her arms around me and we share a melting kiss. “Fiery lustful passion.” She whispers against my lips. “And all alone in the starry night on a love beach.” She pushes me back and winks.

“C’mon, see if you can catch me.” She allures me with her index finger, staggering across the moist sand where the foamy water had kissed.

I slip my shoes off with a lustful look. I’m so turned on right now that I can’t think. A lonely beach at night with Liz.

Damn I’m hot.

It’s not long before she drops to her knees and giggles. I love a drunk Liz. I follow her and get down on my knees and between her legs.

“Max..”

“Yes?”

She replies by tearing my shirt off. “Better.” She murmurs ad runs the tip of her tongue against my nipple.

I groan. “Lizzz….”

“Shhh…just feel.” She shushes me and then latches onto my chest. Could a guy feel sensitive there?

I cradle her head in my hands as she performs her magic on me. I’m so painfully hard that I can reach her warmth under her short dress.

I felt her hands on my zipper as she undid them . I push my pants and boxers down not caring if they get wet. But I manage to take out a condom.

We were going to finally know each other’s bodies tonight.

I push her back gently so she’s lying on the sand and she looks like she’s ready to be ravished. Her eyes are begging for it. She pushes her dress up to reveal beautiful ivory thighs that I just want to lick.

I tear the condom package and slip the rubber over myself. It’s been quite a while since I’ve had sex. I help her out of her panties and cast them aside.

I rub over those moist folds with my cock. She shudders and I decide to enter.
“Oh god yess!” She hisses, her walls stretching to fit around me.

Unable to take the tightness around me, I withdraw and push back in very hard that her hips move with the thrusts causing her to gasp in pleasure.

God she’s so tight I can’t think straight.

At this moment I feel so good.

I’m ramming into her hard and slow. She likes that.

“You’re so tight.” I groan, lacing our fingers together as we move together.

The tide comes again, around her body with each thrust of mine. I pick the pace up and go deeper. Her eyes are wide open this time and she looks at me like I’m the most amazing thing that’s happened to her.

Of course, I get hungrier and my fast strokes are making me almost reach there. I reach down and rub her clit slowly but with pressure.

“Ah….” She lifts herself up and I support her with one hand. “I’m coming…”

I feel the wet grains of sand on her back but right now I need to concentrate on how her hot tight sheath feels around me.

“Liz…” I chant her name, thrusting even more harder and feeling how wet she was becoming even through the condom.

“Maaaaxxxx!” She cries out my name with eyes wide shut, jerking against me and I feel those slick walls tighten even more milking me of every drop.

I feel the moment last as stars dancing in front of my eyes. Never have I felt such an intense orgasm.

So damn good.

So good that I keep thrusting till I’m sure I’ve emptied myself.

“I love you.” I whisper hoarsely as I breath in her scent lingering underneath the glistening stars.

I yawn, oh I had such a good sleep and surprisingly a good dream too. Rolling over, I find an empty space next to me. My curiosity wakes me up and I lift my head up. “Liz?”

I hear the faucet being turn off in the bathroom and Liz emerges in a bathrobe. “There you are.” I smiled.

She looked hesitant and then takes baby steps towards the bed. “Max…how are you?”

“Never better.” I sit up and then realise I am completely naked.

I’m even naked down there and I cover my waist with the sheet. Looking at Liz, she looked like she knew more then I did. “What happened? Did we?...”

“We had sex.” She replies. “All night.”

“All night?”

“Well..” She sits down on the bed. “We also did so smashed last night, both of us were horny as hell.”

“Liz…” I frowned. This is not how I wanted to have our first time together. I fucked up big time. She didn’t deserves to be fucked all night like she was some cheap whore and I couldn’t control my drinking.

“I’m so sorry.” I can’t even look at her. What the hell have I done?

How could I screw up our first time? How?

“Wait are you regretting last night?” Her voice incredulous but she’s hurt.

“No I..”

“So you would also be disappointed that we got married last night too then.”

My eyes almost shoot out of their sockets. “M-m-married?”

“Yes married.” Liz confirmed. “We don’t have the rings but we do have a marriage certificate and photographic evidences.”

“No…” I shake my head. “We can’t be married.”

“Well…why not?”

“Because no…” I denied.

This was an ill fated marriage. Getting married to Liz while I was drunk. Fuck, I didn’t even remember my vows. That was no marriage; and without rings? I couldn’t even imagine the other mistakes I made last night.

“Max, you proposed, I accepted. We’re married now.”

I got up from the bed. “I have to go and get sorted then we can talk.”

Liz looked at me in disbelief. “Max, please don’t do this. I…don’t know if I can take this if you bail out on us now.”

I look at Liz one last time before entering the bathroom. “I need to fix the problem.”
Hunter
Forum Moderator

Re: The Best Man (AU, M/L, Adult) 5/22/09 Chpt 16 p. 15

Post by Hunter »

Carolyn (x2) Thanks for the bump lol. :D
destiny
Lou
Carrie
Ginger
Jan
Natalie
Jessah

A/N: Thanks to Jan for helping my muse to stay balanced for this part lol. :wink:

Chapter Sixteen

Liz's POV

I need to fix this.

Okay now how am I supposed to react to that? I feel like shit. My eyes were drained of their tears. I just couldn't stop worrying about the unlikely situation. I'm a huge mess.

I got drunk, had hot sex last night and ended up married to the man I thought loved me now.

Sighing I look at the laptop. Nothing much was written so far. Nothing important that is. Bitterness fills my heart at the moment and I don't know If I'm capable of writing.

The line just keeps on blinking at me.

"Knock Knock." Someone knocks at the door and they have a very cheerful way of doing it.

I find out it's Maria on the other side of the door. "I got you some coconut milk." She puts on a huge smile and wiggles the bottle at me.

"Hello Maria." I say warily with a yawn and completely baffled as she allows herself in the room.

It's not that I envy her or anything but I'm not in the mood to bond with my husband's ex fantasy. Husband! Ha. Max was my husband now. I still couldn't accept that fact.

I slowly shut the door and try to be polite as I possibly can, although with Max's words ringing in my head and the dull feeling of hangover slowly fading away I didn't have much faith in myself. And to top it off, Max pretty much left me alone to deal with it all.

"You and Max disappeared last night and we were worried." Maria said. "But obviously we didn't go looking for you both." She winked.

"I wish you had." I scoffed. "Maybe it would have saved Max from making a mistake."

"Huh? Excuse me?"

"We got married last night...he didn't tell you?"

Maria almost dropped the bottle onto the floor. "Oh my god."

"Yes, but both of us were too drunk to realise it well he was anyway. I was just starting to sober up." I confessed. "Maybe I should have stopped it."

"Are you saying that Maxwell Evans has tied the knot?" Maria sounded happy almost as well as surprised. "Oh my god...wow!"

I don't say anything and have this look of sadness over my face. I wish so badly it was what Max wanted. I didn't care it wasn't an average dream wedding but still, I would have loved to feel Max's acceptance of it.

"Are you alright Liz?"

"Far from it."

Maria puts the bottle down and takes a few steps towards me. "You know, we may not know each other that well but I feel your pain sister." Maria guides me to the bed and sits me down.

"I'm sorry but has anyone married you and then left you the next day?" I hate to sound like a bitch but no one I know had been through what I went through this morning. I felt completely alone and devastated.

"No." Maria said. "But you know what? If my man did that to me, I would die."

"You're too beautiful to be left alone." I mumbled. "I know Max loved you for a long time."

Maria scoffs. "Just that you know, he had a crush on me. He was misguided. But you..he's got you now."

"But I'm not as pretty as you to keep him." I pouted, remembering how Max used to think about her. He had the guts to tell me one day and she sounded so beautiful in his description of her that it made me feel second best.

"Liz, you are a beautiful young woman." Maria said, as if she was reading my mind. "You may not be blonde or big lipped like me but you have exotic features so healthy looking and guys dig that. Plus Max knows you better then he knows me."

I look at Maria. "Why are you doing this?"

"Because I care." Maria replied. "I care for Max and I'm getting to know you so I think I should look out for you as well because now I consider you as a friend."

"Thanks Maria."

"Listen, Max will come around. He's just too busy trying to be perfect for everyone he just doesn't realise he just needs to be himself."

That was it. Maria spoke the words that would give the whole article recognition. "He will won't he?"

Oh, I just realised Max was trying to literally be the best man. How blind was I?

I hugged Maria. "Thanks so much for stopping by." I'm so excited right now so I just squeal. Maria laughed.

"Wow that was fast."

"Yeah." I nodded enthusiastically.

Thank god for Maria.

Max's POV

"I cannot believe you pulled that shit."

I receive death glares from Micheal and my brother Alex. "Are you crazy?" Micheal snapped. "You don't just marry a girl and abandon her on the day after the wedding!"

"It wasn't a perfect wedding. I want to make it perfect for Liz." I protest. "She deserves the best."

"Max, she's probably upset right now." Alex said.

"Which is why I need to give her the surprise."

"Maxwell..." Micheal looked at me. "You're nuts."

I had to get away from everyone. They're all making me feel like I'm doing something wrong. No. I won't be a shitty husband to Liz. I'm going to be so perfect that she cries in happiness when I show her how much I love her.

My forty minute walk has ended as I feel the need to drink something cold. The heat is blistering and I'm almost shirtless. I order and ask for extra ice, I'm that hot.

I freeze literally when I see her from the corner of my eye laughing with another guy. Liz is laughing with another guy like she used to with me. Their hands touch and they're leaning in closer..

I can't bear to look and turn away.

She's moved on. Found someone else that's not me. I'm jealous. I'm fucking jealous.

I want to punch someone.

I see green.

The incredible hulk. I'm so angry right now. Liz didn't want me. She obviously found someone within a couple of hours of our marriage already.

I almost dent the glass with my hand. "Here's the money. Keep the change."

I leave the bar and decided to head back to our apartment where I would wait for Liz.

Wait to see what happens next between us both.

Could be for the better or the worse.
Hunter
Forum Moderator

Re: The Best Man (AU, M/L, Adult) 6/7/09 Chpt 17 p. 16

Post by Hunter »

POM
destiny
Carolyn
Lou
Eve
Ginger
Jessah
Jan

Chapter 17

Max's POV

"God Max, could you be more of an idiot?" Isabel snaps as she fixes her hair. "You broke my sister's heart."

"I was trying to be the perfect gentle-" I try to get a word out but Isabel's constant rants proves to win all the time as she drowns out my words.

"Oh save me that crap!" Isabel hissed. "Maybe you should have been at tentative towards Liz first before going off and saying your marriage to her was a mistake!"

"It was a mistake." I said quietly. "It should have been perfect..just the way she wanted it but it was a stupid drunken stupor and I fucked things up."

"Max, take a reality check." Isabel spun around. "Liz wants you okay? And she is very much happy being your wife! Maybe if you stopping prancing around like a confused monkey and go make up with her right now."

"I can't." I mumbled. "She's with another guy."

The painful envy was still there and I can't believe that she had found another guy straight away. I was really confused, Isabel was right. I felt like a dork.

Isabel heavily sighs. "Max you still need to talk with her. We can't have all this drama especially when it is Michael’s wedding day."

I nodded. "Yeah, I'll have to face her sooner or later." I agreed and got up. "Thanks for the pep talk Isabel."

"Go to your woman!" She points at the door.

I retreat back into my room and she's already there. Her soft dark hair blowing in the air as she used the hair dryer. Her angelic features were displayed in the mirror and she was wearing a thin cotton white dress that I could see her bra underneath it. Okay I sound stupid but I had to list the endless amazing qualities this woman has..

"Max." She turns off the hair dryer and smiles at me but with her eyes still on the mirror. "Hey."

"Can you believe how hot it is?" She laughed. "I needed another shower again because I thought I'd die of the blistering heat." She shook her head and then unplugged the hairdryer. "I do realise I'm running a bit late so if you could pass the dress on the bed to me that would be great."

My eyes dart on the bed were a beautiful pale green dress is waiting for Liz. It's a one shoulder strap, a dress I haven't seen on her yet.

"Max?"

"Yeah sure." I go to get the dress for her and our fingers touch as she takes it from me. "Thanks."

After Liz get's changed into it, she asks me to zip it up for her and as I do, I kiss her on the back. She of course, shivers. "Maax."

"I am madly and hopelessly addicted to you." I whisper. "Do you feel the same way Liz?"

"Yes." She turns around and presses her lips to mine. "I feel the same way Max."

I should shoot myself for this but as a guy, I have to ask her this question. "Then who was the guy at the bar with you today?"

I hear her sharp intake of breath as she backs away slightly to look me in the eyes. "Who Kyle?" She raises an eyebrow and then laughs after I take a quick nod. "Oh that's my friend, he took some photos of our wedding."

"Kyle?"

"He's married to Tess so don't worry." She giggled. "You guys didn't have a proper introduction because last night was all quick and happened to fast..." She stops suddenly and looks into thin air. Her eyes tell a different story and I know she's upset.

It was my fault.

I made her believe our marriage was a mistake.

But it was the best thing to ever happened to me.

Gently, I cup her face and tilt her towards mine. "Liz, what I said about last night....it wasn't a mistake."

"Really?"

"I wasn't happy that I gave you no ring and that I wasn't coherent enough to remember most of the wedding but what I do remember is that I got married to you, I spent the night with you and the touch of your soft supple skin against mine...the way your sweet sugary scent permeated through the air and how we made love...I feel it in my heart." I take her hand and press it against my chest.

She looked fascinated as she could feel my steady heartbeats. "Does your heart beat for me?" She blushes.

"You know it does." I smiled.

"I can't believe you got jealous." She giggled.

I laughed with her. "Yeah, can you imagine me as the jealous husband?"

"Well you are an idiot Max." She told me. "Because you don't know that my whole life I've been waiting for a guy like you."

Wow, she wanted a guy like me.

How amazing was that?

All my life I waited for a woman who wanted a guy like me and now I've found her. I wrap my arms around her.

"Well I can say I've finally found the woman I've been looking for my whole life."

"Yeah and who is she?" Liz's breath is soft and gentle as her dark orbs draw in me.

"You, Liz Evans."

"Max did you hit your head or something?" Alex laughed as he helped Micheal with his suit.

"You know I am the best man so I should be doing my duties not you." I laughed at my little brother.

The guy who I saw with Liz before is here with his camera. "Kyle." I pointed at him. "It's you isn't it?"

"Yeah Max." He nodded. "Kyle Valenti, Liz's Parker's friend." He extended a hand.

"Max Evans, Liz's husband."

Micheal gasped. "Oh, we have a married man here!"

"You got the rings this time?" Alex asked me.

"Yep." I nod. "I got mine and Michael’s." I said. I put Liz's one in my right pocket and Maria's one in the left so I wouldn't get them mixed up.

"Give Michael’s one to me." Alex said and held out his hand.

I take out the navy coloured box and hand it to Alex who slips it in his own pocket. "Hey! What are you doing?"

"Sorry Max, but the role of the best man is officially taken by me today."

"But-"

Micheal slaps my shoulder. "Dude, how can you be a best man on your own wedding day?"

"Yeah, so give me your ring too Max." Alex laughed, extending his hand.

Liz's POV

"You can not be wearing that!" Tess shrieked.

I freeze through the doorway of Maria's bridal room. Isabel is busy fixing Maria's dress and I am currently being scolded by my best friend.

"Why not? You and Isabel are wearing similar dresses." I shrugged.

"Liz.." Tess takes hold of me and spins me around in the mirror. "Does anyone wear this on their wedding day?"

"Tess you know I'm a-" Wait..did Tess just say 'their wedding day?' I chocked. "What are you talking about?"

Tess drags me to a huge king sized bed with cream sheets where a beautiful white wedding dress is. "There is your dress Liz, wear it because you're getting married today."

When the girls finally back away from me, I gasp as I see my reflection in the mirror. "Oh my god..."

I was so beautiful that I didn't even recognise myself.

The white dress was amazing, I was actually in a wedding dress!. Isabel plants a bouquet of red roses in my hands making the surreal seem reality now.

"What a gorgeous bride." Maria compliments.

"It's my wedding day?" I gasp into the mirror.

Tess shows me a ring. The ring I picked last summer on a game of truth or dare. I had to buy a ring and she kept it all this time. "This is Max's ring." She said. "I know you meant it for your dream man."

"Wow, you are prepared." I laughed.

"Yeah." Maria nodded. "It was my plan though, to get you officially married to Max today."

My arms are around Maria. I love this woman already. "Thanks so much!"

"That's right chica, you got yourself a new best friend." She laughed as she hugged me back.

"Hey, I'm her best friend!" Tess pouted. "I kept the ring clean all these years." She joked.

I pull the girls in a big hug. "Thanks girls, you helped make my dream come true."

"Anytime Liz." They all say. "Us gals need to stick together."

Max's POV

I'm standing at the altar like usual but this time, I wasn't standing there as a best man but as a groom about to get married to his bride. Well in my case I already have but this time I will be doing it in front of everyone.

The wedding guests have already packed the seats up; and I see both mine parents and Liz's parents. I am still getting over the shock of how much planning my friends have done behind my back. They actually planned my wedding with Liz and I had no idea about it.

"Chill out Max, I know the wedding jitters are strong but this is the happiest day of your life." Micheal teased. "And mine."

"Yeah." I nod nervously.

"I know that you had a thing for my bride but it was just a misunderstanding." He whispered. "I know your heart belongs to Liz."

"This isn't some way to make sure I am already bound to someone so I have no reason to go after yours." I joked.

"Well you know me, I'm usually the jealous husband type." Micheal chuckled.

"You heard our convo?" I am surprised but amused.

"We all heard it." Micheal confessed. "Hence our plan succeeded in getting you two lovebirds together."

"You guys should start a matchmaking agency." I laughed.

The music starts and I take a deep breath before exhaling. This was it. My day. My wedding day.

Liz and Maria walk side by side down the aisle with their flowers. Micheal is gawping at Maria and I am staring at Liz. "Stop starting you two." Alex teased.

Kyle the photographer starts to click away with his trusty camera. "Not my eyes!" A guest hissed.

I smile at Liz as she finally reaches the altar with Maria. The brides face their respective grooms. "Hey." I softly greet Liz.

"Hey." She greets back.

"Wait!" The door opens and we all look at our intruder.

"This wedding can't happen without us all." Aman walks in followed by a string of my other friends who I have been best man at their weddings.

"Holy mother of Jesus." Kyle whispers and looks at me. "Damn man, how many times!" He begins to click away rapidly, trying to fit all of them into his photographic scale at once.

Alex, Micheal and I laugh. I've lost count as they all pour through the church and stand behind Alex in a huge line like a long caterpillar.

"Wow, your best men are surely outnumbering the guests." Isabel laughed.

"One more!" Another one joins the line quickly and I blush.

"Max, Max, Max." Micheal shook his head. "Too many best men."

"Shush." I grinned. I was sure that one day, all of them would be here for me like I had been for them and they were. Today couldn't get any better.

The reverend opens his bible and begins the ceremony.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to ....."

A/N: Epilogue coming soon! :mrgreen:
Hunter
Forum Moderator

Re: The Best Man (AU, M/L, Adult) 6/11/09 Epligue p.16*complete*

Post by Hunter »

Carolyn
Eve
Lou
Jan
destiny- It was a double wedding I suppose. :mrgreen:
Jessah

A/N: Song used is The closer I get to you by Luther Vandross

Epilogue

Max's POV

Setting: Marquee
Event: Celebration for Max on becoming famous.

Best Man Finally Finds His Bride

Smiling, I look at the article that I helped Liz write. Surprisingly, it made the top news and sold more then million copies. I was even asked to do a biography and with Liz's support, I was starting one.

"Wow, who thought you'd ever get married." My father joked as he took the paper from me. "My own son making the headlines." He sniffed. "I'm so proud of you."

"Dad, it's not like my graduation or something." I laughed.

"Son.." My father pats me on the shoulder. "It is exactly like your graduation."

"So, whose the lucky husband?" My wife's voice purrs from behind me.

I turn around and notice her in a silky ivory dress. Her hair is pinned up in a bun with a few loose curls and I adore those cute little white flower clips on her hair.

Heck, I love everything about her.

"Come here." I extended a hand which she gladly takes.

"I think I'll leave you two alone." My father grins, giving me the thumbs up.

"Max! Max!" I cringe.

It's Dennis the menace. "Listen boy." He staggered towards me with his tobacco in his mouth and his pin striped suit. "I am very disappointed in you."

"Why is that?"

"You got married and then you made the headlines. Now you got promoted in your career which means you won't be seeing much of me anymore."

I raised an eyebrow. "Is that so?"

"You will be missed." Dennis said. "I have to say that you were the best employee I could ever have. It's a shame you will be leaving my company and starting your own."

"Well, you know a man has to built his own nest." I pulled Liz closer to me. "With his wife."

"Congratulations to both of you." Dennis said. "Max...I'm sorry for being to hard on you but I will never regret hiring you in my company."

"It's alright Dennis." I shook it off. "I have everything I ever wanted and it's not going anywhere."

Liz smiles at me. "Max, you're making me blush."

"Anyway what's the name of the company?"

"It's a dating agency." I replied and then our friends ran towards us.

"Max! Liz! You should be dancing!" Isabel and Alex say at once. "We need some good photos of you two."

"Liz, I may not be on the dance floor." Tess rubs her swollen stomach.

Turns out that Kyle and Tess were expecting a baby on the way. Everyone was finally getting their bliss delivered to them. Maria and Micheal had an extended honeymoon, Alex and Isabel were the same as usual in their own lala land while I found my soul mate.

I loved the season of summer.

"Come on Liz." I took her to the dance floor.

The closer I get to you
The more you make me see
By giving me all you've got
Your love has captured me

Over and over again
I try to tell myself that we
Could never be more than friends
And all the while inside
I knew it was real

"This is so our song." Liz teased.

"It is." I nodded. "Although you kept teasing me with your body."

"You were trying to stick with the just friends relationship."

"Honey, I let you in my bed."

"I let you touch me."

I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out. "I let you have your beach dream."

Liz's eyes sparkle as soon as I mention the beach. The amount of times we have made love will always feel like the first and with Liz looking at me like that, I know exactly what she wants.

"You're not thinking of going to the beach are you?"

She cups my ass. "Oh Mr Evans, I do believe you want what I want to."

The way you make me feel
Lying here next to you
Time just seems to fly
Needing you more and more
Let's give love a try
Sweeter and sweeter love grows
And heaven's there for those
Who fool the tricks of time
With hearts in love will find

"I'm ready if you are." I told Liz.

"Then let's get out of here and make a run for it." Liz smirked against my lips.

I kiss her passionately for a little and then look into her eyes. "Okay, on the count of one...two...three..we dodge the camera people, guests and everyone else who gets in the way okay?"

"Yeah, okay." Liz grinned as I caressed her face.

One, two, three..

I grab her hand and run off the dance floor, we run past everyone including Dennis to get straight to the exit. "Hey! Max! Wait! I haven't finished speaking to you yet! Max!" Dennis hollers after me.

But I ignore him.

His voice is drowning everyone's else’s as usual.

He can keep calling me if he wants because I'm gone.

I have my own life to life now and I'm living it with my wife.

So that's it folks, I found my status and now the position of the best man is free.

Anyone can sign up.

Even you.

The END